z

Young Writers Society

The Murders of Poppy Hill: Feral Cats (not Warriors)

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:19 pm
kingofeli says...

Poppy Hill
Summertime brings heat, rain, and relaxation to the city and countryside alike; unless, of course, you are a part of the feral cat population that lives on Poppy Hill. A designated “safe spot” for cats without a home, Poppy Hill is located in the middle of desolate farmland, miles away from any humans, but not without danger. This summer highlights that perfectly; in less than a month, four cats have turned up dead, their throats shredded.

The Blackpaws
It's no secret that the cat town lives with violence. Controlled by a powerful Mafia family, the Blackpaws, they make their power and influence known. Currently, they are controlled by Gilligan and Juniper Blackpaw, a pair of wily and controlling Siamese twins. Murder isn't an uncommon tactic for them, but this many murders in such a short period of time is simply unreasonable. Never before have this man been killed like this, and the citizens of Poppy Hill are starting to think that something might be up. Still, they remain the prime suspects.

Order of Felis
There's a new, up-and-coming gang that may threaten the Blackpaws. Known as the Order of Felis, these cats are crafty, sly, and known for being able to weasel their way into getting what they want. Their leader, Jaga Lockjaw, is known for her fearlessness and drive. She's willing to do just about anything to put the Blackpaws out of power, although the victims of the slayings belong to neither gang. They are right underneath the Blackpaws when it comes to the suspect list.

Newcomers
Pawi, Freckles, and Nita Softfoot are all newcomers to Poppy Hill. Having been driven out of the city by humans, they've come to the countryside for a scenic escape. Unfortunately, they've landed right in the middle of the biggest murder investigation in the town, and they find that they can't escape the grasp of violence. Deciding to try to make the best of it, the three of them become the only detectives in this lawless town, determined to solve the murders of Poppy Hill.

The big question now is, who will win? Will the murders of Poppy Hill ever be solved? Will the victims receive justice? Will the Softfoot siblings be able to solve the murders?

That's up to you to decide.

xxxx

To join, simply announce that you're going to be making a character or would like to play a character, then add your character to the character list. If you'd like to play a character, please private message me and I'll get back to you.

Discussion Thread: [coming soon]

Sample Form

Code: Select all
[small-caps]Cat's Name[/small-caps]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] Cat's age, sex, color, breed, and whatnot all go here.
[b]Personality:[/b] The cat's personality goes here.
[b]Family:[/b] Any family goes here.
[b]Extra:[/b] Anything else.
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

60 Reviews

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 pm
kingofeli says...

CAST:

Gilligan Blackpaw [open] Siamese
Juniper Blackpaw [open] Siamese
Jaga Lockjaw [open] Bobcat mix
Pawi Softfoot [open] Savannah Cat/Maine Coon mix
Freckles Softfoot [played by me] Savannah Cat/Maine Coon mix
Nita Softfoot [open] Savannah Cat/Maine Coon mix

For characters who have already been created and are open, you can decide everything about them; their fur color, personality, etc. Everything except for the breed is customizable.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

60 Reviews

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:01 pm
kingofeli says...

[bump maybe?]

60 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:09 pm
kingofeli says...

[is there anyone interested in this?]

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau