z

Young Writers Society

Fandom School

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:29 am
View Likes
CookieNinjaBread says...

Plot/Story Idea
What if there was a school for fandoms? Internet people could walk around campus, go to the library, reading garden or computer lab and do what ever they need to do. Talk to people about fandom news. Be surrounded by people who have the same interests as you.

Well, now there is! Well.. Not Physically, but here!

Setting

Your characters will be given assignments and work weekly, as if actually attending the school. More information will be given out in the task. At times there may also be scenarios and how your character reacts to them, or other group activities to do with teamwork, communication or leadership etc. to help with character development.

Characters

As this is a very widespread idea, different races and species will pop up. Characters have to be as human as possible. If your character has any non human abilities they have will be forfeit and be removed. You may have more than one single character, ask first if you already have one and would like another. Characters may be based off your own character, an existing character or person, or even yourself. Remember to add which in your description. If we do spot anything out of line a warning will be given.

Character Profile Template
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
Name:
Appearance:
Personality: (Please keep it basic)
History: (Also basic)
Sexuality:
Up for romance?:
Any other important information:
Rules

No fandoms or ships are to be frowned upon.

Be kind to others.

No bullying or abuse of any kind.

No racism or discrimination.

No killing characters without permission.

You can't post again until at least one person has posted after you. (Unless you have two characters then there may be an exception).

No Mary Sues. Try to make your character as realistic as possible and not invincible or the greatest person in the world. Characters like that are boring and can be a little annoying. However, that doesn't mean you can't have a super arrogant character that thinks they're top stuff.

Gods and Goddesses are allowed if it's part of a fandom, but their magical properties aren't allowed.

If your character has physical traits that aren't human, say they can change their shape into an animal or their bones can bend or whatever, that is allowed. Just no magic.

Please don't join if you won't be able to actually participate in the SB.

No Sex scenes or obscene nudity, but references and innuendos are allowed. As well as homosexual references/innuendos.

Swearing is allowed but please keep it to a minimum.

Other points of interest

Basil says: This SB has been created for a group of young writers from an art program. We are using YWS because it is the best way for us to collaborate online with our stories, plus YWS is cool, and everyone on here would agree. However, this doesn't mean the SB is closed to everyone else on YWS. Anyone can join, although you will have to PM either CookieNinjaBread or myself about joining. We're most likely going to say yes, but we would prefer non-OA group members to ask for permission. (OA stands for Open Access which is our art program ... thingy.) Another thing, this SB may not operate like the normal SB (which will confuse me so much!) because of the way this project has been set up. Oh right, this is also Project 2 as part of our writing group at OA. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.

If you have any inquires contact us; CookieNinjaBread and/or Basil
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:57 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Max

My eyes snap open. I throw the covers off me and leap out of bed. I shower as fast as possible and almost eat the soap. Do not ask how. I then dress in my riding pants - or jeans, but you don't have to be picky about it - a singlet and Mum's old hide jacket. I strap the quiver of arrows to my back, and hook my bow to my belt, tucking the string into my pocket. I then pull on my boots and rush downstairs.

Mum is in the kitchen cooking. When she hears me come into the room she turns around and smiles. There is flour all over her front, as well as egg yolk and probably oil in her hair. She smiles wide at me and I return her grin. Usually she isn't even awake this early in the morning.

"Pancakes?" She asks, showing me the pan with golden brown circles cooking in it.

Oh, that makes sense. Mum only wakes up this early to make pancakes. Otherwise, don't try to get her out of bed or she'll bite your face off. And with those long fangs, that's something I don't want.

"Yes please," I drop down into the chair and Mum serves me up a good helping. I pour on some maple flavoured syrup, and dig in.

"Here are my two favourite reptiles in the world," a deep, heavily accented voice chuckles.

"Must you?" Mum turns around to glare at Dad. When they talk to each other, their accents are so obvious.

"Snakes, ladies, all the same right?" Dad smirks at Mum.

"Frying pan, your face, the stove," Mum narrows her eyes. "What's the difference?"

Dad quickly averts his gaze and sits down at the table. He looks at me and his bright grin returns. "Ready for your first day at school?" He asks.

"Yes!" I exclaim around a mouthful of pancakes.

"Qulakete atola!" Mum curses. She probably burnt herself.

"Language, Pan," Dad chides.

"Well I wasn't speaking fucking English, was I?" Mum snarls.

Mum is so not a morning person. "Can I have more pancakes, please?" I ask.

"Adasei, sweetie," Mum dumps more pancakes onto my plate. She looks at Dad and bares her fangs. "You can have the burnt ones."

"Just how I like 'em. Crispy," he winks at Mum. "Also how I like my wife."

"I could hurt you," she kisses him on the cheek. "You're still getting the burnt ones though."

Dad pouts but Mum turns away. So Dad turns to me and grins broadly. My Dad is how you'd describe as angelic. He has soft, handsome features, short, curly black hair, and pale grey eyes like the early morning on a cloudy day. He's tall, just as tall as Mum, and has a muscular yet lithe physique. Compared to Mum, he looks like a little fox.

Mum, on the other hand, is all power. She's tall, with a curvy, voluptuous figure, long wavy hair a deep shade of black with white around the edges. She has pale skin, unlike Dad's deep tan. She has beautiful features, but hard set as though carved from stone. Her eyes are my favourite. The right one is a deep brown, and the left is half emerald, half royal blue. Mum says Dad fell in love with her eyes first. He says it was because she was tied up.

See, Dad actually bought Mum from some pirates when they were younger. It's quite a long story and one Mum doesn't like to bring up because of painful memories, but they're together, and happy, which makes me happy.

"You will behave at your school, won't you Allandra?" Mum gives me a stern look. The years on Earth have made her hard and serious. She's who I go to for advice. Dad's too immature. Even though I'm told it used to be the other way around. Except when Mum was fighting.

"Of course," I give her a droll look. "I always behave."

"Gee, you two are boring," Dad mutters, just loud enough for Mum to hear.

Mum growls and I hide a giggle. She picks up the bowl beside the stove and plonks it onto Dad's head. Pancake batter coats his face, and he cries out in shock.

"Panama!" Dad roars.

"Still boring?" She puts a hand on her hip and smirks at Dad. "Even if you say I am, I can still kick your arse in a sparring match."

"I hate women," Dad growls. He lifts the bowl off his eyes and looks at Mum. "You know, because I can't see properly, I must say you look ravishing, Pan."

"Bite me," Mum retorts and returns to her cooking. She piles the last of the pancakes onto a plate and puts it on the table in front of Dad. "Here."

Dad takes the bowl off his head and hands it to Mum and picks up a pancake. He rubs it over his face and then takes a big bite, smiling wide at Mum as food squelches between his teeth.

"Milo, stop setting a bad example for your daughter," Mum says, deadpan.

"I want a kiss," Dad says around his mouth full of food.

"I'm not kissing you when you have a mouth full of food," Mum growls.

Dad swallows loudly and grabs Mum's face. He pulls her closer and kisses her. She punches him in the ribcage and he lets her go, wheezing. Mum wipes the pancake mixture from her lips and glares at Dad. He jumps up and tries to grab her but she leaps away. He chases Mum out of the kitchen and I listen to them laughing and running through the house. I guess Mum hasn't really changed much.

Finishing my food, I quickly rush into my room to pack my bag before running out to the stables to ready my horse. Mum can't come with us to say goodbye at the school because she has to round up the cows in the larger paddock. Dad wants to get out of the job, and wants to see the school, so he's coming with me.

I saddle up in record time and jump onto my stock horse's back. She tosses her head and nickers as Dad comes running into the stable. He grabs his lanky mount and only puts on his bridle. Mounting up, he kicks his horse into a gallop and I follow after him.

The school is huge! It towers up, and it radiates awesomeness from its windows and doors. People walk around, and pile through the gates onto the school grounds. I beam in excitement at the place.

"Looks like the black market I started up back on Raksha," Dad crinkles his nose in disgust.

"Dad!" I growl.

"Well ... It looks boring. I've heard that school is really boring," he looks at me and frowns, his bottom lip quivering. "I don't want you to be bored."

"Dad, no," I say sternly. "Don't start. This place is different, and I'll have fun here. Make friends," I smirk and turn back to the school. "Maybe even meet a boy."

"Oh yeah? Not after I do this," Dad growls.

"Do what?" I look at Dad and he jumps on me. I nearly fall off my horse and cling to him as he sobs loudly into my hair.

"You can't leave me, Maxxy!" He cries. "How will I face your mother without you to soften the blows? She's going to beat me with a stick. She told me so!"

"Dad, get off," I growl. People start to stop and look at me. My face turns red. "Dad, people are looking at me."

"Is this embarrassing?" Dad asks.

"A bit, yeah," I glare at him.

"Hmm ..." Dad pauses and then hugs me some more and cries louder. "Please don't leave meeee!"

"Get the fuck off me," I snarl.

"No! I can't let you go! What will I do without my baby girl? Who am I going to tuck in at night and tell bedtime stories to? Who will I tickle and hug and who will be my little girl?" Dad cries, ignoring my attempts to push him off me.

"I will hurt you," I growl.

"Oh you're so much like your mother," Dad laughs.

I punch him right in the gut and he coughs. He climbs back onto his horse and smiles at me. I glare at him and he only smiles more. I was going to tell him how much I'll miss him, but I think I'll write to the bastard instead.

"I hope Mum beats you really hard with that stick," I snap.

"Bye, Allandra, I'm gonna a miss you," Dad blows me a kiss.

"Bye Dad," I narrow my eyes at him and dismount. "I'll write and such."

"Alright. Bye baby," Dad takes the reins of my horse and turns them around. "Stay safe and have fun. If you get bored, contact me and I'll come and get you!"

"Goodbye Dad!" I say through gritted teeth.

"And if I find out you've been cavorting with boys, I'm going to come back here naked!" Dad warns. So many people are looking at me now.

"I'll tell Mum!" I yell back.

"Which is why everything you do here is your business!" Dad quickly says. "Bye sweetie!"

"Bye Dad!" I wave and turn around. People stop looking at me and keep walking.

With a bright red face, I take a deep breath, and take my first step onto the grounds of the Fandom School.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:55 am
Tarakona says...

Sethlyn

Sethlyn...
Walking through the dark woods, I paused when I heard the voice.
Sethlyn...
I looked around, unable to locate the source of the voice.
Sethlyn... Wake up...
The woods fade away, slowly replaced by empty blackness. I open my eyes groggily to find Raia standing above me, a hand on my shoulder, shaking me gently.

I groan, "What is it, Raia?.."
"You have to get up," Raia began, "Or we're going to be late."
"Late to what?.." I mumble.
"Don't you remember?" When I look at her blankly, she sighs. "School, Sethlyn. We have to go in about ten minutes or we'll be late."
"Oh f--un!" I leapt out of bed and raced over to my drawers, hastily packing my essentials, but leaving my knives behind, since the school said not to bring them as they have proper combat knives there.

"You haven't even packed?" Raia asks me in amazement.
"I completely forgot!" I rummaged through my wardrobe, grabbing my favourite jacket and a simple grey scarf. I get dressed in black jeans, a white shirt and the dark brown jacket and my scarf. Brushing my hair and teeth quickly, and pulling my hair into a rough ponytail, I ran out the door to see Raia standing outside already, holding her own packed bag.

"Ready to go?" she asked me, handing me her bag.
"I guess." I pause, "Well, as ready as I'll ever be, since I can't take my knives with me."
Raia sighs, shaking her head, "You and your knives... And look at your hair, it’s a mess. I’ll have to plait it later.”
She unfolded her dark, feathery magicked-wings, preparing to take off.
"Wait!" I shout, "What about me?!"
She blinked at me, tilting her head slightly, and I felt a light weight on my shoulders. I still wasn't used to her silent use of dark magic, but hey, I couldn't complain. I had to take off my jacket, since it obstructed my magicked-wings.

I shoved my jacket into my bag, and slung the satchel-bags over my shoulders, slipping the magicked-wings through the straps. Raia leapt up, and I followed, revelling in the amazing feeling that comes with flight.

Luckily, we lived only an hour flight from the school. As we approached the gate, Raia started to descend, whereas I continued forward. Well, I didn't know they had an anti-magic-field-thingy surrounding the school, so when I crossed the border of the gate, my wings faltered, flickered, then vanished completely, and I began to fall.
I didn't scream, didn't shout, didn't bother. I simply fell.

CRASH!!
I grunted as I landed on a book stall.
I stood slowly, apologising to the owner of the stall. He told me not to worry about it, since it wasn't every day that someone fell from the sky. He laughed at me, and I smiled back, helping him pick up the scattered books. “You know,” he said, “I’m surprised you’re not still on the ground. Someone falling from that height would at least have broken a bone or something, you know, be in a bit of pain. Magic or not.”
I smiled at him, shrugging, “I guess I just have more tolerance for pain than others.”

Afterwards, I strolled back to the gate, seeking Raia. I glance around, nothing really catching my eye. Well... Except the random naked man walking around the school... That wasn't exactly what you'd call normal...

Raia ran up to me, "Sweet Lucy! Are you ok, Sethlyn?" She held me by the shoulders firmly, looking me up and down.
"I'm fine, Raia." I smiled at her, placing a hand on her shoulder in reassurance. "So, where to?"
"Well," she shook her head, dismissing the little fall I had, "I've booked us both in, but we're in different dormitories. You know, gender thing. You have a room-mate too! I think his name was Wolfgang."
We started walking towards the dorms, "Wolfie, huh? Sounds cute."
Raia nudged me in my ribs with her elbow, and I chuckled, handing her back her bag. We parted ways to our respective dorms, smiling and waving back at each other.

Raia had given me a key-card and told me my room number. When I reached the room, I could hear some unusual music. It was a mix between dub-step and trance, both energetic and soothing at the same time. Whoever this Wolfgang was, he was interesting already.

I knocked on the door, and the music paused. The door opened to reveal a tall, well-built man with... *gulp* no shirt... He was a nice tan, had almost waist length black-brown hair, and deep brown eyes. I would have to place his age around 18, maybe 19. He wore black tracksuit pants and was barefoot.

“Can I help you?” his voice was deep and gravelly, with a slight accent I couldn’t place.
“I... uh...” I stuttered, turning slightly red. “This is room 164, isn’t it?”
“Yeah...” he looked down at me, seeming incredibly patient.
“Is your name... Wolfgang?..” I couldn’t look away from his steady gaze.
He nodded.
“H-hi... I’m Sethlyn... Your new room-mate...”
His face softened, almost lighting up as he smiled. “Hey Seth. You can call me Wolfie. It’s nice to meet you. Come on in.” he ushered me inside, and I placed my bag on the vacant bed.
“You have a key-card?” Wolfie asked.
“Uhh... Yeah, I do.” I replied hesitantly, pulling the card out of my jean pocket, placing it next to my bag. I put my jacket back on, and started unpacking what I had, folding stuff up and placing it in the drawers. We had shared drawers, shared cupboards, so one of us had the left sides, the other the right sides, corresponding to the side of the room we were staying. Wolfie was on the right, so I was on the left, closer to the window.

I heard Wolfie walk over and turn the music back on. When I heard the song, I spun around. Wolfie looked at me, slightly surprised.
“This song,” I stated, “by Jetta, right? Change the World?”
He smiled at me, “Yeah, it is. You like this song?”
“Uhh, yeah!” I replied, smiling, “One of my favourites.
He chuckled softly, a deep, rumbling sound. “By the way,” he reached to stroke the side of his face, indicating, “Nice scars.”
I reddened slightly. No one ever commented on my scars. Well, not nicely anyway.
I had a feeling I was going to like this new school.

Spoiler! :
Song from Sethlyn and Wolfie's meet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psas-hEHysM
Last edited by Tarakona on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:26 am
CookieNinjaBread says...

Regi

Finally, I'm here. You will NOT believe the ride I had to endure to actually get here. The bus broke down and I was sat next to a child who cried and cried and then spewed up on me. Now I have cloudy white mixture all over my jacket. It smells revolting. Then the trains got held up because of some technical reason, someone dropped coffee on me, and no its wasn't romantic. That shit was hot and it hurt. Plus the person who spilt it was an old woman, so of course I had to be nice about it. Not to mention all the times I got pushed by random people. Now I'm here, so I pray to whichever is the God or Goddess of luck that I'll have better luck here.

I looked up at the gates, tall, cast iron, but in a intricate design. Beautifully sculpted and yet so simple. Inviting, comfortable and somehow they make me feel I'm meant to be here.

Dragging my suitcases behind me, I looked around at the people here. A few normal looking humans like myself, a dwarf? Alright, this is going to take some time getting used to. I heard a loud sobbing and turned to the noise. A girl, sitting on a horse, was being cried onto from an older man. She blushes deeply and says something to him, in which his response is a loud reply of "Please don't leave meeee!"
I chuckle as he receives a punch in the gut and turn away, walking through the open gates.

On closer inspection they seem to mildly glow and have small silver designs on them. If the rest of the school is as pretty as the gate I don't want to wait to get started. Snip, a tiny little alien-ish creature, is sitting on my shoulder, gnawing on my ear lobe. I remove him and he looks horrified. I look up in question and a girl with cat ears, whiskers, a tail and orange fur covering her body walks past me.. I'm going to get off the main road quickly. I saw a bench under a tree and walked to it, my bags still in tow. I was told to wait here for a person to come and show me my room, so time to draw. I got out a book and pencil, accepting the mauled eraser from snip and let him run around in the trees above my head.

I started sketching my surroundings. The gates, a few people standing around, some walking. The Horse Girl was gone now, I could vaguely see her Crying Man disappearing with the horses. I drew her in, as well as Cat-Girl. There were a few buildings so i added them in on the side. Blocking off the top of the picture with leaves, I shaded a few in before being interrupted. I looked up, closing my book before Snip could lick the pages, he does that if I'm not careful.
Standing in front of me was an averaged height boy, wearing a suit and glasses. Only my age by the baby face, but made to look more mature.

"Uh, Reginald Bunglesnach?" He asked cautiously. I nodded, sliding my book back into the pocket it came from.

"Um, I'm here to, uh, show you around. And, take you, uh, take you your, um, room, I think." I nodded again, standing so I stood a little over the boy and slouching a bit so I was more his height. "We also need, um, you to apply into some, uh, classes. Follow me?" He said, turning quickly and almost speed walking towards where I guess the dorms and classes office was.

On the way I heard some people talking about joining Horse riding. You know, maybe I should join that. I'd love to learn. I mean, whats the harm yeah? Besides, maybe I'll see Horse Girl there. Maybe even the Dwarf. Snip would love them. Yep, its decided. I'm going to learn to ride a horse.

First though, a room. A big one, because I need a lot of space. I have two very big suitcases already and I have a lot more, I have to go back and get them tomorrow and in the next few weeks.

-Some Time Later-

I got my room, put up a decent fight for it, but I got one finally. Enough for a lot of people, but only for me. I mean, I lived in a big ass house alone, I'm not going to live in a tiny room with another person. Hell no I'm having my space.

Well, time to check it out. Then sleep, the Horse class starts accepting tomorrow.

It's going to take some time to get used to this place.
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:57 am
View Likes
Seigmeyer says...

SASKAJARRU

And I woke up. I awaken to a cold, empty room. It’s some sort of poorly made shack, or at least that's i can tell via sonar. One wall if brick, another a sheet of corrugated steel, the one to my left, if made out of broken pallet wood, and to the front, a wooden frame and corrugated “door”, which is just a sheet of the steel leaning on the door way. The roof has holes in it, and I can smell dead rat somewhere.

Brilliant.

I get up, and push the corrugated steel down off the door way, and walk out of the shack.
A broken sign with a few arrows and a bullet in it say “STORAG” with the E faded away. Or that’s at least what I can feel from the paint strokes. It’s rather windy around here.

Judging in from the feel of the sun, its almost 1 pm.

I walk a little bit forward, towards a few bales of hay. I walk past them, and sense a few humans. With bows. And they seem rather…um…distracted to look at my face. No wonder it’s cold, I got nothing on. I wish when I resurrected, I brought clothes.

“YOU THERE!” I shout at a young human, who is closest to my size, judging from feeling he wind blow behind him. I assume it’s a he from his size and stature.

“CLOTHES! NOW!”I shout. He walks towards me.

The student is whimpering and fidgeting about. He seems disturbed by the fact I have no eyes.

“But. I…. ”He talked back to me. What a little shit!

I decided to threaten him.

“If you don’t give me your clothes, I will feed you your own family.”
I can hear him taking them off. He finishes and runs to someone. I hear them muttering.

I quickly put his clothes on, and they are a bit small. The pants stop at about the middle of my shin, and the shirt stops at the end of my ribcage.

I hear two sets of footsteps coming towards me.
One sounds similar to the guy I got the clothes off, the other sounds…a tad lighter, like a females.

“what do you think your doing, interrupting my marksman class?!” I was right it was a young-ish lady, I put her around 30.

“Surrender those clothes NOW!” She orders me.

I can hear her voice whimper a bit, most likely because I faced directly at her, and she saw I had no eyes. People are so easily disgusted.

I walk over away from her and over in front of the hay bales, and stand there.

“A LITTLE BET! AS YOU CAN SEE I’M BLIND, SO IF I HIT THE MIDDLE OF ALL THESE HAY BALES, WHILE I’M TURNED AROUND, I KEEP THE CLOTHES, AND YOU KEEP YOUR LIVES!!!” I shout that over to her.

I can hear the wind blow in between some paper, so I assume it’s a target, as it moves a little bit, but is stuck because its seems to be stuck in place by a arrow of some sort.

I focus my thoughts, and imagine a weapon. A pistol. The render of flesh: KREZEF, a semi automatic pistol, with small recoil, and 13 bullets in the clip, and one in the chamber. I looks like a M1911 with a extended clip, but is decorated with flesh and bone, with the latter sticking out around the top and barrel of the gun, and with a little flicker of my hand, I summon it, I draw it out of my memories, and bring it forth into my hand.

It feels more squishy and slippery from last time, but the blood dripping from the gun quickly hardens in my hand.

I turn around, and take aim at the target which is behind me. And I fire. The recoil on Krezef is so little, but feels so powerful. The rendered skin on the gun squirms in my hand.

I turn around. I sense the trail of slightly warm and disturbed air and “see” where the bullet landed.

Bullseye. Right in the centre.

I can hear the humans run away.

I take my leave, and walk towards the massive building in the distance. I am in a hallway leading to the shop, at least that’s what the sign said as I felt for the braille. I walk over to some thing which seems like a clothing shop. I can hear slithering about , and someone writing with a pen.
I walk over to the nearest rack and find a shirt, some jeans, some undies and a scarf. I walk into a small cubicle, and feel for the door and close it, and begin getting changed.

I hear slithering again. I also hear murmuring from them. I thinks it’s a girl, about 20 years of age.

I quickly put on the shirt and jeans, replacing the small ones I had earlier, and I wrap the scarf around my eyes, hiding the holes into my skull.
I exit the small, cramped room, and walk out. I bump into someone. She bounces off my chest, and she squeals as she falls.

I suppose I apologize now.

“Are you okay” I ask, I attempt to show emotion.

“Ouch that hurt!” She replies. Her voice seems a little light, and…well…kinda cute.

“Hang on, grab my hand.” I lend her my hand.
She grabs it, and she gets up, rather easily, actually.
Her hands seem rather cold.

I knew it.

“I’m sorry miss, but as you can clearly see, I’ve got a blindfold on, and can’t see, are you a…uh…Lamia?” I ask. Lamia are half human half snake. Top half human, Bottom half snake.

“Yes! But how did you know? She asks. She doesn’t seem to be scared.

“ I could hear you slithering, and your skin is cold to touch. Not as cold as mine, but still cold. “.

“Wow, are you some sort of sleuth?” she asks, with a little bit of nervousness.

“No, I’m Saskajarru, I’m basically all-round awesome” I explain. I won’t bother with a full background explanation, That would confuse her.

“Lamia have Infared vision don’t they?”

“Yes….” She seems on edge.

“Do you mind if I can borrow that power of yours?

“WHA---“ I grab her and hold her close, I slide my left arm onto her lower back, and place my left hand on her cheek.

“Collect” I whisper, and I emit the darkness from my hand.

She loses consciousness.

COLLECTION UPDATED>>>>

INFARED-VISION NOW ARCIVED _____

SWITCHING ON MOMENTAILY_________

ON>>>>>>>>>>>

I feel a small thin line of skin form over my eyes.

The Lamia on the ground lights up a cool blue.

I can see. I CAN SEE!

Well I can see infrared anyway.

I walk out, and emit a heat wave from my body, via the darkness. I can see where I’m going for once. This will come in handy. I walk to the front of the school, past all the other buildings and walk over to a plaque of some sort. I read the Braille on the plaque. “FANDOM SCHOOL” So it’s a school. Great.

I walk back to the shack I woke up in earlier, thinking about how I got here. I have flashbacks about what happened in the past life.

I was sawn in half, and had my heart combusted.

Thankfully, I don’t stay dead…but holy hell did that hurt.

I move the sheet of steel on the door way, walk in to the shack, and drag it over to close the doorway. That was an eventful day.

Screw me dying though. I plan on staying alive this time.

I decided to wait for the next day.

THE NEXT DAY.

I waited the whole night. Thank Christ I don’t need to sleep, eat or drink.

I can hear a whole lot of commotion out side. It seems like this is the first day of this school, at least for the new students.

This will be fun.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:05 am
Halfbloodcheetah says...

JACKSON

Jackson sat in the passenger seat of Blaze's truck on the way to Fandom school. His was smooshed into his fist as he stared out the window at the passing trees, houses, and stuff. He turned to look at Blaze, who was driving. "Why do you have to come with me again, Blaze?"

Blaze chuckled and gave him a side smirk, "Because, Chester Cheetah. Your girlfriend wants me to keep an eye on you, so no one kills you... Or vice versa..." He gave Jackson a look.

Jackson turned to the window again, hiding his sad face. "I didn't mean too... It was just once..."

Blaze rolled his eyes, "I know... I have heard that bit once or twice before from you." He gave Jackson a pointed glare, "You know I would usually say that one kill makes you a murderer, so suck it and live with it..."

Jackson turned to look at him when he didn't finish. "But?" He smirked hoping to force a compliment out of the mercenary.

Blaze gave him a fake clueless look, "But what? Got nothing more to say."

Jackson rolled his eyes, "Yeah sure. No 'You're just a kid. You shouldn't have had to go through that' speech. Because big, powerful Blaze 'I've been through Hell'."

Blaze growled, "Shut up cheetah." He used the hand he wasn't using to drive and whacked Jackson on the back of the head.

"OW! Really?" Jackson whined.

Blaze smirked, "Be lucky I didn't hit you with my ring finger." He waved his left hand, showing off his ring finger. "Vanessa got me a steel band."

Jackson sighed, "Must be nice being married..."

Blaze, obviously sensing a mushy subject,saw the school up ahead and was grateful for a distraction. "Oh look... We're here... He stopped and parked the truck in the parking lot.

Jackson stared at the school, a little weirded out and nervous. He turned to Blaze, "I'm nervous."

Blaze rolled his eyes, "Boo-hoo kitty cat! You'll do fine kid. And if not I'll just have to get my hands dirty." He pulled out his pistol and made sure it was loaded. "Someone has to tell them, only I am allowed to kill you."

Jackson frowned, "Yeah sure." He got out of the truck and looked around. "I don't know about this place, Blaze."

Blaze chuckled as he got out of the truck, "Yeah... You just miss your girlfriend."

"You bet I do!" Jackson snapped his cheeks turning red. Maybe coming here wasn't the best idea he had ever had.
Someone needs to make Captain Cold a fursona.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:33 pm
RekoSanctum13 says...

Reko Sanctum

Knives....electricity.....needles.....dissection....no...no...NO!!!!

I quickly sit up in my bed, almost falling out of it. I grab the sheets of my bed but that didn't help at all. The sheets come off and I hit the floor, face first with a massive thud. "Ow! Ow! Ooooowwwwwww!!!!"
I clutch my nose in my hands and roll around a little on the floor.
I quickly got over the pain and somehow managed to roll myself up in my detached bed sheets.
"Ooooo....this is comfy, I....might just...go back to...sleep..."
I doze off again in my happy little burrito form.

"Reko...Reko!..." a faint voice said as I slept. I rolled over knowing who voice belonged to and ignored it. Suddenly I am yanked by my tail and thrown across my room.
I hit the wall (head first) and slid down to the ground. I looked up and saw a figure appear from multiple blue pixels like a computerize hologram, it was Daimon, my computerized spirit drive and basically overall big brother ( No. 2).
"What the hell was that for?!?!!?" I growled at him and bared my fangs. Oblivious to the fact that my head was bleeding.

"Don't you know what today is?"
I looked at him confused, "um.....Christmas?" I say as my tail sways innocently.
He sighed and face palmed himself. "It's your first day of school today, remember?"

Oh that's right......
"Wait....when did I ever agree to school?? I don't need it!!" I frowned crossing both my arms and legs in annoyance, my tail thumping against the ground annoyed.
Daimon glared at me and that is when I knew that I needed to shut my mouth and just do as he says.

"Get ready for school!!!!"
I growled angrily and went to get ready even though I didn't want to. I waled to the bathroom but fell yet again face first at the step of the door way. ( I should really invest in a freaking helmet ) "Damn it...not again...." I looked down at my robotic legs. I noticed the metal was coming apart on my right leg. I haven't been able to get any parts for it yet. Oh well... I drag myself into the bathroom and quickly head for the duct tape and taped my leg together. "This will have to do for now."
I showered, did the essential bathroom duties and changed over the various bandages that covered my many, many scars and cuts left by the scientists from the labs.

I changed into my usual entire of tribal clothing and shoved the rest of my clothing, multiple books, sketch book and basically everything else into my duffel bag. I glanced at the clock. "GOD DAMN IT!!!"

I rushed down stairs (more like hopped because of my taped up leg ) duffel bag slung over one shoulder and I quickly entered the kitchen. Grabbing an apple, my school bag and 'Adape' my scythe I ran towards the door but skidded to a halt as Daimon appeared floating in front of me, his arms crossed. "I'm taking you to school."
"Daimon, I will be fine, it's just school. School in which I'm going t be late too!!!"
"Reko, you have never been to a school before and you still haven't adapted to this world yet properly that is why you are going to this school. So please, at least allow me to accompany you there." I sighed and took a bite from my apple, there was no use arguing.

Wait, speaking of arguing...where was Sasuke? He's usually at Daimon's throat at this time of the morning. I don't have time for that now!!!

You see, Daimon has always been there for me since I was born where Sasuke, my pain in the ass cousin disappeared for 5 god damn years and then reappears, comes to my door and now he is living here!!!! GRRR!!!

I grabbed my grey cloak which held my people's crest on the right shoulder (a diamond with a moon and a star) and put in on, pulling the hood over my head and long ears.
This way I will look some what normal when I enter the school today and not look like some freak from another planet. (Don't say it!!)

We lived only a few blocks away from the school which made it easy to walk there without any troubles. Daimon floating along side me as we walked.

We get to the gates of the school and I sighed once again. "So, this is where I will be spending the next few years huh?" The outside looked really nice, there were rose bushes on either side of the path leading to the gates and the school itself looked stunning. Like something out of a book I once read, what are they called? Manga?

I turned to Daimon. "Do you really have to go?" I said kinda sad, I can look after myself but he has always been there to help me through things. He smiled and tapped on his wrist indicating me to look down at mine. There was a new software on my gauntlet. "Activate it and I will be with you instantly, I swear on it." Smiling I gave a confident nod. (Seeing as though I couldn't hug a hologram)
We said our goodbyes and he went back home and I was left standing there in front of this new foreign building, my face cloaked with my hood.

I gaze up to have another look at the place I will be calling home from now on and see a few interesting things. A girl on a horse, a guy sketching, another guy falling into a book stand and a....a.....I don't know what to call it......another alien?
I take my hood off and walked into the school grounds.
"Alright, time to find my room!!!"

~A FEW HOURS LATER~

I find my dorm and enter, there was no one else there yet but that didn't phase me. Placing my bags down near the wardrobe, flung off my cloak and threw myself at the bed in the corner and missed it.......hitting the floor......again.....then to make things even better my leg fell apart.......
"This is going to be the start of a great school year."
I laid on the ground and just laughed.

24 Reviews

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:19 am
Basil says...

Max

I stroll casually over to the large front buildings. I walk in through some sliding double doors and over to a line gradually getting smaller, at a window. I wait for a while, tapping my foot impatiently. A tall, blonde girl is chatting with her friend animatedly, a boy around my height with spiked up black hair and silvery eyes. He notices my stare and I quickly avert my gaze.

"Ledafento," he says in my direction, and the blonde stops and turns to me.

Did he just say hello in Seicarida? The language my mother speaks all the time? Is this boy a Snake-Child too? I look at him and notice his slitted pupils and fangs.

"Leda'," I nod. Hey

"Rivira atola ary Seicarida?" The blonde girl asks. Are you a Snake?

"Adasei," I nod, grinning. Yes.

"And here I was thinking I was going to be the only Rakshan!" The black haired boy continues in Seicarida.

"I thought very much the same," I chuckle. "I'm Max."

"Max?" The Snake boy raises an eyebrow. I notice that his eyes are flecked with white. His hair also has stripes of darker grey. "That's not much of a Snake name. And I'm Reijati."

"My real name is Allandra, but I prefer the nickname Max," I shrug. "And Reijati isn't a Snake name either. That's a Faraxian name."

Reijati shrugs. "My father was Faraxian," he says. His accent is like Mum's though, Shae'Lian. "Why do you have a Dellanian accent?"

"I was born there," I smile wide. "My father is Dellanian."

"That makes sense," Reijati chuckles.

Beside him the blonde clears her throat noisily. "And my name is Cassy, but you know, I don't really exist," she pouts.

Rude much? "Hey Cassy," I offer her my hand and she smiles, shaking it. "I take it you're an Earthen?"

She blushes and nods. "Yep. Reijati is like an exchange student, only that's not what you'd call him. He's staying with us for a while as part of the Faraxian program. I'd love to visit Raksha, but no one from Earth is allowed to go there," she babbles.

"Rakshans are very big on laws and they don't really like outsiders," Reijati frowns.

"But hey, at least there's this place," I grin and indicate the school.

"Right, speaking of which," Cassy smiles shyly at me. "How would you like to share a dorm with me? I don't think they allow boy-girl room mates."

I nod, smiling. "Sure," I turn to Reijati. "What about you?"

"I plan on having my own room," he winks. "More privacy."

"He thinks he'll have a string of broken hearts by the time he leaves Earth," Cassy rolls her eyes.

Reijati and I exchange a knowing smirk. "Trust me, Cassy," I begin. "He will. Snake-Children are notorious for their ... extravagant endeavours."

Cassy frowns. "I ... don't understand," she says.

I pat her shoulder. She's easily a head shorter than me. I love my height. "Don't worry, I think your innocence is better," I bite my lip and look at Reijati, who is a little taller than me. "How long have you been here for?"

"First day, but I've toured the campus, so I can show you around if you want," he smirks. "But first, we pick our classes."

"Oh good," I grin. "I can't read English, so I'll need some help."

"Sure, I'm pretty good at reading the symbols," Reijati smirks.

Cassy chuckles. "It's so funny to hear you say that," she giggles.

I find myself smiling, glad that I've made at least two friends. Reijati turns around to face the window. He grabs my wrist and pulls me over.

"Put your name at the top of the sheet, and then your top five class choices," a man behind the window says, smiling.

"Dance?" Reijati asks in English, for the man's benefit.

"Yes please," I respond in English, smiling. "Art too."

"Art," Reijati scribbles that down on one of the sheets. "Musical? Er ... Singing and instruments?"

I shake my head. "No," I think of what else I'd like. "Fighting?"

Reijati looks over another sheet of paper. "Combat class. There are different types of combat though," he tells me.

"Uhm ... Hand combat, weapon combat maybe?" I frown at my bad English. I've never liked the language.

"Alright, I'll put you down for all combat classes," he chuckles. "I think we should join an English class, too."

I nod. "Need better English, adasei," I agree.

"One more," Reijati pouts. "Aww, there isn't any farming classes."

Farming. Horses! "Horse class?" I ask.

"There's equestrian classes," Reijati raise an eyebrow.

"Good, good," I nod my head enthusiastically.

"That's you done, then, Max," Reijati smiles.

"Room?" I ask.

"Cassy can do that," Reijati smiles.

He hands the sheets to the man behind the desk, and then asks for a single apartment dorm room. The man nods and hands him a card after tapping away on his computer, and Reijati moves out of the way. Cassy quickly fills out her class sheet, and then asks for a double room. The man taps on his computer and then hands over two cards. Cassy hands me one and pockets hers. She then picks up her bag and suitcase, and turns to follow Reijati down the hall.

"We're staying in the Rakshan wing," Cassy says.

"So, like home planet?" I ask.

She shrugs. "Not really, just means it's closer to the Rakshan study classes and library," she says.

I chuckle. "Like home," I say.

We enter the dorm area, and Reijati says a quick goodbye before disappearing. Cassy and I walk further down the hall until we get to our room. She shows me how to use the card to unlock the door, and we enter.

The room is large enough for two people, with a paper screen stretching halfway down the room, blocking off the beds. Each compartment has a king single bed, a desk, a chair, a chest of drawers, and a dresser with a mirror. There is another door at the end of the room, probably leading to a bathroom or something.

"Which side do you want?" Cassy asks.

"Right," I tell her.

"Sweet," she walks to her side of the room, and I walk to mine.

I put my week's worth of clothing away, pull out my drawing books and tools and stack them neatly on the desk. I then take off my jacket, rest it over my chair, and check on Cassy.

"Today is Sunday, so we don't really have to do anything," she tells me.

"Okay," I smile. "Reijati room?"

"Sure," Cassy jumps up. "Follow me."

We leave our room and lock the door behind us. We follow the hall to Reijati's room, and knock on the door. Reijati answers with only a towel around his waist. Cassy's face goes bright red, but I greet him as though he were fully clothed.

"Uhm, I'm gonna just ... I'll check to see what classes of yours are on tomorrow, Max," Cassy quickly says.

"Sure," I smile at her.

"Catch you later Cass," Reijati nods at her, and she smiles tightly back, her face red. "Sorry it's a bad time."

"It's okay," she shrugs and quickly leaves. "See you both later."

"Bye Cassy!" Reijati and I say in unison.

I turn to the half naked Snake and raise an eyebrow. "What was that about?" I ask.

"Cassy gets uncomfortable when I wear anything less than a shirt and pants," he says, stepping aside. "I thinks it's because she doesn't like guys."

I notice how we switch to Seicarida so effortlessly. "Fair enough," I look around the large room, with a double bed, larger desk, some lounges and a flat screen TV. There are two other doors at the end of the room, probably leading to a bathroom and kitchen maybe? "What are those doors for?" I ask.

"Bathroom and toilet," Reijati smirks. "They're separate in the apartment rooms."

"Oh," I nod. "Were you about to have a shower?"

"Yeah," Reijati nods. "Wanna sit in the bathroom, or wait out here?"

I think about it. Mum would tell me how Snakes from the same Tribe would have little regard when one of them is naked. She says most Snakes feel the same way, it's their way of saying, "I feel comfortable around you and I will be your friend." I guess Reijati feels that way toward me. That's good!

"Sure," I smile, nodding. "Are you a Tribe Snake?"

I follow Reijati into the bathroom. "Yeah," he says. "But my Tribe is one of those very rare ones that aren't originally from Shae'Lian."

"Oh," I sit on the sink as Reijati takes his towel off. "How old are you?"

"Sixteen," he says. "You?"

"Eighteen," I chuckle. "When did your fangs shift?"

"Last week," Reijati winces. "They're still tender."

"They will be for a few more days," I tell him.

Reijati pouts, and turns on the shower. He steps in and I avert my gaze, looking around the bathroom.

"Hey Max," Reijati begins.

"Yeah?" I look at him.

He has a smirk on his face. "Wanna join me?" He asks.

I roll my eyes and jump off the sink. "Fine, but you have to show me around the school afterwards," I give him a stern look before stripping.

"It'll be my treat," he grins. "I just want you to wash my back, anyway."

"His true colours show," I chuckle. "You're being lazy."

He nods. "Yeah, I am. Now hurry up, it's getting cold," he whines.

Rolling my eyes again, I jump into the shower.

Spoiler! :
I hope this post is good. Didn't really get anywhere, but eh XD
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:03 am
Seigmeyer says...

SASKAJARRU

I push over the steel “door”, and I walk out.
I can hear a large array of voices and laughter.

Sickening.

With the confidence of a eagle with clipped wings, I walk out to try to find some sorta entertainment.

I walk around, while emitting a faint amount of heat to use my infrared to describe my surroundings. I gotta come up with a name for this type of sight.

I will call it…uh…um…Heat Vision?

Screw it.

Any who as I walk around, and while doing so, hearing all the conversations, and listening them all go silent when I walk past.
Just because I’m taller than them, bulkier than them, and all around more GODLY than them, doesn’t mean they can look at me with such distain.

I walk up to a wall, and “spot” a sign, via the heat not registering as fast for the iron sign.

I read the braille. “COMBAT CLASS?”
Underneath that It says: “ TRAINING DAY OPEN! FAMILARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE WEAPONS OF THE WORLD!”

Oh yes.

I walk in with my head held high, and my attitude ready to go.

I sense a lot of anxiousness. I scan the room with my infrared vision.

I see a large (smaller than me though) Heat signature and a very cold one.

I walk over, and only get a few steps, but know that noise any where.

Slithering.

The cold signature speaks

“STOP! THAT HURTS”.

It’s the same as that lamia girl I bumped into yesterday.

I’m going to regret this aren’t I?

“ HEY ASSHOLE! WHAT ARE DOING TO SNAKE CHICK?” I shout.

I regret this already.

He turns, and I can literally smell his smugness.

I walk closer, and get within arms reach of him, with lamia girl behind him, pinned against a wall. With all the other students just watching him holding her against her will.
“ Wow, we got a live one!”

“Listen here, and listen good you stupid son of a degenerate goldfish, you are going to let her go, or I’m going to beat you over the head with your own frozen smug.”

And here we go.

“I’m better than you, I’m better looking than you and I’m stronger than you!” He says. I’m going to enjoy this.
He looks over to the students, as if they were his audience, and continues to talk.

“ I am the most popular student of this esteemed school, and I can fight off hundreds of people at the same time!” He shoves me.

“Compared to you, you hulking wall of flesh, I am a god!” He says.

If I had sight, I would be able to she the bullshit teeming out of his mouth.

“Really? Really?” I ask.

“Really!” he exclaims.

“ Really?”

“Really!”

“Really?”

“Really!”

“Really?”

“Really!”

“REALLY??!” I scream.

“Really!” he says to me, with a slight hint of smug.

“Release restraint level 1 out of 77777777777777.” I whisper, loud enough for him to hear, barely.

“Level what?”

I move to his side, so if he were to fly backward, he wouldn’t fly into The lamia girl.

I pull my arm back and clench my hand, to make it a fist.

I punch him, I force my fist directly into his nose, and he takes off into the wall, and smacks into it, with a satisfying crunch. I pull my arm back and lower it to my side.

“DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO TRY THIS?”
I yell.

I can smell their fear, and all of them are terrified of me.

I turn over to the Lamia girl.

“ You okay miss?” I tried to sound like a gentleman, but you know its me, so my gravely voice kind of threw me off a bit.

“ Yes, I’m f-fine.” That stutter signifies that I might of scared her.

“Come on lets go.” I pick her up like the knights old carrying their princesses, ( I would know, I was there)and carry her out , and walk pass the teacher on the way out.

That’s a whole other problem.

I carry her out and put her down near a fountain. I think its about the centre of the school, I’m not sure, my perception of the world “map” has been kinda messed up.

“Thanks.” She says, with my infrared, I see that her cheeks had lit up red, which is a tad different from her entire body being cold.

“Why was Asshole McCretin treating you like that?” I ask…

-Come on Saskajarru don’t get attached.-

“ Simple because I’m a-a lamia.” She says shyly.

“ Come on, every one knows snakes are cool.” I reply. I hope I it makes her smile.

-DAMMIT DON”T GET ATTACHED!-

“Oh thanks!” she thanks me.

“ In fact….” I begin to say.

I summon a large broad combat knife into my hands.
I walk over to the fountain, and on the edge of the seat, I carve in:

“SNAKE IS BEST”.

She gasps, I think she likes it.

“ You spelt it wrong.”

“How so?” I think I spelt it right.

She explains: “ you spelt it: S-N-E-K I-Z B-E-C-T.”

Oh.
“Oh”I say. I probably look like an idiot.

She starts laughing uncontrollably.

Once she finished, she says that she needed to go, and get set up in her dorm room.

I walk off and return to my little shack.

Dammit I got attached.

I hope tomorrow will be as eventful as this.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:07 pm
Halfbloodcheetah says...

JACKSON:

Jackson lugged his bags to the dorm, followed by Blaze who easily carried the bags on his shoulders and his hands. Jackson turned and glared at Blaze jealously, "I would give anything right now to have super strength..."

Blaze smirked, "There are steroids. Never used 'em before but I heard they do wonders!"

Jackson rolled his eyes and opened the dorm room, "Dude. Aren't those illegal?

Blaze shrugged, "I don't know? I didn't look at the book of illegal stuff while I was in Hawthornes!"

Jackson dropped his bags and turned back to Blaze, "Probably because you were trying to escape for two years!" He picked up his stuff and walked in to the room. He threw his stuff on the right side of the room. "I call right!" He jumped onto the bed and put his arms behind his head as Blaze set up his stuff on the left side of the room.

Blaze turned to Jackson with a slightly troubled look on his face. "I don't have enough room for all my weapons..."

Jackson kept his eyes closed but mumbled, "Did you try the sock drawer?"

Blaze's face lit up, "Oh yeah! Sock drawer! Thanks kid."

Blaze grabbed a random shirt from his suit case and a pair of pants, then turned to Jackson. "Leave. I need to take a shower, then I am gonna be busy alarming this place and installing hidden weapons everywhere. Just in case you aren't the only lunatic here."

Jackson scowled, "Gee thanks." He walked outside the dorm grumbling about the big jerk he was forced to room with. He looked around and just started walking past the other dorms. What he didn't see was a discarded banana peel right in the walkway. So he slipped on it and hit the door of one of the dorm and slid to the floor.
Someone needs to make Captain Cold a fursona.

24 Reviews

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:59 am
Basil says...

Max

I stretch my arms up, back arcing into the air. I hear my bones crack and sigh in relief. I don’t think I like sleeping in my human form, it gets too uncomfortable. Maybe tonight I’ll sleep in my snake form. That’d be nice.

Getting up, I shake my hair and it falls into place around my shoulders, instead of being a tangled mop atop my head. I fix my singlet and shorts before grabbing a towel and heading into the bathroom. I have a quick shower and go back to my side of the room to dress. Today I have my first class, equestrian. It wasn’t until the evening, after midday, so I had a late night and slept in till the middle of the day. Now I’m ready to go out riding. Yippee!

After putting on a plain grey shirt, my hide jacket, riding pants and boots, I head out the door and walk down the hallway until I get to Reijati’s room. I knock a couple of times and wait for a minute before he opens the door, rubbing at his face.

“Jeez, you look like shit,” I chuckle as I speak in Seicarida.

“I just woke up,” Reijati frowns and looks at me. “What do you want?”

“Where are the stables?” I ask. “I have my first class soon.”

“Just follow the yellow brick road,” he grumbles.

“The what?” I ask.

“It’s an Earthen reference. You won’t get it,” he shakes his head. “Here, take my map,” he reaches back and picks up some paper. “It shouldn’t be too far from the Rakshan win anyway.”

“Thanks Reijati,” I grin and ruffle his black hair.

“Oi!” He swipes at me and I quickly jump out of the way.

I wave goodbye as I walk out of the dorm complex. Looking at the map, I follow a path that leads me to large paddocks, and a huge building. I can smell the horses and hay already, and I pocket the maps before running over to the stables. Once inside, I look around in awe at the sheer size of the place.

“Hey, you!”

Turning around, I see a tall, lanky woman beckoning me over. I jog over to her and she eyes me up and down before smiling.

“You part of the new group?” She asks, her accent strange.

I nod. “Yep.”

“Good, come with me and I’ll get ya a horse,” she indicates I follow her and she leads me out to a small paddock where many horses walk around. There is a group of kids waiting by the gate, and we walk over. I stand near the back, hoping no one stares at me. “A’right kids, line up and I’ll list of the breeds we ‘ave on offer for ya’ll to choose from. Then I’ll let ya’ll pick your horse.”

She pulls a list out of her pants pocket and looks it over. “My name is Beth, and I’ll be your equestrian teacher for this class. Now, we have on offer the Lusitano breed, the Andalusian breed, the Arabian breed, and the Frisian breed. Take your pick, and once you’ve decided what horse you want, go into the paddock to interact with it,” she explains.

I walk over to the fence and look at all the different horses. One stands out the most to me. A tall black mare. I climb over the fence instead of going through the gate like everyone else, and stroll over to her. Her large brown eyes meet mine and I smile wide. Lifting my hand, I place it under her nose and she sniffs it. I start to stroke her and when she’s comfortable with my touch, I pull myself onto her back. I grab her mane and spin her around. She instantly trots over to another black horse while a boy is trying to hold him back.

“What is going on with you?” The boy growls.

His horse pushes forward until he’s standing in front of my horse. I frown and look at his face closer. Ah, these two are twins. Well, probably. I’d like to think I know horses well enough to tell when they’re siblings.

“Er, sorry, I think they twins,” I call down in English.

The boy looks up at me. He has short, dark hair and dark eyes, with handsome features. He’s very tall and lanky, and I’d bet he’s around my height. A sly grin tugs at my face, but I quickly push it away.

“Twins?” He looks at the stallion nudging my horse. “Maybe. I like him though, he’s dark and reminds me of night time.”

“Agreed,” I nod, chuckling. “Very … er, pretty horse. Very, very pretty.”

“Are you Irish?” The boy asks me.

I shake my head. “No, but similar accent?” I bite my lip. I’ve heard from the very select few humans I’ve met that my accent sounds “Irish”. Apparently I have a lot of the traits “Irish” people have, too.

“Okay,” the boy keeps stroking his horse’s neck. “I think I’ll name you Aro,” he tells the stallion.

“Aro good name,” I smile wide.

“Why can’t you speak English well?” The boy looks at me, frowning.

“Er, not from Earth. Born other planet. Not speak English there,” I blush a little. “Only know native tongue to home planet.”

The boy nods. “I’m Regi by the way,” he offers me his hand, even though it seems a tad reluctant. “Reginald Bunglesnach.”

I shake his hand. “Allandra Adams, but I prefer Max,” I tell him.

“Why Max?” Regi asks.

“Max cooler name,” I shrug, letting go of his hand. “Want help mounting horse?”

Regi looks at his horse before looking at me and nodding. I dismount from my horse’s back and walk over to Aro. I show Regi how to place his hands on Aro’s back and shoulder before propelling myself onto his back. I dismount and let Regi try it on his own. After a couple of attempts, he finally gets up and onto Aro’s back.

“Alright, everyone that has their horse, come over to the gate,” Beth yells.

I leap onto my horse’s back and push her into a walk. Aro follows instantly, and we walk through the gate and onto the paved path leading into the stables.

“Now, go find empty stalls for your horses, grab some brushes, and start bonding. Learn how to brush your horse, what he likes and doesn’t like. We will do that for half an hour before moving on to saddling up,” Beth says. “Everyone take a halter and put it on your horse, then take them into a stall.”

I grab two halters and show Regi how they work. Once that’s done, we lead our horses into the stables. I find two empty stalls next to each other and show Regi. He takes the one on the left, and I take the one on the right. I grab a couple of brushes and hand one to Regi.

“Make sure to follow direction of Aro’s hair. You will be able to get hang of it easy,” I explain before going into my horse’s stall to brush her down. She’s tall with a powerful black body, and a gorgeous face. Her eyes are very expressive, and full of mischief. “I will call you Pipya,” I say in Seicarida. “You have a lot of spirit, Pipya. Like the Goddess of Speed and Agility from Raksha.”

Pipya nods her head as I brush her coat and talk to her in Seicarida. As soon as her coat is glistening and clean, I lean against the stall door waiting for the next set of instructions. I don’t have to wait long for someone to come over with a saddle, saddle blanket, bridle and other pieces of tack I may need to saddle up Pipya. Beth tells us to saddle up and don’t be afraid to ask for help. Taking the saddle blanket and saddle, I turn to Pipya, who has her ears forward and an intrigued look in her eyes.

“Behave,” I give her a stern look.
Of course I am.
Why?

Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 am
View Likes
CookieNinjaBread says...

Regi

After dropping my bags at my dorm, which was pretty decently sized to be honest, I walked to the library. I loved libraries, to be surrounded in books and not being disturbed by anyone. A safe haven for readers and writers.

Entering the sliding doors into the building, I was impressed by the size of it. There was a desk to the left of the entrance, a stairwell and a few extra rooms to the right. Most of the smaller reading books were held on this floor, for all those people looking for a quick fix and a bit of motivation. Reading now sounds like a drug. It's confirmed, books are the new drug, watch out weed, a new rival has arrived in town.
I really should focus on where I'm walking, I might walk into a wall. What if I walked up the wall? Spiderman. Actually, I don't really like spiders. Well, books are associated with worms for some weird reason so, Wormman! Why are worms and books good? Do worms like reading? They eat paper? Worms are slimy though? Are people who read slimy and generally covered in dirt? I wouldn't think so... What if one had a dirt hat on? A Top Hat? Or a birthday hat, one of those cone ones. Aww, a tiny worm with a tinier birthday hat.. I must draw that when I get back to my book.
There were people everywhere, Reading, quietly chatting, a couple cuddling in silence. Being surrounded in so many people is going to take some time to get used to, but that's one of the reasons I'm here, to meet people and 'make friends'. How original, it sounds like some shit off a movie.

~

After an hour or so of browsing, I took my small stack of books to read to the counter to check out. I imagine they'd be able to be booked out with the cards that grant access to our rooms.
I got briefed on them, you only need one and they open any door that they have access to, so you can get it programmed to a friend or siblings door too. a bit of paperwork involved is all. They can be used for other things as well, so I better not lose it, or let Snip get to it. He's currently asleep on my stack of books. I placed my books on the counter, moving snip to my shoulder before the woman started scanning.
I have equestrian tomorrow, which means I know absolutely nothing, I'm an absolute noob at it, hopefully no one notices. Who am I kidding? That's why I have half of these books, to get some information.
Looks like I have a long night ahead of me. I need a coffee.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:34 am
Tarakona says...

Sethlyn

YES!!! I DON'T HAVE TO ATTEND CLASSES FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS!!!
I flop back onto my bed and pick up the copy of DragonCharm Wolfie lent me. I've read it before, but there's nothing wrong with revisiting old favourites.
All I could do was chillax until Wolfie returned from his classes. He promised he'd show me around the school after, so I waited.

4 o'clock rolls around, and he finally strolls through the door.
"Hey Wolfie." I place the book on my bedside table. "How were your classes?"
He sighed, "A little tiring, to tell the truth. I had to chase down a loose horse, while I was bareback on my own stallion, and had to lead them both back about a quarter mile on foot." He dropped his satchel and collapsed onto his bed.
"Oh.. fun..." I looked down at the floor, swinging my feet slightly.
"What's up, Seth?" Wolfie asked, "You seem quiet."
"Nothing. I was just waiting..."
"For what?" His eyes were closed now. He was obviously tired.
I let out a long breath, "Nothing... I have a feeling he's too tired to go at the moment..."
"He?.." Wolfie sat up now.
"Hmm..." I pulled out my plait and began brushing my hair, the bloody tangle it was. Bloody being a figure of speech, of course. I haven't been killing anyone lately.

We sat there in silence for a while. Suddenly, Wolfie's eyes widened, his mouth dropped open. "Ahh... bugger... ok..."
I looked up at him, curious. "I know who you're waiting for." Wolfie stated, lowering his head. "I'm sorry Seth, I completely forgot about the tour."
I placed the brush down and walked over to him, placing a hand gently on his. "Hey," I said, "It's ok. We still have time left. And if you are too tired, I don't mind. You could always show me around tomorrow." I smiled softly, and he smiled back.
"Nah," he replied, "I'm not too tired. If you still want to go now, we can."
I smiled more, "You're not too tired? You look absolutely shattered. We can go tomorrow."
"Are you sure?" he asked.
"Yeah," I smiled again, giving his hand a little squeeze before going back over to brush my hair.

He lifted himself off his bed and walked over to my bed, sitting next to me. "Here," he took the brush from my hand, "Let me help you."
I didn't complain. I simply closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of someone brushing my hair. And for some reason, with him brushing my hair, it felt... better... Better than when mother brushed my hair. Better than when Raia did. I had no idea why, but it just did. And I liked it.

Spoiler! :
Sorry this one is short :/ I'm a little busy at the moment

24 Reviews

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:02 am
Basil says...

Reijati

I stroll through the school, hands deep in my pants pockets, head down. I have a music class this afternoon. It isn’t for another hour, so I thought I’d kill some time by going for a walk. The music block is near a lovely grove of fruit trees, and I’ve been itching to walk through here for a while. My bare feet sink into the soft grass, and I let out a contented sigh. The feel of this world is very different to home. I don’t know if I like it here. But six more months and then I can go home. So while I’m here, I’m going to make the most of it and try to enjoy it here. I’m just glad I have another Snake to share my time with.

Max is a curious one. I’ve never met another Snake like her. She definitely didn’t grow up in a Tribe, yet she acts like a Tribe born Snake. Her mother probably went rogue when she became an adult. I can’t understand why any Snake would want to leave their Tribe, though. In a Tribe, our family and friends look out for us. I couldn’t imagine my life without my Tribe.

Finding a spot to sit on the grass, I plop down and lean my back against the trunk of a tree. I let my silvery eyes rove across the small clearing, and let them stop at the edge of the tree line. It’s very beautiful here. I could get used to this, I suppose.

“Oh, hello,” a quiet voice says above me.

I turn my head to look at the speaker. It’s a small, slender girl with pale hair and eyes. She’s pretty enough, but it’s obvious she’s a human. I smile at her and watch as her cheeks turn bright red. On the inside I cringe. Human girls are either all over you in a second, or start blushing and stuttering as soon as you look at them. That’s the other reason I enjoy being around Max. She treats me like I’m nothing special, just another creature living their life in this world.

“Am I sitting in your spot?” I ask the girl when she fails to say anything.

Her red cheeks go brighter. “Oh, um no, I just … well I didn’t expect to see anyone else here, I um … I just thought I was going to be alone,” she babbles.

“I can leave if you wish,” I hope she says yes. Her stuttering and blush is really starting to piss me off. I want Max back. Or Cassy. She can deal with me really well.

“Oh, no, no you don’t have to,” the girl blurts. “You can stay if you want. I’m just going to be studying is all.”

“Okay,” I try to sound cheerful.

I’m really too tired for this shit. If she were a Snake-Child, it would either be, ‘I’m sitting here, you don’t have a choice’, or, ‘Well, I’m female and I have some time to kill. You’re male and you have some time to kill …’ and that would be that. Actually, there have been those rare occasions when a Snake has said to me, ‘Wanna talk?’ It took me by surprise, but he was a really cool guy, and we became fast friends.

The girl sits down nearby and opens her books. She starts to mutter under her breath as she reads and writes, and I hold in an aggravated growl. I stand up silently and walk away, into the trees. I push my way through the branches, and a piece of fruit falls to the ground. Whoops. No point letting it go to waste. I pick it up and rub it on my shirt before taking a bite. Flavour explodes over my tongue and the juice from the flesh runs down my chin. I find myself laughing as I wipe it off my face, and study the fruit. It’s large and fuzzy, with yellow and dark orange mottled on the skin. The flesh is a rich yellow, and very soft. It’s probably one of the tastiest things I’ve eaten since arriving here.

“That’s a peach,” a voice says behind me. It’s so full of confidence and, ‘I don’t really care’ that I can’t help but smile as I turn around.

“Peach?” I ask, sounding the word out. It has a nice ring to it.

The girl half way up a ladder with a basket on her arm looks at me and nods. Human. Again. But she is assessing me, like I could be dangerous. And there is no sign of a blush on her cheeks, or a sly look in her eyes. This is different. She climbs the rest of the way down the ladder and walks over to me. She’s a much smaller than me, probably standing at five foot six, with curly brown hair and narrowed, green eyes. She is quite attractive, and would probably be a Recognised – cat people – if she were Rakshan.

“Yeah,” she eyes me up and down. “You’re not a human, are you?”

“Nope,” I pop the ‘p’ and take another bite of the peach.

“What are you?” She asks.

“I’m a Snake-Child,” I tell her, smirking. “I’m from Raksha.”

Her eyes widen. “Are you doing Rakshan studies?” She asks me.

I give her a deadpan look. “If I am from the planet, do you think I’d need to learn about it?” I ask her.

She looks away, blushing softly. “Right, of course,” she chuckles. I think I like this girl. Much better than the muttering, blushing one from before. “Well, there is a Recognised in my class, and two Native Laxians. There is a lot you can do.”

“What do you do in Rakshan studies?” I ask, intrigued. Max might like to know too.

“A lot of map work, culture and learning about the flora and fauna. Although that’s what first years do. This year I’m learning about the Gods and Goddesses,” her green eyes widen as she looks up at me. “Is it true that the legends about the Gods and Goddesses are based off fact?”

“Somewhat, yeah,” I nod. “But mostly the main ones. Like the two suns and four moons. They really were Gods and Goddesses. And Septus, the Snake God. He was real.”

The girl grins wide. “Are you a direct descendant?” She asks.

I shake my head. “No,” I chuckle. “I’m actually half Recognised, believe it or not. That’s why I’m more muscular than most other Snake-Children.”

She eyes me up and down again. “Yeah, you’re half Faraxian. That explains the Indian accent,” she chuckles. “I’m Andre, by the way.”

“Reijati,” I wipe my hand on my pants before offering it to her to shake.

“A very Faraxian name,” she winks at me.

“You seem to know quite a bit about my home world, Andre,” I give her a dazzling smirk, showing off my fangs and the dimple on my right cheek. This gets a reaction out of her. “How much do you know about Snake-Children?”

“I know enough to be cautious of your advances,” she retorts.

Feisty. I like. “So you know why I’d show an interest in you?” I wink at her.

“I know you’d have your way with me and then leave me,” she raises an eyebrow.

Ouch. “No, I’d want to be your friend,” I take another bite of my peach. “You’re very intriguing. But I wouldn’t mind seeing you without clothes on.”

Her face goes red. “You’ll have to do better than bat your eyelashes at me,” she says firmly.

“Okay,” I smile wider. This could be fun. “I’ll see you around, Andre,” I give her my best, most charming smile yet.

“You better,” she gives me a challenging look. “I’ll be keeping my eye out for you, Reijati.”

“Good,” I wink at her and spin around to walk away, finishing the peach, and heading off to my first class of the day. That was certainly worth the walk.

I wonder how Max is going.
Of course I am.
Why?

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:53 am
Seigmeyer says...

SASKAJARRU

I figure after the events of yesterday, I should probably go check on snake chick, probably the nice thing to do.

I get up and make my way out of my shack, and walk over to the path, and continue over to the school store, where I first met her.

I knock on the wall.

“Hey”

No-one answers.

I’m assuming that she isn’t here.

“A LITTLE HELP, MAN?!!” I heard a woman’s voice, obviously agitated.

I walk into the store, and stumble across….a leg.

A leg.

Great.

“HEY CAN YOU BRING THAT TO ME?” The voice asks.

I pick up the leg and walk over to the lady.

I use my infrared to scan her, and she’s cold. Dead cold, and some sort of fibre is messing up my ‘scan’ , of which is sewn through her skin at most joints and her chest.

I think she was sewn together. Nice.
“HELLO? CAN YOU FOR THE LOVE OF GOS HELP ME SEW MY LEG BACK ON?!” She barks at me. She’s rather feisty.

I reluctantly kneel, and ask for something to sew her up with.

She hands me a ball of sutures, and a sewing needle.

“All righty” I say under my breath. I wasn’t disgusted, there was very little blood, as she seems to kinda not be alive. The whole zombie bit had me a tad disturbed.

I begin sewing, a small pop every so often when I punctured the skin. She didn’t react to pain.

“So…uh” I begin to start a conversation while I’m sewing a limb back on.

“You some sorta zombie? I ask.

“HEY THAT’S RUDE YOU ASSHOLE!” she yells at me.

“Yell at me again, and I’m taking you apart and scattering the pieces. “ I inform her. I smile.

“What’s your name girlie?” I ask.

“P-Piper, Lady of I-I-Iron” She responds quietly.

I’ve scared her. GG (good game) Saskajarru.

“I’m Saskajarru, and um…….uh….sorry I guess?” I make a feeble attempt to apologise.

Judging for her face this Piper is not happy with me.

I hear slithering coming towards me. I quickly finish up stitching up Piper’s leg and turn around.

It’s Snake lady.

“Hey you!” she says, with a huge smile on her face.

“Hey” I say back, while cracking a small smile.

Out of freaking nowhere, I feel some something rather metallic and barrel like.

A gun.

She’s got rather poor luck, picking me over snake lady.

“Gimme all your money! I need it to get outta here! I need to get away from you!” the zombie lady said.

“Well then, fire” I say, with a lower, more fearsome voice.

A gunshot reverberates and echoes around the store.

I turn around, and look her in the eyes, or at least tilt my head down to meet her gaze.

“oh really?” I ask.
“Oh Shit!” she exclaims
I pull my head back, and put a absolute crap-ton of force into a head-butt, and make contact, with my forehead connected with hers, sending her flying, making her crash into a wall.

After a couple of seconds, and the dust settling, I walk over to the wall.

Bits of corpse lady everywhere.

“WHAT THE HELL ASSHOLE?” Piper yells at top of lungs.

I knew it, she can’t die.

“all righty girlie, you calm now, or do I need to wipe you from existence?” I ask, nicely….Nice-ish….kinda.

“SEW ME BACK UP OR I”LL……” she begins.
“Do what?”
“I’ll….”
“Get wiped from existence?”
“Yeah….” She says meekly.

I look over to snake lady, and she’s friggin’ mortified. Granted, there’s lady everywhere, but you know, she isn’t dead, so… silver lining.

“S-S-S-Saskajarru, be n-n-nice, and s-s-s-s-s-s-sew the c-c-corpse lady together again…P-p-p-lease?” Snake lady asks me. Well, she seems really scared.

“Well, Piper, Today’s your lucky day, you get to get back together with yourself. So, you know be happy and shit.”
I say that with the most amount of sarcasm I can muster.

I grab the sutures and needles, and get to work, sewing Piper back up again.

After about an hour of puncturing her skin, sewing her up and having to calm down the Snake lady, I finally finished.

“Um, you missed something….” Piper says nervously.

“What?”
“My-My, Boobs.” She mumbles.

Oh

“Oh….OH”

Yeah, she looks more flat than usual, at least that’s what my scan shows.

I search and feel around for some, uh, ‘soft skin parts’.

I took me a while, but with the help of a reluctant Snake lady, we found Piper’s Soft Skin Parts.

To think that I would be holding a boob, in an attempt to sew the thing back on to a living corpse lady. Shit, I need a hobby.

I place it on her chest, where the breast meets the chest, and begin sewing. With each puncture of the skin she lets out a whimper, and a little blush forms along her face. After about 2 minutes of sewing the first one on, I have to cut the suture, and with out scissors, I have to use my darkness to materialize a knife, and cut the suture, and I move on to the next one. After having her whimper and squirm for about 5 minutes, I finished.

I get up and take a few steps back, and turn to Snake lady.

She left.

Great.

Well I tried.

I turn back to the Piper, and I notice her blushing via a flush of blood and heat in her cheeks.

“Why are you blushing?”
“I-I-I-It’s not like I l-like you, B-B-Baka.” Piper says, while holding her hands.

“Did you just go full meme on me?” I ask her.

“How did you know?” she responds.

“ I’ve been around a looooooooooong time, so I know these things.”

“Exactly how long?”

“Since ever.”

“So you're like me?”

“No, just kinda unable to die.”

She takes on last look at me.

She runs off, and leaves me in the store alone. I begin to head back to my shack.

Well that was weird.

Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.
— Emily Dickenson