54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:20 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Nick

"Ey ya brat! Ya want some? C'mere!"

Another shot, another kill.

The wolves circled around him, wary of the gun in his hands.

"Yeah! Ya want some a this?!"

Nick fired the sniper into the air, causing the predators to scatter back into the forest. He slung the weapon back over his shoulder, muttering

"That's what's up you sum bitches."

With that, he trudged onwards into the woods.

The brilliant orange sunset found Nick on lying on the top of a large foothill. The mountains loomed above him, their snow-white peaks casting a shadow over him.

A perfect location to snipe some filth.

Through the scope of his USR, he tracked a small caravan of survivors, filthy looking and barely worthy of their names at that. But they had supplies, boxes upon boxes of it piled onto the back of two sad looking donkeys.

He needed it. As of the wolf attack he'd had no food or water. His throat was dry and his stomach was a knot of cramps.

Who cared about these guys, half of 'em were probably aliens or some scummy thing like that.

He set up the tripod, watched as the sun set, then switched to thermal, still on target. He judged the wind, about thirty five to the west, then adjusted accordingly.

The first shot took the middle kid right in the head. Instantly, the boys ducked behind their caravan, weapons drawn.

Nick cursed to himself, then fired again.

He hit dirt.

Bullets smacked the grass right in front of him. Nick rolled to the left then slid down the hill. Gunfire still echoed from the survivalists, but Nick was out of sight.

Grabbing a rock, he stopped himself then scrambled around the side of the hill. Positioning himself again, he fired, hitting an outstretched arm from his new vantage point.

A scream echoed across the valley. Nick quickly pumped the shell out and fired as a kid tried to run across to nearby cover. The shot hit him square in he chest and he fell with out a sound. More bullets buried themselves near his head. He held position and fired once more, his shot ramming into the supply boxes and sending shrapnel everywhere. The survivalists ducked as wood shards exploded outwards. Nick took the chance to slide down the hill, towards the caravan.

The kids peeked out again, guns held low, not expecting a charge.

The first bullet took one of them right between the eyes. The other survivalist turned, lifting his weapon. Quick as a whip, Nick stuck his leg out, stopping his slide and launching him into the air. He twisted, crosshairs aligning with the kid's head.

The shot sent the survivalist careening backwards.

Nick landed in the dirt.

"Suck it you f***'n wankers!"

He strode up to the caravan, half dancing in glee.

Today was a success.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:39 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Liam Finch

"You're not ready to be discharged," Maggie insisted as Finch swung his legs over the bed and eased his weight onto them. Or onto the good leg at least.

"I can manage some light duty."

"That's not the point. If I discharge you, Gareth will have you patching the wall or hauling stone for that new watch tower or-"

"I'll be fine." Finch tried not to wince as he held the cabinet to steady himself and forced a smile onto his face. "Please, Maggie. I'm going crazy in here."

"It's only been two days. And it's late. What are you going to do at this time?"

Finch continued to stare at her until the hazel eyes softened and Maggie held up her hands in defeat.

"Alright then, I suppose I could use an extra pair of hands. Tonight you're helping me with the herbs and then we'll see about your discharge tomorrow."

"Well I guess that will have to do."

Finch was surprised to discover that helping with the herbs meant going outside of the settlement grounds. He wasn't sure the founder would be too pleased about that but Tyler waved them through the gates with barely a murmur of complaint.

"I didn't realise you ever came out here," Finch admitted as he hobbled along with a basket on one arm and his gun once more resting in the holster at his hip.

"At least once a week. There's never any guarantee I'll find the herbs I want and with so many of you going out every day..." Maggie sighed and Finch nodded awkwardly. People came back injured all the time and some didn't come back at all. Like Jones.

"He was a good man," Finch said to fill the silence.

"He was an oaf," Maggie snorted. "But he wasn't all bad. You know Liam, what we're building here, it isn't all bad either."

"I know."

"Then why do you want to leave so much?"

Finch hoped he didn't look as surprised as he felt but Maggie's inquisitive gaze was too knowledgeable for his liking. "I don't. I'm not leaving. I- you don't normally come out here at night, do you?"

Maggie looked like she was going to say something when there was the sound of gunshots in the distance. Finch pulled her back behind a tree and quietly they made their way back to the settlement.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:48 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Maggie Johnson

I fell asleep in the auditorium around three in the morning, and when I woke, I stumbled to the school office, where I promptly crashed on the couch.

It's now six in the morning. I sit on the edge of the couch, still groggy from sleep, the patterns on the couch etched on my cheek. I get up, sling my gun over my shoulder and head out of the office and down towards the foyer.

The school is still quiet, but I can already hear kids stirring upstairs. The breakfast duty kids should be up any minute now.

Suddenly, I hear feet pounding down the hall. Casper. He nearly smacks into me. "Maggie! We need you on the roof."

"What the hell is it this time?!"

Casper pants as we run for the access stairway.

"Another camp attack. 'Bout twenty miles or so. Disciples."

My blood runs cold and my stomach clenches at the name. "You sure?"

"Absolutely."

He swings the door onto the roof and Ethan is already there, stoically staring down a plume of smoke that's rising in the woods beyond us.

"They set off several flares, in their usual pattern. Red, green, green, red, red. Not sure how many people were there." Ethan says.

"Crap."

We all stare down the plume, filled with dread. The Disciples were getting closer. And closer. In days they could be upon us.
hello there

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:32 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Nick

Nick sat holding the reins of two tired out donkeys.

"C'mon ya f***kin asses. Get movin!"

The donkeys did no such thing. Nick sighed in disgust, it'd taken three tries to get the animals to move at all and now they were going so slowly he could get out and crawl faster.

"I said c'mon! I wanna make it to that hill by sunset!" Nick shouted to no one in particular.

The donkeys didn't so much as flick an ear at him. They continued loping along, half walking half dragging their hooves along the dirt road.

Nick, seeing there was nothing he could do, stood and shakily made his way to the top of the supply heap. He grabbed his sniper from it's resting place and looked through the scope, scouting out the area. Here and there a clump of trees stood, swaying in the lonely breeze but otherwise there was nothing to be found. Nick cussed softly to himself and pointed his scope towards the hill that was his destination. It was a large-ish hill, green with grass but otherwise unadorned. Not the best hill but Nick wasn't picky. All it had to be was empty.

That's when he spotted the man running across it's side, what looked to be an ARX bumping along on his shoulder.

"Well look at you." Nick whispered to himself, adjusting the zoom on his scope.

Suddenly the wind picked up and the donkey's stopped, braying in protest.

"Ay ya f***kin beasts!" Nick cried, lowering his weapon. He jumped down from his tower of crates and went over to give the donkey's a drink.

"It was to far a shot anyway ya brayin bastard." He said, lifting the water bucket up to the animals snout.

Nick watched the hill as the animal drank, thinking to himself. That guy with the gun was running towards something wasn't he? That meant Nick was near it to, a base maybe, or better yet, another caravan! He checked the sun and did some quick calculations. The man was heading west. What was west of here worth running towards? Nick climbed back up onto his box tower and lifted his scope, looking west now. There on the plains was a circle of tents, smoke rising from the middle of them.

"So you're taking my spot ain't ya?" Nick muttered, giving an angry glare at the hill where the man had been. Then he turned to the donkeys and gave them a lash with the reins.

"Lets go! Enough drinkin for you!"

The animals brayed at him then began trotting forwards. Nick growled angrily at them.

He never liked being late to a party.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:06 pm
Rydia says...

Liam Finch

It had been a rough night and the bed sheets were covered in his sweat as Liam pulled the t-shirt over his unwashed body and thought about asking Maggie for a sponge bath. His lips twitched in amusement and his thoughts wandered lazily in a direction he couldn't afford to let them go. Maggie was here and she was staying. He was here but he was going and his two beautiful children with him, whatever he had to do.

With his back to the door, Liam slipped into his trousers and fastened his belt. Fortunately (or unfortunately in the right scenario), he was pulling his boots on when the door opened.

"Ready and reporting for duty Ma'am!" Liam declared as he tied the first shoelace.

"That was almost the correct way to address me," the smooth tone of the founder carried with it an ounce of amusement but something darker too. Finch stiffened but finished trying his other shoelace before turning around.

"And what brings you here, Ma'am?"

It was insolent but Finch was in that kind of a mood today and the series of sharp twinges in his leg weren't doing anything to help. He resisted taking a seat on the bed and waited to be told that there was no way in hell he was being discharged today.

"I need you on patrol."

"Wait, what?"

The founder ground his teeth slightly and opened and closed the fingers of one hand. He looked agitated; that was new. "Someone or some group is active out there. Darren and Martin's groups didn't come back last night and at least two more camps we were preparing to approach have been taken out."

"Disciples?" Finch asked.

"Don't know yet but I need you out there. I'm sorry. I know I said you'd be staying in for a bit but-"

Finch held his hand up. This was his chance. "I'll go but first I've got to see my kids."

"Dad, are you sure about this?" Tatan hissed. Liam looked over at his daughter but she wasn't listening; she was too busy packing her bag.

"It could be our only chance. Everyone's either out there on on the wall - whatever happened last night has everyone on edge."

"And you want to go out there?" Tat asked. Liam put a hand on his son's shoulder and looked him carefully in the eye.

"I'm going to keep you safe. You know that, don't you?"

Tat nodded and lifted his rucksack onto his back.

"Stay right behind me. There's a place we might be able to lay low for a while. That school I was telling you about, it's not far from here."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell