z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:02 pm
Nike says...

Harmony High was an intense Storybook that wrapped around the lives of teenagers. It had a running of around two years (Woooo) and has come to an end. Here we have a sequel, to start fresh, and to introduce new people.

Welcome to Lincoln Wood Private College Prep. This school accepts all students and believes everyone deserves a chance for a great future.

We are looking for both students and teachers! If you want to join, just hit the character section and let's get started.

Lincoln Wood is a school in Seattle, Washington. It's just at the edge of the city, ten minutes out from the center. Students from outside of Seattle are welcome.

Spoiler! :
For the profiles, I want you to write the history, habits, weird fetishes, Personality, Appearance, Life Goals (What is their career going to be, unless unknown), and a picture.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:44 am
View Likes
Editor says...

You should make a DT! I have a question.
ï' ø вøɾε

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:14 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

More On Lincoln Wood

A Note From Head Mistress Adele Smith
On Your New Year

Welcome back or welcome to LWPCP!

LWPCP facilities are top-rate. We have a pristine track, built only last year, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. Our swimming, lacrosse, and track teams were both state-ranked for the year 2013. We're very proud of our Lincoln Wood Axe Men and Women. (On another note, our Football team continues to not-exist. Hosting Homecoming this year is our Conference-Winning Soccer Team!)

Of course, you will not find a better place to study! As a student at LWPCP you were accepted because of your intelligence, but we need not remind you that your parents are paying for these privileges. Grades are very important here. Every year we send off kids to Ivy League or major Liberal Arts colleges; at the very least, they get money from a lower-rate school. You get help from teachers and access to two study lounges, so I urge you to take advantage of these things.

We encourage the arts. Our band receives Ones every year, and we have state-of-the-art art appliances and instruments. Feel free to express your creativity in every way possible.

Despite this freedom, you are held at a high standard at LWPCP. We expect you to act like it. Attached are a list a rules, and I expect you to follow them. Even though you live at home, everywhere you carry the LWPCP code. Illegal activity is frowned upon and will result in "special attention".

For a lighter note, LWPCP is very liberal! Friday is always Axe Men day, so you'll be expected to use creativity for spirit. Other than that, dress freely, following our few reasonable dress codes.

I hope you enjoy your school year!

Adele Smith
Headmistress
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 pm
Gravity says...

Every morning is pretty much the same. Wake up, check inbox, get dressed, eat and face the day.

So this morning, when I saw the letter from my new Headmistress... my heart jumped into my throat. I'm going to school in America. The strangest, fattest, scariest country in the world. Along with my letter I got my first class schedule.

Then my phone buzzed, ruining the mood. Of course. Mama just couldn't resist leaving a message and spoiling the first moment I actually felt free.

"Salut! C'est Mama, Comment tu trouves de l'ecole? Tu aimes..."

If I never had to speak another word in French it would be too soon.
Last edited by Gravity on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:01 am
Sunshine says...

I don’t like to admit that I’m nervous. That’s something little girls feel on their first day of sixth grade, twisting their dresses around their fingers, twitching uncomfortably in their seats and wondering if they’ll be popular enough to make it. This is High School, the start of my junior year, and things aren’t like that, right? Not in a place filled with intelligent people, all striving to do their best…

Haha, okay. So maybe there was a reason I was a little nervous. School years start with a thousand possibilities, some good and some bad, and you get to choose the path you travel down. That’s just really daunting, to me. You have all the options, every possibility to screw up or to live happy. How do people live, with all those ideas, all those pathways peering down the back of their neck?

I step off the sidewalk the way I did every day of the last year, and teeter on the edge. I remember that they don’t, and get back on the sidewalk, if only to be a rebel.

Kids stream into the school. We’re an odd bunch, I think. Some kids always in almost-uniforms, a few quirky kids in Nerd gear, skater boy-types, and people whose outfits look like they were drunk when they picked out their clothes. The only thing we have in common is that we’re smart. Or that we’re supposed to be, I guess.

When everyone else rushes in, I linger inside, feeling the sorrow of the summer breeze. I unfold my schedule. It had been folded into little tiny bits, in the wish that I wouldn’t have to see it.

Advanced Essay Writing
AP Chemistry
Band
Philosophy and Religion
Trigonometry

There are a few more things, but I don’t really pay them very much attention. I take a deep breath, straightening my thin white top and pulling up my colorful pants. It’s a daring choice, for when I still have the bravery. I head inside.

The school is pretty crowded, but everyone here is quiet the individual. I see Dafnie, who was always nice to me last year, and give her a little wave, but I don’t think she sees me. I don’t really have a lot of friends, but I don’t mind that. I have a lot of people I talk to, so I’m fine; they just aren’t my friends. Friends is a pretty special word, and to use it you have to trust people, which I don’t. I go to Advanced Essay Writing, which is with a teacher I’d never had before, but one that doesn’t look particularly interesting.

I’m early, and I hear people still shouting greetings in the hall. I disguise my discomfort with a shuffling of books and folders around. I decorate a few with sharpies. My art is terrible.

The first bell rings, and a girl walks in. Singular, by herself, but she still makes me look up.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” She asks, gesturing to the desk next to me.

“Yeah, okay.”

We sit in silence. I steal glances at her. If I ever wanted to wear a hijab, now would be the time. Those things add more stealth than you realize.

I should know her. She’s got a name like a Disney Princess, and her hair always looks better than mine. She’s in the band, but I can’t remember which instrument she plays…

Right. She’s that one.

The girl who plays all the instruments, Hawthorne Snow. I can understand two, or even three. Being A little bisectional isn’t bad, but Hawthorne is always switching seats all over the band, in places she shouldn’t actually end up. It’s really annoying. Really impressive, of course, but also annoying as anything.

I feel like I should introduce myself, as class hasn’t started, and she definitely doesn’t know me, but I don’t really want to.

“I’m Hawthorne, by the way.”

Too late.

“Adah.”

She nods, doesn’t ask any more questions, but I’m chaffing to hear more.

“You’re, um, in the band, right? The girl who plays all the instruments? What are you planning to start on this year?”

She smiles. “Hm. I was thinking flute. That section lost a lot of girls last year.”

Flute. That’s my section, and she might be taking my chair. I try to hide my surprise, but I feel a lack enough of anger to make a joke. “I play the flute too, but I’m afraid that’s my only instrument.”

She laughs a little, but the bell rings and the uninteresting teacher stands up.

“Welcome class, to the new year at Lincoln Wood.”
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

267 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:38 am
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

"Welcome class to a new year, to all the new students in this class, I am Mr. Greyson. And to the rest of you, you already know." His voice was a little high for a man.

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed, enduring the few minutes I had before I had to actually start concentrating in lessons for the day. I wasn't excited, always and forever, I hated school. If that was something I could just blow right through, I definitely would.

"For the new students, I have assigned each of you a mentor for the first week. They will help you get around the school, cheat on homework... all the things." He smiled.

I just rolled my eyes.

Within a second, the bell went off. All the students got up, dragging their backpacks behind them. We pretty much looked the same, with the maroon cardigans, white polos and black pants or skirts for the girls. the boys had black and maroon ties. We all looked totally like Chilton students from Gilmore Girls. I really loved Rory, but I didn't like the idea of uniforms and strict rules.

"Hey, Daffy." my best friend, the guy with the smart looks and blonde hair with all the girls trailing him, had spoken to me.

Smiling up at him, I followed the way down the hallway, remembering the my first class was in the other building, Creative Writing. But before we could even make it out of the classroom door, I hear Mr. Grayson call our names.

Fuck, we are mentors, aren't we.

I turned around with Paul, that was the attractive best friend's name. We faced Mr.Greyson with smiles.

"Guys, do me a favor..." he teased. "Mentor these two, they are best friends like you guys, it will make it easy for them."

There were these two students behind him, both girls. They looked to be scared, eyes darting everywhere and no smiles at all. One of them, she had this short brown hair, an Emma Watson cut, was pulling at her backpack strap. The other, she resembled a perfect Barbie, was just staring at Paul.

"This is Paul and Dafnie." he nodded at us. "And this is Kylie and Yasmin." Yeah, those are fantastic names.

I nodded at them and they followed, like lost puppies. Essentially they were lost students. Paul took my hand in his, like he always did. Reason? I have none. He started doing that for like a year now, after his relationship with Francine. He says he doesn't want anyone. So I guess I was the girl that he used to show that hey, he wasn't available even though he actually wasn't.

Weird, yeah, I know. I've told him that.

"So, Kylie, Yasmin, excited?" Paul asked with his deep voice.

They both just stared at him for a moment and then Yasmin, the Barbie, decided to speak.

"Yeah, tots." she smiled all cheeky.

Gag.

There are some faces in this world that you just feel like slapping, just because, they annoy you. Hers is definitely one of them.

As we skimmed through the crowded corridors, Paul and I explained as best we could the history of this school and what each room that we passed was meant for. We even managed to introduce them to our friends. Wow, we can be really nice sometimes.

Kylie said their first class was Algebra with Mrs. Pearson. I had her, she's really nice. She reminded me of my grandmother, smelled like cookies and knew too much. That class happened to be in the building we were in, so we took them there. The class was already full so they scurried in to find seats.

"You know this means that for the whole week we don't go to class, right?" Paul smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, we are mentoring them... so we have to be by them at all times."

I shook my head. "Well I kind of wanna get to Creative Writing so whatever."

Before he could reply, he looked behind me and his jaw dropped. My heart raced as I turned my head cautiously and saw a familiar face.

"No fucking way man..." Paul gasped.

"You don't need to tell me twice."

Spoiler! :
This person that they see can be any of your characters, I want them to interact with someone. This person shall be their friend. The reason they are reacting in shock is because they haven't seen each other in years.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:48 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie sat on her bed, and rubbed at her eyes. She'd accidentally slept in late, and now only had about 30 minutes to get ready, before she had to leave for school.

With a sigh, she pushed herself up, and began undressing, then dressed in a loose white top, a black skirt, to which she tucked her shirt into, a dark red cardigan, and white/brown sandals.

After brushing her naturally curly hair, she took one last look in the mirror, then grabbed her keys, phone, and her Tan Saint Laurent Cabas Classique Y Line Top-Handle Bag, and rushed out the door, making sure to lock it behind her, before she jumped into her car, started it, and took off.

As she arrived, familiar people started to gather, all smiling faces. She parked, got out, and grinned.

The girls squeal in excitement, and began to compliment her, greet her, tell her how much they missed her, etc. Though, she just nodded with a smile, as if she were listening. Though, she wasn't. Her eyes were focused on another figure, one who walked with a few guys, smiling that magnificent smile of his.

"Jessie? Jess! Hey, you there?" A voice asked loudly.

She blinked, and looked back at the crowd, as they all stared at her, as if waiting for her to answer a question. After a few seconds, she managed a, "Sure!"

But, she didn't know what she'd just agreed to. The girls squealed in delight, then began to walk, and she followed them.

Quickly, though, desperate to separate from the butt-kissing girls, she checked the time on her phone, and sighed loudly, catching their attention.

"What is it, Jess?" One asked, a girl with shoulder-length platinum blonde hair, and a slim figure.

All eyes were trained on her, as she replied with, "I forgot that I'm supposed to go talk to one of the Secretary's. I'm sorry, guys! Maybe later, we can...do whatever we were going to do, okay?"

A few groaned, but the others perked up, "As long as we can do it at some point!"

Jess smiled again, and turned around, heading in the direction they'd just come from. In the corner of her eye, she caught the person she was looking for, alone.

She smiled, and was about to go up to him, but her breath caught in her throat, and she found herself practically sprinting to the bathroom.

As she burst into one of the stalls, she emptied the contents of her stomach into the toilet. Maybe it was the nervousness of her first day getting to her. Yeah. That had to be it. She's just nervous.

Jess picked herself up, wiped her mouth, checked herself in the mirror, then left, hoping nobody had seen her go in, or come out.

As she checked the time again, she squeaked in shock, and began fast-walking. She had to get to class, her parents weren't paying all that money so she could skip with some wannabes.

Jess reached into her bag, pulled out her schedule, and skimmed over it.

Culinary Arts III- Mrs. Pointer
AP Chemistry- Mr. Young
12th Grade English- Mrs. Craft
Lunch
Calculus Honors- Mr. Burge
AP U.S. History- Mrs. Ghould

Jess sighed, and began to find her way to the familiar class. Mrs. Pointer liked her, so hopefully, she wouldn't count her as late.

As Jessie turned the corner, she pinched the bridge of her nose, and sucked in a breath. Today probably wasn't going to be a great day. Unless a miracle happened. Or, better yet, unless he talked to her. The guy she'd had a crush on since Freshman year. The guy that Queen Skank-no, no. New year, no enemies. Even though Quee-Isabelle got around with a lot of people, didn't mean they had to have bad blood.

But then again, Isabelle ruined her chances with the one guy she wanted. The one guy that she actually liked. There was no possible way they could be friends, they were too different. Actually, Isabe-

Jess was snapped out of her thoughts as a sharp, fake nasally voice said, almost sounding sarcastic, "You're late, Mrs. Gates."

Jessie blinked, then smiled a bit, "Good to see you too, Mrs. Pointer!"

The older woman grinned, and pulled the girl into a big hug, "How's the parents, Jess?"

Jessie beamed, and pulled away, "They're great, actually. Mom flew out to Paris yesterday for another fashion show, and I think Dad's still in Japan. He's so close to becoming the CEO of one of their largest companies."

Mrs. Pointer chuckled, and turned around motioning Jess to follow her into the room. Without hesitation, Jess fell into step with her teacher, as a class full of students sat, chatting.

There were a few people she knew from the year before, some new, and some that were remotely familiar, though she couldn't quite remember.

Culinary Arts had always been her favorite class, because she got to cook, and cooking was her thing. Without saying anything else to her teacher, or without being told anything, Jess went to her seat that she'd had since her Freshman year. A girl sat next to her, though Jess forgot her name. She was pretty, probably well-known, if not popular.

With a smile, she directed her attention back up to her teacher, and thanked the gods that school was back.
Last edited by Ciblio on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:37 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle Lee

I woke up at 6:30 ready for the start of my new year at school. I knew I had made a lot of enemies since I first was in middle school. It was just I had a lot of changes in my life and no one would ever understand my life story. I got up and looked into my full body mirror, I noticed my shoulder had a bruise on it from last nights fight.

Sighing, I reached for my powder bag to bring into my bathroom with me. I just needed a hot shower before I got ready for school.

I slipped my clothes off and turned on the faucets before getting in. It felt great just letting the water run down my body. I sighed as I washed with my loupa.

Once I got out I grabbed my towel from the shower door, I was ready for my long process of getting on my clothes.

First I began brushing some powder to cover up the bruise on my shoulder and then I looked in my closet for the clothes I had picked out yesterday for today. I put my skirt on first, then my bra, and cute shirt.

I always found ways to make our uniforms look cute but enough to get away with at school.
------------
My dad was still sleeping once I left so I ran to get the keys off the counter and out the door with my purse in hand. I was happy to get in my car.

When I got to school I was greeted by two of my friends, Sophie and Anne. "Hey." I say to them and they both smiled. "I need to go to the bathroom, see y'all in class." I tell them and they nod before walking off together.

I got to the bathroom and sat in the stall, I already was nervous about today. Not even two minutes later I heard someone rush to the bathroom and puke. I looked down at the shoes they were wearing and I knew it was Jessie Gates, my arch nemesis. Well, not that she had a real reason to hate me so much.

I decided it was best not to say anything and I waited until she gone to get out of the stall and peer into the mirror. I felt ugly.

I pulled out my schedule and realized that my first class was a Culinary class, with Mrs. Pointer, I sighed and sort of smiled. Jessie would be there and I knew she would despise of this.

I walked to the classroom so I wouldn't be late. Jessie wasn't there yet so I knew she would be late. Quickly I sat at the very back corner, once she saw me, she probably would have a mini heart attack.

Five minutes after the bell, she had finally entered as she was talking to the teacher, she hadn't noticed me yet, but she would soon.

I saw her turn her head my way and her eyes widened when she saw me, then her anger appeared, it was funny and I pretended as though I didn't see her.

"I need to go the bathroom." I tell the teacher. She gives me a pass and quickly I leave. Once in the hall I smiled, it was Collin Maye who peeked my interest.
"Hey, you're Collin right?" I asked him as I bit my lower lip. He stopped mid walk and nodded. "You're cute." I tell him and smile before walking off.

"What's your name?" he yelled to me.

"Isabelle." I say as I walked backwards and turned back around, I twirled my hair in my finger and went to the bathroom. He was so hot. I instantly thought bad thoughts.
Class was done for me today, I sat by the bathrooms outside and just stared at the ground.

Then I had the urge to just grab my notebook and write a little bit. Yeah, it was wrong to skip class, but, I was the wrong type of girl, so it didn't matter. I smiled to myself as I began to write about the first person that came to mind.
Last edited by NicoleBri on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

67 Reviews

Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:14 pm
Ciblio says...

Collin

It wasn't really the fact that this was his first day of his second year at a private school, but the fact that his parents were actually paying for it again. All that money. They could buy more thread, or a few more sewing machines. God knows they need them, since one broke a few days ago. But, they insisted he go. They forced him to get up this morning. And for a little while, he believed they were doing this for themselves...but, it was for him.

Collin had made a special outfit for his first day, one he'd been wanting to make for awhile, but never thought he'd be able to do it. But, he pulled it off.

He wore his usual fedora, with a hand-made navy blue scarf, skinny jeans that were half white, half sky blue, and a button-up plaid shirt, that consisted of a white patched pocket on his chest, and the rest of the shirt a dark red, and to his shock, a new pair of bright red sneakers that his parents ordered for him.

Collin clutched his tan messenger bag to his side, and avoided making eye contact with anyone. This was the scariest thing he'd ever had to do.

After a few minutes of wandering around, he noticed that he was in an empty hallway. Did the bell ring?

No, no. He couldn't be late for his first day of school. Before he could do or say anything, a girl, a familiar one, stared over at him, as she made her way closer, her eyes devious, and a smile pulled up on her lips. Was she smiling at him?

"You're Collin...right?" She asked, as she bit her lip. Collin refrained from arching a brow and asking what was wrong with her.

He instead stopped, and nodded, keeping a blank expression.

"You're cute." She simply states, before smiling again, and sauntering off.

She was so familiar, though...Collin couldn't quite remember her name. Annabelle? No, no. Without thinking, he turned toward her, and called, "What's your name?"

She turned around, and as she walked backwards, and twirled a piece of hair between her fingers, she replied with, "Isabelle."

He stared off at her, as she got farther away, and finally, disappeared out of sight.

With a sigh, and a shake of his head, Collin pulled his schedule out of his bag, and carefully looked through his classes;

Business Essentials- Mr. Cobb
Art & Design- Ms. Martin
Band- Mr. Smith
Zoology II (He did go to school from 5th-9th, though he had to do summer school to make up for the years and/or months he missed, and he even skipped up a few math levels, since it was another subject he was good at)- Mr. Jackson
Trigonometry- Mrs. Napier

The boy sighed, and stuffed the paper back in his bag. It was going to take forever to find his class, since he wasn't in the one from the year before. Nope, new year, new teacher, new class. Perfect.

Up ahead, a few people stood around, talking. They stood by a door, which confused Collin. Why weren't they in the class?

He got a bit closer, and immediately recognized them. Friends of his.

What a weird word..'friends'. That's what they are, right? Friends?

As Collin got closer, and closer, then finally reached them, they turned his way.

He'd heard the guy, ah, what was his name..? Paul, right? Collin heard a, "No fucking way man..." from the guy, and grinned.

Were they happy to see him?

"You don't need to tell me twice."

Dafnie beamed, and pulled Collin into a hug.

"Oh, hey, listen. I don't know where my class is, so I was wondering if one one of you could maybe help me? I hate asking for help, but I'm going to be really late if I don't get there in the next," He paused, glanced at his watch, then quickly added, "3 1/2 minutes."

The two of them laughed, and Paul nodded, "We're supposed to stay with these girls since we're mentoring for the week, but I can take you real quick."

Collin grinned again, and tipped his fedora, "Thanks! I have Mr. Cobb. I'm pretty sure he's a new teacher."

"Cobb? He's just around the hall, doofus." Paul laughed.

Just around the hall? Ugh, being lost sucks. Collin nodded, and followed the guy. After just a few seconds, they were standing in front of a big, wooden door, with the letters, "C-O-B-B" spaced out.

Collin laughed at himself, not sure how he overlooked this. "Thanks again, Paul. It was great seeing you!"

Paul waved, and smiled. "Great seeing you too. I'll talk to Dafnie and see if she's cool with getting lunch together. Then we can catch up, alright?"

Collin nodded, and waved, before opening the door to his class, and walking in.

All process stopped,

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:25 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz
Spoiler! :
@Gravity I included Collete into the post. @shinethroughthedark I included Collin and Jessie.

Mr. Cobb. Really. Out of all of the teachers I could have had this year, I get the new guy who has no idea what hes 's gotten himself into.

I sighed inwardly and started to doodle on my notebook. I was quite the artist, so I was told. Some girls liked to peek at what I was drawing and they always said, "Wow, you're quite the artist.". Whatever.

My mind was not focusing on what he was discussing, hell, I didn't even know what class this was. It was the first day, all we'd get is told what to expect, what they expect, and how happy they are to have you in their class. I was ready to graduate, get me out of here.

Looking up for a moment, I see the someone walk through the door. Ah, it's just Collin. Behind him I spot that kid, Paul. He hangs with those preppy kids (we are all preppy but he is just so preppy it beats our preppy), but they suddenly know what being a rebel is and took advantage of it. What I am saying is that his group knows they are the shit.

Other than that one girl, Dafnie. I have absolutely no idea why she hangs with him. Supposedly they've been best friends since forever. Or, whatever.

Collin smiled to the teacher and then sat just in front of me, I was in the second row of desks. At least I was covered now, continue doodling.

"Collin, it's good to have you finally join us." Mr. Cobb said.

Okay, he wasn't even that late, like five minutes tops.

I shook my head and spotted a girl next to me, she had on these Zoey Deschanel glasses and her hair was in a ponytail. I couldn't help but not stare at her for a moment longer before she turned her head and felt my stare. I turned back to my notebook, pulling myself together.

She was that French girl, Collete? Yeah. I always thought she was pretty. I think we had a thing at a party once, it was probably even at my house. Or maybe that wasn't even her. Doesn't matter.

Collete intrigued me and I am sure she knew.

She's just one of those girls a guy like me never gets.

The bell finally rang. We all jumped out of our spots and busted through the door and into the hall. I looked for my schedule, finding out where I was to go next.

Homeroom - Mr. Cobb (YAY)
Buisness Essentials - Mr. Cobb (THE TORTURE)
Entrepreneurship - Mr. Harris
Lunch
Gym III - Mrs. Tomson
French - Mrs. Lacope
Archery - Mr. Grant

I took some classes for fun because honestly, planning out my future was not something I did. I did things for fun, isn't that the whole point in life?

I walked through the crowded halls, finding my way to my next class. Fuck, I should just skip the whole day, what was the point of staying here and doing nothing? Looking for my locker, I found my row just down the second hall. A few of my friends hung around it, I suppose waiting for me.

"Rup! What's your next class?" one of them said, his name was Phillip, we called him Phil and he hated that.

"Entrepreneurship," I sighed, opening my locker with my key.

The lockers they used were brand new, unlike the building. the last ones we had all broke, it was about time they fixed them up. And what I mean by fixing is removing and adding new ones. i can finally be sure my stuff is safe. The new kids will never know how it feels to have to deal with kicking the locker open. I will slightly miss that.

"But I was thinking of skipping." I admitted.

Phil ran his hands through his jet black hair and sighed. That's when I noticed a girl standing next to him. I could say that I have never met her before, but she looked familiar. It was the blonde locks that made me think.

"Oh, right..." Phil smirked, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "This is Jessie Gates, you know her? No?"

I smiled at her and she smiled back. yeah I knew her, Ms. Preppy-I-Have-A-House-And-I-Am-A-Spoiled-Brat. Well, we pretty much all were, but she really liked to be out and about with it, just like Phil. I am not surprised they paired up.

"Yup, if you don't remember me the name is..." and she cut me off, cause she could. She has the higher power here, obviously.

My sarcasm sounds better out loud.

"Rupert,"

"Yeah," I nodded slowly, feeling my stomach churn.

We locked eyes for a moment, that's when I noticed how blue her eyes really were and that scared me.

"Let's skip then, where do you wanna go?" she said, catching me off guard.

Okay, Prep here wants to skip? I guess my face showed how both confused and surprised I was because she started to giggle. Phil joined her and I just shut my locker, waiting for the laughter to subside.

"I am planning on just going home." I said.

"Why don't we go to my house, I am alone and I have a hot tub."

That's all it took for us to dip.
Last edited by Nike on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

267 Reviews

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:06 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

Spoiler! :
@Avalon I am gonna get Dafnie to interact with Danny.

After we left the girls for the day, I found my way to the back of the school. This is something Paul doesn't know about me. I smoke. He didn't approve the last time I told him about it, but I cannot stop.

I pulled out the pack from the very bottom of my bag and leaned against the stone wall. I placed the cigarette between my teeth and lit it up with my favorite pink lighter. The smoke danced in front of my face and I shut my eyes, enjoying the rush it gave me.

"Can I have a drag?" a male voice surprised me, causing me to jump. For a split second, I was afraid it'd be Paul, being very disappointed in me.

With my eyes still shut, I took in a deep breath and started apologizing.

"Look, I'm sorry. This is the one thing I do, the one bad thing I do. Let me have it. Okay? I know you told me I shouldn't, because of cancer and whatever, but I like it. I escape in the smoke. I know, metaphorical... Just please don't hate me, you're my best friend and I love you and I want you to accept this. I plan on stopping, I know that maybe that's a lie, but believe it for now, please." and that's when I opened my eyes to see if he was even still there.

It wasn't Paul.

I felt my cheeks heat up. This guy that stood in front of me, hot damn. He had on a confused face, but it settled into a quirky smile, almost looked like he was about to laugh. How embarrassing. He just wanted to smoke and I did that. I should have opened my eyes. I was suddenly wary of the fact that I did not tend to my hair today and it looked lame, for sure. Because compared to him amazing hair, I looked ridiculous. he had these bangs that reminded me of stoners. And I don't know why it was appealing since I never thought it was.

But on him I think insects are appealing. It he were to wear insects.

I'm so weird.

"You could have just said 'No, get your own damn smoke.', which I do have..." he paused. "I just wanted a drag from yours."

I really liked his voice, it made goosebumps crawl on my skin.

"Sorry," I smiled, ducking my head a bit and looking at the ground. I took in another drag and then looked back up. Why was he still here? "I thought you were Paul, that's all."

Everyone knew Paul, it'd be hard not to. He likes to have everyone know him.

"The boyfriend, ah, makes sense why you were apologizing."

I liked his eyebrows too. I lifted my own in surprise to what he said.

"He's not 'the boyfriend', no way." I laughed.

"Oh?" he questioned.

"We're just really good friends."

I flicked the cigarette and watched the ashes hit the ground. Another drag. He slipped his hands into his baggy jeans and sorta leaned, as if there was a wall supporting him. It looked sort of cool.

He pulled out a pack from his pocket, pulling out one of the cigarettes. He slipped it between his lips then nodded at me. Guess he had no light. I took out my lighter and took the step closer to him, feeling my body shake. Why was I shaking. I leaned in and flicked on the lighter, setting on the cigarette. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time and I was afraid I was sweating. He dragged on it as I pulled away.

Finishing my cig, I dropped the butt onto the cement and crushed it with my foot.

"Pretty girls don't smoke." he said out of nowhere.

Our eyes met and I huffed. "Guess I'm not pretty."

He smirked. "Sexy girls do,"

Well fuck, that was smooth. He knew what he was doing.

"I'm Danny, you?"

I smiled, pulling my back pack from the ground and onto my shoulder. This was no time for introductions, he wanted to fuck and I didn't need a fuck buddy right now. I didn't need anyone right now really.

With a nod, I turned on my heel and started walking the opposite direction, towards the parking lot.

"Seriously?" he barked.

I turned around for a moment. "I'm good man, really." I yelled back.

I could tell what I said made him confused. Because he didn't know I knew what he was doing.

"You're hot Danny, I'll give you that. But that's all." I added, and then he smiled, finally getting it.

"I would fuck you, but I want to be friends." he said.

"Bull," I replied. "You want to be friends in hopes I would fuck you."

He was standing by the back entry of the school and we should have been more careful because as I said this, someone walked through it. The blonde hair and the smart clothes gave it away.

"Hey, Danny." Paul smirked, then turned towards me. My heart couldn't stop racing. "What are you doing here Dafnie?"

"What are you doing here..." Fuck, he said my name.

"That's a nice name, Dafnie." Danny smirked, ridiculous.

Paul rose an eyebrow and looked from him to me. I just shrugged my shoulders. "This is a quick way to the parking lot." I said.

"I'm hanging with Dan." Paul said, "You should join us."

"Nah, I'm good."

I looked over at Danny and could tell that he was holding in his laughter. I glared at him and then smiled.

"On the other hand, why not."

67 Reviews

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:43 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie

"Rup! What's your next class?" Phillip called to him as he walked up.

Jess' heart rate increased, and her breathing quickened. He was coming over here. Oh god, oh god..get a hold of yourself, Jessie!

Rupert was silent for a monent, but as he opened his locker, he huffed out, "Entrepreneurship,"

"But I was thinking of skipping." He added after a second.

It didn't seem as if he noticed her, though. They'd known each other since...elementary, right? Yeah.

Phil lifted an arm up, and drug his hand through his thick, black hair, sighing. Jessie's breath caught in her throat as she noticed Rupert look at her for the first time since he'd arrived.

His eyes lingered on her, and she guessed that Phillip finally noticed.

"Oh, right..." He smirked, and slid an arm around her shoulders, "This is Jessie Gates, you know her? No?"

Jessie instantly wished he's take remove his arm, but she didn't say anything. Phil was cool, and handsome, but he wasn't Rupert. He wasn't even close to Rupert.

He smiled at me, that magnificently adorable smile that so amazingly made her feel 3000 times better. She beamed back without hesitation, and noticed as realization crossed his face, as if he finally remembered her. Did he remember her?

"Yup, if you don't remember me the name is..." He started, but she already knew, and made it a point to declare that she knew.

"Rupert," Jess blurts out, and immediately refrains from slapping ehr hands over her mouth.

"Yeah," Rupert nodded slowly, and there was this expression on his face that just...no.

Jess made eye contact with him, and literally couldn't look away from his piercing eyes. He looked as if he were...observing her, maybe? Jess wasn't all good at reading expressions, obviously.

"Let's skip then, where do you wanna go?" Jess beams, hoping, wondering if this would catch his attention. She was trying to get him to like her.

A look of confusion spread across his face, and she caught it. Jess couldn't help but giggle, and after a few seconds, Phil joined her.

"I am planning on just going home." He stated, but no, no she could change that.

Without even giving it another thought, she offers in a calm voice, "Why don't we just go to my house? I'm alone, and I have a hot tub."

Once she'd said the last parts, faces lit up, and she knew their answer. But, the only thing she could think of was, "Rupert freaking Franz is going to be at my house. Did I clean up? Oh GOD, I bet the house is a mess."

~~~~

They followed her to the house, and pulled up in the large driveway that surrounded the front yard. She grinned to herself, still psyched about having her crush over. Well, her crush and some other people that she didn't really care for at the moment.

It took all the power she had over he mind, and body, not to just push Phillip away from her and jump on Rupert.

There were two girls, one of them her friend, , and about three guys, Phillip, Rupert, and some other dude that she'd forgotten the name of, also.

"I have some bathing suits, for the girls. And I also bought a few pairs of swimming trunks last week, for the guys that wanna swim. Kay?" She smiles, as she pulls her key out of her bag, and unlocks her front door.

Valerie stalked in, and tossed her bag down, before throwing herself on one of the plush, rich couches, and sighing in relief, "Jess, I'm not getting back up. I'm telling you. I'm seriously not capable of doing it."

Jessie laughed sweetly, before going into the hall, and digging through a large dresser that was placed against the wall. She pulled out three bikinis, a dark red one, a teal one, and her favorite, a rose printed one. After setting those three on the ground next to her, she dug through another drawer, and pulled out three pair of swimming trunks, a white pair, a lime green pair, and a hot pink pair. She giggled to herself, as she pictured one of the boys wearing hot pink shorts.

Jess closed the drawers, gathered up the swimming outfits in her arms, and went back into the living room, where she found everyone sitting either on her couch, the two brown leather chairs, or the ground.

"Alright, I found some! Guys, you can change in the guest room or bathroom, both are down the hall, and to the right. Girls, I guess you can just come in my room." Jess said, as she tossed the swim trunks towards Phillip, who caught them.

Valerie groaned, but pulled herself up off of the couch, and, along with the other girl, followed Jess into her room.

Jessie shut the door behind them, and beamed, "Here, Val! I pick the red one out for you. It'll compliment your skin tone." She said with a smile, as she tossed the red bikini to Valerie.

"Oh, and here, I got this one for you!" She grinned, handing the teal one to the other girl. "By the way, what's your name again? I'm bad a remembering."

The girl smirked, and took the bathing suit, "Jasmine."

"Oh, right!" Jess laughed, "I remember now."

Jasmine nodded, and proceeded to strip off her clothes. Jess waited until she got to her large walk-in closet, before she walked in it, closed the door, and stripped off her clothes. Jess slipped on the bottom, then the top, and tied the strings together.

Once she finished, she left the closet, and smiled at the two other girls in her room. "Ready?"

"Hold on- I can't get this tied," Valerie mumbles, as her arms hovered behind her neck, and her fingers fumbled with the red strings.

Jessie giggled, and skipped over to her friend. Valerie's hands dropped to her sides, and she sighed as Jess tied the strings together in a cute little bow.

The other girl had already tied hers, and was waiting by the door.

"Alright, c'mon," Jess mutters, motioning them to follow her, as she opens her bedroom door and leaves.

The guys were waiting in the living room, though one of them was fuming. Phillip was the one who was stuck with the hot pink swim trunks, and his face was red with anger. Though, once his eyes landed on her, he forced himself to calm down, and, even though his face was still red, he tried on a smirk. It didn't work well with the tomato face.

Jessie stifled a laugh, and headed towards the slider door, "Well, come on, people.."

She heard a few chuckles, maybe a laugh, somebody saying something, but everything was drowned out as she ran across the wide deck, and dove into the water, making a big splash.

Jess came back up, and as she did, the others jumped in, laughing.

"I thought you said you had a hot tub!" Jasmine whined, but she still got in.

"I do! This is a pool, and a hot tub." Jess explained with a laugh.

"Well, make it a hot tub, then, magic girl! That's what I came here for, anyways." Rupert says, causing her face to heat up. He hadn't ever really...talked directly to her for years.

But, with another smile, she pulled herself up, and reached forward, until her fingers touched a cold, metal button. She pressed it, and felt as bubble began to rise, and a mixture of cold and warm water clouded around the teens' bodies. Jess smiled to herself at the warmth, and made eye contact with Rupert. He had those types of orbs that made you want to look into him.

Jess wanted to melt in his arms, kiss him, be with him. But, there was just that one thing holding her back: his feelings.

She could tell what he thought of her. Snotty, rich, preppy girl. Yeah. She knew that because that's what everyone thinks of her. Well, except for Valerie, and a few others. Nobody else knew that she hated preps, disliked it when people were rude, but knew she was rich. Er, her parents were rich.

But other people saw her as...the annoyingly preppy girl who thought she was better than everybody else. No, no. Everybody was equal. She wasn't better than anybody.

Why did people think that? All she'd ever wanted was for people to like her. All she ever wanted was for Rupert to like her. Was that too much to ask?

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 am
Gravity says...

Cole Roux
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
My alarm clock screams at me to get up. Once I roll out of bed and my feet touch the carpeted floor, I smile. My house in France always had squeaky hardwood floors that chilled my feet to the bone in the mornings.

Once I shower and put on my freshly ironed blouse, skirt and cardigan, I know it's time to choose my shoes and do my hair. According to American movies, this will make or break my status at school.

Then I throw that idea out the window. I need to be comfortable. So I slip on a pair of teeny tiny black shorts under my skirt that won't be visible to anyone else. I hate skirts. Then, I pull on my favorite pair of simple black flats. Next comes the hair. A simple ponytail does the trick and it compliments my glasses which I promptly adjust on my nose.

I'm ready.

My host parents drive me, their daughter is currently staying at my house in France. And getting out of the car, I check out my schedule one last time.

Homeroom- Mr. Cobb
Art I-Mr. Malady
Chorus-Mrs. Hall
Lunch
AP Calculus- Mr. Marsden
French- Mrs. Lacope
AP English- Mrs. Alabaster

Heading to homeroom, my knees are shaking. I'm momentarily afraid it's my blood sugar. Do I need a snack? But then I remembered the weird breakfast my host parents made me. Eggs and bacon. Why would I eat dinner food for breakfast? It took me a little bit to remember that here in the states, eggs are for breakfast.

Sitting in homeroom, I feel a boy's eyes on me. I let him stare for a second before turning to look at him. His black hair is messily arranged. He's quite attractive and I feel a light blush on my cheeks as I turn back to face the front. I wish I'd let my hair down today to shield my face from prying eyes.

When I go to art class, Malady looks at my schedule. He laughs at the fact I have French. I honestly don't understand why they put me in that class either, but it should be a breeze.

This is the class I've been waiting for. And Mr. Malady gets right down to business. He has us working with graphite pencils which excites me, as it is my preferred medium. He has us sketch various paint bottles and apples arranged in a still life. The room is arranged with tables that seat six all around the room. I don't know anybody, so I sit at the empty back counter, happily sketching away. All too soon, the bell rings.

The next class is chorus. The strict, uppity chorus teacher gives us our music and outlines that we are not to talk while other sections are learning their part, we are more talented than the band kids, and if we don't keep our backs straight than we will sound horrible. And we must, no matter what, breathe from our diaphragms. Whatever that is.

And then lunch rolls around. When I say 'thank you' to the lady at the register, I realize how hoarse my voice is. I haven't said a word to anyone all day. Not even my host parents. Plopping down at a table with my vaguely recognizable meatloaf, I search the room for the beautiful boy in homeroom. He's nowhere to be found and despite his obvious slacker reputation, I'm disappointed. He's the closest anyone has come to talking to me all day. Why, oh why didn't he say hello? Bonjour? SOMETHING?

PS. This was written rather hastily, so please don't judge me for the bad writing. And can we PLEASE establish a DT where we can post our schedules and ask eachother if interaction is okay?

Spoiler! :
@Nike, some interaction. SOME
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:56 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

The alarm clock rang on Hugo's bedside table, and he sat bolt upright. Today was a big day.
O.k, new school. No big deal. Loads of people go to new schools.
O.k. so I'm joining in a year above the school starting age. No big deal.
Right, so I've moved from England and am going to a school about which I haven't the faintest idea wearing a tailcoat and opera hat. Not so common methinks.
Deep breaths.
Hugo clambered of his bed, and began dressing. He was pretty much prepared for whatever type of school it turned out to be. If it was accepting, he should fit in o.k. If it was nice and eccentric, he'd fit in perfectly. And if it was rough, he could always box. Learning to fight was pretty much a necessity of wearing a monocle, and bullies tended to leave one alone after they came out of hospital.
Hugo looked at himself in the mirror, smiled. He was wearing his casual waistcoat, a pale grey with scarlet silk back, and the sign of the Deathly Hallows self embroidered into the top left pocket. His tie was scarlet to match the waistcoat, and his cufflinks were small TARDISes. He was wearing his tailcoat, the front half of which was covered in hundreds of lapel badges. He had been told to take it easy on his first day, not do anything too abnormal. But he'd decided against that. He didn't want to make friends on false pretenses.
Taking a run up, Hugo slid down the banisters to the ground floor. (It's called the first floor here, Hugo reminded himself.) This would not be difficult, had his mum not insisted on a spiral staircase. As it was Hugo was well practiced from their house in England.
Hugo made his breakfast, and after deliberation made himself a packed lunch. No idea what the school dinners would be like.
Leaving the house, Hugo locked the door behind himself, and headed to the bus stop, faintly amused with all the cars driving on the wrong side of the road. When the bus came Hugo showed the driver his pass, and embarked. The drive was short, but it seemed to Hugo that the entirety of the area was designed with the sole intention of disadvantaging the walker. The ride was uneventful.
Finally, he got out in a stream of other kids. The whole school was full of talk, laughter, a veritable headache of noise. He saw a couple of kids pointing at him, but that was nothing strange. He took out his timetable.
Homeroom-Mr Cobb
Art and design-Mr. Gunning
Advanced psychology-Mrs. Apple
Further art-Mr Gunning
(Again! Hugo thought.)
Lunch
Band-Mr. Samuels
Archery-Mr. Grant

Seemed like a pretty good timetable. He looked at band, and remembered the telephone call his mother had made with the music department to get a C-C sharp English chromatic melodian. Any other school would have made that impossible. But here, with the termly fees, they have a well funded music department.
Here goes.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

267 Reviews

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:00 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

God. Jessie was an angel. She gave us a great spot, a hot tub. This is what I needed after all this school shit. And, well, I was starting to forget she was a girl I didn't like. She was smiling at me, her pink lips seemed inviting.

I looked over at Philip and saw him wrap his arm around she, she shrugged him off, wary of the fact I was looking.

Spoiler! :
Don't hate me @shinethoughthedark he is gonna have to take time to start liking her like really liking her. Okay?

I licked my lips and pulled myself out of the pool. It was time to take a break and maybe even get her number somehow. Philip followed after, I could hear the loud, wet, steps he was taking. Jessie has put some alcohol out on the table that was just on the porch, I went up to it.

Philip pulled out a beer from the cooler that was on the ground.

"Hey, 'bout Jess..." I started, catching his attention. "you seeing her or somethin'?"

A smirk grew on his face as he opened the beer. "Nah, I'm tryin' but she's real hard man, you want a go?"

As he drank, I nodded. "Just give me her number, I'll call her. She's just, man, she's got a bod-." he didn't let me finish.

"Yeah man, I know. If you get her, I'll be jealous!"

I laughed and took out a beer for myself. I opened it, hearing the gas fizz out.

"Hey, it'll be a one time thing." I smiled, drinking the beer.

He nodded. "I'm sure she'll like it."

I just shook my head and watched him head back. I caught sight of Jessie, she had her eyes on me. Score. She would be easy. I smirked at her and a red blush started to flood her cheeks. I placed the beer back down on the table and walked inside the house, she had to know I wanted her to follow.

The doors whooshed open as I pushed them and I found myself in the kitchen. It was huge, incredible. Something like mine, but better. Her parents had amazing taste. Mine dealt with the old fashioned while hers was all modern and white. I liked it.

I turned my head and saw Jessie standing just at the doors, watching me warily. Good girl. I won't have to call her.

"Hey," I said, meeting her eyes.

It took her a moment to reply, her eyes were wide. "Hey." it was breathless.

"Nice house," I pointed around myself. "Nice pool," I added on.

"Thanks," she smiled, looking away for a moment and then met my eyes again.

"Can I see your room?" I asked, pulling on a wide smile.

Somehow seeing her smile made my body all hot and tingly. I had no idea what was happening, but the way she looked at me really made my heart stop.

"That's real quick of you," she laughed.

"Oh, come on." I said. "You know me, you can trust me."

And somehow, that led her to shake her head and walk past me, leading me towards the front room which had this grand staircase. It was wooden, and simple. As she walked up, you could make up each step by the way her feet made the light tap noise which each movement. With a smile, I followed after and we wound up in her room.

It was big, almost as big as mine but not so much. And somehow, this was not what I imagined her room to be.

For her image, a snobby rich bitch, she didn't seem like that in here.

"Well, this is not what I expected." I admitted.

"Well, you asked, and you shall receive." She smiled, turning to look at me.

"So if I asked to kiss you...?"

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same.
— Kurt Cobain