z

Young Writers Society

Hushings

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri May 13, 2016 1:45 am
Eternity says...

You're abandoned. Where? Who knows.
You're surrounded. By who? The captured.
You're silenced. Why? Hush.

--

Hushed
In the late 1900's to early 2000's, there's an outbreak. An outbreak of some sort stopping everyone from thinking normally. You're silenced and nobody can figure out why. There's those few exceptions though. Some people weren't effected and they're trying to figure their way out of this. There's no way out. Is what they thought. But there's always something.

Your job is to find those whom aren't "hushed" and figure the solution out before it's too late. When the time hits the strike, all hushed will become dead but they'll rise once more as the undead. They aren't zombies, but they aren't human any longer.

Hurry before time runs out.

--
Character Format:
Code: Select all
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Hushed or Non-Effected?:[/b]
[b]UFR?:[/b]

--
Character List:
Caden Je (Eternity)

--
Rules:
1. No god-modding or power playing. [Don't play other people's characters unless they give the okay]
2. No major plot twists.
3. Please stay active (when possible).
4. Think somewhat realistically. [Yes, I know there are "zombie-type creatures" but besides that, no aliens or intergalactic/mythical creatures]
5. Swearing is allowed but please don't use excessive cussing throughout your post.
6. Graphic detail is allowed.
7. Have fun!
--

A/N: Hello, Eternity here with yet another storybook! I'm quite excited for this one though. I hope you all have fun with it too. Let me know on the DT if you have any questions. I'll try my best to clarify.

First clarification: Being "hushed" means you're basically a stimulant of a human with no control over your brain or actions. The government controls you now. The world has fallen because of the hushed, but the un-effected may be able to help.

82 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 3:09 pm
Eternity says...

Caden Je

There is nothing more creepy than a person with emotions that don't match the situation. They consistently look happy when others are in pain. They are unable to truly look sad when others have a trauma to relate. Those people are feeling an inner surge of pleasure when others hurt.

That's how Caden is. He doesn't feel for people when in pain. A little conceited in a way, you learn to surpass his creepy way of life. Though, nobody understands him. He wasn't one of the hushed and he knew it was his job to help save them before the end of the world was near.

In this situation, you think you're the only one. You can't think, "Oh, there's others like me." So he left it up to himself to help. Little did he know, there were more people.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon May 16, 2016 4:40 pm
Gymnast2801 says...

Elanore Sanders

She was just a normal girl. Just a normal girl with a normal life, that is, until all of this happened. It was odd for her at first. Like she had become an outcast and no one would talk to her. Not even her parents. She finally set out with her dog, Hunter, to find someone like her. Someone...who could talk.

"Hunter!" Elernore called as her border collie mix ran through an abandoned suer. She followed, listening to the click of her dog's claws on the hard material until finally, they stopped.
"Hunter!" She felt the dogs warm fur and hugged him, putting him back on the leash but then she heard something else. The footsteps of someone, cold and echoing in the darkness. She clamped her jaws shut, realizing how dangerous this was. Eleanore waited until the human was right in front of her and she could feel its breath on her forehead.
"Who are you?" A male's voice asked, suprised and rough.
"I-I'm Elenore." She replied and that's when she realized, she had found someone like her.
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?

82 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 5:56 pm
Eternity says...

Caden Je

Caden heard the sound of the patters of claws. He paused at the sight of a small border collie. He grinned and then met eyes with a girl.
"Who are you?" Caden asked, nearly demanding. He didn't mean to sound rude but he wasn't used to normal people. It could be a hushed.
"I-I'm Elenore." She replied.

Caden stared at her and he had the sudden urge to hug her. Finally, he wasn't alone. But he didn't. That's weird, you fool. He examined her carefully. "I'm Caden." He smiled gently, not wanting to seem harmful.

95 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 6:10 pm
Gymnast2801 says...

Elenore Sanders

She smiled back, looking over Caden. He seemed well muculed and very handsome, his eyes kind but inquisitive. Sweet yet defensive.
"Are...are you not hushed?" She stammered, excitement and curiosity edging her voice and making it high. Could this be true? Had she really found someone who could think for them self?
Hunter barked and jumped up to Caden, licking his face with his slobbery toung. Elenore grabbed him and make his sit quietly.

82 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 7:49 pm
Eternity says...

Caden Je

Caden shook his head, "I'm not. I suppose you aren't either." He knelt down, pressing his hand against the collie's head, petting him gently. "Hey little buddy." He smiled.

95 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 8:00 pm
Gymnast2801 says...

Elenore Sanders

She watched Caden, wanting to hear him talk more. It had been a whole month since she had heard anyone other than herself, say one word. Hunter's barks where comforting but they weren't the same.
"That my dog, Hunter." Elenore smiled, "He seems to like you which is odd. Normally he's very aggressive towards new people."
Hunter rolled onto his stomach so that Caden could rub him there.

82 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm
Eternity says...

Caden Je

Caden looked at the dog--Hunter--and rubbed his belly. He let out a small chuckle. "I've always had a strong relationship with animals. My old pals used to call be the whisperer of all. Doesn't work with those damn guards." He muttered. He looked at Elenore again, searching her face. He gave a gentle smile once more and looked away, fighting the rosy blush urging to plaster itself on his cheeks. She was very pretty. Stop romanticizing, Je.

95 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 8:36 pm
Gymnast2801 says...

Elenore Sanders

Elenore watched Caden and her dog and smiled. Then, when Caden looked up at her, she blushed and started talking. "I'm pretty good with animals too but yes, those guards are tricky." A wonderful but scary thought came to Elenore's mind. "Caden, I know that I've only just met you but I feel like we already have known each other since we can, well, talk. I was just thinking, what if you and I attempted to break into head quarters and somehow help the hushed?" She began thinking of what would need to be done, how they would do it, and, above all, if it was possible to find more people like she and Caden.

82 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 8:45 pm
Eternity says...

Caden Je

Caden looked up at Elenore, furrowing his brows. "Break in?" He shook his head, "Elenore, it's near to impossible and we can be killed if caught in the act."

He had too much doubt and he sat down, leaning against the wall.

95 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 pm
Gymnast2801 says...

Elenore Sanders

She also sat down and Hunter lay his head on her feet and his hid legs on Caden, withso connecting them.
"Well," Elenore started, "It would be hard at any time but, what if we traveled for, maybe a week. In that time, we can try to find more people like us. We can form an arm and fight back, against the govorment! We...we could free people." She became silent, thinking of her family that had been trapped in the brain-shaking computer signals. The hardest thing she had ever done, was leaving them to find safety for herself and Hunter.

82 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 8:56 pm
Eternity says...

Caden Je

Caden sighed, "It's too risky. Besides, neither of us are fit for that. We've been running for too long. We need food. In search of anything is hard though because everything is barricaded."

Caden closed his eyes, hanging his head low. He knew the ways of a homeless human. Being one for many months helped his knowledge.

95 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2016 1:06 am
Gymnast2801 says...

Elenore

"That's all true but..." She looked at the ground, "I guess it would be worth a try, right?" She rubbed Hunter's head, "We will probably end up dying anyway so why not die with a fight?"

82 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2016 6:44 pm
Eternity says...

Caden

Caden huffed, "You're one tough girl, Elenore." he meant it in a way that she doesnt stand down. Caden shook his head, "I don't know... Maybe."

Caden whistled fairly loud and waited for a moment, listening for any sound.

95 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2016 6:55 pm
Gymnast2801 says...

Elenore

"Thank you." She smiled a little bit and blushed. She then listened to Caden whistle and then waited. Waited for the govorment to jump oppon the noise and capture her, Caden and Hunter. But the only noise she heard was that of a truck driving by.

Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy