z

Young Writers Society

Caverns of Io

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:08 pm
rockycait says...

Congratulations!

You have been granted a one way ticket to Jupiter's moon Io. Be sure to pack your bags for a long stay, because there is no return journey planned. You are the first people to be selected for this luxury spaceship cruise after astronauts and environmentalists have settled it many years ago.

Once you reach Io, you have the oppurtunity to stay in any one of the Cabins that have previously been set up for commercial use. There are many farms on Io, growing oorganic food for your cooking, and one store that acts as a trading post that receives shipments from other passing Space Cruises. All the rest you must pack on your own, or trade with the other settlers

There is one small downside to this amazing oppurtunity, not all of Io has been discovered. There is a large cavern 1 mile from the village that no astronaut has dared enter, no reasons having been given. One person did report seeing movements of some kind around the cavern.

Will you be brave enough to become one of the first settlers on Io? Will you be able to get along well with the other settlers? And will you be able to find out what is in that cavern, before it finds you out?

Character
Spoiler! :
Name:
Personality:
Backstory: (why they came on this trip, who they brought with them)

Rules
Spoiler! :
No god-moding
No killings unless previously specified
No excessive cursing
The world is reality but words help you escape

Spoiler! :
I'm not interesting enough to have spoilers, but that doesn't mean I can't use them!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:21 am
rockycait says...

Skyler Adams

I awoke with the feeling of cold seeping through my bones. Waking up from hypersleep was always a disorienting feeling, one that I should be getting used to by now. Although I was biologically only 26, I have traveled enough to be well past that age. I sat up from the "sleep goo" as my father had once called it, when he had still been alive, and took a towel from the cyber bot who had been instructed to wake me up when we were a week from our destination.
I climbed out of the pod that had kept me preserved for so long on shaky legs and hobbled over to a chair, looking over the observation deck that showed those piloting exactly what was going on with the passengers below. All was quiet. As captain of my luxury ship, it was my forlorn duty to be asleep and awake well before most others, passengers and crew alike. But although it could get lonely at times, there was a sense of calmness about it. It was at these times that I got to enjoy my flight, looking over the stars and planets...
As I sat slowly regaining my strength from the hypersleep, I saw several personal attendants running (or rather hovering. Cyberbots tend to float and jet rather instead of running or walking. They tripped more often than not and investors had a hard time taking them seriously.) towards a few of the personal rooms.
Sighing a little irritably, for it seemed I would not be able to have my day of peaceful rest after all, I got up from my chair and began to ready the ship for passengers.
The world is reality but words help you escape

Spoiler! :
I'm not interesting enough to have spoilers, but that doesn't mean I can't use them!

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice