Young Writers Society

Chat Room Apocalypse

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:54 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lumi was screwed if the fate of his mission lay in the hands of a math sheet. And it wasn't just any math sheet. It was fifth grade math, decidedly the worst math of all by at least thirteen percent!

ACH!

With one arm looped over his head, playing with his left ear, the other holding his pencil, he leaned over to peek at @Rydia's paper.

She scowled at him and covered her answers.

"What'd you get for number eight?" he whispered.

"The answer is a poorly-known Nigerian number called nunyabusiness."

Lumi began to write this down before realizing he'd been duped. He growled and erased his answer, but his eraser did that thing that turned his writing into a big gray blur.

"Psst," came a voice from beside him. He peeked up and saw @LadySpark whistling at him. Then she launched a paper football his way, complete with a floating heart emoji to top it off.

He opened the football up and saw, in the most southern of handwritings:

He squinted at the note. All the apostrophes had turned into ms for some reason. Spark whispered again:

"They just don't work in math class!"

Lumi nodded. It was good enough for him. So he thought on it.

And thought on it.

And thought harder.

What's the best way to cause a riot in a YWS math class?

"Oh," escaped his lips as he realized the perfect way to cause a wave of teenagers to come flocking to him. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a capsule he'd stolen from the Dragon Ball universe. He clicked the top, and poof! Out came an acoustic guitar.

Lumi pulled a beret out from under his desk and cleared his throat.

phpBB [media]

This is not Lumi, despite the shared name and hairstyle.

Suddenly, a veritable ocean of YWS ladies came flooding into the classroom. @Kyllorac's eyes grew wide as their desk, computer, and general teacheresque apparatus was engulfed in screaming fangirls.

Lumi looked to @LadySpark and @Rydia with quick nods, and then they took off running with the remaining math prisoners. Lumi stopped for a second to face Kyllorac, grabbing his microphone. "We'll be back for you, Kyll!"

"Curse you, Quadfisher!"

Lumi ducked under the door of the KotGR dormitory door, swiftly closing down on him, and dropped his guitar behind to be engulfed by the fan girls.

"What's the brilliant plan now, Quadfisher?!" Rydia still had her pencil and paper in hand. Spark grabbed it and tossed it on the ground and kept running.

"We keep running until someone twists the plot!" He barked.

Once they were on the surface of YWS City, they stopped for a breather. It was warm and balmy--no wait. It wasn't balmy! Lumi would describe this weather as arid at best.

The three exchanged glances and said, in unison: "@Nate's in trouble!"
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:15 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia was distraught at leaving the math class. She'd been so close to completing the examination and did so love the way numbers wriggled around on the page until they fell into perfectly orderful numberness.

"What's the brilliant plan now, Quadfisher?!" Rydia ran after @Lumi and @LadySpark, her pencil and paper still in hand. Spark grabbed it and tossed it on the ground and kept running and Rydia had to fight the temptation to stop and pick them back up.

"We keep running until someone twists the plot!" Lumi barked.

They ran until they were on the surface of YWS City where they stopped for a breather. It was warm but a bit stuffy, no... arid. It wasn't quite warm enough to be balmy and everyone knew what that meant...

"@Nate's in trouble!"

"I thought you were in trouble," @Basil grumbled. Rydia turned around and saw two feet clad in armour and as her eyes lifted higher, the feet led to a body also clad in armour and a rusty looking sword dangled a little awkwardly from a tattered leather belt. "The weapon's shop was closed," @Basil admitted with a shallow blush and a furrowing of eyebrows that made Rydia feel she should apologise.

"Ah, uh- I'm sorry that we're not in trouble?" Rydia said.

"I'm not entirely certain we aren't," Lumi added in.

"Oh we are most certainly in trouble!"

Rydia turned to their third musketeer Spark because she was surprised that Spark had a deeper voice than expected and that she thought they were in that much trouble. It sounded like lots of really immediate trouble but Spark shook her head and pointed behind them. Ah.

"Uh... you. That is to say YOU are most certainly in trouble because we would be the wrong choice of pronoun and I really don't know why I said that. Terribly embarrassing." Before them was a dark knight in dull armour sitting upon a stormy and intimidating boar.

"Just look at that nose hair!" Spark hissed as she pushed Lumi in front of her who promptly tried to drag the armoured Basil into the foreground. This was easier said than done what with all that armour but by some amazing feat of strength (or wordiness) Lumi accomplished it.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"Why, I am the great and almighty Uknown! And @Kyllorac sent me of course, you did just try to run away from him."

"See, I told you we should have run faster."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:19 pm
View Likes
GavintheLawyerCat says...

The Lawyer Cat stared, with eyes as wide as saucers, at @Holofernes. Behind the sockets the cogs and gears of his feline mind ground and twisted. Little pulses of information shot from left to right. Had he sniffed catnip lately? No? No. So this was, indeed, happening.

"Forgive me if I seem a touch outré, but, you dragged me out of bed for this!?" The tabby hissed while clutching onto @BiscuitsBatchAvoy, claws unsheathed, as his rather odd 'allergy' to mystical enchanted literature kicked in.

A veritable YOUCH! rose from @BiscuitsBatchAvoy, like a spluttering car, and the cat was dropped. But let it not be said that the Lawyer Cat disgraced his feline brothers and sisters that day - for he landed the right way up.

If he was honest with himself the enthusiasm in the air was making his stomach churn with frustration for he just wanted to sleep. Between @BiscuitsBatchAvoy's saccharine role as a Warrior of Justice (or whatever it was she called herself, the Lawyer Cat didn't pay much notice) and @Holofernes's insufferable enthusiasm, the cat felt he had discovered in his two companions a faultless antidote to bedtime and emotional intelligence.

"The Necrobooks must be battled because-" @Holofernes began, but the cat zoned out. Why bother paying attention, he thought, when he'd find out soon enough - there was no way @BiscuitsBatchAvoy would take him home now. He'd just have to grit his teeth and bare it.

"I don't get paid enough kibble for this nonsense..." He muttered indignantly, during the exciting monologue that was surely radiating from @Holofernes at that very moment like some kind of divine beacon of inspiration designed, first and foremost, to deliver confidence to humans and utterly incomparable aggravation to cats.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:14 pm
View Likes
cheeb says...

@chibibo @ran @around @town @looking @for @Lumi @but @couldn't @find @Him @because @he @was @Not @anywhere @to @be @found.

@So @chibibo @just @kept @rolling @around @at @The @Speed @of @Sound @because @he @had @places @to @go @And @had @to @follow @his @rainbow. @He @could @Not @Stick @around, @he @had @to @keep @moving @on. @He @could @ONLY @Guess @What @Lay @ahead, @And @There @was @ONLY @One @way @to @find @out.

Eventually he figured out how to remove all the @S from his sentences, and only use them for tagging members or recording email addresses. He also called his special friend @Nutty who was his special friend because she was hot and made the best pancakes ever.

"Hello?" said @Nutty.
"..." said @chibibo.
"Hel- hello?" said @Nutty, confused.
"..." said @chibibo.
"Who the hell is this?" said @Nutty.
"..." said @chibibo. @Nutty hung up.
"Wait a second," @Nutty said. "I think that was @chibibo."

MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE ELSE:
"Best pancakes ever, eh?"
"Yes, m'lord."
"Excellent!" said the man formerly known as m'lord, but whose real name was Gavin. He wanted to be the Pancake King and he was prepared to go to any lengths to do so.

"I want to be the Pancake King," Gavin exclaimed, "and I am prepared to go to any lengths to do so! Mister T, bring me this @Nutty! I shall make her my wife and finally become the Pancake King!" (Mister T was the name of his manservant. He was not the celebrity of the same name nor was he related to said celebrity, it was just a coincidence. He also happened to be either a goatman or a mangoat.)
"Very good, m'lord," said Mister T. "And after that will you help me become the beloved hero Donutman like you promised?"
"Sure, whatever," said Gavin, barely listening. "Hey, how did we even hear that bit about @Nutty making the best pancakes? I thought that was just narration."

"Oh, there's a very rational explanation for that, m'lord," said Mister T. "You see,

-- ERROR: UNEXPECTED END OF POST
the user formerly known as chibibo

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:55 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lumi had a sudden urge for pancakes, but staring at the knight in armor just plain-out irritated him. He turned to @LadySpark and shoved a thumb over his shoulder at the knight. "THIS is why I stick to poetry, Sizzle."

"I wouldn't exactly say that," @Rydia countered. "I mean, you spend an awful lot of time doing storybookery."

"She has a point, Rhett." Sizzle had produced a glass of sweet tea out of nowhere and was sipping it with a pinkie raised.

"Well that's--I mean I do, but...it's my job!"

Rydia raised an eyebrow. "So you want to exit the Storybook section?"

"No!" he cried, throwing his hands forward. "I just mean--gosh, what do I mean?" He scratched his chin and turned to @Basil, cocking an eyebrow. "Okay. I feel like another plot is happening somewhere else." He took out a small keychain from his belt and clicked a button that made that classic and oft-comedic beep-boop sound that cars make. You know that one, it's like two notes after one another, and you basically hear it in movies whenever someone unlocks their car or summons a device that would otherwise serve as a vehicle. Or maybe it's also the sound that they keychain makes? Either way, that's the sound I'm talking about, and it's what happened when Lumi, who is also Ysayle, clicked the button...and summoned his WARDIS, which stands for

Writing
And
Reading
Deployment
Initiator
Seven

which also meant that there had been, at one point, a WARIO, which he thought would tickle @chibibo's funny bone.

"Get in," said Lumi. "We're going to the B-Story."

The cast groaned in unison, moreso @Kyllorac in the underground bunker than anyone else, since that meant their story was being altered to remove their antagonist-to-the-antagonist bit, even though in this story the antagonists are basically the protagonists...but really, every character is the main character of their own story, so let's check out @LadySpark's point of view.

She poked her head inside the WARDIS and blinked, examining the large and lavish decorations inside. She noticed that Lumi had renovated for Halloween, so there were lots of skeletons and other spoopy things hanging about. She took her head out and took a sip of tea. "Your weird car ain't gonna mess with my accent or charm, is it?"

Lumi hesitated. Spark waggled her eyebrows.

"You...may come out of there with a British accent."

"Oh my dear sweet baby Jesus lying there in the manger, cold as Santa's toenails, suckin' on a piece of hay because what else would he chew on, you are really gonna stick me with an old Union Jack?!"

Rydia raised her eyebrows. "And what's so wrong with that?"

Sizzle quietly sipped her tea. "Well, for starters, y'all sound like a buncha--wait, do y'all suddenly want pancakes?"

"Yeah," everyone answered--especially @Kyllorac, who had really only had one line of dialogue in the whole post.

The cast, including @Basil, shuffled into the WARDIS and Lumi did some weird crap to the controls.

For a brief moment, @Jagged stepped out of the back room, scratching their ear like a dog--and I really mean every bit like a dog, even using their foot to do it. However, seeing the crowd that had amassed in the WARDIS, Jag promptly turned around, yawning, and closed the door behind them, no questions asked.

"Where're you takin' us, Rhett?"

The camera panned into Lumi's face, zooming in on his eyes. "The home of @AstralHunter. The lair of @Tortwag and @Robusto. Ladies, we're going to Pokemon."

There was a collective groan throughout the cast, most of all @Kyllorac, who at this point had amassed three lines of dialogue, though one could argue that a groan does not, in fact, count as dialogue, as much as flavoring for comedic response. Regardless, the author would like to count this towards Kyllorac's dialogue count because, in all honesty, there needs to be more equality.

"Fine, fine." Lumi grumbled and recalibrated. "We'll go find one of the Old Gods."

"Like who?" asked @Rydia.

Lumi shrugged and pressed a button. "I don't know. @Crysi or @Snoink or something like that."

"That's fair," everyone agreed. This time, however, Kyllorac was too far away from the main cast for their voice to be heard. It was a bit discouraging.

After a prolonged silence, Lumi looked at the others. "You guys really want to go back and finish off Kyllorac, don't you."

"Yeah," everyone agreed.

He shrugged. "Alright. Let's recalibrate, but we're gonna need reinforcements." His eyes narrowed. "From the only person strong enough to stand up to Kyllorac's snark ability."

Dramatic orchestral music began swelling as the cast's collective eyes widened, realizing who was about to join the story.

"Oh yes!" He grinned, slamming his fist into a button shaped like a unicorn. "We're goin' after @Rosendorn!"
-Shinji Moon

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:42 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

15253 trembled slightly as he walked through the SB Forum.

"Hey! War be da astralz?"

@Verser waved his hands around wiggling like a spineless....thingy.

@MagnificentBastard ignored him and glanced at 15253 for translation.

"He says its strange that we haven't run into astral yet."

@MagnificentBastard nodded and resumed his indifferent stare.

They walked a while longer, checking certain SB's and their respective DT's but to no avail.

"Bud, thar b no astral. We gots ta find da other peoplez."

15253 contemplated this. Perhaps @AstralHunter was busy as he commonly was.

Then it hit him.

"Gais! Da astralz ees gardening!"

@MagnificentBastard sighed in disgust.

"Okai bud -3-7 we go chek da PMDz."

15253 cleared his throat and translated.

"I said @AstralHunter is gardening in the PMD against Tortwag. Perhaps we could look there?"

"Sounds good to me." @MagnificentBastard nodded.

Soon the trio arrived at the massive doors of PMD. Being basically on top of the Hot Topic for a couple months, the SB had grown to magnificent proportion only topped by that one with the highschool rp. Lincolnwood prep or something.

Creaking open the doors, they stepped in and were met by a small group of storybookers.

"Astralzz! We ben lookin foar u!"

@AstralHunter raised an eyebrow while @Tortwag cackled maniacally as his badly drawn spiky plants demolished a Tall Nut.

"HaHA! First blood is mine!"

Astral grumbled about his concentration being broken while Robusto sat overhead, being characteristically mysterious.

MagnificentBastard stepped forwards.

"Hello! We are here to enlist your help in finding the missing moderator Lumi."

AstralHunter blinked twice, clearly a bit shocked.

"Astral! U smrt. U gots to tel us war da Loomi ees!"

Astral nodded.

"Well. I haven't heard of this dilemma but I'm sure we can figure it out together."

He turned to Tortwag who was listening as well, a mischievous grin slowly forming.

"I'm afraid we must halt out war Tortwag. I hope you understand."

the grave robber laughed.

"Don't worry buddy. I can wait. Besides, I think I might do some searching of my own. Expect to see me around!"

So they left. Off once again on their quest.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:52 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

AstralHunter sighed as he continued to backlog all the comments on his yPhone. (He probably hadn't used the term correctly and was still getting used to speaking about himself in the third person, so he used his mouldy, space wolfish powers to send a message that said,

BEAR WITH ME! (Sorry for the all-caps.)

He also wrote a summary of the events he had studied thus far, as well as editing the constant typos that interfered with his work.

AstralHunter's yPhone Summary of Events wrote:Note: Each sentence represents a different scene.

Act 1
♦ An unscheduled, unauthorised earthquake hits Chat.
♦ Lumi [@Ysayle] sets off to investigate, but disappears. He experiences some stuff while being at the place where is held captive. He does mysterious things about nobody besides himself and possibly a couple others know. Lumi appears, along with Rydia, @LadySpark, @AdrianMoon, @Hattable, and @Lylas, in YWS City, where he, Rydia, and LadySpark claim that @Nate is in trouble. He gets everyone into the WARDIS and sets off to recruit @Rosendorn. Main Plot
♦ Holofernes/@Caesar/whateverhewantstobecalled/Ita embarks on a quest to find the missing Lumi, along with @BiscuitsBatchAvoy and some cat [that could sue AstralHunter for calling him some cat]. HCI [deductive reasoning will help with figuring out that abbreviation, by the way] meets with @TheClockworkConjurer in the Grey Area, who then sends him off to find the Wizard in the depths of the Archives, wherein Necrobooks dwell. Subplot 1
♦ @15253 wonders who "Lumi" is. He discovers the identity of this "Lumi". He finds AstralHunter in the garden of one of his many estates located across the YWS-designated interspace and recruits him to find Lumi. Subplot 2
♦ @fortis goes off to investigate Resources. She decides to go all-out Film Noir on the mystery.
♦ @Arkhaion is a teenage non-mutant-ninja dragon who forgot her (as decided, for then) yPhone on top of the logo.
@Rydia ascends the perilous Mountain of Legends to see if Lumi is at the Story Source, but also disappears. She and the others (most of whom seem to have run off) appear in front of @Basil's shop, where an Unknown sent by Kyllorac confronts them. Main Plot Tie-In?? O_O Confirmed Main Plot
♦ @Verser gets idiot-speaked out of the Story Source and ends up in Chat, somehow. He tells his brother and some random MagnificentBastard that he wants to go see AstralHunter [whose notification got lost in the mail].
♦ @Kyllorac secretly does some secret things in their curated confines of the Knowledge Base [probably using puns all the while and confusing people with maths jargon]. Main Plot
♦ The "some cat" (named @GavintheLawyerCat) complains about being dragged along. Subplot 1
♦ @chibibo calls @Nutty. Subplot 1

Act 2
♦ Yet to be started. [I'm skipping to it anyway.]

Colours are important! [But good grief, this cast is long. Bloody director has too big a budget... *sees director edit text* That's my job! *uses gravity to move director back to his chair* Rude... Humph.]
HCI
Biscuits
Some cat [XD]
DeeDemse
Somebody who changed their username
fortis
Ark
Rydia
Verser
ScarlettFire

After collapsing from exhaustion and reviving a few hours later, AstralHunter saw 15253 and Co. had left for pancakes, leaving him alone with his plants. The Tall-Nut narrowed his eyes at him, but the other plants mostly just shot him glances before resuming their conversations.

"You know what?"

"What?" one of the Tall-Nuts asked.

"Hey, I was busy rambling!"

"You did ask a question, and you were looking at me."

The Space Wolf [that's the AstralHunter, for those who don't know] glared at the vegetable. "Are you going to let me finish, now?"

"Sorry. Go ahead."

"Finally! As I was saying, I am in no mood to go off on an adventure anymore, so I'm going to pour me a drink, listen to the rain, and then lie on my bed."

"How do you pour yourself a drink if you have no hands?" the Tall-Nut asked.

"The same way I tossed the director off the set - by using my self-assigned abilities to manipulate gravity."

"How are you going to listen to the rain if the weather is arid?"

"I'm a Space Wolf; I can move my room to a place where it is raining."

"And how-?"

"You don't have coloured dialogue, since you aren't part of the main cast, so shush!"

AstralHunter strode past the Tall-Nut and entered his estate, performing the actions about which he had rambled. Once on his bed, he wondered what was going on in C.A.M.P., so he levitated his yPhone and backlogged their chats too. At least, that's what he had planned, but since no-one had said anything new, he played a game.

While he was busy, AstralHunter absentmindedly teleported the room next to a waterfall, which he only noticed when he finally placed first in a race at Ice Cracker (where a blizzard worthy of High Hrothgar raged). By the time he returned the room to its rightful place in his estate, night had fallen. He could hear frogs croaking in his pool outside, but everything else was quiet. Further investigation showed that 15253, Verser and the tag-along had still not returned.

"Is this in the script?" he asked the director.

"Hey, don't blame me. This is all improvised."

"But you allowed most of the cast to leave the set."

"So?"

"Ugh, you're useless."

And so, ignoring the director's indignant response and leaving behind a note for 15253 with details of his destination, AstralHunter climbed into his Shroom-Rocket parked on the landing pad beside the estate and ordered the stinky Gloom-Shroom captain to take him to the Lost Cottage in the countryside, where many a traveller had enjoyed the famous Wanderer's hospitality. It was-

"First my dialogue is interrupted, then my narration," he complained, answering the director's call on the yPhone. "What do you want?"

"The crew's taking a pancake break. The camera's no longer rolling."

"Chat is hit by an earthquake and all you care about his pancakes?! Whatever, go stuff your face. I'll have one of my Gattling Pea bodyguards film me."

Turning to said plants, AstralHunter gave one of them a camera which he produced from hammerspace.

"This isn't in my job description."

"Too bad - you are sworn to carry my burdens."

The Space Wolf stepped back and, once the reluctant Gattling Pea focused the shot on his face, adopted a thoughtful facial expression and pose.

If he was to embark on an adventure, he'd need a sidekick who would continuously object to being called a sidekick. Somebody who'd much rather stay at home and eat his shepherd's pie, but was dragged along for comic relief.

@TheClockworkConjurer was the perfect candidate.

"Everybody already knows we're going to his cottage."

"You're spoiling the dramatic end scene!"
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:55 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Never being one to maintain continuity, much less write stories linearly, Kyll forced a brief narrative backtrack to shortly after the math class escapade, where we find a Kyll brooding in the formerly-curated confines of the KB, stewing over the sequence of events leading to the rabid horde of fangirls currently tearing through the tidy articles in search of "that sexy voice", an opinion that Kyll could not share because the grammatical snafus in that song were far too distracting.

("You know that I could use somebody / Someone like you, and all you know, and how you speak", makes sense... how? At least the image of a stare holding up a pair of ripped jeans still containing legs, while completely unintended, was hilarious in its unfortunate implications.)

Kyll curled up tighter and hid in the shadows of the top shelf, a section reserved for announcements and stickies. A section that, in this specific case, thankfully no one spared a glance at (a fact which would annoy Kyll under normal circumstances, but which Kyll benefited from in this instance). Fangirls were much too high-energy and loud for the library setting Kyll carefully cultivated in the KB, so the fangirls needed to go. Preferably somewhere they would be wanted. And somewhere all that energy could be put to constructive use.

And Kyll knew just the place.

Kyll waited for the packs of girls to congregate and then lobbed a link to The Lounge's Your Top 5 Favorite Songs in their midst. In case there were a few fanfic writers among them, Kyll also tossed in links to How To Let YWS Improve Your Writing, Building a Platform, and How to Find Your Audience with some reviewing tips courtesy Critiquing Prose: The Basics and The YWS Reviewing Dictionary with a note stating "Reviews are the BEST WAY to get more readers!" for good measure.

The exodus was violently swift.

Peace was restored to the KB. For now.

Knowing that Lumi (now the very independent Elezen Lady Iceheart, @Ysayle) was very persistent (especially considering all the Kyll mentions in a supposedly Kyll-less post), Kyll extracted Kyllself from the top shelf and trundled over (on a library cart, of course) to Kyll's Secret Vault (Only Kylls Allowed) where a certain Not-So-Secret Weapon was contained. Kyll figured, however, considering its age and Lumi's Sparky (@LadySpark) accomplice, that the lack of secrecy would be a non-issue regarding its potency.

Kyll trundled over to the A Section and pulled out a dusty scroll. A quick glance over its lengthy contents brought a toothy grin and diabolical laugh. Yes. This weapon would be perfect.

[Kyllorac] 3:55 pm: MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:13 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Much to the dismay

of @Rosendorn, Lumi's time-and-dimension machine only worked if The Time Warp was playing. Needless to say, after a few loops of the iconic hipster scene kid song, Rosey had Lumi strung against the wall by the throat.

"Let's stop here!" squeaked Lumi, and @LadySpark obliged by shutting off the controls. The gang spilled out of the time machine in the chat room of the past, where @chibibo sat with @Nutty and considered making a storybook based on a school for heroes-in-training.

"There's no way that'll be popular," cooed Nutty.

@Bloo disagreed. "I see at least six seasons and a movie."

chibibo scratched his chin and grumbled. "I dunno. It's not like some guy is just gonna randomly come along and steal the rights to a franchise to make it popular half a decade after its prime."

It was then that they turned to see the gang pouring out of the time machine, and all blinked between each other.

Lumi swallowed a knot in his throat. "You should make the storybook. But call it...The Academy For Heroes-In-Training."

"That sounds so dumb," the three chatters responded.

"I'm in this timeline too!" called Firearris from the corner.

Lumi looked at his gang and shook his head. "We can't interfere any further!"

@Rydia squinted. "What if we were to take Alteran with us?"

Nutty scoffed. "He's a bit preoccupied with his novel, you know."

"Nah, he'll never finish that thing," called @Squall.

The time-traveling gang exchanged worried glances.

"Okay, fine," Rosey conceded. "We'll listen to the song ONE MORE TIME."

They piled into the police box and turned on the controls, aimed for the present day. After one more loop of the song, they landed roughly in the Knowledge Base library, breaking a shelf of food anthro Q&A threads in half. Lumi was the first out of the box, met with the furious gaze of @Kyllorac.

"Oh, hamburgers." he squeaked.

Kyllorac drew Kyll's claws and grabbed Lumi by the throat, shoving him against the bookshelf. "You and your time traveling!" Kyll spat. "You bent the timeline!"

Rydia, much to the surprise of the others, drew a laser gun and aimed it at Kyll's belly. "Explain. And put the Lumi down. Slowly." She nodded to the floor with her gun.

Kyll groaned and dropped Lumi and withdrew Kyll's claws as Kyll bared Kyll's teeth. "Alteran never published his novel!"

Rydia's eyes grew wide. "What...do you mean?"

"He gave up on it and reduced it to a fanfic series in the storybook section!" Kyll pointed at a portal to the SB section. "You're not even Captain anymore!"

They all peered through the portal into the storybook section. There were over a hundred threads active, and all of them were filled with posts less than a paragraph long. OOC posts abounded. There were ten stickies on the front page.

"What have I done?" asked Lumi. "What kind of fate have I brought us to?"

Rydia twitched and was obviously taken aback by the changes in the dimension. It seemed to physically pain her. In fact, her name began to change--slowly at first, but then all of a sudden.

Lumi stepped back in shock as her transformation completed.

Kitty15

"That's...unfortunate," noted Rosendorn.

"Speak for yourself," retorted Kyll.

Rosey looked above her head to see something unthinkable.

Rosey Unicorn

She promptly turned to Lumi and strung him up against the bookshelf by the throat. "FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY OR I SWEAR TO MOD--"

It was then that the plot twist clicked in Lumi's head. The goal of the evil @Bloo all along wasn't to destroy the chatroom--no, it was much more sinister than that. He wanted to destroy YWS with the chatroom.
-Shinji Moon

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:27 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Not captain any more, it didn't bare thinking about! Rydia could feel her world imploding and then a pain started deep in her heart and it took the midnight train going up her arteries, to the very extremities of her body. She didn't feel anywhere like herself any more. She didn't feel like... like... just what was her name again?

Oh yeah, like Kitty15! Now what had she just been thinking about? Aww, never mind, there were like loads of other thoughts she could think and she thought there were probably some which were thinkier.

Hey, what was everyone staring at her for?

"That's...unfortunate," noted @Rosendorn who looked vaguely familiar, almost like someone she thought she knew...

"Speak for yourself," retorted Kyll.

Then Rosendorn's name changed to Rosey Unicorn - THAT was where she knew her from! Except that something seemed to be upsetting Rosey who turned to @Lumi and strung him up against the bookshelf. "FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY OR I SWEAR TO MOD--"

"Hey, like that's not very nice. Someone should really stop her." Kitty15 looked around the room and waited for one of the others to intercede.

"Well I suppose it's a little harsh-" @LadySpark took a small step forward.

"He definitely deserves it." @Kyllorac folded his arms.

Now Rosey, if you could just, uh... if you might see your way to..." LadySpark tried to negotiate for Lumi's life as he gasped desperately for breath but Rosey Unicorn turned her deadliest of pink deadly glazes on the other mod. "Right. Of course, if it's too much trouble-"

"Woah, what's going on here? Hadn't you better let him down? He's turning purple!" @AstralHunter entered the scene with @15253 and a few other likely suspects following closely behind. "If you don't let him down now, I'll have to call for Captain Adam Atlantian!"

"Oh yes, that sounds like a good idea!" Rydia cheered.

"Captain Adam Atlantian?" LadySpark looked at Rosey Unicorn with confusion who sighed and finally let the purple Lumi down. He gasped in a deep breath, signaled for the others to give him five and then very quickly said:

"The wibbly wobbly time thingy must have changed for everyone back in Kansas so now they know what's real and we're a heart and a brain short of some courage. Except Kyll obviously got covered in pixie dust when we landed, or maybe before we took off, so he has the prime agenda in both timelines and Rydia just couldn't take the shock of the transition and now she's reverted to some kind of former self!"

"Lumi are you feeling okay?" AstralHunter asked.

"There weren't nearly enough puns in that speech," 15253 added.

"Come on," Lumi said. "We've got no time to lose, we have to stop @Bloo now before these changes are permanent!"
Writing Gooder

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:51 am
View Likes
cheeb says...

Something was wrong. мaттsтeя looked up at the label above his head. He wouldn't have minded so much, because it had also happened to everyone he could see, but the label also seemed to be grossly out of date.

"I can't even remember when I changed that," he muttered out loud to himself. He then slapped a hand across his mouth as he realised what had just happened. He wondered briefly if @Nutty had been @affected, and decided to text her and ask.

"User not found," said Siiri, мaттsтeя's phone AI, who shouldn't exist in either this time or this canon but does anyway. Hmmmmm. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE ELSE BUT NOT QUITE SO FAR AWAY AS LAST TIME...
Mister T and his m'lord Graham were travelling somewheres.
"But m'lord," said Mister T in confusion. "I thought your name was Gavin."
"Shh!" said Graham. "There's another Gavin involved. I had to change my name."
"Sir, you're in the running for Pancake King. Surely he should change his name?"
"Ideally, yes," said Graham. "But this Gavin is a lawyer. I ain't messing with him."

Mister T looked uncomfortable. "Sir, I think I have to confess something to you. When I told you my name was Mister T, I - well... I wasn't being entirely honest with you."
Graham looked very concerned. Maybe a little too concerned. "What do you mean, Mister T?"

"You see, m'lord, my real name is..."
"Yes?"
"Is..."
"Yes??"

Spoiler! :
"Mister Tea."

MEANWHILE AGAIN
There was only one thing for it. мaттsтeя would have to restore the flow of time to fix his and @Nutty's names, because clearly no one else with any kind of time-and-space-altering device of their own was going to do anything about it, and certainly not with their own ragtag crew of moderators.

He looked at his device with a certain amount of pride. The phrase "Wyld Stallyns" graced the front of the phone booth, the flux capacitor was fluxing, and there was a fresh slice of pumpernickel bread in each slot of the toaster (he'd briefly considered rye, but dismissed it as the bread of losers).

He stepped in and pushed a series of buttons on the phone. мaттsтeя had decided it would be a very original idea if his device required a certain song to be playing before it would function, and as he pressed the final button the device lifted into the air while its song echoed for literally metres around. Then in a flash, it was gone.
the user formerly known as chibibo

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:58 pm
Rydia says...

This storybook is due to be archived and will be in 3 days if no post is made. A storybook can always be returned from the archives at the request of the storybook owner or any participant. But it's easier to not let it get archived in the first place ;)
Writing Gooder

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind