z

Young Writers Society

Star Wars- One of the Jedi Order

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:55 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far, away....

This is a story that starts in the Clone Wars. (Not the cartoon thank heavens, but we might still have some of the same characters) The main characters are Padawans and/or apprentices. Despite the title, there will still be some Sith in here. I'll put my character in my first post.

Rules: No cussing, no extreme romance (and no cheap anime stuff either), no sex, no picking on members, no going into detail with violence, and please don't kill anyone's character with out their permission.

And for goodness sake be careful about putting Jar Jar Binks in anything!

Character Page thing

Spoiler! :
Name:
Home Planet:
Species:
Personality:
Force sensitive:
Jedi/Sith/other:
Lightsaber color/blaster type:
If they use a lightsaber, what form?:
Other weapons:
Master/trainer:
Friends:
Enemies:
Ship/vehicle:
Droid(s):
Animals:
When trained:
Padawan/apprentice/trainee:
Brief history:
Worst thing that happened him/her:
Best thing that happened him/her:
Special Fact/Favorite Characteristic:
Also known as:

PS: Pardon if my posts are lame. Every writer has those times where the corny-ness has to come out.

PPS: And may the Force be with you. :)
Last edited by ChieTheWriter on Mon May 16, 2016 5:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

75 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 7:30 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

The transport shook as another explosion went off below. Boom. The small ship was filled with troopers. Clone troopers. They were on their way to the surface of the planet Ryloth to join the rest of their battalion. Their commanders were on the ground already: Captain Cody, and General Kenobi. Another blast went off, but the troopers didn't say a word.

"Going in for a landing." Came the pilot's voice from the cockpit,

The Sergeant turned to his troops. "You have your orders men. The droids have several Twi'lek and clone hostages, so tread lightly. The General will take care of that. Our job is to wipe out the droids flanking the right sector here." he pointed to a hologram image. "Once we take them out, then we re-join Captain Cody and the rest of the 212th. Got it?"

"Sir yes sir!" came the unanimous reply of the troopers in the ship,

-time skip-

"GO GO GO!!!" Shouted Sergent Buck as a squadron of Vulture droids zoomed overhead,

The troopers dodged incoming fire as a transport exploded above them. A group of five were cutting down the lines of some incoming Commando droids. The BX units made another charge and drew out their hand-to-hand weapons. The troopers blasted hard, but could only take down a few before it was too late. One trooper blasted a droid directly in the chest, but couldn't destroy it before it knocked him down. The droid raised its blaster but before it could fire, it was sliced in half by a blue blade. A Jedi leaped into the air and brought a blow down on another Commando unit. She turned again, and stabbed another droid which she then Forced into a boulder. She turned, and pulled the trooper up.

"You alright?"

"Yes sir Commander...sir."

"Good. Now get back out there."
Last edited by ChieTheWriter on Mon May 16, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed May 11, 2016 9:30 pm
View Likes
Vellichor says...

Kyp Varga

Commander Varga's Jedi fighter tore through space and debris as the battle raged all around him. The Separatists had formed a blockade to prevent further reinforcements from reaching the ground, and that meant it was only a matter of time before Republic ground forces were either killed off or forced to surrender. Of course, that couldn't be allowed to happen, as both General Kenobi and Commander Rynn were currently fighting on the planet's surface, along with their clone troopers.

The thought of losing Kenobi, or any Jedi for that matter was dire. I will not let that happen. Kyp thought. Activating his comms, Commander Varga spoke out to the clone pilots fighting all around him. "Listen up! If we're going to break through this blockade and save those soldiers down there, we need to regroup and hit them hard, no mercy! Those droids may have numbers on their side, but we have brains. Fall back and converge on my fighter. Fighter configuration Delta 1103! We're going to spear those vultures!"

Kyp pulled back hard on his fighter controls, and the ship rocketed backwards, narrowly missing a group of droid trifighters, which he then destroyed with three well-timed shots, sending the droids crashing into the Separatist command ship in a massive ball of flame. Kyp straightened up as his men fell in behind him, ARC-170 starfighters and V-wings falling into formation for a final push. "Now!!" Kyp hit the throttle and his blasters as the group surged forwards. Explosions rocked his Jedi fighter as fighters, droid and clone alike were demolished around him, but still they pressed on. In a sudden counterattack, a group of vulture droids came hurtling around the Separatist command ship, headed straight for the Republic fighter squadron. "Tighten up, boys! We've got incoming!" Clone Sergeant Jac whooped through the comms and Kyp smiled. The two had been through a lot in the previous months, and they had become close friends. "Jac! I'ave got an idea... Do you know what I'm thinking?" Kyp added a bit of mischief to his voice, and the clone laughed. "I think I do, sir. I've got your six, go for it!"

The Jedi spun his fighter then suddenly as Jac and the other troopers pulled back. Kyp shot forwards like an arrow, headed straight into the droid fighter cluster. The vultures clearly had trouble then calculating a new attack strategy as the Jedi fighter flew right through the group. The fighters attempted to turn around then, but Kyp was faster on the draw, and by the time the vultures had come around, they were looking straight into the waiting blaster ports of a Jedi fighter.

In the following minutes, the Separatist fighters were all but eradicated, and it wasn't long before Republic capital ships were appearing from hyperspace, the Separatist ships doing the same but in the opposite direction. Soon, Ryloth was surrounded almost solely by Republic ships and Kyp was back onboard a capital ship with Jac, readying his troops to head down to the planet below. The Jedi quickly checked his lightsabers and blasters before placing them on his belt and in their holsters, then brought his comm to his face. "Commander Rynn, do you copy? This is Varga. The blockade over Ryloth has been broken, expect reinforcements very soon. Give General Kenobi my regards in case I miss him."

With this, Kyp closed the comms and stepped into the LAAT/i, followed by Jac and his troops. The doors slid shut and moments later, the group was headed for the surface of Ryloth.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat May 14, 2016 9:31 pm
AkeliaTaske says...

I stood on the gunship entering Ryloth, my Captain and small squad standing next to me. With these 8 clones, and a Jedi on board, our pilot was very cautious and the landing spot. We were coming up from the rear of the Separatist base, and coming in for a surprise attack.

From where I stood, I watched the land on Ryloth wiz by me as we swooped in. Hook, my Captain, noticed my obvious tension. "Are you alright Sir? You don't look to good."

I smiled, hoping to reassure the Captain. "I'm fine Hook. Just...a little tired."

"Were you up all night again? Sir, you know how General Skywalker feels about that." He responded.

"Eh, I don't care at the moment."

At that moment, I felt a sudden force hit the ship. "WE'RE GOING DOWN!!" Our pilot yelled, trying to gain control of the steering. No good. We were about to make contact with the ground.

"Everyone hang on!" I yelled, bracing for impact. Sure enough, the gunship hit the ground with brutal force. But my team was the best of the best, at least in my opinion, and they were ready for it. Only Dino, my only ARC trooper, flew across the gunship. Everyone else held on.

The gunship rolled over and finally came to a stop, upside down.

((uh, someone going to reply?))
Ah oui oui, mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette!
The Lancelot of the revolutionary set!
I came from afar just to say "Bonsoir!"
Tell the king, “Casse-toi!” Who's the best? C’est moi!

-Lafayette (Hamilton)

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 am
Chaser says...

Triverr Lannslaught

Triverr screamed as a crimson bolt of blaster fire seared through his right hand. The severed fingers dropped into the dust, the mechanical digits sparking and frying. Triverr stomped on them, glaring at the advancing droids.

There was no longer any doubt: Triverr was furious.

“Ataru!” he roared, igniting his lightsaber and charging into the fray. He leaped, his azure blade humming through the air. Seven battle droids suddenly found themselves headless, and they fell to the ground like dominoes. No sooner did they fall than Triverr had moved on, cutting swaths of molten metal through the frontline.

Blaster fire erupted the ground in around him, and he stopped, grimacing. A row of super battle droids had their wrist cannons locked onto him, their blue-grey faces sneering coldly.

The Vahla ground the dust with his heel, raising his blade. “Shien!” As the droids fired, his saber blurred around him, riposting each bolt as it came. Each one flew back into the chest of its owner, and the super battle droids collapsed in a heap of sparks.

“Ataru!” Triverr leaped into the air again, mutilating droids left and right with ruthless slashes. The fury of Form IV flooded through his veins, the lightsaber whirling across the battlefield. His brown cloak flared around him, the Padawan an invincible blur.

Until a cluster of blaster fire shredded into his legs, peppering his clothes with flame. Triverr dropped hard, the curved lightsaber rolling from his grasp. The battle droids marched forward, training their guns on his prone body.

“Triverr!” A pulse of green cut through the battlefield, slicing into his opponents. The Jedi’s tentacles whipped in the wind as he moved, his saber dancing through the droids’ midsections. Blasting the rest away with the Force, he raised a hand towards Triverr’s lightsaber, willing it into his own grasp. Triverr faintly felt two hands lifting him up, raising him into his master’s arms as they fled from the battlefield.

Jostled slightly by the terrain of the warzone, Triverr looked up. His master was a middle-aged, green-skinned Nautolan, with tentacles sprouting from his head and reaching down his shoulders. He was a well-respected Jedi Knight, known for his laid-back smile even in the worst of battles. And in this moment, his scorched legs aside, Triverr knew that he had erred severely.

Because as they ran from the chaos of battle, Kit Fisto was not smiling.

-------------------

Triverr sat in the cave with his back against the wall, levitating a pebble between his fingers as the medic bandaged his legs. Lying around him were a dozen injured clone troopers, all glaring at the wounded Padawan.

Fisto had dumped him off at the medical base without a word, seeming much too tired to engage in a lecture. Instructing the clone medic to treat his burns, the Nautolan had dashed back into battle, taking Triverr’s lightsaber with him. This left the young Vahla to brood in the dusty cave base, listening to the laser inferno rage outside.

“I saw a bit of your light-show from the cave. Way to stand up for us, champ. Unfortunately, you won’t be standing up for anything else anytime soon.” To top it all off, the medic was particularly smart-mouthed.

“My orders were to support the frontline,” Triverr growled, a flick of his fingers sending the pebble shooting past the clone’s head, into the opposite wall.

The medic didn’t flinch. “And that you did, brave boy. That you did. Now, please sit back and relax; this will hurt a lot.” No sooner had the clone medic said this than raw, chilling pain lanced through Triverr’s legs. The polar opposite of the heat of his burns, it turned every bone in his body to writhing ice, raking him with discomfort. The Padawan hissed loudly, hitting his head back against the cave wall. His broken mechanical hand had begun to short-circuit, causing torturous spasms up his right arm.

“Steady, steady…” the medic said, moving some kind of drill with blue light sparking from the tip. “Nearly there…almost got it...whoops. Hope that's not vital.”

He looked up at Triverr, grinning. “Kidding. Healing’s all done, kid.” The bright agony in Triverr’s legs cut out, and the boy gasped, slumping back.

Stowing the drill and spare bandages into his small bag, the medic stood up. “Don’t walk anywhere for at least an hour, avoid rigorous physical activity for a few days, and your legs should be good as new, compliments of the Republic.”

The clone smirked at him, the replicated face filled with guile. “By the way, the name’s Percy. CT-2012, in case you want to recommend me for my impeccable service.”

Triverr stared down at his legs, now wrapped in cloth before him. “Thank you,” he said, as low as courtesy would allow.

Percy hiked up the medical bag on his shoulder, turning to tend to the other troops. “Don’t mention it, Commander,” he replied, making a gung-ho salute with his fingers.

A stray bolt of blaster fire landed near the cave entrance, making a pit in the hard stone. Triverr ignored it, leaning back against the wall.

He sighed. His master had left him alone, mainly because they both knew what he had done wrong. He’d been too reckless, charging in heedless of the chaotic crossfire. “You need to have more respect for your enemies,” his master had told him upon several occasions. “What they lack in individual strength, they make up for in coordination and numbers.

I don’t have time to poke my blade at droids,” Triverr had always responded. “The least they can do is become practice targets.

Practice for what?” Fisto would reply, frowning.

At that point, they would both stop talking, for again, both of them knew what he meant.

“Grievous.” The word slipped from Triverr’s lips, resonating in the small cave. The name of the ruthless Jedi hunter, the mighty droid general. A murderer of countless Jedi, collector of their weapons.

Percy looked up from bandaging a trooper’s arm. “What about him?”

There was no passion, no anger in Triverr’s voice as he responded, “I’ll kill him.” It came out a nonchalant comment, a simple matter of absolute fact.

And for once, Percy didn’t mock the boy. He simply nodded, swallowed, and turned back to his work. The cave was silent but for the sounds of endless, righteous war burgeoning outside.
Last edited by Chaser on Mon May 16, 2016 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

58 Reviews

Mon May 16, 2016 2:09 am
AkeliaTaske says...

Akelia

I layed in a heap of wreckage, my arm caught beneath a large piece of blasted metal. Beside me, Hook held my arm tight, making sure I didn't fall off of them little ledge we had before the large ravine. My whole squad, Dino, Check, Duck, Bunker, Bomber, Trip, and our pilot, Slyde, was still alive. Barely.

Bomber, my personal favorite of the squad, pulled himself from the large heap of metal. He turned and saw Slyde was doing the same thing from the pilot's seat. Slyde gave a cheezy grin and pulled his helmet over his bald, tattooed head.

"Sir, are you alright?" Dino asked me, pulling himself over the scrap heap. I just nodded and reached for my left saber with my free arm, pulling it up to me. I activated it and brought it up to my arm, allowing me to cut through the metal. In a matter of seconds, I had my scorched, cut arm free. Dino shook his head. "Sir, you never cease to amaze me on your constant wound and live issue."

"Guess I'm lucky." I responded, smiling. Suddenly, I heard a yelp come from the other side of the scrapped gunship. Sure enough, as to my thoughts, Duck and Bunker, our squad's version of the evil twins, were attempting to get themselves out.

"Uh...Check! We need help!" They yelled at the same time. Check, our snobby teacher's pet kind of clone, shook his head.

"You two..."

-Lafayette (Hamilton)

75 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2016 4:22 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Chie Rynn

Two blue sabers flashed through the laser blasts as the Jedi padawan advanced in front of the droids. "I hope Varga will get here soon..." she thought as her saber slashed through another droid,

"Commander Rynn!" a voice came from over her comm. "We're being pushed back! The droid defenses are too strong! We..." that was all she heard when the comm went static.

"Oh come on!" growled her irritated voice as she flipped a switch on her comm, trying to get it to work. "Dang!" She drove one of her sabers into a Commando droid behind her. "Men!" She shouted, "Fall back!" The squad that was left immediately obeyed and backed up towards the boulders. A red blaze shot past, only centimeters from Chie's head. She flipped up in the air, and came down hard on two Super-battle droids. She tried to cover the retreat for the troopers; using Form IV. A droid flew into the side of a large rock as Chie pushed it with the force. She jumped back, and landed where her troopers were still blasting.

"Men, we're going to have to fall back till the reinforcements get here. I just hope General Varga gets here before we're blasted into the next system."

"Cody!" A shout came from across the battlefield. "Cody! Over here!" The yell was drowned out by another explosion. A clone trooper with gold markings on his armor made his way to where the shout came from. "This is all crazy." he thought as another bomb went off. He had reached the crumbled walls of the ransacked Twi'lek village. "Where's the General..." that's when he saw a bright blue blade flash back and forth through the flying debris and dust. Cody ran forward. In a moment he was by his General's side.

"Yes General!?" Cody yelled, as he took down a droid with his blaster,

"Cody, I need you to take some men and get the Twi'lek's out of here! There's another exit in the back; use that one! I'll hold off the droids as long as I can, so hurry!" The Jedi deflected a blast.

"Yes sir General Kenobi!" With that, Cody raced off, shouting to his fellow troopers.

Kenobi lashed out his saber, and blocked another blast. He was counting on help arriving soon. He doubted he could hold off this many droids for much longer. There was a roar of engines as a ship zoomed overhead. Reinforcements? Not by a long shot. The ship made a pass close to the ground and something...something leaped out. It disappeared for a moment. Then, out of the swirling dust, ejected a blue blade. Obi-Wan hoped, that possibly it was help. Another blade shot out; this time green. No, definitely not help. Two more flashed came out of the dusty cloud. Another blue, and another green. The four sabers were followed by a silhouette; a tall, dark shape that outlined the form of Separatist leader, General Grievous.

58 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2016 6:38 pm
AkeliaTaske says...

Akelia Taske

Me and my men both ran and trudged across the ground. My legs ached pretty bad, as did my arm, but when you're in war for so long, you learn to suck it up. From beside me, Check and Bomber aimed their weapons at incoming droids. My hands flew to my lightsabers and grabbed them, pressing the activation buttons. The twin blue blades flew up, deflecting two incoming shot blasts.

"Bunker! You and Duck get the grenades! Sneak around the back rocks and try to thin them out!" Hook yelled. Bunker nodded and motioned to Duck, who had already heard the orders. In a matter of seconds, the two had disappeared behind the rocks.

"Commander Rynn! Commander Rynn!" Slyde, our pilot, yelled into the comm. All that reached his was static. He changed the frequency and tried again. "General Kenobi! Do you read me? General Skywalker!" All he got was the same response. "No can do Sir! All the comm's are either off or jammed!"

"Frakk! Just what we need!" Hook responded. Suddenly, he rolled over, just as an incoming Jedi flipped and slid in next to him behind the cover. I took a deep breath and gave Slyde a cheesy grin. Then, around two seconds later, bombs went off.

"WHOOHOO!!" we heard Duck and Bunker yell. Slyde grinned back from underneath his helmet as he watched me jump back over the rocks. Trip took my place.

"Sir! I believe I've found away around the clankers! We just need a distraction!" The blind clone stated. That was all Hook needed in order to form a plan inside his head. His helmet turned in Bomber and Check's direction.

"Bomber! Check!" Activate the smoke grenades!" Bomber and Check, who were absolute opposites, nodded in union and ducked low, brining out their backpacks. Their hands came out, filled with smaller grenades. Hook gave the signal, and the two threw them in the direction of the droids. As expected, the bombs went off on impact. Smoke filled the air and the firing began to slow, but not stop.

"Commander...time to go." I heard Hook whisper, and I immediately turned toward him, beginning to run along with him. Silently, as per their training, my boys regrouped, and followed Trip's leading. His echo-location in his helmet brought us through the smoke and out of the tight ravine. We climbed up using rocks and trees, finally coming up to the surface. The droids hadn't even noticed us. And now, time to regroup.

"Alright men, let's move out. From last time I heard the orders, General Skywalker was headed toward the east side. Now, assuming he actually follows the orders for once, I hope he'll still be there. Let's go!" A couple chuckles were heard from a few of the boys, followed by Check growling.

We began to head off towards a couple of hills, and in the direction of east. Suddenly, I saw a ship fly over head...a ship I knew wasn't ours. And considering it's markings, I knew it was of importance. Suddenly, a realization hit me. "Grievous..."

-Lafayette (Hamilton)

42 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 2:28 am
Vellichor says...

Kyp Varga

The Jedi and his troops had only just cleared the atmosphere when comms went dead and their ears were filled with static. "Jac, what's going on?!" Kyp yelled over the din. "Comms are down, Commander! The Separatists must have a jammer on the ground!"

The Jedi had to keep himself from swearing. "Take us down to Commander Rynn's last known position! If a jammer has been activated, the Separatists have to be planning something!" The pilot nodded and the ship lurched as their descent quickened. I only hope we're not too late...

Kyp closed his eyes and placed a hand on his temple, reaching out with the Force. "Commander Rynn, General Kenobi, help is on the way. Hold on just a little longer." There was a sudden crash, and the Jedi's concentration was shattered as the dropship touched down. "Go go go!!!" Jac yelled, blaster fire shrieking through the air as the doors slid open. The troopers followed their Commander through the dust and opened fire on the droids' outlines in the chaos. "Commander Rynn!!!!" Kyp screamed, his voice amplified by the Force. "Commander Rynn, where are you?!!?"

Commander Varga ignited one of his two saberstaffs and began twirling the blade this way and that, droid after droid falling prey to the flashing plasma. He pressed forwards, the troopers they had reinforced pushing along with him, Jac right beside the Jedi. Finally, flashes of blue could be seen through the dust and blaster fire.

"Troopers! Over there!" The Jedi pointed the end of his yellow blade in the direction of the blue lightsaber. "Get to Commander Rynn! We'll regroup with her and her troops! Move!" With that, Kyp sprinted forwards, followed by the Clones, all the while deflecting droid blaster fire and cutting through the metal soldiers.

"Commander! I hope we aren't too late. How many troops are left with you?" Varga looks around in puzzlement. "Where is General Kenobi?"
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

58 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 3:49 am
AkeliaTaske says...

Akelia Taske

The young Jedi charged forward, jumping onto the rocks. She pulled out her twin sabers, and activated them, bringing them up to deflect blaster fire. Around her, her squad came forward and went on the offensive.

Suddenly, Akelia felt something. Something she hadn't felt something in a long time. A force presence, of someone she knew very well and cared for very much. "Kyp..." she murmured, realizing that her long time friend was there.

(Sorry for the Short paragraph)

-Lafayette (Hamilton)

75 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 5:51 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Chie

Chie looked to her left and saw a yellow flash of a saber. "Varga." She thought. As the Jedi made his way towards her, Chie felt something hot graze her right arm. She cried out as the laser burnt her. Kyp shouted and charged forward again, taking down droids. "Commander!" A shout came from Zip, the medic in Chie's squad. Chie winced, de-activated one of her sabers, and leaped back out into the fight; using her left hand. Then Kyp was there. The Jedi impaled a droid, and flung it to the ground.

"Commander! I hope we aren't too late. How many troops are left with you?" Varga looked around in puzzlement. "Where is General Kenobi?" (ChildOfWriting)

Chie ducked behind another boulder with Kyp. "Master...he's with...the rest...of the 212th." She inhaled deeply trying to catch her breath. "He's rescuing...the Twi'lek hostages."

At that moment, a 212th trooper appeared at Chie's side. "Commander, let me get your arm." he said. Chie could hardly hear him through the explosions and blasting. "I'm fine Zip!" She yelled over the noise to Zip, "I don't have time for injuries!"

"That's why you're always in medbay!" He shouted, but Chie had joined Varga back on the battlefield. Zip facepalmed his helmet.

Obi-Wan Kenobi glanced back at the retreating clones and the fleeing Twi'leks, but all the while keeping an eye on the advancing cyborg. There was a roar of rage, and out of the dust cloud, came the Separatist general.

"Master Kenobi. So good to see you." He spun his sabers around so that the sabers looked like four, flashing blurs.

"I'm sure that feeling will be short-lived," was Obi-Wan's answer, as his saber glowed through the dust.

Chie fought back the droids alongside Kyp. The droids were now the ones to retreat, as the two Jedi and the advancing clones led the attack. Chie now had a bandage on her arm, for Zip had caught up to her and wrapped her burn. She was now using both lightsabers. Suddenly, her comm bleeped.

"Chie, I'm having a bit of a problem." came Obi-Wan's voice over the comm, "I need you at these coordinates...." The comm line went static.

"Master? Master!" Chie shouted. "Great."

Kyp saw the form of Chie race from the battlefield. "Oh no."

58 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 6:20 pm
View Likes
AkeliaTaske says...

Akelia Taske

"Chie! CHIE!!" the padawan screamed, running towards her friend. No use, she couldn't get her attention. Several more bomb blasts came, but none other than that. The droids were on full out retreat. Suddenly, a thought hit her. "Men! Down to the village! NOW!"

"Yes Sir!" Came the united response. As one, the charged down the hill, Akelia in front. She had figured it out. Everything. The droids had been sent as a distraction to draw the Jedi and Troopers away from the towns. All the mean while, Grievous and his clones were going to ship out and kill the hostages!

"We have to hurry!" she yelled. Seconds passed by, felt like days. The village was now within sight. And...so was a whole blockade of droids. "Oh...frakk."

"SIR! TAKE COVER!" Hook yelled, shoving Akelia into the small ditch that lined the village. She hit the ground, dust flying into her mouth and eyes. The blockade droids opened fire, drawing the attention of the rear droids.

Little did the small squad know it, but they had opened up an opportunity. Two clones, from the inside of the village, watched as they snuck behind the blockade. Their orange clad armor identified them as...Waxer and Boil. Two of the best clones in the 212th. And...someone was with them.

Bomber snatched the last grenade in the backpack, and pulled the pin. Throwing it, it blew up about half of the droids, but not all of them. Unfortunately, this had scared Waxer's and Boil's little friend.

"Ssh, calm down..." Waxer soothed, trying to calm down the crying Twie'lik. Little Numa tried to listen to her friend, but the explosion had scared her.

From about 25 feet away, Akelia sensed a few more familiar presences. And, one different. She had also heard a small cry. She peeked up from the ditch, wiping the dirt out of her eyes. Looking closely, she saw two clones and the small girl, in deep trouble. The droids had figured out they were trying to slip by.

"Waxer! Cover her!" Boil ordered his buddy, standing protectively in front of them. The droids turned to them, surrounding them. That gave Akelia a chance.

"Clones. Kill them." One droid ordered. The droids aimed their blasters at them, and were about to shoot, when... They fell to the ground, in pieces. Where they had stood, now stood a Jedi friend.

"Waxer, Boil. Good to see you." She said, smiling.

"Whew, thanks Commander. For a second there, I thought we were gonners." Waxer sighed, getting up. But little Numa grabbed onto his leg, trying to hide from the new, dirt covered Jedi.

"Ssh, it's OK little one. I'm here to help." Akelia said, kneeling down to her eye level. Numa hid, but looked out at Akelia curiously. "Yeah, that's it. I'm a friend." Suddenly, she heard incoming droids. Big ones.

"Droidicas!" Duck and Bunker said at the same time, aiming their blasters at the streetway. Akelia immediately pulled out her sabers, and got in postion. Sure enough, droidicas came. And...a huge tank.

-Lafayette (Hamilton)

42 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 10:24 pm
Vellichor says...

Kyp Varga

Once the two Jedi had rendezvoused, they fought their way forwards until the droids finally began to pull back. Suddenly, there was a voice from Chie's commlink. "Chie, I'm having a bit of a problem." That sounds like Master Kenobi... "I need you at these coordinates..." The Master's voice degraded into static again, though, before he could complete his message.

"Commander Rynn, wait!" Kyp shouted after the Jedi as she flew from the battlefield. "Where are you going!? We don't know where Master Kenobi even is!!" But it was no use, the Jedi had run too fast and soon her silhouette was lost in the flying dust, debris and blaster fire.

Varga sighed and turned back to the dwindling fighting, directing the remaining troops forwards. We need to find that jammer and put an end to this farce. If we can't exchange troop movements, we might as well be blind... "Jac! Take the troopers down into the village and secure the houses. Search the buildings and fins that jammer." He pauses. "No, wait. Jac, the hostages are our very first priority. Search the buildings and make sure no one gets hurt."

Suddenly, Kyp fell to his knees as a concussive force blasts through his mind. A ripple in the Force fells the Jedi. Master Kenobi and Chie are in trouble... but who...? His eyes grow involuntarily wide. Grievous.

Commander Varga stands silently and reaches once more for his blade. This time, four shafts of light, two yellow and two purple, burst from the twin hilts of his saberstaffs. "Jac..." Kyp speaks into his comm. "Let me know when the village has been cleared. I'm going after Commander Chie and General Kenobi.... Grievous is here..." He again while his words sunk in. "Sir-" Kyp cut off his friend.

"Call in Kit."

There was a sharp intake of breath as Jac registered his words. "But sir! He..... Kit is a loose canon! We can't-"

"Do it, Jac. If Greivous is here, something big is going down and we can't afford to let the General escape again. Call him in, just make sure Someone else comes with him. Take the dropship back up and call in another Jedi as well." With that, Kyp disappeared into dust and only the glow if his blades were visible for any longer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CT-1138 "Jac"

As soon as the Jedi's words filtered through the commlink, the Clone Sergeant thought he had heard wrong. Call in Kit? He's a raging psychopath.... Killing civilians and droids alike.... Of course, his record was impressive, but..... innocent lives were almost always lost when the trooper was allowed to operate with impunity... The only Jedi that psycho ever listens to.... The trooper nodded to himself before waving his hand at the pilot who was at the ready. "Take us back up to the ship. We need to get out of range of that jammer to call in reinforcements."
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

58 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2016 6:02 pm
AkeliaTaske says...

Akelia Taske

Clanks of incoming droids sounded throughout the entire street, and was unmistakable. From behind the wall of the last building on the street, Akelia ducked down against the wall, her sabers in her hands, at the ready to be activated. Behind her, stood her squad. Aiming his blaster to the side, Hook watched and waited for the clankers, while Check tried to get the comm back on. The rest of the small squad stood ready.

"Little one, get behind me..." Waxer whispered to Numa, standing in front of her. She obeyed immediately, hiding behind his armored leg. Silence then took place, all except for the droids marching. Clank...clank...clank....

Akelia watched, and brought her sabers up even higher. If they were going down, they were going down with a fight. As the droids passed, it came to her surprise that the droids didn't notice the small band of clones and Jedi, but instead kept marching. At least, for the moment.

"Commander Taske! You and your squad have been ordered to regroup with the rest of the troops at the following coordinates. Take action..." The incoming blast came from Check's comm, and all the rest of the comm's. The passing droids heard the noise, and turned to the cause.

"Oh..." Akelia mumbled, backing up in a defense postion. The droids took the attack stance. "Frakk..."

-Lafayette (Hamilton)

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon May 23, 2016 12:52 am
Chaser says...

CT-2012 / Percy

Percy was just finishing a little improvised transplant when the trooper stumbled into the cave, leaning heavily against the wall. A huge laser turret dropped from his hand, nearly falling on the Padawan. “Medic,” the clone croaked, before collapsing to the ground.

“H-hey!” Percy’s hands whirled to finish bandaging his patient, accidentally mummifying him as the clone medic stood up. Percy dashed to the fallen trooper, removing his helmet and propping him up against the wall. The clone’s navy-blue armor had been blackened and charred by blaster fire; there was a particularly large explosion of ash at the center of his chest, cracks breaking from the point of impact.

Percy’s eyes widened in horror; then he grinned. “Really, Beetle?” he guffawed, shaking his head. “A rocket launcher?”

Half-conscious, the trooper managed a small smirk. “They were...well-prepared. My armor protected me from the worst of it.” He thumped his chest appreciatively. “I’ll have to thank the Republic yet again.”

“Pssh. They only custom-make it for you because you’re such an enormous target.” Despite being cloned from the same genetic material as the entire army, Beetle was a full head taller than every other troop, and twice as muscular, too.

“I am an abnormality, and I accept that fact.” Beetle nodded his head, eyes closed.
“Yeah, but you’re the awesome kind of abnormality. A monster of butt-kicking. Some curse that is.” Percy removed the blue armor, feeling the trooper’s bruised chest. “Whoo! Guess how many ribs you broke!”

Beetle winced, gears turning slowly in his head. “Five?”

The medic reached into his purse, producing bandages and a pill. “Well, double that, multiply by zero, and add eight. Eight ribs, Beetle. Something like this would take a normal trooper out for a week.”

“And for me?”

He shrugged. “Give it five minutes, tops.” Percy reached around Beetle’s waist, looping bandages over the purplish bruises. Once he’d wrapped up the major wounds, he held up the pill. “Swallow this. It’ll help heal your bones, courtesy of the Republic.”

“Ah.” Beetle popped the pill into his mouth, quickly swallowing. “A healing pill?” he asked.

Percy shook his head. “Calcium supplement. It’s an ancient Jedi technique called, ‘nutrition.’”

“Hm.” Beetle laid back, his head resting against the wall. He began to nod off as the medicine took effect, snoozing in a Ryloth cave while full-blown war raged outside. Funny, how the most powerful trooper in their legion could be so peaceful, like a sun-blessed forest.

The mummified clone’s comlink went off, releasing the chatter of slightly-garbled commands into the cave. Percy paid no attention, watching over his old friend.

He and Beetle had been acquaintances since their training, where Beetle had spent countless extra hours in the weights room, developing his ridiculous physique. Percy, meanwhile, had admired smuggled music players, eventually installing them throughout the facility to serenade the troops with full-blast Gungan death metal.

By some miracle of bribery, Percy had graduated as a medic, whereas Beetle became a celebrated vanguard cadet. As if to balance out their qualities, they’d been assigned to the same legion. The troopers usually served under General Kit Fisto; they had dubbed themselves the “Fisto Justice” in honor of this.

“One more thing,” Beetle said, his eyes opening as he recalled it. “General Fisto’s ambush has failed. The enemy was more powerful than anticipated.”

“Yeah, yeah, rocket launchers, I know.” Percy was busy packing his supplies, head down.

“No.” The medic looked up as Beetle continued. “The droids themselves were not the issue. We have suffered some...shall we say, grievous casualties.”

Percy’s hand flew up, clamping over Beetle’s mouth before he could say anything more. “Careful, careful. I get you. And that’s need-to-know intel, best reserved for the emotionally stable. That said, don’t say it again.”

Making sure the vanguard understood, Percy removed his hand, picking up his purse again. “And speaking of people who shouldn’t say things, how are you, Command….” His witticism died off, dread dropping into the pit of his stomach.

Triverr was gone from his seat by the cave entrance. Worse, so was Beetle’s laser turret.

“Mm! Mm!” Immediately, Percy marched over to the mummified clone, ripping the bandages from his mouth. The clone gasped, sucking in the fresh air.

Remembering the comlink from before, Percy hoisted the trooper by the collar. “What did that transmission say?” he interrogated, a dark expression quickly falling over him.

“Sending for backup,” the clone repeated, stammering wide-eyed in shock. “Grievous is here. Sending for backup.”

“Of course.” Percy shoved the immobilized trooper back, and he tripped against the wall, falling flat on his face. Grabbing his medical purse, the medic headed for the back of the cavern, disappearing into the darkness. Moments later, an engine flared, and Percy’s specialized hover-segway shot out of the darkness, driving full-pelt into the laser-storm outside.

“Stupid kid,” he muttered, jamming his helmet on and revving the segway to maximum velocity.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan