z

Young Writers Society

Oceanside Academy for the... Eccentric

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:08 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Welcome to Oceanside, a small, elite boarding school. You don't choose the school, the school chooses you.

Oceanside is in Los Angeles where it's always warm, the shops are great and there are lots of sights to see. The academy has anything any student could want complete with a swimming pool (indoor for sport only though that rule is often broken) rec rooms with complex gaming and TV systems, pretty good food all things considered and beach access. The students, however, are another thing. There's something about Oceanside that just doesn't match up, the kids sent there are discovering certain... abilities. Suddenly, the natural becomes the supernatural, what was once the norm is now in the past and anything is possible.

Your role. You have been invited to attend Oceanside which is just as well because your parents either couldn't be bothered or want you to have the best education possible. It's your first year (though you can be in any grade) and you are developing certain powers.

These powers could be mental, physical or can draw from the world around you. It could deal with you manipulating an element, etc.

Rules for Powers
1. You get one.
2. You can manipulate a few different aspects of this power (for example, if your char can read minds then you can also have your character have compulsion or something) but if your character is manipulating too many aspects of the power or doesn't have any weakness then I won't approve you, you'll have to fix it.
3. "Top Dog Characters" are okay, the ones who are very powerful and popular etc. but only to a degree. I will let you know what is okay and what isn't on a case by case basis. (I just don't want people god modding essentially)

Rules in General
1. Please, please please use correct spelling and grammar, at least the basics. We need to be able to follow what's going on and if your posts aren't correct in this sense, they aren't pleasurable to read. SBs are for having fun but also improving your writing. (This includes basic spelling, indenting, capitalization etc.)
2. You must be kind to one another. In the DT, for characters they can go at it all they want. Disagreements need to be handled in a mature fashion
3. Obvi, no god modding or mary sues.
4. HAVE FUN! :D

And now my fav part...

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Power:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Character Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Optional, character tastes in music, movies, Marvel or DC ;) etc.:[/b]
[b]Anything else not covered here:[/b]

Also, a relative balance between boys and girls is ideal but not necessary :)
Last edited by Gravity on Tue May 03, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

271 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 am
Gravity says...

Aaron

"Hey Mom, the doorman gave me these," I threw the mail down on the table before plopping down on the $50,000 couch.

"His name is Vanya. It's impolite to address someone by their position," she chastised me and I scoffed. How many times had she called a waiter "[i]garcon
"?

"There's one for you here, from... Oceanside Academy. I didn't know you applied to boarding school!" she gushed, handing me the envelope.

"I didn't. Throw it out." I put my feet up on the coffee table, feeling proud, oddly. Except it wasn't me, I couldn't care less.

She opened the letter. "Congratulations Mr. Aaron Van Amsberg, you have been selected to attend Oceanside Academy for the Gifted. If you choose not to attend you must..." she trailed off reading the letter.

"Must what?" I asked, feeling anxious. Except once again, I wasn't anxious.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter. You're going," she snapped.[/i]

That's how I ended up here, in Oceanside.

I left the town car that had driven me from the airport and stepped onto campus. There were six large buildings located in what looked to be the middle of nowhere, we were less than an hour from L.A. at least. Too bad I wouldn't be going.

The driver took out my suitcases and brought them to the boys dorm while I looked around, taking it all in. Cars and buses were arriving, some students were clearly new like me, others greeted old friends or headed straight for the dorm with purpose. Everything was buzzing and I felt a slight ache in my head. I figured I must already be hungover. I only had a few small drinks in first class and they were weak, at best.

I headed for the boys dorm where there were four tables. A-I, J-N, O-T and V-Z. I approached the 'A' table and told the lady my name, receiving a packet.

The packet had my room number and papers I needed to sign up for classes plus a student handbook.

I beckoned to the driver who had my bags and told him to find my room and drop them off there.

I checked off the easiest classes I could think of before walking into a girl with sunglasses and we both toppled over.

"Watch where you're going blondie," I growled, clutching my head. The headache sensation was getting stronger and emotions were swirling inside of me, threatening to erupt.

"That's kinda hard for me to do, don't you think?" she snapped sarcastically, feeling around on the floor for the sunglasses that fell off her face. She was in the right area but it took her a few seconds to get them on her face.

"Oh. You're blind," I said, searching for a pack of cigarettes.

"Wait a second, I'm blind? Thank you, Captain Obvious!" she turned around and picked up her bag, slinging it over her shoulder.

"How did you know that was there?" I asked.

"One, I'm not an idiot and two, I can see without really seeing."

"Huh?"

"My power. I can manipulate electricity and can feel energies coming off of objects. Larger objects are easiest for me as I haven't refined the power yet but... I've been blind my whole life. My power helps me."

"Cool," Then I winced and groaned, kneeling on the floor and clutching my head. There were so many emotions all at once, annoyance, anger, excitement, surprise, tensions from meeting new people. But none of these were coming from me. They were all assaulting my brain at once and I couldn't breathe, couldn't think.

"I can't breathe," I gasped, just before everything went black.

Spoiler! :
@HazelGrace16 I hope I captured Eliza's character

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:43 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Harris walked into the living room. If you could call it that. His mother had commandeered it to be her art studio. Papers and frames lay scattered across the floor. A sculpture stood at the side of the room. His mom had kept saying she wanted to start sculpting, but as of now, the sculpture looked more like a pillar rising up almost as high as the roof.

''Mom, I'm leaving.''

The click clacking of shoes sounded at the hallway to his left. A minute later, his mom walked into the room and flung her arms around him.

''Oh honey, I just hope you'll come back next year, it gets lonely here sometimes...''

Harris smiled as his mom rambled on. He loved his mom's chatty attitude. It seemed to fill the room and most of all, it made him smile.

''Remember to bring your guitar with you Harris. People will love your music.''

She laughed and Harris grabbed his guitar that lay on the sofa across from the ''statue''.

''I'll see you later mom. Get that art sold and we'll go to the Bahamas.''

She laughed again.

''Oh I will Harry, I will. I love you. See you later.''

With one final hug, Harris left the house, got into his mom's car, and drove the rest of the way to the airport. It was probably against the law to drive without having his mother or an adult in the car, but Harris's mom had never really cared about that. Neither did Harris.

-----------------------------------------

An hour and a half later, the plane was thirty thousand feet up in the air and Harris was wondering about Oceanside. He'd never been to California before. What would it be like? How many people went to the Academy? Would it be like his last school? What classes would their be? Harris's mom had been pressuring him into taking a course in singing and he'd resolved to at least try it for a semester. He also wondered if they taught students to control their abilities. He severely needed that. The only reason Harris had elected to go to Oceanside and not just trash the letter was because his abilities had started acting up both in and out of the house. One time his mother had woken up, gone to wake up Harris, and found spikes of ice had frozen onto him as he slept, making him look more or less like a porcupine. It had taken hours to clean the room, and since the ice stayed frozen, they had to throw the spikes in a dumpster and hope that it would melt.

A half hour of thinking later and Harris found himself drifting off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------

Harris sat inside a taxi and stared at the Oceanside Academy.

It stood on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Harris couldn't help but connect the waves of the Ocean with the sleek design of the Academy. He wondered if all boarding schools were as rich looking as this one, but that was besides the point. Paying the driver, Harris stepped out of the taxi and started up the long steps to the Academy itself.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:00 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Keigan Halter

I sat in my chair impatiently waiting for Harry to grab my bags and set up the van for me. I was going back to my real home and I couldn't be more ready.

"Ready?" He bellowed his rounded belly jiggling as he bounded down the front rail.

"You know I am." I smiled back practically racing around to the back of the van.

Harry pulled out the ramps and wheeled me in following with the bags. One for microscopes, one for clothes, and one full of mostly food and money. The van door slammed shut and Harry hopped in the front seat and started the engine.

I looked out the window to see the other kids smiling and waving from the door each with a cane or chair like me. This was my family but the Academy was my home.

Luckily for me we lived an hour and half away from the Academy as we lived just outside LA. The entire way there I was filled with such excitement that even my legs couldn't stand still and my powers were so intense I had to settle for just hovering my phone instead of the entire car.

~

Harry rolled me out, gave me a hug, and sent me on my way knowing I wouldn't need him from here on out. A bus boy ran over quickly with a smile to grab my bags.

"Thank you cutie" I said with a wink rolling over to front desk.

Then a boy dropped to the ground. I instantly rushed over, slid out of my chair, and fell to my knees to next to him. I placed a finger under his nose and another on his wrist. He had a pulse and his breathing was steady, it must be his powers.

"Everyone stand back, I'm going to lift him." I announced to the gathering crowd, looks of surprise instantly falling over their faces.

I crept into my chair then focused on him. He soon was suspended mid air with the plain willpower of my mind. I slowly rolled my self towards a hall his body floating close by. I started seeing spots and sped up a bit to not drop him. I barely made it to the hallway before I had to drop him. His body slumped against the wall and I instantly gasped for breath and fell out onto the ground. God I hope he's okay, and not just because he's cute.

I bent down next to him and waited for him to wake up.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:17 pm
Lael says...

Last edited by Lael on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

271 Reviews

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:03 am
Gravity says...

Bela

"Bela, Bela," My mother said, gently shaking me awake.

"You've received a letter."

"The art academy?" I asked, sitting up, pushing my curly black hair out of my face.

"No, my dear, you've been invited to attend an elite academy in Los Angeles, California." she helped me sit up and she was already dressed in her pants and traditional tunic shirt.

"California?" Though my parents both came from India and met in an arranged marriage, we had moved to Detroit, Michigan. My Father owned several car dealerships and we were one of the only wealthy families left in this part of Detroit.

"Yes. You must go. We don't have time to send you off properly, you must leave tomorrow." We always had parties with the other Hindu in the community. For everything. Going away, coming back, birthdays, marriages, engagements, feasts, several holidays, harvest seasons, the examination of suitors for arranged marriages, good grades etc. Everything was cause for celebration.

I sighed, knowing Father would not be happy if I argued. The Hindu are all about peace, especially within family.

"Okay. Let me get packed."

The next day was spent by myself on a plane where someone was waiting from Oceanside to pick me up. I gawked, looking outside the window as I watched the oceans and beaches passed by. I'd never seen the ocean, only the lakes in Michigan. We'd lived far inland in India and the most I'd seen of the ocean was in photos online and high up from the plane.

We pulled into a clearing in the woods, where many were milling about. I didn't like being around a lot of humans and the man from the school got my bags out.

"I'll take these to your room," he said, "We have it on file." I nodded before closing my eyes. I let myself picture a bird, the curves of it's feathers and it's sharp beak. The ways its talons would grip a tree branch. I pictured a Scrub-jay, a bird native to California. I pictured the blue with the gray and white stripes, the gray beak. It was a beautiful bird and I wanted to be it.

Suddenly, I felt the strange morphing and stretching sensation in my bones, the way they felt stretching and shrinking, morphing into this shape. Not only was I thinking of the bird, I was the bird. I jerked my wings or what felt like my arms, trying to fly. I managed to rise a few inches before falling back down, repeating this motion until I rose in the air somewhat unsteadily and flew to a tree, perching in the branches as I looked down on the scene below.

There were students everywhere, some talking, some laughing, all headed towards the dorms. There was luggage everywhere and people were perched on suitcases or trunks, filling in paperwork.

Did I want to be a part of this world? Not particularly. Did I care to start disagreements between my parents? Also, no. So I flew down to the ground, phasing back and feeling that strange stretching situation as I walked back into the clearing. Everyone was filing into the arts building, in the auditorium.

We all sat in our seats as the Headmistress began to speak.

"Welcome, students. Some new, some familiar. I am Headmistress Queller." Suddenly, she vanished, nowhere to be found.

"You all have been chosen to attend here because you have a power. Mine is invisibility. Whether you have developed yours yet or not, you have one and you are here to learn how to control it. The paperwork you have just signed included a gag agreement, you are legally not allowed to tell anyone other than your parents what goes on inside these walls unless you physically harmed by a staff member and even then there are restrictions. If you have an issue with that, you may leave and be sure to take... a special medication. We take confidentiality very seriously here."

"First, there are some rules. Read the handbook, be familiar with it. If you disobey these rules you will be held accountable, whether you realized it was a rule or not. Classes will start Monday. For our friends from different timezones, today is Wednesday which gives you four or five days to get used to things and sleep off your jetlag. If you have any questions, feel free to visit a guidance counselor, located in our administrative building which is located behind the arts building or ask your dorm advisers."

"Good luck," Queller said, reappearing with a smile.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:53 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Dimitri

After the headmistress' speech, Dimitri had found a gaggle of students who might not have been entirely excited to hear him yabber on but who at least hadn't fled from his presence yet.

"So if we don't want to be here, they give us some kind of red pill like the Matrix and bundle us onto the plane?" Dimi rolled his eyes and kicked the bottom locker as he wondered what powers these kids had. He was only just getting used to his own and what that did and now he found out everyone was super duper special? Wasn't that just peachy.

"It was the blue pill."

"What?"

"The blue pill. The red one was if you wanted to know what was going on."

"Whatever. What I'm saying is that it shouldn't be one thing or the other. If we want to go out there and tell everyone there's a school here filled with a bunch of freaks then it should be something us freaks are allowed to do. Right?"

Nobody said they agreed with him but nobody said no either so Dimi supposed he'd given them something to think about.

"And another thing, what's with these room shares? I thought I was finally going to get a room to myself but now they tell me I'm going to have a roomie? What if his power's dangerous, huh? What if he kills me accidentally like, did they think of that?"

This wasn't something he was hugely afraid of but they were questions which Dimitri felt needed to be asked and he was good at asking questions. Besides, he'd brought a lot of candy with him and now he was going to have to hide it all over his room in case his roomie was a candy thief. Just for once it would be nice if he could have kept his candy on the table next to his bed, yeah?

"I heard someone collapsed outside earlier and another girl carried him in and then collapsed as well," one of the other students said.

"See, see. That's some messed up kind of shit. How are we supposed to know which people can kill us with a look and which people only look they can kill us?"
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:39 am
View Likes
passenger says...

Stetson Cassidy

"Wake the hell up," he repeated, hissing the words with fury and a drawling undertone. The aftereffects of 5+ beers, was my guess. I blinked hard, mechanically, as if I could possibly go from asleep to awake in the span of a millisecond. Lately, all I wanted to do was to go faster; to shave off time like excess fat.

"What do you want?" I asked James, sitting on the edge of my bed. Veins protruded from his forearms like ropes as he nearly stumbled into my lap. He threw a piece of paper there instead.

"You're in," he told me.

I stood in front of Oceanside. What a name, I thought. You might just as well name a dog Dog.

I put in my earbuds, started to stroll up the front steps. I felt anxiety well up from deep inside my chest. Clustered crowds of students littered the campus, and I started to feel something opposite to claustrophobia. Too much space, and not enough me. There was no way to fill a place like this. I figured it might be a good opportunity to make some friends.

Or not.

I hit Play on my iPod.

Wannabe by the Spice Girls started blasting through the speaker and into my ear. I upped the volume, jogged the rest of the way to the door, long legs skipping steps, backpack jouncing on my back.

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want...

I wondered why I'd been invited. James had told me he'd just been waiting for me to get the letter in the mail. He told me that Oceanside was when things started making sense for him. I hadn't known that he'd even went to boarding school until he woke me up in the middle of the night, bouncing on my bed like a puppy waiting to get fed, eyes trained on the envelope he thrust into my lap.

"When I got that invite, that's when it clicked for me, when things started making sense," he'd said. I secretly wondered when that was no longer enough for James. When things had stopped making sense. When late-night trips to the bar--when drowning his insides in alcohol--started being the only fix for his clarity addiction. When I asked James why they'd invite me, a smirk passed under his droopy eyes. "You'll have to see for yourself, or else it just won't be the same.

On my way into the building, a girl wearing gray held the door open for me. I was hit with a blast of AC. The cool air washed over my body, rippling through my hair and brushing past my ears. I was taking forever to walk through the doorway, and the Spice Girls sang my ear off. The girl by the door didn't say anything; I knew that because her lips weren't moving. She was staring at my feet, an upturn in her lips signaling a polite smile. Get going, the smile said. I don't want to wait here all day.

"Oh, sorry," I said, letting my fingertips graze the door as I stepped past her. "Thanks." She had Asian features. Big brown eyes. She was wearing a fitted gray tank top, under which--rounding her shoulder--was a visible hot-pink strap. I wondered if she was one of those who liked wearing tank tops under their tank tops, or if it was just her bra. I decided it'd be wise not to ask.

"Stetson Cassidy," I told her, holding out my hand, taking out one of my earbuds. Of course, she was still holding the door, so I reached over and held it for her so she could let go and shake my hand. People were still streaming through the doorway, chatting with one another. Not knowing what to do, with my arm reaching awkwardly over her head and propping the door, the girl scampered under my arm and behind me. My hand was still outstretched.

I turned and smiled at her once someone had caught hold of the door. "I guess we're even as far as door-holding goes," I told her. She looked flustered, and fumbled for words. Weakly, she shook my hand.

"I'm Hailey," she muttered.

"That's a name," I said, feeling my eyes light up. "Like Hayley Williams?"

"I don't know who that is," Hailey said, so softly she nearly whispered. I waited for her to ask me who it was. I waited for her to say something else. She didn't.

There was a long pause as she just kind of shuffled her feet nervously, and chewed her lip. She avoided my eyes.

"Okay," I told her, a little disappointed. Maybe she didn't want to talk. "Hate to cut this short, but I gotta run. I have classes to sign up for, dorm rooms to get to." I pocketed my hands. "Till next time?" I gave her a small wave over my shoulder.

She managed a small smile, blushing roses on her cheeks. Huh. I almost missed the smile, and even so, I was too long gone to return it.

Instead, I headed over to the tables on my right. The sign in front said "Orientation", and there were four tables, each labeled with letter categories. I figured they were for last names, so I headed to the first, picking up my packet. I browsed the contents. There was an access card with my room number on it; a dark blue #14.

So I headed that way.

The Spice Girls were gone, and soon it was Third Eye Blind with Semi-Charmed Life. It turned out to be a direct route to the Boys Dorm. I had always been decent with directions, and as a bonus, my packet included a map that located all of the major locations across campus.

I walked through the common room and past a small convenient shop, shouldering my way through a tumultuous crowd of freshman boys. Finally, I cracked open the door to my dorm room. I had been thinking of things I'd say to my roommate. Things I'd say to introduce myself, things to break the ice, things that would arouse the topic of something all guys had in common, so we would be sure to. In my head, it didn't matter who my roommate was: we'd find a way to get along one way or another.

I yanked my earbuds from my ears, stopping Your Love by The Outfield--I actually had more 80's hits on my playlist than 90's-- mid-song, and peeked my head inside. I saw two beds sporting empty mattresses, and several hallway entrances that I assumed would lead to a bathroom. The room was huge, big enough to drown in. I swiveled my head, this way and that. Listened for the shower to be running, looked to see if the light was on in the bathroom.

Nobody.

Figuring that either my roommate had 1. not shown up yet, or 2. left and would be back, I started unpacking my clothes. I took the liberty of choosing my bed and dresser before stuffing my clothes in the drawers and piling mostly everything else under the mattress. Organization had never been my strong suit. I was dumping all of my toiletries into the bathroom cabinet as the door to the room slammed open.

I made my way back into the bedroom. A tall boy was stumbling over the threshold, grasping an icepack at the back of his head. His blond hair was coifed at the front, and his sleepy green eyes were dark. A shadow fell across his face, and he looked both high and pissed.

"Hey there," I said, nodding.

He threw me a sharp glare, and fumbled with a cigarette lighter. I didn't even remember him taking the cigarette from his pocket. Maybe he'd already been holding it.

"What happened out there?" I asked.

He shook his head, clearly frustrated. "It's called sensory overload, with emotions. I can feel all of them, so when this blind girl distracted me, my fingers slipped." He held up his cigarette. "Didn't get one of these soon enough, so I passed out like a light. And..." He brought the back of his right hand down on the palm of his left, hard.

I was confused. "I can feel all of them," he had said. What the hell was that supposed to mean? "What do you mean, 'sensory overload'?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes, some of the anger in his expression dissipating. "It's my power. I can control emotions."

I gave a sardonic half-laugh, and then sat on the edge of my bed. Clearly, this guy was a real laugh. "Whatever, man," I said, shaking my head. "You can joke all you want, I was just trying to help you out."

The boy's eyes popped open a little more, and smoke filtered through his lips. He jabbed a finger at me. "I'm not joking, you shit!" He stood up and paced to the door, and then back.

"You're high, then."

The boy snorted, waving the smoke away from his face with a pale, toned arm. "Don't tell me you don't even know why you're here." He glanced at my face, catching my perplexed expression, and then let out a haughty laugh. "Jeez, you don't." He blew a ring of smoke from his mouth. "That's pretty funny, actually. Do you even know what your power is?"

My stomach lurched. Power? This guy had to be screwing around with me. I decided he was, and led the topic of conversation astray from any further humiliation. "What's your name?" I asked.

"It's Aaron, if you must know." Aaron tossed his cigarette butt into the trashcan, along with his disposable icepack. He hadn't unpacked a thing since he'd come in here. "Aaron Van Amsberg," he annunciated, as if he knew it was pretentious. "Has a nice ring, doesn't it?"

I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic. "Sounds like what's gonna happen when English royalty runs out of things to name their children," I joked, trying to give him a smile. Aaron clearly didn't think this was very funny. Before he could spit on me or worse, I introduced myself. "Stetson Cassidy." I put my hand out to shake. It was already the second time I'd done that today.

To my surprise, he shook my hand. Then, without saying a word, he let go and wandered over to the mirror. Began to fix his hair. Said, "Guess this other girl tried to carry me to the infirmary with her telekinesis. Wiped out like I did. Hot girl, though, from what I could tell between blackouts." Aaron smirked. "Maybe I'll go find her later, after I have a drink or two."

I wondered where they would even sell drinks in this place. Part of me wanted to find out. "Won't it be better without the drinks?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. He looked over at me, grinning wider.

"Normally, yeah. But not in my case." He went back to fixing his hair. Bewildered, I said nothing. My roommate stared into the mirror, admiring his reflection. "You know, I feel sorry for you, Cassidy. You don't know anything about this school, do you?"

I felt my stomach twist itself in a knot; half anger and half anxiety. What does he know that I don't? I remembered the words that had spewed from his mouth: "Do you even know what your power is?" Surely, he had been joking.

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about, Amsberg."

He turned to me, and a rush of fear surged in my blood, fear I never knew I felt. His green eyes met mine with a smirk curling on his lips. "You'll find out, soon enough."

I had already found something out; a thought that had frozen itself in stone and dropped through to my chest. A fact that was certain, the last thing that passed through my mind as Aaron walked back through the doorway of our dorm room.

That fear isn't mine.
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:06 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

(Set before Savvys post)

Eliza Murphy

That night after Quellar’s notorious first day speech I headed towards the nurse’s office. Mrs. Sinclair, the nurse, types at her desk. She looks up at me over the top of her wired frame glasses.

“Oh hello Miss Murphy. I’ll get out your medication in a minute. It's only the first day, and we’ve already had five students in here. I hope this isn’t foreshadowing for the year to come.” She sighs, and stands up. I laugh slightly.

“Dont worry about it Mrs. Sinclair. I’m in no hurry today. All the newbies are scurrying around today, and I dont feel like falling over more than I have too.” I smile as she rushes to the back room. I leave her office, and take a seat in a chair by one of the cotts. I quickly notice a familiar energy level. It's the boy who ran into me, then passed out after earlier today. His breathing was shallow, but his heartbeat was strong. His brain activity though...it's strangely weak.

“You know Mr. Van Amsberg?” Mrs. Sinclair asks opening the eye drops bottle.

“Oh no. I mean..I guess. He nearly knocked me over this morning at registration.” I hear Mrs. Sinclair slightly giggle. I smile. “Oh what happened to that girl who attempted to save his life?” I ask.

I remember when she popped out of nowhere, jumping into action like some kind of superhero. It took everything I had not to laugh, because she was legit a female version of professor Xavier from X-men. I give her credit though. Not many telekinetics make it that far on their first day. Especially when the object is that heavy. No offence to mystery boy over there.

“She left about an hour ago. I just checked on her to make sure everything was okay. Like most telekinetics the overexertion weakened her. She should be okay.”

“That’s cool.” Mrs. Sinclair walked over with the bottle in her hand. I placed my glasses on the table next to me, and leaned my head back. She placed two eye drops in each eye and I shuttered. Even after 16 years of this I still find myself not getting used to it anytime soon.

“You’re good to go Miss Murphy.” She closed the bottle, and walked back towards the drug cabinets.

“Thanks Mrs. Sinclair. I’ll “see” you tomorrow...haha” Sinclair stayed silent. “What not even one laugh? Geez I’m getting rusty.”

“Goodbye Miss Murphy.” Mrs. Sinclair laughs, and walks back into her office. After she leaves I sense a stir in the room. Mystery boy slowly sits up looking around.

“Ugh where the hell am I?” He grips his head. “Dammit my head.”

“Eliza?” I turn to Mrs. Sinclair who is standing in her office doorway. “I was called to the west corridor. Can you give this to our guest? I’ll be back in 2 or 4 minutes.”

“Sure.” She hands me a bottle of some pain relievers. She leaves the infirmary, and I turn back to mystery boy. “Here. Take two.” I hold it out.

“Since when do students have access to drugs?” He asks taking the bottle.

“I’m in here 3 times a day everyday. Two of those to volunteer. Unlike most people at this school I am trusted...I said two pills thief.”

“So you can see.” He chuckles throwing his head back to swallow the pills.

“In my own way yes.” I say taking the bottle back from him.

“And I’m not a thief...just a tester. Making sure you didn’t lie to me.”

“Yeah bull shit. I may be blind, but even I can see through your numb brain lies. Next time you decide to show up drunk to a school full of mind readers and other mutants, learn to hide it better.”

“You don’t even know me...so don’t even try to pretend like you do.”

“Fair enough.” I say shrugging.

“And mutants?” Even I can tell he is smiling now. I roll my eyes.

“Sorry...Superhero nerd.”

“Nice.” He says. I feel myself shrink a little. Just then Mrs. Sinclair comes back into the room, and goes straight to her office.

“Well that’s my cue. Later mystery boy. Also don’t forget to ask for an ice pack.” I wave slightly, and head towards the door.

“By the way the name’s Aaron. And yours? Or should I call you blind girl?” He asks. I stop.

“My name is Eliza.” I continue my way out not saying another word.

Spoiler! :
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:32 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hailey Adakai

The rain fell down upon the car, splashing against it's shiny metal and running down the windows in single crystal-clear drops. I was thankful for it. It calmed me. Reminded me of home. We got nearly sixty-two inches of rain a year back in Juneau.

California was like a whole other world. Big cities. Big schools. I basically had to buy a brand new wardrobe. Sweaters and fur-lined hats don't have much of a place here.

I rubbed my bare arms, pulling at the tight material of my grey tank top. It felt strange, and I wished there was something I could do to keep my bra straps from showing. Instinctively, I looked around the back seat of the car for a jacket to cover up with. I wasn't used to showing this much of myself. I felt exposed.

I'd never been anywhere but Alaska. Butterflies danced in my stomach at the thought of being nearly three thousand miles away from home, and away from my family. The longest I'd ever been away from them was over a weekend, and that was only in the next city over. This was at least a year, and it felt like I should've needed a passport to get here.

The homesickness hit me within hours of leaving. But I knew it was for the best. I knew they didn't really want me around anymore. And so I needed to go. I needed to be in a place where I didn't have to hide what I could do, or who I was. Where I could learn about myself.

I always liked being alone and in my own head, and in that sense I felt as though I'd grown to be independent. At least in my own way. But I didn't realize until that moment how different it felt to choose to be alone when you knew your family was just down the street from what it was like to really be alone, sitting in a car in a strange new place with strange new people. I also never realized until that moment how being around my family made me feel more alone than I was right then, sitting in that strange car, watching the rain strike the window and rush down like it couldn't wait to finally see what it felt like to touch the ground.

I pressed my hand against the glass and made the drops of water swirl around and dance and create patterns on the glass. It made me smile. Allowed the butterflies in my stomach to disperse. That was who I was. And maybe now people wouldn't look at me in that way my family always did. Maybe people would even like me for it.

"We're here, Ms. Adakai," the driver said as we pulled around on a gravel driveway.

I took my hand off the window and the water fell back down, running in long streams along the glass. I smiled a little, rolling down the car window to see better. The rain was starting to lighten up now, and the academy was beautiful. All the buildings were made of stone bricks and cobblestone. Vines grew up the sides of some of the buildings. They didn't look like castles with they way they were built, but somehow I still felt like I was going to stay in one.

The driver got out of the car and circled around to the back to grab my bags. I didn't have many. I didn't realize it until I saw other kids hauling carts down the paths piled high with three or four bags and suitcases. I only had two.

"Where would you like me to take your bags, Ms. Adakai?"

Ms. Adakai. He made me sound like such a grown up. "That's okay, sir. I can take them from here." He gave me a polite nod, then handed them over to me. My purple rolling suitcase and my shoulder-strapped guitar case. He tilted his hat to me and wished me well, then got back into the drivers seat and drove away.

I stared at majestic buildings in front of me, the light drizzle getting caught in my eyelashes. Then took a deep breath and continued on my way. The registration tables were set up by name letters. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be last names or first names, but luckily it didn't matter for me. Both of my names fit into the same letter catagory.

After I found my dorm and left my stuff there, I went straight to the auditorium. Though as soon as I made it inside, I felt a piece of paper in my pocket and realize I'd forgotten to turn it in to the registration tables. I hurried toward the door, hoping to get there and back in time to not miss the start of the orientation. I saw someone coming inside the same time I was going out, so I held the door for them to be polite. He took his time, barely even noticing I was there. My heartbeat quickened, hoping it wouldn't become awkward. Not sure what to do in the presence of a handsome guy. I'd never handled these kinds of situations well. So I didn't say anything. I just stared down at his shoes, letting a small, tense smile cross my face until he passed by. It felt like it took him forever to make it through, which only made me grow more uncomfortable as the seconds ticked by.

Then he looked up at me and said, "Oh, Sorry!" as he suddenly realized I'd been holding the door for him.

"Thanks," I said, though I wondered if it was so quiet he couldn't hear it.

He stuck his hand out towards me while pulling out an earbud with the other. I could just barely hear The Spice Girl's playing through the tiny speakers and I had to stifle a smile. That's was the last thing I expected a tall, athletic guy like him to be listening to. "Stetson Cassidy," he said. Oh, god. A boy is talking to me! He quickly took the door from me and I suddenly felt very small, his arm easily reaching over my head, clearing it with inches to spare.

Despite my efforts, it had become awkward. All I knew was that he had invaded my bubble, which was far larger than I was, so I ducked under his arm just before a crowd of people coming through would have prevented it. When someone took the door from him, he turned around to face me again, a smile finding it's way onto his face. Is he really smiling at me? The butterflies in my stomach had returned and I found myself looking up into his bright blue eyes that seemed to shine, reminding me of the sun reflecting off of a pool of crystal-blue water.

"I guess we're even as far as door-holding goes," he said after a moment. I didn't understand what he meant, and I felt heat starting to rise on my cheeks. I needed to do something, anything to try and hide it. So I grabbed his hand and shook it. "I'm Hailey."

He's eyes seemed to brighten even more and I felt my confidence grow a little. "That's a name," he said. "Like Hayley Williams?"

The confidence died as quickly as it had come. "I don't know who that is," I admitted, my voice falling back to a mouse whisper. There was probably a lot of things people would talk about here that I wouldn't understand. I'd been pretty isolated. Maybe Hayley Williams was someone famous. Maybe she'd named California for all I knew. I decided he probably thought I was really weird by then. Born yesterday. I was amazed he was still talking to me. And I couldn't think of anything else to say to him. I was afraid I would only make things worse, or more awkward. So I looked down at his feet again, avoiding those shining blue eyes.

"Okay," he said after a long moment, and I almost thought I could hear disappoint in his voice. Did he actually still want to talk to me? Did he... like me? "Hate to cut this short, but I gotta run. I have classes to sign up for, dorm rooms to get to." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "Till next time?" I felt both relieved and disappointed. I was glad to be relieved of the awkwardness, but at the same time, a part of me didn't want him to go.

He gave me a small wave over his shoulder as he went on his way and I let out a sigh of relief. Since when did boys actually talk to me? Especially ones as nice and handsome as he was? Maybe he didn't think I was a weirdo. Or maybe he did, but he didn't mind.

Letting it all sink in, I smiled. I looked over my shoulder a moment later, but he was already heading through another door. Huh... I thought. Nice to meet you Stetson Cassidy.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:14 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Harris reached his dorm about a half hour later, the orientation speech had taken forever. The dorm was a hotel sized room with two small beds on each side and a mini kitchen next to the door. Seeing the two beds, Harris realized he was going to be rooming with someone. He'd completely forgot. Taking the liberty of choosing the bed on the right, Harris set all his stuff next to it. A suitcase of clothing, a wallet, and his guitar.

Harris sat on the bed absentmindedly strumming a few chords on his guitar, wondering what he should do next. In truth all he wanted to do was sleep, but he knew he had to do whatever the school required of him, the problem was, he had no clue what that was. Harris continued to strum the guitar, choosing random chords he thought might fit together and occasionally singing random clips of songs he'd learned from the radio. Harris didn't usually play or sing in anywhere more public than his room, but today was an exception. In the space of six hours, he'd flown across the U.S, sat through a half hour orientation, and walked through the whole school looking for his dorm. Yes today was not a normal day and right now, all Harris wanted to do was relax.

"Damn kid, you got some nice fingers."

Harris jumped and almost dropped his guitar. Instantly, the temperature of the room plummeted and Harris had to fight to get control of his power. A kid stood in the doorway, with bangs like wolverine and a posture that reminded Harris of a friend he used to have back in Chicago. Awkward.

"H...Hello...?"

"Dimitri Ivanov. Boy its fucking freezing in here."

Dimitri extended a hand, Harris stared at it for a full second before tentatively taking it. As soon as he did however, Dimitri ripped his hand away.

"Damn kid, where have you been sleeping, a freezer? You're hands are colder than my dead Aunt, and she's dead!"

Harris felt his cheeks turn red.

"I..I'm sorry."

Dimitri walked into the room and eyed his bed.

"Whats with the rooms here, you'd think they'd give us five star rooms after traveling halfway across the country, but nooo. These rooms look like they've been ripped right out of a motel six."

Harris decided if he ever got invited to prom, he'd bring Dimitri with him. The kid could carry a conversation by himself. Harris sat dumbly at the other side of the room, absentmindedly arranging his suitcase and putting his wallet and guitar away.

"And whats with the whole 'no T.V' thing. Are they trying to bore us to death? What are we supposed to do? Have staring contests?"

Harris was tempted to remind him their was a pool and a recreation room, but decided he'd rather just listen to Dimitri rant than actually solve the problem. To Harris's disappointment, however, Dimitri got up and crossed the room to the door.

"I'll be right back buddy. I think i have something that might help our.....predicament."

With that he left, not bothering to close the door behind him. Harris decided he needed a burger.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:21 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

Stetson Cassidy

"Welcome, students. Some new, some familiar. I am Headmistress Queller."

Queller's voice was smooth and deep. She tapped her fingers together as she spoke, pacing slowly in front of the stage. The woman's appearance didn't match the picture in my head of what a headmistress was supposed to look like. Instead of the angry-grandmother type, she was tall--as tall as an NBA player--with strangely beautiful features. Her hair was thick and black, and was woven into a giant, braided bun atop her head. She might have been young; her thirties or even her twenties. But her most defining feature was her eyes; they were an icy blue outlined by lightly-wrinkled brown skin.

I leaned back in my seat and propped my knees on the seat back in front of me. People loitered around the auditorium, teeming at the entrances, carrying initiation packets and roughhousing with one another. With a sharp--and nearly undetectable--glare from Queller, the room fell silent.

Suddenly, Queller was gone. And I mean gone. She just disappeared. I had never understood the phrase 'vanishing into thin air' until that moment. I felt my heart jump, and my eyes darted from side to side. Nobody else seemed fazed by her magic trick. I found myself muttering, "Holy shit," and the guy next to me cast a sidelong glance in my direction. "Did you see that?" I asked him, pointing to the stage.

The boy smirked. "You've never seen an invisible woman before?"

I felt my mouth fall slightly agape. Before I could reply, Queller's voice boomed across the auditorium. "You all have been chosen to attend here because you have a power. Mine is invisibility."

I stopped listening. Is this some kind of joke? I glanced around at the people on either side of me. Do they have powers? They couldn't; it was impossible. I thought about what Aaron had said to me back in the dorm room: "You don't know anything about this school do you?" And then, "Do you even know what your power is?" I started rubbing the palms of my hands on my knees, a nervous quirk of mine. I exhaled through my mouth.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something bright explode in the palm of the guy's hand next to me. A smile grew on his face. The flame was in his hand again, and then he closed his fist, extinguishing it. I looked around at the other people in the room, at their faces. I wondered if there had been some mistake. Am I the only one who doesn't have a power?

Queller was suddenly there again, and I wished I'd seen her reappear. Anything to convince myself that it was all real.

Afterwards, I walked out of the auditorium, feeling like I'd just woken from the strangest dream. As I walked, I was full of thoughts and imagination. I had always fantasized about having powers, from the time I first went through James's Marvel comics. I wanted to fly, first and foremost, like all Superman fanboys did. I wanted Wolverine's claws, and Spiderman's webs. There were times I wished I was invisible. Times I wished I could walk through walls, or read minds.

"Whoa, watch it there, champ." A man was straightening his tie and adjusting his glasses from when I must've ran straight into him.

"My bad, sorry," I said, smiling sheepishly and collecting an expensive-looking briefcase from the floor. It was heavy. I handed it to him.

"Why the hurry? You still have four days until classes start, you know." The man smiled at me; I could see the wrinkles beneath his eyes. He was probably in his forties.

"Oh," I said, running my hand through my hair. "Yeah, I guess so. You're right. I shouldn't hurry so much." He took another look at me, narrowing his eyes. There was a pause before his smile returned. He readjusted his grip on the handle of the briefcase.

"Okay," he said. "Well, take care." He went to pass me, but his shoulder bumped against mine; an accident, surely. "Don't worry," his voice said, "You'll find it." I swore that his lips hadn't been moving. But when I turned around, I was only met with the sight of his back as he hurried down the hallway.

I tried to snap out of my reverie. When I emerged through the double doors, I was swept into a crowd of students. They were heading to the dining hall, which I assumed from their conversation. I looked at my phone for the time--5:52 PM. Dinner time. I would have rather went back to my dorm room to sort out my thoughts, but my stomach growled, and I followed the students instead.

Our entrance to the dining hall was met with the loud chatter of students as friends claimed seats next to one another, and several of them showed off their powers. I saw a boy climbing the wall with only the palms of his hands. A teacher chastised him, and he reluctantly descended. I was trying not to act appalled, but I was sure my gaping mouth made my amazement obvious.

I had opened the handbook and read a few of the rules. You are forbidden from using your abilities to harm another student. That was one I remembered specifically. It was weird how they called them 'abilities'. Like 'powers' wasn't an adequate enough term. Do not vandalize school property was another one. I figured that one went without saying.

I saw a girl to my left in a wheel chair trying to situate herself at one of the long tables. She looked frustrated and exhausted, her wheel continuing to hit against the leg of one of the chairs. The table was trembling slightly, and the cups were rattling. I reached over and pulled the obstructing chair aside. "There," I said. I then wondered if I said it too loud, or not out loud at all; I couldn't tell over the music that was blasting in my ears.

The cups stopped rattling, and the table settled.

"Thanks," she said, giving me a smile. I read her lips and smiled back, before continuing to walk along the table.

I chose a seat towards the middle, and sat down. I rested my elbows on the table, and stared at the silverware in front of me. I tried to move it with my mind. Come on, I thought. Move, you goddamn fork.

"Are you a telekinetic?" I heard faintly from beside me. It was a girl, and she must've had to speak up for me to hear her through the music. I remembered her from registration this morning; the girl who didn't want to talk. Hailey. Like Hayley Williams. I tugged an earbud out of my ear.

"Maybe," I said. I felt myself smiling, for no real reason. I just tend to smile a lot. But she must've thought I was joking--since what guy here didn't know what his power was--and she kinda laughed.

"Clearly not," she said quietly, glancing at the fork in the center of my placemat. It hadn't moved once. I turned to look at her, and her confidence dwindled. She sunk down in her chair slightly, and focused her eyes on the table. I poured myself a glass of water. People filled in the entire table, chairs scraping against the linoleum, conversations erupting.

For a moment, I was afraid she'd ask me if I had a power, or "which power do you have?" Instead, she quickly said, avoiding my eyes, "What're you listening to?"

"REO Speedwagon," I told her. "Wanna listen?" I scooted my chair closer, leaned towards her. I held the earbud out to her. When she stared at me, I brushed her hair behind her ear with my hand, and held the earbud up to her ear. She reached up and took it from me.

You're a candle in the window on a cold, dark winter's night
and I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

and I can't fight this feeling anymore...

"Do you like it?" I asked, under my breath, since I knew she was close enough to me to hear. I reached over, about to give her my other earbud when my hand touched her face, and something happened. She flinched and suddenly my hair was soaking wet, water was dripping down my face, and the entire table had erupted in laughter.

It took me a second to process what happened. A group of boys sitting near us were laughing their asses off, staring at us. To cure my blurred vision, I used my thumb and forefinger to wipe my eyes, squinting. I was drenched. And my water glass was empty.

I looked to my right. Hailey blushed in embarrassment and hastily stood to her feet, nearly knocking her chair backwards. She scurried from the dining hall.

A few people from the table behind me were looking over now; a blond girl whispered something to an Indian girl. Everyone was giggling. I was still wiping my face. "What happened?" I mumbled to the boys at my table, who were still cracking up. I touched my jaw.

"What happened was, Miss Poseidon didn't want you gettin' all up close and personal, so she used her power on you as a symbolic 'fuck off'." The boy laughed as he said this, scratching the skin below his sideburn.

"Oh," I said. "Oh, alright, thanks, uh."

"Dimitri."

"Dimitri, yeah. Thanks."

Jeez, I thought. I stood to my feet, and headed to the bathroom to dry myself off. I heard the boys break into laughter again behind me, unable to contain themselves. This is gonna be a long year.
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

271 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:42 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Aaron

I stumbled into the room after getting back from the infirmary. I hadn't realized I had a power, or even that everyone here had powers. The Nurse explained to me what happened.

Still, I had to be a smart ass around my new roommate.

While everyone else was at the assembly I laid on my back on the full sized bed and took the airport sample bottles of liquor out of my carry on bag. It's amazing what you can get the flight attendants to give to you. Or do to you.

I had the ability to sense and alter emotion.

I had the ability to alter emotion.

How did I not know this?

I took another swig from the mini liquor bottle, feeling pleasantly buzzed when Stetson walked in.

"Hey," I drawled.

"So about this power thing," He was drenched and pulled off his shirt, rifling through a drawer, "What's yours?"

"I can sense and alter emotion," I murmured, taking out a cigarette and lighting it.

Stetson coughed. "Do you mind not smoking in our room?"

"Yes. Yes I do mind. I can't smoke anywhere else so it looks like you're just gonna have to deal with it.

"Listen. We're rooming together all year and I really don't want to walk around smelling like cigarette smoke. Why don't you go in the woods or something?" he asked.

"I am in the woods," I told him, pointing at the hardwood floor and laughing as I emptied the mini alcohol bottle in my mouth.

"How is your liver intact?" he asked, shaking his head and grinning to himself.

"Well," I said, "I imagine it's all the prescription drugs I abuse. Must be good for something, right?"

"That just... no." Stetson chuckled and finished dressing. "You should really go to dinner if you want something to eat. It's not good to drink on an empty stomach."

"Cheers," I said smiling, raising the empty bottle before throwing it away and swaying as I walked out of the room.

Spoiler! :
@savvy

271 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:51 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Bela

I anxiously braided my hair and draped the long braid over my shoulder, looking at my welcome packet as I tried to find my room.

"Looking for something?" A girl with tan skin almost as dark as mine and brown hair looked at me, room card in hand. She was in a wheelchair but it seemingly moved by itself.

"Yeah, my dorm room," I told her.

"Let me see." she took the packet out of my hand and chuckled, "Well, looks like you and I are roomies," she looked me up and down, "no complaints there."

I laughed nervously. "Cool. Lead the way?"

The girl unlocked the door, wheeling herself in the room and I took the bed that hadn't yet been claimed.

"I'm Keigan," said the girl, flicking on the lights as it was getting darker outside.

"Bela," I replied.

"That's pretty." I nodded after she spoke, taking out my soft yellow sheets and laying them on the bed. I then added my light purple comforter. It had swirling paisley designs, like your stereotypical Indian pattern.

"You don't talk much, do you?" she asked, floating out of her chair and dropping into the bed.

"Not really. Especially not with people I don't know very well."

"Oh. Well I'll talk enough for the both of us." She started talking about different things she liked, science and people and whatnot. I listened to every word, hanging up some of my artwork on the walls.

"Did you do that?" Keigan asked, nodding at the drawings and paintings.

"Kinda," I said, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks.

"You're cute when you blush, you should do it more often," she winked at me exaggeratedly, "And they're really good."

"Thank you," I replied, putting my clothes into my closet and my half of the dresser.

"So are you from India?" she asked me. I sighed. It was going to be a long night.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:03 pm
NicoleBri says...

Arena Potter

I sat on my bed in my dorm room. The other girl was yet to show up so I was alone, honestly I was happy to be in a place that was kind of like me. I know now that I wasn't the only person in the world with a power.

I set my stuff up on my side of the room, I didn't have much besides my clothes and of course all of my paint supplies and my teddy bear, her name is Muffy.

My heart began to race and I felt a little queasy, it was time for me to paint. I got it all set up and began. It didn't take long to realize what it was. By tonight there will be a storm coming above the school. For some reason I don't always get serious events to come. it's kind of like dice, you never know what you are gonna get.

I put my stuff away and took this as a chance to go meet some people. I wanted some friends, especially if this was gonna be like my 2nd home.

Spoiler! :
As of right now I don't know much to write, if anyone want to include her then feel free too! :) it would help me a lot also.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
— Holden Caulfield