z

Young Writers Society

The Original Monsters

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:43 am
KingLucifer says...

The Set Up

The fictional town of Shawshank, Tennessee has long since enjoyed peace in their quiet little town. On the surface it seems like nothing ever happens, but once you begin digging for its secrets you dig yourself a grave, and it's one you can't escape. The community, the entire town, is involved with the supernatural, from psychics to werewolves. There's plenty to see here, but if you're an outsider then you're blind to the truth of the town. One of the town's greatest secrets is what lies hidden beneath town hall.

The Orb of Vampric Power

The orb contains all of the power that Dracula had before dying at the hands of Jonathan Harker. Following Dracula's death his castle was raided for prisoners and other such things. The orb was found, only it couldn't be unlocked by normal means, but luckily instructions left by the count himself were found as well. The instructions were simple. The deaths of thirteen virtuous people and the death of the loved one closest to one of them will open the orb... only there is a second step. The orb needs a key in the shape of a ring to open it. The ring was found alongside the orb. It was agreed that to prevent a second Dracula from rising the Ring would be hidden away where only a select group of individuals knew of its existence.

The Plot

Shawshank, Tennessee is now under the terror of one its own residents, after the body of a young girl has been found dead. As she was stabbed thirteen times in the stomach, most believe that the killing is a one off and that it won't happen again and the killer will be found quickly, but they haven't. It soon became apparent that it wasn't just some outsider who found a killing ground. It was one of the townsfolk involved with the supernatural community. Now the old legend of the Orb of Vampric Power has resurfaced. Though town officials deny the existence of the orb and it being hidden in Shawshank, rumors continue to fly about places where the orb might be hidden, and who the killer might be.

The descendant of the original werewolf, Larry Talbot, guards the orb with his pack of Werewolves to help prevent the next Dracula. The Harker family, the slayers of the first Dracula, made it the family mission to guard the Orb of Vampric Power and prevent more vampires from rising. In a town whose residents are anything short of normal, where do you stand in this conflict?

The Harker's, the Werewolves, the Vampires, the Psychics.

Werewolves: are people who have the ability to turn into a wolf, whether by themselves or the demand of the Moon. These people struggle to keep theire wereselves in check, since allowing it to take over could mean becoming feral. The township's local alpha werewolf keeps all other werewolves in check and occasionally, if outsiders were to discover any form of supernatural, they would be thrown to the werewolves - a necessary evil.

Vampires: are bloodsuckers and watchers of the night. The head of the clan, who is known as The Count, ensures his clan is fed and gets all the blood they need to survive in the small town. With a blood bank close by, vampires do not need blood every night, but they do need it at least once a week. Some of the more romantically involved vampires can get blood from their spouses but only if they consent to giving their blood.

Psychics: are humans who have abilities that most humans don't have, ranging from telepathy to empathy, and some of the more advanced and older ones are capable of manipulating elements such as fire, wind, water, and earth. Others have abilities such as predicting the future and telekinesis. They act as an around the clock watch in case either the vampires or werewolves miss anything out of the ordinary.

The Harkers: are the only family of humans in town. They are physically and mentally fit to take on almost any challenge from werewolves, vampires, or psychics. Acting as the last line of defense if all else fails, the parents know the location of the Orb of Vampric Power and must obtain it and disappear in a hurry if they believe anyone knows its location.

They Must Work Together

Vampire's and Werewolves must work together to protect the town from threats from within and without. Setting up a 24 hour security watch that only changes at every noon and midnight. Though some members of both sides tend to remember their old squabbles with each other, they set aside their differences to protect their loved ones and other members of the town from each other and other threats, and to prevent their secrets from getting out and the Orb from falling into the wrong hands.

The Rules of Engagement

- Normal YWS rules apply. Mods do check the threads every now and again.
- I reserve the right to tell you to change your post as many times as I must.
- Romance is allowed, but nothing too graphic.
- No explicit swearing.
- No godmodding, trolling, etc... Violation of this will result in immediate banning and replacement of your character.
- I will ask you to use the "Create a Character" section to post your profile and not the actual thread here.
- You are not to post Out Of Character (OOC) posts in this thread. If you wish, do so in the DT but not here or I will have them removed. If you have a problems/comments/questions, contact me via Instant Messaging, Private Messaging, or the DT.

Shawshank, Tennessee Residence

Spoiler! :
The Alpha Werewolf -
The Decendant of the Original Werewolf - Ralph Talibot - @Avalon
Werewolf Male - Artemis Elton - @Craz
Werewolf Female -

The Head Psychic Investgator - Ronan Crashaw - @Omni
Psychic Male -
Psychic Female - Clary Tenace - @megsug

The Harker's
Parent Harker Male -
Parent Harker Female -
Harker Child Male -
Harker Child Female -

The Count - @QueenAnne
Vampire Male -
Vampire Female - Miracle Rayne Potter - @NicoleBri

Outsider Male -
Outsider Female - Genora Fury - @AlmondEyes

Profile Template
Code: Select all
Residency:
Species:
Abilities:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:
Current relations:
Other:
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound