Young Writers Society

Star Wars: Rise of the Legion

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:44 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Skye Merem

Only a day passed before Skye was contacted by her old friend. Maybe new old friend? All in all, she was very confused with the whole situation.

She was just lounging in the pilot’s seat with her feet on the controls, sipping caff and staring at the busy, city-like planet below. With a sigh, she removed her feet and maneuvered the craft down to the planet’s surface. Skye still needed to eat, and she had a fairly honorable way of doing that, transporting people places in return for credits. It was fairly well paying. She didn’t need to do her job nonstop to be able to live. Well enough, at least.

And then the console beeped. Skye, previously slumped over, sat straight up and slammed her fist against the answer button.

“Skye? You there?”

Skye smiled brilliantly, but it faded to a frown. “Zarash? You can’t have escaped—“

His answer was short and aggravated. “I did. They brought in this girl for reconditioning, and assigned me as her master.”

Skye inhaled sharply. She knew what reconditioning meant. She was considered young enough to not have to go through, but she had heard the screams of those who resisted. They echoed in her head for years. It was one of the many reasons she chose to escape. She was brought back to reality when Zarash spoke again. “I couldn’t leave her there, so I packed, and now we’re gone. We hit a bit of a rough patch, but we got away. So now I’m wanted by the Legion as well.”

Skye was surprised. “That was a… change of plans. Where are you now?”

“We’re close to Dathomir now.”

Skye grinned. “Perfect. I’m landing in Taris right now. Come meet me here,” She sent him coordinates for a local pub near the equator. “And we can discuss things further. See you there.”

Zarash’s blue holographic form nodded once, then flickered out. Skye jumped into the air, screaming, “Yes!”

NK hobbled into the room, looking worried. “Miss, are you alright?”

Skye turned around, a huge smile still splitting her face. “I’m perfectly fine. I’m better than fine. Don’t you have things to do? Like…” NK excused himself. Skye frowned, and muttered, “Kriff. I forgot to ask what he’d be wearing… Oh well, he’ll find me.”

Skye sat back down in her pilot’s chair and steered the ship to a landing platform close enough to the pub. She walked to her quarters and changed into fresh clothing and noticed her old cloak. She frowned. It was dark, inky black. Much different from her white one that she normally wore, which was light and airy. She wore it mostly to try to subconsciously push herself further to the light. But she was going to a pub. Skye frowned again, and changed into the classic earthy tones of a bounty hunter, and latched her belt around her hips. She called her sabers to her hand and clipped them to the belt, letting them hang freely before grabbing her old, black cloak and latching it, covering the sabers up. She threw the hood up and smiled, face partially shrouded in shadow. She was ready.

Skye slammed her fist against the button that would open the ramp and ran out into the busy street. This was a new dawn, a new day, a new chapter in her life. No longer would she be solitary and miserable, and struggling to come back from the dark. She had someone else to help, to be a companion to her.

Even though there would be problems, a whole lot of near-death situations, battles…

Finally, hopefully, everything would be okay.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:50 pm
View Likes
Vellichor says...

Zarash Tichon

That was far too close... Zarash let out a deep breath and allowed his eyes to follow the pieces of debris that had only moments before been a TIE fighter. "What was that?" He asked, turning to the girl. "I felt that. I was not told that you were a Force user..." Frowning he turned away. The Legion will not let a Force sensitive escape so easily...

"They'll be coming after us, and looking for this ship. Good job removing those trackers, but the Legion will be on our tail again before too long. I need to make a call." Walking back into the troop staging room of the ship, Zarash opened a comms channel to his new old? friend, Skye.

"Skye? You there?" His voice was still somewhat shaky following the space battle, and he willed his heartbeat to calm, his voice to steady.

"Zarash?" Her tone changed abruptly as she no doubt realized the implications of his call. "You can't have escaped-"

"The plan had to be modified, but I did. They brought in this girl for reconditioning, and assigned me as her master." He paused and waited for the ominous message to sink in, hearing a harsh intake of breath before continuing.

"I couldn’t leave her there, so I packed, and now we’re gone. We hit a bit of a rough patch, but we got away. So now I’m wanted by the Legion as well." Oh kriff. His own actions suddenly dawned upon him. They're after you as well now, Tichon.

He shook his head and cleared his thoughts as his friend spoke again. "That was a... change of plans." To say the least. "Where are you now?"

"We're close to Dathomir now, if our NavComputer is still functioning correctly. We took quite a beating from Legion fighters before we escaped. This girl is one hell of a pilot and.... I think that she is Force sensitive as well. My superio-.... the Legion did not tell me that she was before sending me in to interrogate her, and I'm not sure what that might mean..."

"I'm landing on Taris right now. Come and meet me there." Zarash heard a series of furious taps and beeps as Skye entered her coordinates and looked at them briefly before saving them to his datapad.

"We can talk more about our situation when we arrive, the girl I escaped with did a good job taking out the trackers, but I have no doubts that the Legion is still listening." The Pureblood paused and then issued a final nod, closing the comms and allowing a smile to flicker across his features. Perhaps my fortune is taking a turn for the better after all.

Walking back to the cockpit, Zarash took a seat in the copilot's chair, turning to face the girl who was intently staring at the controls. "That was quite some piloting." He paused when her eyes flicked fearfully up and back down at the former Sith. "I am called Zarash. What is your name? I don't believe that our names can hurt us any more than we are already, considering that the entirety of the Legion is after us now."

Waiting for her reply, he nodded in understanding and continued. "My friend will be waiting for us on Taris." Typing in the coordinates Skye had sent him, he kept talking. "There, we will have to find other means of disguise. Sk-... Er, my friend will provide transportation. You are welcome to come with us to.... wherever we go, but know that I will not force you to do anything. Here are some credits if you choose to go your own path. I'm afraid that the Legion confiscated your own money and no doubt added it to the Treasury. This should be enough to get you a change of clothes and food and transport off planet."
Last edited by Vellichor on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:01 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Anita

"Thank you Zarash. I'm Anita, although I should probably stop telling people that if the Legion is after me." I said, taking the credits.

I began formulating a plan, I'd arrange transport to Jakku, where I'd hidden a blockade runner. Then I'd track down Ebony, and we'd start fresh. Ditch the ship, get something new, that I'd never owned before and couldn't be identified by yet. I brainstormed for a new name for myself, because if a legion person was looking for an Anita instead of a Felicity just asking people wouldn't help much, unless they used descriptions. I was kind of glad that the Legion had taken away my coat, because I couldn't have left it behind on my own, it had been my father's, after all.

I shifted into landing gear and set down on Taris. I wondered who this mysterious "friend" might be, someone from the legion? I was slightly nervous that I didn't know more, but Zarash had gotten me this far, I decided that I could trust him- unless experience proved otherwise. And if experience proved otherwise in the near future, I had a feeling I'd be dead, or worse.

I found myself in a crowded bar, all the better for hiding conversations under the din. To be quite honest desolate bars gave me goosebumps, less witnesses for crime. Then again, that had never stopped me from stealing from those who attacked me, but in that case which was the lesser crime?

It took quite a while to find his friend, especially since I had no idea what she looked like, and he had no idea what she was wearing. I tripped on quite a few people's ankles and discovered that making myself unnoticeable was not really my strong suit, I just seemed to always stand out. Eventually, she found us. She was tall for a Korun, and had black hair with brightly colored highlights. In my opinion, she had pretty eyes.

"Nice to meet you." I held out a hand to shake.

She shook my hand. "So, are you coming with us?"

"Nah, but may the force be with you both."

"Same for you."

"Thank you. I mean it." I said, and then I left to find my companion.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

42 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:12 am
Vellichor says...

Derryn Ordo

The Mandalorian awoke with a start as his ship touched down once more and he pulled his helmet back over his head. "Arri!" He called into the galley. "We're going. Maybe we'll find a job this time, huh?" Here's hoping, anyway....

The two walked down the ramp of the Mantis and looked around warily. "Keep your hand on your gun, Arribecca. The Outlander doesn't seem to have changed while we've been away." Derryn pushed through the swinging doors of the cantina and headed straight for the bar, activating his voice modulator as he walked before taking a seat and speaking.

"Me and my friend here are looking for work. Who do we want to talk to?" The metallic and harsh voice emanating from Derryn's helmet automatically translated his native tongue into Huttese. Don't even think about it, barkeep. Derryn's eyes followed the bartender's blue hand as the Duros began to reach under the counter, presumably for a weapon.

The Mandalorian's own hand drifted slowly down until it rested upon the blaster at his hip when the Duros pulled back and pointed to a corner booth before sighing. "Those three have been causing a ruckus all day over somethin'... said they'd been robbed and some of their friends killed. Talk to them and maybe you'll get a job." The blue skinned sentient paused before offering a second remark. "I don't know who you are, but the Outlander Club doesn't deal with Bounty Hunters anymore. I suggest you take your.... business elsewhere."

Derryn grinned slowly before raising his head to look straight into the Duros' red eyes. "That's funny, because I know exactly who you are, and I deal with whomever I please." pause for effect... "Now if you'll excuse me."

Arribecca offered a low chuckle and gave the bartender a withering stare as they passed, who cowered under the Wookiee's attention.

"Aoacwocwo oowhwoc anooooor anahorwo rhrawa whwoohc... Rhanraoaor cworcraakacc?" Derryn looked up sharply. "No. These aren't Black Seraphs. They never mix with Mandalorians, let alone Wookiees. Besides, the Seraphs would have opened fire by now if they had seen us..."

Please don't be Seraphs, please don't be Seraphs...

The three in the corner booth looked up in unison from their drinks, a look of incredulity and mild annoyance painted clearly on their faces.

Derryn looked down at the seated trio before speaking. "Heard you were having some trouble with a thief."

The man sitting in the middle stood slowly. "Who's askin?" He made a show of placing his hand on the blaster at his hip and looking the Mandalorian up and down. "Haven't seen one of you people around much lately." He paused. "Outside of the Temple anyway..."

The Temple? What the.... What have I missed while I've been gone? Derryn forced this thought to the back of his mind though; there was a job to acquire...

"Yes, well, not all of us are friends of the Je'daii." Derryn spoke slowly and cautiously, but his disdain for the light side Force users leaked through his tone.

The middle man narrowed his eyes and was quiet for a moment before raising his drink. "To us then. The few and far between." He tossed back the liquid and slapped the glass onto the table. "The Jedi have spread through the system as of late. Like rats, they are. Good to know we're not the only scum who aren't under their goody-goody thumb."

Derryn allowed a breath of relief escape his mouth and nodded, a smile creeping across his features, hidden beneath his helmet.

"Now... about that thief...."

---------------------

Derryn and Arribecca stepped through the doors of the cantina into the cool, upper-level Coruscanti air and each took a deep breath. It was easy sometimes to forget that one was standing in the largest city in the galaxy...

"Lets go stock up, Arri. Knowing what I do of Crientes, we're going to need some heavy duty tranq's.... and more guns..." Derryn's friend offered a knowing grumble and looked down at the Mandalorian with an amused look.

"Oh shut it." Derryn said, grinning up at his friend. "You know as well as I do that those creatures are just as dangerous as you or I.... Plus, when are more guns not necessary?"

The two chuckled as they headed off down the bustling street, shoving each other playfully before striding back up the ramp of their ship. "We're going to pay the Sugi's a visit...."
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:45 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Erikenai Stone

Erik Stone whooped with joy as he piloted the speeder bike at an exhilarating speed through the forest. He glanced behind him to see how his friends were doing.

Dayome Lung was gripping Erik's shoulders with a vice-like grip as she stared ahead with an expression of abject terror, while Ro looked both frightened and terrified as her arms were thrown about Dayome's waist. He gave them a reassuring grin before turning back.

"I don't see why you have to drive this fast." said Dayome loudly (to be heard over the sound of the bike's engine and the wind).

Erik smiled and replied, "Two reasons: It's fun, and we'll get there faster."

Dayome frowned at that, but wisely decided not to argue with Erik. "But shouldn't you at least be wearing a helmet?" she asked.

"Helmets are clunky and cumbersome. I feel much lighter without one." replied Erik.

Dayome seemed to think on this for a second before saying, "I don't think you've taken enough safety precautions."

Erik replied with a frown, "Hey, I'm wearing the goggles like you guys, aren't I?"

Dayome sighed. "Those won't help you if we crash! Besides, why couldn't we just go in your ship, the Firestone?"

Erik replied, "Too obvious! That design is now being supplied to the Jedi. Flying into Ashtown with that ship would connect us with them, and get us shot down before we reached the ground. On that note, you might want to hide your lightsaber while we're there."

At that, Dayome's face visibly paled. But she tucked her lightsaber away where it couldn't be seen. Erik smiled reassuringly at her again, but it didn't seem to help.
Then he looked ahead and slowed down the bike until they came to a stop at the edge of the forest.

Before them, the land steeply sloped down. At the bottom lay Ashtown. It hadn't changed since Erik had last been there, years before. Hundreds of ramshackle buildings were clustered around the tall spaceport in the center, and factories were dotted here and there, which usually produced drugs or other black market goods. Black fumes were constantly being released from their towers, and a haze of pollution was visible above the settlement.

"Alright. We better go over a few rules before entering Ashtown." said Erik.

"Rules?" asked Ro with a frown.

"Yup." replied Erik. "You won't survive here without 'em. Now, no interruptions until I'm done. Rule one:You both must do whatever I tell you to do. I know these people, and this area, and what I tell you could mean the difference between life and death.
Rule two:You must never insult anyone here, and you must show respect to anyone here who I tell you is high ranking. Rule three: I do the talking to everyone, and neither of you will interrupt. Rule Four: Dayome, no talking posh. We can't afford to give the impression that we are even remotely connected to the high class, or the Jedi."

"Hey, I don't talk posh!" exclaimed Dayome.

Erik raised an eyebrow at her. "Yes, you do." he said. "And the failure to obey any of these rules will probably lead to death. Understood?"

They both nodded, though Dayome didn't look too happy about it.

"Good." said Erik. And then he sped the bike down the slope into Ashtown.

As the borders of the settlement, a group of guards barred their way, blasters raised.

"Who are you?" asked the big man at their head.

"Yo!" said Dayome, obviously trying to talk street. "Man, give us a break. You feel me?"

Erik gave her a look that he hoped said shut up before turning back to the guard.

"Please forgive my friend." he said. "She's not all there. Is Corzon, the head of security, around here? He knows me."

The man frowned angrily at that. "Corzon is Zed's head of security. I work for Orden."

Erik paled at that. I've just taken a side in a power struggle! he thought as he tried to think a way out of that situation, when a voice piped up.

"But Zed's still in charge of Ashtown, Bern!" said someone from behind Erik. He turned around to see his old friend Corzon, and sighed with relief.

Corzon turned to Erik and said, "I've just contacted Zed on my com. You're under his protection, and no one can harm you. If you want a place to crash at any time, just head to the station and Zed will let you in."

Erik nodded and thanked him before starting up his bike again and making his way into town, thinking as he did so that even with Zed's protection, things might not be very safe for Erik and his friends with a gang power struggle going on...

42 Reviews

Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:01 am
Vellichor says...

Zarash Tichon

When the Pureblood and his companion landed, they gathered what they could before leaving the stolen Legion ship a number of miles outside of the town. Zarash had his problems with simply leaving the ship, fast and largely fueled as it was, but he knew that, removed trackers or no, the Sith would be on their tail soon enough. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it...

Zarash and Anita sauntered into the cantina they had arranged to meet Skye earlier, doing their best to avoid detection when Zarash stopped cold, causing a waiter to bump into him, dropping his food-laden platter. "Hey, watch it! You gotta pay for that ya know!"

Zarash could not hear the man. No... It cannot be...

The Pureblood quickly told Anita to find his friend. "I have to see something. Find Skye and tell her what you plan to do. Tell her I will be outside. And good luck." He hesitated. "And may the Force be with you." The Jedi saying felt strange on his lips, but... appropriate. "Stay safe, Anita."

With that, Zarash swept through the door and stood up straight.

Martonius... Even the name sent a cold feeling through the red-skinned man's limbs. His former master had been a truly terrible sight to behold on the battlefield, no, anywhere. The Sith lord had been the one to indoctrinate Zarash himself, and the Pureblood doubted he ever would have been able to separate himself from the darkness, had it not been for the man's sudden disappearance. The Legion must have hidden him away... and now they've sent him after his former apprentice...

Rage boiled suddenly in Zarash's chest and he threw his caution to the wind, along with his cloak and facemask as he pulled his twin sabers from his belt. "Martonius!!! Show yourself, you bastard!!!"

Through his anger, the Pureblood had a thought. This presence reeks of Martonius, but.... it is different....

This thought was swept away as a lone figure separated itself from the now-fleeing crowd, and Zarash's doubts were squashed with the emergence of the hilt that the figure carried. It is as I feared... My old master, Darth Martonius...

Zarash's blades erupted from the twin hilts seemingly before he even pressed the activators, and he flew at the cloaked man. "I'll kill you for what you did!!!"
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm
wakarimasen says...

Ilyana Tahren

"Darth Void."

A series of monosyllabic hisses emanated from behind the Sith's black hood in acknowledgement, followed by the disembodied voice of the Jawa's miniature translator droid (or M-TD). Even in those few moments where Darth Void opted to speak in Basic, his halting tone always seemed to be mocking her. Rank-wise, he was her inferior, but he was nobody's apprentice except Darth Talon's. That, he made agonizingly clear with his brazen speech.

Yet, she was the one looking down her nose at him. From this height, it was so much easier to lob off the head of an insubordinate Sith. On many occasions, she'd come this close to doing so, and so had Void's Master. But the cause of Darth Talon's death remained unknown - that fact, and that alone, kept Ilyana's rage in check.

"The Dark Council has permitted your expedition to Myrkr," Ilyana informed him, forcing a veneer of calm. "You are to depart at oh-two-hundred hours."

Void switched to Basic, his halting, hissing speech something akin to nails on chalkboard. "Affirmative ... Lady Tahren." Seeming to float on a cloud of darkness, he left.

Ilyana's proposal, to visit Myrkr, had been met by the Dark Council with skepticism. Especially by Darth Entitis ... Mourdica. How an insolent quulaar-rider like her had become Fifth in the Council remained a mystery. Ilyana was so much more powerful and they knew it. It was surely that one poor choice, that one mistake, that they held against her.

Recollecting the discussion, Ilyana was reluctant to admit that she'd been very ... emotional. That pivotal moment when she'd been able to reach out and touch her daughter's mind made her heart sing with tainted joy. Every day since the child's disappearance, she'd probed the Dark Force for that familiar presence, so expertly concealed until now.

"The youngling I speak of who was stolen by a smuggler ten years ago," Ilyana insisted, "possessed extraordinary abilities I have finally found her." Blood samples from ten years ago reinforced up her claims, and it was evident that the counsel regarded them with great interest. Nobody's midichlorian count had been that high since.... (Very well, Ilyana may have altered the statistics a little.)

Careful to conceal her true thoughts from the five hooded, seated figures, she'd continued, "With rigorous training, the child would be a great asset to the Legion." And the key to its ultimate destruction as well.

Ilyana allowed the face of her sister to materialize in her mind. Such an innocent, beautiful life so brutally cut short in the name of corruption. The rage against that injustice continued to fuel Ilyana's connection to the Darkness. At last, she would have her revenge.

Ro Fidsmor

She'd never had the chance to finish that conversation with Uncle Jasek. "I know," he'd said simply, but before he could say more - tell her the truth, surely - Erik and her father spoiled the moment with news that the swoop bike was now working.

Jasek was to stay behind with the crientes, to monitor the camp while the others headed to Ashtown. Ro wanted to stay behind, but Grin insisted she stay close. He didn't want her wandering off ... again. (There had been an elaborate pause before the "again," which gave Ro an idea of what her dad was thinking.)

At first, Ro was excited - finally, some civilization! (And yes, she had every intention of doing a bit of exploring.) Now that they were here, surrounded by hordes of slime and villainy, Ro was wondering why she didn't protest more about staying behind.

People of all races and heights milled about the main square, their masked or hooded faces turned to the ground. Ro could sense an overall air of anxiousness about the passersby. Nobody made eye contact. You never knew who might recognize your face, and furthermore, who might turn you in for it. That's what Grin claimed, anyway - he looked pretty ridiculous in goggles and a headscarf, but it worked.

Dayoyme - who had a cover story of being "not all there," - hopped nervously from one foot to the other, not unlike a Kowakian monkey-lizard on kaf. It was obvious that the Jedi girl was far out of her element here. "Erik," she whispered, "who is this Zed, and how long must we wait for him?"

Erik shrugged, attempting to look nonchalant, but Ro knew better. "You'll find out soon enough."

Grin crossed his arms. As always, he was suspicious "How do you know we aren't walking into a trap?"

While the "adults" bickered, Ro let her eyes wander across their surroundings. Something felt off. It had brief, like the zapping feeling you get when you brush against an energy binder by mistake, right before the numbness kicks in - but she was certain she'd felt something give her mind (if that was even possible) a little poke.

Among the ducked heads of Ashtown's denizens, across the square, Ro caught sight of a hooded figure, and it was staring directly at her.

Ro grabbed her father's sleeve. "Dad...."

She was interrupted by a booming voice. "Welcome!"

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:00 am
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Skye Merem

Skye had been lounging in a corner, nursing a glass of (very likely) watered-down ale when she first heard the shouts. She sat up abruptly, hand gripping the hilt of her 'saber.

"What is going on?" she muttered, standing up and flipping off her hood. She scanned the cantina for Anita, the girl Zarash had saved in escaping the Legion. She didn't see her. "Damn. Where is that girl? Zarash said he'd bring her!" With a scoff, Skye slid out of her seat and closed her eyes, stretching out her senses, searching for a light, but untrained presence.

There! Her eyes snapped open, making out the well-built girl in the black jacket who was looking around, presumably for her.

Skye grinned. Gotcha. She cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted over the din, "Anita!" The girl cocked her head and looked around, obviously looking for the one who called her. Skye frowned, and mentally nudged her. When Anita's head swung towards her and her eyes widened in recognition,she smirked and gave a little wave. Anita smiled back and jogged towards her.

Wait... Where's Zarash? Skye's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She leaned closer to Anita and whispered, "Hey... If you don't know, I'm Zarash's 'Secret Contact'. I guess. But, uh..." she trailed off, and paused before continuing. "Where is he? Zarash, I mean." She leaned back and crossed her arms under the cloak, waiting for a response.

"He told me to come tell you that he went outside to... take care of something. He didn't say what. Also, uh, thanks for all you did for me, but I really have to get going. I need to find a lost friend of mine. We were separated a while back..." Anita bit her lip.

Skye, feeling a pang of sympathy, smiled sadly and nodded. "I know the feeling. Good luck out there, don't get captured again," she said with a wink. "This time, we don't have someone on the inside to save you." A pause. "May the force be with you."

A nod and a whirl of long brown hair as Anita turned was all she received before the girl ran off. As soon as her back was turned, Skye's face crumpled. She closed her eyes and shook her head.

Damn it, Erik. Why did you have to go and get yourself lost!? You were the only family I had left...

"No!" Skye exclaimed aloud. "Shut up! Don't dwell on ghosts!"

She felt a twinge of pain in the palm of her hand. When she looked down, she say four bleeding crescents there. She growled in the back of her throat. Now is not the time for this!

Martonius! Show yourself, you bastard!

Skye gasped and clutched her head. Zarash's voice had projected loudly and clearly, reverberating in her skull. The command exuded barely controlled rage.

Zarash! she projected back. Zarash, you need to calm down! Remember, cut ties!

He either didn't hear her, or was ignoring her. Or he didn't realize he was projecting his words into the Force in the first place. Maybe a mixture of all three.

Skye cursed, grabbing her cloak and running through the crowded cantina. She tugged it on forcefully, not caring that she'd probably have to throw it off later in a duel if Zarash didn't calm down.

A little further... There! She was out the door.

Zarash was as well, immediately recognizable with his hood off. The street was suddenly devoid of people except for a few merchants, who were rushing themselves and their goods away as quickly as they could, Zarash, and a cloaked figure standing a few meters away.

Damn, he's pissed, Skye thought wryly, standing there in silence before shrugging her cloak off yet again and grabbing her twin 'sabers and holding them ready. The anger, the pure rage radiated off of him, not only in the Force, but in the tension of his shoulders and the overall battle-readiness of his posture.

Zarash's bloodred sabers were barely ignited before he flew at the cloaked man.

"I'll kill you for what you did!" The rage-sodden exclamation was deafening both in her head and out loud.

Very, very pissed, she mused as she, too, ignited her sabers and threw herself into the fray.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:39 am
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

Darth Maxus

I was in the market place, waiting for the twins to visit their home visit you could call it. We had made a stop in order for them to visit their parents which I didn't mind of course. I glanced down at my comm link, than spoke." Let me know when your back at the ship so we can continue onto Naboo." I turned back to the shopkeeper I was speaking with and began to speak with her about fruit in her own language. Her eyebrows raised in surprise at my skill with her language, but happily began to chat in her language.

I listened politely, but than I felt... A presence. It was an extremely angry one.. And I felt it was directed at me for some odd reason. I closed off my mind, as I politely asked about the prices, when a wave of anger made me stumble as I clutched my head. The shopkeeper glanced at me worriedly. I shook my hand, waving her off.

Than I heard... Him. Martonius?? The street cleared, as the shopkeeper I was with ran away in fright. I turned to the menacing man, waves of anger rolling off of him. The force was... Filled with his rage. I took off my cloak, my father's saber glistening in the bright sun. This sent my pursuer into an outrage, as he ignited his blades, and rushed towards me.

My saber was in my hand and ignited as I met his blows, moving quicker as his blades came within inches of me. I force pushed him back a bit to get some space. He slid back several meters, before charging at me. I raised my blade to block his blow, before swinging it down to block his other blade.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a Jedi charge towards me. How had the Legion and the Jedi catch up to me so quick? My thought were interrupted as I had to roll out of the way as the new duelist tried to take me out from behind me. I saw my first attacker shove her out of the way, shouting," He's mine!" Before resuming our duel.

Sweat and the dust of the square was all I could feel, as he and I fought for what seemed like minutes. We were breathless, and exhausted, but the rage emanating from him gave him strength. I leaped onto a stall, glaring down at him.

"I have no idea who this Martonius is friend, but I'll help you find him if that means you'll stop fighting me." I said peacefully, watching him carefully as he stared up at me. He cocked his head, than leaped up to attack me. I used the force to push me away from the stall. It collapsed on him, the dust blocking my view of where he was.
That's when I felt the presence of several beings watching us closely.

I turned, just as a Sith Hunter squadron, leaped down from the top of the surrounding buildings, igniting their blades. Legion. But than who was I dueling? The Jedi woman who was with him marched up to him."Zarash, we have bigger problems than this lone Sith!" She said to him.

This seemed to clear his head a bit, as if he was just now noticing our new friends. I looked at him." You fool!! You've been tracked by Legion Hunters?!" I shouted at him. He looked at me, a bit peeved that I was yelling at him, when merely moments ago, we had just been fighting for our lives.

An armored Sith Captain stepped forward, eyeing the one known as Zarash." Blade Master Zarash Tichon. I have been ordered by the Dark Council to bring you in. Come peacefully, and you may be shown mercy." He turned towards me." Darth Maxus, you are wanted on the murder of five Legion Commanders, 12 Legion Masters, 4 Sith Knights, and countless other charges. Come peacefully, and the Dark Council may offer you mercy."

I gave them a dramatic bow, glancing at my computer cuff, than smirking." I'm afraid I have things to do elsewhere gentleman. But I bid you adieu. Have fun with each other." The Sith Commander shouted an order, and his men leapt into combat. I leaped into the air... Right into the hovering Heathen. I glanced at the siblings." Took your time didn't you!?" I shouted, as the cloaking device deactivated. I approached the lowered platform as I glanced down towards the Blademaster, who was engaging 3 Sith Hunters at a time.

"I don't know who Martonius is Blade Master, but if you survive this, I'll help you find him. I'll be in Naboo!" I shouted as the Heathen began to lift off. I entered the cockpit as we left the dueling Sith in the bright sun.

"Well, after that excitement, time to press onwards toward Naboo, and my Master." I said to the siblings, before crashing into a seat, exhausted.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:08 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Erikenai Stone

Erik smiled at the big bearded man, standing in the doorway of one of the buildings, who had welcomed them. "Hey, Doros." he said.

Doros smiled back, "I'm pleased to see you here, Erik! It's been over a year since I last saw you."

Erik replied, "I've been busy. Oh, and these are friends of mine."

Grin nodded and said, "I'm Gr-"

Doros held up a hand, cutting him off. "No need for names, friend. In fact I prefer it if I don't know. That way, I don't have a name to give anyone if someone comes looking."

Grin looked dumbfounded but nodded. "Alright." he said, looking quite uncomfortable.
"What do you do?" he asked.

Doros replied, "I trade in tech. Weapons, mainly, but other stuff too. But please come in. I'll be glad to show you my stock." Erik then parked the speeder bike and Doros led them into the dark passage that led to his store.

~~~~

As they sat and had hot coffee fetched by one of Doros's attendants (which Dayoyme and Grin seemed rather suspicious of, but which Ro gulped down with gusto and had several cups of), Erik explained their situation. Doros nodded occasionally, and listened intently.

Grin whispered to Erik, "Why are you telling him all this? He might sell us out to the Legion!"

"I can hear everything you say, friend." said Doros calmly, gesturing to his ear, where everyone could see what Erik had already known was there; metal chips embedded just above the ear, to enhance his hearing.

"I did this to make sure that no one could say things about me behind my back without my knowing." he said.

Grin paled and made to say something but Doros cut him off, saying, "I am no friend of the Legion, my good man. In fact, Erik once saved me from them. I had refused to hand over my stock of weapons to them, so they had taken me prisoner, and were leading me away when Erik leaped out of the watching crowd, in a mask, and shot down my two guards, allowing me to run. I owe him a debt that can never be repaid."

Grin nodded at that, seeming pacified after hearing that.

Doros then smiled at Erik and said, "I have some new electro-bombs and stun disks. Interested?"

Erik grinned back, "Are you kidding? Try and keep me away!"

Doros chuckled and led hm into a back room, where Erik knew he kept his best stuff for his favorite customers. Erik filled his pack with packets of small thick metal orbs, and bundles of thin metal disks, as well as a few other things.

Grin and Dayoyme looked warily at the items that lined the racks in the room, with Dayoyme muttering, "This can't be legal." over and over again.

Once Erik was done, he thanked Doros and asked how much he owed him. "1.5k" he replied. "At our usual discount." he added with a wink

Erik nodded with a grin and took out his credit bank (small device used for transferring credits from one person to the other) and transferred the money to Doros.

"Oh, by the way," said Erik, getting Doros's attention. "I'll also need a few parts to repair our ship. If I tell you now, can you get them?"

Doros nodded and replied, "Of course." and noted down as Erik recited the list of parts that they needed.

"You'll have to give me a day to gt them though." he said. "Come back tomorrow at noon."

Erik agreed before saying, "Thanks again, Doros. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go meet Zed." before leading the small group out.

~~~~

Erik strode softly through the streets of Ashtown, whistling softly.He was glad to finally not stick out so much, having left his friends behind at the space station. Zed hadn't been there, having had to go away for a trade deal, but Corzon , whom Zed had left in charge, had promised Erik that his friends would be safe, and be fixed up with decent accommodations.

Erik had also got the same promise from a number of Zed's other henchmen. Having known many of them quite well, Erik knew that they would keep their promises to him. So. he was free to wander for a while.

Suddenly, he heard a voice say, "Hey, is that Erik?" and Erik turned and said, "Donny!" with a grin.

Erik stood patiently as Donny's tentacles rubbed over his face as he scanned him. "It is Erik!" exclaimed the Dagbar from Dubarag, a far out little known planet of the galaxy.

Erik grinned at his familiar amphibian face, with long tentacles instead of hair, stretching down to his knees. Other people of several races surrounded him, but all dressed in the same blue and silver of the Stormcrows, a speed biker gang that did races all around the galaxy, which were bet on, an illegal practice in most planets. Erik had served with them for a while.

Erik greeted each of them in turn, before Donny said, "Wow, Erik, it's great to see you again! It's been over two years since we last saw you. How you been?"

Erik lightly punched Donny's shoulder before saying, "You know me, Donny! Wandering around, serving here and there. Right now, I'm here awaiting parts to fix up my ship, which crashed some way out."

"Too bad." replied Donny. "Hey is that your ride?" he asked, pointing out Erik['s speeder bike which he had parked some way away.

Erik nodded and Donny shook his head. "Crying shame, that. You were the best biker we had, and you have that piece of junk there? Tell you what, Erik old boy, our pal Bago is doing time, so we got his bike spare. Trad in that sorry bike and give up 500 units, and we'll give you Bago's souped up road machine. What do you say?"

Erik grinned. "Thanks a ton, man!" he said, making the exchange, and one of the other Stormcrows ran into a nearby shed and pulled out a beautiful blue speeder bike. On either side was painted a flying crow, with lighting streaking out behind its body, the logo of the Stormcrows.

Erik thanked them, profusely before driving the bike long till he came to the nearest bar. He strode in and ordered a beer before sitting down at a table and drinking it while thinking.

As he did so, a woman came up to the performance area and started singing. Erik immediately stopped drinking as he realized what she was singing.

Darkness approaches, my golden one.
Do not fear, my little shining sun.
For the brightness will come again, and
show you the beauty of the day

She sang, strumming a harp as she did so, and brought tears to Erik's face, as a flashback overtook him.

A woman was lifting him up, singing, as she watched the sunset. A man came up behind her, and stroked his hair. A little girl watched him wide eyed from beside his mother, and put her finger in his hand which he gripped tightly.

At that, the girl giggled with delight and said, "Hello, little Erik. I'm your big sister."
The woman smiled at her and ten turned to Erik and kissed his cheek.

Then the flashback ended and Erik realized that the song had ended. He pulled out a few coins and tossed them at the feet of the woman, where many others also lay. The woman gathered them up and bowed to the crowd before leaving.

It was several minutes before Erik realized that he was crying. Cursing himself for showing weakness in Ashtown, he wiped them away and sat back in his chair.

Where are you, Skye? I never thought I'd ever say this but...I need my big sister. he thought.

His wandered the bar until he saw a familiar face. He quickly got up and walked towards the person, wondering what they were doing there, yet being happy that they were there.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:28 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Anita

After I retrieved my ship, I rummaged through it’s contents, turning up a few weapons, a decent amount of food, and clothes I had long since outgrown. I made the best out of what I had, but my clothes were painfully small and my shirt showed more scarring on my lower back than I would have liked. I sheared off some of my hair; not paying much mind to what it would look like when I was done. When I finished, I was satisfied that I didn’t look very much like I did before.

Now was the issue of getting Ebony back.

I input her ID number into the small device I’d made to track her with. I sighed- she was on Myrkr. I revved up the engines and before long I was in hyperspace. I couldn’t help but feel afraid that she’d been eaten by a pack of Vornskr, which was probably unnecessary- Vornskr prefer to eat force-sensitive people. Whoopie for me. I thought sarcastically. I figured; while I was there I should probably capture an ysalamiri to take advantage of their force-bubble. I knew that the force could be used to track me, so I had to get rid of it asap- just like everything else that I didn’t need. Ebony was different- she was the only family I had and I couldn’t simply leave her behind.

I landed on Myrkr not long after, and it just kind of figures that I landed right in front of a Vornskr feeding frenzy.

“Kriff!” I screamed, glad I’d taken a blaster out with me.

Ebony

I could smell the vile creatures not far off, feasting on a reptilian creature. And then I smelled a human- My human. I charged towards her; I knew what kind of trouble she was in. The human male stared at me as I ran. The feasting creatures had all turned towards my human, their lips salivating and their eyes greedy for the kill ahead. I roared as I tore my way through them, placing myself between my human and her predators. I roared a challenge.

Anita

“Ebony!” I shouted, happy to see her again. There was little time to rejoice though, I had to fend off a pack of creatures bent on eating me because they could sense force sensitivity. Unlike them, I didn’t really want to kill my opponent, just get them away from me. I quickly drove Ebony into my ship, scrambling in there myself as soon as she was in. A vornskr sunk it’s teeth into my leg. I pulled against it as hard as I could- succeeding in making it’s bite a series of deep punctures; into several deep gouges. Fantastic- now I was being tracked and unable to run very far. I shot the thing in it’s leg, making it let go long enough for me to get inside and close the hatch. I started the ship, I needed to find some medical supplies that I hadn’t managed to leave on a ship I no longer had. Brilliant- I stowed away a ship in the middle of nowhere in case I needed it and didn’t stock it with medical supplies. I flew the ship, didn’t take very long until I spotted someone. Ebony seemed to kind of trust him when I stopped and exited the ship.

“Hey. You wouldn’t happen to have a needle, thread, and some bandages?”
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

42 Reviews

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:12 am
Vellichor says...

Zarash Tichon

Zarash stared down the figure who stood his ground even as the onlookers scurried away in terror. Doubt briefly clouded the Sith's- er, former Sith's mind before the man produced an unforgettable blade from his cloak, igniting it with an electrical SNNAAPPP.

Before a cohesive thought could be formed, Zarash found himself airborne, blades in hand and speeding across the square to the man, whose blade easily met the Pureblood's own. Something is..... different.... Why does he hesitate? Then Shut up, Tichon! No other wields such a blade! Strike down your former master and claim your revenge!

Zarash's rage battled his own intelligent thought even as his sabers did the same with the stranger's. Suddenly, the man raised his hand and the Force rippled through him, sending the Sith skidding backwards into a flimsy wooden stall, which promptly collapsed about him, sending clouds of dust into the air.

"Aaaarrrrghh!!!" It took only seconds for the wood to be cleared with a great singeing smell tainting the air before Zarash charged the man again. The blood red saber again met Tichon's blades, though now with a certain fatigue. Martonius would not tire so quickly... Then again, Martonius would die before another laid hands upon his blade you fool!

The man parried Zarash's second strike, and both were suddenly alerted to another presence in the square. Halting their duel, they turned slightly to watch as the unrecognizable robes of a Jedi billowed around the newcomer, who was quickly approaching the two with saber activated. What are the Jedi doing here? Outer Rim dealings rarely attract the lightside- NO! They're here for Martonius! Do not let them steal your vengeance! Kill them both!

There was an ignition in Zarash's eyes as again his rage took over, and he only barely managed to deactivate one blade and only shove the woman, instead of impaling her. The Blade Master barely recognized his own voice. "He's mine!!!"

The Jedi pulled back, watching and holding her blade at the ready while the two fought viciously. All the while, the square became more and more reminiscent of a battleground, with scorch marks along the ground and splintered stalls littering the previously bustling marketplace. Finally, something sparked the cloaked figure to make a new move, and he flew upwards and over Zarash onto the top of one of the few still-standing stalls.

Tichon whirled to face him, only to be greeted by the Jedi woman's stare on the far side of the square. "Skye." With a sick feeling he realized who it was the he had attacked.
She looked afraid..... of... him... Zarash flinched and finally forced his anger down with great difficulty, suddenly afraid even of himself.

The cloaked man spoke up then, drawing Zarash's eyes once more and causing him to realize that the man was certainly not Darth Martonius after all.

"I have no idea who Martonius is friend," He paused, both men still catching their breath. "But I'll help you find him if that means you'll stop fighting me."

Zarash narrowed his eyes. It doesn't matter if you're Martonius or not... You carry his blade and that can mean only two things...

The Pureblood leapt into the air again, diving with blades aimed at the man again, but suddenly he flew up again, the Force pushing down on Zarash...... and the stall beneath him. The air was forced from his lungs and dust filled them when he took a ragged breath. Coughing deeply, he stood and waded through the rubble. When he cleared his eyes, he found the square to be filled then with more than just the three of them... Skye called over to him.

"Zarash, we have bigger problems than just this lone Sith!" Indeed, as she spoke, numerous black-cloaked figured fell from the roofs above. Hoods were drawn back, and the distinctive masks of Sith hunters gleamed in the dying sunlight.

Kriff.

The man-who-wasn't-Martonius whirled to Zarash. "You fool!! You've been tracked by Legion hunters!?" The Pureblood merely looked back at him with a tight-lipped look before both turned their attention back to the group.

One stepped forward, blade ready but not yet activated. "Blade Master Zarash Tichon. I have been ordered by the Dark Council to bring you in. Come peacefully, and you may be shown mercy." He turned his head slowly and deliberately to the other man. "Darth Maxus, you are wanted on the murder of five Legion Commanders, 12 Legion Masters, 4 Sith Knights, and countless other charges. Come peacefully, and the Dark Council may offer you mercy."

Darth Maxus? The name was unfamiliar to Zarash, but the man clearly wasn't a Sith of the Legion in any case...

The man, Maxus, instead of cowering as most others faced with a Sith Hunter squad..... smirked. "I'm afraid I have things to do elsewhere gentlemen." He cast a quick glance to his commlink cuff. "But I bid you all adieu. Have fun with each other!"

Zarash could almost feel the hate-filled look that the Squad leader made then, even beneath his mask. A hand was dropped and the hunters flew into action, red blades crackling to life all around. Zarash and Skye quickly took a back to back position as Maxus leapt up.... right into a silently hovering ship. He offered a lighthearted salute towards Zarash as the sith closed in on him and Skye.

The Pureblood grimaced, and forcefully held back his anger as three hunters flew at him in a blur. With a liquid movement, he connected the two hilts and became a whirling mass of red light amidst flashes of white as the combatants crossed blades. Taking care to block the occasional sporadic burst of lightning, Zarash heard a voice coming from above, and a light shimmer in the air alerted him to the cloaked ship that was hovering there. Maxus' voice filtered down from the invisible ship.

"I don't know who Martonius is, Blade Master, but if you survive this, I'll help you find him. I'll be on Naboo!" The whining of engines filled the air then, and it was clear soon after that the ship was long gone, leaving only the Sith hunters, Zarash and his friend.

Zarash didn't have time to look after the shimmering air as two more hunters joined the feud, as one fell to the ground minus an arm, screaming in pain. The Blade Master redoubled his efforts, fighting his way towards Skye who was herself busy with the squad commander and another hunter. The two shared a look for a split second, and understanding was instant.

Now. Zarash split his blades, simultaneously releasing one while spinning and slicing with the other. One blade flew across the square, not-so-neatly decapitating the commander just as he turned to face the whirring sound behind him. The other blade met with a hunter's sword with a great crackling before sliding down blindingly fast and separating the woman's legs from her torso.

At the same time, Skye ducked below Zarash's flying saber and quickly swung upwards, catching the other Sith hunter under the chin with her LD. The man crumpled to the ground as the blade burnt through the entirety of his skull, but luckily neither Zarash nor Skye stopped to see this. She was moving again and crossed the square so fast that in what seemed like an instant, the remaining two hunters found themselves trapped between two whirling former Sith.

It was over only moment after the two had shared a glance and thought through the Force, and now the two found themselves alone in the square, suddenly deafeningly silent, save for the crackling of the burning stall's wood. Zarash could not look at Skye then and busied himself with retrieving his saber and pulling the scarf back over his head and face. He pulled his goggles on again and only said; "I'm sorry."

Spoiler! :
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! How's that for a revival post? I hope it's alright anyways, it's been far too long since I got to write for this guy, so I apologize for any imperfections that slipped past my admittedly failing eyes xD @SkyeWalker @TheForgottenKing @Kelpies @TheFantasy14
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron