Elswyre

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:45 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

The Wandering Haar

"There's a rock on your left."

"Thanks." Haar extended her staff and sure enough, there was a large, hard thing to her left. She walked toward it and bent down to put her hand on the rough surface. When she was sure of its size, she sat down atop it.

"Is there anyone around?" she asked.

There was a pause before the other voice replied, "None out here."

Haar tilted her head. "There's a loud rustling sound, like wind in the trees, but I don't feel any breeze at all. And it sounds like there are voices. Are we near the Spirit Woods?"

"As smart as always, Haar," the voice chuckled.

"Is there anyone in the woods? Alive, I mean."

"Oh yes. At least five," said the voice.

"My goodness, has the Spirit Woods become some sort of vacation spot?" Haar muttered.

"Only the most suicidal one, of course."

Haar laughed softly and pulled her hood lower, shrouding her face in more shadows. (She hated the burning feeling of too much sun on her skin.) She felt for her satchel and opened it.

"Well then, I suppose they wouldn't mind me singing them a dirge."

"Oh please, Haar," the voice said, and Haar only laughed again. She pulled out her harp and plucked a few notes.

"Poor spirits in the woods,
rest, rest in peace.
Too many years
wand'ring the world.
Now it's time to sleep . . ."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:14 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Hirushi
Hirushi was only minding her own business when she heard a singing in the through the forest.

rest, rest in peace.
Too many years
wand'ring the world.
Now it's time to sleep . . ."

Hirushi frowned and started to head towards the singing. As an adventurer, she had a job to document any oddities that happened around the woods. She hardly went to her hometown of Naventide and spent most of her time documenting and camping out in the Spirit Woods. When she finally reached the place where the singing was coming from, Hirushi gasped and ducked down. A wndering Haar, she thought Why would one be at the edge of the forest? They're usually found in the center... The Haar didn't notice Hirushi and it kept on singing. Actually, it was not an it, it was a girl. Hirushi took a deep breath and stood.

Hiding from a many
Who wish to capture
And disrupt
From their much needed peace"

Being the daughter of a siren and an elf, she had a beautiful voice that could enchant any elf to so what she wanted. Kind of a mindslave, if you will. However, Haars were different. They had beautiful voices too, and were immune to her singing. Which is why Hirushi chose to sing at this moment. This way, it would be impossible to harm anyone.
Will Solace IRL

81 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:33 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Haar

The words of the song died on Haar's lips, and her fingers stopped plucking the strings of her harp. She stiffened, and reached for her staff.

The singing stopped.

"Twyla, who's there?" she breathed softly, so no one could hear, as she put her harp away and closed her satchel.

"An elf, over to your right." The feather on her earring brushed her cheek. "There's something strange about this one, but I can't place it."

Haar pulled the hood of her cloak even lower to hide her face and stood. "Good day," she called to the stranger.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

69 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:38 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Hirushi
Hirushi frowned but then remembered. Harars are blind aren't they? She smiled even though the Haar couldn't see.

"Greetings," she said, "I am an adventurer. I just came by your beautiful song." The Haar's hood was low over her face. She didn't say anything. Hirushi put a hand up.

"Haar, please come to me. I have a gift."
Will Solace IRL

81 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:07 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Haar

"Should I trust her?" Haar whispered as softly as she could without moving her lips too much.

"I think she's okay," Twyla whispered back.

"You get me out of this if it's dangerous, okay?"

"Sure thing, Haar. If she tries to hurt you, I'll eat her."

Haar smirked at the words only she could hear. Then tightening her grip on her staff, she slowly walked toward the elf.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:51 am
View Likes
mmbmio says...

Shaila
"Dear whysp, will you take me to these kynds?"
It pulsed once and then started to drift a few leagues away.
"Do you want me to follow you?"
I heard it coo and move even further away.
"Wait up!"
I grab my bag and follow my new friend.
Fantasy worlds are the best

69 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:26 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Hirushi
As the Haar walked towards her, Hirushi took a deep breath. Oh I've always wanted to do this, she thought. Hirushi had been training for a really long time on restoring senses, and she thought, just maybe, she could restore the Haar's sense of sight temporarily. She'd done one on hearing, but hearing was simpler. Eyesight is much more complex.

"Haar," she said, "I may be able to restore your sight. However, it is temporary and will last only until tomorrow's midnight. I will only be able to do this once, so do not abuse this power." Hirushi sensed the Haar gripping her staff tighter.

"And then after that, I may be able to find a permanent cure, but you have to help me. If I do this act for you, will you help me through the spirit woods to find a cure?" That was one of Hirushi's dreams, to master the art of healing. She was talented, but not a master.
Will Solace IRL

81 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:38 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Haar

Restore my sight? The words sounded too good to be true. Was this a trap? Or was it just a cruel joke?

"Blind?" said Haar, pasting on a smile. "Who said I was blind?" That silly village kid . . . He really had to tell all of Elswyre that The Wandering Haar couldn't see, didn't he? "Listen, whoever you are, I don't mean to be rude but you really shouldn't believe everything you hear. Like people are saying that there are multiple Haars and they all are from the center of the Spirit Woods. Those are all just stories. I'm the one and only Haar, and I've only been to the center of the Spirit Woods twice."

"Haar, you really should be careful," hissed Twyla.

"But . . . I'm sure I remember the way through the woods. I ask for nothing in return," Haar quickly added as the other elf was about to say something. She turned in the direction of the woods. "This way."

As she headed carefully towards the trees, the nagging feeling that she had met this elf once clung to her thoughts. Have I met her before? And how did I end up being a tour guide to the deadliest forest in the land?

69 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:15 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Hirushi
Hirushi frowned.

"I don't need a guide," she said, "I'm an adventurer and amateur healer. I was on another documenting mission when I cam across you." Hirushi shrugged and turned her back.

"Ah well, your loss, Haar." She'd studied many creatures but she'd only run across one of these once before. Or, one just like it. Of course, her mentor, had restored the Haar like creature's sight permanently, but that was because she was a master. Hirushi started to walk back to where Shye was waiting.
Will Solace IRL

81 Reviews

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:08 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Haar

"Wait."

"Twyla!" hissed Haar. "What are you doing?"

She felt a shift in the darkness. Twyla had shifted into the form of a elven girl, though Haar knew the shade looked like a black figure.

"Is it true . . . that you can heal my friend's sight?"

"Yes, but it's not permanent," replied the elf.

Before Haar could retort, Twyla said, "Do it. We'll help you if you can help Haar."
Last edited by Lael on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

69 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:03 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Hirushi
Hirushi grinned and stepped towards Haar. Haar looked very uncertain but came towards her begrudgingly.

"Please, sit," said Hirushi, "And focus on what makes you happy." Haar closed her eyes and Hirushi put one hand on her forehead and one on her heart. She took a deep breath and a golden light, flooded the clearing.
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:53 am
Mageheart says...

Vagare Faerius:

Being a loner was in his blood. Or, at least, that's what he suspected. Maybe it wasn't his genes, but rather his fate to be alone. He had never found anyone he wanted to travel with, or vice versa. Having some sort of pet as a companion was out of the question as well - he could barely feed himself, much less some other type of creature.

His stomach growled at the thought of food. He couldn't recall the last time he had eaten an actual meal. He did know, however, that he had eaten a couple of bugs and the last piece of his chocolate bar.

He glanced around at the trees. There was some sort of fruit, colored blue, but he didn't want to risk eating it. It could be poisoned. And there was the rumors; the rumors that said if you ate the fruit in the Spirit Woods, you'd be forced to wander there for eternity.

Not for the first time, he wanted to turn around and leave. Yet that wasn't an option. He had to get used to this place before mapping it out, and there was also the problem of him being lost.

A golden light filled a clearing nearby. Readjusting the strap of his bag, he hesitantly set off in that direction. He found himself staring at a life kynd, and a shadow kynd elves, both female.

He gulped. He hoped they weren't ghosts. He had managed to avoid the other spirits wandering the woods by using his power over the wind to propel him into the higher up branches of various trees, or simply hiding behind them.

He took in the two's appearance. The life kynd looked alive, but the shadow kynd, with her black eyes, long black hair, and extremely pale skin looked very, very dead.

Terrified, a scream left his lips. He tried to back away from the two once their attention turned to him, but he ended up tripping over his own two feet and falling to the ground. He closed his eyes tight and awaited whatever fate was going to befall him.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:10 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Haar

For one blissful moment Haar had removed her hood to take in the beauty of the Spirit Woods. It was amazing, being able to see all of the trees and the faintest whispers of spirits about. Grudgingly, she admitted to herself that it was good that Twyla, currently wandering about in her panther form, had stopped the life kynd from leaving.

Then, in the next moment, there was a scream.

Haar glanced at the newcomer, a wind kynd, then at the life kynd who had given her sight, then down at herself. Sure, she had asked Twyla what she looked like before, but she supposed the descriptive words the shade had used were all understatements. She sighed, a little hurt, looking across at the little wind kynd cowering on the ground.

"My goodness, kid, that's quite rude of you," she said as she stood. "Screaming at any person who seems to look 'dead' to you. I never asked to look like this." She laughed mirthlessly as she pulled her hood back over her head, then muttered to herself, "I don't even look normal for a shadow kynd. It's not my fault for apparently being born on some special night with stars falling from the sky."

If I had been born a day earlier or later those eighteen years ago, I would have been normal, sight and all. I would probably just have an average voice, but at least maybe my parents wouldn't have abandoned me.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:07 pm
Mageheart says...

Vagare Faerius:

He hesitantly opened his eyes upon hearing who assumed to be the shadow kynd speak. Face turning red in embarrassment at his mistake, he rushed to his feet. He brushed the dirt off his pants and jacket. "I'm sorry," he sheepishly apologized. "I thought you were a ghost, and I'm really scared of them. So I'm sorry again for screaming. That wasn't polite-"

His eyes widened. With childish excitement, he asked her, "Is that panther a shade? I've never met a shade before. I mean, I've seen them from the distance, but never up close!"

Before she could answer him, he rushed over to the shade. He nearly tripped several times, but he managed to make it over unharmed. "Hi! I'm Vagare Faerius, adventurer, cartographer, amateur astronomer, and hopeful future inventor! Oh, and I'm a wind kynd, in case you couldn't tell."

He grinned.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:28 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Haar

"Of course I could tell," scoffed Twyla, flicking her tail. "But still, nice to meet you, little boy. Name's Twyla. And this is--"

"Twyla," interrupted Haar. "I can introduce myself." She felt a slight annoyance at the fact that Vagare had only told his name to her friend, but her expression was hidden within the shadows of her hood.

"I am the Wandering Haar. A pleasure to meet you."

There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
— Terry Pratchett