Young Writers Society

The Queen's Curse

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:48 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to a past that's not-quite-right. Here's to ancient quests & magic portals!

Plot: 2015, Luxor, Egypt. In the Valley of the Queens, the burial place for the queens of Egypt, a group of Archaeologists have chosen to host a dig; QV52, Queen Tyti's tomb. They are trying to uncover the mysteries of her tomb. Why are there three demons depicted on her wall? Who was this powerful queen? These are the answers that they are after.

A group of children and teenagers--either one of the Archaeologist's children or a tour group member's child--were exploring the area when they wandered off into the valley and entered a tomb while the archaeologists and tour group were busy with a different find. There, they discovered a fascinating mystery in the burial chamber. And then someone just had to touch the wrong thing.

Transported through time and space, our young teens find themselves stuck in an ancient land, surrounded by workers and guards. Still reeling from their journey, they are taken before the Queen. Why is she looking at them all in such a way?

Join the children of the archaeologists and the tour group they organised, and help discover Tyti's secrets! What secrets does a powerful Ancient Egyptian Queen keep?

Things You Need To Know:

Rules
- Usual YWS/SB rules.
- ALL posts must be readable, co-relate to previous posts and have correct spelling. That means no chat speak.
- 800 characters minimum or about 165 words for those of you using MS Word or other writing programs. Use this if you're not sure.
- Swearing; it's allowed just don't overdo it. And keep it reasonable; No F-bombs!
- Romance is allowed but no sex scenes; No one needs to read about details.
- Can claim up to 2 characters and No Characters over 18 or under 10--without permission.
- Don't God-mod. Please, it's not fair. And no Mary/Gary Sues either. They annoy me.
- Please don't double post unless there have been no new posts for at least 24 hours.
- Please have a name and place at the top of each post. Such as Name | Place OR, for example; Mia | Town.
- Please do not kill another person's character without permission; it's unfair, and not to forget mentioning, godmodding. We really don't like that. And besides, no one likes it when they're randomly killed.
- All NON-SB posts to the DT please people.
- The SB is run by Me (ScarlettFire) and Theo (Teddybear22). Listen to me and Theo or we'll let the crocodile eat you.

Character Slots:
- M Dig Kid 1 - Claimed by @ScarlettFire
- F Dig Kid 2 - Claimed by @Theodorable
- M Dig Kid 3 - Claimed by @Omni
- F Dig Kid 4 - Claimed by @EscaSkye
- M Tour Kid 1 - Claimed by @Tuesday
- F Tour Kid 2 - Claimed by @QueenAnne
- M Tour Kid 3 - Claimed by@PerksOfBeingAReader
- F Tour Kid 4 - Claimed by @witchbaby
- F Palace Servant - Claimed by @ForgottenMemories

Character Slots may be added/removed as needed.

Character Sheet:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (First AND Last, if known)
[b]Age:[/b] (18 & under, please and no one under 10)
[b]Gender:[/b] (male or female, or other if applicable)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (description and picture)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Include likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses)

[b]Flaws/Weaknesses:[/b] (You must have at least one)

[b]History:[/b] (At least two four line paragraphs. And none of this “I don’t remember” stuff. Your character has a story, so give us a glimpse of it)

[b]Up For Love?[/b] (yes, no, orientation, conditions)

[b]Other:[/b] (Anything we’ve missed?)
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Mon May 25, 2015 5:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 04, 2015 5:35 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Alexander Price | Outside QV52 (watching his father's dig team working):

Alex was bored. Very, very bored. He'd been watching the dig for hours already, and they still hadn't found anything new. His father was inside the tomb, busy doing whatever it was he was doing while Alex was left to stand outside it. He kept rolling his eyes at the pretty intern he was flirting with--but only when her back was turned. She was an airhead. But a damned cute one. It was worth her reaction when she brought him pictures from inside the tomb and he told her it was afterlife mumbo-jumbo. Of course, it wasn't really just that, but he wasn't going to tell her that.

He watched her squeal and dart back inside muttering to herself about his latest "translations" before turning away to scan the area. He held up hand to block out the harsh sunlight and immeditately spotted the tour group heading towards him--or more obviously, the tomb of Queen Tyti. Alex smiled and leaned against the sign out front with the map on it, watching them until they got closer. A dark haired girl stopped short of the group to balance on one leg. He watched as she fidled with her high-heeled shoe, pulling it off to tip it upside down. He smirked. High-heels in the desert were a stupid idea.

Pushing off the sign, he waited until she put her shoe back on and pulled out her phone, holding it up in front of her as if she were trying to find signal, before stepping away from the sign. Alex pulled his own phone out and sighed at the tiny signal he was getting. One bar. Pitiful. He snagged his sunglasses off his collar and made for the girl, who was obviously now not just checking her signal. In fact, she seemed to be talking to her phone. Alex wondered briefly if she was recording a video or something.

He slide his sunnies on and stepped up behind her, waiting. She kept on talking to her phone and he had to consider that it might take longer than he'd thought for her to notice him. Perhaps she wouldn't notice him. Alex sighed. "Hey," he said, startling the girl. She spun around to face him, holding the phone out behind her to capture their little conversation. "You know what the Ancient Egyptians would call that?" She shook her head. "Sorcery."

That made her frown. Alex looked down at her over the top of his sunnies. She was much shorter than him, but not by too much. Enough for him to feel way too tall. She didn't say anything to him for a long moment. "Hi."

He snorted and checked her out, a quick up and down. She wasn't with the tour; she'd just been following them up to the tomb. There, on a lanyard around her neck, was a Dig Pass. He sighed again. She was still cute. "What're you doing?" he asked, peering up at the phone in curiousity. It was still recording. He hadn't see her around, but at least her name was on the Pass. Savannah Johnson. So she was Professor Johnson's kid. Interesting. "You know, you're kinda short."
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue May 05, 2015 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue May 05, 2015 12:50 am
View Likes
Theodorable says...

Savannah Johnson * Walking towards QV52 with tour group

Savannah had woken up late- again. Her parents were going to kill her this time for sure. She had grabbed the first pair of jeans that she found, put on a sports tank from her favorite store Victoria's Secret, and grabbed her dig pass and her favorite pair of high heeled boots. They were high enough that the sand would have a hard time finding its way down to her feet.

She walked out of her tent in time to see the tour group heading towards the dig site. Seeing some other kids around her age, she figured she would see if there were any cute guys that she could spend some of her time with. Not all of my time has to be spent sifting through sand.

Making sure her hair was in place, Savannah sauntered over to the group. The first person she noticed was an extremely tall guy. He towered over her small frame. Wow. Then she spotted a pretty red head. Now she seems like someone I can talk to! Savannah made a mental note to try to find this girl later.

'Oh, dammit! How on earth did sand get into my shoe?" She couldn't believe that her boots had let her down. She paused to pull it off and dump out the offending stuff. "Good riddance!'

Noticing that the group had made it to the dig site, Savannah decided to pulled her phone out of her pocket. She held it up infront of her and got ready to record a video for her vlog. Making sure she had a big smile on her face, she hit the record button. "Hey everyone! Savannah here at the dig site. I'm getting ready to head into the tomb of Queen Tyti. This mysterious queen has so many secrets that no one has ever found the answers to. Let's see if we can-"

"Hey."

Savannah quickly turned around to see who had scared her, while making sure that her phone would be able to record the interaction.

The guy standing before her couldn't be much older than her. "You know what the ancient Egyptians would call that?"

She shook her head, not understanding why he was bothering her.

"Sorcery."

Ugh, really? Savannah frowned. Could this guy really not come up with something better? She didn't want to put much effort into a conversation with him, so she just said, "Hi."

She heard his snort and knew he was giving her a once over. There was nothing to be worried about. There was a reason that she hit the gym three times a week.

"What are you doing?" He asked looking at her phone. "You know you're kinda short."

Now it was Savannah's turn to snort. "Uh, hello? Rude much!" She started to turn around and leave him there, but something made her look back at him. "I'm recording for my vlog. It's the only way that I can stay in contact with my friends back home."

"Oh, so you're one of those girls, are you?" The smile on his face told her that he was teasing, but it just irritated her more.

"No, I am not one of those girls," the sarcasm dripped from her voice. "I am also providing proof fo when I apply to college, Smart ass."

With that she flipped her hair and gave a huge grin to her phone. "Sorry about that guys. I'm back. Now let's go see what my parents are up to at the dig site, shall we?"
Last edited by Theodorable on Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

Reviews: 0
Tue May 05, 2015 2:37 am
View Likes
witchbaby says...

Mignon Cavendish | Near the QV5 Guard House

A bead of sweat dropped on top of the laminated handouts they gave out on the bus. Minnie wiped it away and squinted at the next word. Some idiot had set the font size to a five and even if she stuck her face in, with her eyesight, it was nearly impossible.

She blew a raspberry as she gave in to the nagging voice of her mother that told her to wear the stupid glasses. Minnie reached inside her rucksack and blindly reached for the pair, her hand accidentally grazing the screen of her phone.

It had been two days since she had turned off the damned device. Her parents had called, texted, and emailed non-stop. And if she had to listen to the annoying ping one more time she was going to throw herself right in front of the tour bus.

When she finally had them on she was disappointed that the word was 'Tyti'. Minnie had read all about Queen T before she went to bed last night. She had strayed away from the group just to buy a book all about her, cringing at the details of her incestuous affairs.

The dude with the cast bumped into her and muttered a sorry. She waved him off. The people in her tour group were surprisingly young. Minnie laughed at the thought of them surrounding her father who, for some reason, hated teenagers.

Her thighs stuck together as she tried to keep up with the people at the dig site. She immediately regretted not wearing shorts. Minnie had opted instead for a caramel dress that she thought was cute. At least her old pair of Keds didn't let her down. She remembered the girl ridding her boots of sand.

Her thoughts were cut short by an Egyptian Guard. "Stop." He said grabbing her arm and pulling her aside.

She bit her lip from cursing aloud. Great. What had she done now?

"Hi.." She said looking at his name plate, "Ahkmed. What can I do for you?"

"We don't allow unauthorized personnel going inside the dig site." He released her arm.

Minnie held up her hands. "I'm with the tour group. I swear."

"Where's your pass then?"

OH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS.

Out of all the stupid things. She had forgotten the pass. The frigging pass. The whole point of this tour was the pass. It was essential. The tour guide had actually used the word essential.

"About that..." she trailed off.”Can I, like, get someone to vouch for me or something?"

Where had she left her pass?

The guard - Ahkmed - rolled his eyes. "You can try."

Good. Now if she actually knew someone it would be great.
Last edited by witchbaby on Wed May 06, 2015 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue May 05, 2015 3:07 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Anika, Market place (staying out of sight of the palace guards)

Anika touched the amulet around her neck. It comforted her as the guards ran past her hiding place. Anika stuck her head from under the cloths that covered the table she was under. The guards turned the corner and disappeared. Anika got up from her hiding spot and ran back to the group of other kids. While her friends were permitted to be naked until they were older Anika had to wear a simple white dress. But when playing she took the dress off and ran around with her friends.

The kids took off after a ball and repeatedly threw it against the wall. After a while the other had to go home for chores. Anika went to her hiding place and pulled on her dress. She grabbed the basket of goods for the kitchens and walked towards the palace.

Anika walked in and made her way silently to the kitchens, trying not to attract any attention. The queen's daughters played in the halls but fell silent when they caught sight of Anika. Once Anika passed by them they returned to tossing a ball down the halls and waiting for their dogs to retrieve them.

Anika dropped the food off in the kitchen and walked to her room down the hall from the kitchen. Once inside Anika took her dress off and took her amulet off. She sat on her bed and looked at the amulet in her hands. It was a deep amber color and was smooth as a pebble in the river.

"ANKA!!" Aria yelled from the garden outside. Anika walked to the window and saw her mother waving her over. Anika slipped her Amulet back on, as well as her dress and ran outside to help gather the vegetables that were ready to harvest. Anika worked alongside her mom. Aria looked at her daughter and sighed. Anika helped finish the harvest then took the basket her mother had and her own back to the storage rooms.

Aria followed Anika and sat her down inside the storage room. "Anika you have got to stop running off, Hadeel had to cover for you." She scolded.

Anika looked at her mother, "Hadeel doesn't mind mother. Hadeel said that she'd cover for me if I wanted to play with the others. And I still did the shopping, so what harm did it do?"

Aria looked at her daughter with love, even though Anika hadn't been born to her Aria loved her like one of her own. "Anika, Hadeel almost got into trouble earlier. She doesn't need any trouble right now, so I suggest you stop running off and do your chores." She stated sternly.

Anika nodded and followed her mother out of the store room and went to help prepare that night's meal for the Queen, Pharaoh, and their children.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Wed May 06, 2015 2:56 am
View Likes
Tuesday says...

James Henderson- On a bus, heading towards dig site

He looked out at the desert sand that swirled in the wind. He huffed, leaning his chin into his hand, gazing off into the distance seeing the faint trees and tents in the distance. His father had urged him to go to the camp with him to find the remands of a lost queen, paying him in cash from the moment he had said yes. All together James had thought, that it would only be himself digging in the sand while looking over at his book, seeing any fun facts he could tell himself. But instead he would be with other people, with different attitudes; mostly he didn't like working with people.

James looked down at the book he had in his lap, opened to a page of what were the "theories" of the land, the facts that could be interesting to him, and illustrations of hieroglyphics, having a key of what they meant. He knitted his eyebrows and read the words, while his father chuckled.
Without looking up, James asked, "What are you laughing at?"
"Nothing. Just the fact you are a bookworm."
"I am not a bookworm. But a person who enjoys the facts straight, in point and in print."
"James, you can look at the facts right in front of you. Which is why I brought you with me... Well, one of the reasons."
"What would be the other reasons?"
"Huh?"
James looked from the book, his glasses rested on the bridge of his nose. "What are the other reasons you brought me here?"
His dad chuckled. "One would be that you play on the video games to much. You need to find more friends, since you literally have no friends. Also you need to follow in my footsteps since you said when you wanted to be like me, at the age of three."
"Lame reasons."
His dad rolled his eyes, as he looked down the bus isle squirting. "They aren't lame."
"I would agree to disagree," James responded dryly. His dad was about to say something when the bus driver said they had arrived.

His father stood abruptly while James sat there, holding the book to his face as if there was fine print between the words. His dad sighed, getting the bags from above their heads, setting James's bag next to him.
"Come on. Don't wanna be late, now do we? And please, put that book away. No one wants to see a book here about useless facts."
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue May 12, 2015 2:42 am
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

Michaela Ryan | Near the QV5 Guard House

"For how long would we be at the dig site, dad?" Micha asked as she surveyed the items on the wooden desk. There were plans, bottles of water, and a few items she was unfamiliar with which she wasn't allowed to touch. "Mom would kill us both if she finds out you allowed me to come with you."

"It's not always you go with me anymore, darling. I'll take the bullets for you when we get back to the hotel," Mr. Ryan smirked, messing his daughter's hair. "Come on. Let's see if the others found anything new yet."

I don't think you can handle mom as well as you can handle unexpected situations during your exploits though...

Micha rolled her eyes then brushed away the thought of her mom going into a full-blown panic. She was about to go to the Tomb of Queen Tyti. Whatever consequences were going to be worth it. Before she and her father was far from the guard house though, they heard something like trouble brewing up.

"I'm with the tour group. I swear," a girl in a caramel dress told the guard. Micha pouted. Was she trying to get in without permission?

"Is that..." her father stopped walking and turned around, about to head to where the girl was. "Hold on, darling."

Huh?

Micha followed his lead, listening to the argument as she went. For some reason, her dad seemed to want to help the strange kid. When she was close enough, she saw her father put his hand on the guard's shoulder.

"She's with me and my daughter. Sorry. She must have forgotten her pass at the hotel we're staying at."

Micha blinked. Why had her father just lied then? The guard, who she heard was named Ahkmed, looked at her. She simply nodded her head, playing along as she saw her dad waggle his eyebrows twice.

"Y-yeah... she's a friend of mine."

With all that said and done, the mystery girl was allowed inside, her dad accompanying her away from the guard house.

"Thank you for that," the mystery girl said.

"No problem." Mr. Ryan asked, looking around as if expecting someone else. "So, where's your father?"

Micha and the girl stared at him confusedly. A family friend I don't know of?

"He... uh... gave me the ticket and let me go on this trip instead. Are you a friend of his?"

"Something like that. We've talked from time to time," he replied, his tone making it obvious he found her story hard to believe. "Well, if you're alone, you can go with Micha and I. We're heading to the same place as the tour group."

The two girls checked each other out. "Alright then."

As the trio made their way to the tomb, Micha checked the girl out one more time before attempting to talk to her.

"So... I'm Micha, what's your name?" she asked, keeping her distance from the stranger a shoulder width apart.

"Mignon," she replied after a while, making it clear to Micha that she wasn't in the mood for small talk. Something seemed to be bothering her, but Micha didn't want to risk to seem as if she's prying.

Well, this will be one heck of an experience.
Not anymore.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 16, 2015 4:16 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Alexander Price | Outside QV52, then inside - Entrance Corridor:

"I'm still here."

No reply. He huffed out a breath and planted his hands on his hips, watching Savannah as she continued on with her blog. Alex was annoyed. Girls didn't usually ignore him. He watched her as she turned around to head for the dig, and followed her at a slightly slower pace. She was completely ignoring him, chatting away to her phone. It was irritating.

"I'm still here, Savannah," he said, raising his voice. She didn't appear to hear him. Alex rolled his eyes and turned to watch the tour group as they entered the tomb. Everyone but one girl was held back. He sighed. Looked like he had to go rescue someone again. "If you're not gonna talk to me, I'll just go talk to someone else."

Alex strode off, leaving Savannah doing whatever it was she was doing. If she said anything, he didn't hear her. Instead, he approached the guard and the girl. And stopped short when someone beat him to it. Alex sighed and turned to look for Savannah again. She was still chatting away to her phone. What was it again? A vlog? He shook his head, and glanced about, trailing behind the tour group for a bit.

When his attention drifted back to Savannah, she was speaking to a pair of adults who were clearly her parents--one of which was definitely Professor Johnson. He slipped a bit closer to eavesdrop, and smothered a laugh at the look she gave the Professor when he told her to turn her phone off. It was like the very thought was the end of the world. Alex watched as she brushed past her dad and stormed off into the tomb.

"Well, there goes my entertainment for the rest of the day," he muttered and made to follow her. Professor Johnson stopped him as he made to brush past him. Alex paused and looked up at him, eyebrow raised.

The professor just watched him for a moment. "Keep an eye on her for me?" he asked, jerking his head back towards the tomb. "I don't want anyone to get hurt. And stay out of trouble; I know what you're like. Your dad warned me about you."

Alex groaned. "Well, there's goes my brilliant plan for this afternoon's prank!"

"Just watch her for me."

"Fiiine," he muttered, rolling his eyes at the request. Alex ignored the look Professor Johnson was giving him and strolling into the tomb. He removed his sunnies and followed the tour group closely, watching them and counting heads. It was a fairly average tour group.

The tour guide rattled on about the tomb and its owner for several minutes before motioning for them to turn around. Alex stepped to the side so he wasn't in the way and waited until most of the group was out of the way. Well, the adults anyway.

"Yo, eighteens and under," he called, smirking. "Over here please." The tour guide turned to shoot him a glare, but he knew she wouldn't do anything. The under-eighteens guide was his thing. The tour company knew him well--for this dig, anyway. He watched several wary kids step to the side or stop walking. One kid glanced up from his book and blinked at him. The man walking beside him hesitated for a moment. Obviously a parent. "I'm here to give you a private tour--once all the dig team members have cleared out, so feel free to hang out here for a bit." He gave everyone a stern look. "I'll be right back. And for the love of the gods, don't touch anything."

Alex gave Savannah a meaningful look before he turned to head deeper into the tomb. Hopefully nothing would be broken when he got back.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Thu May 21, 2015 1:27 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Jean Kinado|right before the entrance

Jean walked up the entrance and showed his pass to the guard. He nodded once then let him in. The boy swiftly went in, and talked with a few people, mainly adults. He was excited to be here; this was the first time his uncle had decided to let him go on one of the tours. The brunette excitedly glanced at the sight before him. He couldn't wait!

Once the man had left, Jean sat on the ground, feeling very nervous. he hadn't been around so many people his age for a few years now. His uncle had been home schooling him ever since his parents were put in jail. He hummed softly to himself, trying to figure out how to act when a random teen started talking with him. Jean, overjoyed, quickly became friends with the stranger, and soon with the other person's friends.

Jean thought happily, Wow. This is so fun!

He couldn't wait until the actual tour itself. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a flash of something going near one of the walls, but he thought nothing of it. I must be seeing things. he told himself.
Last edited by keystrings on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:22 am
View Likes
Theodorable says...

Savannah I In the entrance of the tomb

Savannah watched as Alex left the room to head down the hall. Of course he would be leading the tour. Savannah knew that majority of the other teens that were here woulnd't dare to look around or explore further, she took the opportunity to look around.

She glance around the walls of the room, there was nothing special about the entrance. The plain brick walls were starting to crumble with time. The paintings on the walls were faded and half erased from the crumbling bricks. Making sure that no one was watching her, Savannah moved toward the hallway. She had gotten about halfway down when someone noticed her walking away from the group.

"Hey! You're not supposed to leave the group," someone called behind her.

Without looking back she said, "There's no rules about staying in the entrance."

She heard them mumbling amongst each other, trying to decide if they should follow her or not. They must have come to a decision, because she then heard the faint sounds of footsteps headed towards her.

Running her hand against the back pocket of her jeans, making sure that she still had her dig brushes with her. Feeling the familiar rough cotton against her skin, let her know that she did indeed have them.

Traveling deeper into the tomb, Savannah could hear Alex talking with the dig team. He was trying to get them to take a break so they could have their tour. She looked around the corner to see where he was.

He was in the second side chamber to the left of the burial chamber. If she was fast enough, she could make it to the rear annex without him noticing her. She knew that he would most likely see the rest of the group following her, but it was a risk she was willing to take to make sure that she was able to investigate without anyone bothering her.

Timing it just right, she quickly made her way across the burial chamber and into the rear annex. Now to solve the mystery...

Spoiler! :
I know I said I would have this posted sooner, but I just had a lot of stuff come up the past couple of weeks. I left some details out so anyone could be the person that called out to Savannah. More details can be added as well about the discussion to follow or not, it's up to whoever posts next.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:32 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Anka: Sitting in the Garden thinking

Anika picked at the hem of her white tunic. The amulet around her neck stuck to her sweaty skin. Anka's hair flowed loosely around her face. Hiding the tears in her eyes. Aria had never spoken so harshly to her before. Her mother was always understanding towards her, yet today her mother had snapped at her for running off. Thought Anka couldn't blame her. After all she was a palace slave and wasn't old enough to be in the market alone yet. Anka continued to pick at her tunic. Anka looked around the Garden again. She'd been sent out after she dropped the container with the flour inside. Aria of course sent a pity look her way that time but couldn't follow her child out. So Anka sat by herself. Thinking about her life and how many times she'd screwed up. Being a palace slave wasn't what Anka wanted. Anka wanted to be able to be like the other children in the market place, free. unfortunately Anka had to live a life she didnt want. Before Anka stood up she touched the amulet on her chest and smiled. Her amulet made her feel better. Slowly Anka made her way to the small garden building in the back of the garden and slipped in. She was out of the sun but that didnt stop the heat from making her sweat. Anka pursed her lips and whispered a small wish. "I wish that someone would come take me from this place." she said. And suddenly a flash of light appeared.

Spoiler! :
Hopefully that didnt rush anyone, it seemed like a great place to stop for Anka for now
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:53 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Jean | At the Entrance

Jean was wrong, actually. It wasn't a flash; instead, it was a girl who fearlessly strolled into the tomb, completely ignoring what the guide had said. He stared at her for a second, shocked that she would actually do something like that. Sheesh. That girl is so brave... way more than I will ever be. He looked at the rest of the teens around him, and heard their debate on what to do.

"Do you wanna follow her?" a blond teen asked around, his face almost blank, besides for one raised eyebrow.

The huddle of kids all wrung their hands out, unsure of what to say.

"I dunno. I don't wanna get in trouble though." A girl frowned, the same person who called out in warning earlier, and looked a little frustrated. She probably hoped that this time she would be heard and acknowledged.

Two others shrugged their shoulders and smiled, "Why not?"

They looked to Jean to see his opinion. At first, he thought to stay, but with a way of braveness, whether it was influenced by the girl or not, he nodded in consent. "Yeah let's go. How bad could it be?"

The rest chuckled and grinned in return, save for the brunette who was now rolling her eyes. She still went with them though, as they started to follow the daring teenager deeper into the tomb. The blond, who had spoke previously, pointed out where the adult was with a slight nod of his head, and pointed to where the girl was walking towards. The group as a whole, quietly moved past the area of where the tour guide person was, and farther into the tomb.

When they neared her, Jean couldn't help but swallow in anticipation. I feel like this is not going to end well...

Spoiler! :
Is this okay? If you want me to write more, feel free to say so. I just got a few inspirations from rereading the previous posts. If any of you want me to insert your character into the group chat, feel free to tell me, and I'll edit this to include you too. Actually, if you want, I can have Alex notice them and call out or something like that? Just tell me in case you want me to do that, okay? Thanks!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

212 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:35 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Kelty|At the Dig Site

One of her shoelaces was untied. Sighing, Kelty bent down and retied it. Flipping her hair back as she stood up, she turned up the volume on her music and listened, satisfied, to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack. Her fingers tapped the rhythm onto her thigh, and she hummed a harmony, making a mental note to write it down whenever she managed to find a piano next. She followed the group, not really caring about anything. God, I wish I could have gone to music camp. I would have learned so much more that I will in this stupid dirt hole. The person in front of her- a girl, rather short, with a mildly annoyed expression on her face- moved aside abruptly, and Kelty followed blindly. One of the boys stepped forward and said something. Her music was too loud for her to hear anything, but she shrugged it off, reminding herself that she really didn't care.

The group stepped just into the entrance of the tomb, and exicted conversation broke out. The girl from before stepped further into the tomb, saying something about not staying in the entrance. Kelty curled her lip before continuing further into the tomb, away from all the noise, sitting down on something that was probably ancient and precious. Pulling out her phone from the back pocket of her shorts, she opened the folder that contained her own arrangements and set it to play on random. Pulling her knees to her chest, Kelty shut her eyes and let her mind travel to the realm of music.

When she opened her eyes again, the group was discussing something. She took out one earbud and listened to the boy speaking. I catch the end of his sentence. "-go. How bad could it be?" Kelty rolled her eyes, picturing all the ways it could go wrong and almost feeling excited at the prospect. At least if something happened, she could leave early and go to the camp at Berklee. Why on earth had her mother thought that she'd be even remotely interested in a dig site, of all things?

The group's movement shook Kelty out of her thoughts, and she moved along with them, still lost in the world of her music. The tall boy from before was standing there, arguing with a few adults. Turning around, he saw the group and rolled his eyes, looking as though he was trying very hard to refrain from cursing. For the first time that day, Kelty turned off her music and put it away. if things were to continue like this, the dig site could get very interesting. A mischievous smile spread across her face as she looked at the people around her, silently appraising them and wondering how she could drive them insane in the shortest amount of time.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places, you’re off and away!
— Dr. Seuss