z

Young Writers Society

Isolation

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:57 pm
NympheaLily says...

Benvenuto everyone to the Isolation storybook! Now, before we begin, I must go over what this storybook is about. This is loosely based off of my current series 'Isolated' and if you don't know what that is, please go check it out! If you have no time to, that's okay because I am going to give a brief overview of the rules and the character chart.

So, I have posted many storybooks in the past, but that is unimportant. This one, I am going to try and keep going and have a limited amount of members so things don't get too confusing.

This storybook is a zombie apocalypse book and the setting is a small, unnamed town in the south eastern part of the USA. However, this is for all you male characters out there, the zombie toxins only turn males into zombies while the females just die in agonizing pain when they come into contact.

I hope you guys enjoy this storybook because I'm really excited for it!! The storybook will be closed on July 18th so you better hurry! See you all in the story!
Ciao!
~NympheaLily

Character Sheet:
Spoiler! :
Name:
Description:
Personality:
Any Siblings?:
Weapon of Choice:
Second Weapon of Choice:
History:
Fatal Flaw:
Are you up for love? Yea or Nay:
Anything extra??:
Will Solace IRL

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:20 am
Europa says...

Style Baxter

The sun had already sank below the broken skyline, the clouds stained bright pink in the fading light. I strolled into the settlement. It was exactly like every other camp I'd been to. Shabby, dirty, with a few scrawny survivors sitting on the steps of the ruined, decaying houses that served as bases. I faintly heard gunshots off in the distance. I sighed, hoisting my backpack a little higher onto my shoulders. The gunshots become louder, this time accompanied by shouting. My hands drifted to the dual pistols strapped to my belt. I kept walking. A few people looked up at me as I came closer to the center of the camp. I didn't even look their way. The sound of running footsteps reached my ears. I stopped abruptly. Instantly the pistols were out of their holsters. A little girl came dashing towards me. I looked her dead in the eye, keeping my finger on the triggers of my guns. In this day and age, anyone could be out to kill you. No matter how young and sweet they look. The kid dashed behind me and grabbed one of my legs.

"Hey! What the--get off, kid!" I shoved her off, but it had about as much effect as pushing a piece of metal off a magnet. She just clung right back on. More footsteps. More gunshots. A bulled whizzed past my ear. I fired. The girl peeked around my leg. There was a terrible moment of heavy silence. Three men came limping into sight. Two of them dragging the third between them. Blood was still dripping from a hole in the third man's head. A lucky shot. The two men tossed there dead buddy into the middle of the street. Almost directly in front of me. Silence. No one moved. The kid ducked behind me. She clutched tighter to my leg. I kept my guns steady. Pointed them at each of my attackers. One of them, a big guy with suntanned skin, began to make a move, then seemed to think better of it and stayed put. He looked me in the eye.

"Out of the way." He snarled. "This ain't got nothin' to do with you."

My eyes narrowed. "Big talk from someone on the wrong end of a gun." My hand was steady, and my voice quiet and smooth. I didn't look away from them. The tan man didn't seem afraid. Stupid.

"You ain't the only one haulin' around a gun. I ain't scared of you!" He pulled his from the waistband of his pants. I fired. He was dead before he even hit the ground. The kid behind me hugged my leg and I felt her burrow her face into my knee. My jaw clenched and I resisted the urge to look behind me. big threat first, Style. I kept my eyes on the road ahead of me. On the two corpses lying face down in the road.

"Bad move." I said to the bodies. My hand still steady. My voice still calm. The tan man's buddy stared at me, that familiar mix of respect and fear dancing in his eyes.

"Look, man." He raised his hands in a placating gesture. "We was just after the kid. I promise I won' mess wit you." I cocked an eyebrow. The kid behind me started to shake.

"How do I know that for sure? You have a weapon hidden somewhere on you. How do I know you won't just kill me after you get what you want. That's what you bandits do. Kill, plunder, run."

The lone bandit blinked. "I..."

"Show me your weapons."

"But I ain't gonna try anythin'!"

"Show. Them. To. Me."

The bandit's hand quivered slightly as he drew out two Lugers from under his jacket.

"Now drop them." I instructed. The bandit held his ground. He looked down at the guns. Then at me and the kid.

"Drop your weapon!" For the first time in months, my voice rose above my usual murmur. I brought my other gun swinging around to point at his head.His eyes met mine. The bandit's dull brown irises staring into my stone grey ones. He dropped his weapons.
I stared at where they lay. Right beside his feet. I shook my head a little.

"Kick them away." He did. The guns skittered across the pavement and through the doorway of an abandoned building. The bandit folded his arms.

"Now gimme the kid."

I could feel the girl's fingernails digging into my leg through the fabric of my jeans. She whimpered a little. I forced my gaze to stay on the bandit. I kept my hand steady. My voice calm.

"Sorry, but this one's kind of grown on me."

The bandit's eyes blazed. Frankly I'm surprised he used the language he did in front of a little girl. Civilization has truly gone to ruin. The bandit moved. Not towards his guns. Towards me. One of my pistols snapped down . I fired. The bandit crumpled, howling in agony and clutching his leg. He looked up at me. I moved my gun back to his head. My hand was steady.

"I would advise," My voice was calm and deathly soft. "not trying that again." The girl slowly let go of my leg. I began to back away, keeping my pistol aimed at the bandit's head. The kid stayed close to me. I kept my other gun ready. The bandit began to crawl away from us. I slowly lowered my gun as he disappeared from view. My breath escaped me in a long sigh. I looked down at the kid. She looked up at me.

"You can go now." I told her. The kid didn't reply. She just kept staring at me with those strange, dark eyes. I stared back. She blinked. Well, if she wanted to kill me, she'd have done it by now... I turned and walked away. Unless she's just waiting for me to let my guard down. Don't you just love those little voices? They always have your back. I looked back at the girl. She was standing in the exact same spot, staring at me. I continued walking back the way I came. I stopped at an empty shell of a house. I stuck my head inside, keeping my gun close lo my chest. looks like no one's using it. The sun had all but disappeared by now, and the first few stars were winking in the sky. I stepped inside the house. It smelled strongly of mildew and faintly of death. I slung my pack off my shoulder. Unrolled my bedroll. I stood up and strolled to the door, gun in hand, and peeked out the doorway. Most everyone was inside now. A few people had lit small fires. I closed my door. The lock was broken. Wouldn't have been much use anyway. I lay down on my cot, tucking one of my pistols into the waistband of my jeans and laying the other one down beside me. Right next to my hand. It didn't take long for the fatigue to catch up to me. I wonder if that kid is still standing around in the street? I thought drowsily. My eyes blinked closed, and I drifted into unconsciousness. That dissatisfying, restless doze I called "Sleep".
If she's smart, she'll find a place to hunker down.

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:42 pm
NympheaLily says...

Soka Flyte
Soka stared after the tall boy who saved her from the bandits. She couldn't believe someone would save her life in this forgotten place. Soka turned around and walked back where she came from. Then she stopped. She turned back towards where the boy had gone. He seemed to be the only one not out to kill her. Of course, Soka knew how to take care of herself, but ever since her twin sister Kami died, she'd been very lonely.

Soka started walking in the direction of the boy, then stopped again. I shall keep vigil here, she thought. Soka sat down, drawing her knives hidden deep in her shawl, and looked up at the sky, turning dark above her. The hordes would be coming soon, and she was ready. She closed her eyes and breathed.

Soon enough, she heard the sounds of zombies coming from over the hill. She kept her eyes closed and got up, her knives in hand. Since she was battling in the dark, she had to rely on her other senses to guide her. She'd been trained for this in the reservations and she was quite experienced in it. She inhaled and struck.

The sound of the zombie's pain was satisfying. It groaned and Soka swung around with both knives and decapitated it. Slashing it twice in the chest, she kicked it down and put a foot on it's chest. Suddenly, a light appeared and Soka blinked. She heard a gasp come from the light and she could vaguely see the shape of a person. Soka narrowed her eyes and crushed the zombie's head under her foot. She looked straight towards the light and signed a message;

Run.
Will Solace IRL

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor