"So," he said, "All of you are first years, huh?"
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:43 am
Mageheart says...

Alexandra Wakefield:

"Lex and I are both first years. I am not certain, however, about the others here." She was surprised to note his voice sounded cold and distant. It was if the Blake Croft she had met earlier and the boy next to her were two completely different people.

"The name's Alexandra Wakefield, but call me Lex!" she said, a large grin spreading from ear to ear. "And my cat is Newt. He's named after Newt Scamander." A rare blush spread across her face. "He's my hero."

Blake gave a curt nod, as if acknowledging the existence of the odd group gathered. "My name is Blake Croft, as several of you probably have guessed. My owl is named Salazar, after the founder of the house of Slytherin." He gave a forced smile - it didn't reach his eyes.

"Blake's pretty amazing!" Lex exclaimed, much to her friend's horror. "He already knows what house he's going to end up in - Slytherin. And then I'm over here, not knowing if I'm brave enough for Gryffindor, ambitious enough for Slytherin, loyal enough for Hufflepuff, or smart enough for Ravenclaw."

Spoiler! :
Hi, everyone! I just wanted to make you all aware that most people think Lex is a guy until she says her full name. Because of her outfit choices, and her nickname, most assume she's a boy.

Also, @NympheaLily, have you thought about making a discussion topic for both this and Peculiarities? I've done so for the Storybook I've created, and I've found it works great.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:57 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Casey
"Casey nodded, giving a sidelong glance at Lex, the first year.

"Excuse my impudence, but, Lex," said Casey, "How come you look like, uh, a boy?" Harley smacked him.

"Casey!" she said, "Don't be so rude!"

Spoiler! :
Hey I have a new story book that I'm using as a tool to get rid of a writers block. It's called Elswyre and if you go to my wall, you can find the link. I really want some people to partake in it so I can get some ideas. Thanks in advance.
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:54 am
Mageheart says...

Blake Croft:

He had to hide his smile when the curly-haired girl punched the boy with the blue eyes. Allowing them to see his smile would prove to be fatal - not only was there the chance of the older boy becoming his enemy, but it would allow them all to see through the wall he had so carefully constructed.

"I like how I look more," Lex explained, in response to the older boy's question. When no one responded, she continued. "When I was younger, my mum always loved to dress me up. Fancy dresses, do my hair - basically, make me look like I was some sort of princess. But when I looked into the mirror, I didn't see myself. Some strange girl was staring back at me." She lifted up the rim to her hat and grinned. "When I wear things like this, and have my hair this length, I can look into the mirror and be like, 'Hi there, me!'"

Jealousy, an old friend of Blake's, had returned once again. He wished his parents would be as accepting of the person he wanted to be. He wished that he could be like any other kid - that he could throw on a t-shirt and jeans, and no one would get upset with him. Instead, he had to walk around, dressed to show his wizarding status when he could care less about being a Pureblood.

But he knew that dream could never come true.

Spoiler! :
I checked it out, and I just have one quick question: can elves have traits that belong to a different kynd?
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:47 am
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Carson

"Woah!" He exclaimed as he walked out of the compartent just in time to see the Hufflepuff girl slap her brother. "What is going to here?!'
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?

69 Reviews

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:35 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Harley
Harley's cheeks flushed and she looked down.

"Sorry about all the accidents," said Casey, putting a hand on her shoulder, "She's just super shy. If any stranger tries to touch her, she'll freak." He looked at the Slytherin boy.

"It's not because your a Croft er whatever. We don't discriminate against rank, name, or career."

Spoiler! :
Yes of course. That'll start a cool adventure!
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:31 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Carson

Carson Grey was puzzled by this. He didn't believe that the girl had reason to slap her brother in the first place but he decided that he would do the same if he could only see his brother again...
"Oh, umm, okay." Carson replied. He liked this girls aditude but didn't say so. Instead he looked at the Croft boy. He had heard of the name Croft once or twice but living in a muggle orphan home made it very hard for him to keep up with the magical society.
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:42 pm
Mageheart says...

Blake Croft:

He pinched himself. It wasn't possible for today to be happening; the only explanation for the events that had befallen him was that he was in the middle of a dream. He kept waiting for it to become his nightmarish reality, but he found himself still standing in the middle of the compartment.

He was a Croft. His uncle had been one of Voldemort's closest allies - everyone in the wizarding world knew his family produced more Death Eaters than most. They were right up there with the Malfoy family (in fact, Draco Malfoy was his second-cousin). And he wanted to be in Slytherin. The people gathered around him should hate him, not try to befriend him and be nice to him!

He finally looked at said group of people and realized he was the center of attention. Luckily, he heard the sound of the concession cart being rolled down the aisle outside. "I'm going to get some food," he said.

He returned with twenty chocolate frogs. He sat down on the ground with his snack. "That's a lot of food," Lex commented from behind him. He nodded as he greedily devoured one. If he wasn't so hungry, he would be focusing more on how buying so much candy made him seem as if he just wanted to flaunt his wealth about.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed, jumping back in surprise. "Th-that just moved!"

"Well," he said with a rare smile, "there is a thing called magic." He glanced at the trading card from the first chocolate frog (he was on his second). The moving image of Albus Dumbledore looked back at him.

"Neat! Wizard pictures move too!"

He glanced at the other opened package. The trading card in that one was a duplicate of the one he currently had. He awkwardly held it out before Lex. "You can have it," he muttered, not quite sure how to give it to her.

"I can? Sweet!" She eagerly grabbed it out of his hands. "I can't wait to write home about this, and we've barely left the station!"

He focused on the pile. After a moment of hesitation, he grabbed one of the chocolate frogs and offered it to Lex. He didn't meet the other first year's eyes, instead staring at the candy scattered across the floor.

A minute later, he finally let himself look. She was in the middle of wiping chocolate off of her face, the frog nowhere to be found. Next to her was the trading card from her package. A closer look, and he saw Harry Potter.

"That's a rare one," he said. "They've only just started using him as a trading card this year."

She grinned. "Neat!"

He looked at the other people in the compartment. "You all can have some, if you want."
mage

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:03 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Casey
Casey and Harley looked at each other. They really have no idea, do they, thought Casey. Of course not, thought Harley right back, They're first years. Ever since Casey and Harley had been able to breathe, they seemed to have a telepathic connection. They could tell what the other was feeling just by looking at them. They had never been separated and could never be separated.

"So, where did you all come from?" asked Casey.
Will Solace IRL

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:26 am
View Likes
Desdemona says...

Elektra Medea Varicius

Medea smiled at the crowd waiting on King’s Cross station, waiting for trains going to the various parts of England. They would never know where one of these trains of theirs went to.

She took her trolley and faced the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Her cat, Andromeda, mewed at her. This stupid wall had been scaring her for the past 5 years. Medea simply responded by running breakneck speed into the wall, her cat needed to understand nothing would happen to her. For a fleeting second, she wished her parents were there, but they had way too much work to do.
Work, Medea thought, to keep our family wealthy and happy. She felt less upset from that moment onwards

Anyways, she got through and rolled her trolley to the locomotive, where two Slytherin boys were waiting for Slytherin passengers. She took the cage containing her cat and left the rest to them, asking them to load her luggage up in that one sweet voice she used on cute boys. Needless to say, they immediately started to bicker about who would take the luggage and Medea walked away with a smile into the train.

She walked all the way to the front compartment, not even stopping to acknowledge the adoring stares from boys here and there, and entered to find that the Head Boy of Slytherin was still absent or just tending to his Ravenclaw girlfriend. It didn’t matter; Medea would have them broken up in no time, not because she wanted him but because it was FUN.

In any case, the prefects walked in, she did the briefing on her own, and left them to patrol the corridors once the train started to move. She then took her cat, a beautiful snow white Persian, into her arms and started to walk around herself. She even allowed herself the pleasure of knocking on the Head Boy’s and the Ravenclaw’s compartment and waving at him as they made out. He actually waved back. Medea snickered as the girl started to yell. This was only the beginning of things.

She stopped at compartments, asked how people were doing, and even had a conversation with the Trolley Lady about confectionaries. She could be pretty damn charming when she wanted to, but most of the time she just did not.

She kept walking and found a very peculiar compartment indeed, with kids of all sorts of houses mingling together. There were twins, and even a DOG! Were dogs even in the Hogwarts pet code?

She hoisted her cat further up in her arms and opened the door, with a cute, but authoritarian smile on her lips.

Time to find out.
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:04 pm
Mageheart says...

Blake Croft:

"I'm from-" he began, but then the door to the compartment was pushed open. Before he saw who was about to enter, his heart skipped a beat. What if Angelus realized they were in there and had come back to that part of the train?

But it turned out to be someone else - Elektra Medea Varicius.

Blake had met her several times, the most recent being when the Varicius family had held a celebration for her becoming Head Girl. It hadn't come as a surprise. Elektra was smart, and had been chosen as the Slytherin prefect back in fifth year. Her parents, oddly enough, had left in the middle of the celebration. He had overhead his parents talking about hers having to go to work.

Despite attending the celebration, Blake hadn't ever exchanged more than a simple greeting with Elektra. Each time he was at some sort of Pureblood celebration, he brought along his copy of Dark Wizards Through the Ages. If he brought The Quibbler, he knew he would receive a harsh punishment from his parents for "embarrassing them". But that book, on the other, made him slip into the crowd. Besides, it was an interesting read. He enjoyed trying to figure out what made a dark wizard become what he or she was.

Elektra was smiling. Though it was meant to come off as cute, he could clearly see that she wanted to show she was in charge. After all, she was the Slytherin Head Girl. "Hello, Elektra," he said. He got to his feet, and looked her in the eye. Her eyes were blue today. "We were just sharing these chocolate frogs and introducing ourselves to one another. Care to join us?"

He glanced at Lex. Her brows were furrowed, and she pursed her lips as she thought. "Who are you?" she asked.

Before Elektra could speak, Blake said, "This is Elektra Medea Varicius. She is the Slytherin Head Girl, and is distantly related to me."

Lex grinned. Blake wondered if her cheeks ever hurt from all her smiling. "Cool! Nice to meet you, Elektra! I'm Alexandra Wakefield, but please call me Lex! I'm a Muggleborn, so all of this magic stuff is pretty new to me. And I don't know what house I want to be in yet!" Her kitten nudged her. "Oh, and this is Newt. He's named after Newt Scamander."

Spoiler! :
Hi, @Desdemona! Welcome to the roleplay! :D I'm sorry if you don't like the whole celebration thing mentioned earlier, and the comment about Elektra already being a prefect - if you want, I can change it.
mage

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:44 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Harley
Harley looked around the already packed compartment.

"Here, uh, Elektra," said Casey standing up, "You can sit here. My sister and I will move." Before anyone had a chance to say anything, Casey had grabbed ahold of Harley's arm and had dragged her out the compartment door.

"What was that for?" asked Harley, taking her arm back.

"I don't know," said Casey, "Something about the way the Croft boy said her name seemed, I don't know, unnatural? I wanted to get out of there before anything big happened." Harley nodded and gazed around.

"Where are we going to sit now?" Casey took her hand again and the two made their way up the isle.
Will Solace IRL

69 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:57 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Robin
Robin was at the climax of the book. It was getting so good! Then-

"Hey can we sit here?" Robin looked up to find two younger wizards standing in the doorway.

"Of course!" she said, sliding over to make room. The two came in and sat down, looking around a bit nervously.

"What's you names?" asked Robin, putting a bookmark in her book and setting it down.

"I'm Casey," said the boy, "And this is my sister Harley." Robin smiled and shook their hands.

"It's nice to meet you. My name is Robin. You are third years, yes?"
Will Solace IRL

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:24 am
View Likes
Desdemona says...

Intimidated people. Elektra loved nothing more than to see how uncomfortable she made some people. She smiled at the compartment, this was just a bunch of little kids sharing chocolate. How adorable!

In any case, someone had risen to greet her… That face was quite familiar but she just couldn’t place it. She knew he was at her parties often with his family…
She spotted a book on the couch, “Dark Wizards through the Ages”

Of course! He was that creepy boy who read that book in every single party she held! The Croft boy!

“Hello there, Blake!” she said with a smile as she ruffled the boy’s hair tenderly. “You start Hogwarts this year, huh? Congratulations!!”

She then stared around the compartment. She could see a set of twins clutching at eachother and staring at her like she was their boggart. She flashed her hair and her eyes to blood red very quickly while waving at them. They squealed, and immediately left the room under the pretext of letting her take her place.

Not to make them seem weird, she took their place briefly, took a chocolate frog with thanks, and then turned to the other kid. Medea thought she was a boy at first, but her limbs were way too elegantly formed and her hair looked way too soft. The girl-boy’s voice only confirmed her thoughts.

What a waste of fine bone structure… Medea thought, I hope she’s in Slytherin so I can make a girl out of her
“Hi there, Lex!” Medea said sweetly, “So you’re Muggleborn? Be prepared for lots of surprises!”

Unlike her other Slytherin friends, she did not resent Muggleborns. She found the entire idea that Muggleborns had stolen their power stupid because she actually understood how they got their powers. In her free time, she liked to read up on human biology and genetics because the wizards’ notion of the human body dovetailed completely from the original one; as all they had to do was swish a wand and saw a few words to reverse a disease, the wizards did not bother to understand the perfect machine that was the human body.

Medea sighed. Her dream was to become a legendary healer, like Dilys Derwent.

Anyways, Lex was saying something, what was it..? She was talking about Newt Scamander.

“Oh, great uncle Newton? We visit him sometimes, he’s super old but still very brilliant. I should talk to him about a Hogwarts visit.” Medea said quietly as she held onto her cat, and stroked her.

“This one is Andromeda.” She said.

She beamed at the sight of her amazed face. Another thing she loved to see.

She opened her chocolate frog and grinned. Newt Scamander’s charismatic younger face was staring back at her. She then handed the card to Lex after biting her frog’s head off. Both kids winced at the sight of this.

“I thought you might like this one.” She grinned.

Blake Croft’s eyes as she said these words were locked onto her, narrowed in contemplation. Of course, Blake knew her and her family, and probably didn’t understand why she was being so nice to a Muggleborn. Medea shrugged and got up.
“Well, thank you for the Frog! We’ll be getting to Hogwarts in an hour or so, so I suggest changing into your school robes right about now. Hope to see you kids in Slytherin, the best house!” she giggled and turned to leave the compartment, changing her hair to a lovely shade of turquoise with matching eyes as she did.

Spoiler! :
Magestorrow I liked the idea! I thought it was brilliant :) And thank you for the welcome. I always wanted to do a Hogwarts thing.
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:42 pm
Mageheart says...

Alexandra Wakefield:

Following Elektra's advice, they all quickly changed into their school robes. Blake still seemed disturbed over his relative. Lex still thought Elektra was pretty cool, but maybe Blake didn't like her because they were related. Her father didn't like her mother's side of the family that much, so it would make sense.

Blake was staring at her. She instinctively stuck her tongue out at him. He looked surprised by the gesture, and the confusion on his face became even more evident. Do wizard kids not do that? Weird. Guess I need to teach him about that! Tearing his eyes off of her, Blake began to pick up the empty chocolate frog containers. "You're not wearing the right uniform," he told her.

Panic gripped her heart. "Why?" she frantically questioned. "What's wrong with my uniform?!" She didn't see any difference. Hers looked exactly like Blake's, so wouldn't that mean his was the wrong one too?!

"That one is the male uniform," the boy who had entered their compartment earlier said. Though he was tall, he appeared to be their age.

She gave a sigh in relief. "That's it? Phew, I was worried it was something serious."

"You'll get in trouble," Blake informed her.

She grinned and shook her head. "Nope! I'm not going to. My family sorted it out with Headmistress McGonagall, and all of the teachers should know. If not, I can tell them!"

Spoiler! :
I just wanted everyone to know that Lex isn't going to be sorted in Hufflepuff anymore. She's going to be sorted into Slytherin, if that's alright with @NympheaLily.
mage

queer and here.

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman