z

Young Writers Society

22 Levels of Evil

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:57 pm
Lumi says...

It was a vast understatement to believe that Mako had cried; and though she hadn't worn any mascara to run or eyeliner to smudge, the distress had been clear on her face ever since the bus had arrived to take them all, lumped together in a mass of I Am A Criminal And Must Be Feared musk. Mako wiped her eyes furiously and tried to hold a steady gaze against this woman, this stranger in an Eloise's clothing.

She made an attempt to clear her mind, to bring everything into focus around this stranger in an Eloise's clothing, but everything ran rampant from her first heartbreak to defending herself against her father--and that's when her words slipped out like marbles.

"I killed him."

It was a whisper if ever there was one; and it was the same whisper she'd repeated all through the trial and through the negotiation to get her into this trial for convicted criminals. Mako shook her head. She put her hands over her mouth and closed her eyes and she tried to bring herself to say something to this stranger in an Eloise's clothing, but all she could bring together in her language brain was I killed him.

She scrambled. She searched for a notepad given to her at commissary and wrote with a short BINGO pencil she'd swiped at the last minute, and she wrote where this stranger in an Eloise's clothing could read:

My name is Mako.
I'm sorry if I scare you;
I just don't have words.

"You don't seem scary, Mako. You seem scared. And I think that's okay considering circumstances."

The woman put her hands on Mako's and held them like a sister would; and Mako wondered if any sister of hers would do the same.

"You are going to be okay."

No, Mako wrote, I'm going to die.

The stranger in an Eloise's clothing narrowed her eyes before shaking her head. "Who's going to kill you?"

Mako turned the page upside down and drew an arrow to the only man on the bus.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun