z

Young Writers Society

Peculiarities: A fantasy storybook

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Mon May 16, 2016 11:37 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

I was thinking of creating a storybook about kids with peculiar abilities much like 'Miss Peregrines Peculiar Children', but slightly different. They all live in the modern world and they are ages 5-19. Let the creativity be released!

A few restrictions though:
No cursing
You may have a love life if you want
No inapro pro suff
Have fun

A little more about the setting. The setting at the moment is in "Miss Willow's Home for Forgotten and Abandoned Children." However, this was just a cover. It is actually a home for peculiar children and it is magic so that the building appeared small, but there were over two thousand rooms, one per child.
Last edited by NympheaLily on Mon May 23, 2016 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will Solace IRL

69 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2016 3:57 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
Raven woke up to her bland room in "Miss Willow's Home for Forgotten and Abandoned Children." Her room was a very dark room with no sign of color at all. She honestly liked it, the black walls, black bed, and black furniture. Yes, she had her own room and yes it was personalized. All of the rooms were. See, this was a magic place for children with weird abilities. It was for children like Raven.

She smiled to herself and rose out of bed. Raven was a dark child who most everyone was afraid of. She walked to the far side of the room and threw open her closet. Black dresses, tights, and shoes were lined up neatly in straight rows. All the same, all in order. Just like she liked it.
Last edited by NympheaLily on Mon May 23, 2016 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon May 23, 2016 3:06 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

Ester Bishop woke to her brilliant room. It was large and light pink with pretty yellow pillows, rugs and other little things. It was so large, that, in fact, it had plenty of space for all of her animals that she loved dearly.
Ester got out of bed and opened her curtains. She then walked over to her animals and fed them and talked among them, smiling the whole time.
After getting dressed into a tidi green shirt, jean shorts and sneakers, she left the room with her very best friend, Nix, her lion.
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?

69 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2016 10:40 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
Raven walked out of her room, an expression of pure boredom on her face. She passed all of the other kid's rooms on her way to the main room for breakfast. As she walked into the room, she saw a girl with pigtails running down from the opposite staircase. Her nose crinkled. Ugh.
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 12:39 am
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

Ester jumped to the bottom of the staircase and then trotted over to the breakfast line, grabbing a plate and moving, slowly, along. Once she had finally grabbed some eggs, sausage, and a juice box, she walked to a table and sat down happily.

69 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 3:17 am
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
Raven came down her side of the staircase, watching the girl through narrowed eyes. She got her breakfast and sat down at the table opposite her. No one joined Raven at this table, she was too scary. Being alone didn't bother her, but sometimes she wished, for a small friend.

As Raven was thinking these thoughts, she subconsciously raised a small, skeletal cat from the earth. It was obviously a kitten and it was maybe a wild cat, judging by the bone structure. Maybe a saber tooth or a tiger. Raven looked at it, it's dark eye sockets staring back. It's... cute?, she thought, tilting her head a little. She'd never used the word 'cute' before.

The kitten jumped onto her lap and curled up, starting to purr. Raven's mouth twitched in t he startings of a smile. The first time she'd done in five years, in fact, the first time she'd done in forever. She touched it's rigid back gently and it purred even louder.

"Siwang," she said to herself, thinking back to where she grew up, on the edge of China, "I'll call you Siwang."
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 12:39 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

Ester was halfway through her breakfast when she saw something crazy. She saw Raven raise some sort of kitten, from the dead. She stared in disbelief as the kitten jumped into this girl's lap and purred, thanking her for giving it another chance. The girl pet the kitten and ignored it's questions and thank yous. Ester got up to ask why she would do such a thing until she remembered. She was the only one who could talk to animals. Even so, she picked up her breakfast trey and walked to the almost empty table.
"Hi." She smiled, sitting down next to the girl and kitten. "I'm Ester, what's your names?"

69 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 2:59 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
Raven looked up to find the girl with pigtails standing over her.

"Raven," she said coldly, holding Siwang to her chest. She couldn't raise live animals of course, but the remains of them, she could. The girl smiled.

"And your cat?" she asked.

"Siwang," said Raven.
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 3:30 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

Ester smiled but on the inside she felt unhappy. Sort of...sad for this girl. It seemed that she didn't have any friends and that she wasn't very happy. Ester remembered a time when she was like that. She had been born in a small town on an island but there was a sunami and everyone in her town had died-except for her. She had always talked to animals, even at a young age and a rather large bird friend, an eagle, had picked her up and flown her to safe land where she had lived in hiding until she heard about this home from the animals she lived with. She made the journey and arrived at the Mrs. Willow's home when she was very young and had been raised here ever since. As a baby, she hadn't felt normal with animals raising her and she didn't want Raven to feel like she didn't feel normal growing up the way she was. Ester was going to change that.

She sat next to Raven and her bone kitten. "I like that name!" She set her trey on the table and pet the little bone kitten. "He says thank you for raising him from the ground." She paused and added, "He says he will be very loyal to you since you rose him."

69 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 7:41 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
She looked down at the tiny kitten sleeping in her lap.

"Well," she said. Ester looked up at Raven with a kind of... pity? Raven hated pity, especially towards her.

"Where did you find a name like Siwang?" asked Ester.

"I grew up on the edge of China," replied Raven, "Siwang means death."
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 8:06 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

"In China?" Ester asked excitedly, "That's so cool! What was it like there?" She didn't reply about the death part, not wanting to say anything wrong. She rubbed the little kittens head and smiled.

69 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 4:41 am
NympheaLily says...

Raven
"Yes," Raven said, "China." Raven held the skeleton cat to her chest protectively. It was the closest she had to a friend and she definitely didn't want anyone to take her.

"And, Siwang is a she."
Will Solace IRL

69 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 4:47 am
NympheaLily says...

Raven
"And I don't remember much about China," she said, "But I am fluent in Chinese." Raven's black eyes stared straight into the eyes of Ester. Ester fidgeted, a little uncomfortable.
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 25, 2016 10:39 am
Mageheart says...

Nero Sapienti:

He regarded the sign with a pair of tired dark brown eyes, taking in the name of the building before him. "Miss Willow's Home for Abandoned and Forgotten Children," he read underneath his breath. He had been on the run for quite some time now, and settling down in what was basically an orphanage wasn't an appealing option. But his body was saying otherwise. His last meal had been several days ago, and he hadn't slept on a bed in over a year.

Of course, if he entered this establishment, he knew they were going to contact his mother. They would find out her phone number or website, and then he would have to return to the life he had desperately wanted to escape.

Ducking into the shadows of a nearby tree, the change begun. His black hair grew longer and became lighter and lighter until it turned completely blond and shoulder-length. His brown eyes lightened to a sky blue. A dash of freckles appeared. His clothes became just a bit bigger on him. Become taller would cause them to rip, and he didn't want to feel uncomfortable.

He took off his hoodie. Underneath it was a plain blue t-shirt. He wrapped the hoodie around his waist, tying the sleeves together as a finishing touch.

A different boy walked out of the tree's shadow and made his way towards the door of Miss Willow's Home for Abandoned and Forgotten Children. He knocked. "Hello?" he questioned optimistically, slipping into the role of an orphaned teenager. "I'm Alex Bailey. M-My mom and d-dad died." He put every ounce of emotion into the last statement. If it didn't have enough, they would see right through him. To add to his story, he let a couple of tears slide down his cheeks. "I-I don't live in this country," he lied. He was grateful for his ability to pull off a convincing British accent. "We were vi-visiting, and they di-died in a car c-crash. I don't have a place to stay...Could you please let me live here until I-I can get back home?"

Now all he could do was wait.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 2:02 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
Raven heard a knock at the door and some muffled speaking on the other side. She slid out of her seat and went to open the door. When she did, she saw a blond boy standing on the other side, with tears sliding down his face.

"P-please, I need a home," he said. Raven's eyes narrowed and she studied the kid. This was obviously a shapeshifter. She knew how to tell one from the other. They always had a slight irregularity in their anatomy. For instance, this boy had a small tremble in his left hand.

"Oh please," she said, "Get back into your regular form, shape shifter, and come inside." Her dark eyes bored straight into the boy's, making him a little uncomfortable.

"Now," she said.
Will Solace IRL

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp