z

Young Writers Society

Return of Hogwarts

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:28 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Hey Potterheads! I was thinking that we could make our own mystical tale in the Harry Potter universe by creating our own adventures and characters! Please look over at the rules before you start writing so we have no confusion. Thank you, and enjoy!

A few things you should know:
~You may have a pet. You may choose from a ferret, owl, toad, cat, rat, or dog.
~You may choose a patronus
~You may choose your house
Will Solace IRL

69 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:56 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Harley
Harley rushed along, pushing her luggage cart along the walk way. This was her third year at this school and she sure as heck hoped it would be a good one. Ever since the battle of Hogwarts, things had been different. She was only a first year when it had happened. She's heard tales of the infamous Harry Potter and his friends. She's heard of the dark lord and of his followers.

She'd gotten so lost in her thoughts, she completely forgot where she was going. Before she knew it, she had slammed straight into another kid.

"Oof!"
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:48 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Kendra
Kendra Newman was not your average teenager. Sure she looked nice, played with friends over summer break, and enjoyed shopping, but Kendra was not as average as she seemed. She went to Hogwarts, a magical school for witchcraft and wizardry.

It was an early August morning when Kendra realized she was going back to Hogwarts that day for her third year! She quickly rushed to get ready and her family rushed to the train station. As she was telling her family goodbye, she felt someone push her from behind, almost making her fall over. Kendra turned and looked over this girl. She seemed to be around fourteen and by the fact that she was wearing a yellow shirt, she guessed this girl was a Hufflepuff.
"Sorry, was I in your way?" Kendra asked politely, trying to keep cool. She tended to get angry when people touched her.
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:42 pm
Mageheart says...

Alexandra Wakefield:

Her luggage safely stowed away, Lex began her search for a train compartment. Her tiny black kitten leaped out of her arms and went racing down the aisles. "Newt!" she cried out, but her efforts were futile. The cat had already entered a compartment. With a sigh, she entered it as well.

The boy she found in said apartment seemed to be her age. But unlike her, he wasn't wearing a T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Dressed in a green, button-up, collared shirt, recently ironed black dress pants, and completely spotless loafers, he made her feel severly underdressed. Perching on the window sill was a tiny owl, which was currently having a staring match with Newt.

He looked up from the book he was reading, Dark Wizards Through the Ages, and met her gaze as she slowly picked up Newt.

"Hi," she simply said.

"Hello," he said with a blank expression on his face. It seemed like his mind was currently elsewhere. "Are you a Muggleborn?"

She gestured to the seat across from him. When he gave a nod, she sat down. "Yup! How'd ya know?"

"You said hello to me."

Newt curled up in her lap. "I don't get it. Are wizards not friendly?" Curious, and a bit worried, she awaited his response.

"Some are, some aren't," he said rather vaguely. He carefully closed the book. The owl hopped off its perch and onto the cover of the book now next to him. "I'm Blake Croft. The Crofts are an ancient, pure blood family who tend to become dark wizards. After the Battle of Hogwarts..." He gave a hollow chuckle. "We aren't that popular."

"Oh." She had read up about the Battle of Hogwarts. It hasn't impacted her life in any way - she hadn't even known Hogwarts existed. But now it was impacting her life through Blake Croft.

"I won't be offended if you leave now. I've already been accused of being a Death Eater three times today, and a person I've never met before told me to kill myself." He gave a dry smile. "You leaving would add more fuel to the fire, but, in comparison, it wouldn't be bad."

She stubbornly stayed put. "Then let me the person who dumps a bucket of water on the bonfire!" She held out her hand and grinned at him from underneath her hat. "The name's Alexandra Wakefield, but call me Lex! Oh, and I'm a 1st Year at Hogwarts!"

After a second of hesitation, he shook her hand. "My name, as I said earlier, is Blake Croft. And I am also a 1st Year at Hogwarts."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:55 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Harley
Harley looked up at the girl she'd crashed into.

"S-s-s," she stuttered. She could never talk properly when there was stress. The girl raised an eyebrow. Harley gulped and pointed to the wall. She scrambled up, brushed herself off, grabbed her cart, and ran right into the pillar leading to platform 9 3/4. Harley sighed and trudged along to the train. I'm such a nuisance...
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:38 pm
Mageheart says...

Blake Croft:

As they waited for the other students to say their goodbyes to their families and board the Hogwarts Express, Blake tried to come up with something to say. But the topics were rather limited. Because Lex was a Muggleborn, he couldn't discuss the latest Quidditch, or the news article he had read a week ago in the Daily Prophet. In a way, it came as a relief. Quidditch had always bored him, and he preferred the outlandish articles in the Quibbler to the biased articles in the Daily Prophet.

The two young wizards stared at inanimate objects to avoid the awkwardness - Lex was staring at the door to the compartment, while Blake was finding the ground to be incredibly interesting. He snuck a glance in Salazar's direction. The young owl was fluffing out his wings in an attempt to get comfortable. His gaze traveled to Lex's lap, where her cat was purring loud enough for him to hear on the other side of the compartment.

Finally finding a subject for them to talk about, he gestured at his pet. “My owl's name is Salazar. He is named after the founder of the house of Slytherin…” He felt like he needed to add more. When he finally did, it was a half-truth. “As a Croft, it is my duty to be sorted into Slytherin.”

“So Salazar's like a good luck thing, then?” Lex said, staring intently at the small burrowing owl. “I did some research on the houses, naturally. I don't think I'm ambitious enough to get into Slytherin, but I am pretty fond of snakes.” She grinned. “People always get freaked out by them, but they're really unique creatures.”

She went on about the evolution of snakes and their special traits compared to other animals, but Blake's mind was elsewhere. He wasn't one for wishing, but he found himself wishing with all of his heart that Alexandra Wakefield would be sorted into Slytherin.
mage

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 am
NympheaLily says...

Harley
Harley dashed onto the Hogwarts express and made her way down to where she usually sits. No one liked to sit with her, so they all took the cabins up front and left this one all to herself. Well, except for her brother. He liked to sit with her. Suddenly her foot caught of a small wrinkle in the carpet and she fell.

"Ah!" She'd fallen right next to an open cabin where a boy and girl were having a conversation. They looked over at her and the boy's eyes narrowed. He definitely looked like a Slytherin and she wanted no part in these two's conversation. She gave a small yeep and scrambled up and out of the line of sight. Her book bag slammed against her thigh as she ran to her cabin and shut the door.

"Colloportus!" she shouted, whipping out her wand. The door latched onto the wall and locked itself. Harley sunk back into the seat, sighing and taking her cat out of her bag.

"I am so sorry," she said.
Last edited by NympheaLily on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 am
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Kendra
"Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" Kendra called as she wheeled her cart into the 'wall' with her boarder collie, Pepper, running on a leash attached to the cart. She wheeled through the magical barrier and quickly into the train, walking around and trying to find somewhere to sit. She saw her three friends from her privious years and went to sit with them.
Then she realized that the girl who had bumped into her was standing a little way down the isile and she walked over. "Do you want to sit with me and my friends? We are Gryffindors but I think we could make room for a Hufflepuff." She smiled as the girl looked dazed and confused.
"Come on Kendra!" One of her friends called. She grabbed the girl's arm and pulled her along until they where all in their seats and waiting for the train to start. "Who is this?" One of her friends asked. "I could ask the same question." Kendra said, turning to the Hufflepuff.

(Anyone who wants to can create the friends of Kendra)

69 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:08 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Harley
Harley heard talking outside of her cabin.

"N-n-no," she stuttered, "I'm fine in here where I'm all alone! I have my cat! I'm fine!"
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:52 am
Mageheart says...

Blake Croft:

"Was she scared of owls or cats?" Lex asked, peeking out of their compartment to see if the girl who had entered and left was in the hallway. When she didn't find her, Lex returned to her seat.

"No," Blake replied. He rubbed his hand against the old cover of the Dark Wizards Through the Ages, staring at the doorway to the compartment they were sharing. "She saw me. That's why she raced out of here." Following the role given to him, he gave a cold smile. "Like I said earlier, I want to be a Slytherin. And even if she couldn't deduce that, she probably recognizes me as a Croft."

Lex crossed her arms, much to her cat's disappointment. "Did you do that on purpose?"

"Do what?"

She pointed to her mouth. "That smile. Were you intentionally trying to look like a villain when you smiled?" At his look of shock, she smugly added, "Your smile didn't reach your eyes."

Lex suddenly got to her feet. She grabbed her black kitten and held it like a baby as she began to exit the compartment. "Where are you going?" he asked. Just a couple of minutes ago, she had promised to stay. But now she was leaving?

"I'm going to hunt that girl down, and get her to apologize to you." Without offering any other explanation, she left. Blake glanced at his book and Salazar before grabbing both of them and rushing after Lex.

He finally caught up to her. "Why are you doing this?" he asked. What could she possibly gain from helping him? There had to be some reason, some logic behind her actions.

"Because that's what friends are for, right?"

Fr-Friends? He must have misheard her. There was no way she could have called him that. But he soon realized he had heard her call him her friend, and he was too shocked to form words for almost minute. "We've only just met," he protested. "And I'm a Croft. I'm probably going to end up in Slytherin. And my family members are known for being Dark Wizards, who hurt Muggleborns like you."

"That's the stupidest thing I've heard you say." When he didn't answer, she added, "You're different than your family. Stop comparing yourself to them, or you'll end up just the same."

"How do you know I'm different?"

She gave him a dry smile. "You didn't call me a Mudblood. When I was shopping at Diagon Alley, someone called me that. He looked a lot older-" Her eyes widened. She gestured at the group of kids who Blake instantly recognized. "The one who called me that is the one in the front. Said he was from a respectable Pureblood family and the prefect of the Slytherin house."

Blake suddenly grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and tried to open the nearest compartment. When it proved to be locked, he pulled his wand out of his pocket and muttered, "Alohomora." There was a satisfying click as it unlocked. He rushed inside with Lex and slammed the door shut as fast as physically possible, making sure to lock it.

"Why did you just do that?" Lex questioned after he finally let go of her. "You know him?"

"Unfortunately, yes." He sighed, rubbing his temple with his free hand. "His name is Angelus. Fifth year at Hogwarts, prefect of the Slytherin house. If he hadn't been only a second year during the Battle of Hogwarts, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have have joined the Dark Lord's side." He gave a pained smile. "The jerk you met in Diagon Alley is also my older brother."

She stared. "Well, we know who all of the good family genes went to, don't we?" She glanced around the compartment. "Hey, we're in the compartment of the girl I was looking for!" Lex marched over to where the girl was and sat down across from her. "Earlier you ran out of our compartment because Blake's going to be in Slytherin. Back where I come from, we call that type of thing discrimination. So please don't do that again, and apologize to Blake-"

"Lex, don't make her." His voice was quiet. Still, it captured the other first year's attention. "Slytherins probably killed her friends during the Battle of Hogwarts, along with possibly her family. There's a reason people hate us so much."
mage

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:22 pm
NympheaLily says...

Harley
"Leave me alone leave me alone leave me alone!" Harley said. The boy-girl-person was looking down at her angrily.

"Apologize!" she said, glaring at Harley.

"I'm sorry!" Harley screamed, "I'm sorry!" She whipped out her wand and recited her favorite transfiguration spell. She turned into a black and white bird and flew out of the cabin. She'd trained herself to minimize her book bag with her, so she didn't have to go back and get it.

"Penny it's alright!" Harley squeaked down to her cat, 'I'll just stay up here."
Last edited by NympheaLily on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will Solace IRL

69 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:39 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Casey
when Casey walked onto the train, he immediately heard his sister's scream.

"Harley!" He rushed to the back of the train where he saw, just in time, a little black and white bird fly out and settle itself on a beam right above his head. Harley's cat, Penny, wandered out and twined in between Casey's legs. Casey picked the cat up and put her away from him. His dog Asher came bounding up the train and stopped next to Casey.

"Harley," he said, "Come down." The bird did as she was told and perched on his shoulder.

"Harley," he said, "Change back for me please." Haley dipped her head and morphed back into herself. Since she was still on his shoulder, her weight toppled him over and the fell into a heap on the floor of the train.

"Oof!" Casey shoved Harley off of him and helped her up.

"Ahem." Casey turned to find a boy and girl in his sister's apartment.
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:45 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Carson
Carosn Grey entered the train and found the two people tumbled ontop of each other. When they quickly got up, he slipped past and walked into an open compartment. It had a girl and boy in it and the boy....he seemed like a Croft!
"Can I sit with you two?" He asked, watching the boy suspiciously.
He was not up-to-date with the Croft situation. His parents had been wizards but had died in a fire, leaving him to his adult brother, Henry. Henry had refused to take him in, withso putting Carson in a home of orphaned boys. He had lived in hatred until he revived his Howarts letter. Something his brother had never gotten.

Kendra
Kendra Newman heard a loud thump from her compartment. "Hang on..." She told her friends and she got up, walking out to find a super cute guy and the Hufflepuff girl sprawled on the ground. They seemed to be related, Kendra could tell by the way their faces resembled each other. When they got up, she wondered how they had come like that but figured she's better not ask.

69 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:54 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Casey
Casey looked into the cabin and raised an eyebrow.

"Sis, I'm pretty sure your compartment has been taken. Do you want to go find a different one? You won't feel as uncomfortable."

"N-no Casey. This one is fine." Harley gulped and went into the cabin.

"G-got room f-for t-two more?"
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:04 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Kendra
"Sure." She said, stepping aside so that the two could walk into the cabin. Her friends scooted closer together in order to make room for the two newcomers. The Hogwarts express's horn let out a long and loud honk. The train would be departing shortly and now, all the kids in the train where hurriedly trying to find a cabin to sit in.

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara