z

Young Writers Society

The Truth Behind the Masks

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun May 22, 2016 6:58 pm
Mageheart says...

You love roleplaying. You feel a thrill when stepping into the shoes of someone else, and interacting with other roleplayers through their characters. But for reasons you don't understand, your escape from reality becomes your new reality.

Background:

Before the life changing day, you used to roleplay almost 24/7. If you worked, you would roleplay during your lunch breaks. If you went to school, you would roleplay in the halls during passing time. Your newest roleplay was set in a world called Truven. You were starting to became close to the other roleplayers through their characters, like usual. Some of the other roleplayers and you had done roleplays together.

You made the decision to stay up late and roleplay. When you finally went to bed, you felt strange. You foolishly ignored it. When you woke up the next day, you were no longer in your bed. You were in the body of your character.

Characters:

You need to create two separate character profiles: One for your character, and one for theirs. Put a capital R next to the character your character is roleplaying as. PM me if you have any questions regarding what species are acceptable. For the most part, any species you want should work.

Some of the following categories only apply to your character's character, so you can skip them if they don't apply to your character. Also, your character, and your character's character can be different genders.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Nicknames (Optional):[/b]

[b]Roleplayed By:[/b]

[b]Roleplaying Username: [/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History (Optional):[/b]

[b]Weapons:[/b]

[b]Magic (Optional):[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

Setting:

The story begins in the Misty Forest, which surrounds the farm town of Drey. There is no known paths through the Misty Forest. Monsters supposedly roam it once night
falls, and with its twisted trees and mist, it looks like something straight out of a horror movie.

Rules:

1.) All characters have to be able to die somehow, even if it's from something like Achilles' heel in Greek mythology.

2.) Be polite to the other members of the SB.

3.) All characters should have realistic powers, if any. Mary Sue can't have the power to destroy the world, for example.

4.) Use correct grammar and spelling.

5.) If you want to kill off a character, check with the character's creator.

6.) Sex is not allowed. Keep it T, please.

7.) Swearing is allowed.

8.) You can use whatever tense you want, along with first person or third person, as long as you use the same tense and point of view throughout the storybook.

9.) Some people have said before to not control other people's characters, but since we're all collaborating here, you have to do that to a certain degree. So here's a compromise: Be prepared for their creator to correct you if their character was out-of-character (OOC). Also, to avoid possible OOC characters, try to talk with their creators or wait until you know their character better before making them say anything.

10.) Have fun, of course! :D
Last edited by Mageheart on Tue May 24, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 24, 2016 10:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

JAMIE DALE

When she opened her eyes, she could see.

That should have been the first sign something had happened, but she was too busy marveling at the change that had occurred overnight. She didn't have her glasses. Those were on her nightstand. Her vision should have been incredibly blurry, but she could see the veins in the leaves above her as if she was looking into a microscope.

Wait...Leaves? She stared up at the branches moving in the gentle breeze with bewilderment clear on her face. The confusion quickly turned to terror when she glanced down.

She was sitting in a tree.

A scream filled the forest as she turned around and grasped the tree's trunk as if her life depended on it. She was going to fall, she was going to fall, she was going to fall-Her frantic thoughts ceased when she listened closely to the scream.

It wasn't her scream, surprisingly. It seemed to belong to a man. She couldn't see him - then again, she was staring down a piece of bark - but he had to be nearby from how loud it was. Incredibly loud, considering his scream had muffled her own.

She somehow managed to gain the courage to look away from the tree. Maybe the man could help her get down? Even after a good minute of searching, he was still nowhere to be found.

"...Hello?" she asked nervously. "Could you please help-" She paused. The man was still talking over her, strangely saying what she was at the exact same time. "Um...I'm sorry for asking, but why are you doing that?"

There was an uncomfortable silence. A terrible idea started to form in her head. Closing her eyes - she was too terrified to glance down - she started to yell random words at the top of her lungs. "Nitwit! Onomatopoeia! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"

And the man said the same thing.

Gulping, she opened her eyes and looked down. She didn't know why or how or what had happened, but there was no denying that she and the man were one and the same.

Once again, a scream filled the forest.
mage

queer and here.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue May 24, 2016 10:32 pm
View Likes
Amabilia says...

Havanna Gurth

Havi woke up. She didn't feel tired at all. Crap! My alarm didn't go off!
"Mom!" Havanna jumped up, and surprisingly, she wasn't in bed. Also, it hurt to stand on two legs. She layed back down and felt much better. She looked around and saw that she was in a cave.
This can't be right. This would be where Renee would live. Not me.
All of the sudden, a scream filled the air. Havi tried to get up, but couldn't. The scream was followed by yelling. It was a man's voice.She finally tried to go on all fours. It felt as if she had always lived on all fours. The yelling stopped, followed by another scream. She rushed out of the cave, into a forest. There was a tree nearby with an elf clutching the branch it was on. Havi cocked her head. Then she tried to talk to it.
"Who are you? My name is Ren-" Havanna stopped as she tried to say, "Havanna."
"Renee, Renee, Ren- Ug! I can't say it! How is this possible?" She sat down and howled from distress. Why am I howling? Havi thought. All of the sudden, a pack of wolves came running up to her. Havi screamed and backed away.
The wolves looked at each other questioningly. Why was their Alpha acting so strange?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 25, 2016 12:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

JAMIE DALE

She clung to the tree, terrified of the wolves swarming around its trunk. "You spoke!" she squeaked. "You're a wolf, and you spoke!"

Her voice was drowned out by the scream that left its mouth (jaw? muzzle? snout?) as the other wolves approached it.

"Uh..." She frantically glanced around for someone that could help the equally scared wolf. When she realized she was the only one who could help, she reluctantly pulled away from the tree. She closed her eyes tight.

And then she jumped.

A branch broke underneath her boots. She looked for some sort of weapon to scare them off with. That weapon proved to be a sword at her side. When she withdrew it from its plain leather sheath, she felt a strange sense of satisfaction.

It was an unadorned longsword, save for a word engraved into the blade. "Caliburn?" she questioned as she held it out.

Very slowly, she reached up with her free hand and touched her ear. It's pointy... Her guess was confirmed. Her gaze turned to the wolf cowering behind her. Earlier, hadn't it said its name was Reneé?

"TwilightDancer?" she managed to get out, nearly dropping Caliburn. "Th-that's you, isn't it? I-I'm The-TheDarkKnight7. My name is Ariken-" Her hand flew up to her mouth. Her eyes widened. "I'm Ariken! Ariken Hawk!" Why can't I say my name?!
mage

queer and here.

43 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 1:14 am
View Likes
Amabilia says...

"TheDarkKnight7!? But you're an elf! And I'm a-a wolf!"
Ariken started taking Caliburn out to protect Renee.
"Wait! My-my howl! It summons the rest of my pack, remember?" Renee blurt out. Ariken slowly put Caliburn away, still wary of the wolfs.
"Where are Ai and Tai?" Ariken asked. Renee shrugged, which looked more like a demented wolf push-up than a shrug. Her pack realized that there was no need for them to be there, so they left, never escaping Ari's gaze.
"Why are we here? Did you feel strange last night before bed? Was it some food or something? Poison? What is happening?" Renee was rambling from nervousness. She started shaking.
A cackle came from behind them. They turned around.
"Well, it's obvious what happened," Ailen said as she emerged from the brush.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed May 25, 2016 1:35 am
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

Alice Atwood

Alice woke up to sunlight hitting her face. That was strange. She usually tried not to sleep past eight, even on weekends.

Except it wasn't the weekend. It was Thursday.

Alice pushed herself upright and felt something shift under her hands. Groggily, she looked down. Leaves. And the sunlight on her face was sreaming through the branches of dead, creepy looking trees and a ton of fog. She was in somekind of misty forest.

Oh, sh-. What was going on? A kidnapping? Had she been drugged? Her body felt weird, like her limbs were somehow longer than they were supposed to be.

She looked down. Her legs were longer. She was wearing pants that were not her own, and leather boots. And at her hip... strings of brightly colored cloth. Like... like Aileen would have. But that couldn't be the case. Aileen wasn't real.

Still, Alice knew what to do. She had always promised herself this, after seeing idiots get killed in horror movies. Even if it's a dream, treat it like it's real, even though you don't believe it. Be polite to weird strangers, run if something tries to kill you. This was Alice's plan.

She didn't have time to plan much farther before a scream pierced the air. Alice's, or maybe Aileen's, head snapped up. The scream was soon followed by howling, like dogs, or maybe wolves.

Without really knowing what she was doing, Alice ran toward the sound. Be polite to weird strangers, right?

She nearly ran smack into the man and the wolves before skidding to a halt and ducking behind a bush. The man was yelling "Ariken", over and over again. Ariken? She supposed it made sense. If she was Aileen, she should know Ariken. Well, it was awkward to be Alice. Maybe she should just be Aileen. She couldn't help but chukle at the idea.

"Well, it's obvious what happened." She said as she stepped out of the brush, slipping easily into Aileen's sardonic tone. "First, you freaks need to calm down. Have either of you ever considered stopping to think things through?"

Now was as good a time as any to test her Aileen theory. A spell to calm animals, and sometimes humans, one of the few spells Aileen had ever mastered.

She pulled up her sleeve to reveal the circle tattooed onto her arm. It was a simple spell. She slapped a leaf over the circle and blew on it. Immediately, she started to feel a bit calmer. Of course, that could just be her imagination. She looked up to see if anyone else was feeling it. They were.

"That's much better. Perhaps you could call off the puppies Re?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 25, 2016 9:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

JAMIE DALE

Now that there was no threat, she felt safe slipping Caliburn back into its sheath. She had suddenly started feeling a lot calmer as well - a welcome relief from the terror of the events which had just unfolded.

With the appearance of Aileen, there was no denying that she was in the roleplay. But how? What do I know? She started to run through the information. As of right now, she couldn't say her real name, but was able to say her username. From the way TwilightDancer was shouting Renee, it appeared she (Or he. Ariken was a he, but Jamie was a she.) had the same problem. Aileen didn't seem half as terrified as she and TwilightDancer were, so could be possible that she was the actual character.

"A-Are you really Aileen?" she quietly asked. She definitely was acting like Aileen, unlike Jamie. No matter what she tried, she couldn't be brave like Ariken. It was one thing to pretend to be brave in writing, but another thing altogether when it came to being brave in real life. "I'm not Ariken, and she," She gestured at TwilightDancer, "isn't Renee."
mage

queer and here.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed May 25, 2016 11:01 am
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

Alice Atwood

"Obviously not. I remember my companions as being a bit smarter, a bit more level-headed, not freaking out at the sight of their own allies. But no, I'm not Aileen, though I don't suppose I could tell you who I really am. We can't say our names, right?"

The two of them both nodded.

"Alright. We know we're our characters. Obviously we must have our characters' same powers, because I can use magic, and Re can summon her wolves. And I suppose we should test something."

Alice picked up a nearby stick and cleared off a patch of ground. She tried to write "Alice" in the dirt, but it kept coming up as "Aileen." The others did the same, with no luck.

"So, we have no way to communicate our real names to each other, and we're stuck in our characters' bodies. We really have no choice but to become our characters."

Alice was starting to lose Aileen's cockiness a little. She tried to add a bit more sarcasm to her tone, afraid that if she lost her character she'd go back to being scared. "I have a feeling we're in the same world too. Misty Forest, right? We'll be safer in Drey, and more importantly, we might find the rest of our group."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 25, 2016 7:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

JAMIE DALE

"But I'm not Ariken!" she weakly protested. "We aren't alike in any way, shape, or literal form! I can't be him..." Tears started to slid down her cheeks at the unfairness or it all. She could never be Ariken. They had different personalities. And they were different genders!

If Ariken suddenly woke up as her, what would he do? He would freak out like me, she quickly decided. But, unlike Ariken, she had an idea of where she was. For once, she was better than her internet self. She wasn't hopeless. Though it would be easy to tell she wasn't him (he was so talkative, and she so quiet!), maybe she could attempt to pull it off? She knew him like the back of her hand.

I can do this.

Gulping, she nodded to herself. "I'm Ariken Hawk," she muttered softly. She took a deep breath. "My name is Ariken Hawk, and I'm epic when it comes to swords, especially my beloved sword Caliburn-"

Her face went pale. "I don't know how to polish a sword," she realized, "or even how to use it! How am I supposed to be good at using Caliburn when I haven't even used a nerf sword?!"
mage

queer and here.

43 Reviews

Fri May 27, 2016 2:23 pm
View Likes
Amabilia says...

"Hey, are you okay?" Reneé asked as she walked over to him. Ariken looked at her saddly.
"Yeah. I just don't understand this," he replied.
"Me neither, but look at this!" She held up her bow, "How in the world do I use this?!"
"I wish I knew how to use Caliburn," Ariken said "umly.
"Wait, maybe we do. Have you heard of muscle memory? If we're just in our charcater's bodies, maybe they have some muscle memory left for us!"
"Huh?"
"Have you ever even tried to use Caliburn?"
"Well, no..."
"Try it on that dead tree over there. Pretend it's someone attacking you!"
Ariken walked over to the tree and pulled Caliburn out. He swung it around like a baseball bat and hit the tree, but the swing had been wobbily, causing the flat part of the blade to hit the tree. Renee hung her head, starting to give up.
Then Arikn took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and got into form. Suddenly, his eyes opened, he let out a battle cry, and swung at the tree, jabbing it right where the heart of a human would be. The tree shuddered with the impact. Renee jumped up and came over to him, cheering. Ariken smile for a moment the said, "Your turn."
"What?"
"Go ahead."
Renee and Ariken walked back about a hundred feet. She readied an arrow, pulled the string back, and stilled her whole body. Whoosh, ping!
She let the string go. The arrow hit the part of the tree that Ariken had just stabbed.
"Very good."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 27, 2016 10:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

JAMIE DALE

A grin spread across her face. "I did it!" she exclaimed. "I-I was able to use Caliburn!" She swung the longsword around excitedly, making sure to stay a good couple of feet from the rest of the group. She would feel horrible if she accidentally killed Renee or Aileen.

She turned to the witch with an even bigger smile. "And you were able to shoot-"

She suddenly fell silent, and her smile quickly faded. Renee, Aileen, and Jamie all locked eyes. Each one had heard the noise. A pitiful whimper left Jamie's lips, along with a very noticeable gulp. She had been too focused on everything that had occurred to notice the sun had just set. The trees look as if they had some demonic intent (most likely to kill the trio) as they towered above her, and the mist added to the feeling of being in the middle of a horror movie.

"Monsters supposedly roam the forest when night falls," Renee quietly stated.

"We're going to die," Jamie realized, eyes widening in horror.

"We can fend for ourselves," Aileen reminded her. But the tone of her voice revealed to the other two that she was just as scared as the rest of them. "If a monster attacks us, we can kill it."

"I can't!" she shouted. It didn't occur to her other monsters might hear her if she yelled at the top of her lungs. "How can I take a life away?! That's just wrong!"

"Hey, isn't that a little cocky?" At the sound of the sudden voice, the three of them all screamed. Any thought of grabbing their weapons was forgotten. "I could probably kill all of you in my sleep, but you don't hear me talking about your hypothetical deaths."

The woman who had suddenly appeared before them seemed to be in her early twenties, around the same age as Ariken. She watched them with one gold and one purple eye, and her arms were crossed as she did so. "Of course, I wouldn't actually kill you, but you get the point." She took a bite out of something Jamie had failed to notice earlier. Upon closer inspection, it proved to be a slice of pie. "You want some?" she questioned. She held it out. When no one spoke, she took another bite with a shrug. "More for me, I guess!" Jamie was shocked to see her devour the rest of it in one large gulp.

"Who are you?" Aileen asked. Jamie was amazed at her fast she could regain her cool. While Aileen was calmly questioning the strange woman, Jamie was trying to not pee her pants.

The woman wiped the crumbs away with her sleeve. "Good thing Kardia isn't here. She's so picky when it comes to formality and manner stuff." She put her hand on her chest. "The name's Anima. Class: Proelio. Realm: Darkness. Younger sister to Kardia. Class: Proelio. Realm: Light." When she saw their confused expressions, she sighed. "My name is Anima, I'm a battle god, and my powers are darkness. My older sister Kardia is also a battle god, and controls light."

"We never created that," Jamie blurted out. Her face turned red when Anima stared at her.

The stare stopped when Anima suddenly snapped her fingers. "Oh, almost forgot! My sister said she brought you all here - whatever that means - so we're supposed to meet her in Drey."
Last edited by Mageheart on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mage

queer and here.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat May 28, 2016 2:46 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Love Letters

A scream filled my slumbering mind, shattering my dream into terror and light.

My eyes flew open, my vision blurred a bit by my addled head. The first thing to register was sunlight, and I screwed my eyes shut, groaning. Maybe roleplaying past midnight wasn’t the best idea I’d ever had. I’d have to stumble at lightspeed just to make it out of my room on time for school.

But what came into focus was not my room. Trees were all around, rough-barked, with shifting green boughs. Thick mist coated the ground, seeming impenetrable in all directions.

My breath caught, and my hands shot to my bed mattress, which of course it wasn’t. I was lying in the crook of a tree branch, lifted twenty feet off the ground.

I felt a scream of my own surging up from my chest. My soul fought back, forcing it down. Impulsively, I bit down on the tip of my tongue.

Pain immediately shredded through my entire body. My spine felt like it was ripping in all different directions, and I spasmed, writhing on the tree branch. Trying to contain the agony, I clutched my bare shoulders, hissing softly.

But then I stopped. Where smooth skin should’ve been, dry paper brushed beneath my fingertips.

Scrambling back against the tree trunk, I felt myself up in a panic. My clothes, once leather and denim, were now light silk and cotton. A kimono shirt and long red trousers covered my slim body. A shrine dress. I had woken up in a tree, in a shrine dress.

Raising my hands back up to look at them, I realized that they were a pure white, devoid of pigment. Mystified, I rubbed two fingers together, and they made a dry whisper, like rustling papyrus.

No. There was no “like” to compare for. My body was made entirely of paper. And that could only mean…

I sighed, slumping back against the trunk. I didn’t know how, I didn’t know why, but overnight, I’d transformed. Into my RP character, of all things.

“It’s kind of silly,” I said, then clapped both hands over my mouth. My voice had transformed as well, going from terrifying to...well, cute. I’m not sure how cute a male voice can be, or if I’m even allowed to judge that, but it sounded like the whispers of snowfall on a chilled winter night.

I shook my head, hunching over on the branch. Of course I wasn’t my old self anymore. Most people would be a bit more terrified under these circumstances, but I was glad of the change. My name was a new one now.

“Lovelock Letters.” I let the name roll off of my tongue into the calm forest air. It was a fun, whimsical little title. And now, it was me. I was Love. At long last, the demon was sealed.

I smiled, reaching into the folds of my dress. The brush was there as it would be for Love, its tip wet with magical ink. Rolling up my sleeve, I stared at my arm.

My thoughts snagged on some nail of logic, a remnant of my old self. Was I sure this would work? Sure, crossdressing and paper-flesh were...somewhat plausible, but magic was still a far cry from reality.

I stood up, shrugging lightly. Then again, the day had been crazy enough already. There was no reason it couldn’t get crazier.

I set my brush to the script, tattooing the ink onto my arm with neat strokes. Soon, I’d spelled out a word, feeling the enchantment soak into my skin.

Flat. I shivered as the word brushed through my mind. My arms suddenly bulged violently, nearly bursting from the sleeve. I quickly disrobed from the shirt, letting it hang from my waist as my chest expanded as well. My body ballooned outwards at an alarming rate; then it deflated sharply, flattening completely into a single, enormous sheet of Love.

The form itself was rather easy to accept. My hands and feet were little flaps at the corners of my body, my robes stretching to fit my new shape. Moving sideways, I had to hold onto the tree for support as my midsection wobbled. It was exactly how I’d imagined it.

I felt the misty wind pushing against my back, yearning to spirit me away like some great magical kite. I accepted it, and fell forward onto the blanket of wind.

It caught beneath my paper body, whisking me through the mystical forest. Swerving and looping between the trees, I grinned. The demon was now sealed, and my true life was about to begin.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

43 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2016 9:33 pm
View Likes
Amabilia says...

Havanna Gurth

Renne felt like she was a switch of questions being flipped on, "Wait, what? How did she-? Wha-? Whe-?" Anima looked at her impatiently, "Sorry, sorry! Where are the others? How did your sister bring us here?"
"She used an ancient spell. I can show you the way to the others," Anima started walking away.
Renee, Ariken, and Aileen looked at eachother. Do we trust her?
This question was answered when Aileen took the chance, and followed her. Renee walked after her, too, then Ariken slowly started walking.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 31, 2016 12:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

ANIMA PROELIO

"She used an ancient spell." Ancient just like her. "I can show you the way to the others."

And the award for the day's biggest liar went to Anima. She didn't even know how to get out of the Misty Forest and to Drey, much less know where the rest of their group was. She casually glanced over her shoulder at said group. It was an odd one, that was for sure. A werewolf, an elf, and a witch.

That sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.

She hated being the younger sister. She hated being Kardia's sister, period. Maybe there had been one point in time when she had loved Kardia, but their parents's deaths had been the end to any chance of that.

"Who are we heading towards first?" the witch questioned from behind her. Anima froze, causing the group to bump into her.

"Uh...The human," Anima vaguely said. With their odd group, there had to be at least one human.

A quiet voice piped up from behind her - it was the elf's. "We're going to find Ashla, then."

She didn't deny or verify what the elf had said, but the others seemed to believe they were off to meet this Ashla person. "So," she began. She hoped her question would take their minds off of their supposed meeting with Ashla. "what are your names? I've totally forgotten." More like Kardia didn't tell me anything that could possibly be consider important.

"My name is Aileen Evilian," the witch introduced herself. All she needs is a hairflip, and she'll come off as high and mighty. Bet she and Kardia would be besties.

The werewolf was the next to speak. "I'm Renee Wolf." And that sure is repetitive name for a werewolf.

The elf looked like a deer caught in headlights when she looked back at him. His voice was more like a squeak than anything else. "Ariken Ha-" he started. He spoke so fast that Anima almost missed hearing what he said. But then he took a deep breath and straightened his back. As a final touch, he puffed out his chest. "The name's Ariken Hawk. Adventurer extraordinaire, and amatuer healer." Nice acting, kid, if it wasn't for the fact that you almost peed your pants before you started bragging.
Last edited by Mageheart on Tue May 31, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mage

queer and here.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue May 31, 2016 1:27 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Kaya Ninfu

Mist stuck in my head as I sat up, gazing drowsily around at the unfamiliar world. The mist was inside me and all around me, stretching as far as the eye couldn't see through the forest.

Something clicked in my mind just then, and I whirled around. I had been resting against the roots of an oak tree, the craggy boughs looming over me. Where was my bed?

Panic plummeted into my heart, and I shot to my feet. As I did, I felt my turquoise wings snap out in shock. Wings. Why did I have wings!?

I barely resisted the urge to scream, out of fear that something even worse would happen if I did. Covering my mouth, I backed up against another tree and sank to the ground.

This isn’t happening. It can’t be happening. It wouldn’t be happening! My fingers twisted the silk of my dress. It was flowy and aqua-colored, as smooth as the sea’s rhythm, and terribly, terribly familiar.

My breath caught, and I closed my eyes. I was wearing a blue dress, with green wings, in a strange and mist-bound world...

It’s just like Truven.

My eyes flew open, tearing up in panic. Impossible, impossible, impossible, impossible… This world, this form, this everything was exactly like, of all things, my roleplay. But that was impossible, because I’d just gone to bed after roleplaying last night, and yet it had to be real, because it was all so terrifying!

Releasing a shaky breath, I gripped my head, trembling. The mist had begun to swirl around me, the fog whispering torments into my ears. Trapped...alone...helpless! Where was my family? My friends? Anyone? The mist just whirled and whirled, stirring the leaves into an uproar.

Stop it...this isn’t real! I shook my head side to side, pinching myself frantically to wake up. It’s a dream! It’s a nightmare! It’s a hallucination, please! The wind was howling now, and mist poured into the chaotic sky.

I writhed at the base of the tree, fear ripping through my body. No, it wasn’t my body, my body was Kaya, and I wasn’t her, I was….

My name was Taifu Ninfu, and I was the deity of hurricanes.

The terror pent up inside of me finally broke, and I screamed, and the hurricane winds screamed with me. Trees were ripped out of the ground, the branches shredded to wood shrapnel. The giant storm surged around me, wreaking devastation upon the unfamiliar, strange world.

“Help me,” I whispered, hopelessly alone in the eye of the hurricane.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron