Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood College Prep: Senior Year

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:24 am
Nike says...

Philip Masterson
Spoiler! :
@NicoleBri @Gravity READ THE POST THOROUGHLY BEFORE SAYING ANYTHING. Philip isn't sure what he wants, but he knows he needs to fix things, patch them up. And he needs answers. He's very aware that he fucks up.

I felt like my old self again, fucking around and not giving any fucks. That's until reality decided to tell me 'hello' half way through. My phone rang just as Colette was orgasming. I was going to continue, but then there was another.

I was panting. She was panting. Sweat was dripping from our bodies but all I wanted to do was lick it off of her. Her skin was so soft, I have never felt anything like it. She reeked of European and I loved it. Her French accent made chills spread all over my body. She'd be speaking French as we fucked.

It did not matter what she said, the fact that I made her say it made me smile.

"You can just pretend you lost your phone." Colette whispered as I pulled away.

I shook my head, wiping the back of my hand against my forehead. "No, they sound persistent."

Picking up the phone, I saw a random number blink on the screen. I just hit decline and then saw a text message appear on my home screen. It was from Isabelle. My heart stopped as I read the message.

Can you meet at Starbucks? I miss you like hell.

She must be there already. She doesn't just send something like that and wait until I reply. Fuck.

"Cole, I... I gotta go." I jumped up off the bed and head straight for the shower.

"You're just gonna leave me high and dry here?" she called after me.

"Well, you could just join me."

She came up from behind me and wrapped her arms around my stomach. I felt her boobs against my back, she was a shortie. I turned around and picked her up, her legs wrapped around my waist. Our lips met and fire spread through my veins.

She was naked. I was naked. And yet, nothing else mattered.

I carried her into the bathroom, starting up the shower as she kissed my neck. Chills flew down my spine as she licked my skin.

"You can put me down," Colette said.

Our eyes met and I walked with her still in my arms to the wall of the shower. Water fell onto us, hot water streaming down our heads, all over our bodies. I lowered her, but kept her gripped in my arms.

"I could fuck you all day Colette," I licked my lips.

"I'm gonna go then. You can stay, or you can go. Your choice. I gotta meet up with someone," I told Colette.

She was splayed over my bed in her dress from earlier today. There was a devious smile on her face that played with my mind. But I couldn't go at her again, no matter how good she was. My breath caught in my throat as reality started setting in. I tried to push it out, but there was always that fleeting thought, you slept with Rupert's ex, again. Isabelle dumped you after having a miscarriage. She had your baby...

I swallowed hard and slid on my leather jacket, knowing it'd be chillier outside.

"Colette, can you promise me something?" I asked.

"Going soft on me Mister Masterson? That's a first." She winked.

I smirked, unable to hide how impressed I was. "I need you to stop sleeping with me. It's for your own good." Her face went serious as she sat up. "You love Rupert, you really do trust me. And he loves you. I'm sure that it'll be difficult, but you can get back together. As for me? I love Isabelle. She dumped me, and I'm using you. You deserve better."

"I want this." Colette replied sternly, somehow turning me on. "I want this sex Philip. I'm not into you, I'm using you too."

Honestly, I could fuck her right now. And everything in me was preventing me from doing so. I took a deep breath and I knew how much I wanted to fuck her showed by the way she started to smirk at me. My face felt hot, I actually felt hot all over.

Nothing was more hotter than someone using you as you were using them. There was no limits then. You could sleep together all you wanted, how you wanted, and no strings.

"Fuck me," I huffed.

"Gladly," Colette purred.

I took another deep breath and shook my head. "I've gotta go. We can't do this. Promise me I won't see you again in these circumstances. Please Colette." I paused. "I'm begging you,"

She stood up from my bed and approached me, causing my heart to spasm. Her hands traced my face causing sparks to fly through my body.

"Beg more Philip," She whispered as our eyes met.

I pulled her hands away from my face. "No Cole, absolutely not. This is done. Go the fuck home." I hissed. Her expression faltered from seductive to serious once again, her smirk fading. "You still have a chance."

Her arms were still in my hands and I gripped them a little tighter, noticing how emotional I was getting. "You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be with someone that loves you. And fuck, so do I. So this is it, done."

I let her go and walked out of my room.

Pulling into the Starbucks parking lot, the moon was high above me, shining down. MAX was playing on my radio, telling me that he was only looking at me even though there were ten Victoria's Secret models in the room. I shut off the car and took some deep breaths.

Isabelle was there. She was waiting for me. What if she wanted me back? Will she tell me about that baby? How did she have a baby? I thought we were always safe.

I hopped out, letting the cool wind blow against me. I walked into the shop and ordered a Latte from a Barista. The coffee stench filled my nostrils as I looked over the cafe. That is when I saw Isabelle sitting just by the window, on her phone. I swallowed hard, feeling my heart racing.

"Latte with whip," A Barista called at the pick-up station. I walked over and grabbed it, mumbling a thanks.

Walking over to Isabelle's table, I drank some of my coffee. She looked up, as if having a radar on me. Our eyes met and I felt my breathing stop. I sat down across from her and was able to breathe again.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi," She replied, looking away.

There was a moment of awkward silence. She wasn't going to speak, she already spoke.

"You were pregnant... why didn't you tell me?" I asked, going for it.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:49 am
Nike says...

Rupert Franz

I had decided to let it all go. If Philip was with Colette, go figure. This was high school. People always went fro relationship to relationship. Hormones were running high in everyone, so everyone wanted sex. Everyone wanted to try everyone. Is the nerd good in bed? Or is that hot bod chick better? And it was Philip, he can't go away from his fuck boy antics just like Chuck Bass, no matter how badly he wanted to --no matter how far he steered away from it, he went back full loop.

I was at school, choosing my classes for Senior Year. It was a month until school was back in session, so I needed to choose quickly or else everything would fill up.

"All good Mr. Franz?" Our school secretary Louise asked me.

I smiled at her, "Yup,"

You could hear the staff typing on their computers, getting things ready for school. I leaned over the counter and handed her my request form and left.

"Hey," I was dialing up Merrick on the phone and he answered.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Coffee in an hour?"

Spoiler! :
@AlmondEyes no idea what to write tbh

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:53 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Sebastian

"All right ladies! I don't got all day! Birklan, your form is off. Use your legs, not just your arms, you'll use more force! Grayson! I've seen better form on our debate team!" I walked around the pitch, watching as the guys went through their warmups. I glanced at my watch and whistled really loud. That was the signal for everybody to gather around me.

"Allright gents, school starts in a month, so, we only have four more of our offseason practices. Season isn't until Spring, but that doesn't mean I don't expect you guys to say in shape and up to the level I need you at." I looked them all in the eye and grinned." This is our year boys. Let's make it happen." There was a cheer as the entire squad broke off for the showers. I followed behind them, catching up with Luke, who was checking his phone anxiously.

Kyle bumped into him from behind, a towel wrapped around his waist." What's the word my good friend?" He said playfully, poking Luke in the ribs." Oh you didn't hear? Luke's sister is coming today. He's got manservant duty." I said with a grin, pulling off my shirt.

Kyle's eyes lit up." Delilah? With the." He made a gesture over his chest and chuckled as Luke took a swipe at him. We laughed for a good bit. As perverted as Kyle was, he wasn't serious. Delilah was like our older sister. She was a great girl, studying medicine at the University of Texas.

"So why is she coming back?" I asked Luke, who was undressing." Um.. The Gates girl wedding. I guess they had some classes together." Kyle made a face." She got pregnant last year didn't she? Phillip?" I nodded. Kyle chuckled." Man doesn't know how to wrap it up. Still the sleep around type from what I hear."

Luke glanced at me." So what's up with you and the Spainish girl? You guys official or something?" Kyle glanced at me wickedly." You guys having fiestas in the backseat?" He made a couple yipping noises as I hit him in the ribs with my towel." Nothing too serious yet." I answered Luke, taking another swing at Kyle, who retreated to the showers.

I looked at my phone. Still no texts. I shrugged it off, but inside I was a little worried. Had I done something wrong? I made my way to the showers, the thought weighing heavily on my mind.

Afterwards, I was chatting with a couple of the incoming freshman about footwork when Kyle and Luke came up behind me. I waved off the Freshman before making my way to my friends. Kyle made a face." Almy's been looking funny at me all day." He said, glancing behind his back. I followed his gaze to Almy who was at a different part of the parking lot, throwing his gear into his mother's car.

"Do we really need to have him?" Luke asked. I shrugged." He can practice with us. But wether or not he plays or becomes part of the team... Well that's up to the coach. Whatever happens happens." Kyle nodded to himself, looking thoughtful, before walking to his jeep.

Luke cleared his throat." So, with Delilah back in town, and my parents consider you family, we're having dinner tomorrow night, so they asked me to invite you." I smiled and nodded." I'd love too." Luke looked relieved." Oh thank god. I don't want to hear about her school or rich boyfriends anymore than I have too." I laughed to myself as I made my way to my car. I opened the trunk, placing my gym bag inside. Suddenly my eyes were covered.

"Guess who." I heard in a recognizable voice. I smiled broadly, turning around to a familiar face.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:48 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

--Carina--

I had no recollection of giving James my number. Maybe my memory was failing me; maybe I was in some state of denial to my newfound gregariousness; maybe I was just naturally subject to blue-eyed seduction. Whatever the case, his texts were on my phone. I could no longer pretend we were strangers.

Him: Hey Care, you should be my date to Rup's house tonight.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his arrogance. Should I really? I thought. And who the hell was "Rup", anyway? He could be an axe murderer, for all that I knew. All of the people I met seemed to know each other, and I was lost in the left-behind; in the trailing wake of the game of hit-and-run. My guess was that "Rup" was leading the pack, or someone like him. They'd have to be the big fish to be hosting the minnow orgy. I shook my head in disgust, and then in self-pity, realizing that I, myself, was one of the minnows.

I strode into the kitchen, sitting up at the counter and sipping at a Diet Coke. It was a feeling I'd been trying to suppress, but my heartbeat couldn't help but rush at the sight of James's invitation.

Jasmine strolled over to where I'd parked myself, and hopped up onto the counter, legs dangling. She'd been visiting for a few hours now. I watched her take a selfie with pouty lips and then send it to one of her friends over Snapchat. Then she looked at me. "How's that God-awful job going?" she asked, scrutinizing her reflection in the backwards camera.

I sighed, laying my head down on the counter. The marble was cool against my cheek. "It could be worse," I told her honestly.

Jazz reached over and stroked my hair with her long fingers. She was wearing short cotton shorts and a sheer crop top, dark hair pin-straight and lips coated in purple gloss. "Don't be sad, babe," she assured me. "At least you've got that tall hunk you met at the fair, huh?"

"Which one?" I groaned into my elbow.

She gasped and slapped my arm with such force that I yelped, hand flying to the injured shoulder. "You have another and you didn't tell me?" she asked with incredulity, gaping.

"A little gentleness would have been nice," I told her, taking offense to her sudden act of violence. "And no, I don't have another one. It was a joke, Jazz."

She scoffed.

"Riley didn't work out," I told her.

"This is the same exact thing that happened with Brian," Jasmine noted, dismissing me entirely. "He told me a million times, and was like 'I'm totally not seeing anyone else, Jazz, you're a total bitch', and like, I told him I believed him. But you could tell, I mean, he smelled like her perfume."

"Riley didn't work out," I repeated. Suddenly, I couldn't get the thought of him out of my head. The way his body felt against mine, whispering softly in my ear and lips lush against my neck; the way his laugh bubbled up from his stomach when I said something he found funny. My heart lurched in my chest and the lump in my throat grew.

"What was that?" Jasmine asked me, and then nodded, as if she realized what I'd said. "Oh. Well, that's okay. He wasn't that great, anyway."

I shrugged, appreciating her effort to help (however minor). I tried to keep my emotions in check. I glanced at my phone. A message popped up.

James: If you decide you'd like to go you can meet me there. I'm headed there now. I hope to see you. :)

"Who's that?" Jazz asked.

"Guy 2," I told her, making a split-second decision. "Guess I'm going to a party." I got up from my stool, walking towards the door. Jazz's eyes were wide with surprise. "You can stay for as long as you want," I told her. "If I'm not home by midnight, I'm probably dead in some guy named Rup's closet."

Jasmine's hand flew comically to her mouth. "Oh my God!" she exclaimed. "You're going out with Rupert Franz?"

"No," I told her, "with James. At Rup's house."

I was out the door when I heard Jazz squeal over my shoulder, phone clasped between her fingers, "Who are you and what did you do with Carrie?"

The door shut behind me, the night wind breezing past my cheeks. I shivered. I glanced down at my clothes that I hadn't thought to change out of; pocketless jean shorts and the sweatshirt of Jen's that I'd become quite attached to. Goosebumps sprouted up and down my legs. I tried not to think about the impulsive decision I was making (for the second time) and texted James asking about the address. I received a quick response and headed for the sidewalk. As it turned out, this "Rup" guy lived only three doors down.

I timidly entered through the front door of the mansion, stomach roiling with anxiety. This must be a big party--bigger than the one I went to on the boat. How was I going to find James? How was I going to find anybody?

I stepped inside, and all of the blood in my body rushed up to my cheeks. Everyone was dressed in formal clothing. The girls my age were in heels and elegant dresses, and the boys were clad in suits. My stomach churned as--contrary to what I'd expected--I immediately spotted James. He walked out of the living room. He was wearing a stunning black suit. When he caught my eye, his jaw slackened and embarrassment passed over his expression. His eyes landed on my sweatshirt, and he rubbed the back of his neck. Probably not believing that I'd chosen to come this unprepared. I felt like an outsider. I didn't know anybody, and yet I felt all of their eyes burning into me. James; a smoking hot guy with black hair; a blonde girl holding a baby; a woman with cold eyes.

Bile rose in the back of my throat, and I bolted for the door.

Spoiler! :
@NicoleBri save herrr
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:07 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Adrian

1 more day.

The night before, Jessie and I set Hawthorne up with the baby at her house. Her evil Grandmother was gone for the moment and she had agreed to take care of him because Colette was AWOL.

Jessie and I ended up sitting down with her after we dropped off the baby.

"Cole," I paused, "Jess and I are both really worried about you. We wanted to talk to you about the wedding tomorrow."

She waited patiently. "So you're actually going to tell me I'm not qualified to do everything that needs to be done tomorrow simply because you don't like the person I chose to have sex with."

Jessie looked at me with a somewhat uncomfortable expression on her face. "No, it's not that. It's because you betrayed my-" she paused, "our trust."

"Well you don't need to worry about that because Phil cut things off."

"That's not the point!" Jessie said angrily, "The point is-" I put my hand on her knee and gave her a look. The look that said pick your battles. I loved Jessie with all my heart, she would always come first. I would always consult her about any decisions I made, I was prepared to spend the rest of my life with her. But Colette was my cousin and ultimately, my best friend. She was family, and had stuck by me through some of my toughest times. I was not willing to sacrifice her presence in my life and Jessie knew that.

"The point is I'm really disappointed that you would go behind my back like that," she said a little more quietly, "But after tomorrow you and I will be family, so I was hoping we could sort out our differences after the wedding."

"Sure," Cole said simply. "I'll be getting up at 7 am tomorrow morning to greet all the vendors coming to the venue. I will make sure everything is decorated, cooked, and arranged to perfection. The aisle will be magical, the reception incredible and the food," she paused, "simply elegant. This wedding was planned on a budget but I'll be damned if you guys don't get what you paid for."

Even though I wasn't the happiest with Cole's choices in sexual partners, I was extremely relieved that she was there. We weren't going to have a rehearsal dinner or a practice run through until the day of, that simply wasn't in the budget. We needed to get everything right the first time.

"Thank you," Jessie said. She looked at the time and saw it was 9:00. "We should start getting ready for bed."

I hugged Colette goodnight and then Jessie and I headed back to our room.

"We both need to shower before tomorrow," she said, "You first?"

"Me first? Why don't we save water and shower together?" I winked at her, "The next time we make love will be as a married couple, Mrs. Beaumont."

She bit her lip, "We don't have a baby here to take care of, after all..." she trailed off and then gave me a shy smile. "We won't be up too late?"

I pulled her close to me and kissed her, wrapping my arms around her. "Only if you want to be," I said, giving her a wink before pulling my shirt off.

I woke up the next morning to find our bed empty, with the smell of Jessie's perfume lingering on her pillow. I rolled onto my back and looked up at the ceiling with contentment.

Today's the day, I thought to myself, I'm going to marry Jessie today.

The thought put a smile on my face and I sat up, checking my phone. There was a text from Jess.

Hey sweetheart, Cole and Thorne kidnapped me this morning and we took the baby with us, we have a lot to get done to get ready so we are at the venue. Ceremony starts at 8 so we'll be married at sunset. I'll meet you at the altar. XOXO

I felt a warm flush gravitate towards my cheeks as I thought about Jessie in her wedding dress. She wouldn't shut up about how beautiful it was and I couldn't wait to see it. I began to feel the sick feeling of nerves in my stomach. I'd written my vows, bought my tux, I had the world's most perfect woman. But, I was still feeling the jitters.

I ended up deciding to walk to the venue. I figured it would give me some time in the fresh air to calm the butterflies in my chest.

I began walking down the street towards downtown Seattle. Rupert sent me a text to let me know he had his speech prepared, I'd asked him to be the best man, I looked through my missed calls to see both Colette and Jess tried to call me while I was sleeping.

As I continued down the warm, humid street, I called Colette. Was it bad luck to talk to your bride on the phone before the wedding? I didn't know, but I wasn't going to take the chance.

"Salut," she greeted.

"Hey." She paused, she wasn't used to me speaking in English. I was mad at her, now she knew it. Our home language was a symbol of familiarity between us, but she had betrayed me.

"Where are you?" she asked.

"Headed towards the venue, I decided to walk. It's only noon, is there a problem?"

"Yeah, we just wanted to get some photos of you with the groomsmen before the wedding. That and Isaac is getting a bit fussy because there's so much going on. Jess said there's this song you sing? She tried it already but it didn't work."

I felt a bit dazed with the wedding going on, but I snapped back into focus at the sound of Isaac's name.

"Yeah, of course, I'll hail a cab. Traffic isn't bad right now, give me... fifteen minutes?" I raised my hand to hail a cab as I spoke, looking for one without a passenger.

"Sure, sounds good. I love you, cousin."

"Love you too, Colette." I hung up and got into a cab, telling the cabbie the name of the venue before buckling my seatbelt.

When I arrived, Colette wasn't kidding. There was a lot going on. There were employees from the venue setting up chairs and the specific chair covers we had asked for, the florist running around and making sure the arrangements were set, the photographer doing test shots, cater waiters running around in their uniforms as they set up the tables and appetizer trays, everyone was everywhere.

I brightened at a familiar face. Jessie's Dad. "Hey Michael!" I called. He looked around him, the constant noises confusing him.

"Over here!" I called, heading over. He turned around and grinned.

"Hey there, Adrian." he reached out, shaking my hand, but then seemed to change his mind and drew me into a hug. "Glad to see you."

"Glad to see you too, sir. Where is Isaac?"

he chuckled a bit, "Always worried about the little one. A young lady named Hawthorne has him, I believe. She's in a room trying to keep him quiet."

"Can you show me? I just don't want to hunt around and risk intruding on Jessie."

"Sure thing," he replied, opening a door I hadn't previously noticed. The hallway was dim and cool, illuminated by the sunlight streaming through a glass door leading outside to a smoking area. He took me down the hallway, telling me which door I would get ready in and which room Jessie was in so I wouldn't risk walking in on her. He showed me the kitchens and then, finally, he brought me to where Hawthorne was anxiously bouncing Isaac on her hip.

Her chestnut hair was up in rollers and she wore a silk robe with "lady in waiting" written in obnoxious print. It didn't seem her style at all, probably Jessie's idea of a joke.

"Thank God you're here," she said, passing Isaac to me. He wasn't crying exactly, but in that phase where his face was turning red and he was making whining and gurgling noises that could erupt into a full blown tantrum any minute.

"Yeah, of course," I said, pressing his front to mine. That was the mistake everyone made. Bouncing Isaac on your hip wasn't the way to calm him down. He needed to hear a heartbeat, to feel secure and warm. I had one hand supporting his bottom with my other arm around him, my hand resting against his fuzzy little head.

As Isaac began to quiet down a little, Thorne relaxed noticeably.

"So how are you feeling, Ade?" she asked.

"A little nervous," I said, "But this is the most important day of our lives. I just want it to be perfect. Everything looks great already, I just hope it comes together."

Thorne nodded with certainty, "It will, you can't worry. Cole and me have this all figured out. Let me walk you to the groom's suite so you can relax, maybe watch some TV until you need to get dressed. There's a small shower in there, too, in case you didn't get a chance."

I walked beside her, the only sound was her slippers padding on the hardwood floors.

"Well, this is you," she said, "I have to go back and help Cole. Apparently there's a catering fiasco." She left just then and I entered the suite, Isaac was sleeping against my chest.

Every time I tried to put him down on to sleep on the couch, he would stir and begin to wimper, so I kept holding him.

A few hours later, somebody shook me awake. Rupert.

"Ade, the other groomsmen will be here soon. You need to shower and get in your tux. You ready?"

I nodded as Isaac stirred awake.

"I'm ready."

And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

267 Reviews

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:33 am
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

I had on the tux that I bought for this wedding. It felt too tight on me, but I was used to it. Being raised in a 'noble' family, dressing in tuxes was a past time. The place was a buzz, so many people rushing frantic to start the beautiful ceremony. I had walked into the grooms dressing area, finding Adrian fast asleep on the couch with Isaac in his arms. I smiled to myself; he was a good example for a father.

"Ade, the other groomsmen will be here soon. You need to shower and get in your tux. You ready?" I said as I woke him.

He stirred awake, sleep lining his eyes. Isaac opened his eyes slowly, looking up at me.

"I'm ready." He said.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I stood back so he could get up. He had placed Isaac in his small cradle and nodded to me, making his way to the restroom.

"Hey baby Isaac." I slowly approached the cradle, seeing him stir around, getting back to sleep. He had Philip's eyes, which made my stomach turn. I wonder if he's even coming? Did he want Isaac? Will he forever push him away?

At this young age, I'm not surprised that he wants nothing to do with the child. But maybe in a few years, he'll feel like he can commit to taking care of him. Fuck, I wouldn't be ready if Colette... right, no Colette.

"How is it being a little baby? I would know... right?" I laughed. "Well, I'll leave you be then."

I couldn't leave the cradle. I just stood there, watching him, rocking the cradle every so often.

"Don't go stealing the baby now." Adrian laughed from behind me.

I jumped and turned around with a smile on my face. "Don't worry, he's all yours."

Adrian was all dressed up, ready to take Jessie as his wife. The rest of the groomsmen walked in just a minute later, all dressed and ready to go.

267 Reviews

Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:04 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

I had on my dress. It wasn't something I'd typically wear, well, wearing a dress is something I typically wouldn't wear. I was at the venue with my mother, I had ditched her to join the other bridesmaids'. She was probably around, checking out the place. Hawthorne and Colette were rushing around the room, getting Jessie ready. I was on my phone, unsure of what to do with myself.

Something was up with Colette, she was off. She was herself, but there was a secret lingering between her and Jessie, maybe I shouldn't intrude. Cole and I have gotten over the fight we had... to be honest I don't even recall what had happened. It wasn't important. Same with Hawthorne, we got over that dumb ass patch, I never loved Rupert.

Philip had Snapchatted me. I clicked the photo and saw him in a tux with the caption Why am I even going? It's like wearing a white dress but you're not the bride. I smiled and sent him a picture back of myself winking, You're gonna be fine, there's some tension here anyway, people won't even care why you're here.

"Hey," Hawthorne said to me.

I looked up from my phone and met her eyes. She was all flustered.

"Yeah?"

"Mind helping with Jessie's hair? I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Isn't that what a hair dresser is for, Thorne?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes, "You gotta do something Daf, don't just sit on your phone, okay?"

I slipped my phone into my clutch and stuck my hands up. "Okay, okay."

I made my way to the cahir Jessie was sitting at. She was all smiles as she looked at me from the mirror. Our eyes met and I smiled back.

"Big day Jes," I said.

"No shit," She giggled.

Her hair was in curlers, so I started pulling them out. "An up-do? Yeah?"

"Just take my hair out, the hair dresser will be here soon to do the rest. Thanks," She paused. "Uh, Daf, can you do me a favor?"

My stomach twisted as I nodded, pulling curler after curler out of her soft hair. From the mirror, I could see Colette helping out Hawthorne get ready and they were whispering to each other. My stomach flipped, why were they keeping secrets from me? We were best friends, right?

"Can you see if Philip is here?" Jessie asked.

I paused mid pull and met her eyes. She looked sincere.

"Yeah, he's on his way."

She nodded, "Okay, good."

After I finished helping her, I walked over to Colette and Hawthorne. Thorne was all ready, makeup and everything. The other bridemaids' were rushing around the room, chatting about the wedding and getting ready. My anxiety was extremely buzzing but I breathed to calm myself down.

"Can I speak to you guys for a sec?" I asked them.

They faced me and nodded. We walked outside of the room and stepped outside. The had mini houses that were for the bride and groom and washrooms. There was a nice warm breeze hitting us and people were everyone, rushing to get things done.

"We are best friends, right? No matter what shit we do." I asked.

"Well, yeah." Thorne swallowed, looking at Colette.

"That," I pointed between them, "Needs to stop. I know I'm a fucking hassle to deal with and I'm happy you've been there foe me. So let me be there for you too. I can handle it, trust me. If you can handle me, I can do it too."

Colette shifted her weight and kept her head down. I tilted my head and watched her for a moment. It was her who had the secret.

"Cole?" I asked.

She lifted her head and sighed, "Not here, okay? Not now." Her French accent felt more prominent then, filled with anger.

"When? When is a good time? Our lives are pretty messed up, nothing you did can ruin this day."

"Trust me, it can." She mumbled under her breath.

"We should go back and help Jessie, this is her day Dafnie." Hawthorne spat.

I felt my heart break. "You guys, what the fuck?"

That's when I saw Philip approaching us from behind Colette and Hawthorne. I smiled and walked around them.

"Phil, you made it!" I said.

"Yep." He gave me a sarcastic grin as he averted his focus to behind me. I followed his gaze and caught him looking at Colette. That's when the tension grew thick and I was praying that what had just popped into my head wasn't true.

"Phil?" I asked.

He looked back at me with a smile. "What?"

"Please tell me you and Colette are just really good friends now and you wanna talk to her about getting Rupert an amazing gift for his birthday next week." I said quickly, shaking. My anxiety was kicking in again.

He shifted his weight. "What? Why are you saying that?"

"The way you are looking at Colette says something I don't wanna believe."

"Nothing is going on between Colette and I. Okay?" He paused, his tone getting stern. "Leave it,"

"Leave it? So something is going on?" I placed my hands on my hips.

"No, Dafnie. Nothing is going on. Go back to Jessie, this is her day, stop spinning this into something about you. Not everything is about you, okay? You need to get over yourself and stop making drama happen. All you're looking for is trouble." He huffed angrily.

I swallowed hard, taking a step away from him. "I am not looking for trouble, Philip. It finds me. It finds me because that's all I get. It finds me because my friends can't keep it in their pants!" I yelled, turning away from him.

I bolted into the room and smiled at Jessie.

"Phil is here," I paused. "Let's get started, Jes."

267 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:17 am
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

Why was I invited to this wedding? I sat up in my bed, yawning. The alarm clock read next to me 11:17, I guess it was time to get up and get ready. Hopping out of bed, I made my way to the bathroom and took a shower. I let the water run cold, it would wake me even more, make me feel like this is real life. A wedding at this age surprised me; having a baby at this age didn't do any better.

Once I hopped out of the shower, I checked my phone. A few messages that could wait. I got the shaving and grooming, getting myself to look presentable.

My suit was on, leaving me feeling as if I was headed to a charity event my dad forced me to go to. I finally went back to my phone and read through what was sent to me.

I heard you're single, wanna re visit our spot? A girl named Kelsey had texted. Shake my head, I didn't even remember her. Delete message. I sighed and went to looking at the rest.

You better be up! I don't care if you don't wanna go, get your sorry ass out of bed and meet me here! That was Dafnie. I smiled to myself and replied, I'm up, I'm up. I'll be there in like an hour.

Next was a message that made my heart race. Hey, when you get here, try not to show that we occasionally see each other, okay? This is Jessie and Ade's special day... I feel bad as it is. Jess won't even look at me. Oh Colette. I'll be decent, it's you that has to keep their cool ;)

Hey. Kathy. What the fuck. I almost dropped my phone as my stomach flipped. I really shouldn't reply... but, my fingers thought differently, Hi, Girl.

I got my stuff, wallet, keys, and phone, and headed downstairs. My mother was in her office, yelling at someone through the phone and my dad was in the kitchen. I said my 'good-byes' and left the building.

The nerve Dafnie had to outburst at me like that! Though, she wasn't wrong, just not now. Not the right time or place. I didn't wanna deal with her right now, she's acting like she's never done something like this. She has... yet acts like she's an innocent angel.

I gave Colette a look before she made her way back inside that small house to help Jessie out. Hawthorne was in tow, giving me the evil eye. I sighed, looking around the area. People were busing around, getting everything set. The wind was a nice breeze, better than all summer. A little warmer for once. I caught sight of a few familiar faces, including Dafnie's mother. She was chatting up the caterer, probably asking about the food.

"Are you one of the groomsmen?" Someone asked from behind me with a strange accent. I turned on my heel and saw a girl with a clipboard in her hand. She seemed to be our age, with dirty blonde hair and big green eyes. That wasn't the only thing that caught my attention, she was beautiful --and had a killer body at that, like a model.

"Sadly," I smirked.

She smiled for just a second, "Well, they need you in the groom's room, you gotta get ready with them... and you're late." She sighed.

"Sorry about that, I don't exactly belong here."

"I don't care if you belong, you have to go." She looked around the area, I guess making sure everything was in order.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going... but may I ask something?"

She didn't reply to me, as if ignoring me. I sighed, tapping her shoulder. She jumped and looked me over, rolling her eyes.

"Go!"

"I have a question!" I said.

Taking a step back, she rose an eyebrow. "Go ahead,"

"Your accent, what is it?"

"I'm Deaf," She moved her hands as she spoke, running her finger from her ear to her mouth. I tilted my head and smiled.

"Cool,"

"I'm glad you find that fascinating, now you know to talk to me by facing me, and enunciate." She smiled, moving her hands as she spoke, I am guessing that was sign language. "Now go, they really are waiting for you."

I nodded and walked away, finding my way to Adrian's small hut. Once I found it, I heard a lot of talking coming from inside. I stepped in, finding people crowding around Adrian. And in the corner of the room was a cradle with Isaac inside. I swallowed hard, yep, this was difficult.

"At ease, I have come." I smiled.

267 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:35 am
Nike says...

Agnieszka Topor

I awoke to the lights of my alarm clock. They flashed across the room and I shut it off. The first thing any eighteen year old does is check their phone, so that's what I was doing. My friends from home have messaged me, asking how I was doing.

And honestly? I was doing shitty. I miss my home, my friends, God, I miss my school. All I had here were my siblings, and vice versa.

We were staying in a rented house and it was pretty great. It was just like our home in Mystic, just more modernized. I sat up in my bed and took in my surroundings. My room had white washed walls and basic furniture, when I say basic I mean really high-end and fancy. But that was the norm for our family.

I got out of my bed and got myself ready for the day. I was helping my mom out with the wedding that was going on today. We all were; at least it'd keep me occupied.

The wedding was in full swing at eight in the morning. All the people were getting it ready, rushing around like chickens with their heads chopped off. I smiled at this. I was helping the caterer set up the table, taking in the wonderful scents.

One of them tapped my shoulder and said, "We are good here, thanks for the help Aga."

I smiled, "No problem." and I made my way around.

Time passed and I met one of the groomsmen. I've met them all, but this guy I've actually had a conversation with. He was pretty cute, but I could tell he was too cocky about himself. His red hair enticed me though, not many pretty boys can pull that off.

My mother approached me, telling me in sign that I should check if both the groom and the bride are ready. I signed back alright. She added, get the guests to get seated, thank you Agnes.

I was the child that looked most like her with the curly blonde hair and the same smile. I had my fathers' eyes.

I found my way to the brides room, seeing that everyone was ready. They were all talking to each other with wide smiles on their faces. Other than two girl in the corner of the room, murmuring to each other. I smiled and caught their attention.

"Okay everyone, are we ready?" I asked.

They all nodded and I read some of their lips, getting 'yes' and 'let's do this!'. They all were very excited which made my heart swell; this is why my mother did weddings.

"We are really doing this." The bride said to me with her veil covering her soft face.

"Yeah, I guess." I smiled.

271 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:12 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Sorry, glitch
Last edited by Gravity on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:17 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Spoiler! :
@Nike I know I am late on this but it shouldn't really affect any of the other posts. @Ciblio I hope it is okay for Jessie that Isabelle attended her wedding. She doesn't even have to notice she is there!

Isabelle

“Philip… I couldn’t tell you that I was pregnant. You already had Issac to worry about and I knew it would be more of a burden on you,” tears slid down my face, “I loved you and I thought I was doing what was best for you; for us.”

His hand touched mine from across the table, I missed his touch. I missed everything there was about this guy sitting here in front of me.

“Is… you should have told me. We would have figured something out.”

He sounded so sympathetic but I knew if I would have gone through with the pregnancy we probably wouldn’t have lasted anyways. Maybe it was best this way. Love was always a hard thing for me to keep.

I was the girl who you just had a one night stand with and then left and ignored for the rest of your life. Wife material? Hell no.

“I love you. I always will, but maybe this split is best for us… maybe you and I will both find ourselves. I’m no good for you and you deserve more than me.”

It looked like he had gotten a little teary eyed but I couldn’t tell from my own. Maybe I was imagining things.

I stood up with the last of my coffee and wiped away my tears on the back of my hand, it was time to go before things got much more intense.

I walked to his side of the table.

“Where are you going?” he asked, his hand touched mine and he stood up with me. Passionately, I kissed his cheek.

“Good-bye, Philip.”

Our hands grasped once more and then I pulled away, it was time for me to go for a long ride. I grabbed my gray pullover from the seat and took off out of the door.

It was the day of Jessie and Adrian’s wedding. She and I weren’t friends and hadn’t talked in what seemed like months but I was not going to just stay at home and miss my (ex) best friend’s wedding.

I arrived right when it started, I sat in a corner in a back row and waited until it was time for Jessie to begin her beautiful walk.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:18 pm
Gravity says...

"Jess," I hissed. I fought the urge to wince and cover my eyes. She and Adrian had clearly been up to their shenanigans last night, they both appeared to be naked under the blankets.

Oh great, I just thought the word "shenanigans". I'm such an American.

"Ohmigod," she gasped, clutching the covers around her. I was already fully dressed, just jeans and a t shirt with my hair in a messy bun. No point in putting makeup on or trying anything with my hair.

"I don't feel so bad for not throwing you a bachelorette party after all," I teased, grinning.

"You scared me!" she hissed, glancing at Ade's sleeping figure. I laughed internally, that boy could sleep through a freight train. He had, too, we lived in Paris. I'd seen him nap on the metro.

"Get up," I whispered. She gestured at herself. "Right, I'll be waiting outside. Don't worry about showering, I have a surprise for you."

"Bride, I'm a bride," she whispered excitedly, grinning.

"Yes, you are," I said, smiling just as big as her, "now get your bridal ass up out of bed."

She giggled as I walked out of her room, shutting the door behind me.

I'd taken Jessie out for a nice breakfast, stopping at a cute little diner a few blocks down from the wedding venue. She was too excited to eat much, but gave in a bit once I insisted she would need her strength.

"Why did you get me up so early?" she asked as I gave her directions. "Where are we even going?"

"Well, I knew the budget was tight. Butttt...." Her mouth dropped open as we pulled up in front of a spa.

"No," she said, "Colette, this is too much."

"No, this is my present to you. I donated $300 towards the honeymoon, and I paid for your spa day."

"But-"

I cut her off, "Honestly, this is a present for me as well. I've never been to a spa. The closest I got was getting my nails done for prom. Never saw the point before but I thought it would be cool to try it."

She bit her lip, "Are you sure?"

"What else are we going to do for the next four hours?"

"Four hours??? Holy crap!"

"I may have scheduled you for a full body wax as well." she turned a little pink and I busted out laughing.

"Come on, let's go."

Four hours later, we both had extremely soft skin, perfect nails, and a natural glow.

"I feel amazing," she said, rubbing her skin. "I smell amazing. Why was I not supposed to shower?"

"All the creams they just put on you? They smell nice but they're to sooth your skin from the waxing, very oily. Not great if you're about to put on a wedding dress."

She nodded, "Now can I drive to the wedding venue?"

"Yes," I said, "Now you can."

When we got there it was only about noon. Jessie headed in to take a shower and I flipped on the TV, getting various things ready. I needed to check the bridesmaids' dresses, hair curlers, bridesmaids' robes (tacky but hilarious), and of course, the wedding dress. Everything looked great, in its proper place.

Jessie emerged wearing her bridal robe, giggling.

"Really?" she turned around. It read "Bride, est. August 15, 2016"

"Yup," I said. "Sit," I turned on 27 Dresses, a movie about a girl who was a bridesmaid 27 times before finally getting married herself. I took a hairdryer to Jessie's hair until it was smooth and shiny as she watched the chick flick.

"This day has been amazing so far," she said, after I finally turned off the noisy hairdryer. "I know we have our differences right now because of Philip but... honestly there's nobody else I'd rather have here right now."

"I'm glad I'm here. Not sure how Adrian is going to say his wedding vows after you've rendered him speechless in your dress," I teased.

She laughed and then turned back to the movie, watching but not really watching. She kept twisting her hands. A bit out of nerves, but I think also because she was used to always having to fuss with Isaac.

There was a knock on the door.

"Guess who?" called a voice. I could tell it was Thorne so I got up and opened the door.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, and she grinned, bouncing Isaac a bit on her hip.

"Look who came to see you, Jess." she turned away from the TV and grinned when she saw her son.

"Come here baby boy!" she said, taking Isaac from Thorne. He was gurgling and his face erupted into a smile when he saw his Mom coming towards him. "Oh I missed you," she said, giving him kisses. She hugged him close and then turned to thank Thorne. "Thanks for watching him, I was able to get some sleep last night. Was he good?"

"Yeah but he was getting a little fussy when I drove him over here. I think he might need to breastfeed. I gave him formula last night and this morning but he refused it this morning." Jessie nodded. "I'll feed him now," she said, excusing herself to a corner.

"Okay, so what do I do now?" Thorne asked.

"Jess and I took showers and dried our hair. If you haven't showered yet today then do that. If you have already then I'll help you put rollers in your hair."

"I already showered, I figured I'd want to since we'd be up late tonight."

"Okay, then sit down and I'll get the rollers." I went to get the small plastic bag before sitting, methodically taking Thorne's hair and wrapping it around the plastic before sticking in a pin to hold it in place.

"So how's life been?" I asked Thorne.

"Pretty decent," she said. "You?"

"To be honest, a little chaotic. Jessie and I are going through a rough patch." Thorne tried to turn around, but I held her head firmly in place.

"You did sleep with Phil," she pointed out. She wasn't being judgemental, that wasn't in her nature. She was simply stating a fact.

"I know," I sighed. "I know that wasn't cool of me, but she shouldn't be able to dictate Phil's sex life, or mine for that matter. I've had a hard time letting anybody touch me since the assault. For whatever reason, I'm comfortable with Phil. How dare she try to get in the way of that."

"Have you stopped to think about why you're comfortable with him?" Thorne asked.

I opened my mouth to speak, but stopped. Had I? Thorne had this way of making you realize things about yourself you never knew before. That's just how she was.

"Not really," I said, at a loss for words.

"Maybe you might want to consider that. Ultimately, Jessie loves and cares about you. If you have something real with Philip, she may reconsider. She didn't with Isabelle but you're Adrian's cousin and best friend, she might not have a choice. And if it's not real, if you're comfortable for some other reason, then maybe that applies to other guys."

"Thanks. Anyway, it's Jessie's day. Let's focus on her."

"Okay," Thorne agreed.

Hours later, after Dafnie and Harley had shown up, after Jessie's hair hair and makeup were perfectly arranged, after we all looked picture perfect, it was time.

Jessie's dress was elegant with lace. It had an open back and was form fitting, which made it sexy, but the lacy veil and the lace overlay gave it a classic elegant look. The rest of us were wearing sage green off-shoulder dresses with a slit running up the side. We were all carrying white roses, except for Jessie. She had an elaborate arrangement of white and pink roses along with some lillies and a few others to add some variety. When her Dad came into the bridal suite and saw us, he just smiled.

"You all look beautiful," he said, giving Jessie a hug and gentle kiss on the cheek. "You ready?" he asked. "It isn't too late to run." We all laughed at his joke and Jessie shook her head.

"Let's go," she said.

Spoiler! :
LITERALLY SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!! @Ciblio @Nike @AlmondEyes

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:43 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

Jessie

I was startled awake by a calm Cole hissing for me to get up and also a sleeping,very naked, Adrian. I clutched the blanket against my heat and gasped, "Oh my god," because I was getting married.

Cole grinned, showing off her pearly white teeth, "I don't feel so bad for not throwing you a bachelorette party after all."

"You scared me," I breathe, wanting to lay back down.

"Get up," she whispered after a moment, disregarding the fact that I was completely naked under the comforter. I motioned towards myself and her eyes widened slightly, "Right, I'll be waiting outside. Don't worry about showering, I have a surprise for you."

Surprise?

I grinned suddenly, the thought of me being Adrian's wife in less than 24 hours exciting me, "Bride...I'm a bride."

"Yes, you are," her lips were spread apart too. I loved that she was the one here. I loved that she was going to be my family soon. "Now get your bridal ass up out of bed."

I laughed, dropping the blanket as she shut the door behind herself.

After a moment, I leaned back and gazed at my fiancé. I didn't want to wake him, so I pressed my lips to his cheek and took in his features for a minute. He was everything that I never thought I'd have.

I was going to be this mans wife in less than 24 hours. The thought made me grin uncontrollably. I couldn't believe it, almost.

It was early, the sun was barely up, so I pulled on some clothes,

She took me out to eat, then graced me with the privilege of joining her at the spa-- somewhere i hadn't been in a very long time. I kept telling myself I needed this, but the entire time, even as they ripped the hair off my body, I just wanted to back at home, laying in bed with the love of my life.

Anyways, once our time was up and we both permanently smelled like lavender and cucumbers, we left to the venue. I showered, spent time with Cole (she made me watch 27 Dresses, for christ sake), and finally began to get ready.

After a long morning of having my hair pulled at, curled, pulled at again, pulled out of the curlers, then pinned up by the hair stylist, and also putting on my dress (which was so beautiful and I'd have to do something extra special to thank Collin and his mom), I was exhausted. I was overwhelmed by the reality of this day.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Everything was chaotic, but in a satisfying kind of way. A way that said things were coming together.

Inhale. Exhale.

The wedding dress fastened around my body was gorgeous-- Mrs. Maye out-did herself by a lot. I didn't expect half as much as what I got.

Pinch yourself, so you know this is real.

I squeezed part of my lower arm skin between my fingers tightly, and it stung. I was awake. This was happening. I was bonding myself to the man who stole my heart in Paris...for forever.

Isaac was in Adrian's room, although I kind of wished he'd been place in mine. Mostly because he helped calm me down when I was nervous and, boy, were my nerves off the wall.

Once Ade and I were married, he'd have parental rights with me. He'd be Isaac's father. And that couldn't make me happier.

Agnes, the pretty blond girl who couldn't hear (lucky, this place was almost unbearably loud), came in and grinned at us, asking if we were ready. The volume of the building rose by about two notches as the girls hooted and laughed, some screaming that it was "time to get this party started."

I kept imagining Adrian's look on his face when he saw me. Maybe he'd just smile really big. Maybe he'd cry. Maybe he'd grimace and realize he was making a mistake. I mean, really...who wants to marry a mess like me? A girl who got knocked up by her worst enemy?

Anges was saying something but I couldn't hear her. All that reached my ears were muffled whispers. Was this the right thing to do? Should we be getting married right now? Should we hold off? Was it too late for that? What if once we're married, everything falls apart?

What if he falls out of love with me, just as quickly as he fell in love with me?

Cole was back by my side within minutes, talking her head off with painted lips and styled hair. All of the bridesmaids looked gorgeous-- but I felt overdressed. Even for a wedding.

Was I making a mistake?

What if, once I started down the aisle, I changed my mind?

I was given thirty minutes to myself before my father entered this room. He grinned at me, eyes watery.

"You all look beautiful." He hugged me and kissed my cheek, "You ready? It isn't too late to run." I tried to laugh.

Even though I didn't want to, I said, "Let's go."

I didn't deserve this day.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:13 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Adrian

"You have to go stand up there," Rupert whispered at the end of the aisle. We were in the woods, with benches on either side of the aisle which was covered by arches of twisting branches. There were trees all around us, making the muggy Seattle air a bit more breathable.

"By myself?" I asked, panicking.

"Yeah, groomsmen have to escort the bridesmaids down the aisle. And then the bride." My breath caught at the word bride. In less than an hour, I was going to be a husband.

"Rupert what if I can't be what she needs me to be? What if I don't deserve her? Is it too la-"

"Stop it. Stop thinking like that. If you were having doubts about whether you wanted to be with Jessie, then I would be the first one to get you a ticket out of town. But your concerns right now are about you not being good enough for her. So you need to go up there and do what you promised to do. You made a promise. Go keep it."

I looked at Rupert, his blue eyes staring intensely into mine. I didn't have very many guy friends, I certainly didn't have any close friends apart from Jessie and Cole. I'd asked Rupert to be my best man simply because he was the guy I knew best. I was glad I chose him, because I wasn't sure any other person apart from Jessie herself could've eased my nerves the way he did.

I made my way up the aisle, standing by the minister, looking up at the forest canopy and feeling calmer by the second. We'd decided to have the wedding in the evening, and the late afternoon sun peeked through the trees, the sun was beginning to set. I began to feel excited, joyous, a smile breaking across my face. This was right, there was nowhere else I'd rather be.

The string quartet began to play, the sweet notes singing across the glossy wooden instruments.

I watched as Rupert and Cole walked down the aisle first, trying not to cringe with Cole's arm threaded through his. They separated so Rupert was behind me and Colette was standing on her own, with space left for Jessie in front of her. Next came Dafnie and my cousin Theo, then Harley and my cousin, Louis. They separated just as Rup and Cole. My heart was racing. The bridesmaids were lovely and the groomsmen handsome, but all I cared about was my bride.

The little flower girl made her way down the aisle. She was Alyssa, Jessie's 6 year old cousin, and she stood beside Cole. Finally, Hawthorne carried Isaac down the aisle, holding the rings on a cushion. She walked behind Harley. The whole procession took about 10 minutes, and it was Jessie's turn.

She walked with her Dad, and the first thing I saw was the radiant smile on her face as she emerged from the little grove of trees to the beginning of the aisle. Her dress hugged her figure but was so classic, and it looked incredible on her. I smiled even wider, if that was even possible. Her cheeks were flushed and I could tell she was a little nervous, her wedding bouquet shook almost imperceptibly.

Finally, she was in front of me, her Dad placing her hand in mine before turning to sit down. "Don't be nervous," I whispered in her ear, brushing a stray tendril of hair away from her face. She visible relaxed, taking my hands.

The minister finally spoke, "We are gathered here today to celebrate the union between Jessica Alysia Gates and Adrian Noel Beaumont. If there are any objections before the two unite in the eyes of their loved ones and in the eyes of God, please speak now, or forevermore, hold your piece."

We paused, Jessie and I both holding our breaths. We knew nobody would object. It was simply tradition to ask.

"Adrian and Jessica have elected to recite their own vows," the Minister handed me a microphone, "To sanctify their Union."

"Jess," I began, "There are so many cliche things I could say right now to try to describe my feelings for you, but I won't. There is no amount of words in the English or the French language that could possible convey how much I love you. You are my world, my light, my everything. I would say I'm looking forever to the start of forever with you, but our infinity started the moment we laid eyes on each other." I exhaled.

"Ade," she said, "Everybody always says that your wedding will be the most important day of your life, and I never understood why until now. We live in a world full of broken promises, broken marriages, and broken hearts. But you," she paused, her voice thick, "You didn't break me, you made me whole. You didn't just save me, you made me believe I could save myself." There was a tear running down her cheek, she tried to discreetly wipe it away and I squeezed her hand.

We'd decided to do traditional vows as well. I stared at Jess and held her hands as the minister asked us the questions. Did we agree to love one another in sickness and in health? Did we agree to pledge ourselves to each other until death do us part?

"I do," she said, finishing her vows second.

Hawthorne walked up to us with Isaac, handing us the rings, before stepping back.

I slid her wedding band to rest just above her engagement ring, the vines wrapping around her finger the way I'd just promised myself to be bound to her. She pushed my simple wedding band onto my finger before entwining her hands with mine.

"By the power vested in me by the state of Washington and in the holy spirit, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride."

I wrapped Jessie in my arms and kissed her as if I was kissing her for the first time. And in a way, I was. The crowd erupted, screaming and cheering. But their voices seemed so distant, this was my wife. I was officially a married man.

"You're my everything," I whispered, "Never forget that," and she nodded, tears shining in her eyes as she smiled the biggest smile of her life.

She put her arm through mine and we walked up the aisle and down the path towards the reception area. By that point it was getting darker and harder to see.

And then the lights suddenly turned on, making everybody gasp.

The venue had dozens of tables surrounding a massive dance floor, with twinkling lights threaded throughout. The centerpieces featured flowers and pearls spilling over in a beautiful arrangement. There was a bar with cocktails (no carding, of course,) and a table with small appetizers. Colette had really outdone herself, she'd thought of everything.

The wedding party had a longer table up front, next to the dance floor. Jessie and I were seated in the middle with our closest friends around us.

"Thank you so much," I whispered in Colette's ear, she was sitting on my left side.

"Of course," she replied, digging into the plate the waiter had just set down in front of her. "Have some chicken, it's really good."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes and Jessie and I began eating.

"Wait wait wait, Jessie," Colette said, tucking a napkin into the neck of Jessie's dress and setting another napkin in her lap.

"I look like Dudley Vernon from Harry Potter, she said, looking down at herself."

"You look lovely," said Cole, "But you really don't want to get anything on your dress, do you?"

Jessie nodded reluctantly and then dug in quickly. We'd decided just to have one course served at the table. If anybody wanted dessert or anything else, they could serve themselves and eat while everybody else was dancing. We also decided not to have a first dance. Jessie didn't want everybody staring at her awkwardly while we slow danced, and that was fine with me. Not having as much "table food" lowered our costs and allowed us to have more people.

"Would you like to dance, Mrs. Beaumont?" I asked Jessie after we'd both pretty much picked over the food we wanted.

"Of course, Mr. Beaumont," she replied, removing the napkins from her dress and standing to walk out with me to the dance floor.

We danced for what seemed like hours, pausing only so Jessie could catch her breath and take off her shoes. We slow danced, fast danced, Jessie even started to twerk comically in her wedding dress after she'd had a few too many glasses of wine.

"Adrian," Cole came up to me and whispered in my ear around 2 in the morning,"It's getting late, you guys have a flight tomorrow around 2 and you are going to need sleep. I'm taking Isaac so you two can have your wedding night. Let me know when you're ready to leave."

We'd been partying for hours and I was beginning to feel tired, so I went to get Jessie and ask her when she wanted to leave.

"In a half hour? I want to say goodbye to everyone. This has been so much fun," Jessie said, hanging on to me. Her hair was a mess at this point, her veil was missing and her eyes were bloodshot from both the alcohol and the exhaustion.

"Okay love, but make it quick. We're both a wreck."

She giggled and walked away, stumbling to find her Dad and family. It had been the most amazing night, yet there was still more to come.

267 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:00 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

Adrian and Jessie had gotten married. In front of me, literally. Tears stung my eyes, but I didn't let them shed. Philip was standing behind me, I could feel how much he dreaded being near me. I caught Colette glancing at him every so often and Dafnie looked over at me, Hawthorne as well.

They knew.

Once the party started, it couldn't stop. Everyone was either dancing, eating, or drinking. The setup was beautiful with the pearls and the flowers, Colette outdid herself.

I'm surprised that she even had time since she had time to fuck my newly recovered best friend.

I had chugged down a few shots with Jessie's dad and a few others' I recognized and didn't. My head felt heavy, so I pulled away, letting the dance music fill my ears. People seemed blurry, colors flying around the room and they waltzed around. I caught sight of Colette, pulling on Philip's tux with a huge smile on her face.

Somehow I could see her just fine, this was a sign? Maybe... maybe not...

"Son, are you alright?" Jessie's dad had tapped my shoulder.

I must've been swaying, cause his grip was pretty strong as he grabbed me. I looked over at him and nodded. "No," I replied.

"And I don't even think it's the alcohol." He said.

"No," I sighed, looking away from him.

"Let me tell you this, Franz. If she loved you, she wouldn't have let you go. You seem like a good kid, you will find someone for you." He said with sincerity.

I let out a chuckle, pulling away from his grip. My heart felt dead as I faced him, watching his kind face grow surprised.

"I'm a good kid? No." I pointed at myself, feeling the alcohol run through my veins.

He shifted his weight as he waited for me to continue. The music was deafening as I swayed, managing not to fall over. He looked extremely red, must have been the lights. But they were white? I don't know.

"You'd think otherwise if you... you k-knew whaaaaat I did." Slurring was becoming my voice.

"The past is the past Rupert, as long as you grew into a better man, that's all that matters... and you still deserve to be treated like you're that better man."

Images of Jessie's naked body filled my brain, her curvy body, her innocent eyes. I was the one that took her virginity.

"I deserved this, didn't I?" I yelled. "I was an asshole, and I decided that maybe I could be nice. And even thoooough I became NICE, I g-g-got K-karma againssst me! Beca-use of the shit I did! I deserved to feeeeel this, so I wou-would know how they felt when I did that." I grabbed onto the table behind me, because I knew I'd fall over.

I nearly let out taking Jessie's virginity just to prove to him how terrible I was. How I used her. But...

"Rupert, sit down." He was now looking around for help.

The table was vacant, so I sat down at it, letting my weight fall into the chair. Everything seemed lopsided, so I shut my eyes, trying to push my thoughts away. He had sat down next to me, I felt his tap my hand softy.

I looked up, noticing that I could read his face a little better. The alcohol was wearing off.

"No one deserves to be hurt after they become better." He said. "Here's some water... do you have a friend I could grab for you?"

Sniffling, I looked up and thought of Philip. No. Dafnie? Maybe.

"Dafnie... ask for... Daf-nie." I swallowed.

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42