z

Young Writers Society

The Arena

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:16 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Um....this is my first time doing this so I'm kinda confused.

Rules

Kinda just basic stuff, you can choose from any race you want be it giants, dragons, elves, etc. As always, your character cant be over powered and your character CAN DIE. so be careful. Your characters can interact but cannot fight each other unless one of your characters are willing to die which will be voted by popular consent, voting for a character's death can help you move up in the rankings so you can use that to your advantage.

Plot

You can start outside the arena, in fact, you can start anywhere you want but you will inevitably end up in the arena one way or another. You can start in a group with someone or you can be a lone wolf.You are being hunted by an unknown enemy that The King (A mysterious figure who has risen to power and has all governments on a leash) has deployed that cannot be killed and will trap you and take you to the arena if it finds you. You can either make a run for the nearest city and build a resistance or you can be captured and try to fight your way to the top in the arena and be granted an audience with The King. Your choice.

Ways to Win

There are three ways to win. If you make a resistance you can hunt for one of the legendary weapons. There are two of them somewhere in the city you decide to run to. With these you can kill your unknown enemy who cannot be hurt by normal weapons, free all the other gladiators, rally an army, and assault The King.

Spoiler! :
Difficulty: Pretty Hard, If you're good at writing yourself out of literary traps then try this.

The second way is to fight your way to the top of the arena and grant yourself an audience with The King. From there you have a chance to assassinate The King and appoint yourself the new leader of everything.

Spoiler! :
Difficulty: Inconceivably impossible, only the best of the best can do this.

The last way to win is to find the second legendary weapon somewhere in the arena and lead a rebellion from inside.

Spoiler! :
Difficulty: Intermediate, probably the easiest choice.

Presets

The Warrior

Pros

With a fast and agile frame, the warrior usually carries a one handed weapon as to have one hand free to block. The warrior uses light armor for increased agility and quicker strikes that can wound an opponent before they attack. Warriors always have daggers in case they are disarmed in combat and are equally skilled with a bow. The warrior can strike with both his shield and his sword to fend off two opponents at once and can block most projectiles.

Cons

The warrior cannot take on more than four to five foes at once. He is very susceptible to melee weapons and longer weapons like spears or battleaxes. The warrior is extremely vulnerable to sorcerers, especially those who use fire although protective enchantments can be acquired.

The Shield Master

Pros

His only weapon being a shield, The shield master has a perfect balance of speed, offense, and defense. Excellent at dealing with many enemies at once. The shield master can block every attack and has one hand free to grab and break limbs. The shield master wears heavy armor and can ignore most one handed attacks while dealing swift and deadly blows. As an added bonus, the shield master has amazing control over earth magic, a great offensive skill but very costly in energy.

Cons

While being very effective at close combat, the shield master has a limited range and has trouble dealing with enemies who use spears and such. He has a slower attack speed and lower damage output than the warrior due to the fact that he only uses one weapon. His earth magic is costly stamina and energy wise so you cannot use it much more than two or three times.

The Sorcerer

Pros

The sorcerer is a magical killing machine, able to use all magics at one time without running out of energy. The sorcerer can cast enchantments over himself to give himself armor and can summon ethereal minions to his side (albeit weak ones). The sorcerer can also reanimate dead bodies to fight for him and create ethereal weapons to fight with.

Cons

The sorcerer is vulnerable to long ranged attacks since he has a harder time blocking than most. He can deal with longer range weapons but if anyone gets behind his guard he will fall almost immediately. The sorcerer must also ration his energy, he cannot just cast spells indefinitely otherwise he will run out of energy and become completely vulnerable to any attack.

The Archer

Pros

The archer can take on any enemy, with the longest ranged attacks he can hit any unshielded enemy with the utmost accuracy. The archer can also do quite a bit of damage with the dual hunting knives he carries if he gets inside the enemies guard.
The archer is also the only person who can hit flying enemies like dragons or wvyrens.

Cons

The archer needs support. He has a supreme disadvantage versus any melee attacks. He also has a hard time with shielded targets like the warrior or the shield master. Sorcerers also have a chance to burn his arrows out of the air.

Spoiler! :
You cannot use any presets if you are a dragon or a giant, but then again, do you really need them?

P.S: You dont have to PM me or anything, just write up your character piece below.
Last edited by StupidSoup on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Jay, The Archer:

I opened my eyes to the sucking black void. A ringing filled my ears and i felt an upward sensation. I rolled over on my back and felt around me for something...anything, to hold onto. Eventually, i realized i was in some sort of elevator. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself as the upward sensation increased. I repeated the Mantra of the Third Eye, a common ritual for the monks of Mount Eldenfrost.

"Calm the body
Calm the soul
Only then
Can your talent flow"

I took deep breaths and felt the elevator slowed. My mind wandered back to how i got here. The monks were right, i was to headstrong, i should've stayed at the temple, this was not the path to success, this was not enlightenment, the crucible of battle was a lie and i fell for it like a dog coveting a bone. I felt gears turning and a slow groan as the wood gate above me opened. The elevator ascended to the top and i slowly stepped out. A grassy meadow stretched around me. Instinctively, i pulled my bow and checked my quiver. At least they didnt take my weapons and armor. I took a step back into the elevator and grabbed my armor, a tan body length robe with leather/fur gloves, boots, and pauldrons. I put them on, then ventured into the meadow. Apparently the meadow didnt go on forever, ahead of me loomed a thick woodland, to my left some miles away, a grassy marsh, and to my right, a slope which led into a deep valley. I took stock of my options, suddenly, i heard something. What was that? Voices? I closed my eyes and poured my conciousness into my ears, slowly, my senses dwindled away until i could neither see, smell, or feel, but my hearing had increased tenfold. The Eldenfrost academy was ranked the best archery/meditation academy in the province, me one of their best students, had extensive training in mastering my senses. Now i picked up a faint voice to my right, somewhere near the center of the valley. I allowed my senses to return,then opened my eyes. A thought popped into my head, I scanned followed the treeline of the woodland, it spread around the valley, a perfect place to shadow someone in the valley. That decided, i focused on my eyes, I searched for the source of the voice and located a body, about my height (6'2). Keeping my eye on the newcomer, i smoothed my shaggy brown hair, flipped up my hood, and set off into the woods.

P.S: I just wanna make this clear,
Spoiler! :
THIS STORYBOOK WILL BE OPEN FOREVER AND TO EVERYONE, just abide by the rules and anyone can join
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer