z

Young Writers Society

For G.O.O.D.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 pm
AfterTheStorm says...

For G.O.O.D.

Welcome to this month’s Official Storybook, the sequel to the completed “Do No E.V.I.L.”, last year’s January SB. Join forces once again as Young Writers Society experiences new threats from an old enemy in “For G.O.O.D.”

Last year…

On New Year’s morning as YWSers across the globe celebrated the conclusion of 2013, the Young Writers Society suffered an attack on the site’s database. Unaware of the hacking, Nate checked into YWS, never expecting himself to fall into the midst of a secret organization’s plot. When Nate suspected something askew with the website, he searched the feed for the cause of its wonkiness. Instead of locating the issue with YWS however, he was greeted (not too warmly) with a code line blinking across his computer screen: ‘Do not interfere with our plans. We are E.V.I.L.’

Thanks to the valiant efforts of YWSers across the site, we were able to track down the location of EVIL’s headquarters, escape with the rescued site members in tow, destroy the malicious HQ, and put the surviving members of EVIL right where they belong: behind bars.

The end from last year's Storybook:
Spoiler! :
On the other side of the web cam, Rydia found herself transformed into a series of pixels complete with pixel gun. She also received a sudden flurry of missed cyber messages ending with an update from Dante. Rydia fired back a quick response to update him on their current situation:

We've got Nate. We're in the cyber space. Stay safe.

This year…

The fate of Project Young Writers Society Reality, a mysterious program known simply as YWSR, is still up in the air. So far, the admins have deduced that YWSR has the ability to bring to life different aspects of the site such as YWS's own guardians. The mod squad has limited knowledge of the true power of turning fiction into reality, but they know it's an idea that can only hold beauty if wielded by those of good intent. The Project must be protected at all costs.

Additionally, signs of other threats are infiltrating the borders of the site such as small glitches on user's walls or recurring spam bots. Was EVIL truly destroyed, or were their efforts only delayed? Is another organization lusting after Project YWSR and the Reality Inducer?

But YWS is ready. After the incident last New Year's, most users began preparing in case of another attack. With the help of Rydia and Griffinkeeper, some YWSers even have access to their own emergency weapons and mech suits (though they're still a little dodgy at times). In addition, a new chat room was added. This new chat called the White Room is a virtual place for YWSers to meet, discuss, play games, and hang out. Each user in the White Room has their own cyber-avatar which looks quite similar to their real selves.

So make your choice: Are you against Young Writers Society or for it?

Information on Joining:

Spoiler! :
”Do I need to have been involved in last year’s January Official to join?” Of course not! If you want to glance over the prequel, the link can be found at the bottom of this post.

To join, simply create a character template (shown below) and post! Be sure to follow regular Storybooking rules, and especially heed the "no god-modding" rule. Please don't be an all-powerful super secret spy that never fails. xD

You can hop into this SB whenever. It’s a monthly official, so that means it’s open to everyone. Wait for my first post, and then you can go Storybook crazy!

If you have a character from last year’s Storybook that you’d like to revive, feel free to do so.

You can either side with YWS or work with this new organization, G.O.O.D. (More information on GOOD can be found below.)

Who is G.O.O.D.?

Spoiler! :
GOOD is a new organization run by Idina Carr, former agent under EVIL, whose goal is to complete the task her predecessor could not: transform fiction into reality. She wants her hands on Project YWSR—no distractions this time. Carr has obtained only a fraction of the information on the Reality Inducer, though she wants more.

GOOD has only been up and running for a year, so their resources are more limited than EVIL, but none should underestimate their influence. Attacks against YWS are more disguised this time around (lesson learned from last year) and GOOD’s connection to another powerful cult proves their influence. Some agents of the former League managed to escape incarceration from the European police, so EVIL characters from last year are still playable.

At the beginning of “For G.O.O.D.”, YWS is not even aware of the organization’s existence.

Character Template (these can be as brief or elaborate as you decide) :

Code: Select all
[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Choose your side! YWS or GOOD? Or both?[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Anything Extra:[/b]

Casually tagging everyone involved with “Do No E.V.I.L.”:

Spoiler! :
• Captain Rydia (@Rydia)
• Trevor Meadows (@BenFranks)
• Samantha Victoria Blight (@Flite)
• Diane Prails (@lostthought)
• Caroline Marie (@Ranger51)
• Teresa Roman (@Iggy)
• Captain Griffinkeeper (@Griffinkeeper)
• Delta November X-ray (@DarknecrosisX)
• Guinevere Gray (@kayfortnight)
• Brittany (@NicoleBri)
• Lestat Mordak (AfterTheStorm)
• Beth Ann (AfterTheStorm)
• Blake Irongate (@Inkpot)
• Megsalot du Sug (@megsug)
• Dante S. (@Avalon)
• Charles Borshkav (@TimmyJake)

Link to the prequel: Do No E.V.I.L.

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor