z

Young Writers Society

'We Walk These Worlds Alone'

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:22 am
Dreamery says...

It is June 23, 2240.

There are no global conflicts upon Earth.

There are no energy crises upon Earth.

There are no issues upon Earth.

There are no humans upon Earth.

"We are the banes of our own existence."
Spoiler! :
It had always been predicted that, eventually, we would fully exhaust the resources that the world had to offer. It didn't seem possible at the time that they would, as we had conquered other hurdles previously. And, to those that believed that we would, it would surely be far beyond the years of several generations to come. Briefly: it wasn't our issue to solve; that was a predicament for another time, another year, another people entirely.

Unfortunately, that was our grave mistake. With a growing population coupled with the overuse and increasing demand for resources, our planet simply could not withstand it. Ecologist refer to it as a "population threshold." Others regard it as a "breaking point." Of course, there were other issues--pollution, war, and whatnot. But, that's to be anticipated from a species so flawed.

"We expect to save ourselves."
Spoiler! :
With a species so adamant, however, we could not help but rescue ourselves from our burdened existence. Rather than accept the fact that there was an issue, we fled like the cowards we all knew ourselves to be. The minority of the world--a small percentage of either the elite, the lucky, or the trained--looked to the stars for assistance.

They betrayed their own people.

The small population of what would soon become the remnants of Earth boarded shuttles--advanced for two centuries ago, but standard for our time--bound for other planets within our system. Every celestial body that was deemed "reachable" was colonized and exploited as soon as they arrived. To be anticipated.

"But, our technology will be our true saviors. We are our technology."
Spoiler! :
At the time, technology was relatively advanced. We possessed two centuries to invent and innovate. Things that were once fantasy become a reality: paper-thin tablets composed entirely of glass, cures for diseases that were once inconquerable, advanced computers able to accommodate exobytes. Truly, we were a species for too intelligent for our own good.

However, the technology that was responsible for allowing us to survive was courtesy of Texonic Earth, a company accredited for a great many things including the colonization inventions that allowed our people to live. For, unlike upon Earth, they dwelled within domed cities interconnected by tubes and metros with augments to their environmental suits that allowed them to find some comfort within the world. And, more.

"When we do locate some comfort, it will again slip from our grasp."
Spoiler! :
One would believe that with the technology available and the realization our stupidity caused this mass displacement, humans would remain docile enough to collaborate with one another to create a more pristine society. As one would imagine, that never occurred. Colonies were prone to warring with one another to compete for resources. Politics were resurrected upon a mass, galactic scale. And, capitalism was as alive as ever, what with the human population dependent upon them to survive For instance:

I. Texonic Earth, the technology firm responsible for humanity's survival.
II. The Merc Corps, the primary military force employed by colonies everywhere.
III. Transit, a company tasked with providing interplanetary travel.

Competition was rampant. Soon, these companies would become as obsolete as the politicians that endlessly vie for positions of power. Of course, everyone bears their tactics for attrition.

"It is obvious that we walk our worlds alone."
Spoiler! :
Again, the human race is destroying itself. It will only be a matter of time before we either realize it, or we're gone.

How will you survive?

Colonists:
Spoiler! :
I. Lina Rosemary, @Tuesday
II. Kimberly Harrison, @Editor
III. Cole Edith Manser, my character
IV. Reserved for @CarsonTheArson
V. Reserved for @Reneia
VI. Jayleen Grep, @jumpingsheep

I will supplement the list with more positions if necessary.

Submit characters within any format that you please. Be as informative as you'd like!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm
View Likes
Editor says...

• Walking along the street, I take note of the crowd fearfully staring into the sky and, being curious of why, I do as well. There is a shuttle entering the colony and, although not particularly irregular, the nose is angling down towards the base of the clock tower. Swiftly, I move to the wall of a rather tall building, gripping the rough material and pulling myself upwards as fast as I possibly can. Reaching the top, I race across the rooftops, wishing to get a better look at the crash and how it happened.
• I dart from roof to roof until I reach a concrete ledge protruding from the wall of a much taller building. Although this may be the risk I take that ends my life, I step onto it, trying my best not to take a peek at the ground far below, but I can't resist and my gaze drifts downwards. Instead of the shuttle, many eyes are now on me, but I ignore it and ease across the overhang, soon reaching the other side and continuing my journey.
• I stop abruptly due to an obstacle. The area ahead of me is a construction zone, with many pieces of equipment and unfinished building pieced together with holes in between and unstable platforms, which could ultimately lead to my death. Taking many paces backwards, I sprint forwards and then leap, then landing on a steel beam. Hastily, I rush forwards, placing one foot in front of the other across the beam and then jump again, making it to the other side.
• Finally, I reach my destination and I stand firmly on the edge of the rooftop, looking below to the foundation of the clock tower, and then above to the shuttle. Through the window of the shuttle, I can see the pilot slumped over in his seat, unaware of the current situation, and many questions appear in my head. Was it an accident or sabotage? This question would have to be answered for this mystery to be solved. The shuttle collides with the clock tower, and I see at least a thousand people killed on impact. I rush down the building, hoping that I will be able to save some lives at least.
Last edited by Editor on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
ï' ø вøɾε

6 Reviews

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:26 pm
View Likes
Dreamery says...

His office was vastly different than most others upon Mars. Whilst it was spacious and dimly-lit, so as not to inhibit the visibility of the monitors that lined his desk and the holographic projector stretched across the back window, it provided much more of a view than any of its counterparts. From this position, he could view the entirety of the expansive Luxxon Colony below. The domed areas were radiantly illuminated by the artificial lights that replaced the sky; although, the dusty Martian "sky" beyond was visible.

Most of the terrain upon Mars had been terraformed in order to accommodate colonization modules and industry. However, as a result of a string of contacts that Cole had been saving for a rainy day, he was able to employ a company to revert a bit of land to its original position: inclined and hilly--courtesy of a friend. From that point on, he constructed the headquarters of Exodus Revolution, which was, truthfully, of a slighter size than most. However, it was certainly on-par with most of the Luxxon Colony, from a technological standpoint. More oxygenating equipment was present within his office alone than within most buildings, as it was situated some ways above the Colony's dome.

Cole was content with the distance from the rest of the world; it caused him to feel superior, in a sense. Looking down upon everything was a wonderful way to spend the time, condensing everything; rationalizing and considering options was certainly his forte. And, with a whole system to manipulate, what could possibly obstruct him? In fact, one of his plans was already set into motion...

A distant blast was audible, Cole hovering one of his hands within the air, pinching to diminish the light of the holographic screen. Some ways from Luxxon Colony, great billows of smoke and flame filled the air. Pieces of a shuttle were plummeting from the sky. With a smirk, he reinstated the wall, tuning it to the live feed from another colony with a combination of gestures.

The scene was chaos: fire and brimstone rained from the sky, down into piles of mangled rubble and viscera. Individuals sprinted to and from the scene, attempting to recover survivors. The crash reduced a significant portion of the municipality to debris. It was perfect...

The shuttle was sponsored by Texxonic Earth--Exodus Revolution's primary competitor.

"Time to get going," Cole muttered, prompting the squadron of scientists and workers standing nearby to board transcolonial shuttles to the crash site.

Appearing within pristine, white environment suits with gas masks, Exodus Revolution expeditiously offered relief with medical equipment, constructive technology, and an innumerable quantity of other items.

And, not Texxonic Earth.
Last edited by Dreamery on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 pm
View Likes
Tuesday says...

Lina Rosemary

"Linny, wake up!" A voice yelled. I groaned, turning to a window. My eyes stung from the suns outside, burning my face as I shielded my face. I tried to see who was calling my name but the sun blinded me.

"Oh! Sorry bout that, Linny!" It shouted, quickly closing the curtains. I sighed, letting my hand fall on my lap while I looked up to see my nanny robot, her fake metal smile and alarm beeping. I waved my arm band across her stomach, silently the alarm as she made some clicks and started to move out of the room to the door.

"You must get up now!" the robot yelled cheerfully. I rolled my eyes, falling onto my bed again and grabbing a pillow. I could hear the robot beep and roll out of the bedroom- I peeked out from under the pillow, waiting to see the robot nanny again. I sighed, throwing the pillow onto the floor and feet; the cool wood made my feet shiver as I yawned.

Long day ahead and the first thing I am being yelled at. Great. I thought, getting up from my bed to go to the window. I peeked from behind the curtain into the Jupiter's surface dazzling with the sun's rays, almost blinding as in the distance I could see the Great Red Storm raining since forever. I sighed, closing the curtain and decided it would be best to go downstairs for breakfast or lunch or maybe both...
~-~

When I got downstairs, the nannybot was making breakfast of dry Jupiter ferns and clean water from who knows. I walked quietly behind her, the floor giving my position as the nannybot clicked and spun around to see me.

"There you are, Linny! I thought you jumped out the window and onto the surface!" It yipped cheerfully, as a few clicks and murmurs it turned around. I frowned before walking past nannybot into the library.

I rather do that then be here, I grumbled to myself, soon feeling the humid and old-smelling place of the shack. I sighed, grabbing a book and sitting on a nearby chair. Only way to escape nannybot, only way to never deal with her, and to forget about this place.

Suddenly there was a beeping- a loud beeping- coming nearby. I didn't even get to open my book when I looked down and groaned. I pressed the watch, sliding a couple of times before my eyes grew wide; this would be my way out.

Nearby place in Devil's Crater, a scientist named Ti Wes has discovered a little planet named Texxonic Earth on the far side of the planet Jupiter. It has been said that this planet- whatever is on it- has sent a message to him, saying anyone is wish to come here, all you need is a pair of clothes and air- lots of air.
..if you wish to go to this new planet, please press the red button on this watch after this news report.

I just found my way out of here. Nannybot came into the library, her gears clicking and moving.

"Brelunner is ready!" her face mouth lit up, as she motored out.

After lunch, I shall go. Go to this planet and- and pack! I thought as I walked behind nannybot.
Last edited by Tuesday on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:09 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Stowing away on a Transit wasn’t exactly my favorite mode of transportation, but it sure beat paying the steep fare.
It’s like a coffin in the cargo hold. I’m pressed between several bags and boxes, and my neck is stiff from lying against a crate marked "Texonic Earth-- Handle with care".
The cargo hold air is stuffy and stale. Sweat makes my shirt cling to my back.
I climb over a mountain of luggage and try to find a better place to sit. The shuttle must be packed; I’ve never been in a cargo hold with so much luggage before. Something growls in the dark. I stop and listen closely to try and make out what it is. Someone must have brought a pet with them. I shudder, remembering the time a pet got lose in the same cargo hold I was hiding in.
I have the scars to prove it.
The ship lurches and I tumble back. I hear a muted voice over the cabin PA system. “Now entering the Martian atmosphere. Please remain seated.”
Dang it.
The cargo hold grows hotter as the ship breaches the tops layer of the planetary atmosphere. I can hardly breathe now, and I have the sensation of being slowly crushed to death.
A minute passes and the heat continues.
Shouldn’t we have finished entry by now?
The ship lurches again and luggage tumbles down off the haphazard stacks. I crawl to the back of the cargo hold, fighting against…
Gravity?
The luggage slides across the floor, piling up at the front of the hold. I cling to a door handle, as the incline increases.
I hear a mechanical screeching and then a snap.
Holy Washington, I’m going to die.
There’s screaming in the passenger cabin now, as a soothing female voice says “Crash sequence initiated. Please remain in your seats.”
Okay, I’ve seen worse. Remember that crash on Europa? Heck yeah, that was—
The ship shudders and I flip the lock on the door.
The luggage doors swings open and air rushes by me.
A crash is survivable in the back of a shuttle, where the cargo hold is. As long as I make a run from the crash site the second we touch down, I should be alive. Banged up, but alive.
I watch the city fly by as we descend. My eyes land on a figure watching us from the roofs below, watching us as we soar by overheard. What the—
KABLAM!

Shrapnel flies past and I duck back into the cargo hold. We must have just hit a building. The last few seconds before the crash is complete chaos.
My stomach drops as gravity takes its final hold. We’re not flying anymore. Now, we’re just falling.
The ground rushes to meet us and I cower in the hold for a final time.
Impact.
I’m thrown across the hold and my shoulder slams against a wall.
That’ll leave a mark.
Immediately, there is the familiar sound of fiery explosions and all around, good old-fashioned disaster.
I jump out of the hold, drop to the ground and start to run. A girl with wavy, brown hair, about my age, rushes towards me.
“Are there any survivors?” she asks.
“You tell me,” I answer waving my hand towards the shuttle. I’m not risking my life to save survivors. Not again.
As she runs towards the shuttle, I want to ask if she is the same girl from the roof. She sure as heck looks like her. I see medics pull up to the scene, followed closely by the media. Never mind that inquiry, I guess.
C’mon, Jay, time to fly.
hello there

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:19 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Whiz

////Sequence 1

[5:00:00 P.M]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Startup Complete

Whiz woke to the sound of Mozart. He sat up, then stopped, preferring to listen to the soft melodic tunes of the Master. The soft, almost taunting tunes of the violin made him smile and bought a sense of content to his nex--

No, not content. He felt happiness.

"Caution! Schedule breach in T-5 minutes!"

Whiz sighed, and got out of bed. He slung on his vest, which hung on the coat rack, two pegs to the left of the center. It was the only thing he slept without as it caused discomfort and strain on his--

"Caution! Schedule breach in T-4 minutes!"

Whiz shook a fist at the intercom he had installed across his house, hoping in vain to silence it. Sometimes he hated his schedule.

But its certainly on time. You wont be in a matter of minutes.

Whiz opened the door and was met with the familiar roaring of the Storm.

Sadly, it was only that. The storm raged outside the dome, keeping the inhabitants of Lazarus V safe from the deadly soup of chemicals. Whiz's path went outside the dome as per Protocol. Protocol dictated Mozart at exactly 6:00:00, protocol dictated the two hour walk he would take into the storm. Protocol dictated tha--

Shutup and take your walk.

Whiz shook his head, slightly puzzled at his own annoyance.

You've gone over every aspect of Protocol, just take your walk. Wouldn't that be more refreshing?

Whiz trudged forwards, following his usual route by memory. Eventually, he found the exit to the colony. It was more of a trash chute than anything, a small tube that struck out into the storm.

Without a moments hesitation, he pushed open the exit and let himself fall out into the seething mist.

Whiz fell for exactly 6:45:09 seconds. Then, he activated his stabilizers. Instantly, jets of white hot fire, shout out from all sides of his legs. Whiz felt himself leveling out. The jets, though small, were quite strong together and could stop approximately thirty thousand pounds.

Soon, he was upright, drifting alone among the clouds of particles. He started forwards, slowly moving forwards and onwards.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:04 am
jumpingsheep says...

I eventually end up on the outskirts of the Luxxon Colony, in the under levels located against the dome.
It’s a far cry from the inner parts of the city. The buildings here were constructed during the second housing crisis, which means they were built with limited time and limited materials.
The streets here are narrow, crowded with inhabitants, travelers, and criminals. There are even some Corpsmen here, with the emblem of the Merc Corps emblazoned on their dusty uniforms. Vendors line the street, peddling wares, children push through the crowds, some clutching stolen items, and taverns are filled with all types of interesting folks. It’s the Perseids Tavern I’m heading to this afternoon. I have two days before I can pick up another connecting flight to Enseladus, my original destination. The tavern is as good place as any to start my two days of exploration.
In the Perseids, I end up meeting up with a contact I’ve had on Mars since I first left the Merc Corps.
“Jay!” she greets me, coming out from behind the bar to give me a hug. “What brought you down over here? I thought you weren’t supposed to come back until next year!”
I shrug. “Ship happened. I’m only going to be here for a few days.”
Lena raises an eyebrow. “Ship happened? Tell me you weren’t involved in that crash earlier.”
“I wasn’t involved, per se, not like the asteroid incident, but yeah, I was there.”
Lena rolls her eyes and hands me a slip of paper. “There’s this guy looking for a hacker, trying to steal some files or something. Now that you’re here, do you want the job?”
I shrug and take the slip. “Wouldn’t hurt I guess. Maybe I can actually buy the ticket for my next flight.”
Lena laughs and I leave the tavern, throwing out the job offer as I do so. I haven't been on Mars in months, and I don't want to spend this... shore leave... working. Maybe I’ll go back to the crash site. Do some investigating. I have forty-eight hours to kill.
I start to walk back to the crash site, the smell of smoke getting stronger as I approach.
hello there

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:35 pm
StupidSoup says...

Whiz

//// Sequence 2

7:00:00 A.M

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being inside a storm was something few ever experienced. Every sound was reduced to a dull, hollow ringing. Perhaps you could say it sounded like a church bell from a distance, ninety-three percent of people who had been inside a storm and lived would agree with you.

Whiz however, thought it sounded like far off thunder, Only four percent of people agreed with him. That would leave one percent undecided.

One day maybe he would talk to that one percent.

Whiz floated onwards, nearing the massive eye of the storm.

Perhaps we could stay in here for a while longer?

Whiz shook his head, that would be breaking protocol.

But its lovely here! Look at the different shades of orange and yellow, red and white, even a little pink!

It was a beautiful sight. As far as the eye could see in all directions there was a magnificent blend of colors. Whiz reached his hand out and passed it through a wisp of orange dust. It split apart and swirled into a larger yellow cloud, blending into a tan color before being taken by a red mist.

Whiz stopped, mesmerized by the perpetual movement of the storm. Nothing stopped, nothing settled.

We could spend an eternity in here.

Whiz shook his head again, a slow sorrowful movement.

And why not? No one would miss you. In the storm there is no need for money, no need for anything!

Whiz continued walking.

I would need repairs.

Is that really why?

Yes.

He floated along, still somewhat entranced by the swirl of colors. How could something look one way but be another? Like the storm, it looked like a wonderland but it would rip you to death the instant you fell into it.

Whiz entered the eye of the storm, the wind lessened to a pleasant gust and as he looked up, his receptors exploded with color. In the sky millions of stars shone down on him, thousands of galaxies spiraled endlessly in space. Whiz gazed at it all dreamily.

You could be there!

"Mhmmm..."

You could fly off to any of those stars! You have all the time in the world!

"Mhmmm..."

Nothings stopping you! You could have it all!

"I'd need repairs" Whiz muttered to himself.

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

6 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:25 pm
Dreamery says...

[Placeholder]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Raechal McVictor

Space, as some would say, is big. So big that you can be in one corner of the universe and still be lost. And if you run farther away from space, you are already running circles around yourself.

------

Running was hard. Running from cops is even harder. I mean sure, I just stole a priceless diamond but that doesn't mean someone has to chase me. It is their fault for not having it protecting and their fault for letting the dogs after me which made me throws 'harmless' grenades. Whatever, I guess; I do need some exercise once in a while.
The cops were yelling, their fists clenched and their fat rolls (tighten by the cops uniforms they were wearing and the donuts they ate) while I was ten blocks ahead, my bag lightly bouncing on my side. I could feel the NeHeart Diamond poking through the plastic baggie (how original) as the 'attack dogs' nipped at my heels. I glares down as I kicked them in the jaw once in a while which sent them whimpering and then regaining the power to chase after me.

Ahead of me was the van with my crew members, or rather 'house mates', watching and waiting me.

"I told you this would go horrible," the camera-man Josh said as he turned around in the chair facing Amanda, the make-up artist.
"Shush, she is coming this way... A few miles never killed anyway, I mean she is the fastest person I know."
Josh rolled his eyes, pressing a button on the panel which made a small camera on the roof, zoom in.

I felt my lungs burning with every breath, my legs were burning with the forced idea of no rest. The felt and heard the yelling of the cops, reaching my ears at the speed of sound. I need to stop I thought to myself, seeing a nearby corner that lead into an alleyway. I don't think my crewmates would mind .
I turned into the alleyway as Josh put his hands to his head.

"That isn't according to the script," he groaned. Standing up, he walked over to a stack of papers and picked it up flipping vigorously through it. "What is she doing?"
"Er.. Josh?"
"What?"
Amanda pointed to the screen as a black blob slowly made its way into perspective.
"Is that part of the movie?"
"It is now." he stated quickly jumping into the front seat and going after the black blob.

The cops and the dogs ran past the alleyway, in a search to find me (which had gone horribly wrong in my opinion). I heard the van with Josh and Amanda speed off, leaving me alone once again.
"Great. Always liked to work alone," I said aloud pausing along the alley wall, slumping down. I set the bag aside of me, catching my breath and looking at the clear blue sky. It had been a long day of running and stealing stuff. Same old, same old .

I looked down at my bag, seeing the hard outline of the NeHeart Diamond as I drifted a hand over it. I then slid my hand in my bag, grabbing the plastic baggie, and seeing it finally- it was shining (even when there was no sun) and felt smooth to the touch. I smiled- my mom would have been so mad with me, but would treasure the diamond like it was her baby.
I sighed, setting the diamond on my lap looking at the sky. It seemed to be vibrating very fast or it could have been my eyes playing a trick on me. I stood up walking backwards, as the sky seemed to be shaking from the cold. I looked around, seeing that everyone on the block was minding their own business- picking at flowers, buying flowers, and eating flowers.
Why is someone eating a flower, I thought as i saw a neatly dressed woman walked past me. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she seen the sky. She looked up, then at me, then at the sky.

"Oh it is regenerating?"
"..What?"
"Oh you know. The sky is making a new sky so it isn't always the same old blue sky."
I was perplexed as not knowing the sky- the Earth sky I knew- was regenerating.
"But it is always the same sky on Earth."
The lady let out a laugh.
"You're a funny person."
"How was that funny?" I asked sternly. She wiped her eyes and gave me a pathetic look.

"This isn't Earth. This is Texonic Earth." And walked away, leaving me with my confused face and NeHeart Diamond-that at the time, was glowing and also vibrating.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

54 Reviews

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:22 pm
StupidSoup says...

Whiz

///Sequence 3

Time 12:00:00 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whiz tinkered with the left engine. It had been damaged by a stray laser blast a while back and it had been cutting out ever since. The ship was roundish, with two heavy cannons to each side of the cockpit, floodlights below those, and two light missile batteries mounted on the port and starboard stabilizers.

Spoiler! :

He was going.

Another hour in the storm may have convinced him to stay but mandate dictated another hour would be in breach of protocol. That wasn't to say launching himself into space wasn't a breach of protocol. It was.

Stop! How long have you lived with protocol? It's been your life! You cant abandon it!

Whiz ignored the tinny whispering in the back of his head. He had made up his mind. Protocol was inherently restrictive. A growing mind like his needed to see the world, to experience it and take in all it's knowledge.

You don't have a mind! Just a heap of scrap metal and wires!

Whiz hesitated in the process of reattaching the emergency reverse control. That....that was tr--

No! Just because your mind is metal does not mean your consciousness cannot grow!

Whiz nodded to himself slowly. Yes....yes, he did have a mind, he was not simply a databa--

Stop lying to yourself! You have a glitch, don't take it for sentience. You must be fixed!

Perhaps the glitch is protocol. Maybe you were made to be different, perhaps you were made to have these thoughts.

Pathetic! Perhaps this! Perhaps that! Perhaps nothing, you were not made to be different, you were made to be a police officer, to blindly follow protocol! There is nothing you will learn out there, you have always known exactly what you are. Brok--

Whiz banged his head against the ship.

"NO! I am not broken! You are what is broken!"

Whiz grabbed his sniper, his vest, and a repair kit and threw it into the cargo bay with frenzied haste.

"I am done with arguing, done with talking. I will seek! I will find!"

He closed the bay, and bolted up the boarding ramp.

"And you! You will not stop me!"

Whiz stood behind the cockpit, waiting for a response.

Nothing.

Trembling, gyros whirring slightly, Whiz stepped forwards, still wary.

Still nothing.

With a robotic whoop, Whiz jumped into the cockpit, setting the controls to transport, he fired the engines, zooming upwards.

"You will not stop me!"

He shouted, this time with joy. Genuine joy.

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr