z

Young Writers Society

Improvised DW Storybook: The Musical!

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:26 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

A musical storybook? Yes a musical storybook. Why not, I thought it would be fun.
The idea here is that you can post songs in your posts.
Basically, this is how it would work. You put some song lyrics in your post, where you want everyone to burst into song. These needn't be your own lyrics, and you needn't add a song every post. But where you want, you're allowed to write in the lyrics. If the lyrics aren't your own, (I imagine the vast majority won't be,) simply put the artist's name in a spoiler at the bottom of your post. Also, if you want, pop in a you tube link.
I think that's everything to do with the music over with...
Right, now for the setting and plot.
This is set in the Doctor Who universe. This means the one player will be the Doctor, and another two the Doctor's companions. These will be totally original, and not old companions or doctors. Think parallel universe.
The other players will be whatever the hell they want, as long as they're in London. (This is to keep things easy.) They could be aliens, ex companions, or people totally unrelated. They could even be Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Somehow we shall then introduce them to the plot. Perhaps they find the TARDIS, perhaps they find an alien, or perhaps they just meet the Doctor.
Therefore, here are the slots:
Doctor:
Companion: Zhia
Companion: Biscuits
Anyone else... as many as you want.
So, quick recap, a parallel universe DW musical.
As for character templates... I am not going to give one. Simply because the characters are going to be too different. However, I shall give a 500 point prize to the best character. So I want detail.
RULES:
1 Always credit an artist if you write their lyrics in your post.
2 Try to keep it PG, but I understand if your musical taste is rap or something. That's fine.
3 Read all the other' posts, and try to listen to the songs if you have the opportunity.
4 Keep all discussion to the DT.
5 Don't overly control other characters. Except in song, if you need a chorus or something.
6 Do as I say
7 Etc...k :D
Last edited by TakeThatYouFiend on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:14 pm
CuriosityCat says...

Oh my gosh! I actually have a song for this! :D I just wrote it, too...
Spoiler! :
Do you wanna fly the TARDIS?

Wanna travel space and time?

I think some company is overdue.

I've started talking to

my screwdriver again!

(Yes, it's sonic.)

It gets a little lonely,

these empty TARDIS rooms.

Watching the centuries go by!

(Tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock.)

So do you wanna fly the TARDIS?
I’ll give you the key if you want it!

Allons-y!

The tune is to "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?" from Frozen. :) I haven't really done much work on it, though... :S What do you think?
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:05 pm
SkyeWalker says...

OOH! Could I do a companion? :D
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying