z

Young Writers Society

The Dreadnought Part 1: The Awake

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:57 am
Omni says...

In a drastic war between the DGC, the Demarian Galactic Counsel, and the Zenith Alliance, the galaxy was in ruins. But, that's a story for another time.

We're focusing on the Dreadnought-Class DNA Ragnarok. After a bombing of a Zenith Alliance planet, the Ragnarok slipped out of known space without the enemy noticing them, only to arrive unexpectedly at enemy lines. After a massive fight on the orbit of a ship, the Ragnarok left with a few prisoners and a lot of battle wounds.

Our story starts here: You, and I, are members aboard the Ragnarok as it jumps out of enemy space into uncharted territory. It is the graveyard shift, and not many people are awake, operating the ship. I was up. You may have been up, but I'm going to tell you what happened anyway.

Something scanned us. I don't really know what, but it was for sure a scan. I felt it in my bones. All systems fell down for a few moments and we went into emergency shutdown. Here we were, a massive sitting duck in the middle of nowhere.

After that, everything went along smoothly. Our engines were still offline by the time I went to sleep, but it went smoothly enough.

But- and get this- it's happening again. This is the second night. Something's off. And I think it's not going to get solved unless we find out what's happening.

So, we're a team, right? No? Alright.

Characters and Their Roles

The first thing you gotta know is that there are two categories of people on this ship from this point on: The Awake and the Asleep. Original, I know.

The Awake were the people, like me, who were awake whenever the scanned happened. From what I've seen, we're the only ones who are somewhat aware that the day keeps repeating itself.

The Asleep were the people, guess what, who were asleep whenever the scanned happened. Much to my dismay (and later amusement) these people don't know that the day is repeating itself.

So, basically, it's up to the people Awake to make sure this gets solved. You can try to persuade some of the Asleep on what's happening. But these brutes? Please, they are thick-skulled.

Character Slots

The Awake:

The Pilot -
The Chief Engineer - Reserved by @AlmondEyes
The Doctor - Reserved by @AstralHunter
The Chef -
Prisoner 1 - Reserved by @Omniclysm
Prisoner 2 -

The Asleep:

The Captain -
The Counselor -
Wounded POW -
Engineer -
Resident 1 -
Resident 2 -

Races

DGC

Demarians - Short, stocky, and pale-skinned. This species is known for their ingenuity and their love for being control freaks.

Lemels - Taller than Demarians, they are great at making stuff. Smarter than the Demarians but love to keep an alliance with them. They're the reason why this galaxy isn't in a billion pieces.

Grumps - Tiny, simpleton creatures. They like having conversation and building things. Used to be slaves, but have been gaining rights the last century.

Humans - Apelike creatures with weak, fragile bodies, small minds, and even smaller limbs. They are well-suited on their love for anything and their ignorance for inner-workings of the universe. A new addition to the DGC, they are trying to expand more than fight.

Zenith Alliance

Rognirs - Stocky, brutish species. Love war and have the intelligence to back it up. They are the leading force in their alliance.

Meins - A species of dust encased in shells for bodies, these are vast in their intellegence... and comedy. They don't fight, nor are they considered in any alliance, but they like to tag along with Rognirs.

Code: Select all
[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Gender: [/b]

[b]Race: [/b]

[b]Position on ship: [/b]

[b]Awake/Asleep: [/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b]

[b]History: [/b]

[b]Other: [/b]
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou