z

Young Writers Society

The 7 Deadly Sins

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:18 am
HazelGrace16 says...

History In the beginning of the world there was chaos. Humanity was lost, and corrupt. There was nothing to follow. Nothing to grasp. Humans were ruled by fear. The fear was a god known as Kedos. A god who wanted nothing more than to enslave the human race, and to make them suffer. All seemed lost. And there was no hope left.

Then came the guardian Adon. With Adon's power he overcame the rule of Kedos, and killed the evil soul bringing light back to the world. This battle ended with Adon weak, and dying. His human-like host had barely any strength left. With the last of his strength he split his power into 8 imperfect immortals, and created a land for his soul to spend the rest of eternity in. And in this moment the Legacy of Sin began.

The Legacy stated that each Sin was a guardian to specific part of humanity. Each Sin makes decisions that effects how humanity lived, and continued on. When Adon placed his power into the original 8 mortals, each was given a name. There was Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Envy, Pride/Vanity, Wrath, Sloth, and Death.

For 100 years they lived in peace until Death wanted more. The 8th Sin wanted more power, and he no longer wanted to share it with others. Unknowingly a part of Kedos latched onto the innocent mortal corrupting him. When the Guardians learned of this truth, they trapped him in unbreakable prison to control his power. And that prison has remained locked to this day.

After the trapping of Death, Adon's spirit created a new rule in the legacy. Every 500 years the power must be passed on to a new host. And this created the Trials. Each Guardian chooses a mortal to continue the legacy of their sin. The train, and ready them for their rule. If the chosen mortal shall fail the trials they are sent back to the mortal world with their memory wiped. Then the remaining 6 guardians will choose a new mortal for the other Sin to try and train again. After the 500 years has passed the souls of the current Guardians would pass over to the land Adon created, and the mortals would take the place as the Guardians.

Hundreds of thousands of years have passed since the beginning of the world, which
brings us to the current Guardians of the Sin. Their rule is almost over, and the trials must begin again. Now is the time to choose. Which mortal shall be your heir?

The current Guardians of Sins

Lust (Adeline): Lust controls the power of love and desire of others in humanity. Lust creates the beauty of the world, and the relationships of humans. The problems with Lust is it can be deceiving and up for interpretation. So humans can judge, and be harsh towards something they is not visually beautiful. But as the Guardian of lust you also help humans see the inner beauty of things. If someone isn't the most visually striking, lust helps them find the real beauty of things in life. The things that are actually found inside.

Envy (Lilla) Envy controls the power of want and jealousy in humanity. Envy creates the desires and goals for humanity as well. The problems with envy is jealousy can cause conflict, but envy also encourages humans to be better versions of themselves by working hard to achieve something.

Wrath (Marcus) Wrath controls war and conflict of the world. Which can lead to pain and death. But Wrath also controls the rules and consequences that keep the world stable. Wrath helps with protection, and order.

Sloth (Phillip) Sloth controls the time of rest and relaxation in humanity. Sloth can lead humans to laziness, and irresponsibility. But it also leads to knowing when you need a break. Sloth also has the power to control dreams during sleep. He gives humans dreams based on what they need. Whether that be a good scare, or an epiphany.

Pride/Vanity (Collete) Pride controls the trends of the world. Pride determines what humans follow, and enjoy. For instance Pride controls fashion, events, entertainment, technology, music. Pride keep the humans focused on creativity, and culture. Pride can create unrealistic expectation which lead to doubt and self discrimination. But it can also help humans find their purpose, and their place.

Gluttony (Sam) Gluttony controls land value and trade of the world. The guardian of gluttony determines which lands are plentiful in resources, and riches. Therefore they are also the guardian of trade, and travel. Gluttony opens minds to new things, and expansion. But it also controls where there is hunger, and troubles.

Greed (Jonathon) Greed controls the wealth of the world. Which lands have the better classes. Greed controls the class system, and how everyone fits in it. It help controls the resources, but unlike Gluttony its the money earning resources more than the living resources. It also determines leadership, and government.

Current Guardian Relationships(this might effect how they talk about each other to your character):
Lust and Wrath have a love/hate relationship. Very back and forth.
Gluttony loves Envy, and she loves him back.
Sloth is the peacemaker of the group. Everyone tends to like him.
Gluttony and Greed work together well.
Lust and Vanity bunt heads at times, but have an understanding.
Vanity and Sloth appreciate each others company.

Your job: The Guardians above are the leaving guardians, and we must create the new generation to be picked and trained. You will write both as the current host (who will eventually pass the legacy onto your character) and the new host.

You will be brought to Ramwelth. The home of the Sin Guardians. There you will be trained to take on your place as a guardian of humanity. You must learn to be strong alone, and strong as a group. You are only as strong as your team. Your fellow chosen will become your family. These fellow chosen may become your brothers, sisters, your best friends, and maybe even the love of your life. They are your support system, and even in times of conflict you must remember each other importance. Always.

Character Slots: (When you sign up for a Sin you also write for current guardian, and the host)
Lust: @HazelGrace16
Greed: @TheFantasy14
Wrath: @TheForgottenKing
Pride/Vanity: @Chaser
Sloth: @Rydia
Envy: @Gravity
Gluttony: @TheFantasy14
Adon's spirit: @HazelGrace16

Spoiler! :
Character template:
(FInd a picture)
Name:
Sex:
Age(must be between 16-18)
Personality:
Sin:
History:
Up for love?
Your symbol (Explains your personality, and sin. Ex. A flute, a flower, a ball of fire.):

Rules:
Respect your fellow writers
Keep Romance and language PG-13 (Use it tastefully)
Post regularly
Give ideas
Don't kill, or fail a chosen without permission
Have fun
Last edited by HazelGrace16 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

15 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:04 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Adon|The Summoning

To my dearest friends,

As you may have realized, the half-millennium is coming to an end. For hundreds of thousands of years the tradition of the Choosing Ceremony has been a blessed celebration in our history. Now has come the time for you all to choose your champions. I trust all of you to choose a host that has the characteristics of a good ruler. However, I do expect risks to be taken in your choosing. Sometimes the most improbable candidates are the most surprising.

It distresses me to inform all of you this, but this specific choosing ceremony is different than in the past. It is more crucial that the candidates are more resilient, and can work together as a team. Back in the beginning, after the war and Kedos’ death, you know I divided my powers into 8 parts. Kedos’ soul attached itself to one of those parts. The 8th sin known as Death. Deaths soul was placed in a confined prison world trapping both the host, and the soul of Kedos. The prison is indestructible from the inside, but like all prisons there are tiny holes throughout. These small openings have released darkness throughout history. Not enough to spark any threat of Kedos’ return, but enough that humanity was wounded by it.

I know I am telling you history that you already know, but new information has arose. A hole has been discovered recently. One far greater than the others. So far there has been no disturbance, and this makes the past souls and I apprehensive. We have reason to believe that Death could be searching for a new host. A host to open the prison from the outside. A host to return Death to its supposed rightful place as leader of the world.

We have no proof of these events, but we must be ready. Kedos’ corruption could mean something terrible. It is a tough time for transitioning to the next generation, but that is what makes the new choices so imperative. I believe in all of you, and I pray that the threat is not what we believe it to be. That fact though that we have not seen much, means Death is saving his power for something big.

This assumption should not affect the training. The new champions must be left unaware of this reality. We mustn't have them become corrupted by fear and uncertainty. The time will come when I reveal this reality to them. I just pray it does not come anytime soon.

The choosing ceremony will take place one full moon cycle from the full moon. You have that amount of time to choose your champion, and come up with a valid reason for your choosing. Then the training begins. I expect great things from all of you. This is a time for celebration, not a time for worry. I made the choice to inform you of this event to prepare you for the journey of training the new generation. Congrats on your 500 years of leadership. I cannot wait to meet all of you face to face at my home for the first time. Long live the 7 Sins. Good luck.

~Adon
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:59 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Marcus

After glancing at the letter, I let out a smile, my teeth showing in a ferocious smile. I knew it had been nearly time for the new Champions anyways, and I had the perfect target selected. I placed a tip on my table before knocking back my last shot of whiskey. I swept from the small bar and began to gather my powers when I heard the cock of a gun. I turned with a smile on my face to see two drunk truckers smiling at me." That's a fancy coat you got on mister." One said, nearly toothless. His cohort held a sawed off shotgun." You're right, cost a lot of money. And I have much much more where that came from." When I said that, another trucker came out of the shadows with a curved knife. He laughed wickedly." Looks like we found ourselves a keeper boys."

I smirked." Let me tell you something about my wrath boys." They all laughed at that, and I let the drama begin, lighting my eyes up red. That's when they got scared. Oh froze them in place. They tried to scream but I took away their voices." I don't like people threatening me. Especially someone like me. You know, I served as a foot soldier during the first Italian war. Picked up by Arthur, a knight of the Crusades, my predecessor. We are wrath children. And I've made some friends who work quite well with me." I smirked and squatted down picking at the grass, casually watching the murderous truckers shiver in fear.

My red eyes glowed ruby red." Ever hear of the four horseman of the apocalypse?? Well, I've made friends out of three of them. The fourth guy, happens to be in prison for the rest of his existence, and he's quite an ass actually. Anyways, they go by the names of Petsilence, War, and Famine. And well, Wrath seems to be their thing. So I'll leave you too them." Three ghostly shapes began to appear. I smiled at the truckers as they began to scream as each horseman began to have their way.

"So the boy is ready?" I asked. War nodded, his helmet hiding his face. I smiled." Good. I think he could be the best Sin out of this new lot. He'll need your guidance a bit when I'm gone you know." War chuckled." Oh I'll be happy to give it to him, but from what I hear, Death my be on the lose again soon. And well, you Wrath guys have always been wonderful business partners, but the instant he's released, well, he was meant to be in charge anyways. We'd all like to see the apocalypse."

I ground my teeth together." And if he loses?" War shrugged." Than we go back to where we were before. Being all buddy buddy with Wrath." I snarled." If you even think about about abandoning the boy-" War laughed." You'll do what Marcus? Kill me? I'm more immortal than you. Can't get rid of me. Besides, your expiration date is coming up. Maybe if your replacement is as scary as you obviously aren't, than we may rethink it. Until than, see you later." With a snap of his fingers, he disappeared.

Looking up at the starry night I sighed and placed my hands in my pocket before getting into my BMW. Governing War was a profitable career. I could see why Greed liked what he did. It was nice to have these things. I started the car and paused as the engine rumbled to life. Of course I didn't need a car, but it was fun. I glanced around and look to the heavens once more." I pray you'll beable to hand what's coming Adrian." I muttered as I sped out of the parking lot.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:51 pm
Rydia says...

Philip | The Choosing

It was late in the mortal realm; an owl hooted outside the window and Mrs. Dion sat up in bed. She hadn’t been asleep long enough for there to be anything in her eyes but she rubbed at them anyway and then looked through the open bedroom door to the hall. There was a scraping sound and then the creek of a window opening. A small sigh of relief escaped from Mrs Dion’s lips and she slipped back into Philip’s world. He sent her a pleasant dream tonight.

Philip crossed the hall and entered the second bedroom where a glow in the dark lamp cast an eerie green light over the white walls. On the wall opposite the window, glowing green letters announced ‘Aliens are welcome here’. The window was open and a breeze fluttered through as Tatiana Dion pulled herself onto the sill.

The dark haired girl dropped lightly to the floor and closed the window with another long squeak. She cringed and held her position for a moment, the guilt hiding in her dark brown eyes. Philip observed her carefully as Tatty swapped her clothes for pyjamas and slid under the covers. Her nakedness barely registered on his conscious mind – every human on Earth had that dream at least once.

Philip drew closer and as Tatty’s eyes closed, he sent her the dream. He wanted to know what her sleeping mind would make of a world where sins walked in human skin and talked to one another. He wanted to see how her unconscious mind would react before he decided if she was the one. His chosen. His sin.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:58 am
Europa says...

Jonathan

He hid in the brush as men on horseback crashed through the foliage, shouting. His eyes searched for the telltale flash of red in the midst of dark, earthy colors. But as the men passed, he saw nothing. Had she not come on this hunt?
His silent question was answered as a feminine voice shouted

"Speed up, Cobalt! We're losing them!"

Jonathan made his way as quietly as he could through the brush until he could see a tall red haired girl seated upon a fine black mare.

Rosaline Harrow.

The girl had much to learn, but she was nothing Jonathan couldn't handle, and with her personality and drive, The Guardian was sure she'd be perfect for the role she had been chosen to play. The shouts of the men grew fainter, but the thundering hooves of Rosaline's horse were still clear and loud. As they galloped past. the handsome Irish setter sprinting at the horse's heels stopped in it's tracks, its nose twitching

Jonathan cursed his luck silently, drawing further back into the bushes. The dog cautiously slunk closer, it's tail stiff as it tried to pick up Jonathan's scent once again. There was a rustle in the trees above him, and a squirrel came scurrying down the trunk of a tall elm.

Seeing the small rodent seemed to stir an instinct within the dog and it let out a joyful bay, chasing the squirrel as it scampered frantically down the path.

Jonathan made a mental note to be nicer to squirrels from then on.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:48 pm
Gravity says...

Monty

It was another day, another photoshoot for Monty. She sat at the makeup counter while stylists took care of her long blonde locks and carefully applied eyeliner to her face. The robe she wore was soft but somewhat thin and she figured the fluffy robes were reserved for the pristigous and highly elite Victoria's Secret Angels, the group every model in the world longed to be in.

"Van Buren!" Someone called, "We're ready for you in clothing!" The makeup artists assigned to her scrambled to get finishing touches done just as somebody bathed her hair in a cloud of hairspray.

"I'm on it!" Monty called back, just as the fumes had dissipated and finished choking her. She stood up from her chair and walked over to the other side of the prep studio, nimbly dodging workmen carrying lights and stylists toting bags full of hairspray in the simple flats she always wore in prep.

There were several costuming stations and Monty made her way over to the one with "Van Buren" written on it in big Sharpie letters.

"What am I wearing this time?" she asked the clothing stylist who laughed.

"The usual, except this time the studio managers want you in a thong. You're moving up the ranks." Monty rolled her eyes.

"Bet the photographers can't get enough," she mused, laughing with the clothing stylist as they looked over at the primarily male fashion photographers. Monty felt her throat clench up as the thin curtain was closed, separating her from the rest of the studio. She dropped her robe to the ground, feeling goosebumps rise on her skin as the cool air hit her naked body.

"This is what you'll be modeling first," the stylist pulled a light purple underwear set and Monty quickly slid into it, the fabric barely covering the more intimate parts of her nearly perfect body. She'd just started modeling lingerie and wasn't entirely comfortable with it, so she used the robe to cover her bottom half as the stylist checked to make sure the straps were tightened evenly and properly.

"Van Buren to photos, Buren to photos! Let's go, we're behind!" Someone yelled from the other side of the curtain.

"Good luck... Montgomery," the stylist said, reading her name on the hanger tags.

"Thank you." Monty drew the robe over her and walked towards the photoshoot area. Many of the models just went without one since they'd be taking it off anyway but Monty didn't like parading around in skimpy underwear.

"Ready, Van Buren?" the photographer called out just as a team of on set stylists hurried to remove her robe without mussing her perfectly coiffed hair.

"Absolutely," she said. Monty gently moved her hair over one shoulder and struck a pose, copping her hip and giving the camera her most sultry, seductive look. She could feel everybody's eyes on her, including the girls waiting to be photographed. The lights shone brightly in Monty's eyes as she struck pose after pose, adjusting her position to the angle of the camera so her head wouldn't look too big or too small. She was always calculating her next position, always ready for the next bright flash of the camera lights.

The photographer spoke to her as she posed, "There we go, okay that was a nice shot. I need a little more of your chest, bring that forward? Awesome." Snap! "Now I need.... yup! that's it!" Snap!

The whole shoot took about 30 minutes between time Monty spent posing, the photographer spent adjusting his lenses and the time photoshoot prep spent adjusting her hair over one shoulder or touching up her lipstick.

"Thank you, Van Buren, we're ready for you to model the next product item." Monty tried to steady her shaking knees but made her brilliantly blue eyes flash with sass and confidence. That was the only way to survive in the modeling world, everybody either hated you or they wanted to be you. The latter was usually the safer way to go though it was typically a mixture of a little bit of both.

As Monty walked back to studio prep to try on the exact same outfit just in a different color, she thought she could feel eyes on her. And not just because she was a stunning young woman in a modeling studio. No, Monty felt as if she were being watched and it sent shivers down her spine. She saw a flash of green fabric but dismissed it almost immediately, she'd had visions and seen things like this before.

What Monty didn't realize was that these sightings were getting more and more frequent, especially when envy from others curled around her like vines on a tree. Everybody wanted to be Monty, Monty just didn't really want to be herself.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

15 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:05 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Adeline

Adeline had been staring at the worn parchment for days trying to comprehend what they must do. The thoughts of Death making a reappearance send shivers down her spine. This is the first time in the half millennium that Adeline had begun to doubt her role in choosing a new heir. What if she failed? What if the poor child died in her care? She couldn’t bare these thoughts. Everything was more important this time around. There was no room for failure.

Adeline had already begun to set her sites on an heir. A young girl by the name of Cath Hall. A strange choice, but meaningful all the same. She thought of the young girl often, and how she has watched her ever since she was a baby. She doesn’t know how to explain it but this child has always caught her eye. Ever since the beginning.

Adeline sighs as she stares out her bedroom window contemplating the choice ahead. Ramwelth has been very quiet these past few years. This would be the first time all 7 of them would be home together in a very long time. They used to always spend time together, but eventually their duties keep them beyond busy in the mortal world. Adeline was the first to return to Ramwelth, and the ceremony was only a few days away.

“Always staring out the window contemplating life. Some people never change.” Adeline abruptly turns around to see Marcus. She grabs her heart, and gasps.

“Goodness! You scared me!” She says, and slightly laughs.

“That's the point love.” Marcus slowly walks towards her, and grabs her hand. He bows and places a gentle kiss upon her hand. “It's good to see you.”

“The feeling is mutual.” She says looking into his eyes. He stands tall, and they both smile. “It's been too long.” Marcus nods, and hold out his arm.

“Care to take a walk with me around the grounds?” Adeline nods, and takes his arm. The air outside is warm, and the golden sun has begun to sink casting beautiful colors around the sky. “It is strange to believe that our time is almost over. It feels like only yesterday we all were scared young children not ready to face our destinies.”

“I never remember you being scared.” Adeline laughs. “Just arrogant, and excited.”

“Well I was. But that doesn’t mean that I wasn't scared either.” He looks down. “God, so much has happened. It almost doesn’t feel real.”

“I understand that. I just pray we can do it.”

“We will.” He assures her. Her muscles relax slightly when a voice echos from the doorway.

“Hell! Where is everyone?” Lilla appears in the doorway of the castle. She spots Adeline and Marcus walking and her smile grows wide. “Thank god! I’m not alone.” She says laughing. Adeline smiles and runs to her. She hugs her and they both start laughing.

“Long time no see Lilla.” Adeline says.

“I know. The world has been a crazy place lately. Keeping us all crazy busy.” She turns to Marcus. “Stranger! It's so good to see you!” They hug and smile.

“Where’s Sam?” Marcus asks.

“He’s on his way. It's going to be great having everyone back together for a while. Let’s just hope everyone can get along for that long.” She smiles. But it slightly falters. Everyone is on edge because of Adon’s letter, but they all know it can't make things hard.

“I agree.” Adeline says. “Why dont we go get something to eat. We all have a lot to catch up on.”

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:37 pm
Chaser says...

Collete

Steam curled from Collete’s scrying pool, smoky wisps pulsing up from the bronze saucer. The cloud was lit up by the radiance emanating from the bottom of the water, throwing her shadow out onto the dark cathedral walls.

The Guardian of Pride plunged her hands into the mist, letting the steam invigorate her skin. Closing her eyes, she began to hum softly, letting the tune carry through the light, beyond the world of Ramwelth, into the world of past Sins.

“Mira, Mira, on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?” Her eyes flashed as her fingers grasped a faint shape in the steam. She smiled, grabbing firmly and pulling a girl from the smoke by her wrists.

The girl burst out of the cloud, flying over Collete, and looping to the high ceiling. Mira, the former Guardian of Pride, soared around the ornate carvings and pillars of Ramwelth’s cathedral. She wore a simple white dress, and a pair of frameless glasses. Golden blond hair fell around her shoulders, giving her the appearance of an angel.

The Guardian waved her hands in the steam, quickly dispelling the fumes. The scrying pool’s water stilled just as Mira touched down, dress fluttering out.

Mira curtsied daintily, smiling. “Good day to you, Vanity. What, pray tell, would possess you to summon me?”

Collete raised an eyebrow. “Rather than that, do you really think it’s a good idea to fly in a dress?”

The girl blushed, coughing into her fist. “There’s nothing wrong with a bit of fanservice every now and then.”

“No, I suppose not.” Collete smirked, fingers beginning to trace around her body. Her voluptuous form was covered in exotic beads, her bronze skin covered only by-

“Stop that!” Mira protested.

“Oh, fine.” Collete traced her finger around the bronze saucer in disappointment. Her eyes glanced up, shining mirthfully. “In any case, I’ve chosen my successor,” she said smoothly.

“Really?” Mira stuck her arms out and ran to the scrying pool, peeking over the edge. “Who is it?”

“Oh, I think you’ll like this one,” Collete said, dodging the question with a coy smile. Dipping her finger in the water, she rippled the surface, watching as the light from the bottom of the water morphed to her will.

Hues blazed up from the water, forming a thin film across the surface. Slowly, the blurred patches began to focus, morphing into an image of a high school hallway.

Mira peered into the bowl as a muscular boy walked down the hall, coming to a stop and leaning against a metal locker. He seemed to be saying something; Collete’s scrying pool couldn’t make out the sound.

Another boy appeared, halting when he saw the other kid leaning against his locker with a crooked grin. Walking forward, the skinnier boy seemed to say something, trying to reason. Without warning, the larger boy rammed his fist into his stomach.

The boy doubled over and collapsed, the bully looking satisfied as he crumpled. Just then, an angel burst onto the scene.

He stood in front of the smaller boy, arms out, although he was barely more muscular himself. His courage shone in his confident blue eyes, blond hair pristine as he addressed the bully with a fierce tone.

The larger boy seemed to complain. gesturing towards the fallen. The rescuer shook his head, speaking confidently. Eventually, the bully’s aggression petered out, and he turned away apathetically, shoving his hands in his pockets and grumbling.

Walking over to the victim, the blond-haired boy offered a hand. The scrawnier one refused, standing up on his own and walking in the other direction.

“Isn’t he perfect?” Collete said, clasping her hands gleefully.

Mira found herself blushing. “Y-yeah…”

Collete swept her arm over the pool once more, and the image changed. Now the angel was about to run in a race, back arched at the starting line. With the thunderclap of a gun, he dashed forward, running full-pelt around the stadium track, clearly outpacing everyone else. As he crossed the finish line, the crowd in the stands erupted into adoring cheers. He smiled and bowed, smiled and bowed.

Mira turned even redder. “He’s so cool…”

“Isn’t he?” Collete grinned, changing the image once again. This time, the angel was holding up his phone at an amusement park field trip, taking a picture of himself and his friends. Quickly, even more people dashed into the shot, until the selfie included well over twenty people, all smiling giddily.

“H-hot…” Mira shook her head, reaching into her pocket. “That’s it! I have to know who he is!”

The Guardian of Pride leaned smugly at the edge of the pool as Mira pulled out a scroll. As a messenger girl, she prided herself in her vast library of information. “Tell me who he is!” she commanded, picturing the boy’s azure gaze and soft golden hair in her mind’s eye.

Slowly, an image formed on the parchment. Mira turned away from the bowl to examine it. Alex Meridon, the file read. 16 years old. Captain of the track team, straight-A student…

Mira’s eyes absorbed the file, drinking in every detail. When she finished, she was practically bouncing up and down with excitement. “Wow, he’s really, really hot! I wanna meet him…”

Collete smirked. “You can, as soon as we hold the meeting. Honestly, I think I’ve outdone myself with this selection.”

Mira nodded, a moment away from bursting.

The Guardian brushed her hair back. “Yes, I think that our team would benefit greatly from a young man like Kazuto.”

“Exactly!” Mira blurted; then her expression changed. “Wait. Who’s Kazuto?”

Collete looked shocked. “What? You mean you didn’t see him?” Wiping her hand over the scrying pool, she came back to the part where the bully walked away. She pointed emphatically at the fallen boy in the black shirt, who was refusing Alex’s helping hand.

“Huh?”

“And here!” Collete continued to Alex’s race. Just as he crossed the finish line, Collete paused and zoomed in on the stands. Sure enough, the blur at the top turned out to be the scrawny boy from before, clapping nonchalantly.

“But you can hardly see him!”

“And what about here?” Collete ignored Mira’s protest and morphed the image to the group selfie. There, in the background, covering his face and standing alone, was a boy in a black shirt.

Mira stood there, dumbfounded as Collete wiped the vision away. “Do you get it?” the chocolate-skinned woman asked. “That’s the perfect Guardian. Who were you thinking of?”

“Oh, well that’s…” Mira shuffled her hands and blushed. “Nevermind.” She hid the scroll behind her back.

Collete strode down from the pedestal, walking along the polished floor. “Kazuto Kami. I don’t doubt that he will become the greatest Guardian ever known.”

Mira ran alongside her, curious. “Even compared to you?”

Collete gave her a sidelong glance. “Perhaps.”

The little girl pouted, straightening her dress. “I still think Alex would’ve been a better choice…”

“Did you say something?”

Mira shook her head quickly, hiding the shattered remnants of her fantasy. “Stupid Kazuto,” she grumbled.
Last edited by Chaser on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:45 pm
Rydia says...

Tatiana Dion

There were 8 to 10 dreams which Tatiana Dion was accustomed to experiencing and this was not one of them. For a start, she wasn't on Earth. She was standing in a large, lush garden outside a stately castle and there was a fountain next to her. All of these could have been perfectly ordinary Earth details, except that she knew, in the way you know things in dreams (with an absolute certainty), that she was on Ramwelth.

But where is Ramwelth? Tatty wondered. Or perhaps the question was 'what is Ramwelth'?

"Very good, Tatiana."

It was impossible to know if the man had suddenly appeared or if he had been in her dream all along. He was tall and had dark, coiling hair and stubble on his chin which was at that length which wasn't yet a beard but certainly amounted more to laziness than an attempt to look stylish.

"I've seen you before," Tatiana decided.

"No, you haven't. You only think you have; out of the corner of your eye or in the moment between your eyes fluttering closed and your head hitting the pillows. But no one ever really sees me."

"Oh. Well then I'm not seeing you now I suppose?"

The man smirked but gave no answer. He made a gesture toward the castle. "That's where we live," he said. "Do you think you would like to live there?"

Tatty scrunched her face up and she considered for a moment because that was the polite thing to do. "No," she said. It was the answer she had intended to give from the start. "I like where I live and I like my normal dreams better." There was a bite to the last part of the sentence which was not rude but certainly less polite.

"You know who I am and what I mean when I say I have chosen you to be my successor. My chosen sin."

"Yes," Tatiana said slowly though she didn't know how she knew it or when she had gained the knowledge. It was just there, in the same way she knew that this was Ramwelth and that this was a dream. "But this is a dream. I can wake up and I won't even remember you. That's the idea, isn't it?"

"That's the idea," Sloth agreed. "It's hard for us to find a successor who is both appropriate and willing. The discipline and dedication needed for such a position aren't exactly ingrained in our personality types."

Tatiana wasn't sure if he was insulting her but she screwed up her face in indignation just in case. "Sorry, I've got plans in the mortal realm so I can't."

"You don't have plans."

The girl's dark eyes flashed and she repeated the lie until it wasn't a lie any more: "I do have plans. I have plans to some day make plans and to then follow through with those plans. I plan to have plans."

Sloth smiled again, a slow and lazy smile. "Of course, those plans."

Then the dream was over and Tatiana woke up and she remembered everything. Great, now even her dreams were lecturing her about what she wanted to do with her life. Well screw her dreams, Tatty knew that she was going to be amazing, just as soon as she was ready to decide what she was going to be.

Philip turned away from the fountain which rippled and returned to being water.

"Was that her?" Collete asked, her hips sashaying seductively as she came to lean against the fountain. The way Colette moved was at once both casual and purposeful and Philip distracted himself for a moment as he wondered if that was what made her so alluring to him.

"Perhaps," he said at last. "She hasn't decided yet."

"You mean you haven't decided yet?"

Philip smirked slowly and rubbed his chin. "Tell me more about the boy you've chosen. He sounds like he desperately wants to be as powerful and as much the centre of attention as you." There was a glint in his brown eyes as Collete slid closer to him and he couldn't help but wonder if she hadn't had some influence on his choice of candidate. The girl did bare a certain resemblance to someone with brown, sun kissed skin and a relentless self assurance.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain