Young Writers Society

TWD: World Edition

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:08 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Welcome to the world of The Walking Dead. A deadly, zombie creating virus has suddenly started to spread out of control. When someone dies or is bitten by one, they turn into a zombie and have only one thing on their mind, to feast and create more of their kind. They have no thoughts, no hearts, no being but their agenda, so don't get too close.

We want this SB to be as original and creative as possible. We also want this SB to be WORLDWIDE and focused on many different countries.

There will be at least four groups around the world with four playable characters (before we start), as for the ammount of NPC's your group can decide.

How groups are formed and about groups in general:

You choose a group below and include it in your character template. And then everyone with the same groups can discuss in seperate clusters. However, we do want this to be a connected SB despite the world wide spreading of the characters. So, every character has to have some link to another character, in another group. Again this can be further discussed and there is a WFP for that here.
There is also a WFP for each of the seperate groups for planning and discussion, so that only general discussion needs to be kept in the DT since there's a lot to discuss and many different topics to discuss about. Also all seperate group plotting can be done in the seperate WFP's.

Remember that when you join a group, it's kind of like you're joining a tribe, so stay close and take care of your members. Although I'm sure there will be some of you that can't be trusted.

Another important note is that to make this last (hopefully) and more interesting, all the groups are going to keep moving. The point is to make it to the safehouses nearest to the groups' starting locations.. Groups can create their own maps (google maps are awesome for that) and they can appoint different safehouses along the way before they get to the big one (if they ever make it there).

This is at the start of the outbreak, so some forms of transportation will still be working such as planes, cars, ships. The safest things most likely are ships and boats, since they are more individual things and zombies can't swim (especially in this storyline). They can float though, so they can still kill in smaller bodies of water like lakes, swamps or rivers.

Lastly, please don't be selective, and take the opportunity to learn about different cultures and parts of the world.

Killing off characters:

You can kill off your character anytime you want after they have (or are involved in) at least five posts, so that it's not immediate considering it's an actual character. Once your created character is killed, it'd be great to delete the character page so that there can be a new one in place of the old one. And anyone is welcome to create another character after killing one, it keeps the character cycle fresh too. However, you can kill off your NPC's anytime. (You can also bring in new NPC's anytime.)

Location Specifics:

The current locations are:

Group A: Canada
Group B: United States of America
Group C: Australia
Group D: Ethiopia
Group E: Hong Kong

Group Members:
Spoiler! :
Canada
Mars Laverdiere
Simeon Carter
(VeerenVKS)
-
America
(Iggy)
(Birkhoff)
Quincie Greene
(VeerenVKS)

Australia
Ophelia Taylor
(Skydreamer)
-
-
Ethiopia
Negasi
Magdala Ruphael
-
-
Hong Kong
Daisuki Isamu Katsuro
-
-
-

Character Specifics and Template

For now, the limit is two characters per person, and it would be great if they were in different groups. If you really want three characters and are a dedicated member, that's fine, but at least two have to be in different groups.

Character Template

Code: Select all
[b]Group:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Physical Appearance and Nationality:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b] (Or former occupation)

[b]Backstory:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses: [/b]

[b]Other:[/b] (if you have pre-decided relationships please put here)

[optional, please reply to these in your character's voice.]

[b]How many walkers have you killed?[/b]

[b]How many people have you killed?[/b]

[b]Why?[/b]

Extra Info and Rules

All posts should start with date, time, group (G), and name.

Example:

The 12th || 6:30 am || GA Maria

or Mon, 12th || half past 6 am || GB Bob

You'll only have to add the month when a new month comes, example:

Jan 1st \ 6:20 am \ Maria

Same with a new year:

Jan 1st 2011 / 4 pm / Maria

(After a while, when we have groups down, we don't have to add the groups anymore unless we want to for reference.)

---------------

This is loosely based on the AMC TV show The Walking Dead. If the group in America would like, they can pay homage to the characters of the show by incuding them somehow in a rumor or something.

A few guidelines:

No controling other characters, god-modding, or creating bizzare plot twists affecting everyone, without group and/or SB discussion.

When it comes to post length, please keep it as detailed as possible. : ) Also it would be great to have a post up at least once a week.

This SB is 16+ mainly because of the violence (gore) and cursing that is allowed. Romance is welcomed and encouraged but nothing explicit is allowed.

Last but not least, let's be creative, have fun and stay dedicated!! xD
Last edited by Dracula on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:30 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Thur 17th May || 6:20pm || GC Ophelia

Ophelia Taylor flicked her eyes toward the living room as she pushed a tray of party pies into the oven. Her ten year old son, Arthur, sat in front of the television, his eyes fixed on the news reporter.

...casualties include two siblings who were reportedly walking to a medical appointment. Authorities are yet to determine if anything links the five victims.

Ophelia smacked the oven mitt on the counter and folded her arms. "You should turn it over to the kids shows, this isn't-"

"Appropriate?" Arthur swivelled around on his bottom to face her. "I've seen worse, mum. You'd know that if you stuck around for more than a few days." He kept a straight face, the result of them having had this conversation countless times before.

Lia sighed, her long brown hair falling across her face. "I told you, Artie, when you turn thirteen you can come with me. And I can't just quit my job."

"I get it, you're busy." He returned to the TV, studying pictures of a street brawl.

Lia pursed her lips, knowing full well that any other mother wouldn't let her ten year old see such graphic pictures. But he was right. Since Ophelia spent the majority of her time travelling, Arthur had had to mature into a responsible little man.

...authorities are asking civilians not to get involved in street fights. If you see something suspicious, please call this number immediately...

"This is our special evening together." She frowned at the plane ticket stuck to the fridge. Her flight to Australia was scheduled to leave the next morning. "Let's just enjoy ourselves, okay?"
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:16 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Thur 17th May || 6:00pm || GA Mars

Mars lifted the bow against her shoulder, notched the arrow and sighted out her target. The body swayed slightly in front of her and as she released the string, it lurched to the left and her arrow rooted itself through the arm.

"Aw, nuts," Mars mumbled as the arrow passed through the paper figure and sunk into the back board behind.

"You've got to mooove with the target," Jason said making a snake with his arm. Mars turned to snap at him but as he released the arrow with a fluid gesture and it soared straight through a swinging sheet of paper, she had to admit that he flowed with the bow.

"Whatever," Mars said with a quick eye roll and she put the bow down and swung the quiver off of her back. Jason did the same and followed her off of the range and back inside.

"You seem kind of distracted. Whatever it is, just let it go and think only about shooting."

The glare Mars turned on him shut Jason up but then she sighed and let it go. "I know, I guess I have been kind of tense lately. Have you been keeping up with the news?"

"All those street fights?"

Mars nodded. It just wasn't the kind of thing which happened over here. You heard about fights and shootings in the states all the time but Ontario had always seemed more peaceful somehow. That was why her parents had moved up here, after her grandad got shot...

"I just need some time."

Jason nodded and headed over to the lockers. He opened his and put both their bows inside. The arrows and quivers he returned to the stock and got their deposits back.

"If you're sure you're alright? We could always go see a movie, or...?"

"How about we shoot some hoops?" Mars pulled her gloves off and shoved them in her backpack before closing it up.

"Oh, yeah...okay then."

Mars laughed. "You don't have to sound so disappointed!"

"You always win at hoops," Jason complained. "But hey, if kicking my ass makes you feel better?"

"It does."

"Sure then, I'm in."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:49 pm
Skydreamer says...

Thurs 17th May || 12:00 am|| GD (Ethiopia) Magdala

"Magdala, get Doctor Iyasu now!"

"I need to stay with her, she asked me to." She replied calmly.

"You are not a full-time nurse, so apologize and get the doctor, this is an intensive care patient!"

Magdala apologized fervently to the little girl who had been coughing and crying on her shoulder, and left.

The girl just had one of her episodes of harsh coughing, and eventually coughed up a dark pink, blood like substance. She was in the hospital for Pulmonary embolism, where there was blockage in her lungs due to blood clots. Magdala had just been playing 'rock paper scissors' with her while checking in on her, when it started.

She stayed with her after calling for extra help and patted the girl's back softly, and rubbed her back while she coughed. After a while when it wasn't getting better, Magdala was about to go get the nurse, who had not yet arrived, when the little girl held onto her hand and begged her to stay. She said she didn't like to be alone during those coughing fits. Magdala could not leave the girl in her state, so she stayed with her, trying to soothe her. She started to decrease her coughing when Nalia, the nurse, came in hurriedly. She really took her time Magdala thought angrily when she saw the strict woman at the door.

Now rushing to find the doctor, she hoped that the little girl wouldn't be upset with her. When she noticed the doctor, she hurried her pace and was full out running. Not watching where she was going, she accidentally bumped into another doctor who for some reason wasn't paying attention to a running nurse.

"Get out of my way! Just get out! Get out!" The doctor yelled, and stormed off. Magdala had to stop for a moment to register what had just happened. Was that Doctor Hagos? He was one of the calmest doctors in the entire hospital. He never once shouted like that. She made a mental note to ask someone about what was disturbing this doctor. Then she went back to the task at hand. She finally caught up to the doctor she needed, and saw he was in a group huddle of sorts with other doctors. They talked in low and tense voices, and sounded worried.

She cleared her throat, "Dr. Iyasu?" They all turned towards her. Then the rest went back to talking and pretended they were just having regular doctor banter. She decided to speak up quickly.

"Adina in room 206 needs your assistance sir, she started her coughing again."

"For how long?" He asked.

"Twenty minutes sir, longer than the last time." The doctor, was about to move, but paused for a second and gave Magdala a small knowing smile.

"You were there for only five minutes the last time, how do you know?" She smiled back.

"I stayed by the door and listened, sir."

"Smart girl, let's go. I want you to see what I do." Magdala grinned as this was the first time she was granted such an opportunity, and followed him quickly down the hall.

Same day, 2 am.

"Let's go home, we don't even have to be here." Linda said. Linda was the only other Canadian expatriate nurse in the hospital. All the other nurses were either from Ethiopia or from other African countries, there were a few Americans who were helping out with the red cross outreach, but they were the only two expatriate nurses training for full time work.

It was daunting. Linda is half Ethiopian, half Chinese, but she looks more Chinese at times, and the girl gets stares, so it was more of an adjustment for her. However, she loves living there, and so does Magdala. The two of them were pretty much each other's rocks during the transition, even though they only met by both working at the hospital.

Neither expected the other to be there. Linda thought she'd be the only Canadian and vice versa. However, two years later the two of them are the closest of friends and nearly sisters. They also share an apartment together. One that Linda was aching to go home to.

"Actually, we do have to be here. You know that they've cut back on staff recently." Magdala said, sitting up on the couch the two were sharing. Linda had been dozing off on her shoulder, when Magdala unintentionally woke her up when she shifted to grab her coffee on the table before them.

"Yeah full-time, full-paid staff!" Linda countered. She yawned and stretched her hands.

"The more we work the sooner we get promoted." Magdala paused and grinned, Linda rolled her eyes. She then continued, "It's true! Dr. Iyanu let me see how he treats Adina today."

Another pause, as Magdala leaned closer to Linda.

"Also I think there is something going on that the doctors are keeping from the rest of the hospital. Don't they seem a little edgy and off to you?" Magdala whispered, remembering Dr. Hagos' response to her bumping into him.

Linda's eyebrows rose at the end of Magdala's statement. She loved her some conspiracy.

"Oh! That reminds me, Mags! I overheard there's possibly a new viru-"

"What are you girls doing talking the town away?!" Nalia asked as she came up to the duo.

Nalia loved picking on them. She wasn't a fan of foreign help of any kind, she wanted things to be done by Africans in Africa. That and she was worried Magdala could take her place, as was most of the other nurses. Magdala was a quick learner. But really it was all just fun and games, as no one had any real dislike for the two sort of foreign girls.

Linda rolled her eyes again, and stood up tiredly.

"Mags is going to stay here and be a proper nurse, without the proper pay, but my penniless butt is going home to my bed."

Nalia scoffed. "You spoiled outsiders!" Nalia teased in Amharic. She always spoke in Amharic when she was insulting them, even though they both could understand what she said. The two of them glared at her, and she shrugged. "What?! I know you understand, it still makes me feel safe."

Linda and Magdala laughed. Nalia continued,

"Okay, enough talking, you girls should be gone anyways. I was actually told to tell you to leave. A lot of us are being called off duty, early. They're having some important discussions about the fate of the hospital. You know the economy! Always up and down..." Nalia went on and on about the economy, while Linda and Magdala shared a knowing glance.

What on earth is going on? They both wondered.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

802 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:06 pm
Dracula says...

Fri 18th May || 7:15 am|| GC Ophelia

Lia handed her duffel bag to Arthur, who had insisted on helping her pack her luggage into the taxi. Never mind the cab driver who was casually sitting in the idle vehicle, sipping on a coffee-to-go, like there wasn't anything wrong with a kid doing all the hard work. But that was the thing about the neighbourhood, half the people were ridiculously kind, Sunday roast kind of people. The other half were useless assholes who only cared about themselves. That's why this sudden crime spree didn't bother Ophelia, there was always something happening, you just had to make sure you hung around with the right people.

She leaned back against the door frame, surveying the front room. Everything seemed neat, maybe it would stay that way for once. Of course, she couldn't exactly blame Arthur for not cleaning, her son had way too much to deal with already, but it would be nice to return to the house, find a cup of tea waiting for you, some calming music playing.

"Hey, Mrs Freeson!" She heard Arthur shout. Lia picked up her hand bag, breathed in the scent of home and then closed the door. "Are you going on a holiday too?" Arthur was right to be noisy, the middle-aged woman was wheeling a trolley out of her garage. It was piled with cardboard boxes, the writing on which Lia couldn't really make out, but she saw a picture of potato chips on one of them.

Mrs Freeson looked slightly taken aback, like she'd hoped that no one would be outside so early in the morning, but she straightened her back and smiled with the politeness that Ophelia had relied on many times. "I'm going to live with my brother in the country, Artie." She pushed the trolley up to her ute. "It's safer there."

Lia crossed her arms, stepping out from the verandah. "Hold on, it's perfectly safe right here." If the woman didn't feel comfortable living by herself, that was okay, but she couldn't instill fear into Arthur, who was about to spend another month alone.

"That's what they would have you believe, Ophelia, but this isn't going away. I expect you know what's happening?" Whatever was in those boxes must have been heavy, because Mrs Freeson was struggling. Arthur ran across the lawn to help her, much to his mother's annoyance.

"I've seen it too, mum!" Arthur raised his voice, shaking a box to try and find out its contents. The woman whispered something into his ear and he placed it in the ute, content. "It's dangerous in cities!"

Lia clenched her fists, she hated it when he did this. She was leaving again and she wanted to see him happy, she did not want to hear about conspiracy theories or exaggerated news stories. "Arthur, you have nothing to-" The taxi driver thumped his hand against the wheel, the close proximity of the horn making them all cover their ears.

"I don't get paid while you talk, lady!"

Ophelia pulled a five-dollar note out of her purse and shoved it in the man's outstretched hand. That silenced him.

"Mrs Freeson," she tip-toed over the damp lawn, trying not to ruin to good shoes, "don't you think you're being a little bit paranoid. Besides, you can't leave now, I need you to check in on Arthur."

The woman hauled the last box into the ute, letting out a groan, and put her hands on her hips. "Arthur should come with me." The boy's face lit up, but Lia shook her head. "You've always trusted me, Ophelia, why not now?"

"It's not dangerous! The police will handle this, you're overreacting!"

Mrs Freeson shrugged, gripping onto the trolley handle. "I'm going to get my cat." She disappeared into the shed.

"Mum, you haven't been here, you don't know what it's like." Arthur hauled himself onto the ute, sitting between two boxes. "When I slept over at Tommy's, we saw a man walking down he street, he looked drunk." Arthur leaned forward like he was telling a story by the camp fire. "Five minutes after that, we heard screams."

"Well he was drunk, he probably smashed a window. Something like that has never phased you before." Lia glanced over her shoulder at the taxi driver, who was growing increasingly impatient. She dared to think what he would charge her for this, the impatient git.

"It doesn't matter what you think." Could he really dismiss his mother so easily? "She said I could go with her, why not? If she's not here to check on me, who knows what will happen, I might do something really silly and no one will know."

"You're being silly now, kid." She ruffled his hair, smiling, but he only pursed his lips at her. "Arthur, I have to go or I'll miss my flight. Promise me you won't go with Mrs Freeson." She leaned down to kiss his cheek.

"Yeah mum, sure." He wrapped his strong little arms around Lia and proceeded with the usual goodbyes and 'have-funs'. When her neighbour reappeared with a pet carrier, complete with a yowling creature inside, Ophelia began walking towards the taxi.

"I'll phone you tonight. I love you!" Flicking a kiss in Arthur's direction, she opened the door and settled into the vehicle.

"About bloody time." The driver muttered.

"Shut up and take me to the airport." Lia ordered, her eyes fixed on Arthur, who was saying something to Mrs Freeson.

He waved to her as the taxi moved away from the curb, but Ophelia knew his mind was elsewhere. She desperately hoped that when she called the home-phone tonight, her son would pick it up. But realistically, she knew Arthur would do whatever he wanted, even if that meant running away with a paranoid neighbour. But she couldn't blame him, she herself was running away to the other side of the globe.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:03 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Thurs 17th May || 2:00 pm|| GD (Ethiopia) | Negasi

It was a quiet day. The cows ate grass and the men watched and sometimes they talked or they went to the stream for water but always they watched. They watched the cows and the ground and the trees. They were watching for animals or for men or anything that might make the day not quiet.

Negasi did not like the quiet. He wanted men to come and try to take the cows so he could lift his staff and hit them with it and then he would cut himself again and go home and show his wife how strong he was. Then they would sleep in the same hut and he might get a second child from her, one which looked like him and not her last husband.

Or he might get another wife and he might sometimes sleep in her hut and get a child from her. This is why Negasi wanted the men to come and try to take his cows. Negasi was strong and he had no fear of the other men for his Keno was strongest and one day he would have many cuts on his arm and many children to teach.

But when the men came, they did not try to steal his cows. The men were many and Negasi's Keno waved their sticks in the air and shouted cries as they ran at them. The first man did not try to take the cow. He sank his teeth into its neck and the blood poured out and the cow screamed. Negasi did not understand why a man would want to bite a cow but he would not yet realise that these were not men.

Negasi hit the men with sticks and some of them fell but they did not fall into the endless sleep. Those men got up again. When two of the men of his Keno fell, but they did not get up again.

Deko was the last man of his Keno and together they hit the wrong men with their sticks very hard until they did not get up again. It was wrong to hit a man when he was down during Donga, but this was not Donga. This was war and they hit the men until they were in pieces with the dead cows.

"They came from the village," Deko said.

"I know," Negasi replied. They both ran back to the village very quickly but there were no living people there. Lots of bodies were on the ground. Negasi hoped his wife had run but he found her body near her hut and his children's bodies too. Some of the bodies were up and moving but there were no living people there. The bodies were wrong. Whatever those men had been, they had taken the people out of their bodies and now there were no people.

Deko and Negasi killed some of their people but to put others down it would be too sad so they ran away as fast as they could and only stopped running when they reached the other man road. This was away from their Keno and their homes but the people without tribes had guns and Negasi wanted guns.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende