z

Young Writers Society

Marbleward School for the Supernatural

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:43 pm
View Likes
mcleo1 says...

Note: Marbleward is located in Virgnia in a town called Chesapeake.
Second Note: There are already more girls then guys, so please if you make a character it'd be nice if they were male.

Everyone's gone to school in the modern world, everyone's gone to school in the supernatural world. What if they were one in the same? A world of modern magic.

Spoiler! :
Someone finding a dragon egg and live tweeting the process of trying to hatch it (without prior knowledge on how a dragon egg should be hatched), a guy selling an enchanted sword on craigslist’s, a tattoo artist who does spell runes but for really mundane stuff like conjuring a bound demonic pen or for summoning your keys, summoning a demon for the vine, selfies with mermaids, and prank calling wizards.

There are fairy run coffee shops where you can get an espresso with a shot of charisma because you've got a big presentation you're worried about, or witches working at Apple selling Phones that automatically appear in your pocket if you accidentally leave it somewhere, or Psychics running hair salons who always know how you want your hair to look, or aura reader therapists. Voodoo shops selling charms that work; like Dream Catchers with instructions on how to dispose of the nightmares and bad dreams that are caught like flies or even Lightning in a bottle for some kind of spell or other craft. Even Ghost realtors, where a “haunting” is just checking out the house and scaring trespassers.

Crossbreeding with races are normal now (but still can be seen as Taboo, or not right by the old Worlders).

In this world, instead of relying just on textbooks, there are vampire history teachers who reminiscent on what really happened. There are Scuba vampires even because they don't need air to breathe and can see well in the dark as they look in the depths of the ocean to explore it more because it’s just like the Amazon.

There are different types or varieties of creatures like:
Sea mermaid’s rescuing injured animals from oil spills and taking care of them.
Swamp mermaids creating little homes from algae and moss and twigs for the frogs and alligators.
River mermaids racing with otters and fish and helping creatures swim upstream.
Lake mermaids floating near the surface to sunbathe and letting animals ride on their stomachs.

Different types of Dragons such as:
Tiny dragons with colorful scales living in trees and feeding on fruits and flowers’ nectar. Bioluminescent aquatic dragons roaming in the abyss and scaring the hell out of sailors. Fluffy dream dragons capable of feeling when children are having nightmares and materializing into their rooms to cuddle with them and are used heavily as therapy animals.
Even a Dragonling rescue, rescuing abandoned dragons and getting them a home.

Other monsters and supernatural that may want to be things in the medical field like:
Vampire doctors that can smell if you have a blood disease.
Werewolf therapy animals for sick kids.
Nature sprite and nymph nurses that always make sure people have pretty flowers to brighten up their white rooms.
Fauns that go around and sing and dance for patients so that they smile.
Sirens that help people with sex addiction.
Humans with X-ray vision to find medical problems.
Mages and Magicians or some other magical being creating synthetic body or body parts or synthetic blood.

The list goes on and on. With your abilities you can do anything. Will you be a Sphinx longing to go back to Egypt and be a tour guide or a Griffin Breeder. Or even a Water Horse Jockey or what not?

In this world, anything is possible if you just set your mind to it. You are a creature, you are supernatural. You live in this fantastic world and you have plans for your future, but just like everyone else, you must go to school. You have been sent to a boarding school by your parents after being sent an acceptance letter from Marbleward. What kind of creature are you, what is your story? And more importantly, what is your future?

Rules:
Spoiler! :

1. No Mary or Gary-Sues.
2. No Overpowered Characters.
3. Respect other participants!
4. If you want to kill another character, ask first.
5. 500 word minimum for post.
6. 2 person character limit.
7. 14-19 for ages (If there are any special requirements like a prodigy or someone failed a grade you will have to ask me directly. This also means 9th-12th grade.)
8.Some cursing will be allowed, and other activities to, but try not to use it to much and if there is any sort of sexual scene, make sure just to do the skip to the next morning part or so on. Try to be as age friendly as possible!

Character Bio Sheet
Note: Try and be very thorough when doing this please.
Spoiler! :
Name:
Supernatural Race:
Grade:
Personality:
Physical Appearance:
History:
Abilities:
Extras:
Swimming in murky water is one of the more interesting things in life. :mrgreen:

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun May 08, 2016 10:01 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Armina Wright

This has been the longest car ride ever. You'd think I wouldn't get tired of cliche romance movies about the nerdy mermaid and the jockey werewolf falling for each other.

Ugh so unrealistic.

“Mom, why does society want to turn the minds of teens to mush with movies like these? I mean in real life Troy Wolfton would never fall for a girl like Gabriella Mertez.” My mother turns to look back at me. A smile is on her face.

“Armina, I haven't heard you'd talk about that movie since it came out.” I shrug unashamed.

“Just reliving old memories... and I've run out of things to watch on Netflix.” She laughs.

“I don't know. You'd be surprised what true love can do.”

“Jeez Mom, you sound like a hallmark card. And besides, I'm sure true love only exists before the end of the 18th century.”

“You’re probably right.” She laughs. “But don't lower your standards my darling.”

“Of course not.” I turn off my tablet. “Are we almost there?”

“Yes. It should be just up this way.” We pull up through this cascading tunnel of trees to an elegant gated entrance. My eyes go wide. I've seen many things in my lifetime, but there are still things that always impress me. I look out my window at the other new students collecting their things. I laugh. “What is it Armina?”

“It's funny. The few students getting out of their black cars with frowns on their faces. Like their parents forced them to be here.” I explain.

“Well not many people choose to go to boarding school Armina.” She assures me.

“Well I am excited. It's something new.”

“Well as long as you're safe, and you avoid stupid boys I trust you.” My father says smiling. He doesn't talk much compared to me and my mother, and I can't help but smiling back. “You have your lamp yes? I made sure to message the headmaster about giving you a roommate that they would be sure wouldn't take advantage of you.” He explains. I nod holding it up.

“I promise to keep it safely hidden. I don't intend on becoming a slave this year. I am a normal student who is going to have a great year.” I place my lamp into its molded spot in my empty suitcase.

“I hope so.” My mother's brow creases with worry. I place a reassuring hand on her shoulder and smile. She smiles back kissing my hand. “Our beautiful daughter.”

“I love you both.” I smile. “Now let's get moving.” I step out of the car into the warm, somewhat humid air. Students rush all around with a sense of bitterness, but also hope. A group of boys watch me from across the quad whispering. I blush slightly turning back to the car. I grab my only suitcase. My parents get out of the car and the walk over to hug me.

“I guess this is it.” My mother says grabbing my face. “Goodbye my beautiful daughter. Have a fantastic year.”

“I will mamma.” She kisses me on the cheek, and I turn to my father. There are tears in his eyes. “Aw Papa. It's okay.” I laugh slightly hugging him.

“Have a very good year my child. Write often.” I smile looking up at him.

“Don't worry I will. It'll be great. I promise….I love you both.” I hug them both one last time, and I send them off with a slight wave. I won't admit it, but a tear may have fallen from my eye as their car pulled away from the gate.

I turn confidently to the school ready for what's ahead. “Alrighty. Let's do this.” I say.

I walk across the quad where I feel eyes fall on me. I'm used to it at this point in my existence I guess, but I can't help but feel a little embarrassed every time it happens. After a few introductory meetings I finally receive my room key from a woman with a large smile. I thank her, and set off to find my room.

When I finally reached my room I realized the door was standing wide open. I reluctantly stepped into the room.

“Uh...hello?” I called out. Suddenly a girl with long gorgeous hair, surprised me walking out of the bathroom.

“Hey! You must be Armina!” She walks over eagerly and shakes my hand. “So you’re the genie? I can tell by your style. By the way, love the top. Also you’re like super pretty. Is that your natural hair color? What's up with all the tattoos?” She stares at me a moment before correcting herself. “Sorry I talk a lot.” She explains. I smile slightly.

“It's alright. And yes. Yes. Thanks. Yes. And family delicacy.” We both laugh. “So I assume they told you everything?” I ask. She nods.

“Yup! They also gave me the whole spiel about how I'm not allowed to touch the lamp and all. It's okay. One of my friends back home was a Genie. I get it.” She smiles.

“Well, that's good.” I say with a sigh of relief. “What's your name?”

“Oh I'm Bella. A half blooded mermaid at your service!” She giggles. “Don't worry, I only transform when I touch water.”

“That's really cool.” I say.

“Yeah, it has its benefits and curses...Hey, I was just about to head to the dining hall. A bunch of people are headed there to start introducing themselves. It's kind of the initiation meetup place..”

“Really? That sounds fun. I'll just put my suitcase away, and we can head down there.”

“Sweet!” She heads back into the bathroom where she continues to put on an excessive amount of eyeliner. On the bright side she pulls it off well. I slide my suitcase under the bed, and double check that it's locked. “Alright, let's head out!” She sings coming out of the bathroom. I smile and stand waiting for her to take the lead. We step out into the hallway, and she instantly yells at someone ahead of us.

“Andrew!” She turns to me. “Sorry. That's my boyfriend. Hold on.” She runs off without me. The boy smiles, and lifts her up into a hug. I continue my way towards them. He places her down, and notices me.

“You must be Bella’s new roommate. I'm Andrew.” He holds out his hand to me, and I shake it.

“Armina.” I answer with a smile.

“You guys headed to the dining hall?” He asks.

“Yes we are.” Bella answers.

“Cool. Well you are free to walk with me and my roommate if you guys would like?”

“Of course we would.” Bella says. He leans down to kiss her and grabs her hand. They start walking off leaving me and Andrews roommate standing awkwardly side by side.

“Love.” He scoffs jokingly.

“You’re telling me.” We both laugh.

“Well after you.” He holds out an arm, and I start walking ahead of him.

“Thanks.” I say, and we walk quietly the rest of the way to the dining hall.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon May 09, 2016 1:21 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Lance Delancey

Welcome to Bellua City: the city without law. Here, in this sprawling metropolis of roughly four million, a battle rages between the shining skyscrapers, across the dark-paved streets and to the very heart of the city. This proud citadel is now a battleground, held tight by some of the most notorious and greedy gangs in the world.

Beneath an ornate crimson gate in the Chinatown district, Inu has sold the thirtieth hot dog of the day. He’s very proud of himself, drumming his paws happily on his hot dog cart in anticipation of his next customer. Greeting customers with a smile is imperative for any carter in this city.

But Inu’s smile quickly vanishes as his sharp ears prick up. Faintly, the roar of an engine reaches them from down the street. A small shape grows in the distance, rumbling the earth with its force. Inu’s expression fills with dread as the final warning reaches his snout. It’s a familiar scent, striking terror into his heart.

Pizza.

Inu yelps in panic, detaching his giant striped umbrella and dragging the hot dog cart away from the street. But it’s far too late by now.

With the gusto of a sonic boom, a figure tears through the street, blasting Inu and his cart aside with the sheer force of its wake. The moped soars over the black pavement, the wind searing the paint. Upon it, a knight in shining armor cranks the handlebar and accelerates to demonic speeds. “Onward, valiant steed!” he cries, twin blue flames streaming at his sides.

His name is Lottery Delancey, colloquially known as Lance. And he is the center of Bellua City’s war.

The war of food corporations, to be exact. Lashed to the back of Lance’s moped, jostled by the bumps in the road, is one steaming hot Monaciello’s Pizza. It nearly falls from the bike as Lance drifts around a corner, carving ebon skidmarks into the street. This reckless behavior is what allows him to take his place as the ultimate delivery boy.

The Monaciello’s advertisement: Pizza delivered in five minutes, guaranteed. Now with bacon-stuffed crust.

Lance pushes down hard and hops onto the sidewalk, zooming past tea-shop board advertisements and authentic Chinese restaurants. Today, he takes a shortcut, blazing down a new street to shave two minutes off of his time. However, today, his delivery will be interrupted, by the local gang defending their turf and entertainment.

A burst of wind passes him by, shouting out, “Your armor looks stupid!” It speeds on ahead of him, cackles trailing in its wake. Lance, appalled, slows down to try making out the blur.

Suddenly another phantom accosts him, this one snatching the pizza box right from his moped. Now Lance can make out a girl on a bicycle, waving his stolen goods tauntingly in front of him.

Finally, a third wave swoops over him. This time, he’s prepared for the worst, bracing himself with an iron grip on the handlebars. Two seconds later, he’s staring down at a flower necklace, wrapped decoratively around his neck.

The three phantoms brake hard, sliding to a stop at the end of the street. Lance does the same, the flames at his shoulders burning crimson with rage. Half of it is that they have stolen his pizza, the other half is that they outpaced him on regular bicycles. He shouts, “Who are you?”

The girl, the eldest, brandishes the stolen pizza with a dark flourish. “Hahahahah! Who are we? Tell him, boys!”

The boy on the left strikes a pose, shooting for the stars. “The insults that pierce the greatest shield! Gale Force Ka!” A stylized scarf blows from around his neck, goggles obscuring his eyes.

The eldest child, the dark-haired girl in torn biker jeans, raises the pizza box wickedly. Her jacket is overlarge and heavily angled, like fangs on a vicious beast. “The sickle that carves the ultimate wounds! Gale Force Maita!”

Finally, the boy flanking her, clearly the youngest, rubs his neck and begins his monologue. “T-the, uh, apology that soothes the deepest cuts! Gale Force Chi!” As he does this, he subconsciously adjusts the lotus blossom in his hair.

Maita nods and points her finger skyward, and the boys join her in the group pose, Ka more enthusiastically than Chi. “Together we are, the Gale Force Kamaitachi!” The sky seems to darken above them, menacing shadows accenting their features. It all looks a little awkward from atop their bicycles.

Lance’s flames now burn with intrigue. “So, you would challenge me, Gale Force! Very well. However! If you wish to impede my delivery, I have no choice but to fight!” His hand goes to his back, drawing a giant lance seemingly from thin air. He levels it towards them, shouting, “For the honor of Monaciello’s Pizza!”

His sabaton stomps against the pedal, and he shoots forward towards the rascals. Chi panics, immediately flinging flower necklaces while crying his apologies. Unfortunately, these lei chains fly into Lance’s visor, obscuring his vision with vibrant color.

The knight veers out of control, shouting archaic curses with clawing at his face. He flies into a mailbox at the end of the street, sending letters bursting up and fluttering around him. His moped zooms on and crashes into a lightpole, sending up a ball of flame as the engine combusts.

Chi stops and gapes, horrified at what his flowers have wrought.

The other children seize the opportunity, Ka veering close to insult his fallen foe. “I think that’s the wrong kind of mail for you to wear!” he cackles, slapping Lance on the helmet.

“Quite to the contrary,” the knight replies, rolling to his feet. He grips a letter between his fingers, and a flick of the wrist sends it shooting towards the boy. “It’s the perfect tool for stamping you out!”

Ka looks down, panicking as the paper card flies into his bike chain, jamming the gears. The wheel locks up, and he flies over the handlebars, saved only by a quick roll. His bike smashes into him, however, and soon both rider and mount are in a heap by the curb.

Nodding in satisfaction, Lance turns to glare at Chi. “Yes, I think you’ll find that I follow orders to the letter!” Another postcard blazes from his hand with deadly accuracy. Chi yelps and covers his head with his arms, whimpering as the paper bounces off harmlessly. He immediately jumps from his bicycle and scampers away, having run out of courage and flower necklaces.

Lance leaps onto his foe’s abandoned vehicle, ratcheting the bike into high gear. His feet pound the pedals as he takes off down the street, searching for the last member of Gale Force.

His legs churn the gears, the wheels carrying him at an impossible speed. His flames burn bright with excitement, and he scans the battlefield, weaving between cars until he can spot - there! A dark-haired girl steers her bicycle through Victorian gates, into the park. Lance clenches his muscles, charging towards the final confrontation.

He bursts into the park, wind streaming around his armor. He coasts along, gazing warily at the scenery around him. Ancient, majestic trees surround the lake, the park path winding lazily around them.

A distorted blast of wind slices beside his helmet, sending up a pillar of dust where it hits the ground. Lance brakes, his gaze shooting skyward. At the top of the grassy hill above the path, the final Kamaitachi perches on her bike, a cheerful grin made sinister.

“I don’t suppose you’ll just hand the pizza over, Miss Maita?” Lance shouts up.

“Don’t call me ‘Miss’,” she retorts, grinning cockily. “A pathetic guy like you wouldn’t even have a chance with me.”

“Miss Maita, you misunderstand me.” Lance places a hand over his breastplate in an earnest fashion. “Firstly, I am a knight, and the honorific is a force of habit. Secondly, I thought it would be appropriate to highlight your lack of accuracy. Wouldn’t you agree, Miss?”

“Wh-what…” Maita turns bright red, fuming. “Why, you…” She starts yelling, blades of air fusillading forth like a hellstorm of wind. Lance bursts out of the way, dodging with his bicycle.

“Stupid knight!” The girl rides down the hill, continuing down the path and throwing razor gusts behind her. The knight ducks and weaves through the attacks, yelping as they shear over his armor.

Riding through the whirlwind, the knight recalls his training in satisfaction. Knight rule number one: Take every opportunity to wittily insult your opponent. Two seconds later, conflict wrenches his soul. Knight rule number two: Do nothing that would, in any way, offend a lady.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid!” Air begins to congeal above the girl's head, forming a colossal, storming sphere. The knight begins trembling, regret his only thought.

Maita flings the sphere back with a wave of her hand. As it nears, Lance grinds against the ground before leaping high, catapulted by its explosion behind him. “Milady, I misspoke! Forgive me!” he cries as he flies over her head, skittering along the path. With a determined look in his visor, he slides to a halt, blocking her way.

The knight breathes heavily, leaning over his handlebars. “You...I cannot harm you. A young girl such as yourself has no true evil inside her. So I ask you politely, as etiquette determines: Please give back what you have stolen.”

She draws a bat, scowling. “No.”

“Then, Miss Maita,” he replies, hoisting his lance, “have at thee!”

“Charge!” they scream, pedalling madly towards each other. Lance keeps his head down, letting the wind streamline over him in a determined rush. No matter what, he will get his pizza back.

Maita’s black longcoat flares out behind her as she nears. The cyclers blaze along the path, until they are mere feet apart, inches.

Seconds before collision, Maita swings the bat viciously, smashing Lance’s arm clean from its socket. The vambrace flies away, taking the lance with it. The knight roars in pain, but no blood falls from the stump.

Maita gawks, dumbfounded. But as she does, she leans too close to Lance’s bicycle. The wheels collide and jam, and both riders are sent flying from their seats.

Lance quickly seizes Maita’s collar with his remaining hand, pulling the girl into his chest as they hit the pavement. The knight takes the brunt of the damage as they skid along the pathway, brutalizing his back. He grits his teeth, but hangs on regardless.

Eventually, they grind to a stop, Maita lying on top of Lance’s chest. The knight sighs and relaxes, groaning softly as his helm hits the pavement.

Maita’s eyes peek open, finding herself hugging Lance tightly. She glances up at him, worried, hesitant. “Are you...are you okay, mister?” Her cheeks have flushed red, her eyes pleading for his wellbeing.

Lance’s heart jumps in his breastplate, the flames at his shoulders turning pink. “Wh-what? Me? Of course I’m fine!” he exclaims.

Maita nods slowly, laying her head on his chest again. “That’s good,” she murmurs, soft as the breeze.

The knight is sent reeling, heat searing up his cheeks. Wh-what kind of mood change is this? he panics. Her personality’s completely different from before!

The maiden looks up, towards the pizza box, which has spilled open in the bicyclic carnage. “Sorry you won’t make your delivery.”

She’s cute...wait, no! She is the enemy! I cannot think that! I absolutely cannot think that!

“Hey,” Maita says, leaning forward until her face almost touches his visor. “Why’d you save me?”

In a flash, the charismatic demeanor is about Lance once more. “A knight must adhere to his rules of chivalry,” he replies, waving his hand for dramatic effect. “I could not allow harm to come to a lady such as yourself.”

“Hah, that’s so corny.” She laughs, clear as chimes.

“But,” she adds, blushing slightly, “it’s kinda cool, too.”

Lance’s mind burns with undisciplined thoughts. Wait! Now that I think about it, she’s not that much younger than I am. Two or three years at most! And she's so close - ah! If I don’t do something soon, I might-

Suddenly, none of that matters, because her lips are on the cheek of his visor, warm and soft. Lance’s pink flames practically explode, his heart skipping and whirling crazily within his armor.

After a long second, Maita draws back, standing up. “Don’t you dare tell my brothers I did that,” she says, straightening her coat.

Lance, incapacitated, manages a nod.

“Good.” Maita glances at him, then immediately turns away, hiking the collar to hide her cheeks. “O-of course, if you ever came by our neighborhood again, we might let you hang out. You’re a decent rider, I...guess.”

Picking up his arm and lance from where they’d landed, she flings them back at him coarsely. She points a finger at him, eyes ignited with the same hot-blooded spirit as before. “Now don’t go forgetting the power of the Gale Force Kamaitachi!” With that, she turns on her heel, walking away.

Lance, watching her go, suddenly smiles. “My name’s Lance, by the way!” he calls.

The tips of her ears turn bright pink. “L...like I care!” she retorts, walking off at twice the speed.

The knight, humming, reattaches his arm, cranking it around a few times to fit it in. The flames at his shoulders burn bright pink, his heart echoing their excitement. Of course, the heart is merely figurative speech, the reason being the wisps that float at his sides at all times.

And the reason for that being, those two flames mark his status as a ghost.

Standing up with a grunt, he brushes the dirt from his armor. The suit serves as his vessel, or, as his guardian intends, his containment unit. Placing the lance on his back, he goes to the ruined pizza.

He breathes out a sigh as he surveys the wreckage. The bikes have survived, but the pizza is splattered over the grassy hill, a shattered disc of cheesy carnage. This won’t be easy to explain to his boss.

He hears a low whistle. “Wow. You had a perfect record up til now, too.” The voice comes from behind him, but Lance already knows who it is.

“Not now, Pollux,” he groans, turning around to see the cyclops walking down the hill. He’s dressed in a toxic-looking hawaiian shirt with khaki shorts, single-glassed sunglasses obscuring his lone eye. The officer is trying to blend in, and failing miserably.

“Then again,” the cyclops says, crossing his arms, “maybe the girl was worth it. We’ve all grown so self-aware nowadays; the world could use more tsundere in it.” He nods sagely, apparently an expert on the topic.

Lance gives him a look, to which he shrugs. “Anyway,” he continues, “I’ve got good news for you. A school’s accepted you, finally. Marbleward. Nice place, not too far from here.”

“But Pollux, I’m perfectly fine as I am-”

“Lot.” Pollux cuts him off with a raised hand. “It’s not my decision. The Afterlife Orphanage made this system long before you rolled around. You have to go back to school. You may be a knight, but you’re still only seventeen.”

Lance’s pauldrons droop. “But I don’t want to leave here…”

“I’m sure they’ll let you visit. Besides, you get to send letters.”

Lance’s visor lights up. “So...like long-distance courtship!”

“Huh?”

“Yes, yes!” Lance bounces up and down, armor clanking. “Why, I’ll even be able to improve my poetry! And swordsmanship! It’s perfect!”

Pollux manages a confused smile. “Well, if you’re agreeing to it, I guess that’s all that matters…”

“Indeed!” Lance raises a finger towards the heavens, imitating Maita. “From this day forward, I am a student of Marbleward! And with this power, I shall become the greatest knight in existence!” Light pierces the sky where he points, raining sparkling beams of sunlight onto his shoulders.

Behind him to his left, the cyclops sighs in exasperation, adjusting his sunglasses. “It looks like the ghost,” he says, “is about to live it up.”
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue May 17, 2016 10:27 am
MariaRowlands says...

Maria DuMont

Spoiler! :
Five Months Prior to Marbleward

Marie was out hunting when the girl appeared at her cave. She had already gathered enough berries for the day and was now stalking some deer in her dragon form to cook for dinner. She let out a soft growl from the base of her throat to signal to her pixies which to herd towards her. The doe was only small and it was close to death anyway due to its age. In her eyes, this kill was a mercy to the herd and the doe so she made it quick so as to not prolong the doe's suffering. She grabbed the head between her front paws and twisted, effectively snapping the neck. A loud crack sounded through the clearing, scaring the others of the herd into the shelter of the nearby trees. With the help of the pixies, Maria flew out of the clearing and over the forest to her cave, landing in the back and startling the girl.

She suddenly started changing shape until she had her human appearance again. The pixies flew around the cave to check if everything was in order when the green one found her. She let out a squeak and called Marie over to check it out.

"Ppppppplease. Don't hurt me. I'm lost." Her thick accent making it a bit hard to understand.

"Why would I hurt you? Come out and I'll get you something to eat." She held her hand out for the girl to take. "I am Marie. Who are you? And why do you wear such strange garments?"

The girl looked down at her jeans, shirt and joggers then up at Maria's long silken dress and bare feet. "They aren't weird where I come from. My name is Siofra"

"Well, Siofra, give me by sun-high and there will be some food. I just have to prepare the doe I caught. If you need anything just ask the pixies and they will bring it to you." She then walked over to the doe, grabbed it and vanished.

Preparing the meat was made short work by Maria, whom carved it up in dragon form with her claws. She cooked the meat and grabbed all the berries she collected, placed it into two bowls and teleported to the back of the cave. Siofra was still there with two leaf cups of water, one beside her and the other where Marie would sit.

"Here you go. You must be rather hungry. It's a long way from others up here." She took a bite of the rump before putting it down and changing to her dragon form to eat it. Once her steak was finished she changed back to eat the the berries. Siofra looked at her in shock.

"I'm sorry. Did I do something wrong?" Marie enquired after realising she was being stared at.

"It's nothing. You don't have any knives and forks do you?"

"What are those? They sound dangerous." She replied after finishing her berries. "Here, I'll cut it smaller for you and you can eat on my back as I fly you back to your people." She changed her hand to a claw and diced it in one swing. "Let's get going shall we?"

Marie flew until she reached a large and strange village that had stranger contraptions. She let Siofra slide off her back before transforming back to her Faerie look.

"You sure this is correct? This village is awfully large and smelly. The one I remember was small and clean. What is this?" She turned around in a full circle, taking in the view.

"You sound like you need to come down from that cave for a bit. How about you come to Marbleward with me? Then we can help each other."

Marie smiled gently at the girl. "I think that would be splendid."

Present Day

Marie cleaned her cave for the fourth time in the past hour before deeming it clean enough for her to leave until she came back. She cast a spell to drive away all harmful creatures that might take her home.

"Trissa, take care of the fort for us please. We are counting on you." She said to the little green pixie before changing to her dragon form and flying to her new 'home' with her pixie guardians.

It took several hours and multiple toilet breaks for Marie, Vixa, Lilac and Sylvanna to reach the school. The three pixies flew on ahead to gather her room number and take her belongings (just a heshen bag with drawing leaves sewn together to make books and her mothers claw pen) to her room. After transforming back, she had her normal violet silken dress and her mothers baby teeth necklace (gift from her parents after she got all her adult dragon teeth) on. She looked around in a daze at all the new objects and creations. She was so excited to explore this new world. Vixa flew back to her in a flurry of red dust and lead her to her room. She had a feeling she would enjoy this new world.
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun May 22, 2016 2:45 am
mcleo1 says...

Anecia Masaaraq

I twirled a few strands of my hair between my fingers, weaving them in and out, in and out. It would've almost seemed like a pattern of some sort, a bit like braiding, but instead of a long strip of neat hair together all I got was a knotted mess of orange and red.

"How much longer?" I abandoned my hair playing as I looked out the window, it seemed like we had been in the car forever even if Marbleward wasn't really that far.

"Not that long dear, maybe 10 minutes or so I would assume." My father said and I nodded and leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes. I'd like to say that I was excited and confident about this school, I had dreamt of coming here ever since I was a little girl. I had read so much about it, heard so much of it.

But now that it was finally here, it was a struggle to keep any water from jumping out of it's respective place or even my hair from getting fired up. I wasn't the only person like this, of mixed heritage, and I also wasn't the only one both nervous and excited for this either. It didn't seem to make any difference in calming myself though.

"Anecia? Neci? Honey sit up. We're here." I opened my eyes to see my father looking back at me. I wish my mother could've been here as well so that I could tell her goodbye, but she wasn't. It was just something else I was going to have to get over.
I opened the door to the car and stepped out, grabbing my bags. "Did you remember to pack the fire proof blanket?" he asked anxiously.

"Yes." I rolled my eyes as he tried to turn fully to see my bags.

"Extra batteries for the extra smoke alarms we got you?" he again asked anxiously.

"Yes Dad."

"What about the-"

"Dad, everything is packed. I'm all prepared. I could put out a forest fire if I wanted to." I chuckled, reaching forward to give him a awkward hug through the window. "Stop worrying so much, I'll be fine really. Tell mom I love her and I miss her already."

"Goodluck honey, have fun. Don't get into any trouble, any fights, stay away from boys." he seemed to drone on and on and all I could think about was all of the what abouts while smirking to myself.

What about girls? People asking for a fight? What about a fire that I didn't cause but I need to put out? Unjust rules?

Finally, I just had to stop him once again. Some people were starting to stare at how long he was staying. It probably wasn't uncommon for a parent to be like this, but it probably wasn't very common either. "Dad, seriously let it go. You should head back already. I love you."

He sighed, "Already getting rid of me already? I see how it is, I love you too sweetie, have a good time." I stepped back from the car and watched as it drove off, I was finally on my own.

I looked around the quad and saw that there weren't as many people as I thought there were. The school grounds were clear and crisp, fresh for a new year and un-trampled by the students.

I picked up my bags, heading towards one of the large buildings where I assumed the main office to be. I grabbed my room assignment and the key to go with it. Soon I stood in front of my room, room 30A, I unlocked the door and headed inside. I set my bags down on the side of my bed and stepped towards the window, opening the curtains wide as I looked out.

The view was absolutely amazing, I had never seen anything so green and perfect in my life. I was never really around forests much, there was no reason to and Ii was always afraid that I would burn one down, especially during any sort of drought season when the wildfire spread like crazy.

I looked down below me to see some students below walking towards the dining hall. There seemed to be two lovebirds holding hands walking ahead of another boy and another girl. There wasn't much about the boy, he and the girl seemed to be following along while watching the other two.

The girl with him had electric blue hair though that seemed to be the exact opposite of my own. I wasn't sure if she was a Water Sprite or maybe a Water Nymph or Nixie. I wasn't really sure, she could possibly be one or maybe I was being specist. Blue was usually the color of someone who was associated with water, so it was the best guess that I had for the moment, especially from this distance.

You'd think it'd be easy to figure out what kind of creature someone was, but it really wasn't. Creatures like Water Sprites, Nymphs, and Nixie's were very touchy about these kinds of things because everyone always seemed to think they were all one thing. Same goes for Mermaids and Sirens and so on.

I learned that the hard way when I once called a Swamp Boggart a Brownie when I was in 6th grade. It was quite a traumatizing experience for the both of us. I ended up covered in mud and shrieking, trying to pull him off of me, and he ended up with a nasty burn across his arms.

I started seeing more and more people heading towards the dining hall. I saw a group of Cyclops, a few Harpys, and even a Kelpie if I saw correctly. It seemed to be some sort of meet up place for the new students. I looked over at the empty bed across from mine, my room mate must either have been planning on coming later tonight or even tomorrow.

I looked back out the window for the moment and decided then that I might as well go check out the dining hall and the rest of the campus, maybe even meet a few other students. I stepped out the door and headed towards the dining hall now.

I didn't really have any solid plans of heading to the dining hall straight away, I decided to take the scenic route by heading across other places in campus like the gardens, the sports areas, the dock near the lake. I would get to the dining hall eventually I reasoned.
Swimming in murky water is one of the more interesting things in life. :mrgreen:

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun May 22, 2016 3:43 am
belladonna says...

Life is very peaceful. Ellicott city is the perfect city for…shadier individuals. It has an incredibly high ghost population, and who doesn’t appreciate hearing about riots that were held decades ago, or the latest murderer? Even though the city has a bad reputation, crime is hard to get away with.

Kipley Prinz, or Kip as he prefers to be called, could blend right in with everyone.
No one would be able to tell what he was unless he wore a low collar. The red stitching along his neck was the only thing differentiating him from humans - in the daytime, Come night, his head detaches and he goes out hunting. His debilitating shriek rouses people in nearby houses, but he doesn’t particularly care. It’s not like he’s doing anything illegal; he only hunts animals. He doesn’t look so pretty when he’s gnawing a deers ribcage.

His family, on the other hand, was definitely not so modern in their diets. People were disappearing every now and then, but Kip didn't bring it up. In his opinion, there was no point in starting another fight with his parents.

Kip had been thinking about a boarding school for a while, because it would help him avoid legal trouble caused by his parents. As a boarding school that accepts all races, Marbleward was the ideal choice. Not many other schools would accept nukekubi, as they were associated with violence and evil.

Speaking of Marbleward, he’s coming up on it now. He decided to take a taxi because his parents are busy and he doesn’t want them to make a bad impression on his classmates. Not many students were out and about, so he identified a few selkies and a mermaid. They seem to be getting along swimmingly. He makes his way to his room after asking the seal squad for directions. Kip hummed happily as he unpacked, light pink hair whipping around him as his blue eyes shimmered with joy. He gently placed the small cactus he had brought with him onto the windowsill.

Kip was examining his hair to make sure it would look perfect for when he was going to meet everyone, when he heard a cough from the entrance of the dorm.

“So, am I right to guess that you’re my roommate?” He sounded pretty bored, and he smirked when he saw Kip fiddling with his hair. “Yeah, that’s me. Well, unless you aren’t…sorry, i can't pronounce this name,” Kip said as his eyebrows and nose scrunch up in confusion.

The situation was getting pretty awkward, so Kip decides to go meet up with the other new people early, His roommate chose to stay in the room, so Kip walked alone, getting weird looks for the tall collar on his coat. On the way to the meeting point, he spotted someone he thinks may be a rokurokubi (which are like him, but instead of detaching your head you stretch your neck out).

As he makes his way to his destination, Kip spots a young couple with their undoubtedly bored companions. He pities them, and is glad that it isn't him in that situation.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 23, 2016 4:09 am
Jexy says...

Kida Khoudary

This is gonna be worse than I thought.... The green skinned girl thinks to herself as she steps out from the cramped bus. The past few hours were some she could do to forget, sitting in an overcrowded can-on-wheels with no AC was certainly not her idea of a good time, and looking across the sprawling campus of her new school, the halfling's mood was not improved.

Social interaction was not Kida's strong suit, and she reminds herself of this as her eyes slowly scan the newly arriving students that litter the courtyard and field. She spots a number of Elves in the distance and notes as they pay no mind to a small group of Orcs that walk by, chatting busily. A wave of relief washes over her. Maybe this won't be so bad after all...

Suddenly, a bump sends the girl's meager pack of belongings flying, and she spins to face a redheaded boy with pointed ears sneering at her.

"Oops."

Kida's lip curls up into a snarl and she stands up to her full height, now standing eye to eye with the offender. "I think you did that on purpose." Her voice is practically dripping with challenge.

The boy doesn't so much as blink. "Maybe I did. So?" Kida pauses in disbelief before baring her teeth. He opens his mouth to speak again but is met with a hefty punch to the jaw. "Don't waste your words on me, just listen. Leave me alone, or I'll hurt you. Got it?"

The elf turns back to the green skinned girl and wipes his lip pointedly before casting a visible glance at her ears and glaring at her. "You just made a big mistake, halfling! Do you have any idea who I am?" Uh oh, the high and mighty type, eh? Already off to bad start, but someone's got to knock this bully off his high chair.

"I've no clue who you are, and I've no clue as to why I should care." She jabs a finger into his face for emphasis. "And it's you who's made a mistake. Stay away from me and there'll be no issues. Otherwise, you're going to the hospital." With this, Kida turns on her heel and stalks off into the crowd, swiping up her pack as she does so. The boy yells after her.

"My name is Desmond Kincaid, and I'm going to make your life here hell!" Oh blow it out your arse.... Wait, Kincaid? Oh dear. The hybrid flinches and pushes past a few gawkers staring at her in pity and disbelief. You've really gone and done it this time, Khoudary... She sighs and shrugs off her thoughts. Focus on the present. Deal with Desmond when the time comes.

A short time later, Kida was standing outside of a red door. On the other side was apparently her new room..... and roommate. Oof.: Her thought when she was told by the officewoman that she would be sharing a room. What part about "anti-social" didn't the administration get in her application letter? This has got to be fixed. The girl sighs again and tries her key in the door. Unfortunately, it works, and the door bows to her slight push. She looks up with a pained face...

And blinks. The girl standing before her has a bright halo about her head, as if her hair were about to catch fire, like the red-hot metal Kida and her father had worked on in the forge. She blinks again and clears her throat, knocking gently on the open door to announce her arrival. The girl whirls around in surprise. "Um." The green skinned girl stares at the other for a moment. "I'm Kida- ah, Kidana Khoudary. I think I'm your roommate? Are you Anecia?"

Spoiler! :
I hope this is alright! @ChildOfWriting @mcleo1

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief