z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts:Afterwards

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:46 am
rockycait says...

It is the year after the Battle of Hogwarts. Voldemort is dead, the Death eaters vanquished. And yet, although everything is over, Hogwarts is still shattered. It's returning students are broken in ways they never thought they would have been. People are returning to see the ghosts of their fallen comrades, unwilling to part with the dear school. Teachers are more lenient than they have been in the past.
And yet, they must go on. For the first time in what feels like a very long time, there is no immediate danger at Hogwarts. The students are free to do as they wish, the teachers can prepare their final exams in peace, and everything seems to be going over perfectly well. But can it stay that way?

AN: Just looking to have fun on this. Something has probably been done like this before, but if I has, then oh w]ell I'm bringing it back. This is your chance to go to hogwarts as any character you choose. Preferably your own character, or a minor character. Please no main characters.

Rules:
basic Storybook rules

Spoiler! :
Name:
Personality:
Description:
House:
History:
*pictures are nice but not necessary
The world is reality but words help you escape

Spoiler! :
I'm not interesting enough to have spoilers, but that doesn't mean I can't use them!

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:04 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Ivory dumped her handbag on the seat beside her, staring at the crowd of parents and siblings outside the window of her train apartment. That bag held her most treasured items; her locket (though not as deadly as the one she'd heard about in rumours), her diary, the elm wand that had been made especially for her and a pouch of galleons should she get peckish.

Though many strangers gleefully waved to her through the glass, she did not stir. If they did not know her, they had no reason to show her their teeth. Heck, if anyone comes in here they better be agreeable or I'll hex them... well, I'll threaten to hex them at least, she thought.

All Ivory's friends had been sent to Beauxbatons because of the battle which had taken place at Hogwarts only months ago. Ivory understood this, but the Grayspires, however, were a traditional family. Since all her ancestors had attended the school, so did she; it didn't matter that a dark wizard might destine her to wail through the castle walls for eternity.

I hope no one finds out I'm related to that bloody ghost. She gritted her teeth, trembling at the thought that the ghost himself would recognise the resemblance. Vesta made it through though... but only because she dyed her hair.

Ivory pulled a miniature quill (one that was enchanted to never run out of ink) from the side of her diary. She was about to flip the page and write a reminder to owl her sister when she arrived at the castle, when a freckled boy with messy hair stepped into her personal space.

"Hello," he said vacantly and sat opposite her, fumbling with his sweaty hands.

Ivory gritted her teeth and nodded in greeting. "Hello." Then she focussed her attention on the book in her hands and didn't speak another word. Neither did the boy, so she was content enough to let him stay.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:25 pm
View Likes
Gadgetron1 says...

Erin said goodbye to her parents before turning and looking gleefully at the train. This was her fourth time going to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts Express but the feeling of excitement filled her every time. After checking most of the carriages for her friends and not finding them she slipped into an empty one and rummaged through her suitcase for a book before shoving the case in the compartment above her head. She'd also taken out a small purse full of galleons for when the food trolley came past.

She could still remember her first day at Hogwarts perfectly: sitting on the train in a carriage full of strangers. She had tried a few of the wizarding sweets and discovered that she didn't have very good luck when it came to Every Flavoured Beans.

The book she'd taken out of her case was a muggle book as being a muggle born meant she had a great supply of them. As she waited for the train to start moving she began to read the book.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 am
FeatherPen says...

Cat bordered the Hogwarts express with her tall brother tom who hauled on their suitcases. Their mother waved them of from the platform. Tom in year ten had agreed to meet his mates in the ninth carriage. Cat followed him chewing on the end of her hair and clutching her book but once he greeted them and threw the suitcases onto the rack he shooed her off saying "your not hanging around here go find the other first years." The train seemed noisy. Cat took out the pice of paper which bookmarked her book and mutered while she wrote with her finger tip. "Where are you?" Quickly the words "forth carriage" appeared in a messy scrawl. With a glance at her brother who was already laughing with josh and the others, Cat headed off to find her friend Kim. Kim had dibsed a double seat and waved cat over as she entered the carriage. Kim had covered the seat with many sheets if paper which were all covered in her particular messy writing. "Sorry, there my notes" Kim explained while scooping them up so as to make room for Cat. "That's fine" Cat replied. " I don't know what I'll do if we rant both in raven claw" fretted Kim. "We will be" Cat assured and started reading, her butterflies made it to hard to just chat.
Last edited by FeatherPen on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:57 am
Dracula says...

Having completed the letter for her sister, Ivory leant her forehead against the cold glass of the window, admiring the misty green hills of Scotland. It was actually the first time she'd ever been to the country, that she could remember at least.

When Ivory had been two years old, she'd travelled to Hogwarts with her parents to watch her sister, Vesta, graduate. But the only memories she had of the event were newspaper clippings and a witch's hat with green tassles which adjorned the fireplace back home.

'Home' was in England, at a prestigious wizarding village. Her mansion had three floors, and Ivory's favourite place was at the very top. Her parent's had paid a lot of money to have a skilled wizard charm the attic ceiling, turning it into a magnifying glass of the night sky. She had spent countless hours with her friends watching the galaxies swirl and the stars shoot across the sky. I hope the observatory at Hogwarts is as good as they say. Her thoughts of the universe were interrupted when an old lady shrieked from the compartment door.

"Aaaaaaanything from the trolley?" The hunch-backed, prune-like woman was exchanging cheerful glances between Ivory and the boy across from her, who had been so silent that Ivory had forgotten he was there. She eyed the boy, daring him to say something, and pulled some galleons from her bag.

"What would you like dear?"

The boy was either as frightened of Ivory as she had thought, or just wasn't hungry. When he didn't open his mouth, she stood and picked a box of beans from the sweet trolley. "Just these, please."

"Of course, dear." The old lady smiled and took a galleon from Ivory's hand, in which her change of five sickles soon appeared. Ivory loved Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, they were always her first request during dessert. And she had become an expert at distinguishing the good flavours from the revolting ones.

"My favourite is butterbeer." She said to the boy, resuming her position at the window.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

77 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:26 am
FeatherPen says...

The much anticipated water crossing had been choppy. The dark making each tipping of the boat seem larger than it was. Cat was furious with her self because her book had been splashed the point of taking it with her was to keep it safe. Miraculously Kim and her 'notes' had stayed completely dry. Whilst the buildings still showed damage form the previous year there grandeur, lit windows above the inky water replaced the hidden stars, was far from lost. Cat and the other first years huddled in to the row boats and rowdy chatter turned to hushed whispers. The sorting ceremony like wise had flashed past without any of the dramas Cat had foreseen. With Oliviander as her surname she had been near the back but watching the other student’s nervousness had unexplainably calmed her. Quickly it was time for her to walkout, in front of the assembled school, the faces just blurred, the hat went on and cried, Raven Claw, Raven Claw! There was a cheer, though Cat noted it had diminished from the fist few selections. Kim of course was already there. Cat told herself off for not having seen Kim's selection, but it didn’t matter because they were both in the same house anyway. Cat had joined the other first years quietly as the next in line walked out. The Ravenclaws, already seated had seemed nice for the majority; it was good to hear others, beside Kim, talking about study seriously. Grace seemed worth making friends with, but Lara was evidently worth avoiding the attention of. With the ordeal over Cat ate the dinner she hadn’t thought she’d have managed a few minutes earlier. ‘Back to study’ had been claimed the password of the week. “Rather self evident” she thought. It was now lying in the bottom bunk that her mind went over the day, pleased that she unlike some of the muggle born, had known what to expect. Soon thoughts of the next day blended into sleep.

77 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:30 am
FeatherPen says...

Cat had started study in the holidays, by skimming though all books and noting which ones required extra study. As she and Kim agreed it was interesting to look though the books before hand and evidently negligent not to. Now the first week had passed she was feeling happy flinging herself among her piles of books and filling her time table with the extra classes she had convinced Professor Vector to allow her to participate in, despite being a first year. The library had become one of her favourite places as she read though class notes before class there in addition to a substantial pile form the library beyond the set text books.

Already she had annoyed a few teachers; it became her policy to as many questions, which had occurred to her while reading the next years advanced book, as the teachers permitted. After class she would go back though notes and do further research on anything the teacher failed to explain the full theory of. Exasperatingly she found that many important concepts were simplified or even skipped until after the owls. The other raven claws had proved a let down in this regard. Well meaningly she tried having a discussion about the correlations between muggle chemistry and the colours of potions and further more whether this meant that many clear potions were indeed part of the UV spectrum, she had been rewarded with a scathing retort form Lara and strange looks form the others. Luckily Kim had stuck by her and the two of them were ignored by the others. Kim was being ignored to the point of severe rudeness, never did any one move over, at the table when she arrived, say hello or listen when she spoke, at least these civilries were granted to Cat.

Cat and Kim had already prepared summary sheets which they planed to read before exams refer to summary sheets to their jog memory. A general knowledge exam had been issued on the second day assessing pre-knowledge most of the subjects at once. Cat had made herself check over answers three times even the ones she knew she had right. Then she had waited till half the set time had passed before leaving, she knew leaving any earlier would have unnecessarily stressed the other students.

After that exam was when she’d had to convince Professor Vector to allow her to read over the marked paper to establish where she’d lost the 4%. Professor Vector had seemed to think the 4% of the exam she had wrong was of little consequence owing to the fact Cat had toped the class. Cat’s argument that it would be of great benefit to herself if she knew the answers to the 4% incorrectly answered because then she would know the entirety of the years lessons, had eventually lead to Vector agreeing. Subsequently permission to join some electives with the years above had been granted including, the extracurricular studies; music, ghoul studies and advanced magical theory. Kim often unseen accompanied Cat to these where, as always, she was ignored.

Defence against the dark arts was the only class Cat was not excelling in. This was because she told herself “she knew it all” unfortunately the teacher did not seem to share the same opinion. He claimed that she failed to grasp the basics and got the answers by quite the wrong method, before agreeing of course that they were perhaps better answers on the answer sheet. “Never the less” he said “knowing the correct answer is compulsory.” This made Cat fume.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:30 am
Dracula says...

No more than an hour later, Ivory was watching steam puff by her window as the train gradually slowed to a stop. At one point, amidst the white swirls and evening sky, Ivory thought she saw a giant. Surely giants aren’t allowed near the castle! She shivered. Vesta had told her about the frightening creatures in the Forbidden Forest, on the edge of the grounds, but she’d also reassured her that the castle was perfectly safe. Well, her sister had said, as long as you don’t run into the poltergeist.

“Time to go.” A much older looking girl in Gryffindor robes stood in the door way of Ivory’s compartment, an unnatural grin spread across her face. “C’mon, I’ll lead you to the platform.” Ivory stood placidly on her feet, slinging her bag over her shoulder. She strutted past the sixth-year, ignoring the hand which was held out to her.

“Do you have any questions about Hogwarts?” The Gryffindor, who had introduced herself as Ginny, asked when they were pushing past other students in the passage way.

“Are there really giants strolling around the ground?” Ivory asked, her chin held up. She was determined to maintain her family’s honoured reputation. The world can end, but us Grayspires will always been shown the respect be deserve. That’s what her mother had said at King’s Cross, and Ivory considered it her duty to make it happen. “It’s a bit silly, isn’t it?”

“Giants? When did you see a giant?” Her guide asked.

Ivory nudged the freckled boy in the shoulder and shoved past him. People walk too slow. “I saw one on the platform.” In front of her, the crowd turned around a corner and disappeared. She took this as a sign that the door was near, and sped up her pace. Ivory felt claustrophobic sometimes, being surrounded by lesser beings was not fun.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the Gryffindor laughing behind her. It was a mocking laugh and it made her blood boil. “That’s just Hagrid! He’s as dangerous as a teddy-bear. You’ll meet him soon enough.” She wanted to ask why a giant had a name, but Ivory was pulled along with the swarm of students and found herself out the train door, and standing on the platform.

As far as first impressions go, Ivory was quite impressed with Hogwarts. It turns out that Hagrid wasn’t actually a giant, only half giant. He treated Ivory like a princess, helping her into the boat and tidying her robe collar. The boat ride was enjoyable, though she didn’t appreciate that the freckle-faced boy was crammed in with her. The castle was the best part, I can’t wait to tell my parents all about it. From the lakeside, surrounded by the moonless night, Hogwarts showed no evidence of a war. It was just medieval beauty bathed in candle light, and before she’d even stepped inside, Ivory knew that she’d enjoy herself here. Just as long as I’m put in Slytherin. I have to be put in Slytherin.

The sorting ceremony brought no disappointment. “There’s no doubt in here…” the sorting hat had declared in his sing-song voice. Is it even a he? “You’ll have to be… Slytherin!” This was perhaps one of the proudest moments in her life. Ivory’s family had been in the cunning-house for as long as she could trace her history, and now she could also carve her name into the common room wall.

That was something Vesta had told her about. Apparently all the Slytherins, since the beginning of the school, had etched their name in the emerald wall of the common room. Vesta said that the Grayspires had a sort of family tree coming along, in between the Blacks and Malfoys. I’ll put my name right next to Vesta’s, and everyone will see that I’m a Grayspire and do all sorts of nice things for me.
-Demetri Martin

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:27 pm
View Likes
Gadgetron1 says...

They were almost there now, almost back at Hogwarts once more. No matter how many times she'd done this the moments when the train pulled into the station were still an exciting time. Erin and her friends hopped off the Hogwarts Express with grins on their faces. They wished her friends first-year sister good luck in the sorting ceremony and climbed onto the carriages. Between them there wasn't a moment of silence throughout the entire journey up to the castle as they talked about everything and anything, including the muggles and wizard in books they'd read over the holidays and an explanation of Doctor Who for one of the pure-bloods in the group.

The sorting ceremony was fun to watch, though some of the first-years looked absolute terrified. She greeted each new Ravenclaw that she saw with enthusiasm. Erin smiled to herself as she remembered her own sorting ceremony. Hers had lasted a little longer than others as the sorting hat thought she could be in Hufflepuff too but eventually it shouted "RAVENCLAW!" and she had joined that table.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:40 am
Dracula says...

Ivory decided then and there that Hogwarts was her second home. All the Slytherins were polite to her, in a respectable sort of way. She thought it might have been because of her heritage, but it was probably because of all the goodies her parents kept sending her.

"I hope I get sent something," Ivory said, sitting beside one of her new friends at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall. This was the first breakfast that owls would be delivering mail, and she couldn't bare the thought of not receiving anything at all. That would be so embarrassing, my family is meant to be rich.

"You'll get plenty, if your surname is anything to go by." The dark haired girl shoved a cheese-stuffed sausage into the wide mouth.

Sure enough, when the owls started flooding into the hall, Ivory's night-black owl came into view with three parcels tied to its legs. The young Slytherin wondered how on earth it was staying in the air.

"Here, Sixpence!" She called her owl to her table. Sixpence was the name Vesta had given to the owl, after she'd found some muggle coins in a drain and treated them like gold. 'We can get you plenty more than six pence,' her parents had said.

The owl dropped the packages onto the table, one landing on a plate of toast (which luckily hadn't been buttered yet). Ivory eagerly ripped them open, being watched by others around the table. Her mother and father hadn't disappointed, they'd sent enough lollies to last a couple of weeks, and a wizarding comic that Ivory collected. In the last parcel was a dark purple quill and a letter from Vesta.

Ever since then, Ivory had gained a reputation of being spoilt, and after sharing her lollies around the table, the majority of Slytherins had treated her like royalty. Ivory didn't mind one bit. Her only concern was the other houses, she wanted them to know her name as well. That's why she decided to join the gobstones club. She wasn't very good at it, and anxiously waited at the meeting spot an hour early, but she hoped that the club members would like her.
-Demetri Martin

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:21 am
View Likes
TheLittlePrince says...

Aglaïa clutched her trunk tightly. Standing on platform 9 3/4, she felt vulnerable and alien. All around her were people, people who had nothing common with her. Nothing except for magic, magic was something she hadn't believed in. Not until the owl came... She couldn't fathom how a small feathery creature and a piece of parchment could change her life to such an extent. Both her parents were muggles, you see... They were the stereotypical skeptical muggles, her mother was a professor of macroeconomics at the Imperial College London while her father was a physicist at the same institution. Both had dealt with great misery in their lives, her mother had immigrated to the Kingdom from Romania during the revolution in 1989, while her father had migrated from India in search of better opportunities. Their experiences had convinced them against the existence of magic and miracles. So when the letter came, they did something she couldn't have thought of... They had given her the option of going to Hogwarts and being disowned by them or staying with them and forgetting that anything had happened. Now standing among multitudes of strange people, she regretted choosing the former.
i w a s i t h a c a

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:00 pm
Brigadier says...

And there, in a carriage, sat a dark haired girl with no knowledge of what was happening except for the adventures inside her book. People looked in through the windows and some questioned sitting down before moving onto the next row. Besides the book, there was a trunk, a small bag, and an owl in her possession.
As she turned page after page, student after student passed by, no one entering until one.
"Excuse me. Do you mind if I sit down?"
And with that comment this girl awoke from her trance like state and several thoughts passed her mind. Included among these was, what did he just say?.
After several seconds of determining the appropriate response, "Hmm?", was all she uttered.
"Do you mind if I sit down?"
"Of course not."
"I'm Thomas by the way. And you are?"
"Emily."
And after that, they both became silent, both taking up tasks to fill their time. Thomas dug through his bag before finding a school book and Emily resumed her own read. Five minutes passed along with another chapter before Emily put her book into her bag and pulled out a notebook and then a quill. She should have written a journal entry or a letter home, but instead set about the same story idea she had been nursing for months. The same two sentences written over and over again.

The world of magic had changed so much since the Battle of Hogwarts. It's hard to believe it was just a year ago and that so many students decided to continue their studies there.

This time she had written two chapters before Thomas spoke again.
"This is my sixth year in Gryffindor. How about you?"
"Sixth," she paused before the next word, "in Ravenclaw."
"Oh. Maybe that's where I recognized you from, but I could swear it was somewhere else."
"I just have one of those faces you know."
And back again she settled into the chair, writing a book, waiting for the journey to end.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

Reviews: 2
Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 am
ty7lucky says...

Name: Jacob Rookwood
Year: 1st
Personality:friendly, emotional,loyal,hard working, smart.
Description:Medium height brown hair, hazel eyes
House: Hufflepuff
History: Halfblood, two older brothers,one isn't a wizard
Spoiler! :
Ilvermorny is the american wizarding school

Platform 9 3/4
Jacob walked through the crowded train station with his mother and older brothers. They dodged people as they pushed their carts along. His eyes searched for the barrier he would run through. His barn owl hooted attracting attention from the nearby muggles. His carts contents consisted of his trunk, wand (121/4" Unicorn tail hair, yew wood with surprisingly swishy flexibility), and owl cage.
He saw the barrier waited for his older brother to go through, and then ran just like he had for several years previously. He got nearer and nearer to the bricks and just as he should have crashed into it, he passed through and into a hidden station where a red and black train waited with golden letters on the side saying HOGWARTS EXPRESS. His mother came out behind him, and motioned for him to follow his eldest brother who was about to board the train.
He ran forward to catch up. He then boarded the train and followed his brother down the aisle.
Then his brother turned and looking annoyed said, "Go find your own compartment. I'm not hanging out with a first year."
Feeling hurt Jacob turned and looked for an empty compartment so no-one would see his hazel eyes tearing up. He passed a compartment with a group of 6th year girls, one had a light blonde hair and had weird glasses on, another had red hair and freckles, he passed when the blonde girl saw him staring at her glasses. He also passed a compartment with a two boys that looked like brothers, one held a camera.
Then he finally found an empty compartment. He put his stuff on the racks above the seats, having to get on the seats to reach. Then he took a seat in the corner. He stared at his reflection, his golden blonde hair was messed up and his eyes were red. He thought David really is Slytherin, the sorting hat got it right. Then Jacob decided that he didn't want to be slytherin.
Then he heard the glass door opening. There stood a tall boy with brown hair, "Can I sit here?"
"Yeah", Jacob replied. The boy looked around his age.
The boy sat across from him. " Hi my names Theodore Smith, What house do you want to be in?"
Jacob shrugged and said, "You?"
"Gryffindor, like Harry Potter."
"That would be nice...... Do you have any siblings?"
"Yeah five, I'm the oldest, neither of my parents are magical."
They talked for the rest of the first half of the trip when a girl came in she had black hair in a bun. said "Sorry wrong compartment." then she left.
Not much happened the rest of the ride, the two of them got on their robes and talked.

Sorting

Jacob was now standing in front of hundreds of students waiting for his name to be called by the stern looking lady who had introduced herself as Professor Mcgonagall. He reached up and flattened his hair.
The girl who had come into his train compartment was being sorted, the hat draping over her eyes. Then the old worn hat bellowed out, "RAVENCLAW!"
It was followed by an outpour of applauds.
Others were sorted, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin,Hufflepuff, Gryffindor.
Then Mcgonagall called, "Jacob Rookwood."
Jacob walked to the stool and sat as Mcgonagall placed the hat on his head. A voice said in his ear, "Oh another Rookwood, I put your brother in Slytherin and look at him now. But I see obviously that's not the choice for you." then the hat yelled for the room, "HUFFLEPUFF!"
A cheer broke out and Jacob felt his face go red as he stumbled to the hufflepuff table. Then he sat at an empty space. More people were sorted before John's name was called, He sat on the stool and then the hat yelled, "GRYFFINDOR!"
Jacob clapped but disappointment filled him. Others were called up, there was a girl named Ivory who was put in slytherin, A boy named Grayson who was put in hufflepuff and sat by him. They listened to Mcgonagall's speech, then food appeared on their plates. There was roast, gravy,mashed potatoes, and tens of other options.
He talked to grayson, and was told about his pureblood family. Jacob told him how he had been expecting to go to Ilvermorny the American wizarding school but got a letter to hogwarts instead,and about how he had grown up in a no-maj (american term for muggle) community, because his no-maj father had thought it would make them non magical. After a while their dinner was removed and was replaced with dessert.
After they were done they were escorted by the prefect Gabriel Truman, to a row of barrels by the kitchens and tapped the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, in an unknown rhythm then the lid swung open. They went through as the prefect told them the correct rhythm was to the name Helga Hufflepuff, and that if you got it wrong you'd be doused in vinegar. The common room was cozy with comfy arm chairs and several plants scattering the room. They went into their dormitories to find their stuff waiting for them on top of the patchwork quilts on the large beds. They moved them off opened their trunks and changed into pajamas and went to bed. Grayson's bed was beside's Jacobs. The bed's were the perfect softness and you sunk into them like they were a waterbed. Then Jacob lay there thinking life could never be better and then he quickly dozed off.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

802 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:55 pm
Dracula says...

At the gobstones club, Ivory had been smacked on the back of her head by reality. There was hardly any other Slytherins there, only two fourth years who hadn't paid much attention to her. All the students she'd won over with the her family name and abundance of lollies were packed in the warm common-room, while she was in a cold stone hall with strangers.

They weren't all strangers, so to speak, but none of them were familiar to her. A couple of Hufflepuff first years who she'd seen in Herbology, their names were Jacob and Grayson, had also turned up to see what the club was like. She'd nodded to them, getting forced smiles in return. Even if they weren't of her ranking, she wanted to make friends with at least some of the people in the club. Standing alone wasn't good for her reputation.

If only Vesta were here, Ivory thought as she played her first game, she'd enchant the stones so I'd win. She'd never been awfully good at the game herself, preferring card games to the exploding marbles. Ivory made a mental note to pay attention in charms class.

The evening sun cast a pale orange glow on the stone floor as Ivory walked back to her dormitory. Thinking no one was around, she criss-crossed back and forth down the hall, following the shadows as if they were tight ropes. This resulted in her almost knocking down another student.

"My apologies," Ivory held her head high and spoke clearly. "I was not watching where I was going." She was mimicking her mother, when she'd bumped into another witch at a cloak sale.

The other student said it was okay, and introduced herself as Aglaïa. Ivory shook the girl's hand, feeling it her duty to initiate contact. After all, she was a noble pureblood, of a noble family. There was a chance Aglaïa could be a mudblood, or from shameful origins, but after the gobstones club Ivory didn't want to risk shunning someone who could become a powerful ally.

The bells tolled then, warning the students that it was almost the hour of curfew, so they parted ways; the two had not quite become acquaintances, certainly not friends, but after losing at five games of gobstones Ivory was satisfied that something had come of her evening.
Last edited by Dracula on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Demetri Martin

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:36 am
ty7lucky says...

Jacob had done well his first week, for his dad never allowing the mention of magic in his house. His mother would still tell him and teach him when his dad was gone. He had hidden them and a broomstick his mom had gotten him in their attic.
After dinner he and Grayson went to the corridor where gobstones club was held. There were a few people there, three Slytherins, two looked like fourth or fifth graders. The other slytherin was a first year named Ivory who had had herbology with them. She nodded to them and not knowing what to do Jacob smiled awkwardly, and it looked like Grayson had as well. There was one other fifth year hufflepuff. There were four ravenclaw students one was named Rebecca and had potions class with them. There was only two gryffindor students and they were both second years.
Jacob wasn't very good but was better than some of the others, he had to explain the game to Grayson. He had always been better at quidditch. After a while the club finished and they made their way back to the dormitory.
The next day at breakfast Jacob was eating bacon when his owl which he had named Kane, dropped a package to him. When he opened it he found a pouch full of galleons from his grandparents who were living in london.
Their first class was herbology which they were doubling with slytherin in one of the only currently operational greenhouses
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather