Young Writers Society

Jedibook [Started | Not Accepting]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:34 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to a realm full of mysterious forces, ancient legends and heartbreaking betrayals.

Plot: Nearly a thousand years have passed since the war against the Sith, and peace has returned to the many galaxies of the universe. The Jedi have rebuilt their order and kept peace since that last war against the Sith, and have claimed a planet for their own, rebuilding their Temples and finding new children to raise and to teach in the ways of the Jedi, though their ways have changed a little since the time of the Old Empires. Ever since Emperor Palpatine was betrayed by his subordinate, Anakin Skywalker, or more well-known as ‘Darth Vader’, there have been no more Sith. And no more massacres of innocents.

Or so the Jedi thought.

In the millennia of peace that followed the return of the Jedi, darkness has festered in the furthest reaches of the universe. Such a force as to rival their own. And it’s been influencing many, many people, species, and even entire planets. The fragile peace they’ve held for centuries now no longer seems so stable. War is now whispered throughout the universe, and it’s raging in a far-flung corner of it, between the planets Synaria and Asyteria in a system known as Syna-Teria.

Within this system, the militaristic people of the desert planet Synaria has apparently taken on a more imperialistic approach, because they’ve spread their influence on two neighboring planets, with strangely little resistance. However, things are now escalating as they’ve turned their attention to the planet Asyteria, where the inhabitants are showing great resistance to their besiegement.

As the leading Jedi council receives news of this, they decide to send the starship ‘The Arwen’ to investigate the issue. After roughly three weeks of travel time, it arrives within the outskirts of Asyteria, where they immediately find a Synarian warship ported just outside the atmosphere.

A great disturbance is felt throughout the Force. A Sith resurgence could very well have already happened. Could they be behind this?

How will this story end? Which side of the Force will succeed this time, and which will fall? Only time will tell...but we all know how it will begin, don’t we?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Rules:
- Usual YWS/SB rules.
- ALL NON-SB posts to the DT please people.
- ALL posts must be readable, co-relate to previous posts and have correct spelling. That means no chat speak.
- As this is Permission Only, please PM one of the co-mods of this SB or post in the DT BEFORE posting anything in the SB thread--especially a profile which has not been accepted or a comment that can go in the DT. Anything you do see posted has probably already been approved or is something myself (Scarlett) or Birk are posting.
- 800 characters minimum or about 165 words for those of you using MS Word or other writing programs. Use this Wordcounttool if you're not sure.
- Swearing; it's allowed just don't overdo it. And keep it reasonable; No F-bombs!
- Romance is allowed but no sex scenes; No one needs to read about details.
- Can claim up to 3 characters and No Characters Under 14--without permission.
- Fantasy-esque and Sci-Fi creatures are allowed, but be reasonable. This is Star Wars at war, and lots of open universe, not LOTR (Lord Of The Rings)! There is bound to be some new species around, so feel free to create a race or world as you see fit.--as long as you discuss it with myself (Scarlett) or Birk first.
- Please Don't God-mod. It's not fair. And no Mary/Gary Sues either. They annoy us.
- Please don't double post unless there have been no new posts for at least 24 hours.
- Please have a name and place at the top of each post. Such as
Name | Place OR, for example; Mia | Town.
- Please do not kill another person's character without permission; it's unfair, and not to forget mentioning, godmodding. We really don't like that. And besides, no one likes it when they're randomly killed.
- The SB is co-run by
Me (ScarlettFire) and Birkhoff. Listen to us or we’ll either eat you or feed you to a Sarlacc. I don’t know which is worse, though. But hey, it’s your choice.

Important Links/ Info:

Use the following links for reference, if possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars

http://www.starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/

Original Planets, Races and Ships:
Spoiler! :
Emera: A planet devoted to training Jedi. Mostly forest and lakes with some grasslands. The main space-port is Almera, which happens to double as a Jedi Temple and training ground--in fact, the entire planet is a Jedi training ground, along with most of the others in the Yerria-Emera System.

Synaria: A war-devoted planet in the Syna-Teria system, trying to wipe out the Asyterians. Mostly rock, sand and some trees with a large ocean. The main city/space-port is Ayrns.

Asyteria: A mostly peaceful planet, also in the Syna-Teria system, currently at war with Synaria. Earth-like in climate and landscape. The main city/space-port is Asytern.

Altakian System: A small system of planets with a main space-port on Cryo. Normally neutral, depending on the current ruler’s disposition towards certain things. Currently under the control of a power-hungry, war-devoted leader by the name of Synas. Cryo is cold and covered in ice and snow.

The Arwen: An Emeran spacecraft in the control of the Emeran Jedi Forces. Sleek, faded grey in colour and fast. It’s a beautiful, large and very well-designed ship. (The Arwen is also the ship your character/s may end up on.)

Character Slots:

Jedi

Castra Sorren - Jedi Master - NPC.
Fandral Shen - Jedi Master - Birkhoff
Kelsier Valan - Jedi Knight - Verser
Eustor Kregron - Jedi - Hattable
Rovla'en Tarwin - Jedi - Skydreamer
Carmim Birn - Jedi - jumpingsheep
Jasek Marin - Jedi - NPC.

Sith

Darth Sudana - Sith Lord (Master) - Jhinx
Kinsa Cethina - Sith Lord (Apprentice) - Claimed by @ScarlettFire.
Ontath Lung - Sith Lord - Hattable
Setensin Lazarus- Sith Lord - 15253

Other

Ridley Ashante - Admiral - Birkhoff
Valmia Maloi - Chevian Slave - Skydreamer
Vera Osfos - Bounty Hunter - Robusto

Character Slots may be added/removed as needed.

Character Sheet:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (First AND Last, if known.)

[b]Age:[/b] (14+.)

[b]Gender:[/b] (Male, female, both or none? Depends on race.)

[b]Race:[/b] (Human, Other, etc.)

[b]Rank[/b] (Jedi, King/Queen/Emperor/Empress, Sith, etc.)

[b]Allegiance:[/b] (None, Self, Jedi, Sith, etc.)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Description; at least a 100 words here.  AND a picture.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Include likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses.)

[b]Flaws/Weaknesses:[/b] (You must have at least one.)

[b]Power/s:[/b] (If you have one/any. The Force if Jedi/Sith.)

[b]History:[/b] (At least two four line paragraphs or 250 words. And none of this “I don’t remember” stuff. Your character has a story, so give us a glimpse of it.)

[b]Up For Love?[/b] (Yes, no, orientation, conditions.)

[b]Other:[/b] (Anything we’ve missed?)
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:00 am
View Likes
birk says...

Admiral Ridley Ashante |The Eurydice

The shadow of the Sith Empire, she thought to herself, chuckling slightly as the words passed through her mind, an unstoppable, relentless force, stretching outwards throughout the galaxy. She stopped at that. Stopped at the thought of the seemingly endless galaxy. Countless planets, countless lives. She’d spearheaded the conquest of two planets; now she stood before the view of another. That was it. Just two. She was the Admiral of the self-proclaimed ‘Sith Empire’, the very head of the military; the one with the finger on the trigger; in possession of such power only limited by the people’s hunger for war. And yet here she stood, and she couldn’t feel any smaller.

Give her a moment with her own thoughts, and she’d fill herself with such doubt to the point that she was probably not recognizable to anyone but herself. But she felt this towards a great many things. Most people would call her a pessimist. She would not. It was rather a healthy mindset made up of general realization, common knowledge of history, and the astute foresight that everything eventually evens out. Balance, she found herself thinking.

There is too little time to conquer anything worthwhile of amounts to really achieve something nobody before you has already accomplished, nor will anything you do have any sort of major impact on the balance of the ‘force’. The Jedi will never vanish, nor will the Sith. As of right now, she could only envision herself being remembered as the puppet master of a great death wave. The subjugator of Ferra and Shivarra, small neighboring planets of the desert planet Synaria, the place where she’d started her rise through the military system. Both of these planets had countless lives living on them, sure, but again, her mind once again began to scrutinize; in the grand scheme of things, those lives never mattered. Their defeat never mattered, nor did our victory over them. It’ll be a footnote of history. Like me.

The dark, gaping void of black space stared back at her, joined by a million stars and more. Looming beneath her, the lush planet of Asyteria is under siege. A third conquest under her belt. Just another small planet, though it’s showing much more resistance that the previous ones. They’d been there four days now. The Synar infantry troops were first deployed. They met heavy resistance. The Admiral then ordered the Synar Death troopers be deployed. Things went much smoother then, but ultimately things slowed down to a bottleneck. Now they were stuck in a chokehold, just holding their positions.

Things were about to get easier nonetheless. Despite how she avoided them like the plague; all active Sith agents had been called in. They were needed on the battlefield below. To her detrimental pride, she needed them.

And despite the fact that for a long time, she’d found herself in the employ of Sith loyalists and devotees who’d slowly evolved into a semi functioning ‘Sith Empire’, in the loosest sense of the word, as this was only a small corner of the universe; she despised the Sith. In her mind, they only stood for power and personal gain. In a sense, it was similar to what she was tasked with doing, yet there was no honor among them. Whenever she walked among them, she stuck out like a proverbial sore thumb, and she knew it.

Compare that to the dedication and honor that the Jedi follow through with and she’d think even lower of herself. Funny how life works out. Nothing to do about that now, she thought to herself. You use the hand you’re dealt. The fact that it sates her hunger for imperialistic glory only made it that more tolerable.

The comm system aboard The Eurydice had long ago informed her that smaller vessels had begun boarding the starship. It was only a matter of time now. They’d be here.

And it would appear to be sooner rather than later.

The door opened lightly at the edge of the room, and a heavily clothed man entered and stood at attention. Her gaze was drawn from the planet outside her large window, and back towards him.

“How can I help you?” She asked tiredly.

“Captain Da'Marx, madam Admiral! I’m here to inform you that my general, Darth Sudana is waiting to meet with you.” The young man spoke urgently, as if whomever he served didn’t have time to wait around.

Ridley Ashante took one last glance behind her, towards the planet far below her, before she turned around and paced past the messenger boy, straightening her uniform in the process. “Of course she is.”
Last edited by birk on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:51 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Jasek Marin | Emera, Jedi Temple, Jedi Infirmary

"Sorry," a tall, gangly boy muttered sheepishly as his shoulder hit yet another medical droid. Droids didn't have any feelings that he could sense, but Jasek Marin made a habit of apologizing to everything and everybody that he bumped into - even the empty hospital bed he'd stumbled upon five minutes before. Although Jedi weren't supposed to get angry, it was safer that way.

Shutting his eyes and taking a deep breath, Jasek attempted to clear his thoughts of all distractions ... and stumbled headlong into a bacta tank. Its occupant, a mustachioed Gungan, glared at him.

This infirmary is just one big obstacle course, Jasek thought frustratedly. He wondered what Master Briven would say ... if she were in any condition to rebuke him.

Jasek tried to let the Force guide his footsteps to his mentor. Towards the rear of the facility were several locked rooms with thick, blastproof windows for observing their occupants. (To the occupant, it looked like an ordinary mirror.) Only one, at this time, was being used, and the patient was most unruly.

Trying to ignore the Huttese epithets and the thumps of resilient furniture hitting the padded walls and ceiling, Jasek pressed his face to the pane of glass and looked inside.

There she was, Sila Briven, the woman who'd treated his little burns and bruises from the training droids, told him to go get some more, helped him to build his first lightsaber, and constantly dispensed condescending remarks and repartees that were supposed to help him grow as a Jedi apprentice....

Sila Briven had been his master until last month, when this madness enveloped her mind. She'd always had a prickly personality, even when she wasn't insane, but Jasek didn't dare try speaking with her now.

A medical droid sauntered past and quickly let itself in to administer some sedatives - before being propelled through the air and joining the growing pile of furniture in one corner of the room.

Jasek sighed and turned away from the glass. He felt his master's mind probing his erratically. In her current state of mind, it made him uncomfortable. As he started to leave, he heard a bang against the glass. He whirled around to see Master Briven's face, florid and mottled, leering at him.

"I sssseeeeee you," she slurred, widening her bloodshot eyes for effect.

Jasek screamed - his voice rose a whole octave as he felt a heavy hand clap down on his shoulder.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:17 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Darth Sudana - Four Days Before First Contact | The Eurydice

In five days. Sudana cleared her thoughts as Da’Marx, Alana, and Laleur stood in front of her in their usual formation. This damned ship was crowded with Sith now. High Chancellor Relaun sensed a strong disturbance in the Force in this particular planets. So he mustered all of the force he could to the system, military and Sith alike.

Sudana accepted the order reluctantly. She had her own struggles over the Arcana’s influence even deeper from the galaxy. But she knew he was right; the Force was different here. So she called upon all the Sith she could muster.

And now she regretted doing so. In the room behind her, her own apprentice, Lady Kinsa impatiently waited with perhaps two of the most vicious Sith Lords in the system: Darth Lung and Darth Lazarus.

Kinsa could handle herself, but Sudana questioned the other Sith's motives. They followed her without question, only becuase High Chancellor ordered this. Their motives were unknown, and they were just as ruthless as Sudana herself, if only less experienced. Setensin was young, too young without a master; his ego was left unchecked for too long she might just have to kill him herself.

The Force rattled around them, flowing through them and coming out a shade more sinister. The very spot they controlled gushed out hatred and spite. They have not yet come to terms with their internal conflicts. Sudana sighed. To become one with the Force... that's when all your disbeliefs vanish.

The Force corrupts. The Force is absolute.

Her thoughts were interrupted as Alana nudged her. "Sudana, they're ready when we are."

Sudana nodded, her thoughts clear. "Let's do this then. My time is not to be wasted."

~~~~~

Apparently the Eurydice actually had nice rooms. Surprising.

Sudana sat herself at the opposite end of a long oval table of Admiral Ridley Ashante. Ridley caught her gaze and a single eyebrow rose slightly.

Darth Lung used his cane to propel him to a seat on Sudana's right, while Lady Kinsa quietly sat herself to her left. Darth Lazarus, with his arms crossed and a stubborn look on his face, declined a seat.

Ridley cleared her throat. "Look, I don't want you here, nor do I think you're needed." She shrugged her shoulders. "But, orders are orders. I don't care for inane Force phrophecies; I care about this planet. That's what we're here for." She leaned in, her face serious. "I need cooperation from every single one of you."

"As long as the planet is taken, no cooperaton is needed." Darth Lazarus turned, looking down at the planet.

"I need civilians on that planet after the war is done, Set."

Laleur crossed his arms, mocking Lazarus. "Reinforcements arrive in four days. If this isn't over by then, the Arcana will be taking over this operation."

Darth Lazarus growled. "The Arcana is not in control of this, Laleur. Your goal is to support Admiral Ridley, not take over."

"I will support the goal of my General, which is to take control of this world."

"Enough!" Sudana slammed the table, causing the room to vibrate suddenly. "We're gathered here because there is a Disturbance in the Force. Whether we like it or not, our goals is not Ridley's goals. We all have our separate agendas, but," she notioned to the silent Admiral, "we will assist you in the capture of this planet, to make sure it goes smoothly. After that, we will depart and leave our separate ways.

"Darth Lung, Darth... Lazarus, you are here because of this Disturbance. I ask nothing more of you than to keep an eye out and participate in the fight on the ground. As Relaun wants a Sith to manage this battle, my Captains are not in charge here."

Sudana sighed. "I am not fit to handle this operation once the Arcana arrives. Therfore," she glanced at Lady Kinsa, sitting with her arms in her lap, "I am putting Lady Kinsa in charge of all space operations over Syna-Teria, while Admiral Ridley and I will focus our efforts on the ground."

All eyes turned to stare at Lady Kinsa.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:08 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Lady Kinsa | Aboard the Eurydice

At first, Lady Kinsa wasn't aware of being stared at. She'd been listening intently and wasn't quite sure if she'd heard her master right. When she glanced up, she found several sets of eyes on her, including the silent Admiral. She swallowed.

"I am honoured, my master," Kinsa said, inclining her head. She straightened up and glanced about the room. The childish one was standing off to the side was pouting--she wasn't sure, for he wore a mask, but the feeling was there. It amused her, but she held her humour in check. It would be unwise to anger that one. The little....furball, was staring at her with beady eyes. She wasn't a fan of him, either. Kinsa's expression tightened breifly, but then she smoothed it out. "I shall endeavour to hold this position until the Arcana arrive."

"If you want this mission to end in failure, by all means, keep the girl in charge."

Kinsa tensed, shooting the childish one a sharp glance. Lazarus was radiating annoyance and hate. It seemed the dislike was mutual. She snorted. "My Master has already told you that if you don't want to help, then you're free to leave," she told him sternly, eyes narrowing. "If you get in my way, I won't hesitate."

"If you get in my way, I'll kill you first."

"Are you quite done squabbling amongst each other?" Ridley's voice cut through the tension like a knife, and Kinsa turned to face her. The Admiral was clearly annoyed. "Now, as for the tactics of the mission..."

Kinsa stopped listening, mostly. She knew her job; she'd done it well enough before. Master Sudana trusted her. The other sith, though. Kinsa trusted them about as much as she could throw them, and that was sadly a very lacking comparison. The little furry thing was watching her closely, and she didn't like it. As for Lazurus... He was still standing off to the side, a slight twist to his stance, almost like he might stalk out at any moment. Kinsa ignored him.

Ridley rambled on and on. Kinsa was beginning to find the conversation boring; she only half-listened, mentally noting down things only when they applied directly to her. Finally, it was over and they were dismissed. Kinsa stood gratefully, and turned for the door. Someone, her master, laid a hand on her arm. Kinsa waited until everyone else had left the room before meeting her master's gaze. Sudana stared at her intently, and Kinsa sighed. She wasn't going to speak first, was she?

"I don't like the childish one." Kinsa glanced towards the door, making sure no one had returned for any reason. The hallway outside remained empty, but she reached out through the Force, just to make sure. "He hates me. The feeling is mutual."

Sudana nodded. "The first goal of a leader is to not share your emotions. The goal is the end. Emotions are just a barrier to what needs to be done." She leaned in, whispering so only Kinsa could hear her. "The feeling is shared, Lady Kinsa."

Kinsa nodded, eyes still on the door that led into the hallway. The doors were still open and the hall remained empty. She turned to face her master again. "I don't trust him," she said, trying to pick her words carefully. "He is too..."

"Unpredictable?"

"Yes." She sighed and lowered her head. "He is like a loose canon, and I get the sense that he won't follow orders."

"We must keep an eye on him, then." Sudana sounded displeased, but not all that surprised. Kinsa understood, or she hoped she did. "As a Sith Lord, you are one with the Force. With them, I do not see the Force flowing through them like it should." Her eyebrows furrowed. "Darth Lazarus pushes the Force through him. He has not been trained as a master. And Darth Lung... he is fueled deeply by hatred." She swiveled to Kinsa suddenly. "Let the hate flow through you, but do not let it become you, Lady Kinsa."

Kinsa nodded. "That is sound advice, my master."

"We shall need our rest before the battle begins," her master said, and then nodded, as if it were already decided. Kinsa silently agreed. Together they turned and left the room.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:49 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Kelsier/Naboo

Kelsier walked through the large expanse of the Naboo ship dock. Beside him walked Jedi Master Vin Simniestra. They'd just finished a twelve hour court dispute between two high end districts on the outskirts of the Capitol and Kelsier was, to say the least, tired.

"I understand their is a lesson to be taught in settling disputes on a grand scale, but for two months? It may be edifying, but that is entirely over kill master."

A sly smile crept across Vin's face. In a slow voice she began.

"It may be more edifying than you think Kelsier. Theirs been an undertone that once again you've failed to identify."

Kelsier frowned.

"I follow your orders to the letter master, you know that. What have I missed?"

"You missed the fact that we could have stopped at any time. This wasn't a test of discipline or skill with the spoke word, but a test of independence. You've been following me without question since you were twelve Kelsier, I can't lead you around forever. Their will be a time very soon where you'll have to go against your feelings. A time-" She added with a slight smile, "where your master may not be right, and it will be up to you to make your own decisions unguided."

Kelsier listened to all this with a vague expression of shock. When it came down to it, Vin was right. Kelsier needed to take more control of his life. A Jedi needed to be in control of himself whether or not he had a master to lead him. Kelsier silently cursed himself for not thinking of this, but forced himself to see the bright side of the conversation and overall, the whole experience. At least he'd learned something, and that furthered his training whether he liked it or not. The thought of training reminded him of Coramin. He needed to get back to her soon or she'd get behind the other padawans in her lessons. A transmission popped up on Kelsier's wrist. It was a holograph of the Chancellor. Kelsier's eyes widened as the message began.

''Kelsier Valan, as a Jedi Knight, you are to board the ship named 'The Arwen'. Their you will meet up with your fellow Jedi as well as your padawan.'' At this, Kelsier's eyes widened even more. Coramin on a ship? Kelsier just hoped she didn't decide to tamper with any of the Arwen's.....valuable parts, '' After an initial briefing, you are to travel to the Syn-Teria system and assist the Senate's armies in any way possible.''

With that the message ended. Kelsier looked up at his master. Vin simply smiled.

''You have been tested Kelsier. By the Jedi Council.''

Like Kelsier needed more tests.

In another minute of walking, they'd reached his ship. It stood a little bigger than a standard Jedi fighter and was painted a pure white all the way down to its thrusters. Vin stared up at the fighter, eyes twinkling with silent laughter.

"You came here in....that?"

Kelsier smiled.

"You know me master. I prefer to travel light and fast. Big luxurious cruisers just don't fit me."

A smile crept across Vin's lips.

''May the force be with you Kelsier.''

''And you, master.''

With that, he climbed into his ship and was off, the grassy hilltops of Naboo blurring along below him.

Once in space, Kelsier turned on his astromech droid, N4GL.

"N4, Pilot the ship to Coruscant. We need to report back to the Council."

With that Kelsier left the pilot seat and slid into the small mobile COM center in the back of the ship. He needed to meditate, besides, he had a long time until he got to the Arwen.

Kelsier snapped awake. A beeping sound came from the cockpit. Kelsier climbed into the cockpit. Up ahead, lay a massive planet. Glowing lines of light stretched across its surface, accentuating the gray that lay around it. Coruscant. It was where the Jedi Council was established centuries ago, and it was where it lay today. Kelsier couldn't help but feel a vague sense of fear as he passed through the planet's atmosphere. He always felt tension or fear when confronting the Council, after all, they decided what he would do whether he liked it or not. They controlled him. It wasn't an easy thing to admit, being beholden to them as only a Jedi could, but Kelsier couldn't dismiss facts. It wasn't in his nature to see things as they were, and this fact was no more plainer than his right hand.

Kelsier always wondered why the Senate Building wasn't the tallest building on the planet. It was the landmark of Coruscant as well as where the Chancellor and the Jedi Council resided. Why didn't the architects make it apparent? Putting the thought out of his head, Kelsier steeled himself before entering the building. He hoped the briefing would go quickly, he didn't much like being stared In the face by people who could change your life in two words.

The doors two the meeting room slid open, revealing a man, definitely a Jedi, standing at the center of the room. Kelsier was confused.

''Where is the Council?''

The Jedi turned

''Meeting. I've been informed to tell you to board The Arwen, it is on landing bay 2, and set off for the Syn-Teria system as soon as possible. Your briefing was given over your COM unit, no farther confirmation is needed.''

Kelsier paused for a second, such terms were more or less unheard of before. This lead Kelsier to believe this mission was far more serious than it sounded. Thanking the Jedi messenger, Kelsier left for landing bay 2 and The Arwen.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:30 am
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

Valmia Maloi | Spaceship heading to Asyteria

Stars upon stars before her, and endless controls in front of her, Valmia was where she thought she belonged, watching their ship move through space and time, to whatever destination was next. They had just recently made their routine return home after a year and a half of scavenging. It was enlightening for her this last trip, because she was allowed to see her family again.

It had been about five years since she was last allowed to see any of them, and the hello was right before the goodbye. Her master didn't like to waste time, and of course her seeing her family was of no use to him. The Chevin was about as brash and vulgar as any, except that he did not lay a hand on her.

However, that could not be said about the masters her family had to deal with. With the few moments she had, she heard of the qualms, saw the scars, and wiped away the tears. Secretly she handed gifts of things she scavenged privately and made into useful tools for her family members. Her youngest sibling was the most gut-wrenching case, the poor boy looked sullen and tired like an old man.

The injustice raised something in her she hadn't felt for a long time, for she refused to know feeling when she was on her travels, she was usually more complacent and docile than a droid. In that moment though, flashes of what could only be known as anger and pain stirred within her. They left as soon as they came, and she simply hugged the child tightly and whispered encouraging words in their mother tongue.

In the present, she was doing what she always did, trying to forget the past and move into the future, but it wasn't quite working this time. She moved she ship slightly to the left to avoid an asteroid, and let out a quiet sigh. She would do almost anything to free them, that was certain. That is if it was even remotely possible, because it didn't seem so. For ages and ages there was no freedom for her people, and it seemed like it was just how things were to be. Yet something inside of her protested that idea, she knew it couldn't be right, but what was? Startled by a foreign beeping sound behind her, she turned abruptly, her hand on her blaster, and then paused when she saw a tiny droid.

"Spree-lii--treep--beep" the machine squeaked. She furrowed her brow, she knew she learned droidspeak a long time ago. Filing through her memory in her mind, she tried to recall what she had learned. After feeling she had gathered enough information to have somewhat of a conversation, she started.

"Where did you come from?" She asked.

"Lii--Prrp--seer--veep--drii--sii!" the droid replied. She translated that to "I come from the planet Vinsoth!"

Her eyes widened, did her master know there was a droid on here? Did he buy one? She had so many questions, but before she could ask, the droid started squealing all kinds of things. That was when she realized there was a planet in sight and a master fleet of ships heading toward it.

"What are you doing wasting time?!" The deafening roar came from her master, and the droid quickly found somewhere to hide. The Chevin stalked slowly toward her. She pointed out the case before them.

"We're landing on that planet!!" He commanded.

"Yes, of course, master, though it looks danger-"

"I did not ask for your opinion." He interrupted her.

She operated the spaceship, and set it to land on the planet Asyteria.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:16 am
View Likes
birk says...

Jedi Master Fandral Shen|The Arwen

His head hurt. He was going to be away for a long time, and he knew it. It’d been a long time since he’d have to leave Emera for such an extended period. He hated the thought of leaving his pregnant wife behind like this. But he’d essentially gotten the message that he was foremost a Jedi, and a husband second, and he had the brains to not bring a fight to the old, though seldom followed Jedi code.

His duties came first. No matter how he thought differently. Or how he felt his duties should now be with his wife.

Leaning heavily on a railing, the giant shadow of ‘The Arwen’, one of the main forward warships under Jedi ruling, covered Fandral Shen in darkness from the moonlight. He’d gotten used to the view of the large moon within view of Emera; now he’d have to get used to a new moon. A smaller one, he was told. He couldn’t wait for the return journey from Asyteria.

“Zongarian beef with sautéed bronki onions, zarrots and extra spicy chili! Can you believe this?! Complimentary meal commissioned from the Jedi council itself! Master, are you not hungry?” Eustor said with enthusiasm as he sat down on a bench beside his Jedi Master.

“We’re due for quite an important meeting in just a short while, Eustor. Do you truly feel you’re up for finishing this feast of yours before then?” Fandral said, still leaning over the railing, his peripheral vision on his padawan seated behind him.

“I think I’m up for the task, master. I’ve been practicing.” He playfully replied, with a smirk and a twinkle in his eyes. Behind him, his master sighed. “I’m sure you have. Did you bring me my Tauntaun filet?” Eustor stiffened up in his seat, “uuh, Tauntaun filet?”

Fandral put a hand on his shoulder as he passed him by, “Just a joke. I’m heading to the briefing room onboard the ship any minute; I see we have several of our colleagues joining us.” He continued to walk towards the entrance of the hangar.

Once there, he greeted a Jedi he was barely familiar with.

“Kelsier Valan, I believe?”

“That is me, yes. I am told I should report to Jedi Master Fandral Shen. Am I speaking to him?” The young Jedi Knight replied. Fandral nodded. “You are. And you may refer to me as Master Shen. You?”

“Kelsier will do.”

“Very well. I’ll be briefing the lot of you in a short while onboard the ship. Rec room one. Glad to have you here, Jedi Knight Kelsier.” The young man nodded respectfully and stepped determined past him.

He then eyed Jedi Master Castra Sorren approach him. They considered themselves fairly good friends, and Fandral enjoyed the thought that he would at least have this proven and skilled Jedi at his side.

“Sorren! Good to see you!” He greeted him once they stood together. “Glad to see you too, old friend. Are you ready to get this briefing going and this mission underway?” He returned, as they casually shook hands quickly and started towards the ship together.

“More than I’ll ever be.”

Within the hour, both of them stood before a gathering of handpicked Jedi’s selected by the Jedi Council, as well as a large chunk of the crew of The Arwen. Their briefing was quick and concise. There were rumors of Sith activity within this system, more precisely; among these planets. Their inhabitants were in the middle of a war. A war the Sith were whispered to be behind. Moreover, several prominent members within the Jedi Order had felt a disturbance in the force. Fandral among them.

“We leave at midnight. For easier acclamation to our travel, it’ll be easier if you’re all asleep by the time we depart. Once we reach the planet of Asyteria, which will be roughly within four days, The Arwen will enter orbit around it, or close to it, as we have intel which says there might be something massive already orbiting the planet. And it’s not a moon.”

His voice was stern. As usual. And after the briefing ended, the crowd quickly scattered, leaving him to converse privately with Sorren.

There was nothing left to do now. Just wait for their ship to arrive at their destination, hope for information from their forward scouts, and prepare. He decided to head to his cabin. It was still a bit early, but he wanted to be asleep by the time they departed.

On his way out of the rec room, he informed Eustor to join him for breakfast in the morning. His young padawan was talking with another padawan, he believed; she introduced herself as Coramim Birn. Maybe she’ll appreciate his humor; somebody has to, he thought to himself, chuckling slightly.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein