z

Young Writers Society

Summer Lovin' 2.0

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:56 pm
fictionfanatic says...

You're driving down the road, the windows rolled down, the music blaring. School just let out, and now it's FINALLY summer time; it's FINALLY time to go back to the summer house!!!

Dani, Stella, Shannon, and Marie have been friends since high school. You? You guys are their children, and you've known each other since you were born. You live in different areas, but every summer you come back to North Carolina - you come back home. You, your siblings, your friends, your moms (no dads allowed, of course!!!)

This is a continuation of the previous SB Summer Lovin', taking place the following summer. A lot has changed and a lot has happened, so we'll just have to see how this summer goes! If you have participated in this before, old characters are preferred but if you'd like you may make some changes to them. Also, if not everyone comes back we will decide whether we come up with a reason why their charrie isn't here his summer or if we'll just go without them :D If you haven't participated before, feel free to! You could be a cousin, a friend tagging along, a foster child, or something of the sort :D Enjoy!

About the Moms
Spoiler! :
Dani Conner lives with her husband, Michael, and children in New York City. Dani is an artist and Michael a professional photographer, and are very "you are who you are, do what you want" kind of people, as well as parents.

Stella Anderson lives with her husband Nate and kids in Chicago. They're really big with sports, and try to push their kids to do their very best and reach their fullest potential (best schools, best grades, star players, etc....) Stella loves her children to death, and often gets into fights with her husband about him pushing them too hard with sports and trying to insure their popularity

Shannon O'Malley lives with her children in Ireland. Her husband Martin passed away four years ago with his brother, Lakeland, in a car accident. One of her children is adopted, and they may or may not know it yet (you decide!) Shannon is tired quite often, seeing that she's a teacher by day and works at a bar by night. She has raised her children to be who they are, but be respectful, follow their moral code, and follow their heart.

Marie Dumas lives with her children and her second husband, Leon, in California. Her and her husband Todd Whells got a divorce fourteen years ago, but he is of course still very involved with Marie and with the kids. Some of the kids may belong to Todd, some may belong to Leon - you decide (keeping in mind that Leon's kids would have to be fourteen and under)! Leon is always away on business, and Marie is a stay at home mom who devotes herself whole heartedly to her kids.

About the House
Spoiler! :
The house is rather large, resting right by the beach. It is equipped with an outdoor pool, a sunroom, a pool room (as in billiards), and the sort in addition to the standard dining room (which is rarely used), living room, bedrooms, and kitchen. Some children share rooms, some do not. The mothers share two rooms conjoined by a bathroom. There are two other bathrooms in the house as well as a shower outside to rinse off sand.

Templates
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Parents:[/b]

[b]Age (If participated before, add an extra year to previous age):[/b]

[b]Appearance[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Likes/Dislikes/Hobbies:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

Characters (as of previous SB)
Let me know if you will be returning, if not your charrie will be removed
May be added to if new characters arise

Spoiler! :
Dani's Kids:
Elizabeth - F - 18 - TaylorLove
Ira - M - 18 - Liv

Stella's Kids:
P.J. - M - 18 - TinyJar
Hayden - F - 18 - TinyJar
Verine - F - 16 - Kanome
Katrina (w/ baby Alexis) - F - 18 - NicoleBri
Mi-Cha - F - 14

Shannon's Kids:
Lakeland - M - 19 - fictionfanatic
Opal - F - 18 - fictionfanatic

Marie's Kids:
Christian - M - 18 - shinethroughthedark
Casey - F - 18 - thelostone
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:17 am
fictionfanatic says...

Lakeland

The subtle squeal of the gas pump was the only thing occupying my thoughts as I dazed off, thinking about what this summer was going to hold. I had really lagged behind mom and Opal; honestly, they were probably already at the house. But I needed a bit longer to gather myself.

"Excuse me," a small voice called, grabbing my attention. My heart almost stopped when I saw her standing there with her dirty blonde curls and dazzling blue eyes. For a moment, just for a split second, I thought it was Liz. But it wasn't. I hadn't seen or heard from her in months.

"Yes?" I answered finally, after composing myself.

She hesitated, then decided, "You wouldn't happen to have change for a twenty, would you?"

I opened my wallet just to check, and upon seeing I only had large bills I replied, "Sorry, dearie, I just arrived here in the States and when you exchange money they only give you larger bills."

"Oh, really? Where are you from?" She questioned.

"Ireland. I'm here for the summer." And just as I said that, the gas pump clicked to let me know the tank of my motorcycle was full.

Removing the nozzle, I listened as she said, "Well I know you'll love it here! I'm a local, so if you'd like I could show you around sometime."

I smiled to myself - I had been coming here for longer than I could remember. "Actually, I'm not so sure about that, there's this girl..."

"Oh I see, okay, never mind then." She said with a smile and a shrug of her shoulders and began to walk away, "Nice meeting you...?"

"Lakeland. Nice meeting you too..."

"Olivia."

Nodding, I kick started my motorcycle and almost got ready to leave, but last second I yelled, "2318 Rosebush Street."

She turned back around, confused.

"That's where I'm staying. You know, if you wanted to show me around sometime."

With that, I headed back on the road towards the house.

"Mom?" I called, opening the door to the house and allowing Lola to run inside, "Opal? Anybody?"

I heard feet pounding on the ground at the sound of my voice. Someone was here, and before I had a chance to even react I'd been knocked to the ground with a hug from Opal.

"Nice to see you too." I laughed.
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:24 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Hayden

We're finally back. Back to the place where hell forms and heaven sets and I could never be happier. I had driven down with P.J. once again and we were both radiating with excitement. I was sitting in the passenger seat while drove and I was a little scared we would crash because he was shaking so bad.

"Nervous?" I asked looking up for my sheet music I was studying.

"A little, I haven't seen Casey since April." He replied chewing his lip.

"Don't worry man, y'all are meant for each other, everything will be perfect. Hopefully better than last summer even." I replied.

I swear if I explode like I did lat year on Ira I will actually kill myself.

As soon as we rounded the corner and pulled into the driveway a smile immediately covered my face. I was so excited to see Casey and Ira and everyone else. Although I had seen Ira only a week and a half ago, it felt like an eternity.

I ran out of the car as soon as it stopped and was disappointed to see that we were first. I sighed and started to help Peej unloaded all of our crap into the house. Soon we were done and we settled down onto the front steps of the house. I played my guitar and he started sketching something on the back of his hand.

"P.J.!" A female voice screamed followed by Casey running out of her car.

He flew up and instantly hugged her followed by me being covered into her arms.

"I missed you so much."

P.J.

Of course we had to be early. I was already super nervous about seeing everyone again and being early didn't help. I felt like since me and Hayden had changed so much, everyone else would have. That terrified me.

We sat on the front porch steps waiting in agony for the others. I had started drawing out the outline of the house of the back of my hand out of boredom and Hayden was strumming out the chords to some Ed Sheeran song. Then what I really needed awoke me from my daze. Casey.

"P.J.!" She screamed tears already flooding her cheeks.

I ran as fast as I could to her, picked her up in a big hug, and just let the moment sink in. I slowly put her down and wiped the tears off her beautiful face and kissed her for the first time in months. My insides still turned and everytime. She pulled away to hug Hayden and I went to go help Christian to bring their bags in.

I put Casey's suit case down her bed and then was greeted once more but her soft hands wrapping around my waist. I smiled and turned around and kissed her forehead.

"I missed you so much," I whispered into her hair sitting down on her bed and pulled her onto my lap.

"Me too," She replied before laying me down and soon we we were making out.

"Hey I love that you guys are back together but ew." Hayden said from the door Ira's arm slung around her shoulder.

I shrugged at her and continued with Casey a gasp of annoyance escaping from her at the door. Who cares what anyone else thought, I needed this and so did she.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

Reviews: 1
Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:34 am
TaylorLove says...

Liz

I tried to lift my bags but Ira quickly came to the rescue. "I can do it you know. I am fine now." There was a small chance that the cancer could come back, but I for one liked to ignore that possibility. "I am a tough person." I said holding up my arm with absolutely no muscle on it.

"I know, I am just being a wonderful brother." He said.

I rolled my eyes and laugh. "Well, thank you." He brought the bags to my room that Casey and I would share. She and I got really close when she found out I had the cancer.

"Okay, time to be truthful." He said. "Are you going to be okay? You shrug it off every time I try to talk to you about Lakeland."

I sigh and look at the floor. "I don't know, Ira. I just miss him, a lot. We use to talk every single day. I mean I went to freaking Ireland for Christmas. Then when we found out I had Leukemia, nothing. It just hurts." I say.

He nods. Before he could say another word, Casey came in with he arms spread out. P.J. was close behind her. She hugged me tight. "It is so good to see you again." She sang. "You look wonderful."

I laugh. "Thanks." I say to her. I hug P.J. after her. "It is good to see you too."

We all headed out into the family room to talk. Then I saw him, Lakeland and my heart instantly broke. I give him a small smile and then turn away. I was slightly embarrassed for some reason. He has not seen me since the hair change and pretty much the whole body change.

Everyone came together and talked and Lakeland and I were pushed together. "Um, Hi." I told him, trying to be as casual as possible and trying not to make a complete idiot out of myself.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:18 pm
NicoleBri says...

Katrina

PJ and Hayden always rode together when it came to going back to our summer house, luckily mom thought I needed a car of my own since Alexis has arrived.

I was driving down a long narrow road when I saw a gas station, I pulled up for gas and I saw Lakeland driving off. "Nice to see you too." I mumbled and pulled up to the pump. I shut the car off and got out to pay at the pump, no way was I about to leave Alexis outside alone.

I pulled the pump from the nozzle and put it to my car. I only put another 20 in so it didn't take long. I smiled to myself once I got back in the car. It was almost time to see my best friends again but now with a mini me in the back seat.

I drove again, and it was only 15 minutes from the summer house, I parked beside Lakelands motorcycle and jumped out so I could get my baby.

I walked into the house and heard chatter, "hey guys." I say and smile. Everyone came towards me and I gave them all half hugs. "Awe, is that your baby?" Liz asked. I smiled and nodded as I pulled the blanket from the car seat and I sat it on the couch. "Her name is Alexis." I tell her.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

84 Reviews

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:50 am
fictionfanatic says...

Opal

There were only a few of us at the house so far, and we sat making conversation. And by conversation I mean P.J. and Casey were nuzzling each other, Hayden was sitting across the room, Lakeland and Liz were sitting next to each other making strained conversation...for some reason, this year seemed different. Not even all the siblings were showing up together. Liz but no Ira yet, Casey but no Christian, Hayden and P.J. but no Katrina and Verine. It was normal for me and Lakeland to appear a few minutes apart since he always came on his motorcycle, but for everyone else...it was weird.

As we were talking, the front door swung open and we all turned our heads to see who had just arrived.

"Hey guys," she called. It was Katrina, baring a carseat.

Liz rose from her seat to greet her, asking her questions about the baby, but I couldn't help but wonder whether she was just trying to get away from the awkward situation with Lakeland.

Sliding my gaze over to him, I watched him sitting there with his eyes glued on Liz. She had really done a number on him when she stopped talking to him.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:31 pm
TaylorLove says...

Liz

I went to the kitchen to get some water. My head was really hurting tonight. I did not want Ira to freak out. Every time I feel a little sick or get a little head ache, Ira wants me to rush to the hospital. I can't blame him though, I thought I did too for a few months. Every time I would cough, I thought I was going to end up back in the hospital. Atticus came into the kitchen. "Are you hiding?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Fine, you caught me." I told him. "I just have a headache."

The smile vanished from his face and he went over to the medicine cabinet and got me some Advil. "Here you are my patient." He smirked. "It will take a while to kick in but your little head should feel all better after you take this."

I roll my eyes again. "Thank you Dr. Atticus." I said. "Don't tell Ira."

"Don't tell me what?" Ira asked walking him.

I thought for a second. "I can't find my vitamins. Mom said she packed them, but I have no idea where they are." I said. "I did not want you to get worried over something silly."

Atticus opened the cabinet while Ira was talking. "I can run and get some."

"Are these it?" Atticus asked.

"Oh, there they are. Looks like there was no need to worry." I smile. Ira walked away and I sigh.

"You have got to stop doing that." Atticus told me.

"I know." I said. "I just don't want him to worry about me."

"Well we all do, so stop lying." He said. "Are you going to come back and sit down?" He asked.

"Maybe later." I said.

"Why not." He asked. He saw me look down and asked, "What's wrong."

I sigh. "It's Lakeland." I whisper. "I can feel the tension between us and I hate it. I just want to know why he stopped talking to me."

"So why don't you talk to him?" He asked me.

"Because I am a scared wimp ." I told him honestly.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:47 am
Kanome says...

Verine Anderson

It’s been a whole year now since the last time I went to the summer home. I remembered that everyone got together in couples, which was out of nowhere. I smiled to myself as I thought of the love I shared with one of them. Christian. I stared out the window of the car that Katrina was driving. Music was blasting and baby Alexis was cooing in the backseat. I can’t believe I have a niece. I never expected myself to be an aunt just yet. As we reached the summer home, I slowly got out the vehicle, seeing everyone else heading inside the summer home. “I’m heading first.” I told Katrina as I started to walk inside the building. I noticed everyone was here, except for Christian.

“Hey, guys.” Katrina spoke behind me, holding her only child in her arms.

Everyone that was here gave her half hugs. I sighed softly and took out my cell phone from my shirt pocket. Not one text or call from him. I don’t know why, but I am really worried. I thought he would be here by now.

I started to walk into the room I was in last year. I smiled softly, remembering the memories he and I shared in this room together.

I sat on the bed and placed the luggage I brought with me next to me. I slowly unzipped the luggage case, taking out a book for me to read. I opened to where I stopped reading last, slowly reading to myself, entertaining myself. I kicked my legs back and forth as I kept reading. I heard someone step inside the room, which made me look up from my book. It was Ira. Strange, why would Ira come in here for? “M-May I s-sit with you?”

I felt confused, but I didn’t want to reject him. “Um… sure.” Ira sat down next to me and tries to look at the book I was reading. “A m-m-medical book?”

“Yeah.” I felt awkward speaking to him. Especially after giving away my first kiss to him last year because of a really dumb game. I glanced at Ira for a second then went back to my book. Why does it feel so hard just to talk to him?

“W-W-Why are y-you reading t-that?”

I kept reading my book. “My parents wanted me to go to medical school, so I am studying as much as I can…”

“Y-You… don’t sound too h-happy a-a-about it.”

Eh? What did he meant by that?
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

Reviews: 4
Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:42 am
thelostone says...

Casey Whells

"I missed you so much." I murmured to P.J. while absentmindedly playing with his hands. He smiled and kissed my neck. I traced the lines on his palms, listening to everyone's side conversations. What I really wanted to hear was the sound of the door opening. I wanted Chris to be here already.

"Your fingers look so thin." P.J. said, concern leaking into his voice as he looked down at our hands.

"They've always been thin." I replied but dropped his hands and stuck them in my sweatshirt pocket. Even during the summer I somehow still get cold. I looked across the room at Hayden and sighed. She was different now, she even chopped her hair. I wondered if she'd still be up for some real fun with me this summer.

I noticed Liz had been in the kitchen for some time now so I got up to check on her. I kissed P.J. a bit longer than I should've in public then headed towards the kitchen. She was talking to Ira but she saw me come in and beamed. Ira muttered something to her before leaving.

"Hey!" She grinned, hugging me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, squeezing her hands.

She shrugged. "Pretty good. My head hurts a little, but I'm sure it's nothing. Everyone gets headaches every once in a while." She gave me a once over and her eyebrows scrunched together. "You look, uh-"

"You look great!" I cut her off. "I know I haven't seen you since chemo but wow, Liz. You really recovered. I'm liking the hair too."

"I'm still getting used to it." She laughed. "Is Christian here yet? I haven't seen him."

I shook my head. "No, he's not. I've texted and called him loads of times but he hasn't answered any of them. I'm sure he's fine, probably just running late." As if on cue, the sound of the door swinging open rang through the house. I ran to the door and into the arms of my brother.

"Hey, Case." He said, slightly less enthused as I thought he'd be.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, grabbing one of his bags.

He nodded and headed upstairs. "Just tired from the drive is all." I plopped his bag onto his bed and began unzipping it.

I took out his shirts and began putting them in a drawer. "What took you so long?"

"Why do you keep asking so many questions?" He muttered, also putting clothes into drawers.

I stopped what I was doing, suddenly taken aback. I knew that being apart for so long during rehab put a strain on our relationship, but he never used to get this annoyed with me. "Why are you so irritated?"

"I'm not!" He cried, turning to face me. "It's just..."

"Just what?" I laughed but there was no humor in my voice. "Just me? I was worried because you took so long and you seem off today." I threw the last shirt I was holding into the drawer. "Clearly you need some time to yourself. Come find me when my old Chris is back."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:04 pm
Ciblio says...

Christian

Spoiler! :
THE DEED IS DONE. I've completed it, FINALLY. AGAIN. You see, I was gonna post, like, last week, but my stupID POST GOT DELETED. I WAS SO MAD. I have a habit of exiting out of things that are important. Ehhh. Fight me for it. Wait, no. I can't fight. Don't fight me for it. I REPEAT: Don't fight me for it. Oh, I've gotten carried away. So, anyways, if you gotta problem with the post, tell me & I'll change it. Kay, homies? Kay. I'm gonna go now. 5th hour is calling my name! Or was that the bell? Who knows. BAII!

Christian took in a breath and held it as he shut his eyes tightly and sat down on the edge of his bed. From where he was sitting, he could smell the familiar scent of the water drifting through the slightly open window. Oh, how he'd missed this place. How he'd missed his friends. His family. He wanted to tell everything to Casey. Everything that had happened while she was in Rehab, just so she would know what was going on while she was getting better. But...he just didn't see her when he looked at her. She was different. She wasn't Casey.

'Come find me when my old Chris is back.'

He sighed softly ad opened his eyes again, "Come find me when my old Casey is back."

Though, he'd only been late because his car had broken down and he had to wait until somebody stopped and offered to help him, since he didn't have his phone, which was at home.

After finishing unpacking, Christian left the room that he'd grown to know every summer since he was a child. He pondered on going downstairs to actually say hi to everybody, catch up, but then his mind drifted to her. Verine. His bookworm.

He turned the corner and saw the door to her room, shut. She was here, he knew she was, but only because Katrina was here. Katrina. It's weird to think that she has a child now.

He took the long strides forward before he was standing in front of her door. He was nervous. After a year of not seeing her, would anything be different? He didn't want to think about it any farther.

Raising his hand, he tapped his knuckle on the door three times, then without an answer twisted the doorknob until the door creaked open. And there she was.

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Verine jumped up off of the bed, leaving her book behind, and hugged his tightly.

Christian wrapped his arms around the small girl, nuzzling his face into her neck as he took in her familiar scent. This is what he'd been waiting for. This moment. With her. Nothing had changed.

Without pulling away, Christian mumbled, "I missed you so much, V."

And then he felt slightly guilty. Did he not think to say that to his own sister? He didn't even actually hug her. She hugged him. Of course, he was just 'tired', but it still bugged him. She went to Rehab to get better. Did he expect her to come back just as she had left? Bright and bubbly, but with a bad self esteem? Bad habit? Eating disorder? No. He'd have to get used to the new Casey.

"I..I missed you too, Chris." Verine said against his chest in her usual quiet voice.

He didn't want to let go of her. They'd been apart for so long, and he felt that if he let her go, the summer would drift right by again and he'd have to wait another year for this. But he had to.

"Why're you locked up in your room?" Christian chuckled quietly after a moment as he pulled away from her, not minding that she still held onto him.

The girl only shrugged lightly and loosened her arms, not yet releasing him, "I wanted to read."

Chris rolled his eyes and tugged at her arms until she let go finally, then slid his fingers through his, "Come on. Let's go catch up with everyone."

"But.." Verine started, glancing away. "Can I finish my chapter?"

"No!" Christian laughed, pulling her across the room. "You can do that later."

Verine sighed, but didn't object. The two walked down the stairs, and paused at the living room doorway. Everyone looked different, but yet...they all looked the same. They resembled the children Christian used to play tag with, the kids who were always together, always close when when they weren't.

It took a moment, but finally, Katrina glanced up at them and squealed, "Hey!"

She looked tired. Older. She looked...like a mother. A mother who wasn't ready at first, but is alright now.

Christian didn't release Verine's hand as the others smiled at them, a few waving. It felt so different with them now. It felt a little off.

"So, how is everyone?" Christian finally asked as he walked over to the couch, Verine in tow. He settled himself into a space on the couch and patted the spot in between his legs for Verine. He smiled a bit as a light blush formed over her cheeks when she sat between his legs.

Liv, who had been speaking to Lakeland quietly, smiled at the two, "I'm better."

Christian grinned and threaded his fingers through Verine's hair. It felt nearly impossible to keep his hands off of her. They were apart for too long, ad he'd missed her too much. Or maybe he just missed his sister, and he just thought that he felt like that because he really missed the girl in front of him. Maybe he didn't want to believe he missed his sister so much, "You look good, Liv."

Everything grew silent for a minute before Liv smiled a little more, though her eyes were a bit darker than they were before, "Yeah."

Did he say the wrong thing? Hopefully not. He only wanted to brighten the mood, but supposedly the kids he's known for years are the kids he knew. They're different. Quiet, even. Since when did they all change?

"What happened to us, guys?" Christian suddenly asked, a deep crease in between his eyebrows. "What happened to the bright, loud, bubbly kids from last year? Because I don't like this. It's Summer. This is gloomy. I'm not here so sulk and bask in myself."

Nobody said anything. The silence bored into his skull, and he shook his head, "I'm gonna go out for a swim. Join me when you guys lighten up, please?"

A few people were missing. His sister, for one, PJ, and a few others he didn't bother to look for.

Christian waited until Verine stood to stand up, then pulled her back up the stairs to change into swim wear. She didn't seem too comfortable with putting on a bathing suit, but she did it anyways, and he was glad. Everyone needed to lighten up. Sure, he had a bad day. A bad year. But they came to this Summer home every summer to forget everything else, and just focus on having a good time. A few of them in the living room didn't even look sad or anything, they were just cuddled up with someone else. He wanted to just lay with Verine and spend hours just talking to her, but it was important that they all have fun together. Like every year.

Hopefully, they'd realize that before it was too late and the summer was ripped out from under them.

The two of them were in their swimsuits and down the stairs quickly. As soon as they stepped outside, the warm breeze ruffled their hair, and Christian grinned. He missed this, too.

The ocean waved at them, beckoning them forward. Telling them to come and enjoy the water. As the sun beat down on their backs, Christian began to run, then jumped into the water with a loud laugh. The ocean. Seashells. Sand. Family. Everything. The cool water splashed against him as he motioned for Verine to join him, and when she just shook her head from the shore, he trudged through the water and stepped back onto the sand, feeling it stick to the bottoms of his feet and in between his toes. A familiar feeling. A refreshing feeling.

"Verine," He laughed, opening his arms wide. "Gimme a hug."

Verine shook her head again, a smile growing on her face. She knew what he was going to do if she hugged him. But, he took another step forward.

"Come on, I just want a hug!" He exclaimed, his eyes wide with excitement.

"Christian, no!" Verine laughed as he lunged forward and hooked his arms around her waist, hoisting her up over his shoulder.

She seemed more open with him. She wasn't stuttering, which was good, too.

"It's not that cold, don't worry!" He reassured as his pace sped up and he began running.

A loud scream erupted from her lips as the two plunged into the water. Verine scrambled from his grip, her smile still in place as she attempted to run out of the water when he tackled her again.

Christian laughed as she shivered against the water, "You'd think after all these years you'd be used to me doing that."

Spoiler! :
@Kanome, I love them too much. I can't even begin to explain it. (FIXED. SORRY I'M SUCH A DITTO, LIV.)
Last edited by Ciblio on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:15 am
Liv says...

Spoiler! :
I'm here, loves! Okay, so just a few things I noticed - @TaylorLove just wanna make sure you don't forget my dear Ira's studder ;D Also, @shinethroughthedark I'm not certain but I think Liz's cancer was a secret? I'm not sure, but that's what I thought. Anyways, here's my post!

Ira

"So those two are dating..." Atticus said, pointing towards Christian and Verine, then at Casey and P.J., "And those two are together," he then pointed at Hayden, "And I know you and Hayden are dating...and you all...grew up together?"

He was trying to figure out the dynamic between everyone, and was getting incredibly confused. He had been hearing about all of them since the two of us became best friends all those years ago, but had never met a single one of them.

"So they're dating, they're dating, you two are dating, that girl has a baby with a guy that got punched out by the guy who has seizures and fell off the face of the planet when Liz...?"

I squinted past the sun, watching as Christian, like usual, threw Verine into the pool, "Th-that's about r-right."

"So..." Atticus said, knowing the sensitivity of the Liz topic, "The blonde girl is taken?"

I busted out laughing, "Y-yeah, and P-P-P.J w-would k-kick your ass for l-looking at h-her!"

We sat there for a moment in silence, just thinking and acting like we were too busy to swim. In all of Atticus' bravery and adventure, he had never learned to swim and was scared to death of that and that only, and he didn't like to let anybody know it.

"Ira!" I heard a voice sing, the voice I loved so dearly that I couldn't suppress the smile it caused.

I turned just in time to have Hayden jump into my lap and plant a kiss square on my nose as she asked, "Did you get taller AGAIN?"

"Y-yes, b-but th-that's not w-where th-that kiss g-goes!" I said with a smirk, looking up at her and pulling her down to my level so I could give her a proper kiss, the first we'd had in a long time and I was relishing it.

"Oh, get a room!" Atticus moaned in teasing.

Hayden blushed and pulled back, but then asked excitedly, "Come swim with me?"

Before I could even give Atticus a questioning glance, he jumped out of his pool chair and said, "I'm going to go talk to the blonde, have fun!"

Atticus

"Hey," I said, sliding into the seat next to the blonde, "Don't like swimming?"

She and I were the only two not in the pool now, and now that I was up close I could tell she was looking at everyone swimming almost...longingly.

She looked up at me, and for a moment she seemed incredibly confused before asking, "I'm sorry...who are you?"

I offered her a hand and a crooked smile, "My mistake - I'm Atticus, Ira's best friend. I've been staying with the Connor's for a few months."

She shook my hand weakly, her hand so thin in mine that I could almost envelope it completely, and quickly let go as she said, "I'm Casey."

She almost immediately looked back at her friends. I followed her gaze and watched them for a moment, but then looked back at her, taking in her thin frame and her oversized shirt that hung off of one shoulder.

"You don't want to swim with everyone else?" I questioned, sticking my hands in the pockets of my jeans.

She flashed her eyes at me and asked back, "You don't either?"

Ahh, maybe she didn't swim either? No, that didn't make sense, I doubted she would be sitting here summer after summer watching and not swimming. And she looked so...sad.

I looked back at the pool, and neither of us said anything.

"Hey," I asked, swiveling in my seat to look back at her, "Want to get out of here?"

"Excuse me?" She questioned, and in that moment I realized how crazy I must seem - I didn't even know her.

"Well neither of us are swimming, and why sit here and watch them have fun when we can go find our own?"

She thought for a moment, biting her bottom lip, then jumped up and, with a skip in her step as she ran back inside, said, "I'll drive!"

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:13 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Hayden

"Come swim with me?" I asked Ira pulling my lips away from his neck.

He looked at his friend nervously, but before he could say anything he left to go talk to Casey.

"Ok-kay, b-b-but don't be sur-surprized wh-when I du-dunk yo-you in!" Ira said picking me off his lap and placing me on the floor.

I giggled and ran up the stairs to get changed before Ira changes his mind and goes after his friend. I ran into my room, which sadly I was staying in alone this summer. I changed into a neon blue bikini, grabbed my big floppy sun hat, sunglasses, and my guitar and ran across the hall to get Ira.

"Dude, you ready yet?" I asked knocking on the door.

"Y-yup!" I said unlocking his door.

I opened the big white door and entered into his room. It was super tidy compared to mine and was scattered with different instruments, heaven. I sat on the edge of his bed and watched as he came and sat down next to me on his neatly made bed.

"I mi-missed th-this." Ira said leaning over and kissing my cheek.

I smiled and set my guitar down on my lap and starting strumming out chords. The notes ran out through the room and filled it with warmness. I completely forgot about everything and got lost. With Ira's strong arms around my waist and the twang of the music, I could have then and there and I wouldn't care.

Eventually the song ended and we were forced into silence.

"I guess we missed the beach." I sighed seeing that sun was already setting.

"B-Bon-bonfire time?" Ira asked with a smile.

I nodded and kissed his nose before he pulled a sweatshirt on. I ran into my room and got changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a floral tanktop before snagging my guitar and racing outside with Ira to start the fun.

PJ

I sat alone on the deck sketching a scene of everyone surfing and swimming in the ocean. I rubbed on colors and watched the scene collide and set with its self. We were back.

The sun was setting and everyones favorite night was coming. Bonfire time. Ira and Hayden must have already been ready for it to started because they had already made a decent log pile in the center of the beach.

"Need help?" I called down shoving my pencils inside my notebook.

"Get the bar-b-que going!" Hayden called back dumping gasoline on the wood.

I nodded and hopped down on off the deck and lit the grill and went inside to get the meat. I couldn't help to notice seeing Atticus and Casey leaving the house together as I walked past the kitchen window. A pang of envy and pain sprung through me as they giggled hopping into his car.

This wasn't happening. I grabbed the burgers, buns, and hotdogs and went back down to the grill. Maybe they're just friends. I sure hope they are.

I threw the meat on the grill and flipped them my mind racing, completely ignoring everyone laughing and talking around me. I needed to find out what was happening. But not now, I can't ruin everyone else's night too.

The grilling job was done and everyone had circled around the fire. This was the first year that I've been here that i kinda have felt alone. I sat in between Hayden and Christian seeming they were the only people in the circle I was still close with. The shinnangins began and I was just so confused about Casey. I mean I love her but, I can't let to see her with another man.

"P.J. I dare you to..." Christian began smiling into his beer, "Lick the side of the house."

Everyone laughed but I was too upset to do anything, "I'm sorry I can't do this right now,"

I left the circle, scooped up my drawing supplies and two beers and headed to my room to draw. Summer sucks already.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:03 am
Kanome says...

Verine Anderson

Verine was smiling. Her. Smiling. She has never been happy before. Maybe because of the fun? Verine and Christian were sitting near the lake, laughing and conversing about random topics that came through their minds. Verine noticed Katrina playing in the lake too. Also smiling. “It seems a bit happier now, doesn’t she?” Christian spoke softly, smiling at how much fun Katrina was having with her firstborn daughter. Verine kept staring at her sister and her niece, baby Alexis.

“Yeah, she does seem a lot happier now.”

Verine felt uneasy with this predicament. She didn’t know why she felt this way, but she did. She couldn’t help but feel a stab wound pierced in her chest. Verine looked down, avoiding looking at her sister any further. Christian noticed that Verine was feeling a bit upset. He patted her head gently as Verine looked up at him. He smiled. His smiles always made Verine’s heart brighten. As the couple stood up from the sand, Katrina walked over from the lake, carrying her child by one hand and her hip.

“Hey, Verine.”

“Yeah…?”

“You think you could watch Alexis for me? I really have to do something.”

Verine didn’t know what she was going to do, but she couldn’t refuse her own sister’s request. “I don’t mind…” Katrina smiled as she handed over Alexis to Verine gently. Katrina started to walk quickly back to the summer home as Verine and Christian watched her depart. Verine then looked at her one and only niece, who cooed the whole time she has been held by Verine.

“Let’s take her over with others. Besides, I smell some good Bar-be-que.” Christian smiled as he placed his hands on Verine shoulders, slowly guiding her body to where the smells of burgers roam. Verine sat down on the bench, watching everyone conversing. Christian sat next to her, staring at everyone and smiling. Verine looked down, holding her niece a bit tighter. “Is something wrong, V?” Christian looked at her, feeling concerned about her well-being.

“If you… want to associate too then you can. You don’t have to sit here with me all the time.”

Christian patted her head and smiled even more. “I like being with you though.”

“Go talk to your sister, silly. Besides… you two seem distant lately.”

“Ugh… it’s just life. I guess I can talk to her for a bit.”

“I’ll be right here if you need me.” Verine smiled at him. Her smile was so pure in his eyes that he wanted to hold her in his arms forever. Christian leaned down and kissed his precious Verine on the lips softly. She blushed lightly, looking away from him. “You…”

He chuckled. “You’re gonna have to get used to that, V.” He then stood up, heading over to Casey.

Verine noticed someone new walking towards the benches, sitting down next to her. He looked at her, motioning his hand with a peace sign. “Hey.”

“Um… uh… hi.” Verine felt shy around him for some odd reason. The strange man then held out his hand. “I’m Atticus. Ira’s friend.”

“Verine…”

“Nice to meet you. This is a pretty nice summer home.”

“I guess so.”

“You don’t talking to people much, do you?”

“I don’t know…”

Atticus sighed softly then patted Verine’s head gently. “Well, it was really nice to meet ya.”

Verine looked at him as he departed from his seat, back to Ira. “That was random…”
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

Reviews: 4
Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:53 am
thelostone says...

Casey Whells

"So," I said, shoving the key into the car's ignition. "Where do you want to go?"

One side of Atticus' mouth twitched up in a smile as he shrugged. "I was hoping you could show me around."

"Oh right," I laughed. "You're a newbie here." I pulled out of the driveway and headed down the road, opposite from if you were to go into town. With the windows down and cheery Beach Boys music pouring through the car speakers, it felt a little bit more like summer. I could feel Atticus' eyes on me and my grip on the steering wheel tightened. My heart began to pound and the toxic thoughts already seeped into my mind.

What is he thinking?
I bet he doesn't like what he sees..

My stomach churned. I pressed down harder on the acceleration.

Karma's a bitch. You should've stuck to therapy.
God, you're so weak. You can't even make it through a ten minute car ride..

We raced past a speed limit sign that was a good fifteen or twenty miles under what we were currently going and Atticus chuckled nervously. He said something but I didn't catch it. I kept my eyes on the road and desperately fought to keep control. He turned the radio down and touched my shoulder. He said something else but again, it went right over my head.

A small wave of relief hit me when I parked the car at the bottom of the incline. "We're here." I took in a deep breath then took Atticus' hand and pulled him up the dirt hill towards the drop off. "This is one of my favorite places."

"Where are we?" He asked, looking around in confusion.

"I call it 'The Drop Off'." I smiled. I could see the edge of the cliff as we hiked up further. "Original, I know." I wiggled my eyebrows when we got to the top where it planed out. "Want to get closer?"

"To the edge?"

I nodded. "Not scared, are you?"

Atticus laughed and shook it off. "Hell no, I'm not scared." The closer we walked towards the edge the rainfall of crumbling rock beneath us grew louder.

"There's a rumor that a kid died here before." I said, lowering my voice to increase the spookiness factor. "He and some friends were playing around too close to the edge and he fell right off." A smirk crawled across my mouth as I saw his shocked reaction. "It's just a rumor though. Parents tell their kids so they don't come up here." I looked behind me and realized Atticus stopped following me. He eyed me carefully and I wasn't quite sure what he was thinking as I kept walking towards The Drop Off.

I was only a few feet now from where the ground tampered off. My heart raced with each step. Adrenaline coursed through me, washing away the anxiety and bad thoughts. I had been up here multiple times and not once had a piece of the ground fallen away but I always got a thrill from the edge.

I carefully sat down and slowly moved towards The Drop Off. "Are you coming?" I asked, turning to look at Atticus who was still four or five feet behind me.

"Casey..."

I rolled my eyes and swung my legs over the cliff. The drop was probably a good hundred feet. When I was younger and first heard the story of the kid, I dragged Hayden and Chris out to see if we could see his skeleton at the bottom. There was nothing there, of course.

The wind tangled my hair and snapped at my bare legs. I closed my eyes for a moment but opened them again when the air besides me was disturbed. "Nice of you to join me." I teased.

"You're something, you know that?" Atticus grinned, sitting next to me.

We didn't stay at the The Drop Off long, I knew that our annual barbecue would start soon and that Atticus probably wouldn't want to miss it. He convinced me to let him drive home. I sat in the passenger seat and studied him as he kept making the wrong turns. There was something about him, something that intrigued me.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

84 Reviews

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:15 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lakeland

"Hey, Lakeland!" Casey called, causing me to turn to face her. She was just now joining us with Ira's friend and-

"This girl...Olivia...was up at the house looking for you?" Casey explained, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey Lakeland." Olivia smiled, bounding over and giving me a side hug, "I was up at the house when your friends came by and said you were probably here..."

I gave her a small smile, looking around at my friends, slightly embarrassed that she was now here with all of us, and yet I had barely known her myself...and now she was here...and no Liz was staring me down...

"Care to join us?" I asked with a smile, "We're just about to eat."

"Sounds fun." She said, sitting down beside me as I finished off my drink.

Opal

I watched as Lakeland invited the girl to join us, eyebrows furrowed, curious as to how he even knew her.

"Who are you?" I questioned, and when she looked at me in shock I furthered, "I'm Opal, Lakeland's sister."

"Oh, really? I wouldn't have guessed that." She said, and suddenly everyone got quiet.

"It..." She said, looking around and clearly feeling uncomfortable, "It's just...you don't look that much alike..."

"I'm adopted." I said quickly, turning back to the fire.

I think I hate this girl.
Live, Love, Laugh

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson