z

Young Writers Society

The Weekday King

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:55 pm
Hattable says...

The Weekday King SB, YWS Storybooks

Yet another chronicle coming to you from the Chatroom Archives. Prepare yourself for the adventures of the drunken Weekday King and his knights, the Weekday Brotherhood. A vodka thief is on the loose and magical beings inhabit the hills surrounding the kingdom. Many adventures are in store for those joining this SB!

Spoiler! :
We'd like to keep the rating as PG to PG-13 as possible, so please refrain from profanity unless absolutely necessary.
The only other rules are:

-first person chooses the POV for everyone else

-world building is allowed by everyone

-magical powers are allowed but not to god mode, if you're wondering about your power being too strong feel free to contact me

-the king can be killed and replaced, but please make it realistic and possibly imply that you're planning to do so in the DT (discussion topic)

If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me or ask about them in the DT!

NEW RULE as of March 27, 2015
All participants of the Weekday King SB may have up to two (2) active characters at a time. When one of those characters dies you can add a new one.
This rule has been added due to our lack of knights in the Weekday Brotherhood (alliance that defends the kingdom).

This rule also brings up the requirement of putting your character name and their location at the top of your post. For example:
(character name, location at start of post)
Please use bold in these headings, as is shown in the example given.
Thank you, now let the SB continue!
Last edited by Hattable on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:25 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Avery Fowl, The Weekday Kingdom

I whistled as I walked into the Weekday Kingdom, glad to be back. Weekday was closer to a home than anywhere else, even if I was only here for a funeral. King Wednesday had recently died, and he had been a good friend of mine. Supposedly, his son was going to replace him as King... I didn't even know he had any children!

In the crowded marketplace, I bumped into a dark-haired girl around my age.

"Watch where you're going!" she yelled, whirling around. I was quite taken aback.

"Well. Pardon me, miss, for doing nothing," I said coldly. I didn't know her, and had no reason to be kind. "By the way, could you show me the way to the ceremony?"

The girl huffed and turned away from me. Sighing, I whistled for a bird. A sparrow flew towards me and perched on my outstretched hand.

"Show me the way to the ceremony," I whispered. The sparrow flew off, only to return moments later with the directions I required. "Thanks."

Sliding through the crowded streets, I made my way to the court at the side of the castle. Jumping up, I could only see a little bit of what was going on: a casket, a preforming jester (who looked rather mad, for some reason), and-

Was that Wednesday's son?! That... that... that good for nothing slacker was going to be king? I moved in for a closer look.
Last edited by Que on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm
View Likes
Tuesday says...

Prince Tuesday, Weekday Kingdom

I looked in the mirror, my hair messy and my blue eyes had bags underneath them; like a real king would have. I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair, why today would be the day that all of Weekday would have finally noticed King Wednesday's only son being King! I never wanted to be king although you do get free drinks (which sometimes I would sneak) and everyone listened to what you would have to say; yet a 16 year old being king, that would be the stuff of legends.

I walked to my closet while glancing at the time, which was dangerously close to the balcony scene where everyone screams your name and people try-and fail- to throw wonderful flowers at you. I have seen it may times, in the crowd holding onto my mother's hand her smile lighting up my day; now after she had died, every thing seemed out of place and even my dad stepped from the throne. It was just a horrible day after that and no one could be happy. Even I couldn't.

"Tuesday!" My maid barked as she slammed opened the door, her hair messy and scowl pressed upon her winkled face. The thought raced out of my head as I turned and smiled sheepishly at my maid.

"Ah, Maid June! What could you want?"
"Are you even ready for the time yet, Tuesday?"
"Well, I was go--" I was stopped by clothes falling into my arms. Maid June was in my closet, grumbling about how crazy someone would be from me to be king. She turned around at me, hands on her hips and the same scowl.

"Don't tell me 'you were going to get dressed'! I known you for when you were born and you were a stinky like your papa! Now get dressed!" And with that she slammed the door, leaving me in the room with my arms halfway falling asleep. I groaned as I threw the clothes onto my bed then laid my head onto my pillow; why did I have to be king?

Later I had gotten dress, while slumping in the throne while the Jester was entertaining me. I groaned as I looked at a clock; it was time to be king and of course, I being a 16 year old with no idea what to do sighed when Maid June pulled me to the doors. Dusting my robs off then sometimes adjusting my hat and would yell at a cook to pass some nice smelling flowers (did I smell that bad?)

"Smile and Wave or do nothing at all." She advised when I heard the trumpets beginning to play and took a deep breathe and Maid June opened the door. I walked out and saw the millions of residents, cheering my name while I smiled and waved yet in my head, I was screaming at the people or maybe hiding behind a guard. It was going to be and long time before this was over and I needed a drink-- Fast!
Last edited by Tuesday on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

141 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:46 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

Jethro Fredericks, Weekday Castle

King Wednesday was dead.
The news had swept the kingdom quicker than a good joke could fly over Prince Tuesday’s head. Well, I say Prince Tuesday, but it won’t be so for long. Soon the filthy little urchin would be king. I despised him with ever fiber of my body. Not only was the runt a lying thief, stealing drinks from the cellar frequently, but he made ridiculous requests of me for his entertainment. Unlike his father, who had preferred jokes and card tricks, Tuesday liked to watch me fumble through dangerous stunts and unrealistic challenges. He’d make me juggle tiny coins, turkey legs, and even puppies. He’d ask for me to leap across the moat with a plate of rolls balanced on my head. One time he even ordered me to lift a sheep and toss it throw a flaming hoop.
Needless to say, the prince ate roast lamb that night.
It was for these reasons that, while most collapsed in a puddle of tears at the news, I grew incredibly angry.

Why, then, you ask, didn’t I just leave? That’s because, unfortunately, I was wrongly accused of a crime and sentenced to entertaining the royal family for life. If it was for their lives, not mine, I would have been free the instant King Wednesday died. But that wasn’t the case.
Now I would face the worst years of my “career”. Entertaining King Tuesday with no escape, no freedom because his parents allowed me a break, nothing to protect me from his ruthless requests. That’s when I made my decision.

The moment I heard of King Wednesday’s death, the moment I realized that Tuesday would take the throne, I sought out an old friend. Jerold Dags, a professional knife-thrower, and I had known each other as children. He’d always been enthusiastic about knives and usually tossed them at trees as he tried to hone his potential skills. Eventually his training wore off and he became the best knife-thrower in the kingdom. The reason I sought him out was because I never had much of an interest in knives until I heard the news. Therefore I needed a mentor. And who better than the best knife-thrower in the kingdom?
In short, I planned to ask Dags for some lessons.
Particularly in throwing to kill.

257 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:23 pm
View Likes
Tuesday says...

Grand Knightess Tagena, The Weekday Kingdom

I was riding my horse, through the crowds getting ready for the kinghting of Tuesday. Some were laughing while others seemed more or less, weary about him being king; I couldn't agree more. You see, his father King Wednesday said one day while we were walking in his garden that "when I die, I want you to be the ruler over this land" and I nodded yet somehow, his wish never foresaw me becoming the Queen over this land. I mean, sure I was a girl who everyone thought would fail at life in the beginning would be servant but if they could only see me now (my dog "was playing" with them."

I trotted along the main route, along the markets and lesser people in the streets. Some of the men in street would move out of the way and some would bit their thumb at me which i would get most of the time, considering that I am a girl after all.

I find the stabled near the castle and got off my noble horse, walked it into the stables to see King Tuesday on balcony, looking over at the village. Poor guy, being king after his dad had died; I mean I would care if he became king yet somehow the way he was looking at the sky, made me rethink how I might change my view on him. I mean his hair was shining black from the sun rising and he was leaning on one arm, dreamily looking at the sky...

I snapped my view from him and shook it out of my head; why would I even like Tuesday, he was going to be king when really I should be? I shook the thought out of my head while needing a drink.

she/they

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:07 pm
View Likes
bellathebookworm says...

Lobella Merchant, Weekday Kingdom

I ran through the streets, trying to get back home as quickly as possible. Father would kill me if I was late again... I clutched tight to my skirts, picked up the pace, and slammed into a young man. I looked up at him and snarled. "Out of the way!" I yelled, and rushed further down the road, thinking nothing of it.

A sweaty fifteen minutes later, I reached the house and barged inside. I heard my father screaming my name to the maids. "All you had to do was watch her! You had one job, you had one- ah, my dear." He said, spotting me.
"Father, must we do this again?" I said, sighing. He brushed his fingers over my hair and picked up dirt, not listening.
"Where were you, Bella? Don't you know better than to go out before these... events?" He asked, growing suspicious.
"The market," I lied.
"Mhm. Now get redressed, my dear, and come back down." He snapped at the maids. "Come on, quickly."

I walked up the stairs and allowed the maids to undress and dress me while my mind buzzed. Who would it be this time? An obnoxious to-be king, a boring duke, a bloated rich kid... nothing I hadn't dealt with before. What if father knew what I really wanted in a mate, I thought, and grinned with the audacity of it. Marriage was not for love, not for me. It was for power. In a way, I was jealous of the filthy street rats for that. If only, I thought, imagining telling father that I didn't want to marry any of his hideous suitors, if only.

Gowned in a gorgeous new dress and resigned to my fate, I walked back down the stairs.

498 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:24 am
View Likes
Que says...

Avery Fowl, Weekday Inn

I growled in fury as I paced the small room of the inn I was staying in (Weekday Inn, of course). How could anyone allow that idiot to take the throne? He's younger than me! Not to mention constantly drunk. ah yes, his drunkenness. Now that was something I could change. Living my life as a thief gave me great skills, but I would need some assistance to take on the Prince- King now, I supposed. Drunken or not, he still held power.

When I had payed my respects to his father along with the other citizens, Tuesday had only barely opened his mouth when he collapsed. He still held a bottle of vodka in his hand. I stared out the window in disgust as he paraded by with all of his knights (I noticed a female among them, oddly enough).

The jester was there as well, still looking rather depressed and angry. This time, however, there was a kind of glint in his eye that wasn't there before, and something different in the way he held himself. Interested, I scribbled a quick note on a scrap of paper. It read:

"Jester-
You seem a poor soul, yet you are defiant. Do you stand against this witless Tuesday? I have been considering taking some drastic measures in ensuring he doesn't kill his own people- starting with the vodka. It should be eradicated. Normally I keep to myself, but seeing you, I couldn't help but wonder. 2 in the afternoon tomorrow, in the side garden of the castle, if you please.
-Prince of Birds"

I opened up my traveling sack and poked Flit awake. The hummingbird shook itself sleepily as I tied the note to its extended leg. Then, telling him to find the jester, I gave him a little toss out the window.

If I could get the jester to help me, than perhaps we could help a better person ascend to the throne. He seemed like a good person to have as an ally. Never would I go as far as killing Tuesday, however- that's against my moral code, and he's too young as it was. But his Kingship was really setting me on edge... So maybe it would be okay... I quickly shook my head, trying to get rid of those thoughts. Instead I went out to "earn" some money.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:55 am
View Likes
Kanome says...

Belrose – Weekday Kingdom, Physician Office

Belrose, known for her wonderful herbal medicine and remedies, was the youngest Physician throughout the whole Weekday Kingdom. She helps anyone in need, with or without pay, depends on the person’s financial status.

Belrose was up, bright and early, starting off her day as usual. Drinking a cup of herbal green tea as she ate a small sweet roll at her small table in her Physician’s Office.
As she began eating, she opened up one of her books that was labeled “Lavender Herb Remedies.” She began to read intensely.

There was a knock on the office door. Still eating her well-baked sweet roll, she kept reading her book. “Come in.”
The door slowly opened, and there stood Prince Tuesday.
“Ah, hello there, your highness.”

He was holding a bottle of alcohol. “I am going to be king!”

“Ah…” She didn’t what to think about Tuesday being king. She doesn’t know if she approves or not of this gesture. “That’s great, your highness.” She kept reading her book.

Belrose stood from her chair, grabbing her small woven basket and heading out of the kingdom. She started walking around the market district. She stood in front of the herb stand. “Excuse me.”
The merchant turned around. “Ah, Ms. Belrose. Here for more herbs, I presume?”

“Yes. Some lavender.” The merchant grabbed some lavender, placing them gently inside Belrose’s basket.
“Here you go.” Belrose gave the merchant ten gold coins.
“Ah, bless your heart.”
Belrose smiled as she started to walk around the market district some more. As she kept walking, she bumps into someone, falling down on the ground, her basket knocked over to its side.

She stood up slowly, rubbing the back of her head. “Ah, I’m sorry.”
The person who she bumped into a strange-looking man, who had a hummingbird flying beside him.
Belrose helped the man up on his feet.

“It’s fine.” The man spoke, picking up the small basket for her. “Are you okay?”

Belrose nodded gently. She noticed the man’s arm was bleeding. “Ah, you’re hurt.”
“Eh.”
“It’s not eh!” Belrose grabbed the name’s hand. “Come with me.”

She started walking, the man followed. “My name is Belrose by the way. Yours?”
“…Avery.”
“Nice to meet ya, Avery!”
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

257 Reviews

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:53 am
View Likes
Tuesday says...

King Tuesday, Weekday Castle

After the crowning, I decided that being king was horrible as it had seem; you sign papers with a quill that seemed to be plucked out of the bird's poor skin; ladies "dig" from your pockets and let you die alone while they wear the gold; and most of all, you have to be nice to the people of the castle (which in my opinion, I am nice but to some they would think I am a goat.)

I walked down the hallway of the castle, enjoying the tall pillars that lined these passageways. My crown was skew atop my mop of black hair, the cape they gave me to wear seemed to almost trip me, and I smelled like I was dipped in lavender butter then given to the flowers. It made my gag and my stomach do cartwheels, which is the reason I would be going to the doctor, Belrose the nearest doctor in Weekday Kingdom and the only doctor. I grabbed my last vodka bottle, the lost one in my whole collection of vodka. I had wondered where the vodka kept disappearing to yet it never lasted in my mind for more than 5 seconds.

I called my peasant to get my horse ready as he would dip his head hearty then scurry off to find the horses stables. Made me laugh at how people ran through the streets or how people inside the castle would run. The jester would kick his feet up while he ran which was a wonderful treat to see since he was the jester after all. The Tagena, would run backwards and frontwards as if to taunt those that were behind her which could be a wonderful role in a higher knight yet female higher knights were never admitted.

My peasant brought Yours my horse.
"Here's Yours, sire."
"Here's what?"
"Yours."
"Of what?"
".... Your horse, sire."
I would chuckled and slap my peasant on the back, riding into the town.

When i got into town, i saw many different people crowding every nook and cranny selling spices to animals furs to children. Some of the people in the street would glare at me while others would spit on the road that i was trotting along. I see that also being king was that everyone hated you; even though your father was loved.

I rode on until I came to Belrose's office. I trotted in and decided to take out my vodka since I was thirsty and vodka can cure an upset stomach. I knocked on her door where a voice rang behind it; a wonderful voice that rang like a bell.
"Come in!"
I opened the door, seeing Belrose reading a book, while eating a bun.
"Ah, Hello there, your highness."
I nearly shouted, "I am going to be your king." Wow, this vodka comes to the brain fats I thought as I danced in the doorway. Belrose sighed and stated,"That's nice, your highness." Then continued to eat her bun.

I stuck out my lip as i gulped down another drink of vodka.
"Now.. Belrese.. I neerd youse help.. my sumech is not on the good side," I slurred as Belrose looked up with a tight smile.
"I can help!"
I blinked as Belrose, rose from her seat and walked over to a pot of boiling something. She added a herb to it then mumbled under her breath.
Belrose wore the same smile as she held my mouth ajar and started to pour a foul liquid down my throat.

A few hours later, i woke up and my head felt like it had exploded. I looked around at a room with nothing but a window and a bed. I tried to move my hands yet they felt unusable and when i looked back, they were tied with rope. I sighed; i had been king for one day and this happens?
I was about to try to escape when a dark shadow crossed over me.

she/they

498 Reviews

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:36 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Avery, Belrose's Physician office

As Belrose led me back to her shop, she told me about her being a physician. Even though I knew she was a doctor, I was surprised (not to mention suspicious) that a perfect stranger would want to take care of my arm. It was just a scratch, anyway, not something to be concerned about.

I hardly spoke at all, but it's not like I had anything to say. Soon, we arrived at her shop.

"Wait here while I get some ingredients from the back," Belrose said cheerily. I sat on a chair in her front office while she disappeared into a back room. Oddly enough, I could hear some groans and a muffled voice. As much as I wanted to investigate, I was already wary of Belrose and didn't want her to distrust me.

"Tell me what's going on in that back room," I whispered to Flit. He chirped and zoomed away, flying across the room and through the narrow door. He came back mere seconds later, perching on my open palm.

"It's that mangy one- with the black hair! The one who is always slouching and wobbling around. You know, the new one." Flit squeaked. I looked at him quizzically for a moment.

"You mean Tuesday?" I responded, refusing to acknowledge his kingship. Flit hopped up and down in excitement.

"Yes! Yes, that is the one! He is tied up on a bed and very groggy!"

I stared a Flit, agape. "Wha- but why? I mea-"

"What is that strange language you speak?" It was Belrose. Somehow she had come back into the room without my notice. She carried a large bowl and some herbs in her arms.

"Nothing you need to know," I said curtly. "But what I need to know is why you have the new king tied up in your back room." I glanced out the window and saw the clock in the tower. "And you'd best make it quick, I have an appointment to make with the jester. You have twenty minutes to explain yourself."

141 Reviews

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:24 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

Jethro, Jethro's Chambers

I was pacing my room. Pacing helped people think, or so I assumed. Why else would they do it?
“Argh!” I exclaimed, pounding a fist on a wobbly table. The blasted king had run off half an hour ago and Queen Monthsguard was to reach the castle in an hour. It would take far longer than that time to find Tuesday and get him back to the castle.
“Blabbering drunk… worthless king…” I muttered under my breath as I resumed pacing. Not only did I have to worry about a potential war between the Weekday Kingdom and the Monthsguard Kingdom if Tuesday did something stupid (if he was found in time) but I’d received a strange note.
During the king’s coronation procession through the city a small bird has flown up to me, fluttering around in my face with a note strapped to its leg.
Taking the note I learned that someone, the “Prince of Birds”, wanted to meet with me in the side garden of the castle.
There were two problems with this. One, they wanted to meet this afternoon. And two, they didn’t specify which side garden.
With a sigh I slumped into an armchair and reread the note until I dozed off.

I awoke to someone banging on my door, demanding entrance. Groggily, I stood from my chair and went to let the rude visitor in.
“Yes, yes, yes! What is it?” I called impatiently. Opening the door revealed three guards, one in red, one in yellow, and one in blue. “Can I help you?” I asked, confused.
“Yes, you can,” the red guard said. “Seize him.”
The two other guards stepped forward and grabbed me by the arms.
“What is this?” I demanded in frustration. “What have I done?”
“Jester Jethro Fredericks,” the red guard began. “You’re under arrest for suspicious activity.”
Caught completely off guard, all I could do was spew gibberish as I tried to string my words together. “What suspicious activity?!”
“We have reason to believe that you’ve kidnapped King Tuesday and are holding him in your chambers. Search the place.”
Two other guards, one orange and one green, stepped into view and began rummaging through my room.
“No, stop! This is madness! I haven’t seen the king since the coronation procession!” I explained. The red guard leaned in, glaring at me furiously.
“Yeah, and neither has anyone else. Take him away.”
The two guards restraining me shoved me through the doorway and began to pull me down the corridor. Quickly glancing back into my room I saw one of the guards pick up the strange note and unfold it.
“Wait!” the red guard called back. The guards holding me froze and spun around, stilling holding me tightly. The red guard strode out of my room and down the hall towards us, note in hand.
“Care to explain this, jester?” he spat. Once again, my mind was lost on words.
“You know what this is, don’t you?” the guard taunted.
“It’s a note…” I said. Anger flashed through the guard’s eyes and he backhanded me with his gauntleted fist.
“You like being smart, eh jester?” he growled. “I know it’s a note, but it’s also evidence. Evidence of your treason.” Wincing, I tried to object. “Shut it. Alfred, come here!”
The green guard poked his head out of my door and waddled over. “Yes sir?”
“I want you to gather some men and find this ‘Prince of Birds’. He’s been conspiring treason against the king with this jester here.” The red guard handed the note to Alfred and spoke to me again. “You know what the punishment for treason is, don’t you?”
I gulped as the guards on either side of me dragged me away again. This time, though, we weren’t headed for the dungeons.
“Hope you’re ready for the guillotine, treasonous scum,” one muttered to me.

257 Reviews

Sun May 03, 2015 9:12 pm
View Likes
Tuesday says...

Grand Knightess Tagena, Weekday Castle

The news of the King Tuesday's kidnapping- would it be kingnapping?- spread fast. People whispered to one another, in the alley ways with theories of who might be the kingnapper. Most have said that is was someone close, wanting him to step down from being king or rather didn't like the fact that he was king. i couldn't have agreed more to what some of theories were but some where little over the top like the doctor could have done it, assuming that was where the King was at last but it seemed unlikely.

I rode my horse around town, enjoying the smells of the city with damp winds blowing. People walked awkwardly, holding their food in their arms like thieves. While riding, I came across a person with nothing more than a huge sack and was looking back whenever they would have walked. I didn't mind this person since in the town, most people would look suspicious while carrying a bag when really they were feeding their family.

The thought of the person carrying a bag was cut off by a clanking, like glass against glass. It was faint but loud enough for me to hear; no one else seemed to hear it as they continued on with their lives trading foods and what-nots. I heard the clanking noises coming from the person with the bag and I raced after them, my horse's hooves echoing down the alley I was in.

The person looked back, their face contorted into glee from shock as they ran faster the clanking in the bag growing bigger.

"Halt!" I yelled as the person giggled, thinking this was funny. From the corner of my eye, I saw tunnel and knew that would be the only way of trying to catch this person. I turned my horse into the tunnel, ignoring the warning of road not done, as people screamed dropping baskets of food. I jumped over these baskets as i knew I would be getting closer to this person.

I noticed that this person was running into the forest, drawing deep breathes and groaning at the pain of the rocks stubbing them in the toe. Got you, I mumbled to myself as I slowed my horse and got off. The person put their hands on their knees, grabbing air while settling the bag onto the ground next to their leg.

"What is in the bag?"
"Why do you care? It is my bag! No one else's business but mine!"
I rolled my eyes. "Again, what is in the bag?"
"Why should I tell you?"
I held my hand on my sword. "I am the knight of the King. Now tell me what is in that bag."

she/they

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon May 04, 2015 1:15 am
View Likes
CarsonTheArson says...

Venna, Weekday Kingdom

I was walking through the town with a very nice new collection of vodka tucked away in a big bag across my shoulder, continuously looking around. The great Venna the vodka thief had acquired more to add to her every growing stash. Now just to get back to my little hideout in the forest where I could enjoy it all in peace. I kept walking, hearing the clinking of the bottles as they shifted in the bag.

I had been smiling happily lost in my thoughts as I was making my way across town when I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned to look behind me to see a woman on her horse watching me and the bad on my back, and heard her yell for me to stop. I laughed a bit. As if I would really stop.

Giving her a sly smile and a giggle, I took off in the other direction, the bottles banging together louder, and she chased after me.

Jumping after obstacles in the roads and skirting around people as they tried to get out of the way of the chase. I reached the outskirts of the forest and giggled to myself knowing I was close to getting back to my hideout.

In the moment of running from this person, I hadn’t noticed some of the rocks on the ground and ran my foot into them, making me stumble a bit. I cursed to myself at the carelessness, leaning down a bit and letting the bag slump to the ground beside me as I rested my hands on my knees, looking over at the woman who had now gotten down from her horse and come over.

"What is in the bag?"

Really? Like I would actually tell her what’s in the bag. "Why do you care? It is my bag! No one else's business but mine!"

"Again, what is in the bag?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"I am the knight of the King. Now tell me what is in that bag."

I saw her hold onto her sword, and just laughed. Well, if she really wanted to know, I might as well tell her.

“Well, since the king has been kidnapped, he doesn’t have a lot of use for all this vodka, now does he? Don’t want it all to go to waste, after all. Thought I would take advantage of the king’s little inconvenience. More for me.”

With that, I leaned down to the bag and took out a bottle, grinning and dangling it around a bit before opening it and downing half the liquid inside.

“Delicious. Too bad. That king of yours is definitely missing out.”
QCOH

Quack quack ^>^^<^

257 Reviews

Thu May 07, 2015 12:29 am
View Likes
Tuesday says...

King Tuesday, Closet of Physician

This shadow was huge or rather, blocking the sun from my eyes. It huffed, picking me up while I squirted my eyes trying to figure out the shape of the person. It didn't help as a bag soon covered my face. I screamed to where the voice coughed, "Shut it, kid!" and I tried to kick the guy but I had forgotten my hands and legs were tied.

"Do you have no idea who I am? I am the king! "
"That is nice, kid."
"Put me down this instance!"
The person coughed as another voice piped in, sounding like Belrose.

"Were do you want him?"
"Where else?"
"Ma'ma that-"
"Just put him out of sight from anyone since the news is spreading fast and people are starting to question that I kingnapped the king. Which means that the loyal knights will come and knock on my door. I don't like that much. Now take him and take him far!" Belrose commanded cheerfully.

I was soon carried down stars, my body aching in the arms of this person. Soon I could feel the coldness of outside on my body and sunlight streaming through the little holes of the bag. Sooner then later, we were on horse (I was in a cart) going fast, as I would jump at certain bumps in the road and groaned. Never liked these roads, I thought as the person spoke.

"You know, I am saving you?"
"How the heck are you saving me?!"
"Belrose had a prediction you were going to be dethroned. And it would happen soon."
"What does that mean?"
The voice stopped. It was silence for the whole way to this place of "protection", the smell of the outside world was stale (might have been the bag over my head). The roads were smoother and the air was getting colder, I shivered curling into a tighter ball when the horse stopped.

The person got off the horse and instead of picking me up, he lifted the back and made me roll of into the dust. I tried to get up but I was a fish out of water. Suddenly, the bag came off as light blinded my eyes and adjusted; we were in the mountain (must have been Mount Lunes). The birds were tweeting and singing while I groaned, hunching forward then falling to the ground. I heard the person walking, cutting my ropes off my hands letting me go when I got spun upwards glaring at the person.

"Why did you tie me up?" I demanded, as I held onto the shirt collar of the person. He stammered as I asked once more. "Why did you tie me up?!"

she/they

498 Reviews

Thu May 07, 2015 4:11 am
View Likes
Que says...

Sir Henry "Sunday" Alfreds, Mount Lunes

I stood with my back to Tuesday. My hands were shaking ever so slightly, and I gripped the pommel of my sword to steady them.

"I... I... It was a ruse," I say finally. I position myself deliberately so that Tues can't see me because of the sun.

"What? What on earth do you mean?" Tuesday said with his hand shading his eyes.

I sighed, yet refused to turn around, even for my own brother. "I'm one of the members of the Weekday Brotherhood, sire. Disguised as a mere peasant, I was tasked with finding your lordship. When I arrived at Belrose's..."

I shook my head, remembering the incident. Belrose was talking with a man about my brother tied up and hidden away. I pretended to be strongly opposed to Tuesday's kingship, so Belrose trusted me. Much to the other man's distress, Belrose gave me my brother all tied up. Although given explicit instructions, I was never going to follow them. After seeing the bird on the strange man's shoulder, I easily identified him as the "Prince of Birds" I was supposed to look out for.

I alerted the most ferocious of all the Brotherhood to take this man captive and being him to the dungeon with his jester friend. Belrose, however... She was the best doctor around, so I blamed it all on the "Prince". It would be in Tuesday's best interest to keep a doctor alive for his various illnesses, and whatever is in Tuesday's best interest is in mine.

After a moment of consideration, I simply say, "I rescued you from a dangerous enemy. The ropes were merely for show. Now let's get you back to the castle-"

"Hold on, you idiot," Tuesday bluntly interrupted. "You never told me who you were!" And with that, he violently tackled me and pinned me to the ground.

I turned my face away and squeezed my eyes shut. Suddenly the pressure lessened.

"S-Sunday?"

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver