z

Young Writers Society

We Are Jupiter

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:55 am
FadingBrighter says...

Hello, and welcome to JUPITER

(If you are looking for SPECTRE, please go find the nearest door and politely let it BASH YOUR HEAD IN ON THE WAY OUT.

It is the year 1962, and as James Bond and SPECTRE are busy saving the world over in the UK, the United States of America has its own super secret spy organization known as JUPITER. Which, without a doubt, is totally way better than SPECTRE and who asked you anyways?

You, a member of JUPITER, are tasked with maintaining world peace - a pretty big job on its own all without the crazy shenanigans that just seem to be utterly attracted to the place. You really don't get payed enough to deal with all the time traveling, dimension hopping, clone making, and monster creating you have to live through everyday.

Seriously though, what do you expect when the headquarters is located beneath a Chinese restaurant. They don't even carry sweet and sour pork - the scoundrels.

Can you survive life at JUPITER? Probably not, but you've gotta pay those loan sharks somehow...

If you haven't guessed, this is going to be a parody on everything spy. I have been watching Archer lately, and I just really wanted to write a funny spy story. And who better to write it with than all of you?
There are going to be multiple positions available in JUPITER. Both agent, and drone. Don't worry, both will be fun and intriguing as the agency honestly doesn't get a lot of funding(or at least, that's what the management tells them) and as a result all the employees get sent to the field! Yay!
So if you are in the mood to write some crazy spy adventures, this is the story for you!

A little background on the side, if you please:

JUPITER is located beneath a small chinese restaurant by the name of Mar'tai's.The restaurant recently got taken over by an elder Russian woman named Helga who has completely changed the menu to the most unappitizing things you could possibly imagine. It keeps any non-employees away, but now they have to go elsewhere for their lunches, and there just really isn't any good restaurants nearby...

Anyway, the entrance in is through the fishtank in the back. You know, the one that never has any fish in it? Except for that one time, the day before Helga made Shui Zu Yu. The entire staff had food poisoning for weeks.
Anyway, you just type in your personal code and viola. Just, don't forget your code, okay? If you type it incorrectly the elevator will fill with knockout gas and that is no excuse for being late to work.

Yeah, I'm talking to you, Cheryll.
Well then, new employees, best of luck, and do try your best not to get yourselves killed. The company insurance policy is shit and we really don't need to pay for anymore funerals. Twenty-one gun salutes aren't cheap you know.

Spoiler! :
Character Profile:
(include photo here)
Name:
Sex:
Background:
Personality:
Expertise:

Also, here is a link to the DT:https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=105432
Last edited by FadingBrighter on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Omnia mutantur, nihil interit (everything changes, nothing perishes).”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:01 pm
LordZeus says...

Spoiler! :
you forgot to make a dt. Pls make one. I'm interested in this SB but I'm not sure if I'm joining yet. I'll get back to you when I'm sure. For now, make a dt as that will encourage people to talk with you and maybe even join.

Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer