z

Young Writers Society

YWS Wars: Mods vs Users

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:57 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

A long time ago (though not that long) in a writing site far, far away (though not that far either)...

The Moderators are engaged in a taxing battle against the Users of YWS. They gain power power everyday, increasing their number and their skill. Their endeavors appear to be unbounded and unstoppable by even the greatest of heroes. The Users are gaining little ground as they combat the mighty Moderators.

However, a mere two days ago, the Users progressed in their relatively fruitless battle against the Moderators. After a long, strenuous skirmish in the Lounge, the Users emerged victorious, driving the Moderators out of the region . . . for now. This was a mere beginning to the road that would lead to freedom. This victory was a simple droplet of the storm that had yet to follow. Though the Moderators have strength in numbers and skill, the Users possess something they do not: a new hope...

You will be responsible for the fate of this war. Align yourself with the Moderators or the Users. Choose wisely, for this decision could affect the result of the universe...

*Post as yourself below. In your first post tell what side you are on.*

@BiscuitsBatchAvoy @ddman18 @dragonlord
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:04 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

BiscuitsBatchAvoy, user - Please contact a mod in green

I stroll into the chat cafe, and quickly check for any mods. I'm excited about Sherlock and when I get excited, I swear. I don't need some imposing figure with a yellow star badge telling me to 'keep it clean, please'. It's like someone telling me I can't say the word 'yes'.

There are no mods in sight.

I whisper my favourite swear word and hold my breath.

Out of my mouth slips the word 'oops'.

"Dammit, forgot about the automated security," I mutter. I roll my eyes. Why we're allowed to say 'dammit' and not f*** I'll never know.

I'm about to trod sullenly back out the door but suddenly I hear a hushed, but fervent, conversation from somewhere in the back room.

"I'm telling you, they'll fall for it," whispers @Flite.

"Nuh-uh," @ArcticMonkey replies, "I know my territory. The Chatters are smarter than you think."

"Pah! They're just regular users!" Flite exclaims, "They'll never see it coming. Do you want that new editing software or not?"

There was a brief patch of silence.

"Fine." ArcticMonkey sighs. "But I can't watch."

And with that she's gone, disappearing further into the supply room. I don't think Flite realises I'm here. I'm about to shout over and ask her what that was all about when a curtain falls over the window panel in the door.

"No!" I shout aloud.

I'm not allowed back there. I'm not a mod, you see. I'm not important enough. Then Flite emerges from the room and crosses to the bulletin board. @ddman18 and @ForgottenMemories enter the Lounge room of the cafe and start playing Magic: The Gathering. They cross over the bulletin board and I can't see what Flite's writing. As they sit down, I hold my breath and glance up at the board.

The Lounge > Today's Subject: We are very sorry to inform you that the Chat Cafe is going to be shut down due to lack of funding. The only thing to save our beloved home is to donate at least $40 each. Please contact a mod in a green poloshirt about how you can help.
Last edited by ExOmelas on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:22 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

SparkToFlame: moderator

"You gotta do it, Sizzle." @Lumi was leaning against the walls of the moderator fortress, his face one long, grim line. "You know you have too."
I glared down at the table in front of us, where chat logs were stacked a mile high it seemed. We'd just been going through them, checking for anything that might be able to help us in the battles against the users. There'd been nothing so far, and Lumi wanted me to go on a recon mission into the user's territory in search of information.
Needless to say, I was no very jazzed about it.
"Couldn't I just go moderate the chatroom for a bit? Or, I'd even be willing to go into the SD&D forum!"
Laughter rose up from the other two people in the room, @Iggy and @Birkhoff. "Please, Sparkles. You wouldn't go in SD&D if I paid you a million bucks." Birk said, rolling his eyes.
"It's better than going into..." I looked side to side, "The Welcome Mat."

The Welcome Mat, where users went to charm noobs over to their side, and where noobness in general was rampant. Every mod avoided it if they knew what was good for them, except apparently me. My friends were sending me into the fray, and expected me to come out alive? Fat chance.
Lumi moved to put his hand on my shoulder. "You gotta do it, Sizzle."
"Couldn't I just invent another trap for them instead?"
Only a month ago, I'd invented 'the YWStival' to get as many users as I could in one place. It had been one of our most successful battles yet.
"As if they'll fall for that a second time. Plus, we've already got the 'we're gonna shut down YWS" ruse going. We don't need a second one." Iggy said, rolling her eyes. "Just go, Sparks. You can do this."
It was true. This morning we had launched the message that we were actually going to shut down YWS if the users didn't give us money. Not very tasteful, but we were running out of funding, and soldiers. There was precious few left, and the users thought we were losing. And we'd like to keep it that way.
"I know I can." I said, glaring at my colleagues. "And I'll go, just because it's YWS. Not because I think this is a good idea."
"That's the spirit!" said Lumi, clapping his hands together. "Let's get you some gear."

I followed him out of the barracks to head towards the armory, where he would fuel me with my weapon of choice, grammar stars and resource machine guns.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11