Young Writers Society

Decay. [16+]

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:08 am
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

Eron Dasria

"I gather you aren't used to having that much attention?" Eron asked, eyeing Sunita as she made her way towards the newcomers. He was unsure of what to think of her.

She is definitely lively.

"Um, not really" Edmunn swallowed, somewhat jittery. "I mean, she IS extremely pretty, isn't she?"

"She is, though she does appear to fancy men... a lot," Eron glanced at Ed, checking to see if the priest understood what he meant. After a few seconds, he decided to change the topic, as the current one appeared to cause anxiety with his new-found acquaintance. "Will this be the first time you're away from your monastery?"

Ed snapped his attention away from the elf and nodded. "I joined the monastery when I was seven years old, and I haven't left it since."

"That's a long time. You don't even go out to interact with whoever townsfolk is near?"

I suppose that explains his reaction towards her earlier.

"Not really. I mean, I leave the grounds from time to time, but never for very long."

"I see."

When Eron studied the cleric's features, he noticed that his eyes kept wandering to the lovely lady in front of them. A playful grin lit up his features. "I wonder for how long you'll be chaste, priest."

"I... uhm...," a bright shade of red decorated Edmunn's face. Eron had to suppress the urge to chuckle so as not to make the priest any more uncomfortable than he already is. "So, erm... how long, er... do you expect this mission to last?"

"Hopefully not too long. Not that I don't wish to travel with any of you, but I will miss my town," the champion played along.

Edmunn nodded once again, his features relaxing when the topic of Sunita drew to a close.

"So, what made you choose to follow the path you've taken?"

"I don't really know. Like I said, I've been in the monastery since I was seven. The priests went talent-spotting in my town and they said I had the capability..."

Eron's eyes slightly widened. "Then it wasn't entirely your choice to be where you are now? You let your fellow dawnbringers plan your future?"

For a while, Edmunn didn't reply. It seemed as if the question caught him off guard. "Having a Dawnbringer in the family can bring them huge honour."

"I understand. It must be nice to know your family is proud, and that possibly you are too." Eron trailed off, his voice turning soft as he looked away at a distance.

What about my family?

"Yes, it must be nice..."

By the time Eron came back to his senses, the cleric had introduced himself to the female newcomer. When he caught her turning her gaze to him, the champion immediately introduced himself.

"Eron Dasria," he grinned, then slightly caught the image of Sunita through his peripheral vision. "Though apparently, everyone already knows that."

"Not I," she replied, before dropping her sight to the floor. They engaged in a bit more conversation and everyone introduced themselves until an official entered the room.

“Welcome, my friends, to the Safeguard..." the official started. Eron only paid half of his attention as the other half daydreamed about his hometown; before long, he realized that they were being led to another hall.

"And now, make audience with our king. Please, follow me."

This is it.

He stared up at the ceiling, letting the others pass him and he closed his eyes for a few moments.

Guide me.
Not anymore.

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer