Storybook Challenge Workshop [March 28-29]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:25 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Ahoy, mateys of the Storybook forum!

Back in December, the Storybook Crew, headed by the lovely @Rydia, launched the first Official Storybook Badges. In order to obtain these Storybook Badges, one would have to complete Storybook Challenges in order to gather enough Adventurer Credits to snag them a shiny badge.

However, there's been some confusion about the concept of Storybook Challenges, how they work, why they're there, and the SB Crew have stepped up to clear come of that confusion. On * and *, the SB Crew invites everyone to the Storybook Challenge Workshop. Here we'll talk about the Challenges itself, what it entails and whatit tries to achieve. At the end, members of the SB Crew will go one-on-one with you to help you, if you decide to make one, what's best for your Storybook Challenge. It's up to you whether or not you make a challenge for your Storybook, but we highly recommend you make one.

What's in it for me?

The experience, of course!

In all seriousness, the SB Crew is making everyone a challenge: if you join and participate in the workshop, either time, you will receive 1 Adventurer Credit. However, if you follow up with a Storybook Challenge within the next two weeks, we'll give you another Adventurer Credit. For you math whizzes out there, that's a total of 2 Adventurer Credits if you participate in the workshop and make a Challenge within two weeks.**

*All times are shown in your local time zone.

**You can only obtain the two Adventurer Credits if you do both of the challenges. If you make a challenge after the workshop without participating in the workshop, then you won't get the credits. Any more Storybook Challenges you make after the first one is just cherry on top of the cake. You'll only get two points :D

Sign up here! Any questions you have can be answered in this thread as well. If you post here, I'll assume you signed up. Even if you sign up, I won't hold you to going to the workshop!

The deadline for signing up is March 23rd. Hope to see you there!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:10 am
Pretzelstick says...

I am in and signing up! I hope I can make it, end of May is way into the future! Anyways thanks for hosting this it will surely explain.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:35 am
r4p17 says...

Where will this take place?
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:41 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@pretzelsing Sorry! This actually takes place March 28 and 29

@r4p17 This will take place in a WriterFeedPad that I will PM to you the day before.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:49 am
r4p17 says...

Ok, thanks! :) I thought so.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:05 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Omni, consider me signed up! (Big surprise, I know... @TheWanderingWizard, I feel you should join this as well.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:54 am
Rydia says...

So long as my review team aren't behind, I'll join the Sunday one :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:04 pm
Auxiira says...

I'll probably be there at the one on the 28th!
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:47 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

I will most likely attend the Sunday one (and like @Rydia,only if I get the chance between my reviewing) Very well, I shall sign up. *conjures a magical quill and signs the enchanted parchment*
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:54 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

I'll attend the Saturday one~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

293 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:35 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I should probably add that I also hope to attend the one on Saturday. If, however, that isn't possible, I shall attend the one on Sunday. (Although the one on Saturday is more convenient.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:12 pm
Rydia says...

Hi Omni!

Apologies for short notice but I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight. I may be going out but will try to be there!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:57 pm
Auxiira says...

I can't make it tonight, it's really too late for me.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

293 Reviews

Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:44 pm
BrumalHunter says...

So, @Omni, I was at Saturday's workshop, but due to a lack of attendance, it had to be cancelled. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend Sunday's.

Are you still willing to schedule another workshop? The one point we could get by attending would be nice, but I'm more interested in learning more about the challenges, since I want to start making them soon.
— Paul the Apostle

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
— Elbert Hubbard