Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:04 am
View Likes
Craz says...

It smells.

Most of the lockers are broken.

The teachers don't care.

There's a fight every other day.

And the students all hate each other.

Welcome to Griffin High School for the Gifted.

Spoiler! :
Located in the metro area, Griffin High School for the Gifted isn't as fancy as it's name. It's composed of water damaged white walls, graffitied desks and bathroom stalls, broken windows and an ancient air conditioning system, so the hum of fans could be heard in every classroom. The upper two storey windows have been barred and the general aroma of the building is piss with little rat droppings.

Why is it so golly gosh darn horrible here, you say? Well, everything wrong and twisted was once a good intention, as was Griffin High School for the Gifted. One day a happy-go-lucky professor named Richard Wallin Griffin came along and had the brilliant idea to open his doors to dropouts, no names and cutthroats and to carve them into well-educated, well-mannered gentlemen and gentlewomen of this great American country. And it worked, for a while. He moved his little school into a large abandoned building and it flourished. The school even got an award.

It wasn't long after that award that a heart attack got the better of old Mr. Griffin, and with no immediate family members to take over, the school (some say quite literally) fell to Hell. A very, very distant relative eventually recieved the school in his posession, but failed to have the passion of Mr. Griffin. And, quite a few years later, here stands Griffin High.

Anything can and will happen at this school. To make matters worse, Griffin High sits on the border of two gangs, the Snakes and the Metals. Whether your family is bullied by one of these or you are an honorary member, people tend to watch their mouths when talking about these blood crazy groups. There are other schools dotted around the area, but the most prominent one is Greene Union Academy, a rich private school that has been known to have rough encounters with Griffin High.

Spots and Character Template:

Spoiler! :
1. LittleSister
2.Peter Armando (Skydreamer)
3.Jaylee Marie Alcantar (Avalon)
4. Kaiya Blackfire (AlmondEyes)
5. Anarosá Joy Keith (Skydreamer)
6. (Craz)
7. (ReisePiecey)
8. (Iggy)

The spots are lenient and I would like a generally even gender ratio. Talk to me via PM if you have an idea for your character. Delete everything in parenthesis.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Nickname:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b](Ages 14-19 if you are a student)

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Year:[/b] (9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade?)

[b]Relation to Gang(s):[/b] (This may be as long as you want - you can link this to your history or leave it blank)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pics are optional. Try to avoid Anime and be descriptive.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Minimum 50 words. Be descriptive.)

[b]History:[/b] (Be descriptive. At least two paragraphs in length, and none of this "don't remember" nonsense. Even if they don't, explain why. Besides, each character has a story.  And include how they got into the school; it's one of those that you're sent to, not a place you go to voluntarily.)

[b]Weaknesses and Strengths:[/b] (Come on, everyone has them.  Don't get mad if I'm nit-picky here because I definitely do not want any godmodding, as it could easily occur in this type of SB, or any Mary-Sue stuff.  It doesn't always have to be physical, and things like "being shy" or "getting easily offended" are not real weaknesses.  Ex: "This guy is confident, but he can tend to be rash and not think ahead.")

[b]Up for love:[/b] (Yes, no, and what orientation.)

[b]Other:[/b] (Anything forgotten.)

Rules:

Spoiler! :
There are only a few rules, as this is a pretty open SB.

1. This is number one for a reason: No God-Mod or Mary-Sue crap. Let your character get beaten up, cut, bruised and embarrassed. It shows a real character when they're not in their prime.

2. I am the ultimate ruler of all. I don't like being nasty and rude, but I'll be the bad guy if I have to. Obey me and my managers.

3. Bad Language is allowed, along with sex scenes, drug use and all other things under the sun. However, YWS rules still apply. Don't go cray cray with it.

4. Respect each other and do not use another's character freely without permission. Don't be getting nasty in the DT. Love each other like a bro.

This SB will contain mature content. If you think you might be offended, do not join.

All non-SB posts go in the DT, please.
Last edited by Craz on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:23 am
View Likes
Craz says...

|Louis Chester|

Louis sighed, then hefted himself out of the bus seat.

He felt eyes on him as he moved towards the front. A woman and her child sat and peered up at him with an uneasy look. An obese woman with straggly hair breathed heavily. An elderly man on his last leg blatantly stared at him. Another woman, wearing a hotel cleaning uniform, flipped through a cheap tabloid magazine. It was silent. Completely, unnervingly silent. He could hear the driver's sinuses.

His steps seemed to echo. Thunk, thunk, thunk. The driver turned to look at him, an old Cuban man with rough cheeks and deep wrinkles. There was a long pause as he looked at Louis, who was unsure about what to do, and then he reached over in sudden movement and yanked on a handle. With a screech that made him start, the old doors opened and Louis stepped outside. He let the bus roll away, its old exhaust blowing dirty pollution in his direction. He coughed, quietly, and then looked around.

He was standing on a cracked sidewalk on the corner of an intersection, and the lot in front of him had a vicious dog barking behind a high fence. To his left, an elderly black man pushed a shopping cart filled with cardboard boxes. He noticed Louis's attention and turned with an unfriendly look. Louis hastily turned away and looked to his right. It was another broken road, houses with more high roughly made fences, all one storey. He looked more carefully and spotted a small cheap Styrofoam sign.

Griffin High School for the Gifted
"A new hope for the generations to come"

THIS LEFT

He looked around once more and then began to walk towards the sign. The sun was hot, making him sweat through his baggy t-shirt, and he coughed in the stifling heat. He adjusted his backpack (It was a new one from Walmart; his mom insisted on buying him new things for their "fresh start") and turned where the sign directed him. There, through the lining of trees, he caught the edge of a brick building.

When his new school came into view, he stopped. It was a four storey building, squatting on top of a broken parking lot. The windows had bars on them, and the top two floors were boarded up with plywood and cardboard. The bricks were dirty and had long stains running down its side where the gutters failed. Students, of more variety than he had ever seen, lounged outside. Some of them steered clear of each other, and more seemed to dare someone to make a move.

There was no bus lane, so the buses parked in the back of the lot. As he surveyed the ancient buses a fight broke out while one was unloading, only broken up by the students, not the adults.

He stood on the broken sidewalk, yearning to turn around and wait for the next city bus. Then, lowering his head, he pushed forward.

He kept his head down as he neared the other students. Doubts flooded his mind: he felt the cheap material of his shirt brush against his stomach; he felt the pinch of his shorts around his waist; his face felt particularly saggy as he looked down; his backpack, blue with bright stripes of yellow, felt pathetic and cheap, a neon sign of attention. He started to sweat again.

He was in the thick of students now. He risked a sudden glance up and nearly flinched as he made eye contact with a girl smacking gum. He hurriedly looked back down and stumbled forward as something bumped into him from behind.

"Look where your fucking going, asshole." He heard. The sly comment shot through him, and he righted himself and hurried his footsteps to the door. He heard laughter, he heard talking. All of it felt like mockery.

He made it to the door and pushed it open. He was hit with a wave of heat and the faint aroma of ripe shoes. He coughed again and stepped inside, noticing that only a few stragglers were in the building. And for good reason. He felt himself begin to perspire some more, and there was no wind to swirl the smothering air. But it was much better than being out there, in view. He stepped further inside, retrieving the crumbled piece of paper in his pocket that contained his schedule and folding it out in his damp hands.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:24 pm
Skydreamer says...

Anarosá Joy Keith

Anarosá groaned at the sound of her annoying end of the world '900000' alarm. Her head was bursting with pain and she definitely did not want to go to school today. Summer was her only time of complete happiness. She could go wherever she wanted, chill with all her friends at the park. Stay out till sunrise and then sneak back in the house. Even with her breakup, she had one of the best summers of her life, well, it could have been better, but she enjoyed it. Slipping out of bed, she turned off the alarm on her phone, and proceeded in dropping on the floor. Exhausted and a little hungover. The previous night she had gone to a party thrown by one of her friends, it was a 'back to school' party, as well as a 'let's all get too drunk to go to school tomorrow' party.

She did get pretty drunk, but she couldn't handle her alcohol that well - which a lot of people made fun of her for - so she had to stop at a point, to avoid passing out. She did however get a ride home, instead of walking like she had planned. Groaning again as she tried to get up, both hands holding her head, Anarosá laid back down and shut her eyes.

"Five more...hours." She murmured to herself. As she finished her sentence the door busted open and in came her Aunt Linda.

"Rosá, get your butt up, now! You're going to be late on the first day!" She heard her aunt's thick accent.

"Noooo," Rosá complained. Her aunt decided to take her arm and pull her up. Anarosá struggled against her aunt, and finally yanked her hand free. Her eyes now open she shot a death glare at her auntie. "What the hell, Auntie!" She whinned, frustrated and uncomfortable, as her headache came in full force again.

"Rosá, you have to get up. You were late for school, every day last school year. Senior year, new beginnings. Now, get up, you perezoso chica!" Her aunt finished with a grin. Rosá sighed and buried her face in her arms.

"You're joking right? I didn't even get one tardy from being late, not one, what's the point of getting to school on time when the teachers don't even care?!" She retorted.

"You prepare yourself for college, now don't let me tell you one more time. You're pretty much late already. Your brother already left for Greene and your sister is in class in University, so get your bum off the floor and in the shower, down the stairs, and out the door! Come, on, quick, quick!" Linda started to smack the girl on the arm. And this time Rosá reluctantly, and purposefully, slowly got up and walked to her bathroom to get ready for the day.

Coffee and bagel in her hands, Rosá walked towards the group she knew at the front of the building. Her aunt had forced her to drive herself to school, and seeing that she was about to be early, she stopped on her way to school at a coffee shop and bought her breakfast. When she arrived at the school lot, she wasn't surprised to see everybody gathered around at the front. Nobody really wanted to go in, especially on first days, because of the insane heat and disgusting smells that would assault them. After a whole summer free from all that nasty, no one wanted to face it. However, they all had parents or guardians or the government forcing them to go to the stupid school. At least that's what Rosá thought.

As she made her way to her people, she noticed some big dude walking into the school. Is he crazy? She thought as she slipped behind one of her friends. After poking her back, her friend whipped around and squeezed Rosá tightly. "Aww look at you, you look so cute!" Channel, her friend, exclaimed. Rosá wore a black pencil skirt with an army camouflage t-shirt which she tucked into the skirt and a gold chain necklace.

"Ah, no, stop it Channel. Stop it!" Her friend let go of her. "I'm still on my hangover treatment, okay." She said sourly, holding up her coffee and half-eaten bagel, and her friend rolled her eyes at her. Rosá knew that if this girl wanted to, she would back-stab her anytime, and not even feel sorry about it. She may be one of her friends, but it was mainly by name. It seemed like no one was ever to be trusted in this school. Everyone had their own agenda. That was why they were even sent to the school. Channel turned from Rosá, and Rosá inserted herself in the circle that had unintentionally formed.

"Did you see the new fool who just walked into the building. He's so big, but he looks so small!" Channel joked.The rest of the group laughed. Rosá rolled her eyes. She wasn't one to make fun of people she didn't see face to face. If she was going to mess around with someone, she'd do it straight to their face.

"What are you most excited about this year?" A timid voice said. Marly. She was one of the very soft spoken, very cute, very bright students here. Even though teachers don't care who does homework or not, she often does her homework. In the past, she got bullied a lot because the teachers who did give a damn, absolutely loved her. And even those who didn't, appreciated her. Then, last year, Marly somehow started dating this tough looking guy and one of Rosá's few real friends, Dameon. Ever since then she's been protected. As in, she never got bullied, never got spoken against. In fact, people started to like her. Funny how that happens when someone can beat you silly.

"Being able to beat the shit out of freshman's." Dameon said, right on cue. Rosá laughed.

"I'm excited about, as my Aunt Linda says, new beginnings." Rosá quickly stated as she watched a very handsome guy walk up to his group of people. "Some fine ass, new beginnings." There were no cliques or anything in this school, at least that she knew of, but people seemed to have their little friend groups. Some were bigger than others. And some people stood alone waiting for someone to pick a fight with them. This guy went to the same group Pete was in, she caught Pete laughing about something and weirdly enough her breath shortened, her heart sped up, and she had to look away. Damn him and his hot self. She thought as she smiled at her group. They were all watching her intently. She knew it was time to get going or she'd get pissed.

"What?!" She asked as she started to move. The rest of them moved with her. Marly, Channel, Dameon, Tim, Rach and Kristen. Most of them talked among themselves. But they followed her.

"You ain't over him, child." Channel claimed as she caught up with Rosá. She just gave Channel the death stare. Her infamous, you better back down stare. The only person who gets to ignore that stare without repercussions would be her auntie. "Come on, admit it. You miss him, you miss those gorgeous lips, and you miss that hair, you miss those eyes, you miss that di- "

"Shut the fuck up." Rosá said lowly and dead serious. She also had turned to face Channel. Neither of them wanted to get into a fight the first few minutes of school. They both felt they weren't as crazy as some of the other people, so Channel lifted both her hands in surrender. Rosá was still pissed at her so she just walked away. As she reached her locker, she opened it, cleaned it with a wipe, and stashed her handbag in it. She brought her personally paid for a combination lock. She knew some people knew how to pick key locks, so she decided a combination lock would be better. After making sure the lock was securely in place, she decided to head on to class.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:44 pm
AlmondEyes says...

|Kaiya Blackfire|

I leaned my back against the rattling window and chilling metal of the bus, stretching my legs out on the empty seat I had to myself. It vibrated annoyingly on my back, but I leaned further into it, and adjusted my bag closer. I turned up the volume on my phone, letting the cheap music blare into my ears and mix with the window's tremor as I rested my head of the tattered fake leather seat.

I cringed as a bustle of laughter came from behind me. My finger reached to turn up the volume again, but I was already blaring it as loud as I could. I ground my teeth in irritation. The bitches behind me didn't know the meaning of the word volume. As I settled back down, one of them kicked the back of my seat, jarring me, and then there was another annoying bustles of laughing. I tried taking deep breaths, but the everlasting laughter was pissing me off. Pulling off my headphones, I move to my knees turning to look down on the two besties. They hadn't noticed me yet, and I wanted to see what they would do next.

One blonde. One red head. The blonde's hair was short, like a bob. Long in the front, short in the back, and layered. Little miss red's hair was long and straight, pulling the eyes away from the splash of freckles on the bridge of her nose. They were also dressed like they were heading to work a corner. I grimaced as I realize the amount of makeup they had on. I didn't understand the need to wear make up. It was only a mask to hide behind in my opinion.

"Ms. Bitchfire needs to learn to loosen up a little." said red.

Oh? I needed to loosen up, did I?

"I'm sorry," I chimed in, making both of their heads snap up. "I need to what now?"

"Try not acting like such a bitch," blondie sneered. "What you need is a good lay."

"What you need to do, is keep your feet still, and shut the fuck up." I tell her. "Or you're not gonna like what happens."

"You think we're afraid?" she laughed incredulously. "The girls at school laugh behind your back and call you a freak!"

Then she started cackling like some old crazy hag, and I almost cracked a smile. Almost. Little red sitting beside her though, she didn't seem as amused as her friend. Blondie began kicking the back of my seat repeatedly, and my temper spiked unexpectedly. It usually takes a bit more, but sometimes it didn't. Grabbing her by her hair I lifted her out of her seat and into my face. The shock of the pain made her cry out and she began to struggle.

"Now here's what's going to happen," my voice comes out sounding sounding far too calm for comfort. "I've got a headache, and you're not making it any better. Shut the fuck up, and stay still in your seat, or when we get off of this bus, I'll drag your ass off by your hair and rock your world in the most unpleasant way. Got it?"

The tears of fear in her emerald eyes gave me a sense of satisfaction as her mascara and eyeliner smudged. She nodded her head for me. I dropped her back down to her seat, and she sat there like I told her to. I didn't even bother to look at her friend. She already knew. She wasn't stupid like Blondie. Without another word, I turned back to my seat as the song Seven Devils by Florence + The Machine began playing.

The bus suddenly jerked down as it ran over a pothole, and one of the guys standing stumbled and fell on top of me. His side smashed into mine and his arm grazed my chest, and the bus escalated in an ecstatic clamor. I shoved him off of me so hard he flew into the seat across from me, which had some guy sitting in it. He didn't look happy at having another dude dumped into his lap, and as he sat up the dude punched him square in the nose, crimson liquid flying every which way.

"You son of a bitch!" the guy who fell on top of me yelled, dragging the other one into the isle.

That's when all hell broke loose. People started screaming and fighting, the sound of bone crunching bone and hair soaring through the air like confetti. The bus driver didn't even stop, which is what I thought was the funniest thing. And kind of sad. The bus was in full riot as it stopped at the school. Grabbing my bag, I made my way to the front of the bus, which wasn't too far away, dodging and bobbing and sidestepping everyone beating the hell out of each other.

Stepping off of the bus, I brushed my hair out and stretched. There was no way in hell I was ever taking the bus to school again.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:03 am
Craz says...

|Louis Chester|

He was in a different world. Black white black white. Dark, dirty walls, bright barred windows. A cold hard floor, a blistering breeze. Sneering teeth, lifeless eyes, saliva on a shoe, a black eye. Outside, a bird called. The teacher locks the window.

He's sweating. The heat breathes down his neck and the smelly guy behind him does as well. Louis's face muscles have gone slack and he pants through his mouth. The teacher is walking around the front of the class, gesturing and flapping his jaw up and down but the only thing coming out of his mouth are muted grunts and wails. Next to him one of the kids leans over and says something to the guy behind him, and he talks the same. Louis turns his head to look at the man next to him, but he moves in slow motion. The guy gives him a dirty look. Louis looks back to the teacher.

A bell suddenly rings. The room is full of motion and then is empty except for the teacher, who seems to yell and gesture at him. Louis stands, mutely collecting his things, and leaves. He can't remember where he's supposed to go so he stands in the doorway, grasping at a thought to hold on to.

Oh right. It's lunch.

Once he is out of the doorway, he feels the oppressing heat leave him and his mind heal. In the hallway the heat has been stirred and Louis's movement makes a subtle breeze, and he closes his eyes briefly to savor them. He sighs, enjoying the moment alone in the hallway. He is jolted awake when someone shoves from behind.

"Timber!" He heard. Laughter, muted as if his ears resumed their earlier deafness. He propped up his knee, weighed himself on it, and stood.

He was shoved back down, and he has the impression of a boot on his back. He stayed down, pressing his nose into the stain on the floor. It was not the first time he had gone through this process. If he stayed down, they'll leave him alone. If stayed down, it would be easier.

"Goddamn," he heard. "He's a fucking giant."

"What'd you think he did to get into this shithole?"

"Why isn't he doing anything? Is he retarded?"

"Shut up." This came from the one on his back. The boot shifted, eased off of him. It was working - the threat of dominance was turning into a false alarm. Louis didn't dare move. Then Louis's submission escelated into alarm as he felt a bit of cold metal under his eye.

"Wadda think, should we introduce him into our school like proper young gentleman?" The guy said into his ear.

"Yeah, introduce him to the pavement!"

"Shut the fuck up, Juan."

"Let's see..." He paused, lightly tapping the blade on Louis's cheek. "How about... a nice little snake, right here under his eye."

The other guys enthusiastically agreed. Louis's eyes widened, but his body stayed limp, as if denying the threat entirely. He grunted and wanted to move but all he could do was twitch his finger. He squeezed his eyes shut as the bit of silver pressed under his eye.

"Someone wanna tell me what the hell is going on?" A deep feminine voice said, and the blade retreated a bit.

"The fuck is it to you? Keep walking."

"Yeah!"

"Shut up, Juan. Hey, isn't you that... Black-something chick? That one that messed up Marcus?"

"Wait, Dimitri. Maybe we should..."

The girl interrupted with a snort. "Maybe. Is this some sort of gang-bang ritual you stupid worms do to the new kids?"

"Worms? Who do you think you're talking to?" The guy on his back stood, putting his wieght on Louis's back. Louis glanced around, eager to see who the girl was. He stopped moving when the guy dug his heel into his spine.

"You, dumb ass. Why don't you try to put that blade to my face and see what happens?"

The guy jumped off of his back and he heard the shuffling of feet as the three others moved as well. It was quiet, and then the sound of skin on skin. Louis flinched, terror buckling in his throat and a cold tremor shaking his huge body. His vision went white, blood was on his hands, his mother was screaming, and-

"Bitch! Bitch broke my nose!"

"You've done it now, Blackfire, you've done it now!"

"Come on, let's go. Red'll fix this."

Feet, running off down the hallway.

Louis breathed heavily. The click of shoes, the edge of boots in front of his face.

"You can get up. They're gone now." She said. Louis hesitated, then slowly got up off of the floor. His cheek stung and his back ached. He towered over her, as he did to everyone. He looked at her out of the corner of his eye, under his brow, his eyes unsure on what to land on.

"I don't know what the hell your problem is," she said, "but grow a pair and use them. The douchebags at this school will eat you aive if you let them."

She stalked down the hallway, twisting in a pair earphones and pulling a phone out of her pocket. Louis listened to her footsteps well after she had disappeared.

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn