z

Young Writers Society

Final Stand

Reviews: 3
Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:39 am
Petalstar125 says...

I am Coral...and this is our final stand...

"Huh?"

Okay, right. I'm supposed to be explaining. So, welcome to Ember Camp. I'm sure you know what's going on, or you wouldn't be here.

"Um...no, I blacked out and I don't remember much of anything..."

Ah, so you're...um, nevermind. Well, anyway, there's sort of an apocalypse going on, and Ember Camp is one of the last safe spots in the world. Yeah, yeah, you hear this in stories all the time, but this is for real. There is a real zombie apocalypse going- BEHIND YOU!

You whirl around just in time to dodge a zombie trying to kill you, and Coral pulls out a dagger, killing it.

Yeah, we should get to the safehold...

You follow Coral to a heavily guarded safehold.

Sorry about that. Well, you can see now that this is real. Ember Camp is the only safe spot for thousands of miles, maybe longer. You have no chance if you don't stay with us. This is worse than any zombie apocalypse story or TV show or whatever. There's thousands of zombies within a few miles of us; there's no way you can fight them off, and they tend to attack in huge groups. We just got lucky. Usually there's a lot more surrounding the place. I got confident, and I didn't bring you inside right away, because there hasn't been many zombies out here for a few days...
Hello! I'm new to the site and have started a Wolf Quest fanfiction. (it's an amazing download game) I may not finish it on this site, but I will almost certainly finish it elsewhere. I also started a storybook called Final Stand.

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind