Young Writers Society

Skies of Sais

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:15 pm
KatGirl says...

Skies Of Sais

Plot

You find yourself in a world of danger and disaster, also known as the Apocalypse. You live in a fantasy realm in an Academy for the "special". Rumor has it that there is such a thing called the Runed Books Of The XI that was lost to the world centuries ago, each containing an ancient prophecy that might decide the fate of the world. If the Runed Books are not found, Sais is likely to end. You only have a few months before your homeland will only be a dark abyss. ~The Sky-Warriors vanish, and the sun is at risk.. the only thing to stop it now is a few Immortals..~

The Academy
Basically, everybody in the dimension you live in is there for a reason. Most wake up, not even knowing who they are, but some believe that your put there for a reason-because your "special". The Academy is a place of many instructors and mentors to teach you of the dangers of the wild, how Sais (this dimension) came to be. The Academy is a marble palace basically, with statues that can come alive under attack.

Powers

Basically, you can pick whatever you dream of. You can have celestial powers, (sun, stars, moon) powers of the wind, shapeshifting, visions of the past and future, etc. You could also resemble a type of animal- crow, lion, wolf, etc. If you want to make something up yourself, make sure you explain what it is. You can be anyone or anything you want, even though your personality for your character doesn't match. However, most commonly in Sais, are people of this kind-

Flamen- people of fire, can control most wildfires/embers to their own will.
Sky Warriors- people of the sky, can control the clouds and rise the sun.

Immortals - can summon light in the dark, masters of potions/magic.

Astrals - people of the moon sky and stars, they have a strange power that is often called "celestial"

Shifters- people of animals, can shapeshift into the animal they desire in the most, they usually have the power of animals and can summon aid of them.

How it all Began
There are many legends of how Sais came to be, but most of it's people believe this legend of the Guardian, the first animal to live. They found ruined text laying deep in the ground containing a small amount of text.
"The brown tiger covered with emerald stripes lay on the cliff, outlooking the horizon of the barren realm. It seemed so lonely to the tiger, there were no other animals or even humans. The tiger listened carefully, hearing a scuttling noise beneath his massive paws, to find himself looking at a mouse trapped between them. Another animal? Here? Impossible. The creature was dazed at just the sight of another living animal."

Creatures Of Sais

The Chesire Wolf Pack-
Mystical wolves literally named after the Chesire Cat because they are strange creatures whom look like the creature itself.

Naids-
Creatures who are known for tricks and pranks (often including drowning humans,) which are very alike to sirens.

The Guardian's Animals-
These are animals said to be descended from the Guardian itself, the first animal to live. They are known to shapeshift into their actual, full form.
ex: A dog that turns into a wolf.

Cindermaws-
Ferocious creatures created by volcano and magma itself, they usually live anywhere near lava.

Oracles-

Human-like people with completely black eyes, one can show them the future, and the other can show them the past.

Floxins-

These animals are half fox, and half lion. They are usually brown, like the color of bark. They have the body of a average fox, a lion-like face, fox ears, and a lion tail- don't forget the wings!

(Ideas are appreciated!)

Bio

Basically to set up your biography, just put what happened before you ended up in Sais, whom you are now, what powers you have, age and appearance, personality and your kind/powers, fears (optional), and your name and gender. Also when I mean kind, it means what animal/creature you're descended from, but really, you could make anything up.

Powers:

Appearance:

Kind/powers:

Fears: (optional)

Name:

Personality:

Extra: (optional)
Last edited by KatGirl on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
meow.

94 Reviews

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:27 am
KatGirl says...

Kristen Weaver

The Immortal Light was in my palm, cascading a faint glow around myself. It was about midnight, the time wolves would gather at the cliffs to howl their songs to the moon. In fact; today was the day of the Red Moon. The moon was a swollen deep red egg in the sky. My cat perched on the frayed book, leaning over slightly to examine the runes on the dusty pages. Gnarled branches of trees reached outwards; appearing as though trying to grasp the book's secrets. The sea was calm and serene; but in the day it was a raging ferocity of waves. The naids that inhabited the sea would often play tricks with passerby, just for their own entertainment.
They'd attempt to drag you underwater; if they were sucessful, they'd shriek a song full of whistles that made you go deaf. They'd dump you back onto shore-- that is, if you were lucky. The sea was a cataclysm that held many fierce creatures. And right on cue, a scaly tail raised out of the water, splashing it's tail-drenching water all over me. ''Stupid naids," I muttered. The Sky Warriors would soon raise the sun, it was best to be heading off around this time. As she stood up from the jagged boulder, a scaly hand grabbed my boot and tugged, trying to pull me in. The naid came fully out of the water, baring it's spiky teeth and fluttering it's eyelashes.
"Repeat that for me, xecena" the naid chattered, tugging more on my sneaker. I tried to tug my foot away, but the naid kept a firm grasp. ''Now now, xecena. Let's have some.. fun!" the naid laughed, a series of whistle-sounding noises. Finally I was able to pull away from it's grasp; my sneaker came off and the naid sunk back in the water in disappointment; giving up on trying to pull me under.
What did xecena mean? I decided to leave it lingering in my thoughts; it was probably just a word in the naid language. The sun was faintly rising; a hot pink glow that was dim in the sky. I walked briskly deeper into the heart of the forest; knowing the wolves would wake soon was a troublesome thought- they weren't the merciful kind. Suddenly my cat, Faith, began to expand into her full-size. She grew into a colossal panther with four inch claws and emerald eyes. I climbed onto Faith, opening the dusty book in my hands.
She growled deeply in delight, flexing her claws as she took off into the night. I put one of my arms around her fluffy neck. Twigs and leaves snapped and crunched under her paws, it basically felt like going on a bumpy, semi-fast rollercoaster. Trees hidden in the gloom of the shadows reached out longingly towards Faith. I looked down at the mysterious book in wonder.
It was a very, very ancient book I'd found in the "forbidden" part of the library. Of course the "librarians" didn't catch me stealing it, they were only really mockingjays, anyway-but you could still call them librarians. I flipped to the back page of the book, to find strange writing scrawled in ink.

The land of despair
a void of darkness
hope is forbidden
the beacon has gone
enkindling warmth
hidden in the
wraths of the Runed..

''Well that sounds enlightening,'' I joked sarcastically. Despair and darkness didn't sound that great. I sighed, flipping at the roman numerals and runes. What was I going to do with it? I snapped the book closed; dust scattering on my jeans. The sky was turning a dark violet, yet the Sky-Warriors were standing on clouds, hand in hand, heads bowed and fists clenched.
A sudden growl made Faith halt in her tracks. A pair of two, glowing eyes was looking straight back at us. The creature's eyes were a bright, golden yellow, yet still seemed menacing. Faith bared her jagged teeth and growled threatingly. The pair of eyes stared back relentlessly. The beast came out of the shadows and into the semi-darkness. It was a wolf that had a black head and black front paws, but the rest of it was a light purple. Two curled horns came off of it's head like a ram.
It's two tails swished and curled in the air like a scorpion's tail as it neared closer. Of course.. the Chesire Pack. I wasn't kidding, there was such a thing as a wolf's pack based off of the Chesire Cat, because they literally looked like it's descendants. They were dangerous; often to be said as a bad omen. Faith lashed out inches away from it's eyes as a warning. The "Chesire Wolf" backed away, snarling under it's breath. It's eyes flashed a dark purple for a couple of seconds.
It tilted it's head mockingly, making full eye-contact. It's entire body turned into a shadow, only it's golden eyes staring back. It gave a finally yelp of warning and retreated back into the shadows.
Faith scanned the clearing, making sure it was completely gone. "It's okay, Faith," I said, my voice shaking slightly. How the heck did a wolf suddenly just appear out of nowhere and decide to block our path? Faith hesitantly broke into a sprint again. I leaned into her fur, circling both of my arms around Faith, using her as a warm, extremely fluffy pillow. She meowed, (kind of) and purred in delight. In the blink of an eye, I was soon asleep.
I awoke to the frigid air that whisked around in the air; making me shiver. The Academy was nearing, it was encrusted with diamonds and it was made of marble. It was a towering building; when dawn approached it would cast a colossal shadow. The marble tile shined with perfection, the walls were two twin towers and the roof was pure glass. Statues of Griffins were on each side of the double-doors, rearing up, frozen in a menacing call. Everybody was rushing around briskly; probably rushed to prepare for all the classes. I breathed a sigh of relief as I entered the building, finally away from the mystic-chesire wolf.
meow.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:33 am
TigersMoon says...

I would roleplay with you but I wouldn't have time. :( I want to do this storybook so bad. I'll track it and maybe join.
Three ghosts in the lighthouse

94 Reviews

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:40 am
KatGirl says...

mptigerswriter wrote:I would roleplay with you but I wouldn't have time. :( I want to do this storybook so bad. I'll track it and maybe join.

No problem! If you'd like, feel free to make any ideas for it!
meow.

45 Reviews

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:37 am
TigersMoon says...

Powers: Shape shifting (mainly a white tiger)

Appearance: Ice blue eyes, pale white skin, dark brown hair, 5.7

Kind: The Guardian's Animals/ Shifter

Fears: Death

Name: Kyrin

Personality: Quiet and hateful if you're not friends with her, compassionate and helpful if you are friends with her.

Extra: The only thing she can remember is that she can shape shift. (Perhaps her name might provide a story??)

94 Reviews

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:01 am
KatGirl says...

mptigerswriter wrote:Powers: Shape shifting (mainly a white tiger)

Appearance: Ice blue eyes, pale white skin, dark brown hair, 5.7

Kind: The Guardian's Animals/ Shifter

Fears: Death

Name: Kyrin

Personality: Quiet and hateful if you're not friends with her, compassionate and helpful if you are friends with her.

Extra: The only thing she can remember is that she can shape shift. (Perhaps her name might provide a story??)

Yay! c: You can also make a character to the left under the img. of the icon for this Storybook just so that new members will know that you have joined.
meow.

45 Reviews

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 am
TigersMoon says...

I can roleplay as anther character if no one else joins.

94 Reviews

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:42 am
KatGirl says...

mptigerswriter wrote:I can roleplay as anther character if no one else joins.

It's only been a day so far, people might join in the next couple weeks or so.
meow.

"Please put me in the quote generator whenever you like."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi