z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:27 pm
Gravity says...

Colette

I woke the next morning to find I was soaked in sweat and the covers were wrapped around me. Sunlight streamed into the room through the windows of the door leading outside and I could see through the shades into the garden. I knew I'd had nightmares but I couldn't remember them and for that, I was glad.

I untangled myself from the covers and put my hair up, walking to the bathroom. I took a short shower, not even getting my hair wet as I'd bathed the night before. I just didn't want to stink of sweat.

I pulled jeans out with a tank top and a cardigan. It was high time I put on some real clothes. But, looking at the oufit, I realized it would probably be really loose on me. I walked upstairs to Rupert's bedroom and knocked on the door.

He opened it in seconds, rubbing his eyes and frantically tried to smooth his mussed hair. I took a step back automatically, even hearing the sound of him breathe was difficult for me. It reminded me of the events the day before.

I held up the outfit. "My clothes aren't going to fit. Could I use your dryer? My host Mom insisted on getting me super expensive clothes and I know these fabrics will most likely shrink permanently." He nodded and took them from me, stumbling down the stairs and to the laundry room. He threw them in the dryer for about 15 minutes then went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Am I going to school today?" he asked me, pouring himself a bowl of cereal. "Oh, and what would you like to eat?"

"Cereal is fine," I said, "And that's up to you. We're already an hour late."

"Well," he said, his voice still groggy. "You need to go so they know you're okay. The police can't tell them what happened but if they come to school and need to talk to you about what happened and you're not there... Well, nobody knows where you are. Your host Mom doesn't even know. So we have to get you there." He made sense. "Now, if you don't want me there, I won't go."

"I want you there." I said. He gave me a half smile, taking a bite of cereal as I poured myself a bowl.

"Crap," he said, "I should've done that. I'm sorry, I'm just tired."

"It's okay," I said, "I'm a rape victim, not an invalid." I paused, feeling my throat squeeze up. I'd never said it just like that. Rape victim. Not unless I was telling somebody else.

We ate in silence and Rupert took our bowls to the sink. He grabbed some nuts from the pantry.

"You need to eat," he said, looking at my thin figure.

"Why nuts?" I asked.

"They have necessary oils and fats that will help you gain weight. My parents used to fund these charity missiont trips to Africa and nut products were gold because they helped the people there gain weight."

I nodded and took a handful and he walked over to the dryer which had just beeped. He took out my clothes and handed them to me. The were warm and smelled like him. I imagine that was because of the dryer sheet he'd thrown in.

I grabbed another handful of nuts before taking the clothes upstairs and changing. Even though they had shrunk in the dryer, they were still a little loose on me but nobody else would notice. I wore a belt with the jeans and at least they fit me snugly in the thighs and calves. Not quite as tight as skinny jeans should fit, but they still looked okay. Then I put on the tank top and cardigan. I looked really thin. There was no denying that, but at least I wasn't wearing baggy clothes that swallowed me.

I plugged my straightener into the wall and took out some makeup. I felt vain for thinking of my appearance but I was hoping the saying "if you look good, you'll feel good" would apply to me. I put on foundation to hide the gray pallor of my skin and some concealer to hide the bags under my eyes. I added a tiny bit of blush just to give my face some color along with lipgloss. Finally, some mascara. Just because. By then my straightener was well heated and I could hear Rupert going up the stairs to get dressed.

I ran the straightener through my hair. I naturally had thinner hair so it didn't take too long though I was in desperate need of a hair cut. I kept running my brush through, hoping to get it a little more sleek than it was. After I turned the straightener off I felt better. I decided not to let him have power over me. He couldn't control my life. He couldn't make me weak.

I kept telling myself this as I put on my flats and grabbed my bookbag before I walked with my crutches to meet Rupert by the front door. I hated the crutches, they were just another reminder to me that I was weak and he was stronger than I. But I tried to shut those thoughts out, refusing to let myself cower.

"You look a lot better," Rupert said, opening the door for me so we could go to his car.

"Thank you," I said, turning away from him to look out the window. Being close to him was difficult for me. I could tell he wanted to reach out and touch me. Pat my arm, something. But he didn't. He put the car into gear and drove to school.

When we checked in at the front office a few police officers walked in.

"We need to see Colette Roux," he said.

"That's me," I spoke up and Rupert waited beside me.

"And he is?" The officer gestured at Rupert.

"Rupert honey," One of the office ladies said, "You need to go back to class."

"Do you need me?" he asked. I looked at the male officers. They made me nervous and I cowared, wrapping my arms around myself. I felt very vulnerable.

"I'd feel better talking to female police officers if that's okay," I said, "Either that or I'd like a lawyer present."

"I can radio officer Brown," he said, "She's worked with situations like this. I'm afraid we can't spare any more of our female officers. Is that okay?" I nodded.

"Can Rupert wait with me? I've been staying with him since..." The officer looked at the office lady who'd spoken to Rupert. She nodded.

"I'll email his teachers." she said. I think she understood I'd been through an ordeal, some kind of abuse. And I think she definitely suspected what had happened. But she didn't say anything.

I waited with Rupert until the female officer came and the two male officers stood up.

"I need to do this alone," I said, looking at Rupert apologetically. He nodded and left as the police officers took me back to a conference room.

"You understand you are entitled to having a lawyer or a host parent present, right? Even though you have not committed a crime?" Officer Brown looked at me, her warm brown eyes were kind as she waited for an answer.

"Yes, I understand."

"Okay," she said, "We need to confirm a few things about what happened the first time. And yesterday."

I nodded and they began. I immediately regretted wearing makeup as I started to cry after the second or third question. They made me identify a photo of Dave to confirm it was in fact, him who raped me. They asked about what happened the first night and what happened yesterday along with anybody who knew. I told them the truth, though they would end up speaking with Hawthorne and Rupert as well later on.

"Do you have anything else other than the rape kit that could help us with this investigation?"Officer Brown asked, finally.

"No," I said. And then I remembered my phone. I'd forgotten all about it in the chaos. I'd recorded him...

"Wait," I said, and the officers sat back down. "I have a recording from yesterday afternoon. The whole thing it's..." I handed over my phone.

"Could one of you guys send it to yourself or something? I don't want to hear it." My voice broke then and I started crying even more.

The officer plugged my phone into a computer via a USB cord and saved it on a flash drive.

"Thank you for your time," Officer Brown said, handing me her card. "I'll be in touch, this is my personal number if you need anything. You have a place to stay, right?" I nodded.

"Your host father will be detained until we can get a hearing to set a date for the trial if you're interested in pressing charges. We need you to call your parents and they'll have to fly in from overseas to handle legal issues as far as getting a lawyer, stuff like that. After a week away from your host family, legally, you need to get your parents to sign off on a new place to stay until this can be taken care of. Okay?" she asked and I nodded. They left the room just then and I felt my chest drop into my stomach.

I really did not want to tell my parents what happened.

Spoiler! :
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:54 am
AlmondEyes says...

~Derek~

Class was boring, so I decided to skip. I don't even know why I bother coming to school. It was a waste of time. Being as rich and good looking as I am, I would be able to get by just fine. I couldn't stand being around all of these idiots. The teachers were imbeciles, and most of the girls here were nothing but sluts or too uptight. None of the guys here presented much of a problem to me. Except that asshole Merrick. People loved to kiss his ass, but I couldn't begin to understand why. Fucking prick. I couldn't stand him and his good guy attitude. I'd have to keep an eye one him. Not that I had anything to worry about. He couldn't hold a candle to me. No one could, and no one would ever be able to. I smiled at the thought.

The sudden sound of sniffling pulled my attention, and I looked around the corned i'd just taken. There was a girl, hunched over as she walked. She sounded like she was crying. More like sobbing, her shoulder shaking. I smirked, coming up behind her.

"You should really watch where you're walking," I said from directly behind her.

She jumper, turning around with a yelp. I advanced on her. "Don't you know what can happen to pretty little things like you if you don't pay attention?"

Taking an actual look at her face, she looked like she was down to the wire. Her eyes looked as if they had sunken, and she looked pale like she hadn't been out in the sun enough.

"Or what probably used to look pretty," I sneered.

"St-Stay away from me." her voice trembled.

I could practically smell the fear coming off of her, and it excited me.

"Or what?" I laugh. "What are you gonna do about it?"

She began to tremble, probably not sure what to say. She was starting to cry again. I mimicked the sounds she made, scrunching my face. Snatching her wrist, I threw her against the locker. Her chest began to heave, and her eyes popped wide. My heart was pounding in my chest as I trapped her there with my body.

"Please don't." she sobbed.

"Please don't what?" I whimpered in her pathetic sounding voice.

She didn't say anything to that. She just began hyperventilating, so I put my hand over her mouth. The wild panic in her eyes made me hard, which I knew she could feel pressing against her.

"I could do whatever I wanted to you, and you would shut up and take it. It's your fault for being stupid." I smiled at her.

Tears began streaming down her cheeks, and a distant look reached her eyes. Before I could do anything else, a hand on my shoulder turned me around, and before I could react, there was a fist in my face. I went down hard. Feeling the warmth spread over my mouth and chin, I touched my nose, which hurt like a bitch. My hand came back bloody. The nasty crunch I heard was most likely my nose breaking.

"God dammit!?" I half snarled, the sound sending pain shooting through my nose.

I looked up to see that son of a bitch Merrick standing over me.

"I don't know what you though you were doing, but I suggest you stay the fuck down." I stared me directly in the eye. "Get back up, and there's going to be a serious problem."

I Looked over to where the girl was to find she had slid down the wall to the floor. There was another person kneeling in front of her. The same girl from Prom. The one that thought she was too good to dance with me. That bitch. Just then, she turned, her eyes meeting mine. She paled, turning her attention back to the other one. I was too focused on them to notice Merrick snatch me up by the nape of my Letterman jacket.

"I suggest you get up, and walk away. Come near her again, and you won't like what happens." he promised before shoving me so hard I almost fell.

"You're lucky i'm not in the mood for this crap right now." I tried to laugh.

I turned around and took my leave. This wasn't the end. Merrick was going get his. Him and that little bitch from Prom.

Spoiler! :
Hope this was to your satisfaction @Gravity :3
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:44 am
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

Colette was beautiful. No matter how she felt, how she dressed, I always thought she was beautiful. I helped her with her clothes and breakfast and we got to school. I was hesitant in going because she was still lost.

Getting raped was something I could never imagine, and wouldn't want to. But my own girlfriend got hurt, and it wasn't fair that I couldn't protect her.

Once the police pulled her inside, I walked out, giving her space. She might need it. The hallways were empty, all the students in class. It was me and the world and I couldn't exactly do the world right now.

When Hawthorne spoke to me that one time, it all made sense. But I want her to get help as well. People shouldn't hurt people. And if they do, they should pay. That's why I am helping Cole. She deserves it. So does Hawthorne. She may have been intimidating, but once I find some evidence of brutality in her family, I will call the cops.

When did I turn into this? This good guy?

I headed down the hallway, spotting Jessie. She glowed, a smile played on her face. I couldn't stop my heart from racing. I walked over, swallowing hard.

"Jessie," I smiled.

She looked up at me, her eyes got wide. Her phone was in her hands, she must have been in the middle of a text.

"Hey Rupert," She replied.

"How's everything? I haven't seen you since... a while." I pulled the strap of my backpack.

"Yeah... it's been a lot. With Isaac and everything," she took in a breath. "It's a lot,"

"I believe you."

A soft tension settled in between us as she went back to her phone for a moment, smiling at the text she had received. I was deciding whether to stay or go.

"How are things with Adrian?"

Her eyes met mine and for a moment, we didn't speak. It was then when I realized how happy she was. Her eyes were beautiful, clear, as if nothing bothered her soul anymore. I looked away for a moment, trying to push away the strange feeling building up at the pit of my stomach.

"He's the best, honestly. I'm so happy he could be there for me. I'm so happy that he can understand where I'm coming from."

"I think that's all that matters." I smiled. "Well, I'm gonna go."

And here it was. The moment I wasn't expecting. Jessie looked away from me, catching sight of something behind us. I followed her gaze to the end of the hallway. Colette was on the floor with Merrick helping her up, Derek was a few feet away with a deadly smirk on his face.

My heart picked up pace as I felt my blood boil. Jessie gasped form behind me and I walked over, fury licking my limbs.

Colette had managed to stand up, trembling. I got over to Merrick's side, glaring at Derek. He looked sick. And I made him know it. Our eyes met, and his smirk just grew wider.

"Ohh, so you're the boyfriend!" he laughed. "Alright, alright."

"I wouldn't speak if I were you." I hissed.

He gave me these puppy dog eyes. "Oh, are you going to hurt me? I'm soo scared!"

I took a few steps closer to him, clenching my fists at my sides. Once we had only two feet between us, I stopped and stared.

He had crossed his arms over his chest and waited for me to do something.

"Rupert, the dumb little shit. What are you going to do?"

I lifted my arm and punched him square in the face, sending him flying back a foot or more. My knuckles seethed with pain. I took a deep breath as he balanced himself, holding his nose with his hand. He started to run after me, and all I did was stop him and drop his to the ground.

Thank God for Karate lessons.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:07 am
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

You'd think that we were getting quick. But we weren't. It was the trust that circled between us that made us want to be together. And I wasn't surprised in the least bit. She was beautiful and I wanted to be there with her through the whole way.

"This was the best idea... honestly."

She was next to me on the best, her smile unable to leave her face. I rolled over on top of her, straddling her waist with my legs. Her eyes met mine, leaving my heart in a flutter. I leaned into her, levaing just a few inches of air between our faces. She giggled, pulling my hair. I shook my head, trying to get her hands off of my hair. But she wouldn't budge.

"You're hot when you don't want me to touch your hair." she said inbwetween giggles.

I huffed. "You're hot, period."

Our eyes met again and I couldn't understand how just with one look my whole body burned. I leaned in closer, feeling her body pressed against mine. She started taking quicker breaths.

I let my eyes fall shut as out lips touched, sending fireworks through my head. Her hands roamed my body and mine cradled her face. I wanted more, begged for me. Biting her bottom lip, she let my tongue inside. They danced while I gripped the bottom of her shirt, planning to rip it off in a second. But then she pulled away, leaving my hungry body hopeless.

"I want this." She said, her eyes meeting mine.

I knew she wasn't done talking. She took in a few breaths, as did I. My heart was racing and I couldn't calm it down.

"But we can't... not yet."

"I know." I sighed, though I didn't get off of her.

Spoiler! :

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:41 pm
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

Being with Jules was fun. Seriously. The whole night she and I just couldn't stop talking, we would talk about all kinds of things and I felt normal around her, I had this feeling inside that I could tell her anything.

She looked so gorgeous in her halter dress and I couldn't stop staring at her, her eyes, lips, waist, the way she looked in her dress. Perfect was the only thing I could describe it.

*_*_*_*

Her lips still remained on my mind the following morning, there was a tingle sensation still. I instantly reached for my phone because the light was beeping a blue color.

Can we talk? It was Isabelle. Again. She messages me at least once a day for like two weeks now.

Iz... it's fine. I'm okay. Please.. if I want to talk I will text you. Goodbye. I replied back and threw the phone on the side of my bed. I was tired of getting heart aches all the time.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, although I didn't drink last night, I was so hungry.

"I made some eggs." my mom told me as she walked in for her second cup of coffee.

I was happy to hear that because I didn't feel like cooking.

As I was fixing my plate there was a knock at the door. I got a fork and went to the door, I opened it and there she was... even with bed head she looked beautiful.

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked her.

Jules looked confused,

"I know this is weird but.. I was hoping you could tell me what happened last night... I can't remember a thing and my head is killing me and just ugh. I am miserable."

I laughed to myself because I knew what she was going through, that was kind of the reason I don't drink much anymore.

"Well don't just stand there silly, come in. We can go talk in my room." I replied.

She walked in and looked around as I went to the kitchen to put my plate up and fix some Gatorade and get Advil to help her headache.

We walked up to my room and she looked like she really admired it, or something.

"Here you go." I gave her the cup and pills and she gladly took them.

"Thank you. We were out of medicine at home." she said.

We sat on my bed and I begin with the first part of our dinner. The second half would be the crazy part to tell her.

"So uh yeah.. we got food... you drunk a few Martini's and we talked and laughed and it was a pretty great night.. then.. I took you to my car to bring you home and before I could leave you...uh... you...kissed me."

Spoiler! :
@Gravity I hope this was okay!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:57 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle Lee

My hormones were wild, it was like sensory overload. Every little touch he did I felt it.. ten times more than usual.

I threw my feet over the bed and got up to go to the bathroom.

I stood in front of the mirror and just stared at myself. I didn't even know myself anymore. I felt like things were rushing with Philip and I didn't want him to think I was an easy piece of ass because I'm not.

I looked under the cabinet and found my secret stash of makeup that I kept here all the time. I needed to apply some of my waterproof mascara.

"You okay?" he asked me and peaked inside the door. I smiled because that made me feel good to know he cared.

"Yeah."

I put the stuff up and followed him out of the bathroom. I had already planned on spending the night here tonight, I just couldn't go back to Jessie's not when something like this was happening. I was horrible at lying to her.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

He nodded and I thought about it before I even asked.

"I don't want you to think I am weird.."

before I finished my statement he interrupted me.

"Isabelle.. I would never think that."

My butterflies came through like lightening.

"Well... I am staying here tonight and I was hoping you'd stay with me. As friends of course. I can't go back to Jessie's... not yet."

I seen something flicker inside when I said Jessie's name. I didn't know what it was though.

"Yeah. Sure, but my truck is still at Starbucks." he told me.

I got my keys off the table, turned off the lights and we headed out back to Starbucks.

"You don't have to stay with me if you do not want too. I stayed here by myself many times."

Spoiler! :

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:54 am
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

"Slow down... you need to explain it to me a little more clearly." I said into the phone.

"It's Colette, she was raped. And now she's been attacked by Derek. She needs her friends. I know you're in England and stuff, but, she needs you." it was Rupert.

My heart raced at his words. "I'll be out on the next plane."

There was a moment of silence. I could hear him breathing heavily on the other end, even though we were miles away. It was the fact that he cared about her so much that hurt me. But... Cole needs it. She deserves it.

"Okay, thank you." he paused. "I think I killed the guy." he let out a soft laugh.

"Ha, I'm sure you did."

"I miss you too... Cole is not the only person that needs you."

I felt my throat close up as I sat silent with the phone against my ear. I was staring at the window in front of me, eyeing the buildings that lit up the night sky. Those words were meant to be friendly, but somehow, I didn't want to believe it. I'm taking everyone's guys, aren't I? I'm a whore. I'm a terrible friend.

He was my first. Maybe that was why. And Paul was my best friend.

Was.

Fuck.

"I figured," I said.

"Let me know when you'll be here."

He was the last person on my mind when I landed in Seattle. Cole was at his house and I had to see her. I had to comfort her. Hawthorne is a great friend, but she also needs me.

The taxi ride felt like forever as we zoomed down the busy streets of the city. Holiday shoppers passed us by with loads of bags on each arm. At least I wasn't walking out there, I've had enough with the cold air. Maybe it'd snow today. That'd be nice.

It would give me a distraction from my thoughts. And all I could think about was Colette. How could I have missed it?

Before I knew it, we were at his mansion. It sat on nice land that had well kept greens and a lovely walkway leading up to the front door His house always gave me anxiety, my skin was already tingling. I smiled at the driver and handed him a fifty, hoping out with my bag. It hit the pavement with a thud as the taxi sped off onto it's next job. The wind blew around me, leaving my lips chapped. I pulled the bag behind me, thankful it wasn't too heavy.

Once I reached the door, I rang the doorbell. In a moment it swung open with a smiling Rupert.

"Dafnie, I thought you'd call." his voice was husky.

"Yeah... changed my mind about that." I paused. "Where's Cole?"

"She's upstairs in the guest room," he titled his head to the side, eyeing my luggage. "And you came straight from the airport I see."

I looked at it too and sighed. "Yeah,"

He stepped aside and let me in. The house didn't change much from the last time I was here. Just now it resembled a Christmasy home with the decorations and scented candles. I left my bag at the end of the stairs and went up, admiring the lights that were twisted on the railings.

Soft music came from my right once I reached the floor. The room was just at the end of the hallway, the door shut. I swallowed hard and made my way over, opening the door.

Colette was in the bed with a book in her hands. The music was louder, now I could tell what it was, The Neighbourhood. She looked at peace as she read.

"Hey Cole," I said softly from the door.

She looked up, dropping her book in the process. "Dafnie?"

"Yeah babe, I'm here."

A soft smile grew on her face as I walked over to her side of the bed, sitting down just in front of her. Her eyes were intense, filled with both sorrow and happiness. I wrapped my arms around her, squeezing her as hard as I could. Her body was warm against mine and she smelt of Rupert's cologne. Probably cause she was around him.

"I'm gonna be here for you no matter what." I paused. "If you want, you can stay with me."

I pulled away and saw tears lining her eyes.

Spoiler! :

271 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:35 am
Gravity says...

Jules

April's room was large but cozy with purple walls and low ceilings. I couldn't look her in the eye so I tried to concentrate on the pain beating against my skull and the pretty wall paint.

"You um, your bra fell off and then you undid your dress and got on top of me and-"

"I think I get the point." I said, furrowing my eyebrows. I remembered flashes but I'd thought they were dreams or something my mind made up. I crossed my arms over my chest, April had seen me half naked.

I felt horribly confused. Did I find April attractive? What did that mean for me? Was I lesbian or bisexual or something else entirely? Thoughts were whirling around my brain as my head throbbed and I smoothed my mussed hair.

"Jules, it's okay. I know you're confused right now because I felt the same way once. It doesn't matter who you love or what gender they are."

"It does matter." I snapped and April was taken aback. I'd never snapped. I was always patient Jules. Dancing for hours every night and then going to school to get good grades. I didn't mind either activity so I'd never had reason to be angry.

"It does matter," I said once again softly, "I'm straight. Last night was a fluke. It meant nothing. I'm going on a date with James tomorrow night. I must be straight." April's face crumpled somewhat.

"It meant nothing to you?" She asked, her voice getting smaller as she slouched more and more, hoping to disappear inside herself.

"Nothing," I said, though I wasn't sure.

"I think you should go," she said hesitantly. I knew she wasn't trying to be rude but I got up and left. I couldn't bear to see the hurt expression on her face.

I went home and laid in bed, asking Martha and Sam to leave me be as the headache slowly subsided. I slept some and watched a little netflix until it was time for dance. I had ballet, hip hop and then dinner with James. I knew I had to get up so I pinned my hair back and put on my favorite lace leotard with thigh high black leg warmers, a black shoulder shrug and a black dance skirt.

Spoiler! :

Since James and my host parents were coming, I applied a little make up. After sticking my pointe shoes, hip hop gear, and a dress for James into my dance bag, I got in the car with Martha and Sam.

They both stayed silent as we drove but I could tell Martha was worried about me. She kept glancing at me in the rearview mirror and furrowing her eyebrows. She'd applied a little makeup for today and I was touched. My family never came to observation week back home.

After getting to the studio, I set my dance bag down and began by stretching out my feet. As I put on my pointe shoes and began warming up, the other girls trickled in but I was always the first one there. The studio felt somewhat crowded with the few rows of chairs in the back. Martha and Sam watched in fascination as I stretched my legs well above my head and my body backwards. The other girls were flexible, but I'd been training my entire life. I was more bendy than they were.

As the class went on, we warmed up, did a refresher on our dances and then the boys came in the second half for pas de deux which literally translates into "step of two". We were learning a dance from Sleeping Beauty, when Aurora meets her Prince. It was easy and a crowd pleaser.

My partner, Roberto, moved to lift me up but I was distracted, my limbs felt somewhat heavy. His hands slipped over the spandex fabric of my leotard and while everyone else was in a graceful fish dive, I was on the ground. All the parents looked concerned and then I spotted James outside the studio. He looked like he wanted to come in but I shook my head. It was my fault Roberto couldn't lift me, I hadn't positioned myself correctly.

Spoiler! :

Roberto's tanned skin immediately turned red as he helped me up. Madame turned to me.

"Juliette, I'm disappointed in you." My hands trembled as my eyes blinked to keep back tears.

"This is observation week and you are my most technically advanced student in ballet. I expected more from you." I could feel my cheeks heat up and I lowered my head, wishing everybody would stop looking at me. It was all I could do to continue without crying.

The rest of class continued and Madame complimented my form a few times, redeeming me from the previous embarrassment. Afterwards, we left the studio and the other girls whispered about me. I was the most skilled and the class, always being complimented by Madame. I think they enjoyed that I'd been taken down a notch.

"What happened?" James asked. I grabbed my dance bag and headed to the change rooms for hip hop.

"He couldn't lift me because I didn't give him enough momentum. It was my fault." But he looked skeptical. People always assumed it was the male dancer's fault if he dropped a female.

"Trust me, okay?" I asked, not wanting to discuss it any further. He nodded and then I went to change into knee length sweatpants, sneakers, a loose tank top and a black sports bra.

I walked into hip hop class feeling a bit more confident. The instructor walked in and he put us through a few combinations before he turned to us.

"Okay," he said, "You all know that hip hop isn't about choreo, it's about what you all can come up with on the spot. So the rest of the class we're gonna do a freestyle session. I want to see what you can come up with." James leaned forward in his seat as one of the boys moved into the center, his whole body looked like he was buzzing with electricity and we clapped with the beat, calling out encouragements. Various people went into the middle and danced. Everybody was smiling and generally having a good time.

The people in hip hop liked me a bit more because I wasn't the best at it. I was very good but it wasn't like in ballet when I usually got more compliments than anybody. The teacher pushed me to the middle and I put a mockingly betrayed expression on my face. Everybody started laughing and I danced, my movements a little more flowed.

Most of the guys had more jerky and more modernly robotic movements but my body was naturally graceful. I was also very busty so I used my hips and my flexibility to my advantage, even ending with a backflip and a few other stunts. Everybody clapped once more and eventually one guy brought his brother from the observation group to dance and everyone started getting even more into it. I even managed to get James to do a few things, though he mostly just did goofy disco moves.

James couldn't take his eyes off of me and I found myself thinking of April, to the point where I got distracted, again. I couldn't get the night before or the conversation this morning out of my head and it was very frustrating.

"Jules? Hello? You want to try again?" My teacher looked at me but I shook my head. Practice was almost done and we were all breathless and sweaty at that point.

"Good, guys. Next time we need to get more serious so practice at home. Later." I grabbed my dance bag.

"I'm going to go change into normal people clothes," I said, "Where are we going to eat?"

"You'll see," James said smiling mischeviously, "You'll see."

Spoiler! :
@NicoeBri
Last edited by Gravity on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:45 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie

A soft drizzle fell from the sky as I stepped into the open air, two bags slung over my shoulder and a hand that didn't belong to me clinging to my elbow, as if ready to pull me away from the crying, grayish-blue sky. I smiled, and took another step, wondering what it'd be like to venture out; go on an adventure with no destination, wander aimlessly around town, admiring the fancy decorations that locals had set up. My thoughts were cut short when the giggle of my child reached my ears.

"God, he's absolutely adorable," I gush, and shake my head. "I just don't know how such a perfect baby could come from me. And Philip. Mostly Philip."

Adrian laughed at that; a good, beautiful, heart-warming chuckle that made my chest ring and my toes ting.

While he buckled Isaac in, I tossed the bags into the back-- though making sure to place the diaper bag in the back seat, next to the car seat-- then climbed into the driver seat. Adrian slid into the passenger a minute later, and grinned at me.

"You're setting the world on fire," I glance at him one more time, turn the ignition, then continue once the car hums to life, "with your dazzling smile."

"Well, maybe I should stop before the planet burns," he chirps, and laces his fingers through my free hand as I back out of the driveway.

"I don't think so," I laugh, and check everything again, "lets just build a rocket and move to Mars."

"Sounds like a plan, querida," he says with a thick accent, though the last word wasn't something I'd recognized; it sounded like Spanish.

Releasing another laugh as we cruised down the road, I peeked at him quickly, "Querida?"

He shrugs, and cracks a smile, "Trying something new. I believe it means 'dear' in Spanish?"

"I..." I chew at my lip, trying to think; I'd taken two years of the language, so you'd think that I'd know this. But nothing came to me. "Maybe? I'm not sure. How about you just stick to French, though, daddy?"

He quieted, and I smiled victoriously; I'd assumed that he liked it when I called him that, since he'd turned red earlier at the sound of the name.

It was quiet for awhile; except for the soft, delicate breathing my Isaac, the hum of the car as it strolled through traffic, and the 'pitter, patter' of the rain tapping the car.

"Thank you, Adrian," I suddenly say, so quiet it was almost inaudible, "for doing this. For doing everything that you have. I-" I pause, and cross an intersection before continuing, "-I, um...I actually can't thank you enough. I still think it was a miracle that you bumped into me in Paris-"

He cuts me off with a light-hearted chuckle, "You bumped into me."

"We bumped into each other," I offer with a too-girly giggle. "a-anyways...I just want you to know how much I appreciate you. I don't think I'd be sane right now if weren't for you."

He seemed to quiet at this, as if he didn't know what to say; a couple of seconds later, though, he said in his deep, velvety voice, "I think you did all the hard work. But, you're welcome."

As soon as I stepped into his apartment, the smell of all sorts of spices wafted forward, as if attempting to shove itself into my nostrils; I felt slightly overwhelmed, but the smell of comfortable, familiar, and made me feel automatically at home.

Adrian stepped in behind me, a single bag slung over his shoulder and the carrier in his hand; he seemed to be taking in the scents, as well.

Not wanting to rudely throw the bags onto his nice, pretty, fancy furniture, I hang them on a hook close by and turn back towards the kitchen. It looked so clean, so homey, so comfortable. I had a strange urge to waltz in there and just start baking and cooking and, really, wasting time.

I scanned my eyes around, examining my surroundings until my eyes locked with the chocolate, dreamy orbs of the guy with the French origin and at that moment, seeing him flick his eyes down to the carrier in his right hand, watching the emotions flood his face at the sight of the infant cooing quietly to himself; love, determination, joy, and so many more that I couldn't even think about because before I could, my feet were moving without permission and before I even knew it, I was standing in front of him.

Staring at his defined cheeks, his toned skin, his wavy brown hair, then the soft curve of his lips.

I knew that he was a keeper. A definite keeper.

I'm in a hurry, so I'm SO sorry this is so short. I'll try and make my next one super, super, super long. Anyways, I have to go, but I hope this is okay, @Nike!
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:51 pm
Gravity says...

Cole

"Dafnie."

She was real, she was there. She was in front of me. When she hugged me I squeezed back, breathing in. My best friend was back from Englad.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you," she said, "I should've been here."

"It's okay," I said, crossing my legs underneath the covers. "You're here, now."

Dafnie and I laid back on the pillows and she told me about her time in England. We both avoided the topic of my rape, I didn't want to talk about it and I think she knew that. Rupert walked into the room as we talked and sat cautiously on the end of the bed.

"How are you guys?" he asked, "Catching up?" Dafnie nodded and I thought her cheeks were turning pink. I must've been imagining it. If not, it was probably because of freshman year when Dafnie and Rupert... yeah.

"I think I'm going to go home and get settled in. You can stay with me if you need to when your parents come, okay?" Dafnie hugged me once more.

"Okay," I said, "Thank you." She kissed my cheek and took her bags, leaving the room. Once I heard the front door close I realized that Rupert and I were alone and I felt... surprisingly safe.

"I want to try something, if you think you're ready." Rupert said. It'd been a few days since my second rape and the pain was so fresh, I just wasn't sure.

"We can stop at anytime you need to, okay?" He moved towards me on the bed and his masculine scent, the sound of his breathing, it scared me to death. I backed against the headboard. He paused with his hand out.

"Can I see your phone?" he asked. I handed it to him and he plugged in earbuds, handing it to me.

"What?" I asked.

"It's the sound of me that makes it hard. Right? I thought you could listen to music and try hugging me. See if that freaks you out. We need to start somewhere."

"I was raped four days ago, Rupert. How soon do we have to start?" I felt my voice break and I could tell he itched to touch me, to comfort me.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I shouldn't have asked." I looked at the phone in my hand and turned on the most calming, loving song I could think of. I turned on The Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script.

Going back to the corner where I first saw you,
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag I'm not gonna move,
Got some words on cardboard got your picture in my hand,
Saying if you see this girl can you tell her where I am,

The guitar played in my ears and I inched towards him, letting the music fill my soul. The song was about a man who saw a girl on a street corner and met her there. He fell in love with her. She left but he still loved her and lived there, homeless, even though he was wealthy. Some tried to offer him money but he wouldn't move, he just asked that if anybody saw the girl he'd fallen in love with, they tell her where he was so they could be together again. In a way, Rupert was the man who couldn't be moved, he waited for me for months. I'd yelled at him, been rude to him, but he hadn't stopped loving me.

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet,
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.

So I'm not moving,
I'm not moving.

I took his hand and shoved the feelings of dread out of my stomach. This was Rupert, my Rupert. The Rupert I knew like my own body. He was mine. Every crevice of him was familiar to me.

And maybe I'll get famous as the man who can't be moved
Maybe you won't mean to but you'll see me on the news
And you'll come running to the corner
'Cause you'll know it's just for you
I'm the man who can't be moved
I'm the man who can't be moved

"I love you," I whispered, the first time I'd said it since he'd found out. The first time I'd said it in months. I wasn't even sure if he'd heard me, the volume of the music was so loud. But I know he knew, because in the next second my arms were around him and I was trembling. I felt his breath on the back of my neck and I had to keep my eyes open, so I could remember that this was my Rupert and nobody else could touch me. Not while he was here.

We stayed there like that, The Script on repeat until our knees were sore and our limbs stiff. But Rupert wasn't leaving. He was mine, the man who couldn't be moved.
Spoiler! :
So it's corny but, @Nike I'm really proud of this post

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:34 am
AlmondEyes says...

~Hawthorne~

Spoiler! :
I couldn't stop smiling the entire night. Things had been going so well I hoped that they would never end. I just couldn't believe the change in Agatha. Over the last few weeks, she'd become so warm and sweet and caring. She would ask me about school. She would help me cook dinner, wash dishes, as well as doing laundry. Sometimes we'd even go out to eat, and she would let me choose the restaurant. As the old bruises faded away, she apologized, asking my forgiveness. I forgave her. Holding onto the past has never done anyone any good.

I felt like I was floating on a cloud every morning when I woke up, because I knew it would be a good day. It turned into an even better day when My grandmother asked me to attend banquet with her. It was some sort of fund raiser for a cancer center, though the name escaped me. She took me out to find the perfect dress. There was a little boutique a few blocks from out neighborhood that she picked out because she thought we could find the perfect dress there. We spent hours looking for the right dress. She wanted the dress to look absolutely perfect on me.

"Are you sure?" I frowned, holding up the red Chiffon mermaid train dress with a sweetheart neckline and open back. "It's beautiful."

"But not the right color," she said thoughtfully as looked at the dress in the mirror.

"Maybe we should try going somewhere else?" I suggested, feeling disgruntled.

"I absolutely sure we'll find the perfect dress for you." She shook her head as she took the dress away.

Having apparently seeing the disappointed look on my face, she turned back around, seeing the saddened look on my face. She set down the vetoed dress and touched my shoulder.

"Honey, trust me when I say we'll find the right dress." she smiled at me. "I won't rest until we find you the perfect dress for the fundraiser. I want nothing but absolute perfection for what I have planned for you tonight."

That brought a endeared smile to my face. "You really mean that?"

"Of course I do." She smiled."You're family, and that's what I do for family."

My heart soared with happiness as she kissed me on the cheek. Grabbing the dress, she turned back to the others. When she came back, she had a triumphant look in her eyes as she held the dress out to me.

"Victory, thy name is Agatha." she handed me the dress and scooted me into the the dressing room.

When I stepped out and stood in front of the mirror, I almost didn't recognize myself.

"And that's what victory looks like." Grandmother smirked. "Now let's get you prettied up. We have an event get to."

Looking at myself in the mirror was like looking at a stranger. I looked at the girl staring back at me. Dressed in an elegant Ivory colored backless mermaid silhouetted scoop necked sleeveless dress that swept the floor, embellished with beads that molded to the generous curves usually hidden beneath baggy clothing. The pearl drop earrings that rested on her lobes seem especially opalescent against her darker complexion, a thick fringe of long lashes and black eye liner surrounding eyes bright with excitement. The natural blush in her cheeks accentuated her full lips covered with nothing more than lip gloss. Her dark locks fell around her in soft waves that kissed her hips and shone like freshly polished diamond. The girl in the mirror was classy. Beautiful. Tasteful. Not Broken and damaged like the other girl. There was a knock at the door. It cracked open and Grandmother poked her head in.

"Can't keep everyone waiting." she smiled. "I have to show off my granddaughter."

Shaking off the negativity I was feeling, I put a smile on my face and followed her grandmother downstairs. The sound of people chuckling and making conversation reached my ears, along with the sound of clinking champagne flutes and the smell of the food being catered as we reached the top of the staircase. As we descended, peoples' gazes turned toward me, my face most likely turning beet red at all of the attention I was getting.

"You simply have to tell who this beautiful young lady is, Agatha." a woman came up to her and they exchanged kisses on each other's cheeks.

She was an older woman, though I couldn't tell how old. She still looked young, probably due to the aid of botox injections and plastic surgery. Her sharp ice blue eyes seemed to assess me, calculating. Her high cheekbones was offset by her probably collagen injected cherry red covered plump lips. She was wearing a dress that fit like a second skin on her, the neckline of her Royal Blue colored dress delving down into the valley of her breasts and stopping just below her navel. Her glossy raven back hair fell over one shoulder, catching the light with every movement. She wasn't as tall as I was, though with what looked like three or four inch heels she was wearing, she'd gotten close.I could have been wrong, but everything about her said artificial as I looked at her. And i'm pretty sure she got the impression from the tight smile she gave me.

"This is my granddaughter Hawthorne. Hawthorne, this is Vivian." Grandmother introduced us.

She didn't hold out her hand. I didn't hold out mine. I smiled back politely. "It's nice to meet you."

"Like wise." she said in the fakest voice i'd ever heard.

"Now that you two are acquainted," Grandmother stepped in. "let's go mingle a little more."

I gave her the fakest smile I could muster and said, "Have a nice night."

I hope she choked on the champagne she was drinking.

The next few hours flew by as I was introduced to dozens of people my grandparents. Some were laid back and mellow, some were eccentric, some were straight up rude and pompous, some were polite, and some were an absolute laugh. And then there was [i]him
. My skin crawled as he walked over to where My grandmother and I were standing.

He was definitely an older man, but tall and still well built with his hair beginning to gray at his temples. Probably in his mid thirties by my guess as I looked at the the few lines forming on his face. He was wearing a navy blue tailored suit that showed of his string shoulders and still trim waist, which i'm sure he's proud of by the way he walked around like he owned the place. His eyes were the color of a cloudy sky, a color i'd never never seen before. They seemed so dark and empty, leaving me unsettled as he smiled at me, looking me over. I looked away.

"Where are you manners, Agatha?" he smirked at her. "I haven't been introduced yet."

Her entire demeanor changed when she heard his voice. It made me frown as she schooled her features, more business like than party appropriate.

"My apologies," she gestured to me."This is my granddaughter Hawthorne. This is Victor. One of the organization's biggest donators."

In other words. Someone whose money they wanted, so I had to be polite. He held his hand out. Not wanting to be rude, I held mine out in return. When our skin made contact, I had to fight the urge to yank my hand away. Every hair on my body stood up in protest, and every fiber of my being screamed for me run in the other direction as he lifted my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles. His eyes darkened as he looked back at me.

"Pleased to meet you." he said, not letting my hand go. "You're quite the sight."

"Thank you," was all I could manage as I tried to pull my hand away.

Finally relenting and letting go, I resisted the urge to wipe my hand on my dress. I'd have to boil it in alcohol later.

"If you'll excuse us," Grandmother touched my shoulder. "I have to business to discuss with Victor. We'l be back in a moment.

They left off. I stood there waiting as they disappeared into the crowd unease settling in the pit of my stomach. She came back a few minutes later, but Victor wasn't with her. I breathed a sigh of relief as she stopped in front of me.

"Honey, will you do me a favor? Remember the room you were in? I left a little jewelry box up there on the dresser. Would you be a dear and grab it?" she asked.

"Sure," I smiled happy to have something to do.

Turning, I headed back up the stairs and into the room. I would have turned on the light switch, but I couldn't remember where it was. At least I knew where the dresser was. Making my way over, I froze when I heard the door click closed.

"What a pleasure seeing you here," came Victor's voice from behind me.

Before I could react, he snatched me back, covering my mouth and the other wrapping around my waist. I tried screaming, but it didn't work.

"Whoa now, sweetheart ." he laughed, his hand on my waist drawing the dress up.

His hand slid up my thigh and he sighed. "So soft and warm..."

I whimpered,quaking in fear. He threw me on the bed, but I crawled over to the other side and ran for the door. He caught my by my hair and dragged me back. He backhanded me so hard I fell back onto the bed. As he climbed on top of me, I screamed, but he just laughed.

"Scream all you want, but no one will hear you." he laughed again.

"Get off of me!!" I screamed, trying to throw him off, but it was no use.

He climbed higher, straddling my chest. He had my arms pinned down with his knees, so I couldn't fight him off. I started screaming as I heard the sounds of him undoing his pants.

"Agatha said you had a mouth on you. It's to find out."

He panted as he fell back on the bed, gasping for air. I rolled into a ball, rocking back and forth as he got off of the bed and headed for the door. Fixing himself as he opened the door, I heard a voice.

"Everything went well, I presume?"

It was Agatha's voice.

"When you told me she had a mouth on her..." I could hear the disbelief in his voice.

"So then everything is settled?" She asked.

"You've got my vote," he laughed as he walked off.

Agatha came into the room, and walked over to the bed, and could feel the contempt and disgust radiating off of her.

"Clean yourself up. You're dismissed. You've fulfilled your purpose, so you're dismissed."

With that she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her, leaving me here in the darkness. My body was wracked with sobs as cried and cried and cried. How could this have happened? How could I have fallen for her bullshit? Because I wanted to believe that she had changed to desperately, that it left me blind to what was right in front of me. I began rocking back and forth again, the tears coming anew as I replayed the events over and over again in my head. [/i]

Ring! Ring! Ring!

My eyes snapped open as I gasped for air, panting. I was covered in sweat, and shaking like a leaf at the mercy of the ever changing wind.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I checked my phone. It was Cole calling. At this time of night? I answered.

"Is everything ok?" I asked, laying back down.

"Are you ok?" I could hear her frowning through the phone line. "You sound out of breath."

"I'm fine." I changed the subject. "What's up?"

"I was just falling asleep," she paused to yawn. "and then I realized that I almost forgot to tell you that Dafnie's back in town. Rupert called her and she came right back."

"That's good." I don't smile, although I want to.

"It really is." she agreed.

There was a moment of silence before I ask. "How is everything going?"

I didn't say it, but she knew what I meant. "I'm doing the best that I can."

"That's all anyone can ask of you right now." I told her. "It'll take time, but you'll get there."

"I wish I were already there." her voice wobbled a little bit. "I hate the way this makes me feel."

"It's ok, sweetie." I soothed her. "I promise you it gets easier over time."

"But does it?" she asked. "I am I doing the right thing? What if filing the police report backfires and makes things worse?"

"Would you be able to live with yourself if you'd kept quiet? What if he did this to someone else?" I countered. ". You'll hate yourself even more than you already do. If you don't, it'll eat away at you until there's nothing left."

And it would eat at you, gnawing away at your soul and tainting it with anger and disgust and self-loathing self-hatred. You would always wonder what would have happened if you'd said something. It makes you feel like empty inside, like you were just a shell of the person you used to be. You'll sink into a hole without realizing it, and because you don't know how deep the hole is, you're not sure if you'll ever get out.

There was a another pause on her side. Maybe the tone of my voice scared her.

"Is something wrong, Thorne?" Cole worried.

"I'm just sleepy." I yawn, and i'm not lying."You should head off to bed."

"Um, ok."she sounded hesitant.

"But Cole,"

"Yes?" she answered.

"I promise things will get easier." I tell her. "It may take some time, but it really does. No matter how hopeless or scared or angry you might feel, don't forget that."

"Ok." she agreed.

"Night, girly." I rubbed my eyes. "Sweet dreams."

"Sweet dreams." she said back.

I hung up the phone, closing my eyes before settling into an uneasy and unrestful sleep.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

267 Reviews

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:31 pm
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

"Of course I'll stay." I smiled.

Isabelle was art. Honestly. I followed her into the living room. It was big and comfy, candles lit on every surface, and the couch was just calling my name. We crashed onto it as she turned on the TV, hitting up Netflix.

I pulled her close to me so she could rest her head on my chest. Her touch was warm and I could never get enough of it.

"What do you wanna watch?" I asked her.

"Uhh, I have no idea." she replied.

Even the sound of her voice made my skin tingle. I was running my hand through her hair as she scrolled through the options. The TV was just above the fireplace which was also lit. Man was Isabelle prepared. But being with her also scared the living shit out of me. It was new. It was unpredictable. And there's Jessie. She wouldn't be happy with Isabelle. Cause I'm not the best guy.

I didn't deserve her. But she wanted me and I wanted her and, fuck, I wasn't going to leave.

"Are you okay with Grey's Anatomy? I've been wanting to catch up." she suggested.

"I'm more than okay. I watch that with my mom." I laughed.

She looked up at me with a huge smile. I couldn't stop staring at her eyes. They were so beautiful. I would love for to to stare at me all day, just so I could see those eyes.

"Alright then McSteamy, let's get to it." She winked and faced the TV again.

Spoiler! :
@NicoleBri I didn't know what to write and I'm tired AF. But this is cute. ISSY AND PHILIP :)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:58 pm
Ciblio says...

Harley

"Luther?" I step into the hotel room, two bags of Chinese food placed in my hands and my younger brother trailing close behind me. "I'm back! And I have food!"

From the bathroom, he stepped out into the dark hallway, his broad shoulders shadowed by the stream of light trickling from the bathroom. His hair stuck to the right side of his face, and excess water glinted in the dim lighting.

Pursing his lips together, Collin takes the bags of food from my hand, and waltzes over to the coffee table, "Hey, Luther."

A couple seconds later, Luther strode into the living room (since this hotel room was a suite, we got a good deal) and pulled his shirt the rest of the way over his head, "Hey, Collin. What'd you get me, Lee?"

I make my way to the small kitchen, and pull out a bottle of Kikoman soy sauce from the fridge, "Deep fried feline and octopus tentacles."

Returning to the living room, I catch the small grimace that formed on his tanned face before he turns back to me with a smile, "Sounds great, babe."

As I roll my eyes, I set the soy sauce on the table, and sit next to Collin, who was already pulling out his own thing of food from the bag. Not sure what to say, since I hadn't seen him in over a month, I bump his shoulder with mine and start making my own plate, "So, how's school?"

"Oh, god, Harley," he groans, and ducks his head into his pea coat (which, somehow, looked great on him), though I could see, from the angle he was sitting, the small smile on his lips. "can't we talk about something interesting?"

Arching a brow, I smile and glance at Luther, who's grinning, "Oh, okay. Well, let's see..."

I was trying to think of a sly way to ask him if he had a girlfriend, or something, but before I could even blink, Luther was leaning forward-- over the coffee table-- with shining eyes and a charming, yet oddly cruel, smirk, "Gotta girl?"

"What?" Collin immediately sat straight, his cheeks tinting a light shade of pink.

"You gotta bae," Luther pauses, and I attempt not to bust out laughing. Luther leans forward a little more, causing the table to make tiny creaks of protest, "or nah?"

"Please don't tell me you actually said that," Collin says in a quiet voice as he laughs and covers his face at the same time.

"Wait, so is that a yes?" I ask, actually curious.

"I didn't say that!" He protests weakly.

"You didn't not say that, though," Luther shrugs, and releases the table from his bone-crushing body. Not that he was fat-- oh, goodness, no-- he was just extremely muscular. Literally. I'm seriously serious. "so it's gotta be true."

"I-I don't..." Collin turns his head away, though the back of his neck was blood red. "...she's not my girlfriend."

I feel my lips spread into a genuine smile, and turn towards him, "Yet?"

"Here, let me give you some tips, man," Loo clears his throat, and looks straight at Collin with that 'lets get down to business' expression he had. Immediately, the song from Mulan started playing through my head. "On your next date, invite her in, order a pizza, or something, turn on a horror movie, and make sure she knows that she can hold onto you when she gets scared, then when she screams and clings to your arm, pull her in real close and-"

"Luther," I snort through laughter, and throw a napkin on him, "don't give my little brother tips on how to get frisky."

"Frisky?" Collin frowns, "I'm not an expert...but I don't think people say that anymore."

"Well, I just said it, didn't I?"

A half hour later, we were all curled up on the couch, blanket to our chins as the girl on the TV started crawling through the TV in the movie. Trying to nonchalantly look away (because this part always scared me shitless), I slowly turn my head over and bury my face into Luther's soft shirt-- it smelled like lemons and man shampoo. I'd grown so used to that smell. It was really comforting at a time like this.

I heard someone on the TV scream, then Luther mouth something-- probably to Collin.

"What?" Collin whispers, and I pinch Luther through his shirt.

Smacking at my hand playfully, he wraps his arms around my small frame and starts pulling my closer to him, "Stay still! I'm trying to help your brother out."

Collin started laughing as Luther pulled me into his lap, and suddenly, started going at my side-- ticking the hell out of me.

"L-L-l-" I couldn't get my words out, because I was breathing out laughs and trying to get free at the same time, which wasn't working out too well. "L-uaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, S-ST-STOOOOOOOPPPP AHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Make sure you're taking notes, pretty boy," Luther chuckles, and finally, end his ravage action. "because guess what?"

He pauses, and I twist so that I facing him, then place my hands on my hips.

"At the end of the night, this is the position you want to be in with your girl," Luther grins at me, and winks, "you know what I mean?"

We both look over at him then, and notice that he's leaning over the arm of the couch, releasing fits of laughter. It sounded painful.

"You broke him," I mumble, and shake my head, "ah, man. And I thought you would make it to introduce us to your guest."

He calms at that, then looks at me, "Whew...um, g-guest?"

"Well, yeah," A light knock sounds from the opposite side of the door, and Collin stares at it, his eyes wide, "you didn't think I'd invite you over without calling up Adah first, did you?"

"Ad...Adah?" he pauses, then looks at me, "How do you...? What?"

"I'm not stupid," I shrug, and glance at the door again, "if you don't answer that door soon, she'll think she got the wrong door. Go."

"Run to your loveee," Luther coos, for some odd reason, and I arch a brow at him in question, "What? It seemed like the right moment."

I roll my eyes, and lean into Loo's chest as Collin stumbles to the door, tripping over his own embarrassment. It took a lot of my not to laugh. And feel bad. Which I did, anyways. Feel bad, that is.

"So, how did you know about his girlfriend?" Luther mumbles against my ear, sending warmth throughout my otherwise cool body.

With a shrug, I smile and say, "I know her sister, kind of. Hayah. Pretty cool girl."

Collin swings the door open, and there, standing in front of him, with big, dark pretty eyes, long hair tied back, a white flowy shirt with a dark red peacoat and a pair of work jeans on. She reminded me of her sister; gorgeous. Though, I doubted she knew that. Collin definitely noticed it, though, because his jaw was drooping to the floor and his cheeks were dark pink.

"Um..." Adah's voice was small, and a blush was growing on her cheeks, "Hi, Collin."

Spoiler! :
...hello. I hope this is okay? Harley is my character from Harmony High, and Luther is @AlmondEyes character. Before the SB ended, they were almost/sort of/basically dating. Anyways, hope this is okay, @Sunshine.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

46 Reviews

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:59 pm
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

Jules had grown angry once I had finally told her that she made out with me, asking her to leave was one of the hardest things I had to do in awhile.

My phone dinged.

Then I felt my heart crack...it was Lee.

I know this probably isn't the right time but can you make time to meet me at Central Park? Now...

I couldn't help but laugh. This wasn't kindergarten. I shoved my phone into my purse and put some black tights and a flower shirt on. I wanted all the curves to show in the right places. I want him to see what he was missing.

I deviously grinned at myself in the mirror before walking out the door.

-.-.-.-.-.-

Lee was already sitting on a park bench, his Chevy jacked up truck was hiding us from the rest of the park.

"Hi." He forced a smile that didn't even look real.

I smiled but said nothing.

"I know this was short notice and all... but.. I knew you were in Washington... that is kind of the reason, well one of them, that I came up here for." He told me.

I rolled my eyes, this sounded familiar.

"Lee... I loved you. I really did. You broke us apart and we can't be together. Ever. Our relationship is toxic." I told him.

He pulled me into his chest and kissed me like I hadn't been kissed in so long. I missed this.

My eyes turned glassy when we pulled apart. I yearned for the feeling to be loved.

He scooted in close and I just couldn't.

No.

I got up. "I told you when you broke up with me that there would be no more chances. I meant that."

Regardless of how I felt. This wouldn't happen. Meghan deserves someone who isn't gonna cheat on her. I wouldn't be the reason they fell apart.

-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-

I'm ready to talk now. I texted Isabelle.

She was the only person that knew the inside of lee and I's relationship.

Meet me at my mom's cabin. Remember where it is? she replied. I nodded to myself and put the phone on silent as I drove.

-.-.--.-..-.-.-.-.-.-

"I can't go on anymore...." were the words that slipped from my mouth as soon as I reached the cabin.

Tears swelled my cheeks and I just held onto Isabelle.

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:44 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

Colette was warm and extremely shaky once she hugged me. I wrapped her in my arms, holding her close, just to keep her safe. My heart was racing as I let her fall into me, accepting the love I was giving her.

Dafnie coming up here was a good idea.

I eventually pulled away, knowing that I couldn't hug her for long. She wasn't ready for that much. Her eyes were glistening with fresh tears when I noticed I had cried as well.

"You're amazing Colette," I said.

She slipped off her headphones and smiled up at me, tilting her head to the side. She must have not heard me. I just smiled back.

"Goodnight," I said instead.

"Goodnight Rup."

We just looked at each other for a moment longer. In that moment I wanted to kiss her, hold her close, lie with her. But I knew that I couldn't. So I got up from the bed and headed toward the door. I heard the comforter rustle as she got comfortable. Looking back one more time, I saw her cuddled in, safe. I shut off the lights and left the room.

The rest of my house was quiet. I took a look at my phone and saw a message from Philip.

Dude, I hope you're not mad at me still.

I replied, Nah, I'm over it. What's good?

The next morning we drove to school with a more settled tension between us. There were more smiles and easier conversations. I of course kept my distance per her request. I walked her to her class as I decided to ditch mine.

I wasn't feeling school today. I found my way to the library and walked around until I found the back way to the roof of the school. I'd go there sometimes just to watch the sky and be alone. I opened the entrance to the stairwell and walked up, skipping every other step.

Pushing open the door, I felt a cold gust of wind blow against me. The sky was grey as snow started to fall. It came in slow drops, then got heavier. My body shook as the snow melted into my sweater. I decided to go back inside.

I looked down at my phone and saw no messages. Walking through the door, back into the library, I saw someone staring at the door. Maybe a teacher caught me? With a racing heart, I opened the door and was relieved by the sight of Colette.

"Hey Cole," I smiled.

"You went up there again." she sighed, a smile growing on her face. "You went up there when it started to snow."

"Yeah," I smiled back. "I needed the peace."

"Take me up there."

Spoiler! :

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris