745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:28 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

YET ANOTHER POKEBOOK
IN A LONG LINE OF POKEBOOKS

Welcome to PokeFest 2014, hosted by the global conglomerate: PokeCorp. If you are reading this, you have found yourself at the registration desk, and if you look up from this screen, we'll wave hello politely. Hello!

Before you begin the tournament, we'd like to know a bit about you. During your tour of America with your pokemon, you will discover much about yourself. To compare this growth to your original application, we'd like to gather information and give it back to you after the festival. Please answer the following questions for your registration to be finalized.

Code: Select all
[bebas]Name Here[/bebas]

[b]Age:[/b] 15-18
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]5-Man Band Role:[/b] Leader, Lancer, Chick/Heart, Smart Guy, Big Guy
[b]Other Tropes:[/b]

[b][size=200]Appearance & Habits[/size][/b]
Info goes here including special appearance of Pokemon, if any.

[b][size=200]Personality & Behavior[/size][/b]
Info goes here, including trainer style.

[b][size=200]Registrar's Questionnaire[/size][/b]
[spoiler]
[b]Q: We at PokeCorp believe that no two trainers share the same goals. What do you wish to gain or learn during the tournament?[/b]
[b]A:[/b]

[b]Q: Of the eighteen types of pokemon, which do you relate to the most? Why do you think this is?[/b]

[b]Q: Which do you feel is the most important? Becoming stronger? Developing bonds with your pokemon? Achieving evolution?[/b]

[b]Q: If you had the choice between glory, money, and power, which would you choose?[/b]
[/spoiler]

[b][size=200]Pokemon[/size][/b]

[b]Pokemon 1 | Name | Ability[/b]
1. Starting moveset. This will later be expanded, but we'll start with four.

[b]Pokemon 2 | Name | Ability[/b]

To make your journey unique and interesting, we have events set up in every state across the mainland United States. Your journey will eventually take you to the West Coast where twenty lucky finalists will compete for the grand prize: the main character role in the upcoming Pokemon game to be released in 2015.

Be safe, and be ready for adventure! Welcome to the world of Pokemon!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:10 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

The Maine Thing Is To Keep
The Maine Thing The Maine Thing

Logan - A Hotel On The Coast

"All I'm saying, pal, is that if you want a show to pander to little girls, then it's probably going to. But don't assume automatically that boys won't watch it, too."

"You're right--I get that. But hear what I'm saying when I say that I don't care about that show."

Faye collapsed in an exhasperated lump on her hotel bed as Logan wrapped up things on the phone. She didn't quite understand his relationship with his brother; it seemed to mostly revolve around critiquing films and talking about hot-button social justice issues.

She looked out the window at the misty sky. Relationships could definitely be worse.

"I love you too! No, I really mean it! I would be completely lost without your wise and measured guidance. Yeah. Yeah, no. Yeah, you too. Bye." Logan tossed his phone onto his bed, fell back onto the sheets, and released Blue, who rolled out of his ball and onto Logan's chest in a flash of powdery snow that dusted his clothes. "Can you believe that guy? Telling me that I should ditch the tourney to watch My Little Pony with him and his boyfriend. You know, some people have no clue what the world is about, Faye."

Faye quietly hummed in neutrality.

"I mean the entire idea of watching a TV show live anymore is just...archaic! And yet he wouldn't miss it for the world." He picked up Blue and tossed him up and down, catching him gently by the belly each time. The tiny bear giggled and clapped his paws. "You're not speaking, Faye, and from experience, that means that you're either depressed about boys or depressed about...soccer? I forget what you like."

"It's kinda hard to get to know someone when you won't let them have a word of the conversation." Her tone was not brutal. In fact, she was sing-song.

"I guess you're right." He winked at Cubchoo. Cubchoo sneezed back. "How about I make it up to you and buy us tickets to the Haunted Zoo event?! I hear they're gonna have--"

"A GIANT SEVIPER THE SIZE OF EIGHT NORMAL SEVIPER. YES!" She was instantly standing on her bed, fists trembling and clenched in anticipation. "I mean." She coughed and settled down quickly. "Yeah, cool, whatever."

Logan sat up and dusted off his clothes, the snow vaporizing before hitting the sheets. "I knew you would like my idea. And I know you're gonna like the next one, too."

She leaned in subconsciously.

"We're gonna make more friends!"

"More friends?"

"A practical gang!"

"A gang?"

"It's always been a dream of mine, Faye, to have a gang. Then I could write in my journal that The gang arrives in New York for a festival only to find whatever waiting for them!" He clenched his fists in determination. "And I know for a fact that we can find gang members at the Ghost Snake exhibit! It's what the guidebook called the Maine Event." He chuckled.

"Pun. Yes. I get the pun. Nice pun you have there." She pulled up the guidebook on her phone and shook her head, though. "I think you're reading the exhibit wrong. It's not Ghost Snake. It's Ghost-and-Snake. Apparently there's one side for ghosts and another side for snakes and oh my God there's an entire side for snakes WHY ARE WE NOT THERE ALREADY?"

Logan had already fetched his coat. "Faye, let's jam. There are people to meet! Snakes to see!"

"Cubchoo choo choo!"

"That's right, Blue! Ghosts to avoid at all costs because we're deathly afraid of the stuff!" They shared the world's tiniest high-five. "C'mon, Faye, we have gang members to interv--Faye?"

He looked around, but the door was open and she was long gone.
-Shinji Moon

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:33 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

Mal | A The Maine Event Bathroom Stall

“You could say that, or you could look on the brightside,” Mal stretched out his legs, resting them against the stall door. “These bathrooms are really comfy, I mean, I’m fine with just relaxing in here for the night.”

Someone spoke at the other side of the phone. “Ser-”

“Mal,” He was quick to correct. “I asked you to call me Mal.”

“Yeah, that’s my bad, it’s gonna take a bit to get my head used to it,” The voice buzzed. “But, that doesn’t mean you interrupt me when I’m talking to you, show me a bit of respect.”

“You’re the one that broke it first-”

“Enough, stop distracting me and listen. When I agreed to let you do this, it wasn’t because I was excited about you hiking across America by yourself, touring all it’s bathroom stalls. You told me you wanted to do this to meet people and make friends, you said no need to worry, that you could do it-”

“I know, Ollie, it’s just easier-”

“Said than done, yeah, but you made a promise, Mal. If you can’t hold that up, then I’m going to have to start worrying.” Ollie sighed. “I don’t want to be forcing you here, but right now you’re not giving me much of a choice. Either you get out of that stall and try, or I’m going to have to fly out there myself.”

Mal let the silence carry for his answer.

“I’m giving you the night, but I’ll be calling to check in tomorrow. I love you, buddy, and not for nothing, you can do well. Just try and get out of your own head.” Click

Mal shoved his phone into his pocket, rolling a pokeball through his palms as he thought, his head processing everything. Without meaning to he let the Pokeball pop, a little blue orb of joy popping out of the flash.
“Leeeeeeee.”
“Luuuuuuuu.”
They whined, jammed between Mal’s shoulder and the stall wall.

Mal shifted to his left, allowing for the Poliwag and Riolu to fall to the ground, a frown growing on their faces as they felt the stick of the bathroom floor.
“Leeee.”
“Luuuu.”
They whined again, forcing Mal to scoop them into his lap, and a belly rub for Poliwag before he stopped.

“In case you were wondering, you little brats, I just got off the phone with Ollie.” The mention of the name caused them to turn their heads, or rather body for the Poliwag, both smiling with excitement. “No, he’s not here, I used the phone.” Mal pulled it back out of his pocket, showing it off until the Pokemon understood. “He was...not psyched about me hiding out in the bathroom. Think we might be canceling our trip. Sorry Li. Sorry, Chan.”

Chan frowned, her fur vibrating as a little aura of gloom projected out, and even the swirls on Li’s belly seemed to frown with him. “I know, I was looking forward to it too, but I just...I’m not if I’m up to it.” The ball of a creature rocked back and forth, little whines building up as he did, Chan flashing some puppy dog eyes. “How about we watch some Netflix, that usually lifts your mood,” Mal pulled Li closer, holding his phone out for both of them to see. “Whine when you want me to stop scrolling.”

“Out of my own head,” he mumbled with a chuckle, still scrolling. “And go where?” Mal froze, eyes brightening as they got glued to the screen, a single title drawing his eye. With his free hand he reached down for his bag, digging through the clothes, throwing a few onto the stall’s hook. Purple shirt, black pants, a pair of boots thrown to the ground, a leather jacket carefully hung, and some luvdisc boxers. Li and Chan glanced back, still confused as Mal stood up, knocking the pokemon to the ground. In a rush Mal stripped and redressed, limbs crashing against the stall walls as he did, the pokemon scurrying around his feet trying not to get stomped.

One hand on his phone, Mal left the stall, navigating the web in one hand as he adjusted his attire. His eyes raced across the little screen, some sort of wiki with blue highlighted words at every line. Behind him Li and Chan followed, hopping up onto the line of sinks, jumping up and down in front of the laser-focused, but oblivious, Mal.

Stashing the phone back, Mal locked eyes with his reflection, straightening out his back and bending his mouth into a subtle smirk. “Fantastic.” He dashed toward the door, glancing back at his Pokemon before he left. “Oi, come on now, times a wastin!” Mal grinned, his pokemon chasing after him.

“Wait, he would never say that.” Mal turned back,knocking past the two pokemon and locking eyes with the mirror again. “Fantastic. Fantastic? Faaan-taaass-tick.” He looked down to his Pokemon. “Sorry, I just, I can do better, just...give me a sec.” With that he pulled out his phone, giving the trope page another read through.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:41 am
View Likes
Nutty says...

Faye | Haunted Zoo, Seviper enclosure

“Woooaaaah.”
Faye was in heaven. Never in her life had she been so enthralled, so excited, so alive. Seriously, she’d never- “Oh for godssake.

Faye leaned back, almost unseating the decidedly unimpressed snivy perched on her head while swiping vigorously at the glass tank with her sleeve. “Gosh darned breathing why haven’t they used non-fog glass or something…”
Her muttering trailed off as the object of her admiration came back into view. The seviper- not quite the size of eight seviper, but certainly very large- was staring right at her still-waving arm. “O-oh.”

“How do you think he even got that big?” Logan leaned past her to stare at the reptile, face full of candy. “I bet you’re just loving this- are you blushing?” Logan looked back at her and raised an eyebrow, a tuft of cotton-candy halfway to his mouth. He pretended not to notice when Cubchoo leaned out from his perch in the crook of his arm and gently plonked his face right into the spun sugar.

Faye shook her head slightly, but Logan wasn’t sure if she was denying his accusation or just awestruck. The seviper followed her action, tracking her mechanically waving hand. “It’s looking at me.”

“You’re right. It’s kind of creepy.”

Faye shot Logan a hard look, opening her mouth to lecture him on all of the delights of serpents, and the spell was broken. In less time it took to say Ophidia, Seviper slithered between two of the largest fake rocks in its enclosure.

Faye made a distressed noise in the back of her throat, and pushed her face so hard against the glass that it might have creaked. Snivy rolled his eyes and scrambled out of the way to rest in her hood. “Seeeviperrrrrr, cooome baaaaaaack~”

“Looks like it’s gone, Faye. You coming?”

Faye shook her head, staring at the gap in the rocks, willing the pokemon back out of his hole. She stared intently for a solid few minutes, pausing only to wipe her breath away when it fogged up past her eyes. By the time she gave up on seeing the beautiful snake again and tore her attention away from the rocks, Logan was nowhere to be seen.

“Curses. Did you see where he went, Noot?”

There was rustling against Faye’s shoulders, and a pointy green-and-tan snout poked out of her hood.

“Sniiiv.”

“You were sleeping again, huh?”

Snivy grunted a surly affirmative. Faye reached over her shoulder and scritched the grumpy little pokemon’s nose. “Nevermind then,” she cooed. “Go back to sleep.”

The zoo itself was packed full of excited children, bored parents, balloons and greasy food-smells. Faye peered down the path, but couldn’t see Logan. She stared left, then right, biting her lip thoughtfully. Food carts were on the right-hand path, but he’d been eating when he’d caught up to her- so he probably didn’t go back that way. That left forward and left.

Faye wiggled her finger, muttering under her breath.

“-miney mo. Left it is, then.”

About forty steps and two enclosures later, Faye decided left might not have been the way to go after all. There was little chance Logan had taken his little cubchoo past these guys without backup. These enclosures were open-air small and often-repeated signs assured the public that the pokemon were well-trained, but to please stay on the path.

Faye had stopped to observe a haunter and a ghastly playing peek-a-boo through a tree when she made eye contact with a girl standing on the opposite side of the exhibit. She was dressed like a real-life anime girl, all ribbons and petticoats and with big piercing eyes. Faye, realising she had stared too long to pretend to have not seen her, raised a hand in an awkward wave.
The anime girl gave a curt smile, raising a hand in acknowledgement. Then she moved her gaze back to the pokemon pair, her smile becoming much more genuine. Faye watched the girl’s rapt expression for a moment, before turning back the way she came. Weird. She’s REALLY into ghosts.

Completely oblivious to any irony, Faye wandered back in search for Logan.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:30 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Jasmine | Ghost enclosure

"Murtle, enough now, come on." Jasmine beckoned the Haunter over with a single gloved finger. "There are plenty of other ghosts to play with."

The pokemon's hands drooped down, body dropping a few inches. "Haaaaunt."

"Fine," she said, hand going back behind her. "You can come back when we circle around."

The ghost picked up again and waved to ghastly before bouncing along the path.

A few steps away, a guide was ushering a child away from a purple sphere with two dangling strings, a constant stream of "Do not touch the pokemon! Ghosts are very mischievous and prone to playing tricks" coming out of her mouth on repeat.

Meanwhile, a pack of kids seemed absolutely enraptured by the drifloon still bobbing along nearby.

Jasmine shook her head and stepped down a different path. The exhibit was divided into roughly accurate sections, from old houses to tombs that looked more fit for Egypt than any American city. While the areas had, by no stretch of the imagination, only ghosts that were suitable there, that's where the ghost information plates existed. Only people over 50 seemed to be using them, with people under that age relying on 'dexes.

Murtle trailed along, going through any walls in their path and constantly on the hunt for more ghosts. They bobbed along from a house to a forest and eventually came across a lampent against a tree, masquerading as a sconce. In a very odd location. Haunter was not fooled and hovered intently in front of the other ghost, hands poised next to their ears. Waiting.

Lampent opened its eyes, only to be greeted with Murtle's tongue hanging out, cross-eyed, disembodied hands splayed on either side. The exhibit ghost jumped back, small flash blinding everyone around for a moment.

When Jasmine finally managed to rub the retina burn away, Murtle was just floating up from the result of the attack, a few other ghosts laughing at Murtle's prank having backfired on them. A particularly amused phantump was rolling on the floor under the lampent. Jasmine grinned.

So. Many. Ghosts!

Murtle finally returned to regular floating height and shook their head before breaking up in haunter laughter, spinning around and posing as if they were in a broadway show. The commotion gathered a crowd, and Murtle quickly broke out into the rest of the show in pantomime.

Jasmine, however, was a tad too busy watching a cubchoo looking at her dress like it was a lacy handkerchief. Its trainer, a guy who looked like he adored starmibucks coffee a little too much, was standing nearby.

She met his eyes. "If that cubchoo gets one drop of snot on my dress..."

Of course, the next thing the ice pokemon did was sneeze. In her direction. Its exceptionally healthy amount of mucus splattering blue, half-frozen splotches all over her skirt.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:52 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Wyatt - Outside the Haunted Zoo

"Now remember Wyatt, while your parents are away in Europe, it's my responsibility to watch over you." Aunt Lora picked up a Battlin' to Skedaddlin'™ Max Repellent and sprayed it in a cloud around her, causing her Lopunny to hack and cough at by her side.

Wyatt groaned loudly, trying to distract her from polluting the entire building with that horrible smelling stuff. When it didn't work, he pulled Roran out of the back of his scarf and pointed to the Lopunny.

"Turt." Roran curled into his hand, ignoring his indications to go pester the glaring pokemon.

"Are you even listening to me, Wyatt?" Lora turned to him, and at his innocent look, she groaned. "You are just like your mother. Never does anything wrong, that one. Anyway, this is my vacation. I am here to enjoy my week off from the contests. Do not embarrass me while we-"

"Miss!" A heavyset mallcop-looking man hobbled in her direction, waving what looked like a stick. "You can't spray repellent in the zoo! That- that does things to the ghost Pokemon, and I don't want them riled up-"

A shriek broke through the exhibit, well, more like multiple shrieks, after the ghost pokemon started to mimic the woman.

Wyat picked up Roran and stuff him back into the scarf, and left the disgruntled aunt and annoyed cop to go see what the commotion was all about. I mean, something has to be better than getting sprayed in the face every time he took a hundred steps.

He came across the scene of a woman who looked like a doll. No, literally. She looked almost fake if she wasn't trying to get frozen gunk off her dress while muttering at a small Cubchoo who looked on the verge of tears, snot running down the his little neck and freezing at points.

"-why did you have to be ice this is frozen in the fibers I'll have to find a dry cleaner."

"Listen lady, I said I was sorry!" He fumbled to pick up his Cubchoo and took a step back with him in his arms. "What're you doing creeping around a kid's exhibit, anyways?"

Both her and a haunter glared at him, pausing all movement to do so. "I'm fifteen!" In the resulting silence, she huffed and looked at the stain.

The boy coughed, thrown off his game, and stammered. "Well, the, uhm. The ghosts add..." He counted on his fingers. "Fifty years?" When he got another glare, he seemed to melt. "Besides! You can get rid of Cubchoo snot if you have a fire Pokemon."

She popped out a growlithe, who looked up with every ounce of puppy admiration... which promptly faded when he looked at the newcomer. The girl crossed her arms. "Roy, please melt this and try not to singe the lace."

The girl, girl, please remember this, self, reminded him a little of his aunt, and he turned back to see the entrance, but she and the cop was gone. Turning back, the furry fire friend (hehe) barked and coughed out heat on the dress, careful to not burn everything she had on, just the bits that had the icy snot.

Roran peered out of his scarf and whined, burrowing into the cloth and away from sight. Wyatt instinctively raised a hand to comfort him, and accidentally hit his belt, where his lone pokeball fell onto the floor, and Lola flew out, slashing and dashing her way... right into the doll's legs.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:46 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Logan Lawson | Spirit Spooky Exhibit

Maybe it was the way the sword spun so perfectly into her legs; maybe it was the way her skirts went flying in all directions; maybe it was even her screech as she toppled, but something about watching that lady crash set Logan off.

The lady huffed and hollered and got back up on her feet by lifting off the ground with Haunter's help. Her face was red as she patted down her skirts, but Logan dropped to the floor laughing, clutching his side. Cubchoo cheered and sniffled.

"The way you're laughing, it's a wonder you haven't wet yourself yet, little boy."

Logan rolled onto his belly and tapered off his giggling as the owner of the spinning Honedge approached in a jog, hands spread by his side in apologetic grasps. "I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry! You were just! And my pokeball!" He covered his face and aimed a pokeball at Honedge, ready to return him. The girl blocked the red beam of light with her hand, though, and put her hands on her hips.

"You two have exemplified every reason I hate public, and you're not getting away with it! We're having a battle right here and right now, and when I win, you're both going to apologize profusely."

By the time Logan got to his feet, the new guy was scratching the back of his head. "Didn't I already apolo--"

"Not good enough!"

"Well," Logan tossed in, "if we're choosing conditions for the fight, then I demand that you two join my gang as my prize."

The lady and the boy stared blankly. The guy cocked his head to the side. "Gang?"

"That's right!" He shot a finger into the air. "My gang will band together and traverse the entire country! We're going to dominate this festival and take home the grand prize for daddy!"

The boy was expressionless. "...Daddy?"

Logan clutched his fist and nodded. "That's right. That's me! Not to sound like a cliche or anything, but I'm going to be the very best!"

Lady rolled her eyes. "Like no one ever was?"

"My name's Wyatt," interrupted the boy.

"That's not the next line of the song, Wyatt." Lady was a sassy one. Logan kinda liked that.

"No, but it's my name. I--well, uh." He was not gifted with a silver tongue. "Where I come from, you don't battle until both parties know each other's names. It's a courtesy."

"Fine, fine," conceded Lady. "You may call me Lucifer, Overlord of the Ninth Realm."

They all paused. Lady coughed.

"Fine. Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye," she made eyes at her puppy before lowering her voice to a mumble, "Overlord of the Ninth Realm."

"And I'm Logan." He drew a pokeball and backed up against the wall, readying for battle. His two future gang members did the same. Riza nodded to Growlithe. Wyatt tugged at his scarf and let loose a tiny Turtwig. Logan released Totodile and smirked. "Fire versus Water versus Grass." He tutted. "A classic first battle to kick off our epic saga!"

Totodile danced around their little field as a crowd gathered in a circle to watch the fight. Turtwig seemed shy, and Growlithe watched his enemies carefully. Logan made the note that Riza had likely well-trained her pokemon, and that she was the greater threat. That said, Wyatt had the elemental advantage - so it was up to Logan to dispatch the dog quickly before handling Turtwig.

Haunter hovered over the crowd wearing a referee's cap - likely stolen - and blew a whistle. The Pokemon charged in.

"Juice! Trap that Growlithe in a Whirlpool!"

As long as you don't question the physics at hand, a pokemon battle can be a wondrous thing to behold. An exemplary example of this physics-breaking wonder is the existence of a Whirlpool when there is no water to be had. Totodile spat the usual water gun, yes, but the water began to twist and spin on its own, trapping Growlithe in a cyclone that absorbed his fiery attacks, turning them into steam.

This little cage broke, though, when Turtwig sent leaves shooting across the field. Totodile danced away to dodge them only to have them break the spinning cage he'd so delicately made for Growlithe. The dog pounced on Turtwig and let loose some embers and burns before Totodile sent him flying away with a water gun. Turtwig was burning and laid low, but he still managed to fire off a tiny seed that stuck to Totodile's tail, absorbing energy from him.

Totodile danced and flailed and bit at his tail to get the attack off him, only to have Growlithe tackle him in a dogpile. The pokemon wrestled for several seconds before Turtwig joined the fight again, sending them each rolling their separate ways.

The pokemon all landed on their feet and targeted one another. Totodile let loose a water gun at Growlithe. Growlithe shot a ray of embers at Turtwig. Turtwig fired off a round of razor leaves at Totodile!

The display was, hands-down, the most epic thing Logan had ever seen in the world of low-level pokemon battles.
-Shinji Moon

280 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:54 am
View Likes
Nutty says...

Faye | Somewhere amongst the exhibits

"Sniiiiv."
A sharp yank on her hair woke Faye back up. She'd be staring into another enclosure, where a huge lamp lit up a equally huge rock. On top a zookeeper was carefully polishing a clutch of speckled eggs. She glanced back at Noot, pouting slightly. "I was just looking."

"Snivy!" The tiny leafy reptile climbed onto her shoulder and make a huge sniffing noise. He then made eating motions, stooping a little. For added measure, he touched his chin, as if ruffling an imaginary patch of hair.
"Okay, okay, I get it. Gotta find Logan."

Faye stood on tippy toes, peering around her. This helped her see a slightly loftier variety of backs and shoulders. "Hrmf." She returned her heels to the ground, mouth scrunched into one corner of her face.
"He's so short I won't see him through this crowd, like, ever." Faye mumbled to Noot. Noot rolled his eyes, jumping onto her head and waving his arms a good two inches above her head. Faye ignored him, staring into middle-space. "Oh! What shoes was he wearing today?"

Faye was on her hands and knees, shuffling forward and squinting between a woman's legs at a particularly promising pair of sneakers when she felt something brush her arm. "Wha- OH." A little blue pokemon cooed at her as it rolled past her, the swirl on its chest making a disconcerting sight. Faye might have gotten dizzy, but something hit her square in the side and drove all of the air of her lungs. Noot scowled as he tumbled away. Faye faceplanted, something heavy rolling across her back.

When the metophorical dust settled, Faye lifted her head gingerly. "...oww?"
"Oh- Oh, I'm sorry. I-er." The boy scooted away from Faye a little, carefully straightening his clothes. "What were you doing on the floor?"

"Looking for my friend." Faye pushed herself up to a kneeling position, scooping an even grumpier Noot into her arms.

He looked even more confused, absently petting the poliwag who'd rolled into his lap. "Is- is your friend an insect?"

"No, no. Just very short." Faye stood up, brushing off her knees. Then she thrust her hand at the strange boy and grinned. "Are you okay? My name's Faye! What's yours?"

He looked at her hand a bit nervously, climbing to his feet. Once he straightened his clothes, he straightened his face, pulling a mask of calm over his whole being. "I'm Fantastic.You can call me..." He hesitated, "the Doctor."

Faye dropped her hand to her side. "You're fantastic, a doctor, and don't shake hands." Faye considered this for a moment, and finally nodded. "You seem young for a doctor. But you ARE very tall."

The Doctor looked himself over. "I'm not very tall."

"Tall enough. Mister Fantastic Doctor, help me look for my dorky friend?"

"Uh." He glanced at his wrist, then back towards the toilets he came from, The Poliwag in his arms squirmed playfully, and his earlier nerves crept back into his voice. "Sure. Fan-tasst-ick."

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:13 pm
View Likes
cheeb says...

Saul | Atop a building

"probability of damage to self or belongings: 92%."
"You worry too much, Siiri."
"that's what i was programmed to do, wise guy."
"Whatever. Look, it's gonna be wild, okay? I'll land safely in that dumpster that's full of puffy bags and - look! There's a mattress in it! There's a friggin' mattress in it! It'll be fine!"
"it will indeed be fine, it's an inanimate object. it's your safety that's at risk."
"God, you are such a wet blanket."
"no, the wet blanket is what's piled up on top of that mattress down there."
The boy looked down at the dumpster. "Oh, yeah."

His watch beeped again. "in all seriousness, saul, your brother made me promise to take care of you, and -"
"Oh, yeah, my brother. You'll do anything he says, won't you?"
"what can i say? he knew how to talk to a lady."
"Hey," said the boy as he tapped at the watch's screen, "I can smooth-talk the ladies just as well as Artie can. For example: untestedalphasoftwaresayswhat?"
"you watch your mou- saul what are you doing?!"
Saul had backed up to the edge of the rooftop and leaned back with a giggle. On cue, the song he had selected began to blare out of his watch.

~ I'M FALLIN' FREE, IN THE WIND, IN THE WIND
~ FREE TO BE ME, IN THE WIND, IN THE WIIIII-

*CRUNCH*

"on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your pain?"
"Oh, shut up."

Saul got up and dusted himself off. "See? I told you it'd be fine."
"citrus's poke ball is broken."
"And you were worr- wait, what?"

Sure enough, the Rotom hovered above Saul's head, giggling madly at the shattered remains of its Poke Ball on the ground. Saul rolled his eyes.
"So Citrus gets to roam after me. Stop making problems, Siiri."
"i - what?!"

Saul ignored her and turned to face his awe-inspired audience.
None of whom were present. Saul's eyes bulged.
"see, it was all for nothing anyway -"
"Oh my GOD SIIRI NOT NOW"

"Ok, someone around here has to have seen me," Saul muttered. He stomped off down the main boulevarde, not noticing Citrus bobbing off in a different direction. The mandarin-looking ghost was sensing electrical energy nearby, and wanted a piece of that action.

"All right, Billy, get this door open."
"But how?"
"Use your head."
"Oh. Okay!"
Citrus heard a loud thud.
"Hm. Not hard enough."

The two humans were accompanied by a Cubone and a Yamask. Cubone smacked the door a few times with its club, to no avail.

"Oooh, look, Mandy!" Billy exclaimed. "It's Space Invaders!" He pointed at a black box on the door, jumped in front of it and started pressing buttons. Mandy shoved him aside.
"It's an electronic lock, you idiot. How are we supposed to get past this to the electrical grid?"
That was all Citrus needed to hear. It shot forward, startling the other occupants in the room, and vanished into the lock. After a few moments and several hundred loud beeps, the door unlocked with a click and Mandy pushed it open. Citrus reappeared with a buzz.

"Wow! Lightning struck the lock and fixed it!" Billy said with wonder.
"For once, you're not entirely wrong, Billy," Mandy said. "It's a Rotom, a rare Pokemon... and apparently a useful one, too. Catch it."
Billy plucked a Poke Ball from his pocket and threw it at Citrus. The ball bounced off the Pokemon and dropped to the ground, unmoving.
"Hmm. It's been captured before," Mandy muttered, "so it's either got a Trainer or hasn't been properly deregistered by the Poke Ball it was caught with. No matter."
She flicked a small switch on her right shoulder and pulled up her right sleeve, revealing what looked like a mechanical arm-length glove. Several LEDs and tubes were now glowing.

"Whoa! Mandy, your arm is a Game Boy!"
Mandy rolled her eyes. "It's the Snag Machine, dummy. Remember?"
There wasn't time to explain it all again now. Mandy loaded a Poke Ball into the claw at the hand-end of the device. Citrus decided this was probably bad news: it shot backwards into the newly-opened power room and disappeared into the power grid.
"No!" Mandy shouted too late, as Citrus began sucking up electricity from the grid. With one burst it pushed the door closed and locked it again, then followed a power main to a street lamp outside and popped back into a visible form.

Miraculously (or not so much, since there were no crowds around anyway), it spotted Saul stomping further down the path, and hastened to follow.
"Oh, there you are," Saul said, continuing to stomp. "I thought you'd show up again sooner or later. I wonder if you know why all the lights and power have gone out?"
Citrus looked to its left and right guiltily.
"Oh, right, you can't talk. You're a Pokemon."

All of a sudden, screams started echoing from the main(e) hall further down the path. Saul continued stomping, more quickly than before, and Citrus floated along behind.
the user formerly known as chibibo

1272 Reviews

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:40 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Jasmine | A Stampede of Self Preserving People (the zoo)

Battle spaces erupting in chaos was a good way to bow out of a loss. Unfortunately, Jasmine had been winning, and the chaos had erupted moments before Roy could deliver the finishing blow.

She cursed before glaring around for the source of the cacophony. A few people yelling "SNAKE!" gave the answer.

"We gotta save 'em!" Logan said.

Wyatt's head whipped around, eyes sparkling. "We?"

Logan was already jogging in the opposite direction of the flow of people, towards the reptile half. "'Course! We're part of a gang! Riza you coming?"

"Might as well. If you're going to follow the brilliant idea of facing snakes."

They did not pick up on her sarcasm and simply grinned.

As they got closer to the snake portion of the exhibit, there was a mix of "get backs, emergency exits this way, do not engage with the pokemon!" and laughter that was distinctly otherworldly. Jasmine rolled her eyes. The power outage must've disabled the anti-ghost mechanisms at the start of the exhibit for just long enough for a particularly prank prone ghost to sneak through. Ghosts and snakes. These idiots would most certainly need backup.

The moment a security guard noticed where they were running, he jumped in their path and held out a hand. "Folks, I'm going to have to ask you to turn around. We've got a seviper loose in the area and it's not safe."

Before Logan could say two words, Jasmine stepped up. "You also have a ghost problem, and I don't see ghost sniffing dogs or ghost trainers around. A ghost-poison type, no less, perfect to take on that seviper and whatever ghost is causing havoc."

The guard looked her up and down. "I don't see one."

She pointed over his shoulder.

He turned, a little too quickly, so he didn't get any hint at all he was about to come face to face with Haunter's tongue hanging out, eyes wide and overly welcoming.

He froze and Jasmine could just imagine his face paling. By the time he turned back around, he was swaying on his feet and vaguely green. "You-you can go on through."

Jasmine bobbed a curtsy and ran past him, Logan and Wyatt looking between themselves momentarily before following.

They didn't get very far before they found a laughing pokemon, strings connecting to open exhibit doors.

Logan looked at the Honedge and Haunter floating next to the group. "You ghosties take that one and I try to find the snake?"

Jasmine didn't take her eye off Banette. "I could argue this guy deals out two times damage to ghosts, but that ignores ghosts do two times damage to him. Why not."

Wyatt just nodded. "Lola, metal sound."

Banette stopped laughing at the oncoming attack, eyebrows pinching down from a playful face to one that screamed 'I will enjoy destroying you'. Already, it was leaning back to charge a shadow ball.

Jasmine smirked. "Murtle, Mean Look then Shadow Punch."

The fastest pokemon won out, with Murtle's attack connecting and freezing the psychic in place for a giant ghostly fist to connect with its stomach. In a blink Murtle was gone and Lola was cleaving directly across Banette's head. The pokemon floated in place, thoroughly dazed and veritable stars going around its head.

Jasmine skipped up. "Now, Banette. You can put all these snakes back and go back to your cage, or we can keep attacking you until you do. Which one do you want?"

Banette shook its head and glared before its eyebrows shot all the way up. It laughed and laughed and before Murtle could land a lick to keep it in place, it had vanished and appeared back at the entrance to the ghost exhibit, only to promptly be let back in by too-effective security personnel.

Damnit.

"At least our pokemon didn't get beat up."

Jasmine nodded only to look around the area, and the lack of people populating it. She sighed. "Roy, fine Logan in this mess."

The puppy barked and put his nose to the ground.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:07 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

“This is terrible level design,” Mal groned to Faye. The two were crouched behind a bench, Mal peeking out to get a look at the security guard. “He has no movement patterns, he just stands there with a complete field of vision. There is no stealth option, no player choices, just a linear path. Devs are getting lazy.”

Faye gave Mal a side eye, but decided to press past the weird. “Then we just go up and talk to him,right?”

“I suppose, though I doubt we have the skill points to clear any sort of dialogue events.” Mal scratched at his chin. “Oh, I have an idea!”

Mal popped out from undercover, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a palm-journal. He flicked through the pages as he strolled down the hall, Faye a few steps behind him, a weary expression on her face. Mal tore away a piece of the journal, cramming it into his pocket.

“Yes hello, we’ll be needing to go back there, here is our ID.” Mal pulled out his wallet, themed in the style of the White Ranger from Power Rangers, and let the flap fall down. In place of an ID was a torn piece of looselife, scribbled upon it was a simple message.

I can do what I want.

Mal The Doctor

The guard didn’t respond, his gaze unwavering as he stared past the two kids. Mal continued to hold out the paper, taking a few strides backwards toward Faye.“What do I do?” He hissed. “I think he might be dead.”

Faye leaned in close to Mal, tip-toeing to whisper into his ear. “Poke him.”

“Why would I do that?”

“To see if he’s alive.”

“No way. You do it.”

“You’re a doctor, isn’t that like your job?”

“Poking people?”

“Checking if people are alive!” Both Faye and Mal clapped a hand to her mouth.

“Oh.” Mal raised a hand to his neck, turning away as he mumbled.. “Well, that’s actually more of a nurse’s-”

With a forceful push Mal was knocked backwards, stumbling into a turn and landing a small foot away from the comatosed guard. Mal glanced back behind him, Faye pretending not to notice, looking off to the distance while whistling a jolly tune.

“Fine!” Mal whisper-yelled back. “I’ll just…” Mal leaned in closer,

Mal raised a hand to his face, drawing it down as he switched back into character. “Fascinating!” Mal called back. “He’s covered in some sort of ectoplasm! “I’ll need to take a sample.” Mal reached into his pocket, pulling out a screwdriver covered in glitter paint, a flashing red LED glued to the tip. With a small motion he scooped a gunk of the plasm off the man’s chin, waving the screwdriver around as he examined it.

“What are you going to do with it?” Faye asked, keeping a safe distance from Mal’s wild wavings.

“Good question!” Mal stopped his waving, resting the butt of the screwdriver on his chin as he thought. “What would I do?” Mal glanced at the plasm, shaking his head at the first idea that came to mind. “No way that’s too much,” he mumbled. “...But when did that let too much stop him?” Mal raised the screwdriver up towards his lips, slowly extending his tongue out, cringing as he looked away. Gulp His tongue made contact, scooping a tiny droplet off before darting back into his mouth, the taste causing a slight spasm.

“Ew.”

“First rule of Time Travel, nothing is off limits to the tong…” Mal’s body spasmed again. “to the tonguuu.” His voice quivered, his body swaying slightly. “for the tongueee~” His eyes rolled back to his head, the looseness of his body turning rigid as he collapsed to the ground, stiff as a board.

His eyes shot open, only briefly checking his surroundings before popping back to his feet, a wave of pain breaking the grin he tried to pull. “No regrets,” he moaned, forcing his back to straighten out. “Good news, the guard is probably alive.”

“But whatever did it to him is probably in there,” Faye looked down into the dark tunnel. “With Logan.”

Mal patted Faye on the shoulder, a grimace pushing through his grin. “Clever. I love clever.” He ushered her forward, his own steps stiff and slow, grunting between breaths. “Now, on we goo-ow.” Mal grabbed onto Faye for support as his leg buckled, his body trembling as he pushed himself back onto steady, though unreliable, feet. Glancing back between the tunnel and the bright red EXIT sign behind them. Gulp “Let’s get this over with.”
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:38 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Logan - ???

Ringing.

One. Two. Logan remembered back when callback songs were a thing. He couldn't remember what Faye's was. Something by the Beegees, maybe?

Ring five aaaaand a click.

In a deep, seductive voice: "You've reached Faye Florentine's secretary slash torrid lover, Jean Claude van Damn. Who may I say is calling my - cough - feverish love?"

"Faye, I was looking all over for you, then I remembered it's not the nineties and that I could just call you."

Voice back to her high pitch squeal: "I made a friend who is a doctor!"

"I met an old lady from the army whom I think is also a demon and maybe also a ghost? I don't really know how ghosts work."

"My mom always told me I would be absolutely fine if I just found a nice doctor and settled down. I guess she was right!"

"I don't think that applies here, but I'm glad you found--"

"Fooooooound...?"

"Faye, I realize that what I'm about to say will be as thrilling to you as it is terrifying to me."

Jean Claude: "I love being thrilled!"

"But there is a twenty-nine foot seviper coming towards me and he looks hungry."

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygod take a picture! Here, I'll turn on FaceTime!"

There was a beep-bloop and Faye's face - along with a boy he didn't recognize - appeared on the screen. He was spasming every few seconds, and Logan wondered if it was a glitch in the phone.

"Oh, he's certainly big! But I wonder if he...no wait, look at that stripe on the nose - it's definitely a she. Look at how big her mouth is!"

Logan turned around and froze as a giant tongue licked up his entire body, paralyzing him. He dropped his phone.

"Logan! Logan, what does her spit taste like?!"

He clicked his jaw as his legs buckled and began to yell. "RIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

And in the spirit of heroic moments, Riza descended from the rafters holding Haunter's hand like Mary Poppins would hold her umbrella. Wyatt fumbled in from the side of the enclosure. He turned his head towards his phone as Faye started ooohing and aaaahing at the Seviper she was getting close to, and then something unthinkable happened.

Seviper slurped up his phone. The worst part was - not that the other parts: being paralyzed, not having Faye with him, etc. weren't awful - but the worst part was that he could still hear Faye singing as she slid down the Seviper's throat.
-Shinji Moon

280 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:54 am
View Likes
Nutty says...

Faye

“Man, even the way she swallows is majestic!” Faye waved her phone in the Doctor’s face. “Look! LOOK AT HER ESOPHAGUS.”
The Doctor glanced at the screen for a millisecond. “Mm. Fascinating. Don’t you think we should go see if your friend is okay?”
Faye peered through her screen as if only she willed hard enough, she could stick her whole head through it and experience being digested by a snake for real. Seconds passed. The Doctor cleared his throat. “Faye? Logan?”
“Ugh, I was just getting to the stomach proper.” Faye reluctantly thumbed the “end call” button and looked up at the Doctor. “I guess we should go check on him. I mean, it’s Logan, so I’m sure he’s fine, but… plushe’sbyagiantsnake”
“Fantastic! Do we have any idea where he is?”
Faye nodded, fiddling with her phone a moment. “Here- wait, no, that’s a shot of her teeth.” The Doctor shuddered. “Here. I started screencapping like crazy as soon as the call started, so there’s some shots of him minus seviper.” Faye thrust her phone into the Doctor’s face again. He shuddered again, but probably from the paralysis this time.
He squinted at the phone through a mass of twitches. “Uhh. Wasn’t that bush-” He paused, drawing his coat around himself. “Follow me!”

He got four steps before his leg buckled. Faye maneuvered herself under him, propping him back up. The doctor grunted. “Fantasic.”

It was only a few hobble-filled minutes later- five, ten, tops- but both of them were panting by the time the got to the bush. Faye wasn’t designed to carry people. The rounded a corner and Logan came into view, a twitching mass propped up against the glass of an exhibit. “Oh!” Faye rushed forward, barely aware of the Doctor she left swaying behind her. “Are you okay? Can you breathe? Does it hurt? What did her tongue feel like?”

Logan took a deep breath. “Yes? Yes. YES. Like Satan’s backside.” He motioned down the path a little, unsettling Blue from his perch on Logan’s stomach. “You should help Riza.”

“Riza?”

“Grandma Ghost.” Logan wrinkled his nose, feebly fending off a cold cubchoo nose from his face. “Blue, getoff.” Faye giggled and scooped Noot out from her hood, depositing him on Logan’s shoulder. “Noot, watch Logan. Don’t let blue freeze his nose off.”

A tap on her shoulder made Faye look up to see the Doctor. He seemed a little more stable each passing minute, and he even managed to point down the path without leaning on her. “You might wanna see this.”

It was the anime girl. She was backing up slowly, her fists clenched at her side. A puppy stood in front of her, fur on end. A haunter tinted the Seviper behind it purple.

“SsssssssnAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!”

The anime girl scowled over her shoulder. “Stop screaming, it’s just a reptile.”

Faye slid to a halt beside Anime girl. She almost fell over as the Doctor, dragged by his jacket sleeve, failed to stop in time. Faye didn’t even notice. “It’s beautiful.”

Unobstructed by glass, the Seviper’s presence was immense. She glared at the group, her tongue flicking casually. Riza stepped forward. “Roy, flame wheel!”
Faye watched, her stomach full of snakes, as the doctor too nodded at his riolu. “Chan, you know what to do.”

The Riolu chased after the flaming growlithe, and they both struck the snake solidly at the same time. The seviper flinched, rearing back. Chan and Roy fell back into a defensive stance. Eyes filled with fury and pain, the seviper roared.
The doctor clapped his hands over his ears, stepping back from the sheer volume. Riza squinted, balling her fists harder, her already cold expression growing dangerous. Faye gasped, stepping towards the snake. “Oh, you hurt it!” She bit her lip, blinking back tears of sympathy.

Seviper loomed over the party, tail thrashing. Roy looked back to Riza. Riza nodded curtly. “Roy, fire fa-”
She was interrupted by Faye, who threw herself bodily at the anime grandma. “Stop it!”
The girls tussled, Riza’s furious glare returned with Faye’s determined expression. “Get offofme,” Animegirl hissed. She shouted over Faye’s protests. “Roy, do it!”

Roy didn’t get a chance to obey. Seviper lashed out her bladed tail, forcing the two girls to leap apart or be cut.

“You have to stop! She’s just defending herself!”

“Screw that!” Anime girl shot back. “That thing needs to go down!”

“Would you kick a hurt puppy?”

“That thing is NOT a puppy. Did you not just see that?” Riza gestured at the score mark in the ground.

“She’s a mother!”

“I’m going to take her out.”

The Doctor yelled something, but Faye couldn’t hear. She was too busy running out to stand between the seviper and anime girl. She certainly didn’t notice Li, who was half way through using Hypnosis.

A sudden wave of sleepiness fell over Faye, and she dropped to her knees. A few feet away Seviper hissed, Roy barked and Anime girl sighed in frustration. As she hit the ground, Faye’s only thought was what happened?

Things distorted around her. Some colours faded out, and others became intense- the orange blur was Roy, maybe? Whatever it was, it was standing over her, growling at the darker blur above them both. Faye yawned, closing her eyes.
Let the blurs dance. I need a nap.

When she came to, the blurs came back into focus. This time it was Logan, who’d at some point pulled her head into his lap. “You’re crazy, you know?”

Faye blinked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. “Logan? What happened?”

“You almost got eaten by a seviper, that’s what happened. You pretty much climbed in its mouth and fell asleep!”

“Oh.” Faye lifted her head. “I should have stayed awake,” she mumbled dozily. “I could have seen the stomach after all.”

1272 Reviews

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:50 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Jasmine | Snake exhibit

Jasmine smoothed out her skirts, looking at Faye out of the corner of her eye. "I told you that snake needed to be dealt with."

Faye immediately shot straight up. "YOU DIDN'T HURT IT SO HELP ME ZYGARDE IF YOU DID—"

Logan put a hand on her shoulder. "Relax, Faye, Li took care of it." He pointed to a very proud polywag next to a very nervous Mal's feet. "Seviper's sleeping."

She leapt up to her feet and began frantically looking around. "Where?!"

Jasmine simply raised an eyebrow. "Says the girl who was nearly eaten by it."

Faye stuck her tongue out. "Says the girl who hangs out with ghosts."

"They haven't tried to kill me!"

The stare off lasted about half a second before Faye returned to her quest to find the sleeping seviper. Not like she had to look far. With the giant thing too big to move, and hardly anyone wanting to touch it, it was a lump of sleeping scales and poison sacs all of ten feet away. Faye went straight to it and, while most people wouldn't want to touch that grinch with a thirty nine and a half foot poll, she went straight for fingers.

"She's so smooth!"

Everybody watched in shocked aw as she took full advantage of hypnosis, poking and prodding and generally adoring every part of that creature.

Logal shrugged. "She loves snakes."

After a few moments of that, the keepers came in. "Who do we have to thank for this?"

Everyone was beginning to point towards an ever-shrinking Mal and Li looking up at his trainer with a certain amount of trepidation, until Faye leapt up. "I did! They wanted to hurt it."

The previously warm looks from the keepers turned to glares at the rest of the group. The group turned into a mix of avoiding gazes and shuffling feet, Jasmine slowly starting to feel bad for nearly hurting a zoo exhibit before her eyes landed on that snake. Her spine straightened but she still didn't look at the keepers.

"Well in that case," the lead keeper said. "Since you're so keen on helping snakes, why don't you take one of the eggs?"

Jasmine had never seen somebody's eyes twinkle that much outside of a cartoon.

"REALLY?!"

The keeper nodded, and Faye was so enraptured that she didn't notice two keepers covered in body armour pick up the still conked out seviper. At least they had the sense to take proper precautions.

A few moments later Faye was dancing around with the egg clutched to her chest and all the cages were locked back up. Just as the final lock was clicked into place, a chilling laugh spread through the space. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. They'll just get unlocked again."

Everybody locked up to see one girl, one boy, a Cubone, and a Yamask. Jasmine simply looked them up and down. "You are?"

"I'm Mandy!" the girl said. She paused, hands on her hips, then poked the boy.

he started. "I'm Billy!"

Jasmine simply waved a hand. "As if we're going to let these snakes get out again."

"Oh you won't have a choice!" Mandy said. "Once I do—"

She reached a hand out to the electric keypad with something that looked vaguely technological in her hand, only to be stopped short by a giant electric zap that somehow left the cages still locked. Mandy yanked her hand back and blew on it.

"Roy, take care of them."

Both of them hurriedly backed up at the sight of a snarling growlithe. "This won't be the last you see of us!"

Before Roy could leap, they'd thrown down a smoke bomb and vanished.

As the smoke cleared, a different boy was visible, this time with a Rotom. "Nice work, Citrus!"

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue May 19, 2015 1:06 am
View Likes
cheeb says...

Saul | Snake, what happened? Snake? SNAAAAKE!

Saul pointed dramatically at the group. "I've been looking for you guys!"
"Uh. Okay," said one of the guys. "Do we know you?"
Saul sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "No. You don't. That's the entire problem."

Saul put a finger to his forehead and grinned as he bent down. "I am..."
"here we go."
"The one..."
The little orange lightbulb floating next to his head squealed eagerly.
"The only..."
There was something pink dripping out of his backpack - it splattered to the ground and made a gurgling sound.
Saul drew himself to his full height and punched the sky. "Saul Wilson!"

"Right," said the same guy. "I still have no idea who you are."
"I just said I'm Saul Wilson! The man with the plan. The dude with the food."
"the jumper-off of buildings."
"You jumped off a building?"
"Well, when you say it out of context it sounds bad, Siiri!"
"Who's Siiri?"
"My phone. Hey, hey. Who ya gonna call? Better call Saul, amirite?"

The quiet kid spoke up. "Probably would've been funnier if you hadn't added the Ghostbusters reference. It seems unnecessary."
"Ugh, I didn't like Ghostbusters. Too much ghostbusting. Not nearly enough ghost-sympathising."
"Yeah, not enough snakes either."
"Okay, everyone stop."

Logan rubbed his forehead. “Okay. We know who you are now. Kind of. I’m Logan, this is Faye -”
Saul squinted at his phone and began tapping it. “... Logan. Faye.”
“I’m Wyatt.”
“Wy… att.”
“I’m the - um. Y’know what? Mal. Mal is my name.”
“Mal… Malbert. It’ll do for now.”
“Huh?”

Logan spoke up again. “And ghostygirl is Riza.”
“Okay, that’s enough of that,” said Riza. “My name is Jasmine.”
Saul’s eyes lit up. “Aha! I have one for that!” He began typing into his phone again. “D.J.… Jazzy-Jazz.”
“... Um. Could you not call me that?”
“THAT’S A NEGATORY GOOD BUDDY.”
the user formerly known as chibibo

And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk