Escape

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue May 03, 2016 11:12 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

Escape

Summary

You're kidnapped. Now what? Nothing. You are unable to do anything, because there's no way to. To ensure you're under control, the J's implant a chip within your brain that makes you forget everything. However, sometimes, that chip breaks. A group of teens work together to find a way out, but they find it's nearly impossible. If that wasn't bad enough, they have to be good at acting. Each morning, the cells are unlocked for all prisoners (soldiers) to eat and socialize. After about thirty minutes, they each report to a line of five rooms. Each soldier will find the room their assigned to and one by one they'll go in as individuals. The rooms stimulate the prisoners worst fears. It's only a matter of time before everyone knows what the J's plan is.

Setting: London, England | 2000

--
If you have any questions, ask on the DT
--

Character Baseline (Make sure to include these when making your characters):
Spoiler! :
Fears:
Appearance:
Ethnicity/Race:
Personality:
History:
Other:

--

82 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 11:50 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

Lilah

Lilah awoke with a painful aroma of stinging in her shoulders and neck. She reached up, gently rubbing her temples. Any movement made her muscles ache, but she fought against her weak ability.

"Hello?" Lilah croaked, barely being able to speak. Her head whirled and her throat stung like bees constantly piercing through her skin. She opened my eyes slowly, looking at her surroundings. The walls were made of cement and there were bars at the front of the cell. Where am I? The crisp air was cold and stale, making it hard to breathe. Lilah tried to look around even more, but her muscles were just too tight.

She tried again, this time even louder, "Hello?" She took a sharp inhale, managing to push herself from the ground.

"Hush." a male's voice filled the room. Lilah looked over to bars on her right, and a male figure lying on the other side.

"W-Where am I?" She whispered.

"I cannot say. I, myself, do not know. Now go back to sleep." he spat.

"I'm not tired," Lilah growled, "Someone's got a bug up their--"

He whipped his head around, cutting me off, “Excuse me?!”

Lilah crawled over to the bars that he lay on the other side of. “What’s your name?”

“Shhh.” he whispered, ignoring her. She rolled my eyes in disgust. Rude.

She sighed, “Fine, never mind.” She crawled next to the cell door, and rested against the wall. Lilah closed my eyes, shivering in the cold breeze. She looked around once more, her head whirling. Things didn’t seem right. She just curled up, waiting for something to happen.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu May 05, 2016 2:15 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Maxwell Chen

He woke to sweat dripping down his neck and soaking into the cotton threads of his shirt. He didn’t scream; the contents of his night terror had stolen his breath and replaced it with a cold emptiness inside his lungs. Another shiver clawed at his spine.

His heart thumped. His head throbbed. The silence lingered, all but the noises of the boy’s quiet gasps smothered.

Every inch of his skin tingled in memory of the fingers tearing at his flesh. The night horror lingered, every detail etched into his brain. He recalled hundreds of hands that gripped his arms and pinned him to the ground. It felt terribly cold against his bare back.

Then there was the needle that pierced his neck, triggering the dull throbs that drummed against his skull. He still felt them now, as he lay still against the concrete ground.

The intensity of the memory drifted and faded after a moment or so, leaving the shivering boy alone in the dimness of his surroundings. His fingers twitched and acted as a warning to the rest of his body that he would move soon. Its response was a groan and an ache that radiated from his muscles and brought a twisting sensation to his stomach.

Yet true to his word, the boy placed his palms on the ground and shoved himself to a sitting position. He could almost hear the whine of his sore muscles as they stretched and pushed him to his feet.

The room around him was simple and dull, filled to the brim and drowning in all shades of gray. The cement bricks that stacked up the walls almost bordered on white, but with the dimness sucked away their light spirits. Across from him were a set of iron bars, each only inches apart. (He doubted even his hand could even fit between them.)

He paced forward, testing out his legs as if he hadn’t walked in years. The bars felt cold and slick under his clammy hands, but they held firm as he pressed against them. Of course there would be nothing. Someone wouldn’t go through all the trouble to put him here – with no recollection of anything – just to let him escape again.

He peered through the bars, his gaze attempting to slice through the thickness of the dark. Small mounds of darkness revealed themselves behind other bars, but he had no way of knowing how many others there were. If they were even other people at all.

He pressed his lips into a fine line and whirled around, finding himself back in his own cell.

He wished it bothered him more that he didn’t have memories.

A long sigh escaped his lips and his feet began a simple march around the tiny room, pacing the outside perimeter until his legs shook from the effort. Only then did he allow himself to collapse on the ground and stare up at the dark gray ceiling that loomed over him.

“Hello?”

The tentative, hoarse voice managed to split the quiet around him, silencing the ringing that began in his ears. His head perked up and his eyes began to scan the mounds in his field of view. A small figure pushed herself from the ground in a cell neighboring his.

She tried again. “Hello?

“Hush” was his response. He eyed her from his position on the ground, though he couldn’t see much of her appearance.

“Where am I?” she asked, lessening her tone and letting the words glide into the relative quiet. He suddenly wished for the absolute silence again.

“I cannot say,” he said again. “I don’t know myself.” He paused before adding, “Now go back to sleep.”

“I’m not tired,” she retorted, muttering something else under her breath. The boy sighed and turned his head back to the ceiling. There was only a brief moment before the girl spoke again. “What’s your name?”

He didn’t think much before shushing her again. But the question spurred his own mind into action. What was his name? A stream of thoughts pushed their way into his brain, some more panicked than others. Just a moment later, though, he remembered that it was Maxwell.

Or, was it that he decided that’s what his name would be? It wasn’t like he could remember much else about himself.

He sighed an audible sigh and allowed his mind to wander. It wandered to the other mounds and asked if any others were awake yet. Or if others had awoken before only to be whisked away. It speculated about what this might be and who he might be and what any of this was for.

He wasn’t sure how long it went on until a loud click of boots against cement rammed into his ears.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

82 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2016 2:37 am
View Likes
Eternity says...

Bradley Wolfe

Dizziness. That's the only feeling he knew ever since a needle pieced the side of his neck.

Cold, stale air filled his lungs as he heaved for just one more breath before letting out a shaky exhale. In the distance, he faintly heard a female calling out for help and the low muffles of screams down the halls. He refused to even come close to opening his eyes. Although it was dark already, it stung like the brightest light.

At that moment, all he wanted to do was scream and call for help but what was the point? There was no point at all.

Bradley knew he was trapped, whether he wanted to be or not. His mind was blank. He didn't think much of anything.

Just silence.

"What's your name?" People asked around him.

Names...? Bradley was fairly confused, but he still managed to think of the name Scandal. Even though that may have not been his name, he liked it.

Scandal... He repeated in his head. I like that.

-

Dimetri Cabral

Dimetri ran his hands through his hair roughly, searching for answers in his brain, but he found nothing. No explanation for where he is, no information about this cell, and worst of all, nothing about himself. Very faintly would something start to come back, but soon his mind was left blank and it was like he was a new person.

He was already standing, pacing through the darkness. Some may have said the jail was cold, but he was sweating. His lungs inflated and deflated rapidly as a panic attack rose over his body. Tears welled in his eyes, but he wiped them away, knowing it wasn't the time to cry.

He walked over to the cell door where he gripped the bars and tried to shake them viciously, but they didn't budge.

"Where are we?" He screamed. "Who are we?!"

He saddened more and more as no answer was given. Perfect...Just grand.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri May 06, 2016 5:37 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Alex

Alex let out a grown as sat up holding his head. This had to be the worst headache he's had since.....since....Why can't I remember? he thought to himself. He opened his sapphire eyes for the first time and noted the prison-like décor of the room he was in. Blank concrete and steel bars that prevented him from getting away. The military style uniform didn't do much to ease his mind. He may not remember who he was but he was sure that he wasn't in the military.

He remembers a needle of some kind but it was all fuzzy from there. Going to the bars he could tell that he wasn't the only one completely confused by all of this. There were voices down the hall of cells. Thank God for that. "Hey! Whoever's out there. Does anyone know what's going on?" he asked out into the hall. His hands gripping the bars. Giving them a shake and realizing that they didn't budget a microinch.

He looked across the hall to the darkened cell across from him, trying to see if the resident was awake.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat May 07, 2016 12:07 am
View Likes
Astronomer says...

Dear Uncle Thomas,

I didn’t remember much from last night. Everything just went...blurry. We all woke up stranded in different parts of the woods a few miles away from the city. Eventually we all found each other, except Charon. He was gone. I don’t think he disappeared intentionally. The cities of New York, the festivals in Louisiana, his family here in England. Especially his family. His smile every time he greeted us. He couldn’t have left...he’d miss it so much.

~

Everything was faded. No, faded wasn’t the right word. Everything would be there, but unclear. No, everything was empty. I wasn’t lost, there was nothing to be lost from. The room was cold as ice and dark as night, and all shadows slipped away immediately after I awoke. Except one. It was a man.

“Hello?” I asked. I got up out of my position, spread out on the floor, and stood up. I walked forward. Nothing. Everything got colder and colder. I saw light, far, far away. Far as the shadow. My footsteps developed into a sprint, but as soon as I started…

I collided with metal bars. I reached out my hand, but the shadow was too far.

“Hello?” I repeated. Surely he could hear me. I found it irritating that he must’ve let my words fly past his other ear.

“Are you just going to stand there and ignore me like that? Where am I?” The shadow stepped forward, and a masked face appeared.

“Your location is not of your concern. Even I don’t know,” he replied.

Rude.

“How about why am I here?” I demanded.

“You’ll find that out later,” he said annoyed. He’s annoyed? I’m the clueless one.

“Hey, no need to disrespect me like that! For your information I am-” I paused. Who am I?

Charon.

That’s all I remembered. I decided to not finish my sentence. As soon as I thought about myself, I lost my memory about the topic.

The man was still apathetic.

“If I were you, I’d take as much sleep as I could get. There will be...tests tomorrow that would be even less pleasant than usual with drowsiness.”

I stared at him. “Less pleasant than usual? Tests? Just going to let you know, I don’t do to well without at least an hour of study time, thanks.”

He smirked and corrected himself, “And by tests, more like experiments. Still doesn’t make it less pleasant. And same to this conversation. ‘I’d sleep’ is a nice way to say shut up, and it isn’t working. If I were you, I’d listen.”

He pulled out a tranquilizer gun from his shoe.

“Don’t make me have to make you fall asleep, either,” and he put away his gun.

He stepped away and his shadow slipped into the darkness.

“Who are you?” I whispered.

He didn’t respond.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun May 08, 2016 3:09 am
View Likes
elysian says...

Eden Nicole Blacke

"Where are we?" I jolted awake, instantly sitting up and looking around. I couldn’t understand what was going on, where am I? Who am I?

"Who are we?!" The man’s voice screamed, asking my silent question aloud. I didn’t know how to answer, so I quietly scooted back into the dark corner on my cot, watching him. I couldn’t make out specific details about him, but he looked tall and muscular from the outline of him. Mumbling to himself, he continued to pace back and forth.

I watched him silently pace back and forth for a couple minutes, and my leg was starting to fall asleep. I shifted my weight, making the cot squeak. I froze, knowing I was about to be discovered. He stopped pacing, scanning the room for any sign of life. “Who’s there?” he asked, and I held my breath. It would be most convenient to hold off any conversation until morning when things were better lit and hopefully made better sense.

“I see you, who are you?” he asked, looking straight at where I was trying to conceal myself. He started to walk closer, and I settled into a more comfortable but still tense stance on my cot, ready for whatever was about to happen. He stood about ten feet from me, and I could still not make out much of him, as it was pretty dark wherever we were being contained. Now to think of it, I don’t think there was any windows. I wondered how there was enough light to make out anything of the man. “Well? You can speak, I’m not gonna bite,”

I cleared my throat, unsure of my own voice. “I do not know,” my voice came out in a smooth, low pitch. Not as low as his voice, but it was not high pitched in any means.

“At least I’m not the only one,” he rubbed his neck. It was silent except for a few murmurs from cells around them, and I gathered that we weren’t the only people that didn’t know what was going on.

“I’m going to sleep,” I said after a minute of silence. I didn’t know what tomorrow would bring, but I definitely wasn’t going to be half asleep while facing it. The man slowly back away, shurgging. He walked over to his cot and sat down, and I got back into a comfortable sleeping position, and slowly, faded away into sleep.
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

107 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 4:50 pm
View Likes

Alex

Alex had been pacing around his room, looking for something that he might be able to use. The metal beds were mounted to the wall, preventing him from using it as a battering ram, and the only other items were soft (pillows, sheets, clothing, etc.). His hands ran over the concrete and he was able to discern a few things. They were likely some of the first in these cells, or they were well maintained. The concrete was painted with a thick paint and it wasn't peeling or cracked.

Alex sighed as he moved to the door once again. His hand wrapped around the bars nervously as he pressed himself against the bars as hard as he could to look down the corridor. He could see much, and there wasn't anything that he could really use as a mirror.

But Alex didn't have to wait long. He let out a yelp as the bars to the cell suddenly slid sideways to open. Pulling his hands back so that they weren't crushed, Alex looked to the corridor nervously. All of the doors had opened and a few people were already attempting to step out. Alex joined them as he looked both ways, nothing but cells lined the hall and a few people were already out. "Attention. Attention," a calm female voice announced over the PA. "Breakfast meal is now being served. Follow the directional lights for the breakfast meal." As if on cue a line of lights at the top corners of the hall lit up and started moving down the hall.

Alex's stomach gave out a voice of complaint at the sound of meal. As much as he didn't trust this place, he needed food if he was going to get out and figure out who he was. He began to make his way down the hall, following the lights, uncertain of what was going to happen next.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun May 22, 2016 7:57 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Jonah

He reached up to touch one of the lights, wondering if they'd be warm and soothing to his frozen fingertips. He never found out.

A guard behind him, who had appeared out of nowhere, jabbed him between his shoulder blades with a metal baton. Jonah cried out in pain and surprise as he stumbled forward, scraping his hands against the cold and roughly-hewn stone wall when he tried to brace himself. The guard, his black eyes gleaming with the light's golden hue, lifted the baton again. Jonah cowered. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" he cried. He rolled to the side before the baton could fall and scrambled to his feet.

He cradled his bleeding hands and hurried down the corridor, catching up with the other prisoners. He resisted the urge to touch the warm lights.

Hopefully the breakfast is warm. Nothing sounded better than a warm loaf of French bread and a steaming cup of tea.

"Hey," a girl whispered suddenly, turning her head towards him. Her eyebrows were slanted angrily. "Why'd you say sorry to that jerk? He should have said sorry to you."

Jonah didn't look at her. "Sorry."

"Did you just say sorry again?"

"Yeah, um..."

"Don't say sorry," she hissed, her dark curls bouncing angrily when she shook her head. "Ever."

"Ever?"

"Ever. Trust me, it's for your own good."

Jonah cupped his hands to his mouth and tried his best to warm them. He didn't talk to the girl anymore. He liked saying sorry.

Soon enough, the prisoners spilled out into the meal hall, a square room lit with numerous lights and furnished with two long bench tables. At the furthest end of the room, a long, barred window glimpsed the signs of a kitchen. A dozen or so trays of food lined the counter beneath the window.

Jonah breathed a sigh of relief when he saw little wisps of steam rising off the food. It didn't really matter what the food actually was. It was warm!

The prisoners swarmed towards the food. Jonah was sick with starvation but, being the timid soul he was, he let the others go in front of him and reached the counter last. His heart plummeted. There were no trays left.

Behind the bars, the window to the kitchen slammed shut. Jonah felt a wave of dizziness and collapsed against the wall. His stomach rumbled and growled like a cornered lion, clawing at the insides of his stomach.

A voice rose from the cluster of tables. "Hey, Sorry Guy. Need food?"
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

107 Reviews

Thu May 26, 2016 3:37 pm
View Likes

Alex had over heard the small conversation between the girl and the rather timid guy that had been a little too slow for the guard's liking. He would have spoken up, but by the time he noticed it was over. The crowd just kept moving toward what one could assume was the cafeteria.

Alex had been among the first to enter the cafeteria. The place looked more and more like a prison with every minute that he was there. What concerned him most was the lack of windows. Even prisons had windows to let the sunlight in. Yet this place had none.

Getting in line, he kept his eyes around the cafeteria. There were teenagers all around him. But no adults. Even the guards were out of sight for now. But what reason would they have to be in sight? It's not like any of them were killers. Where they?

Getting his tray he grimaced at the slop that they were given. No doubt a calorie full meal but that didn't mean it tasted, or even looked, good. But he would need his strength if he was going to figure out what was going on around here.

He took a table to himself and stared down at the food that was given to him. A mushy slop was in the large middle partition, probably something like oatmeal, and a drink which smelled weird, almost like a protein powder before it is blended into anything.

The kitchen slammed shut, making Alex jump and looked to the boy who had been left without a tray. It meant one of two things. Either they didn't expect to have this many, or they were going with the Spartan training. If you were last, then you didn't want to eat. It seemed they were trying to pit them against each other.

"Hey, Sorry Guy. Need food?" he called out holding up the tray as a sign of him having some. He started to even out the food that was on the tray so that they could share it evenly. He had been right about the slop. It tasted absolutely vile. "I'm Alex....I think. What about you?" he asked the Sorry Guy.

82 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2016 2:02 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

Dimetri

Demetri stumbled out of his cell. His stomach ached for food. He didn't know how long it was since he last had food. He realized that the girl in his cell at pretty much just fallen asleep but he slumped back, shaking her awake. "Food."

Just with the single word, he watched the female jump and weakly speed walk to the food. He chuckled and followed. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

When Dimetri arrived at the line, he pushed himself to where Eden was, who had basically gotten to the front. "Quick little fellow." he chuckled. His english accent really stood out when speaking lately.

Dimetri grabbed a tray and went down the line beside Eden and watched the food being placed on his plate. It looked pretty disgusting, but they were all willing enough to force it to their stomachs. Dimetri's stomach growled and ached for the food. He walked over to a large table where a few other guys in the cells beside him were. He sat down next to a fairly lean male with short brown hair and what looked like bright, sapphire eyes.

A few moments later, the male got up and spoke to another, "Hey, Sorry Guy. Need food?"

Damn, not quick enough, mate? He felt a little sorry for thinking that, but it kind of just came to mind. Dimetri watched the male who was clearly older than him split his food and offer the other half to the lost boy. Not entirely clearly, but clear enough, he heard the offering male speak. "I'm Alex....I think. What about you?"

Wait, what's my name?

-

Scandal (aka Bradley)

Scandal looked at his cell door, his cold hands grasping the metal. He could feel his back muscles ripple as he clenched the cell bars tightly. His stomach tugged and growled like a wolf, tracking it's prey. Food was all he could think of.

Scandal wasn't too pleased with the outcome of where he was. It was a shit hole. The announcer went off and it was dull to him until they mentioned food. He raced out of his cell, getting there quickly. He grabbed a tray and followed the two in front of him. The slop they slammed on his tray wasn't pretty, nor did it smell good. It was awful in fact. Scandal looked around and noticed an attractive female sitting down alone. His eyes scanned her over and he found himself sitting next to her.

"Hello," he gave a light smile, "I'm Scandal." He took a bite into his food, seeing she wasn't entirely interested in his nonsense of a introduction anyway. Disgusted, he forced it down. It was something to eat and he'd pretty much just about anything to survive.

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende