z

Young Writers Society

Revenge of the Witches

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:42 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

The king is dead. Long live the Revolution.

For 200 years, the witches and magicians of Riftmark were hunted down and burned at the stake. Anyone suspected of being a witch- outspoken women, herbalists, midwives, and even vagrants- were hunted down by the Inquitsition. People soon grew restless and weary of the witch-burning, and the Inquisition, a collection of witch hunters and nobles, was finally overthrown after five years of chaotic revolution.

Now, the future of Riftmark lies in uncertainty. The royal family, as far as is known, was slaughtered at the hands of a mob towards the end of the Revolution, and the Chief Inquisitor, Malcolm Everglynn, was burned at the stake. His daughter and heir, Phoenix Everglynn, still lives, though no one knows where. Many people search for her, since a bounty of a thousand gold pieces has been placed on her head. Also left behind was the man who trained the inductees, Lord Quinn Aurelius. He served as an advisor and confidante to the Everglynns, but now seeks power for himself. His agenda is to overthrow the witch leadership and bring back the witch hunts.

With no leadership and no laws, the wronged witches, and even the common peoples, started hunting down the witch hunters for revenge. Masses of people sweep the countryside, gruesomely butchering anyone they find. In the cities, there are whispers of witches for hire that will hunt down the hunters for a pretty penny. Nobles and wealthy merchants have aligned themselves with the witches, for the time being, seeing no other way out of certain death. From the ranks of the magic-users rose Darius and Rhiannon Asterion, twin brother and sister. They are rumoured to be exceptionally powerful, and command a large group of magic-users known as the Remnant.

The nobles, of course, will not let themselves be forgotten. Many have raised small armies of their own, commanded by themselves. From deep in the Angardian Mountains, Lady Celia Thornhart leads a small contingent force towards the capitol city, Dwinhyr. Meanwhile, Lords Cyrus and Finn Gwythall have amassed a force made up of assassins, thieves, and other slum-dwellers, whom they command from their home in the southern deserts. They do not ride for Dwinhyr, but bide their time and collect information, waiting for the right time to strike.

Who will win this match of power?

The Players

Spoiler! :
Pheonix Everglynn- (17-23 y.o.) @QueenOfHearts
Quinn Aurelius- (30-45 y.o.) @Stegosaurus
Witch Hunter- (16-50 y.o.) @Wolfie36

Darius Asterion- (16-20 y.o.) @TheForgottenKing
Rhiannon Asterion- (16-20 y.o.) @QueenOfHearts
Magic-User- (14-50 y.o.) @AlmondEyes

Celia Thornhart- (24-34 y.o.)
Cyrus Gwynthall- (34-44 y.o.) @DeeDemesne
Finn Gwynthall- (24-30 y.o.) NPC
Soldier: Thornhart Company- (18-25 y.o.) @TheSilverFox
Soldier: Gwynthall Company- (18-25 y.o.) @Blaspherica

Character Template:
Do try to make these detailed, munchkins.
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] Please observe the restrictions placed.
[b]Allegiance:[/b] (i.e. Thornhart or Gwynthall Company, Remnant, Inquisition)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]UFL:[/b]
[b]Their deepest, darkest, secret:[/b]

Spoiler! :
Note: Characters can be added if we run out of spots.

Who will win the game, the cat, the mouse, or the snake?
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

212 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:05 am
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Phoenix | Somewhere in the Northern Marshes

Her feet hurt. Everything hurt.

"Just keep going. You can do this." Her voice was swallowed up almost instantly by the freezing bog. As she shuffled along, clutching her ripped, ashy garments around her, the deep cut on her back began to bleed again, and Phoenix let out a string of curses.

How she had stayed alive, even Phoenix didn't know. All she knew was that she had to stay alive. To avenge the Commander. To do what's right. For honor. And duty. Her thoughts swirled around in her head as she stumbled over the half-wet ground. She took a particularly nasty fall, crying out in pain as the brand marks on her back came into contact with the rough bark of an elm tree. Phoenix shuddered as she thought of the witch twins who looked like day and night. The girl had smiled at her right before she struck, and Phoenix had shrunk back, seeing the same madness in the witch's eyes that she saw every day in the mirror.

The witch- her brother had called her Rhia- Phoenix remembered deliriously. Her hands shook as she gripped the pommel of her sword and stumbled forward once again. She'd twisted her ankle running from a dragon-wolf the night before, and now she felt her way forward with a stick, trying desperately not to stumble into a bog. The sun shined brightly overhead, reflecting off of the clumps of snow and ice that lay about. When would this nightmarish bog end? Phoenix knew that the Northern Swamps seemed endless- a soldier under her command had braved the way there and back to hunt down a pair of necromancers. Three of the man's fingers had to be cut off when he had finally returned, his quarry's heads hanging from his belt. He'd been malnourished and weak and he had set off prepared.

Commandant, I'll never make it. The breath rattled from her lungs as she looked around for an end. Suddenly, a tall tree appeared to her right. And then another. Mountains rose up behind them with ice-capped peaks. Stumbling happily towards them, Phoenix grinned slowly. I did it. I'm alive. When she finally made it to the mountains, looking for a habitable cave, a light snow had started to fall. A few times, she'd heard the howling of more dragon-wolves. Phoenix clutched the skin of the wolf she'd killed tighter around her. When she found her shelter, she could clean it and use it to keep her warm, but with the ice crystals frozen onto it, it was useless.

When Phoenix finally found a cave, she nearly didn't see it. Only at the last second did she see the large opening and duck inside, glad to be out of the snow. The dry timber she'd collected was wet now, but she still had some food left. Collapsing onto the floor, Phoenix stacked her meager supply of wood against the wall and set to making a fire. As she warmed her numb hands and ate, exhaustion washed over her, and after taking a good look at the howling snowstorm outside, let herself fall into the realm of sleep.

~~~

Someone was shaking her awake. Phoenix snuggled into her blankets, wondering why her room was so cold and why her bed was so hard. Memories flooded into her mind, and she snapped awake. In a second, she had the boy who'd tried to wake her pinned on the rocky ground, ignoring the burning pain in her back.

"Who are you? Why are you here? Did you follow me?" Questions flooded out of her mouth.

"Commandant, girl, I was just tryin' to help!" His accent was thick and northern, suggesting that he was from somewhere close and had probably never left the mountains. "Besides, this is my cave!"

She glanced around. "You live here? Where are your belongings? Why weren't you here before." Surprised at how paranoid and insane she sounded, Phoenix sat back on her heels, still on guard but not restraining the boy anymore.

"It's not my home, no. But I stay here when I come trapping." He jerked his head outside. "Fur's are best in th' wintertime, y'know, so..." His voice trailed off, and he stood up cautiously, watching Phoenix carefully. Going to a partially obscured rock shelf in the cave, he pulled down a pile of furs, and then a bundle of wood.

Phoenix stood up, swaying. "I- er- I'm sorry- thank you for-" She gripped her head, wincing as her wounds started bleeding again.

The boy ran a hand through his fiery hair. "Are you alright? You smell like you're dead, and you're covered in blood."

Phoenix shut her eyes, trying to keep from blacking out. Taking deep breaths, she answered, "Not really. There are men after me, but I doubt they followed me through the bogs and the snowstorm. I'm not leaving a blood trail, and my scent is long gone, from the way wind whips around up here." She pressed a hand to her back. "I'm worried about the cut on my back. I would have stitched it myself, but I can't quite reach." Meeting the boy's eyes, she asked, "You wouldn't know how to stitch wounds, would you?" He looked like the sort that would, with that bow on his lean back and the hides in his hands.

Thankfully, he nodded. "Yeah, I know a bit. Mother used to heal a bit, and I picked up the basics." Setting his pack down, he quickly built a fire and found needle and thread.

Phoenix watched him thread the needle quietly. "What's your name? I should know who I owe my life to."

The boy looked up, smiling. "I think you'd have been able to take care of yourself. But people call me Roen."

She nodded. "I'm..." Her voice faltered as she wondered what name to give him, but she settled quickly on giving him the truth. Having him find out weeks later and trying to kill her- he had said his mother healed, after all, and some idiot might have gone and killed her for simply knowing doctoring and being a woman. "I'm Phoenix."

The needle threaded, the boy- Roen- looked up, meeting her eyes. "Phoenix Everglynn. I know. You killed my father."

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:16 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

Darius

"Darius!? Are you even paying attention?" I awoke from my day dream. Rhea was glaring at me. She was surrounded by the Exemplars, a sect of warrior mages from the far west, who had pledged themselves to the cause, whatever that was." What do I need to pay attention to?" I asked, standing up strait. With a sigh my sister excused the Exemplar Battlemasters. "Brother, I know you dislike the politics of running a city such as Tempalis, but it is necessary if The remnant and our non magical army is to survive! We need shelter, a Capitol, food, coin and supplies. And Tempalis offers us this."

I looked into my sisters eyes." Rhea, we were both trained differently. The warlock of the south taught you all about language and politics... But in the North...." I shivered, memories of my painful childhood. Instantly I was in my sisters arms." Darius, they asked if you would like to be inducted into their order." I looked at her." The Everglynns never allowed the Exemplars into Riftmark because of their magical abilities. But now, change is coming at last! And the Remnant can make this possible. No one will stand in the way of any magic user ever again." She twirled away, overlooking the city we had captured not two days ago. The fires were almost out, but smoke and the cries of the wounded still filled the sky. "Brother! Take up a commission with the Exemplar brotherhood. Combined with our Remnant, and the Exemplar Knights, no one can stand before us! Not even that girl Phoenix." My sisters eyes burned with hate. I did not know why, but my sister had a burning animosity to the Everglynn heir.

They had history at one point, I wasn't sure which." And what will I do with the Exemplars?" She turned with a crazy laugh." Why my brother, they will destroy all that says against us. The Exemplar Grandmaster in Tortall has agreed to make you the battle-master of the Riftmark Exepmlar Sect. I can take charge mainly of the Remnant, but we can both work together to take back our country." Seething she turned to her maps." I'll see you tonight." She dismissed me with a wave of her hand, her counsellor Simon coming in, to assist her with whatever.

As soon as I left her war room, the visiting Exemplars all bowed." Assuming you've chosen to take the commission and join the Brotherhood, welcome, Battle-Master Asterion." One said. The others followed suit in welcoming me to their brotherhood. Instantly I sent my sister my thoughts. ( " Oh quit making a big deal brother. It's just protocol. Soon you'll be hunting down members of the Inquisition. But first, seek out some members of the Remnant to join the Brotherhood. We need to tie our selves to the brotherhood as tight as possible. Than, I want you to begin hunting down Phoenix. I want to watch her scream again. It amused me.")

Shrugging I turned to the Exemplar." Where do we begin?" I asked. He smiled." Well you see Lord Asteriom, being Exemplar means we simply are warriors with magical abilities. Your Kingdom never gave magic users a fair say. I think after we outfit you, we can begin your training in the more physical aspects of being a knight. From what we head... Your magic is quite powerful already. Your sister said you had a teacher in the more physical ways of war. We can handle that now. But you are now our Brother. And since your the Battle-Master of Riftmark, it's your call what we do next." I smiled and straitened my shoulders. I was going to have fun with some witch-hunters is what I was going to do.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:17 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Evion Wyandanch | Somewhere in the Angardian Mountains

Thock! Thock! Thock!

The three arrows embedded themselves deep into the middles of the straw dummies, causing them to spill straw onto the floor. Evion whipped another three arrows from the standard-issue quiver that he had been given by Thornhart’s Company, and dashed parallel to the dummies, firing yet another volley of arrows. Their impact, had the dummies been human, would’ve been quite deadly, his shots continuously landing at the spot where a person’s heart would be.

Grim determination consumed him, his passion making him ignore the sights and sounds around him. Sweat trickled down his face from both his roasting in his chainmail armor and the intense concentration that he was implementing to aim with such ferocity, accuracy, and speed. His muscles, though, did not ache; it was his mind and his reflexes that were doing all the exercising, and they were exerting themselves heavily, even beginning to grow weary. Despite that, however, the results were fantastic, and Evion, though he showed it to none of the others around him, was a little prideful of that fact. A long time training had proved largely successful, and he acknowledge with happiness that his skills with a bow were even more amazing than they had been when he had first joined. He could now take down opponents from a far distance away, and even the leader of his group was quite impressed by his skills, which, given his leader’s prowess and fighting skills, was wonderful news indeed. As such, the imagination that was normally enclosed deep within his mind awoke again, concocting his favorite scenes of glory in his mind, allowing him to relish in his dreams and price once more.

“Evion!”

Thock! Thock! Thock!

He stands beside Celia, slaughtering the witches that dare come near her with his bow. She waves her sword in the air, and a horde of men charge into the battlefield, crushing their scattered foes in one fell swoop…

“Evion!”

A procession marches into the ancient city of Dwinhyr, where they are accosted by the sounds of thousands of cheering citizens, joyous at being freed from their terrible servitude until the harsh grasp of the Remnant and the Witch Twins…

“EVION!”

He stands beside the noble as the ceremony begins. He watches with intense happiness as the crown is lifted over her head, and the men begin to chant, “Long live the queen! Long live the queen!” “Long live the…”

“EVION WYANDANCH!”

Evion was wrested from his imagination by the shout. Reacting quickly, he pushed all of his strength into the bow, and fired a swift arrow, letting his anger and surprise travel through his body and loose it from him by means of the arrow. The strength of the shot was incredible; it shot right through one of the straw dummies. However, he did not notice this feat, so irritated was he by the noise that had separated him from his joy. He whirled around, aiming his bow at the source of the shouting, only to lower the bow when he saw his commander glaring at him. Evion shot a nasty stare back, frustrated at his only having had the opportunity to enjoy himself for but a short time. In spite of this, he knew that he couldn’t voice his anger or threaten his commander; he would not want to cross one of the strongest, most intimidating men in the army, especially when that man could have him thrust from the army, or perhaps even executed, on such a small offense as that. Thus, Evion was entirely still and silent, waited for his troop leader to speak.

“Your fellow soldiers want to practice as well,” the commander said, gesturing towards the small gathering of troops on either side of him. They all looked at Evion with a mix of anger and jealousy. Evion ignored all of them, not caring for any of them in particular (they had a largely antagonistic relationship, given his lack of respect for them, and their equal feelings towards him), and simply shrugged his shoulders. He mumbled a word of apology, and the captain, catching those few words, nodded his head in silence. The captain, despite his harshness, respected Evion, and understood the basis for some of his actions. He certainly understood the archer better than most others did, and knew his mannerisms quite well. As a matter of fact, he knew all of his troops quite well, and treated them with an equal fairness that impressed Evion. It made perfect sense to the archer why his commander held such respect, and also partly why he did not try to invoke any of his rage on the captain; he simply let it sink deep inside of him, allowing it to be dissolved by his weariness.

A well-armored man marched over to where Evion and his commander were, wearing a grim expression on his face.

“I have a man in my ranks with an arrow through his leg,” he said in a loud, booming, gruff voice, “Who did this!?”

The captain and Evion locked eyes for a second. The archer could’ve sworn he saw his commander smile, if only for a brief second, but the captain’s eyes betrayed no emotion, and his smile swiftly returned to its normal stoic look. “You are dismissed from archery practice today, Evion,” said the captain, addressing the archer, “Return to your tent and await further instructions.”

Evion marched away from his position, heading towards his particular tent among the conflagration in the area. As he left, he could hear his commander speaking to the soldier who had told what had happened: “One of my soldiers simply got too excited, general. Yes, I will take full responsibility for the incident…”

…Evion smiled.

“What?!” said Evion outside his tent in an incredulous voice, “Are you kidding me? We’re leaving!?”

“That’s exactly what I’ve been told,” replied the armored messenger in front of him.

“The orders have been sent down the chain of command; we head for the city of Anwen today. It will be a day’s march before we arrive, but we’ll be there by sunset, and gather supplies before we leave.”

“And then…” began Evion.

“If all goes well, and we gather enough supplies, we’re heading for Dwinhyr,” replied the messenger simply.

Evion couldn’t fathom the thought; in fact, he’d wanted to hear it again just so he could be sure that it wasn’t a mistake. After those days of endless training, after all the time spent dreaming, hoping for the day that the army would travel to the capital, and building his skills and stamina just for that campaign and for the victory he so greatly desired, it was finally within sight. They were finally packing up, abandoning their position, and traveling towards the one place that he had always hoped that he would go, but had never thought he would reach, having spent so long getting to this point. His skills would finally be put to the test; he would finally have the chance to put his name in the history books. He wasn’t sure whether he was absolutely terrified at the thought of failure, or joyous at the thought of success – he felt both. Even his normal, calm façade had been broken, his normal bemused nature replaced by one of surprise and shock.

He, however, quickly mustered a passable poker face, and allowed the messenger to deliver his last piece of news. Although he’d already failed at looking unsurprised, he didn’t want to give away too many of his emotions to this person. He certainly didn’t want the word spreading around camp that his normally stoic nature had been broken, and certainly didn’t want anybody to figure out anything about his overactive imagination and his ridiculous dreams, the latter of which would definitely be embarrassing. However, the thought was simply too much to hold in his mind, and too much for him to handle. Thus, he figured, he just needed some time alone to recollect his thoughts and plan his next action, so he could allow himself time for respite and relax. Which, of course, meant waiting for this conversation to end and the messenger to leave, which Evion waited for in eagerness.

“You have one hour to take down your tent and carry whatever you can with you. Then we leave. If you haven’t completed your task an hour from now, you will be left behind” said the messenger, before he walked away to deliver the news to the other soldiers stationed nearby, leaving Evion to his own devices.

Evion stood there for a short time, rolling the thought over and over in his mind. Eventually, the shock of it faded away, and he was left with the grueling task of disassembling his tent, rolling it up in a ball, slinging it over his shoulder, and lugging his few possessions – a bow, some arrows, a quiver, an old book his grandmother once owned but had never figured what it meant, being illiterate – along with him. In the meantime, he let his mind wander. All the emotions that he had bottled up earlier were let loose, slowly but surely, as he took down his tent. His anger, his joy, his surprise, his pride; they all poured out of him, as though steam from a hot pool, rising into the air until it was swept away by the wind. He wondered, he questioned, and he daydreamed vibrantly, allowing the thought of leaving the camp that he had called home for so long to crumple up into a ball and be tossed into the flames of his mind. Surprisingly, the thought of leaving the place that he had come, and the only place where he had been happy, had been inspired, and had been devoted to a good cause did not sting as much as he thought it would.

He was simply awestruck by the thought of the adventure ahead.

Suddenly, a cry rose into the air. “Hail, Lady Celia Thornhart!” Evion, with his tent broken down, it and all of his possessions now on his shoulders, scanned the area. All about him, soldiers had already taken down their tents, and all were staring at a figure in horseback. A lady, well-composed and tall, rode in and amongst the large gathering of men. Upon sight of her, a raucous cheer began from the men, which Evion joined in, yelling as loud and as hard as he possibly could. The arrival of the lady meant only one thing. Yes, the hour had finally concluded. Yes, the moment had fallen upon them. The army was ready to move.

His time had finally come.

“Three cheers for Thornhart!” a man shouted.

“Huzzah!” roared the audience, watching the lady attentively.

“May she lead us to victory!” the man continued.

“Huzzah!”

“May she bring justice upon the land!”

“Huzzah!”

“Long live Lady Thornhart!”

“HUZZAH!”

And so did the march begin.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:02 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

~Satinka Bloodgood~

Spoiler! :
Just a warning to you all, I got a little carries away xD

Fire raged around like an unstoppable force, eating everything in it's wake. Heat licked her sootened cheeks as chaos and mayhem ran rampant. Everything was burning. People screaming. Blood practically raining from the sky and staining the ground red.

"Let the witches burn!" yelled a hunter. "So that they may burn in hell for all eternity!"

Other voices echoed his words in answer, the hate in their voice and hungry look in their eyes left Satinka frightened beyond belief. She cried for Malikai as she crawled from her bed to find them, her home turning to ash around her. Relief flooded her as she was pulled from the floor, only to find it wasn't who she was looking for.

"Witch trash!"

Satinka was dragged by her hair to the rest of her family. She fought as hard as she could, screaming for her Malikai, but they only laughed as they threw her down. Then came Amara, Malikai's pregnant wife thrown down beside her. She couldn't help but cry in fear as Amara wrapped her arms around the Satinka.

"What do you want with us?" Amara yelled. "We have done nothing to deserve this!"

It was too hard for the girl to see the hand that came crashing down against Amara's cheek, sending her to the floor.

"You and your kind are a crime against God and nature. It is our job to rid the world of your vile breed." he spat.

As she looked to the sound of the voice through the smoke, she saw him. Standing tall and proud with nothing but hate and Malice in his eyes, she quaked. Not only did his voice send chills down her spine, bit his sheer mountainous size did nothing to quell Satinka's growing fear as he towered over her. The grim determination on his face and pure disgust in his abysmal black eyes brought tears of desperation to her own.

"Why are you doing this?" she cried. "We just wish to live in peace. Nothing more!"

His enormous hand shot out, wrapping around her throat as he lifted her off of the ground. Her legs flailed under her as she gasped for air. There was nothing she could do to fight the man. Everything Malikai had taught her, overridden by her fear. She was nothing but weak.

"You're nothing but filth that must be cleansed from the world." he growled.

"And you're nothing but a pathetic filthy man who's has no other purpose." she grunted.

The man sneered a nasty smile before tossing her to the ground. He whistled, and three more men came through the the inflamed door as if the fire didn't bother them as it raged around them all. On man grabbed Amara by her hair and stuck a knife to her throat. The man nodded to her they threw her down to the ground where they held her as she screamed. The man kneeled between her legs and ripped through the night gown she was wearing. He then set his knife in a flame, holding it there until to glowed. She screamed for Malikai, wondering where he was.

"Satinka!" someone was yelling my name.

Why wasn't he here? Was he already dead? Satinka screamed as the man places the blade to her skin and slid it down her body. She screamed as he slid into her stomach, her back bowing. She screamed once more for Malikai.

"Satinka!" Someone was touching me.

Amara could do nothing but stand there watch, tears cascading down her cheeks as blood slid down her neck from where the knife was held against her neck.

"My purpose is very clear to me." he said as he held the knife to the flame once again.

Satinka lay there trembling, her body in agonizing pain. Her head fell to the side as she watched the fire rage on around them, wondering when it would swallow her up. Then she saw Malikai, and her heart soared in her chest as she watched him cut down the man holding Amara. Turning with another vicious swing of his sword, he slit the throat of one of the men holding the girl down. Then the other one.

The girl covered herself as best she could, dragging herself toward Amara. They had to get out of here, Amara had to get out of here. The clang of swords reminded her why. The house began to creak and moan, foreshadowing the inevitable collapse of the house.

"Hurry and get Amara out of here!" Malikai yelled.

She had to do this for him. She already failed once. She couldn't fail him again. Keep moving. Keep moving. Keep moving. Keep moving. That's all she told herself as she crawled towards Amara's unconscious body. Satinka began to drag her body toward the door as everything began to fall around them, pieces of wood began to fall from the ceiling. The girl coughed, harder and harder as she struggled to pull Amara away from harm, pushing her body to its limits. It was becoming hard too breathe, but she had to keep going. Keep going. Keep going. Keep going. Keep going. She had to keep going.

Just as she managed to pull Amara through the threshold, she was grabbed by her hair and thrown back into the house that was now beginning to give out. Malikai was battling with the behemoth, momentarily caught off guard by her screaming. The man used the opportunity to his advantage, sending his sword through Malikai's stomach. Satinka screamed again.

"Satinka!"

"Too slow." the man smiled grimly, yanking the sword from Malikai.

Satinka cried as she was thrown to the ground beside him. She scrambled over him as more of the house came down around them,trying to keep him from bleeding out.

"You can't leave me Malikai," she cried. "Please don't leave me!"

"It's over now," he smile triumphantly. "You're going to burn like the rest of them.

I stared up at him with as much hate and detest that I could manage, but couldn't stop the tears that fell from my face. The man who'd dragged me back into the house stepped forward with a smug smile on his face.

"We can't leave her like this," he smiled coldly. "She's still got some fight left in her. Can't have that can we, Ulfric?

"Guess not," he smirked.

she was then grabbed by her hair and pulled away from a still bleeding Malikai, but she wasn't about to go down without a fight. Grabbing Malikai's sword, she cried out in rage, turning with a ferocious swing and cutting straight through the stomach of whoever had been hold her hair. His blood splashed back on her as he fell to the floor. Satinka didn't waste time as I turned to stab Ulfric.

He roared in pain, falling back to the floor. She wasted no time as she stood above him with the sword, ready to strike. Before she could, he kicked her squarely in the chest and sent her flying back.

"You're to die if it's the last thing I do!" she yelled.

Just then, part of the ceiling came down around them. She was left penned under a burning piece or wood. She howled in pain as she as the fire began to burn through her clothes.

Ulfric smiled like the snake that he was. "Not this time, witch."

He then turned and walked away. Satinka screamed in rage, pulling herself from underneath the burning wood and crawled towards Malikai. He was still alive as she tried to pull him from the house, but her body was starting to weaken and her legs gave out. She began crying she watched him die in her arms, and there was nothing she could do. Hopelessness set into her heart as she pulled him close. He smiled up at her before his eyes closed. Satinka cried out one last time as fire reigned from the sky.

"SATINKA!"

I was ripped from my nightmare by the sound of Malikai's voice. He had me wrapped in his arms. The room was engulfed in darkness except for the shard of moonlight that peeked through the clouds and into my window. I was drenched in sweat, and my heart felt like it was going to burst from my chest.

"Malikai?" I called out breathlessly.

"Calm yourself, Satinka." Malikai urged.

It was only then that I realized my hands were engulfed in flames. I'd manifested flames in my sleep. I'd been pulled so deep into my nightmare that I summoned fire to me as a way to protect myself. Ulfric Reicher. The flames extinguished themselves as Malikai smoothed his hands over my sweat soaked hair. I leaned back against him as my heart calmed in my chest, and he kissed my forehead.

"Everything is ok." he told me.

"Is it really?" I look out the window as the skies clear and the moon shines through, showing it was almost at it's crest.

Malikai sighed. "We're both here."

"Amara isn't." I clenched my fists so tight my knuckles began protesting. "And he is."

Malikai was silent for moment. Probably trying to figure out how reply without setting me off. Poor man. I was a real hand full. I turned,placing a kiss on his gruffy cheek before getting out of bed.

"It's ok Malikai." I tell him. "I'll be fine."

He looked at me for a long moment, thought I couldn't fathom what he was thinking. His face was cloaked by the shadow of moonlight.

"Where are you going?" he stood up from my bed.

"To the springs to wash." I answer. "I won't be able to sleep like this."

Or at all after my nightmare. I could never sleep after having that nightmare. Not that I would ever want to sleep after anyway.

As I turn to leave, Malikai spoke. "Tinka,"

With a shock, I pause. He hadn't called me that in 8 years. Just as I turn back to him, something caught the light of the moon, glinting off of it. I caught the knife between my middle and index finger as it skated by my cheek.

"Don't forget your knife."

With that, he brushed past me and back into his room without a sound.

"Sleep tight." I stood there for a moment before heading off to the springs.

The stars out in the sky seemed luminescent in the sky tonight, like they were were pulsing with energy as I made my way through the trees to the spring. The night was still at the moment except for the owls singing in the trees and other creatures of the night going about their business. Whistling softly, my fingers brushed against the unyielding bark of the trees around me as my destination neared. The increasing heaviness of the air around me was the easiest way to find the spring when you grew close enough. The cave it was underneath would come into just as the air

Once there, I shed my night gown and sank into the water hot water with sigh. Diving under I resurfaced, smoothing my hair back from my face. Wading in the water, I lay back letting my body float atop the water as the steam clung to my skin. My hands and feet gently moved me in a Circe. There was nothing but the sound of water lapping around my finger and toes. Everything around me seemed serene, but I needed something to fill silence.

Into the sea
Hold you close to me

The sound of my voice reverberated against the cave wall as I sang, filling the silence.

Slide 'neath the waves
Down into the caves
Kiss me my love
Come rest in my arms
Dream your dreams with me
Slide beneath the sea
Come to me my love
Forget the land above

Just as my song finished, I felt something tickling my nose. Opening my eyes, I saw the fluttering wings of a little water sprite. I let my legs sink back under the water as the sprite hovered just above the water.

"Liked my singing did you?" I looked down at the sprite.

With shy nod, it flew away. Water sprites, of course like the water, especially hot Springs. They were adorable little things, and very shy around humans. Singing is a good way to coax them out of their little hiding places though.

Taking one more dive, I made my way to the edge of the spring, smoothing my hair back as I resurfaced before hopping out and dried off. Wrapping myself in the cloak i'd brought along with me, and headed back.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

The sun's rays shone high and bright as sweat glistened on every visible spot of skin I had exposed. Raising the Axe above my head, I heaved, bringing it down with exact precision towards the piece of wood i'd placed on the stump. It split right down the the, tumbling off the stump and falling into two ever growing piles on either side. After the nightmare from last night, I couldn't sleep, just as I knew I wouldn't be able to. Instead, I headed outside after getting dressed to train with my bow and arrow. Then with my throwing knives. Lastly my whips, which I did thoroughly enjoy. I was still feeling antsy after the sun came up, and decided chopping wood might help expel any lingering negativity.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

I with every chop, I imagined the embers from the flames.

Thunk!

The smell of ash and the deep scarlet shade of blood, covered in it.

Thunk!

The sound of his voice.

"Witch trash!"

Thunk!

"Satinka."

Thunk!

"Let the witches burn!"

"Satinka!"

I froze, the Axe just above a piece of wood, and on fire. Yet again, I was drenched in sweat, rivulets dripping from my brow and sliding down my neck and stomach. My heart felt as if a thousand horses were galloping at full speed, my chest heaving the with the recent exertions. I threw the flaming Axe into the stump, and the fire dissipated. The flames on my hands were a different story. The sun fed the flames that swarmed around my hand, dancing like they had been that night. Slowly, as my breathing quieted, they began to recede, now sitting in the palm of my hand as Malikai stood there, silently waiting.

"I came to check on you after last night." Malikai set another piece of wood on the stump.

I pulled the Axe out and continued chopping, minus the flames. "I'm fine."

Thunk

"Sure about that?" Malikai raised an unbelieving eyebrow as he placed another piece of wood.

"Aren't we both here like you said?" I raised the Axe above my head, and brought it down.

"Amara isn't." he looked straight at me. "but he is."

My nostrils flared as flames burst from my hands. I turned, throwing the Axe at a stuffed dummy up in a tree, splitting its head in two. The entire thing combusted into flames. I looked at the one in my hand, swaying and flickering with the wind.

"But he won't be." I look at him as I shake me head slowly.

Malikai waited, though he knew what I would say.

"When I find him, he'll burn slowly." Smothering the flame in my hand, they died on the dummy as well, smoke curling around my hand and vanishing into the sky.

Spoiler! :
Yikes, I did get carried away xD I hope you guys enjoyed the post! @TheSilverFox, since I know you've been waiting ^^

Also, here's a link to the song so you can hear it if any of you want to
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1cjilJHUnIs
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:41 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

Lord Quinn Aurelius

The area around Aurelius's Manor was foggy and damp. Outside, men were watching the horses leaning against the wooden fence that ran around the farm. On top of the horses were the prized racers competing in a horse race, yelling words of encouragement as the racers sped around the fenced in area. The area was a muddy circle about the size of a pool, that had little grass. The fence separated the muddy area for the grass, as it was hard to tend to grass when it was muddy.
Inside the Manor was Lord Quinn Aurelius, neatly signing letters to the local townsmen about an unpassable law. He quietly dipped a quill into a jar of ink, scraping the excess ink on the edges then wrote neatly. The law was for the witches that were thought to be killed off and wanted to test anyone that would be a suspect for being one. It was common, happening in the farms outside of the Manor. In the streets the men would look from the corners of their eyes while quietly giving messages to the other poor men roaming the streets. Lord Aurelius knew of this act and decided to keep it, letting it happen under his nose and ride about on his trusty steed. The people looked up to him having festivals for him every full moon then drink away the night, yelling chants and thought of curses to scare away the witches.
In his dark cave called an office, Lord Aurelius signed his name on the bottom and smiled to himself. He stood up from his small chair and looked out into the gloomy weather, seeing the mean training the horses as "racehorses for a certain race". It was beyond him to actually make them seem like racehorses as it could give signs of wanting to win something you already have or how your city could fall apart because of one race. He sighed, residing back to his desk. Resting his head in his hands, there was a knock outside his door.

"Come in," he said wearily as the person came in. With a long dress with silk ribbons and laced hem, his daughter walked in. Her gleaming blonde hair shimmered in the dull room, bouncing as she walked quietly towards her father.

"How are you, father?"

"Tired as the same, daughter. How are you?" he asked, leaning his head into his hand. His daughter looked towards the window, the cold light shining onto her face making it seem older. She was the youngest of the family, being out twenty-one and having not being married while her sisters, both twenty-six, married and having kids on the way.

"Same place, time, and thought. Only with a stronger feeling this time." Lord Aurelius nodded, looking down at the letter in front of him. His handwriting was a bit sloppy as was trying to make it neat. The penmanship was the key, as Quinn's teacher had told him at a young air, since no one could understand what you are saying. If you sent a pigeon to feed a hungry man, would you give it the wrong directions to that place? he had asked, while young Quinn shivered in his boots.
"The more you practice the art of writing, the more chances of yourself getting better."
He sighed, pushing the letter into another stack of letters waiting to be sent out. They fell to the floor, a silence crash and a paper snow fall. Lord Quinn groaned, banging his head onto the desk.

His daughter looked over then walked over to the desk.

"What is wrong, father?" His father mumbled a reply, as his daughter sighed.

"Work related." His daughter started, shifting her feet. Lord Quinn turned his head towards his daughter, leaving his hands on the pants he wore.

"Most likely work related. However in my past life, boring and restless itself, it would be the laws I pass. Now excuse me, while I write yet another law for getting rid of witches."

"Why don't you just have an attack force?"

Lord Quinn made a confused expression.

"An attack force?"

His daughter nodded. "Like special people that could walk the towns and find the witches, then soon after burning them out in the woods somewhere."

Lord Aurelius gave his daughter a blank stare.

"Like attack dogs."

"Oh. Have you thought about this long, daughter?"

His daughter nodded. "Would you like a better explanation of the plan, father?"

Soon they drew on maps, discussed on big boards, and called in an entire meeting. At the end, they had a set system of a battle plan.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:26 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Hank Louis
Witch Hunter

The horses dashed around the corner, splattering mud on their chests and nimble legs. The fog that clung to the early morning air was so thick that Hank couldn't see the turns until they were upon him, but as they rounded the track for the third and final time, he was able to preemptively steer his horse in the right direction. The horse in front of him was irritating him, not only because it was in first place but also because it was kicking up mud and making a mess of him and his horse. "Dammit, boy, go!" he yelled at his horse, smacking its hide as they hit the final stretch and prompting it to edge along the fence and gallop abreast the other horse. He leaned forward in the saddle as far as he could go. It was going to be a close one. Go, go, go, go!

Hank could hear the men along the fence cheering them on, and he imagined some of them were clinging to coins in their fists. He assumed most bets had been on the indisputable favorite, himself, and he didn't want to let them down. 

Unfortunately, the other horse wasn't keen on letting up. Hank didn't know who this rider was, but as much as Hank hated to admit it, the guy was good. 
In a flash the finish line was behind them, but Hank was still uncertain about who had won. He eased his sweating horse to a canter and wiped the splattered mud off his face, and when they returned after a cool-down lap the men at the fence weren't cheering or exchanging money, as he had still expected; they were arguing. 

One man leaning on the fence ushered the riders towards him. "In all honesty," he said, "we can't tell who won. Seems like a draw to me."

"Excuse me, mister," another man behind him said, "but you're just saying that 'cause don't want to lose your money. You saw it plain as day: number four had its neck out further at the finish line. The money's mine."

Yet another man spoke up. "I'm telling you, you weren't watchin' his legs! Number three was clearly the winner..."

Hank raised a hand to silence the men. "Woah, woah there, gentlemen. Perhaps it is a draw. Perhaps we need a tiebreaker." He smiled in spite of himself. 

"Another race? The horses are too tired, look at 'em..."

"No, not another race," Hank said. "Perhaps a sword fight, with wooden swords, of course?" He glanced at his opponent in question and was irked to find that the guy seemed indifferent to Hank's proposal. Did this man know his reputation? Who was he, anyway? Hank hadn't been around the moor for a while, but he was more accustomed to seeing the effects of his notoriety. 

The sword fight was quickly approved of, and as Hank was awaiting the retrieval of the two wooden swords, he was planning what he'd do to show this youngster who was the boss. He'd take a defensive angle first, to give the guy a little more confidence, then he'd turn the tables and...

"Mr. Louis, sir," a voice interrupted. Hank looked up, irritated. It was a courtier, with a message. 

Enough things had ruffled his feathers that morning, and Hank was getting very annoyed. "Whatever it is, it can wait," he said. 

"Lord Quinn Aurelius requests your audience, sir."

"Well, I'm sure what he wants isn't as important as this sword fight—"

"It is urgent, sir. He wishes to see you."

Hank swore beneath his breath. "I'll be back," he said to the crowd before following the courtier into the Manor. 

The courtier led him past a number intricate tapestries and steered him around a few bronze statues, but otherwise the stone-walled Manor was dark and sparsely furnished. Even the hallway of Lord Aurelius' study was hardly much. Hank decided that he liked it that way. 

When Hank came inside, Quinn Aurelius was sitting at his desk and tracing lines on his map with his finger. He looked satisfied. 

"I can see that look in your eyes, lord," Hank said. "You've been planning, haven't you?"

Lord Aurelius smirked triumphantly. 
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

212 Reviews

Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:06 am
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Rhiannon Asterion | Her Lair

She paced back and forth, glaring at everything that managed to make eye contact with her. The tower room was huge, but tiny compared to the rooms below. Still, Rhea liked it. She fancied she could see all the way to the Northern Marshes and the Angardian mountains from her tower.

Her mind twirled with power, with the power that she could have- that she had. "Simon!" Her voice was a bark, teetering on the edge of insanity. Rhiannon smiled to herself. She knew she wasn't wholly sane, of course. But she liked that tiny piece of festering madness, and knew how to use it to her advantage.

Simon scurried in, not meeting her eyes, and bowing. "My lady?"

She studied him, annoyed with his fear. Her voice cold, she said, "Assign one soldier to be with my brother at all times. Inform him that he now has a guard."

Simon looked up at her like a lost puppy when she spoke to him so coldly, and Rhia smiled grimly back. This was why so many people followed her. They hated her, but they loved her. If she showed disapproval, they would do anything to get back in her good graces- and not from fear.

As Simon bowed, and walked out the door, Rhia yelled after him, "And send me Wren!" Wren was a man who had come to her soon after she and Darius had taken power, offering to help her navigate the political waters. She'd accepted, of course, especially since it seemed that he'd been in politics before the world had fallen apart.

Wren entered a few minutes later, his face impassive, no fear visible. "You wanted me?"

Her eyes flicked over his face for a second before she nodded. "Come. And sit down, don't loom over me."

Wren obliged, and helped himself to a glass of wine. He didn't say anything, just waited for her to speak.

Rhiannon blurted out, "Wren, I want to be queen." Clenching her fists, she looked pointedly out the window, not wanting to see his reaction.

Wren, of course, didn't do as she hoped, but instead padded up beside her at the open window. "I know you do."

Rhia looked at him. "What do you mean, you know? I haven't told anyone, not even Darius."

Wren shrugged. "It's not so hard to figure out. I see it in you, the need to have people follow. I assumed you'd come up with this idea sooner or later." He paused. "You could do it. But you have to make the city want you to be queen." Gesturing to the chaos beneath them, he said, "Help them. You can rule through fear, but if you want to make yourself queen, you need to be loved by the people."

Rhia smiled, picturing herself as queen. "Go on, I know you have more to say."

He turned to another window. "Set up a regime within your ranks for now. They already refer to you reverently. Use that. Announce that you are declaring yourself queen. Your followers will accept it as fact. Give people titles." He turned around, meeting her eyes. "You know how to do this, Rhiannon. You don't need me to tell you."

She smiled at him, at the rush of giddiness that had gone through her at his final announcement. "Thank you, Wren." She nodded to him, dismissing him, her mind already whirling with plans.

The tolling of the city clocktower brought her out of her thoughts. Leaving her tower room, she set out to find her brother, knowing he would be free.

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:51 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Darius Asterion

"I must say, I'm quite happy to do this." I admired my black armour and robes as the Exemplar quartermaster handed me a small pile of black chain mail. He smirked." Well Lord Darius, The Black Brethren are the elite of the Exemplars. While the order has several different factions, the Black Brethren is known as the Orders Combat Magicians." I held up a gloved hand and he paused." Here Sir Loras, we are witches. Embrace it. It inspires fear in our enemies. This is a different world from yours. Witches are feared and hated. At least by those who don't understand us." My Raven, a trained bird I had been gifted with from my sister, flew by. Sir Loras looked at it with awe as it settled on my horses saddle." A good omen."

I laughed out loud. Curious Brethren watched me, both Remnant and new arrivals, nearly 40 in number." No Sir Loras, that is Talroth, my Raven." I turned to the gathered Brethren." My good sirs, welcome to my homeland. Some of you were once Remnant, some of you have just arrived. But know this. We are the conquerers. We are death itself. With magic and the sword, we will gain revenge for all the magic users who were killed by the Everglynns and the Inquisition. We will be feared. It seems we are to be called the Black Brethren. Let us help people fear that name." The soldiers all grinned, and whistled and cheered. I turned to my tent and walked in. It had been furnished with all my things from the castle.

"Quite the speech brother." I glanced up as my sister rose from my bed." Well I had a great teacher." She blushed than glared at me as I continued." The warlock of the North was a smart man. His guards lived in awe of him at all times. Such was his power." She smiled and tapped my chest." And it shall be your power. Already the odds are moving in our favor. Daily, new recruits join our army, new witches arrive to join us on our quest against to crush the Everglynn era. The Inquisition is history. Which brings me to my point. I'm going to be queen." I nodded. Makes sense. A witch as a ruler? That will really light the fire under our enemies bellies. They'll act hastily. It'll also bring in more witches probably. It's a smart idea." She nodded slowly. I grinned at her." I bet you've thought about this a lot haven't you?" She nodded thoughtfully than went and sat in a chair as I began rummage through my trunk.

"Brother, with the Exemplar Knights sending us trained soldiers, we must soon prepare for war. However... If you're fully a Knight-" I interrupted her." A black brother. The Black Brethren are supposed to be the most feared of the Exemplars. I fully intend to give that name some weight." She sighed." I care not for the names of your Knights brother. I need you to leave. Go hunting or something. If I'm going to claim myself as queen, than I can't have your supporters stand behind you physically. They'll demand you make yourself Lord. Or King. And I won't allow that." I shrugged." Root them out, send them my way." Ignoring the look on my sisters face I sighed.

"Sister, I'm not going to gather an army to claim myself King. I personally don't have it in me. It's enough to lead a new sect of an international knighthood. I don't need to deal with that. But if I can have all the people who would give you trouble directly under my command, I can personally start hunting down the Everglynn girl, and also start trouble between the warring lords and ladies. Already our spies are within their ranks, and I doubt they even know how deep they are. The inquisition is finished sister. But is it not our duty to avenge all the fallen witches? Well than, I'll see to it with the Brethren. For now, I'll see to it that no one causes trouble for you. You'll make a grand queen." She hugged me quickly." I knew I could count on you brother! Move your command post to the Delforth manor. It's quite large, and you can have a nice place to move everything of yours. But you'll always have a wing of the castle ready for you. Lord Darius Asterion. I'll make the announcement tonight at the victory feast."

I bowed to my sister." They shall always remember us sister. Born under the Witches moon, trained by the warlocks of the North and south. One to become a witch warlord. The other to be a queen. We shall make sure that Tempalis becomes the glorious seat of your new kingdom." She smirked." Maybe I should make you marry the Everglynn heir." I shrugged. "Doubtful anyone would approve. But don't you want her head?" She smirked gleefully." Oh, but it would give me joy to watch her suffer. Make her watch me be queen." She giggled." Make her be my lady in waiting." Her eyes burned wildly." I have much to do brother. I'll see you tonight. Bring a couple of your Black brethren, enough for people to see what your next move is. Remember my brother, Fire and blood." I touched my forehead, saying the time honored witches war cry."Fire and blood."
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

279 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:51 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Lord Aurelius

Skies above the manor were dark and cold, thunder boomed and lightning crashed. Later in the day, sheets of rain fell. Lord Aurelius sat in his room, mountains of paper surrounded that hid the monotonous ticking of the grandfather clock in the hallway. He wrote his name on paper, ink staining his skin and the smell was soon being the only thing he breathed. The grandfather clock chimed for noon, as Lord Aurelius signed his last letter, shoving it into his deep oak desk. There was a knock on the door that echoed into the room and caused the young man to sigh deeply.

"Come in," grumbled he. The door opened and shut quickly, as his assistant walked in holding a deed. The smell of sadness was soaked up by the papers that lay on the floor, along with the mannerisms of a lone wolf.

"Good evening, sir. How has your day faired?"

Lord Aurelius groaned, spinning in his big chair to face his assistant. "Quite fine, thanks." His assistant frowned, moving the deed under his arm. He walked over to curtains, pushing back and staring outside at the storm.

"You mustn't be coped up in here forever, sir. Makes your skin look gray." His assistant walked over to a oil lamp, lighting it and then walked around to the front of the desk. Lord Aurelius had his face down on the desk, twirling a calligraphy pen on some tea stained paper. His assistant sighed, quietly laying down the deed.

"The deed for ownership of the Everglynn's resident, sir. Quite a place for witches," he mused, picking up a decoration on the desk. It was a wood carving of a bear, the fur etched with a worker's knife and looked realistic enough to make the common fool believe. His assistant could almost feel the hard work that went into making the wood bear, but before he gotten carry away, placed it back onto the desk.

Lord Aurelius now sat with his chin in his hands, looked at the deed. "I didn't want to buy, James. My daughter begged me and with enough annoyance that could make anyone go crazy, I went forth. I don't know what she is going to do with the house or if I should be apart of it."

"You never should listen to younger folks, sir, they just putter out ideas." His assistant picked up a piece of paper, shoving a hand into his small pants pocket.

"I just wanted to make her happy. Her mother died a few months ago since many of townspeople thought she was a witch. Horrible sight. Made her cry upon weeks and weeks. Only wanted the nurse to make her the soup her mother made, hazelnut soup with mint. Then some weeks later, she was better and wanted to take charge for what's right.
"I bought the house, I guess, out of the matter of making her happy. As long she is happy, I'm happy," Lord Aurelius explained, sitting up. "Thank you for the deed, James. You may leave."

His assistant bowed his head and headed towards the door.

"Oh and James?"

"Yes, sir?" he asked, turning back.

"Don't tell anyone I told you about my daughter. Very personal."

His assistant nodded, closing the door quietly. Lord Aurlius sighed. Outside the rain ceased as well as the lord's mood and actions. Throughout that day, he would have breakfast in the main hall with his daughter, who seemed to notice the man's sudden mood change. Then finished the last of the deeds, pardons, and lists for the day and tomorrow. He laid down on his bed, twiddling his thumbs when he heard a loud crash coming downstairs. It seemed to have came from the kitchen, but it wasn't his problem. The kitchen maids and butlers must deal with it unless necessary for the lord to step in.
Lord Aurlius closed his eyes fro a brief second when screams and hollering followed by more crashing and the sound of gunshots. Before long, Lord Aurlius hurried downstairs to see the matter, when he heard two voices arguing.

"Listen here bud. Your master killed my wife, 'cause he be thinking she was a witch. Brunt her to crispt' on the ol' wood stick. I want him dead, ya here!"

"Sir, sir I am sure he did-"

"Shut up, you little rascal," the voice yelled. Lord Aurlius came down the steps to see the intruder.

"What in Heaven's name is going on?" he ordered. A man with an brown scruffy beard, looked towards the the lord and chuckled.

"Well, well, well. Look who came out of his shell?"

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" Lord Aurlius asked, anger was boiling in his stomach. The man chuckled and walked towards the lord with a knife.

"I'm the man whose wife died weeks ago. I wanted to know the man who ruled the country, striking witches left and right. Marching down here was simple, as ye didn't have the proper security. My wife is dead, 'cause of you." He said, his voice quivering with anger. Lord Aurlius looked apologetic at the man.

"I was in no part of killing your wife. The attack force I have acquired were looking for people who have seen or were related to the missing witch."

"My wife had nothin' to do with that hideous witch. She was innocent, and you killed her." The man's face was red, clenching the knife in his left hand. "You killed my only friend."

"Now, now sir. I didn't do it on purpo-"

"Yes, you did! You rat-nose oxygen thief!" The man charged towards the man, holding the knife over his head, ready to strike the lord but was held back by the head butler. He was squirming like a rabid dog cutting the butler's sleeves.

Lord Aurlius furrowed his brows. "Get out of my house." Soon the man was thrown out the house, screaming cuss words while the lord groaned. His assistant hurried downstairs, unsure what had happened.

"Sir, what happened?"

"Another fan, James." The lord walked past his assistant, upstairs to his bedroom, and slept. His assistant grumbled, poking a finger at the head butler.

"I want my brother back into this house, ye hear? Don't tell the lord. Don't tell anyone," he warned, walking back to his bedroom.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:49 am
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

~Satinka~

Wiping the sweat from my brow with an exhausted sigh, I lifted the hammer over head and brought it down once more. The sun was at full bloom in the sky, not a cloud in sight. With the sun still rising, it wasn't even at it's peak. The unblemished air above us seemed to span for miles, like an unending sea in the sky. People below were going about their daily lives, growing crops and selling them in the market. Forging and repairing weapons. Helping repair and build homes as well as other businesses, like I was currently doing. A black smith in town, Lucius's ceiling was damaged during the last storm we had, and although he was still able to make weapons, but with his son gone most of the time, he's often left by himself since his wife died a few years ago.

He and my father knew each other growing up, and were best friends. Lucius wasn't a witch or a fighter like my father though. He was born of a family who was famous for the craftsman ship of their weapons. Both of his parents were very well known black smiths throughout the lands for their forging skills. They were children when they met, and thick as thieves from the way dad tells it.

When Dad worries about him, he'll send me over to help cheer him up or keep me company because he knows Lucius adores me. Lucius said I was like the daughter he never had. He wasn't the type of person who liked to be worried about, which is another reason why he sent me. I was good at getting things out of people without seeming nosy.

"Come down from there and take a break!" called Lucius from down below, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I stood, covering my eyes from the potent rays of the sun to look down at him. I'd nearly finished the roof. All I had left was a small section.

"Are you sure? I've only got a small section left." I called down. "All I need is about another half hour."

"You've done enough." he called back up. "Come on inside for a break. When we're done, you can watch the shop for me while I finish up."

He would get no arguments from me. Heading towards the side oft the house, I took the built in side ladder down to the ground where Lucius was waiting for me. Craning my head as I look up at him he blocked the sun from my sight with his large stature. Unlike dad's Midnight colored hair, Lucius had fiery red hair and emerald green eyes with a light beard. One of my favorite things about him was his infectious laugh and the way his eyes crinkled when he smiled. If dad couldn't cheer me up, then it was usually Lucius.

"Ready to eat?" He headed for the door into the shop.

"Absolutely," I nodded. "You better feed me after working me like a slave. You're lucky I don't tell father on you."

He shook his head as he headed towards the shop around front with me right behind him. Just as we stepped inside, some called out from behind.

"Hello there!"

We both turned to see a soldier standing several feet away from us. Lucius stepped in front of me, blocking me from view.

"Something I can help you with?" he called back.

"My men and I have been tasked with finding a black smith to supply us with weapons of the highest caliber." he answered. "We were told to come see you."

"Well," Lucius put his hands on his hips. "you've come to the right place come on in."

He turned back to me just as the soldier stepped through the entrance.

"So I take it no lunch?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Duty calls." he shrugged.

I walked around him. "Guess it's back to slaving away under the hot sun."

As I came into view, the soldier standing near the door surveyed me. I did the same. Wearing a dark leather like vest and boots with matching leather trousers that molded to me perfectly, I knew how I looked to him. It's how I looked to most men who didn't live in the village. Most men here were frightened by my being a witch or by my abilities. Newcomers didn't know anything about me.

I looked the soldier over. Most what I of him was covered by his armor, but was looked like he was more lean than muscled from the looks. He was a few inches taller than me, with strong shoulders. His skin seemed like it had been caressed by the sun, though I could tell his natural skin tone was a tad more on the fair side with no blemishes. High cheek boned with a square jaw and aristocratic nose, his facial features were classically handsome. His hair was the color of dark earth with streaks of gold in it, no doubt from being outside in the sun complimented his eyes, which looked like two pools of liquid amber. A woman could get lost in eyes like those, but not this woman.

He stood with and air of authority to him, his back straight and shoulders squared with his chest puffed out slightly, no doubt due to the present company. The confident quirk of his lips made me take an instant liking to him. No doubt he was one of the higher ups, judging by the shine of his armor and the manor in which he held himself.

"Lieutenant Cadellin Warlow. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." he held his hand out.

"So I've been told," I held my hand out. "Satinka."

"What a unique name." He pulled my hand to his lips. "Beautiful, like yourself. I've never seen an eye color such as yours."

"Guess that makes me unique." I raise an eyebrow. Like my name."

"One of a kind." he winked, and I almost smiled.

Almost. Instead, I settle for a slight smirk.

"Can I have my hand back, Lieutenant Warlow?" I looked pointed down.

He let go slowly. Stepping back outside, I called out to Lucius. "Give me about half an hour, and I'll be finished with the roof."

He nodded with a smirk. "Alright. Hopefully I'll have food ready for you. She turns into a savage when she eats. She turns into a beast when she's not fed regularly."

This time I did smile. "Feed that beast and you won't have to face it's wrath."

I Looked at Lieutenant Warlow. "A pleasure."

He bowed his head slightly, a play smirk at his lips."So I've been told."

With that, I was off to the roof.

A little over half an hour later, I came back into the shop looking for Lucius. What struck me as odd was the fact that he wasn't up front. It's not like him to leave the store unattended. With a frown, I headed for the back of the store.

"Lucius?" I called.

I headed towards the very back, knowing there was a room I would often find him in late at night when the store was closed. I slowed as I came to the enormous arched Oak wood door, hearing voices in the other side. I was too far away to hear what they were saying. Drawing nearer, two distinct voices floated over to me. One was Lucius. I didn't recognize the other.

"Do we have a deal?" the unfamiliar voice asked.

"I think we do." said Lucius.

With the turn of the knob, I pulled the door open to find Lucius a long with several other soldiers, including Lieutenant Warlow, surrounding them. The one that stuck out the most was the man standing across from Lucius. He was the biggest man in the room. Tall. Rippling muscles head to toe. Bald headed. Blunt jaw with eyes as sharp as obsidian. Judging from the way his body and presence dominated the room, he was the one in charge. He didn't need his armor to make that statement, though I doubt he needed it.

"Am I interrupting something?" I looked at Lucius.

"Not at all," he smiled, though his lips were tight. "Did you finish the roof?"

"All done," I nodded slowly, surveying the room as I did.

"Alright then," he turned back to the giant. "If our business is concluded here, I have to get back to work."

I looked at Lucius with a frown. He always got like this when soldiers come into the village. Though there was no likelihood of it ever happening with the seldom frequency of them being here, he was worried about them discovering that witches lived here. Especially My father and I. Most soldiers usually got a somewhat cold reception for that very reason. A part of the people who survived from the last village I lived here as well. They don't want that same kind of destruction happening here. Neither did the other villagers. They're not as bad as they used to be though.

"Why rush them out the door? They've obviously traveled a long ways away to get here." I came to stand where he was, giving his shoulder a light squeeze. "Why not let them look around for a moment and rest their feet?"

"As much as we appreciate your consideration, we best be going." The enormous man said in his deep timbre of his voice. "We have more business to attend to here in town."

"What other business, if you don't mind my asking?" I said. "We might be of some assistance."

He looked at me for a long moment before answering. He might have caught the exchange between Lucius and I. Hm. Guess he wasn't in charge for nothing.

"I'm looking for a man by the name of Malikai Bloodgood." he answered. "Can you help me find him?"

Lucius said, "Depends."

The giant raised an inquiring eyebrow. "On what, exactly?"

Lucius opened his mouth to answer, I beat him to it.

"On why you want him." was my answer.

"With all due respect ma'am," the giant started. "That's on a need to know basis."

"With all due respect..."

"Greyjoy." he filled in the blank.

"Captain Greyjoy," I echoed. "you'll make it need to know, or you won't get to know where he is."

He stared at me with his bright Hazel eyes, and I stared right back, meeting him gaze for gaze. Who knows how long we stood there. The one who broke the silence was Lieutenant Warlow.

"Might as well tell her." he sighed, his eyes meeting mine. "It's not like we have any other choice."

He looked at me for another long moment as I stood there, waiting. He looked at Lucius, who just gave a noncommittal shrug.

Greyjoy started, "We were hoping he would be willing to escort the weapons back as part of the security team we've assembled."

Lucius and I locked eyes for a moment, a slight nod of his head the only indication of our silent conversation. I nodded my head.

"I'll take you to him." I finally said.

Greyjoy and Warlow exchanged looks as he stood. With a squeeze of Lucius's shoulder, I was out of the room and heading for the front where my horse was. She gave a neigh as I approached her, continuing to drink from the water trough under shade. I touched her long face and kissed the spot between her eyes softly.

"How is my beautiful Lalita doing?" I stroked her face and neck lovingly.

"She's beautiful." Lt. Warlow came to stand beside me.

"She's a magnificent beast." I nodded in accordance.

And she was. I was there when she was born. I was the one who delivered her. It was made my responsibility to train her and maintain her care. I'd had her since Malikai took me in. It had been on of the first things he'd given me as a child. I hated people at a young age and preferred pets to the former. He came to that realization soon on and found a way to make a lesson out of it in the way of teaching me responsibility. Besides, I was an angry child back then, and not fully capable of controlling my powers. The beast licked my face and and nudged me, the long mane of hair of her tail swinging from side to side happily.

Pulling my cloak off of her back, I draped it back over my shoulders before swinging myself into her saddle. "Ready?"

Greyjoy trotted up to me with his black horse, coming to a stop as Warlow headed to his horse. As we waited, I could feel Greyjoy's eyes on me.

Without looking at him, I spoke. "If you have something to say, now would be the time, Captain."

Like he'd done before, he gazed at me for a moment, then spoke. "Who is he to you?"

"Sorry Captain," I grabbed the reins as I answered, seeing Warlow trot over with his horse. "but that's need to know."

"Shall we be off then?" he stopped a little too close to me.

"We shall." was my reply. "Just try and keep up boys."

"Shouldn't be a problem." Warlow smirked.

Ok. I almost smiled at his cockiness. Almost. Tightening my hand on the reins, I spoke to Lalita.

"Fly."

She took off so fast i'm surprised she didn't throw me off. I gave shout as I looked behind me to see both soldiers scrambling to catch up. Then I did smile. Quite wide. I gave Lalita a heart pat on her neck as she sped on. Putting two fingers to my mouth, I let out a high pitched whistle. The villagers knew what that meant clearing a path as Lalita and I came thundering through. They were used to me flying through here like a bat out of hell. Whistling was my way of letting them know I was coming. I looked back to see the boys gaining on me. Cutting a corner, I whistled again. Upon seeing my destination, I began to pull back on the reins. Coming to a stop, Lalita reered up before settling down. As I slid off of her, the sound of two more sets of hooves at full gallop told me they were on their way just as Malikai came out.

They stopped in front of the house and dismounted as Malikai stepped off the porch. "I should have figured that ruckus was you."

I shrugged as if saying he should have known better, then smiled as he touched my head and kissed my forehead. Then he turned to look at the two strangers i'd brought with me.

"And these would be...?" he looked to me, but they beat me to it.

"Captain Greyjoy," he held his handout as he came forward.

"Lieutenant Warlow." said the other as he stepped forward.

He shook both of their hands with a nod. "What can I do for you?"

Turning, I went back to where Lita was standing. I kissed her cheek. "Hey girl. How 'bout some water?"

She nodded her head, moving to the water trough in front of the house. Heading over to the other two horses. Both huffed as I drew near, and I came to a stop, putting my hands on my hips.

"Are you two going to be a problem?" I raised an eyebrow.

They neighed, shaking their heads.

"Good," I pointed to Lita. "Help yourselves to the water."

With another huff, they trotted over to where Lita was. As I turned to the others, Malikai motioned with his head that they were going inside. I followed in after them, sitting beside Malikai.

"So you want me to accompany you as part of a security team to escort the weapons back to your base?" Malikai sat back in his seat. "Is that correct?"

"Yes sir it is." Captain Greyjoy nodded. "What do you say?"

Malikai looked at me. "What do you think?"

I shrugged. "It's whatever you wanna do."

Malikai looked back at the captain. "We've got a deal. When do we leave?"

"Hopefully not too long," answered Warlow. "We've contracted a smith here in town to supply us with the weapons. Once the weapons are finished, we'll depart."

"Uncle Lucius." I told him.

I didn't miss the look of shock on both their faces when I said Uncle.

Malikai nodded. "Ah. Good choice. I know he keeps his weapons stocked well. I suppose i'll head over and help him finish the rest of them to speed the process up."

"That would be much appreciated." Greyjoy nodded.

"It looks like you and your men will be here for a day or two." Malikai stood, and we followed suit. "Do you have a place to rest your heads?"

"Thank you, but we've set up camp a few miles out." Warlow replied.

"Very well then," Malikai turned to look at me. "Want to start readying supplies?"

"I'll get on it." I nodded.

We both caught the look on Greyjoy's face.

"Is there a problem?" I turned to face him.

"It's just that," he started. "Where we're going.... It's no place for a woman."

It was quiet in the room you could hear a feather fluttering through the air. No place for a woman? Hm.

"Tell me," I crossed my arms over my chest. "what exactly is a place for a woman?"

Warlow coughed, looking away from the Captain as he took a step back. He looked at Malikai, who just put his hands up with a shrug.

"I wasn't notified there was specific place Women are supposed to be." I cocked my head to the side with thoughtful frown. "Care to enlighten me."

I put my hands on my hips as he coughed into his hand, as if at a loss for what to say.

Warlow decided to step in and save his Captain. "We should be heading back to camp and let the men know what's going on."

"Uh, right." he nodded.

"A pleasure." I told them.

"So we've heard." Warlow (Kian) smirked. "I, along with some of my men will be here at day break to offer assistance in anyway we can."

Malikai nodded as they took their leave, then looked at me. I just shrugged. He shook his head, but said nothing.

"I'm gonna head over to Lucius." he told me. "Mind if I take Lita?"

"Go ahead." I nodded. "She's at the water trough right now."

"Alright," he kissed me on the forehead. "I'll be back later. Begin packing the supplies we'll need for the trip."

"Alright." I kissed him on the cheek.

With that, he was out the door. I began gathering everything we would need for the trip.

Several days later

The next few days came and went. I was busy gathering everything needed for both Malikai and I on for our mission while he was helping Lucius forge all of the weapons for transport. Even with a supply Lucius keeps on hand, many more would need to be made. Lieutenant Warlow, along with several other men rode into town every morning to help as well. While they were working on the weapons, I was watching the shop and helping customer if I wasn't doing supplies. When we got home, we would eat dinner and then head straight to bed. The next morning, it was the same thing. The cycle continued for another two days before the weapons were completed. Lucius he needed one more day to put the finishing touches on the weapons, and then they would be ready. The next day, was a day of rest. Or it should have been. Malikai and I had been checking everything for the trip and gathering any last minute supplies needed for our journey. I made my knives were sharpened and that I had plenty of arrows for my bow. Malikai double checked the supplies to make sure everything was ready for the next day.

After we were sure everything was ready for tomorrow, we went out for a bite to eat, and then headed back home to sleep. We would have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. Not like that mattered, since I didn't sleep. When the next morning came, I was up before Malikai. When the soldiers arrived, I was with Lucius helping prepare the weapons. Once hat was done, I headed home. Lt. Warlow was there waiting for me.

"Your father is inside getting everything together." he informed me. "We were told to wait out here."

I nodded as I made my way inside to find him. "I'm back!"

He was towards the back of the house. "Almost done here."

"The weapons are loaded up and ready to go." I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Alright." he said. "Let's head out then."

We headed out of the house, closing the door behind us as we went. And then we were off.

The ride over wasn't very overtly long seeing as how they were only camped a few miles out. As we pulled up, the men out and about stopped, watching as we passed. There were more men than I was expecting, but I shouldn't have been surprised, given the what we were transporting and the fact that my father was recruited to help escort them back. As we dismounted our horses, Captain Greyjoy greeted us.

"Glad you could join us." he came to a stop in front of us.

"Glad to be here." Malikai replied with a nod.

All eyes were on us it seemed. Or more accurately, on me. Or maybe I was just being paranoid.

"If you'll come with me, i'll introduce you to the others you'll be working with." without waiting for a reply, he turned and walked off.

Walking into the center of the camp where is seemed like the large majority of them men were at, Greyjoy called on everyone's attention.

"Listen up!" his voice boomed. "This will be the last edition to the team. Meet Malikai. He'll be part of the team specifically tasked with guarding the weapons. Next meet his daughter Satinka. She'll also be part of the team guarding the weapons. Make 'em feel welcome, soldiers."

And that was that. The Captain took his leave. Everyone went about their business. For the most part. Some of the men were still staring at me. I sighed, shaking my head. This was going to be a long Journey. I just hoped that not every man here was an idiot.

"Having fun yet?" Warlow Sadled up beside me.

"Loads." I replied sweetly.

"I'll be back." Malikai said.

Then he walked off without waiting for a reply. Ok then.

"So where are we going to be setting up?" I looked back at Lt. Warlow.

"Follow me and i'll show you." was his answer as he began walking.

I fell in step with him. "So how long is the journey there going to take?"

"It'll take about four day for us to reach our destination," said Warlow. "and I honestly, don't think we'll meet any trouble along the way."

"That's what my father and I are here to assure." I said.

"That you are." he nodded.

He came to a stop, as did I. He motioned to the empty space a before us and said,"Here you are."

I set everything down. "Thanks."

With a nod, he headed back in the opposite direction he'd just come from with me. Pulling out the proper supplies, I began setting up just as several men approached me. Hair at the back of my neck stood stiff. I sighed. Great. Just what I needed after a night of no sleep. I went about my business like I hadn't noticed them, until they came to a stop directly in front of me.

I sighed again. "Can I help you with something?"

"Yea," one soldier said with sneer. "I have an itch that needs scratching. Think you can help?"

That brought about a couple laughs from a few who were watching. I still hadn't looked at any of them, but now I do, turning to look at the one that had spoken. He had to have been at least my height or an inch taller than me. Muscled, but not impressively so like some of the other men i'd seen here. Short dark hair matched his flat black eyes and ugly sneer on his face, which seemed oily and dirty from whatever work he had been doing. Or maybe he just hadn't been bathing properly. More likely the latter than the former in my opinion. Nothing about the man seemed likable, given the looks of some of the other onlookers. Seems that he was likely an instigator. Even better.

Standing to my full height, which seemed to have surprised him given the look on his face before he schooled his features, I cocked my head to one side. "How about I cut off whatever's itching? Then you won't have to worry, and I won't have to bother. A lot of thankful women won't have to either."

That did merit many more laughs than expected, and I almost joined in. Almost. I guess he didn't appreciate everyone else laughing. He cursed under his breath, and then took a swing at me. I just stuck my foot and moved. He fell flat on his face. The got a riotous laugh out of everyone. What I didn't find funny was when one of the other soldiers tried to grab me from behind. I flipped him on his butt. The next guy came at me with another punch, and I deflected it, grasping his arm and kicking him in the face. Twice. After that, I kicked his feet under him and slamming him into the ground. As the first guy got up off the floor, I spun with deadly speed accuracy, landing a blow to the head. He went down. When the second guy came at me, I did a reverse, kicking him in the head with my other foot just as swift and exact as the first time. He went down. The third guy was smart enough not to get back up. Or maybe he was unconscious.

"What in the world is going on here?" someone called.

I turned to see another soldier coming this way. He was easily the tallest soldier among the many here. Muscular with a dark tan. Somewhat hairy face with what looks like a permanent scowl or frown. He had what looked like grime or dirt on his face as did the first idiot that tried to throw a punch at me.

"A few of your men tried to pick a fight with me." I nudged one with my foot and he groaned. "I solved the problem myself."

"Why would they pick a fight with you?" the soldier said, his skeptical attitude not being missed.

"Because i'm a woman?" I shrugged. "Because they're stupid? I don't know and I don't care. They came at me first and I dealt with it accordingly."

"You could take no other course of action?" he questioned.

"If I may," another soldier stepped forward.

He was somewhat short and bulky man that was beginning to bald, though his hair was the color of night. Eyes the color of fresh green grass and dark skin that was courtesy of the sun, though seeming oily. Not at all grimy or dirty like the others.

"The young woman tells the truth." he says. "They did confront her. She was well within her rights to do so."

The man turns back to me with a nod. "Very well then."

I cock my head to side thoughtfully as I look him over. "And who are you, exactly?"

Spoiler! :
@TheSilverFox I hope you enjoyed the post! C'mon you guys!!Let's get it up and running again! I do apologize for the length of the post. Seems I got a bit carried away xD
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

279 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:13 pm
Steggy says...

Lord Aurelius

The morning after the incident with the trespasser, Lord Aurelius found it comforting about mourning over the piles of papers he had yet to sign and approve. It seemed as if bad luck was winning something against him. People often whispered that the lord was 'cursed' with bad luck. It was true though, but nobody dared spoke their opinion. The morning was chaos as everyone was frantic and questioning what had happened. All they got were swallowed answers and a hand. The lord didn't want of the servants to worry as it would cost him more work and less production with cleaning the manor. The evening sky was thick with clouds, as the lord's mood was too. He had grown weaker over the course of two months, which was good in his opinion. His mind was no less clearer and reports of the witches were growing heavier by the weeks. The lord would only put it off, only to have a pile of work awaiting him the next day. The process he loved and loathed.
His daughter didn't show up anymore; perhaps going to a nearby school or something. Lord Aurelius lost all contact his family and offspring. He only spent most of the times in his lone office, ink staining his wrinkled skin. His hair, that was once a sunlight blonde, was now fading to a murky white. His eyes were dimmer and almost sank into his skull. It was the only contrast on his lifeless face.
One evening, while he was bending his neck to examine a piece of paper, there was a knock on his door. He groaned as an answer for the person to enter. His daughter entered, wearing a pearl white dress. Her flowing brown hair hung over her left shoulder in a braid. A placid smile was on her face, showing the same emotion her father felt for the past month and half.

"Good afternoon, father," his daughter stated while closing the door. Her father looked up weakly, before narrowing his eyes. He didn't enjoy his daughter, despite her helpful contribution for the army against witches. She had her mother's charm, deadly and poisonous but overlapped with kindness and forgiveness. It made her the perfect weapon. The only thing his daughter had from him was his temper, which was short and snappy.

"What do you want?" Lord Aurelius asked coldly. His daughter tilted her head while putting a finger to her lips.

"Is that a way to welcome your daughter, father?" She smirked, moving her arms behind her back. Her father groaned, gazing down at the paper work. Pink scribbles were fading. Worthless artwork, the lord thought. He sighed, dipping his quill into the nearby ink carrier. His daughter moved away from the doorway, walking towards a nearby hickory chifforobe. There was a dusty mirror with cracks on the lower part with a few torn pieces of papers, a jar of perfume, and a greasy hairbrush. She frowned when picking up the greasy hair brush, the wood sliding in her hands.

"When was the last time you washed your hair?" She asked, turning around to face her weak father. He said a reply, but it was muffled because he was laying his head down. "No wonder mom left you. You're a slob." His daughter then threw the brush onto the chifforobe and put her hands on her hips. Her eyes, that were once blue like a spring sky, now darken to a cloudy blue. "All you ever do around here is mope about. Why don't you order some guards to take down the local witches? To reduce the population by the thousand? All you ever do around here, father, is sign paper after paper, ink staining your once perfect skin. Your health is getting worst. When will you realize this?"

The lord sighed heavily, moving his head to look up at his daughter. Obviously, I'm getting older. Young people like yourself might not understand this, he wanted to say. Instead, the lord shrugged resuming his gloomy. The daughter gawked at her depressed father.

"I am not going to look after you, father," she stated coldly. Her father mumbled a reply, hushed by the oak desk. His daughter groaned, walking towards the door. "I'm done trying to get you to do stuff. If you need me, try being a better father and get better." She slammed the door for good effort, a wave of anger slowly turning to saddening silence.
It was true. The lord wasn't the greatest father anyone could ask for, but he was trying. He moved his head, chin resting on his wrinkled hand. Behind him, the clouds moved away letting the light escape and dance around the lord's gloomy office. A small idea waddled into his head, luckily this time it was a better thought than the last time his daughter came (his daughter had 'cursed' him with good luck. By that meaning, the lord would 'hopefully' get better but in the times of depression and gloominess, the good luck was pushed off until further notice, thus why the daughter is mad at the lord. At one point, the lord thought of killing himself with a pillow).

Lord Aurelius stood up and walked towards the mirror. He did notice his hair was a bit greasy than usual, his skin showing signs of age, and the once soft lips were now prune skin. He sighed, his eyes catching onto something shiny. It was something his mother had gave him before she disappeared. Recalling the memory, the lord picked it up. It was a 'good luck' charm. The lord didn't believe in good or bad luck, in fact, he believe that luck was a fundamental key on making people believe in the goods and bads. He turned the 'good luck' charm in his hand, his mother's name engraved in the bad. He smiled to himself, snapping out the charm to show a faded picture of his mother and a boy.
Within a few minutes, he pocketed the 'good luck' charm and walked towards the showers. Was it the perhaps the sun or the firm talking his daughter gave him, that changed his mood? The lord wasn't sure. All he knew, something was bound to be done.

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare