Young Writers Society

Track 1: Sorrow

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:51 am
StupidSoup says...

How Sad

Plot

You know that feeling you get when your listening to a song you like? Now picture that for a moment. In fact, do that right now it'll make my job easier.

Ya done with that yet? Good. Now do you feel all the emotion fade away? Do you feel the tugging in your gut slowly recede?

Do you feel like you could sit there and look at nothing at all for all eternity?

Excellent. Our story starts there.

You wake up to the sound of nothing. For obvious reasons that scares you half to death. You open your mouth to shout and to your surprise not a peep escapes you.

You've experienced fear of course. But the death of sound is completely foreign to you because in some ways, the death of sound is true death.

You don't really like the sound of death.

Suddenly you hear something! A noise! Oh thank the [insert deity or nothing or spaghetti monster here]!

The noise changes. You could've sworn you were hearing an eerie tune. However, the music has changed to a confused little song, dithering about this way and that, rising then falling. You could call it indecisive, in fact, you do. You find it quite amusing as well.

The music is suddenly upbeat, a happy tune lifting your spirits.

What the hell is going on?

Oh your pissed, you are so pissed. A dark song plays as you stalk this way and that, harrumphing and curling your fingers into fists. Who put you in here? Why cant you talk? This'd better not be some dumb joke!

Then you see something off in the distance. What is that? Its to far away to make out but if you walked closer...

I'll tell you how to start off your post: start walking!

Rules and Other Fun Things

Yeah see I'm not really a rules guy but I guess I aught to put some in anyway.

Trust me it'll be quite hard to god mod here but please don't try. It will make me irritated.

No dialogue. You can talk to yourself (little voice in your head etc.) but you cannot talk outright. If you haven't picked up on it already we're communicating only through music.

No killing other players. At all.

You must go to the object in the distance. You can take however long you want to get there. You can make up beasts to bother you or storms or grandparents just make sure you get to that object. It holds all your gadgets (see Character Profile)

Yeah that's about it. One thing though, this world, if you haven't noticed, needs quite a lot of building. I encourage you to use your imagination, make up stuff! I'll edit this according to criticisms and add stuff but I still need you to take some creative control over your story.

Each character's perspective can be different. Don't worry to much about continuation. This is very abstract.

Spoiler! :
Character Template
- Personality\Habits:
- Favorite Song:
- Strengths:
- Weaknesses:
- Gadgets: (try not to do more than ten)
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

"He looks like a turtle who's been through the Vietnam war."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi