z

Young Writers Society

Catalyst

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 pm
Sassafras says...

The Four Corners the Circle came together and created two infinities. Both were arbitrary and beautiful; ruled by none but governed by many. And that is where it ends. Not with a bang, but with a beginning.

Catalyst

Chapter One - Synopsis: Four people awaken one day and never fall asleep again. With their new, opened eyes they see a magnificent world once hidden in ignorance. But with their sight comes responsibility, and a power. With the help of Unity, the heroes begin their quest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

Hello everyone! Welcome to Catalyst/Four Corners, a project of mine. This SB is going to be featuring a (hopefully) growing cast with new characters being added and taken away at the start of each Chapter - Chapter 2 will start a completely new SB. A fair warning before we move on, I don't write YA. This SB will have some adult themes.

Okay! ^^ Plot and story are mainly my responsibility and maybe the responsibility of one other. Your job is only to participate. Immerse yourself into the role of your character and just go with the flow of the story. Ever play Dungeons and Dragons? Basically, this SB is a campaign. Roll for initiative. This is going to be pretty experimental so please bear with me. ^^

That being said, I would like if there was minimal to no discussion/revision on the main plot. HOWEVER, you're still free to throw bunnies around about the immediate situation our characters are in. If that makes sense...

Something that I'm hoping is going to be extra fun is that this SB runs on secrets! One participant may know something about the plot that another doesn't. And who doesn't love that? On the same note, PMs between you and I are sacred. No one must know their contents but us. No spoilers. (I will go more into depth on this as is needed.)

Anyway, back to the SB! Hope you decide to stay!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day you awaken and notice a change in the world around you. Your senses are heightened, the world seems denser. You feel a power at your core. Engraved on the inside of your wrist is one of four symbols (a circle, infinity sign, closed circle, or x). Outside, snow is falling, you can hear the soft muffled sound of it piling on the streets. Then, another sound pierces the calm... It's your name called from far away.

The symbols represent four power types or fighting styles so please choose whichever seems most appealing, but I will only accept one of each character.

Elora, ruler of Anoyo - The Way of the Saint - Enchantment/Health

Jebus, ruler of Shi - The Way of the Soldier - Tank/Stamina

Zilzilaji, ruler of Sekai - The Way of the Sinner - Beserker/Attack

Inara, ruler of Jikan - The Way of the Shadow - Rogue/Agility

Woody, ruler of Shokubai - The Way of the Spark

Character Profile:

All characters live in Concord, a big city, but do not have to hail from there. This can be shown in slight appearance differences. To show you are not of Concord, choose either an animalistic, thin/sunken, or elf-like physical trait for your character. Concordians are usually pristine and perfect.

Code: Select all
[b]Name, Age:
[/b]
[b]Style:[/b] [b]Weapon:[/b]

[b]Personality:
[/b]
[b]Appearance:
[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

I left out History because that is something for you to develop on your own and strategically reveal throughout the story, like a real character. No one knows everything about a person upon first meeting them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General SB rules apply. Please see Reise for details.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:17 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Harrison Woodridge

The cold chilled the morning dew on Harrison's window into an icy mosaic captivating enough to distract his brain from his racing thoughts, and the decidedly maddening sensation off the ends of his hair barely tickling the tiny hairs on the back of his neck.

He'd watched the entire piece manifest itself, from the first spots of morning dew collecting on the pane up till now, as the mornings rays began to melt it all away. All night, he watched water freeze. It was the only thing keeping panic restrained as a steady throbbing at the base of his throat instead of spilling like it did when he woke. Still, none of it felt quite real.

He was just starting to become fascinated with all the new colors fragmenting the air when the alarm blared its warning. He jumped and smashed the clock with a fluidity that unsettled him. As goosebumps were already rising on his skin, a spot of black on his wrist caught his eye. Harris turned his hand around and ran his fingers over the arrow imprinted on his wrist but immediately jerked his hand back in surprise. The mark was hot to the touch. He frowned in confusion and regarded it again.

"...up...?"

His voice sounded hollow and far away in the emptiness of his room. Tentatively, he checked the ceiling and, after finding nothing, turned back to his wrist.

"What the hell..."

Harrison jumped as his phone began with it's usual morning barrage of messages from his boss. With that, his brain kicked into routine mode and he got out of bed. He picked up the phone and gave his boss some peace of mind. Seven am saw him out the door. Shades covered his eyes and headphones served to block out as much as the world as they could.

"I can do this," he reassured himself under his breath. At the same time, he tried to ignore the fact that he could feel the blood coursing through the tips of his fingers and back. He sighed, put his hood up, and began his walk to work.

--

"You're late."

Harris dropped his chin and scratched at the back of his head.

"I'm sorry, boss-"

"Later. Right now, I need you to asses this location looking to have a room remodeled. Uh," he looked down at the bundle of papers in his hand, "Concord Inc. Anyway, you needed to be leaving five minutes ago."

"Okay, I know the place."

Harris was in front of the building in minutes, having sprung a little extra to take the tube. He didn't make a habit of visiting Inner City, so seeing the tallest building among them all, up close, with whatever freaky thing was happening to his eyes was overwhelming. The top of Concord Inc stretched far beyond the break it made in the clouds - impossibly high. Harrison shook his head and started forward.

He pushed past the door and nearly ran into a burly man stood directly in front of him.

"Harrison Woodridge?"

Harris stumbled back in alarm.

"Uh, yeah. You all wanted a room-"

"Right this way."

The man seized Harris by the shoulder and led him down what appeared to be the only corridor leading away from the main lobby. He passed plain white walls and reflective marble floors that were the uniform for the entire building. Clear bright lights shown from no discernible source. Harrison still wasn't sure he wasn't going to wake up at any moment.

He let himself be brought into a room outfitted with five chairs sat in front of a magnificent mahogany desk. Behind said desk sat a small, friendly looking woman. Harris entered cautiously and took a seat in front of her. She smiled at him and he smiled back but felt the expression pull awkwardly at his face.

"Welcome, Harrison. Please, be comfortable, we'll be starting as soon as the others arrive. Would you like some water, coffee?"

"Coffee," he answered. The response seemed to come from someone else.

The same man handed him a hot cup of coffee seconds later. It was then Harris realized he was still wearing his headphones and music was blazing in the still quiet of the room. He quickly turned off his iPod and sputtered an apology before freezing in his tracks. Harris whipped his head back up at the woman behind the desk and looked on with abject horror at her face. She'd never stopped smiling. Harris frowned and stood abruptly, spilling coffee that didn't burn as it touched his skin.

"What the hell is going on?" His voice was harsher than he knew it could be, but fear wavered clearly in his tone.

"Do not worry. Do not panic," she smiled. "We will begin soon."

The door opened.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:32 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Inara Fsail

Four.

Inara stood, covering herself with the silky sheets. Her clothes were hastily thrown in the visiting room last night. Sloppy, honestly, but she was enjoying the moment at the time. Unprofessional.

One. Seven.

Careful not to make noise, Inara dragged the sheet with with her to the washroom. It was bare, except for the few essentials and a short painting on the wall opposite the mirror of someone she didn't recognize. She scanned her bracelet on the sink, turning it on with a soft hum. The water filled the porcelain bowl slowly. She wet her hands, running them down her forearms carefully. The sheet fell to the tiled floor, exposing her to the world and the painting.

The moisturizing water softened the skin it touched almost immediately.

Five. Five.

She repeated those numbers in her head as she absentmindedly scanned her body. She witnessed those five numbers scribbled hastily on a paper before being wiped as she enter the room. Her current client didn't seem to mind any invasion of privacy on all moments except that one.

This will definitely be reported to her employers.

She breathed in the soft scent of firecracker roses on her skin. The wealthy seem to always have her favorite perfumes hidden away in their complex somewhere.

Rubbing her hands together in the water just before it automatically shut off to reserve power, she noticed something on the inside of her left wrist. Rubbing her finger against it, she recoiled with a slight hiss. It burned her hand the moment she touched it. Turning her wrist to inspect it in the light, it revealed a raised portion of her wrist, engraved in a way of an 'X'. It was red, raised but not harming her until she touches it.

The freckles around the mark had vanished. In fact, the skin around the mark was completely void of any imperfections.

"Inara. You look more stunning than last night."

She turned suddenly to see her client eyeing her up and down with a small crooked smile crawling onto their face.

"Melissa, it's unflattering to sneak up on a lady like that." In truth, she would have heard her client approach her if not pre-occupied b the mark now brazenly on her wrist. She slowly covered the mark with her other hand, attempting to look abashed.

"You weren't a lady last night." Her smile widened, glancing at the sheet littering the floor. "And besides, you can't hide anything I haven't seen already."

Does she know about the mark? Inara smiled, leaning on the counter with her left arm, and pushing back a rebellious strand of crimson hair behind her ear. "What can I say, you know how to make a person loosen up."

She scoffed. "You act like you're not a trained professional at this."

Inara smirked, brushing past Melissa sensually. "Maybe it's my job to act that way."

Melissa's heart quickened, and Inara turned to look at her. She stared at her reflection in the mirror for a small moment, her mind tossing around some thought unknown to Inara. Not wanting to arouse suspicion, Inara glided into the visiting room, collecting her clothes.

The rug bristled against her feet, softly caressing her soles. Something's different. She noticed Melissa's presence behind her, but continued to pull on her clothing.

She could tell Melissa had something on her mind, from her body stance, even though she couldn't see her. "I... think you should come to work with me, Inara."

Not turning around, Inara smiled. "You know that's not how I work."

"I think you'll like Concord Inc."

Sighing, Inara turned to her client. "I keep my relationships strictly professional. I think it's time I leave."

Melissa held her hands up in defeat. "Alright, I know when I'm wrong." She held out a card. "Here. There's someone there interested in meeting you. If you're interested, you know where to go."

Inara grabbed the card. It said nothing but a series of digits. 41755. She smiled at Melissa weakly, but it was no coincidence on the number. Not letting her face reveal any emotions, she touched Melissa on the shoulder. "I'll look into it." Walking to the door, she turned back before she opened it. "You know who to contact if you want to see me again."

With that she left. It would not be easy to get to Concord Inc. without raising suspicion. She'll have to make it look like she was going to her employers for a large portion of the time, severely restricting her options.

But she knew one thing: she was going to investigate this number.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hours later, she reached the building. It was high noon, judging from the shadows she placed as she took the marble steps two at a time.

Not facing the clerks at the desk as she entered, she walked with a purpose, not letting her nerves arouse suspicion.

Stopping at a corner, she waited for people to pass her, examining her bracelet. The mark on her wrist tingled and she shoved her hand into a pocket, not daring to look at it.

"Miss Fsail, you can step out of the shadows whenever you like, I am on a schedule."

Inara jumped and turned to see a blond woman smiling at her with her hands clasped together. "This way." She gestured with a smile.

Too stunned to respond, Inara simply followed the woman. They reached a door with the same five numbers that have been reappearing lately. She turned to face Inara. "Would you like a drink?"

She shook her head. The woman simply smiled and opened the door.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:07 pm
View Likes
Starleene says...

Elora

Elora pushed her feet through the sand and felt every molecule; the cold ocean breeze bit into her skin and she felt the barest change in direction--it was strange and exhilarating at the same time. She felt alive and fully attuned to her surroundings. The colors were vibrant; she could hear children laughing even though she couldn’t see anyone in either direction.

She stared at the thrashing waves and felt at peace belying her innate fear of water. Elora let her mind wander aimlessly until she was brought out of her reverie by the gentle tingling of her phone. She leaned over, snagged it out of her purse and smiled when she saw the caller Id.

“Auntie!”

“Afternoon, Darling. How was your walk?” She didn't question how her aunt knew she went out for a walk, auntie knew everything.

“Great! I stopped at the beach for a minute, what’s going on?”

There was silence on the other end and she feared her phone had dropped the call but then her aunts cheerful voice came on again, “I have to fly out tonight for a business meeting and I completely forgot to pick up this file from work. I’m swamped for the rest of the day and I was wonderin—“

“I’ll pick it up for you.” Elora looked up at the grey sky and smiled when she saw a seagull swoop overhead. The wind picked up and blew her wavy blond hair around, she was starting to feel the bitter cold through her layers, “It’s getting a little windy here anyway.”

“Would you really do that! Oh, thank you! You know where I work, first floor. The file should be on my desk; you can’t miss it!”

She sounded so relieved and the made Elora happy. The happiness of others made her happy and she strived to be kind and caring to those around her. There was already enough darkness in the world and she was determined not to add to it. They made small talk for a minute more while she collected her bag and started back towards the Inner City.

When she hung up after once again promising to bring her aunt the file immediately, she caught sight of the small, strange infinity symbol on her arm. She’d almost forgotten about it. She had no recollection of how she got it and assumed she’d had it from childhood. She ran her fingers over it briefly and marveled at the raised skin, it made her feel powerful. That’s the word. She felt power like she’d never known before and there was nothing to explain where this feeling came from. As soon as she tried to dive deeper into the subject she felt a sharp pain in her temple that made her wince; so she forced herself to drop it and concentrate on other things—like how to snow glistened on the skyscrapers and crunched underneath her boots.

When she reached the outskirts of the city she chose to walk the hour and a half to the building rather than spend money on the tube, besides she liked the outdoors and the weather was perfect for walking. Just cold enough to add a briskness to your walk but warm enough to make you want to stay outside.

She came around the corner and suddenly there it was, Concord Inc., dominating every other building in the vicinity. It seemed to spring out of the pavement and soar into the clouds, inciting the imagination. She could picture an executive princess at the top of the tower, ruling her kingdom with a firm hand. Her subjects both feared and adored her, running to do her bidding perfectly.

Elora shook her head. That was a stupid daydream, and one for children at that. She checked both ways before she crossed the busy street and pushed open the large glass doors.

Mary and Susan were at the reception desk so she greeted them warmly. She couldn’t remember when they met but they always smiled when she walked in…and she knew their name. The had to mean something. She excused herself with a laugh and promised they would catch up later when she didn’t have a deadline.

She walked towards the back of the large room and followed the hallway. The anesthetic feeling of the building made her feel uncomfortable and confined but she always tried to ignore it, after all, she felt uncomfortable and confined in pretty much every building she went into.

When she reached the room she pushed on the door expecting it to be locked but it swung open. At least she wouldn’t have to go and get someone—

Her aunt sat behind her large desk and smiled at her as she walked in. Her aunt was always smiling, come to think of it, she couldn’t remember a time she hadn’t been smiling. She never realized how weird it looked until she saw her behind her desk smiling at the man standing before her. The look of horror on his face confused her and for a second she stopped in her tracks.

Everyone turned to stare at her, she stared at the man who had coffee running down his arms, he stared back. Confusion was thick in the room and Auntie kept smiling. What was she doing here?

What. The. Hell.

“Elora, honey. Come in. Sit down.” She never once took her eyes off the stranger in the room and chose to sit at the end of a row of five chairs.

“Who’s this?” Her voice sounded weird in her own ears.

“What the hell is going on.” He voiced the exact question she had been thinking a moment before; his voice was rough but graceful in her ears. Elora took a second to appreciate that he didn’t sound like he was coming from the end of a long tunnel, like everyone else around her.

“Harrison, sit down. We will begin shortly.” It was more of a demand than a request and she could tell it didn’t sit with him well. Sam, Aunties guard took a step forward, which didn’t seem to intimidate…what was his name?

Harrison.

She blinked and shook her head. That's right Harrison. Harrison didn’t seem intimidated.

Something strange stuck in her mind and she played with it trying to figure out what seemed so wrong about this scene—and then it hit her. She looked at her aunt…who hadn’t stopped smiling during the entire altercation.

“Auntie—“

Just then the door opened and everyone turned to look.
Last edited by Starleene on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:55 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Jebus

When Jeb woke, there were closed circles dancing in his vision, as if some mystical sign of them lived in his eyelids. Standing up, he tried to spalsh some ice-cold water on his face, to clear his vision for the rest of the day. But to no avail.

With clear frustration, Jeb slammed his hand down onto the sink, and with that came a connected pain which roared with the intensity of a burned feeling. And this ain't something that you could slap some butter on and it would be better, like usual. His eyeballs popped when he saw that there was a single circle place in the off-center part of his right wrist. When did he even get a tatoo, he asked himself? Maybe sometimes last night when he got drunk, and ... stuff happened.

But no, that couldn't really be it. He needed to breath in and out, in and out, in and out. He tried telling himself that this is meaningless, that nothing will ever come out of this stupid little tattoo. Jeb was a damn good liar, but he couldn't lie to himself ever. Because that moment when the wrist hit the sink, a visible spark flew out of his inner and outer core. Something had shifted, maybe it was three dimensional, maybe it was only two dimensional, but it seemed like a the balanced triangle inside of him, changed the angles at which it rested.

Beep bop bope. The noise from his intercom snapped him out from his day-dream, and for a split-second he felt ashamed. After all, he prided himself for being a realist, and here he was fooling about with a "random" tattoo, that might have been real to his eyes only. Just a few mintures before, he had been inside his head with a nightmare, so who knows if his couldn't be a side-effect, like a hallucination or illusion or something.

Beep bop bope. Reminding him to get up and stop slouching around. Time to get to work. He quickly walked to get into his tube, waiting for his superior to assign him where he is to be leading the pack today.Searching around for the note that was supposed to be left under the seat, Jeb couldn't find it. Bending down into an uncomfterable position, he stuck his butt out and noticed a scrap piece of paper under the soles of his sandals. In scrawly handwriting, barely visible at all, the paper simply stated:

Concord Inc.

Huh, he's been there before, but there was something quaint about boss's handwriting, upon further inspection. It seemed like the letters were blurred together, and the words had no spaces but were just connected. Ahh, Jebus finally got the signal, his boss was in mega rush for him to get there. Zooming the tube into absolute full motion, Jeb felt like he was sitting in a flying cylinder, but at this early time there was noone and nothing on the streets, which was unusual for the inner city. It was usually bustling with people because as long as there were places to see, there would be people to be there. But then again, 3 a.m. wasn't exactly a place to be "wide-awake", was it? He was going to be the first one there anyways, and waiting there for at least a few more hours. Ahh, but at least he had his varied thoughts to entertain himself with.

After consulting with his stopwatch, which was conveniently placed on the other wrist, he calculated that it had taken him a grand total of 6 minutes and 29 seconds to get there. Hopefully, his boss won't blow up when Jeb confirms the numbers. He double-checked that his silver sword was by his side at all times, and went up to the carved wood and knocked patiently.

Knock.Knock.Knock. Nothing. No response.

Jebus stood there outside twerking with the stress and silently hearing the ticking of the seconds pass by. He made a calm and composed look while he tried to rack his brain to figure out things to do. Taking in the perimeter in with his eyes, he spotted a outgrown by vines and weeds, side door, which said in bright red letters "Emergency Exit". Ah, he would take his chances of going in, because after all, he did know how to shut down the security system.

He hands was shaking, the burned one, so he let that hover for just one more moment to capture his breath. Then, twisting the doorknob left and right, he walked straight in.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:11 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Zilzilaji Penn

A milky beam of light shone on Zilzilaji's face. He was sleeping soundly, gripping the cloth blankets and mumbling under his breath. He was dreaming of white, a cooling wind, and soft voices. Chimes were blowing their song outside. Could it be morning already? He groaned, turning on his side. The window was the only "cut out" of the room. Plain, blue walls. A single head light was above Zilziilaji's limp body. Sweat clinged to the back of his neck. I'll lay here for a few minutes. The world isn't going anywhere. There was a bird calling from outside, along with small dog bark. Same. Old. Boring. Day. Zilzilaji thought.
He would stare at the ceiling often, drawing invisible lines with his eyes before giving up and growing bored. The little window in his room, provided very little light and a glimpse of the outside world. Cloudy day. A small thought was asking him to get up. Do something. Make a mark. He was lazy. Sleeping was on his mind until an alarm went off. Under his bed. It only went off since the weight of the bed didn't feel lighter. Zilzilaji groaned, grabbing a nearby pillow and slamming it onto his face. I want to die.

------

Surely, but slowly, he was awake. Zilzilaji waited by the large metal door, tapping his foot lightly. Wasn't this door suppose to open by now? When it did, nobody was inside the elevator. Music fluttered around Zilzilaji as he sighed. Where am I going? He didn't remember much, only being lead into the room he woke up in. It hadn't bothered him. He was kinda used to it. Going around town, looking for a place to stay and hopefully, live there for a week. People would often stare at him, throwing knives with their eyes. He was unloved. For some reason, he felt safer here- wherever here was. The sound of the elevator hummed while Zilzilaji leaned against one of the railings.
The doors opened to a glossy, stone lobby. A small fire is located on the west side surrounded by plush, small recliners. Some pictures of plants were put on the peeling yellow paint. Small, green potted plants were on the tables with some magazines. Where am I?

There was a lady in a desk, her head down and was typing. It echoed throughout the lobby. Like horse feet. Tap. Tap. Tap. Space. A rythme. Now is not the time, Zil. He thought to himself, walking aimlessly around. There was a slight chill in the air, coming from the poor A/C quality. The hums of the elevators rang throughout the lobby, moving up and down to different places of the building.
He looked around for sometime, shoving his hands into his pockets. The lady behind the desk was now staring at Zilzilaji, like a hawk watching a mouse.

"Can I help you, sir?"

Zilzilaji turned slowly, pointing a thumb at himself. The lady behind the counter nodded.

"I need help with a lot of things. Frankly, we don't have the time to deal with all the problems I have so I'll just go with one question:on: where exactly am I?"

The lady put a finger on her lips. "That depends. Where do you want to be at?"

"I want to be home."

"Then you shall be home," the lady said before looking down at her keyboard. "If that's all you need help with, I'll go back to doing my job."

Zilzilaji narrowed his eyes. "That's not what I mean."

"What do you mean then, sir?" The lady asked sweetly, resting her hands on the keyboard.

"I want you to tell me where I am at."

"I thought I did, sir."

Zil groaned, pinching his nose. This is going to be a long hour.

"I just want to know where I am. Is that so much to ask for?" He exasperatedly said. The lady behind the counter smiled sweetly.

"I'll have to cost, ya,"

"Really? Just to know a location." The lady nodded, still smiling. Unbelievable. "How much is this going to cost?"

"A visit through that door," the lady said, pointing to a tall, black door. Zil went into a laughing fit, clenching his stomach. "What's so funny, sir?"

"No-thing. You want me to just go through that door? That's just stupid!"

The lady, with death in her eyes, smiled. "It really isn't that simple. Behind that door lurks secrets and nightmares and-"

"And Alfa!" Zil joked. The lady stiffen. "So much more stuff beyond your imagination! You won't sleep for days!" Zilzilaji chuckled, holding his stomach. "Aaah. I haven't had a good laugh in forever."

"Do you think this is a joke? All of this?"

"Somewhat," Zil said cleaning his fingers. "It seems exaggerated. All of it."

"Very wel. Please follow me," the lady said, getting down from her seat. She was through a small door, and stood in front of Zilzilaji. The lady was wearing a purple skirt with different colored circles, white blouse, and black flats. Zil shrugged, following after the lady. He noticed different paintings on the white walls, men with scruffy black beards and small blue eyes. Runs in the family.

When the reached the door, the lady took out a silver key from one of her skirt pockets. She sighed, looking at Zilzilaji then the key. Then back to the key.

"Are you sure about this?"

"If it helps me understand where I'm at." It was then, at that very moment, he regreted everything.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon