z

Young Writers Society

ST

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:31 am
DamienCyfer says...

Hello guys
Last edited by DamienCyfer on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”
—Allen Ginsberg, WD

10 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:40 am
DamienCyfer says...

RIGHT!!!! So, this is how this will work. You can ask me any other questions in the ST DT, but: So, once the characters are set up for a person, You will be separated Into Three Main teems If we can. One will be the Originals, The second will be the People who arrived, and the third will be writing from the point of view of the enemies. The text I have submitted is from the point of view of Callum, My character in The Originals. The main point is that once we sort out the characters, we will start writing.

So the Originals team continue on from What I have written, with three other people being Jake, Lewis and Connor. The rest will be introduced via the four finding them somewhere, and the Second group will be brought in eventually after a voyage at sea, in which your ship crashes on the place where the Originals are. The enemies will watch the events, sometimes attacking, until we get to a major scene. Each group will still write, And at the start the Second group will probaly write about the voyage. Feel free to discuss your team's writing in the DT, as to ovoid plot mess-ups for your team. Please ask the permission of the person and me if your team wishes you to kill someone, so I can sort out the process. Any confusion please ask me at the DT. This will be a team writing storybook, so I hope it will be fun. Any questions about the fantasy side, such as creatures and the such, ask me, as I will be writing something to help that in the meantime. Also, enemies, you will try to attack the others camp, but remember, please clarify so weird plot mishaps don't happen. Also, Good teams, Please note make your progress... realistic. Ask me for any info regarding the creation of our characters, and I hope this works out.

Hope People join as this would be really fun if people do.
Last edited by DamienCyfer on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
—Allen Ginsberg, WD

10 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:36 pm
DamienCyfer says...

Callum

Falling… I turned, twisting my body around as I fell. I am only wearing a light fabric shirt and some shorts. No weapons, armour or tools. A pinprick of light appeared in the void around me, slowly growing larger. Eventually I could see the ground, a beach surrounded by forrest, four stone alters atop a blue platform. Lapis Lazuli? I thought. Thats in Egypt. What is Egypt? Then the stone came up to meet me.
—Allen Ginsberg, WD

10 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:38 pm
DamienCyfer says...

I woke. Pain, all over, and stone… in my face. I tried to move, but my body wouldn't respond. I managed a groan, and finally my lungs started to work again. I heard a scrape, and heard a soft groan. I finally managed to move. I turned my head, seeing another person! He lifted his head, and stared at me. “What the he-” he managed, before he yelled in pain. I got on my elbows, seeing another person had thrown a rock at him. We were on separate platforms, but we still were close. Another man was standing, and I managed to kneel. Four of us, I counted. I rolled of the platform, landing on the blue slab.

'Anyone have any idea where we are?' asked Jake, the man who had a rock thrown at him. 'As I told you before, Jake, I do not know!' yelled Connor, the pelter of the stone. The third one, the man who was standing first, said nothing, having not said a word since waking. 'How many times must I tell you, STOP BEING STUPID!' I yelled, slapping Connor hard across the huge mans back. He froze. Slowly, he turned to face me. He punched. I ducked, shoving forwards, shouldering him in the stomach. The man stumbled, and I took the advantage to strike him hard in the face with my palm. Not enough to harm, but it would still hurt. Connor yelled, charging me. His fist caught my chin, and I flew backwards. I landed on my feet, and as he charged again, I swept a stick of of the ground, and with a loud crack, cracked it against his head. Connor slumped to the ground, unconscious. 'Wow… um… that looks like it hurt.' Jake whispered, obviously unnerved by me knocking Connor out. The other man rushed forwards, kneeling next to Connor. He pressed a finger in his neck, then his forehead. 'He's ok.' he stated. Then, 'Lewis. Thats my name.' He stood up, looking around. 'Well, its about midday, so whats our plan?' he asked, gesturing to the sky. 'Well, If we are stuck here, we might as well make a shelter.' I replied, striding towards the forest of thick, large trees ringing the beach. Jake found some stones, and started knapping some flint shards he had found lying around. Lewis hauled Connor over to a tree, resting him in the shade. About an hour later, Lewis had found a tree covered in apples, and we relocated over there. We could still see the beach, but were out of the sun and had room in a clearing of trees, an apple tree in the center. Jake had managed to knap an axe-head, which he tied to a stick using grass. He tossed it to Lewis, who then swung it at a small, thin tree. It buried itself an inch through, and lewis pulled it out, swinging again, and again, until the tree had fallen. I raised an eyebrow, looking at Jake with a questioning gaze. 'Hey! I'm just good at knapping.' he replied, laughing. Lewis cut down seven more small trees, resting them in a larger tree to make a platform. me and jake pulled Connor up, laying him down. we all sat there, Lewis, Jake and I, watching the sun set in the unfamiliar land.

A rustle disturbed my sleep. I hauled my neck up, gazing at a nearby bush. Three worms the size and thickness of my forearm, slowly crawled out of it, making curious clicking sounds. They were the colour of sand, thick and covered in heavy slime. They hauled themselves forwards, and I tapped Jake's shoulder. He woke instantly, lurching upwards. 'What?' he groaned. 'Look.' I replied. As he saw the worms, he looked… unsettled. 'What, do you know these things?' I asked him. 'No, but I have a bad feeling about them.' And he was right to be unsettled. They convulsed, pulsing red, blue, purple and orange, slowly growing. Lewis clambered backwards, grabbing a stick.. I hauled myself upwards, disturbing Jake. Once he saw the glowing, rainbow worms, he froze. Everybody was still. They had grown so tall, their mouths were level with them. I saw countless, tiny teeth covering the inside of their mouths. Large spines were on their backs, as thick as Connors arm. The creatures convulsed one more time, then stopped. One moved to be facing me. It lunged. I hauled up, kicking out. I caught it in the side of the head, and it bounced back. One attacked Lewis and Jake. There was a blur, and the worm made a strangled noise, Lewis stuck his stick down its throat. Jake grabbed the folds of flesh in front of its teeth, holding the head in front of him. I reached out, grasping the stick that was down it's throat. I ripped it out, the creature slumping against the tree. It slowly shriveled, until it was just a normal-sized worm. It then curled up, slime excreting, forming a perfect, smooth sphere. Bright red in colour, it emitted a dim, warm light. With the stick, I whacked the first creature, sending it flying back again. I jabbed at it, the tip digging into its skin. It thrashed, thumping hard against a branch to my right. Jake yelled, and I saw the platform split, sending me, Lewis and Jake flying out of the tree. The stick flew away, leaving Lewis, Jake and I to fight the worms unarmed. Lewis wrapped himself around one slimy body, whilst Jake rammed it with his shoulder. He bounced off, not even harming it. 'Hey, you forgot me!' The voice came from behind me, just as a stick flew past my ear. It speared into the worm Jake was ramming. There was a spurt of green fluid, and another sharpened spear-stick flew into it. The worm screeched, flailing about. It hit Jake, sending him flying into a tree. It fell to the ground, deflating, shriveling into a sphere. There was a thud, as Connor leapt onto the ground, brandishing another stick spear. There was a bang, and a shower of bark as the third worm busted through a tree, completely destroying it. With a grin, Connor whirled, charging at the creature. The spear impaled the creature, and Connor punched his fist through the gap. Glowing, green fluid spurting everywhere, he wrenched, and the creature lay still. Instead of shriveling, this one turned to dust. Jake groaned, supporting himself against the stump of a tree. 'Wow.' he said bluntly. 'Understatement' Lewin added, laughing.

As the light of morning reached the clearing, we set to work. Jake made us each an axe, and we cut down about forty trees. We sharpened the ends, and Lewis found some thorn bushes as well. We planted the stakes in a ring around the clearing, weaving thorns between them. Jake made a shovel-like thing, which we used to start digging a hole in the ground to store spears in. about a meter down, Connor struck something hard. We dug it out, to find it was a small, silver metal box. Connor looked at it, then pulled the lid off. Inside rested a single glowing blue jewel about 3 inches in length, width and hight. It was cut like a diamond, and the soft light cast a blue shade to Connor's face. I took it, examining it. It slipped out of my fingers, hitting a wooden spear. A blue ripple moved across the spear, and ii bent down, looking at it. I tapped it with a rock, and the two objects fused together. 'What is this?' Lewis whispered in awe. 'Looks like a tool.' I replied with a smile. Using the crystal to fuse them together, we started placing more branches sideways across the barricades, making a near-solid wall of wood surrounding our clearing. Sweating, Connor placed the crystal back in the box.
—Allen Ginsberg, WD

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg