z

Young Writers Society

A.M.M.O

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

There are two races on Earth. Humans and Mashers.
They are at war.

You are a Masher who is trying to shut down A.M.M.O.

What are Mashers?

A Masher is a common nickname for a human being who was genetically altered before birth. At the time, the craze "Mash ups" was popular, and a lot of parents were paying for this new IVF miracle. Those who could afford it usually had more than one child with genetically altered DNA (quite a few opted for twins), but ones who couldn't went to extremes to have at least one child that was a Masher. Parents chose what DNA they wanted to be bonded with which animal's and at the end of the 9 months they would have a child with most likely visible results. Not all children took on the features of the animal, some had internal differences or hardly noticeable differences (enhanced vision, ect;). After the first 12 months, this was banned, and already 10,000 babies were born a Masher.
There are only 500 left.

What does A.M.M.O stand for and who are they?

A.M.M.O stands for Association Mash-up Management Organization. But many Mashers say it stands for "Annihilate Many Mashers Organization".
Many of the A.M.M.O agents are ironically Mashers themselves, all of which are not visibly Mashers. They believe that they are "the better race", that they succeeded at birth unlike the others. Less than half of the agents are in actual fact human.
A.M.M.O are considered saviors. They are everywhere - on posters, on TV, patrolling the streets. Humans view them as protectors rather than shameless murderers. The fact that many A.M.M.O agents are Mashers is hidden from the public, as the government believes that it will turn citizens against them. That is why Masher agents do not have visible attributes.

What you need to know:

Most Mashers live underground, the odd few live above surface, in fact, some stay above surface and live normal lives because they are not known to be Mashers. There are many groups of Mashers in the city of New York, some even resent each other, having petty reasons such as stealing food supplies. Sometimes even groups have mini wars in the sewers (in which they live).
The group that you belong to is know as the The Remnant. You live on the east side of NY. You have two leaders.
Your specific group has shut down quite a few A.M.M.O bases and took down many agents. But this is still not enough. A.M.M.O must fall.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Age:[/b] (between 19 and 25)
[b]Visible/not visible Masher:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Flaws:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Up for Love:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Spoiler! :
Leader 1: Archer Moore (@IamTraunt)
Leader 2: Alleira Kaigenis (@Aurora99)
Substitute Leader: Javan Chleode (@Wolfare1)
Other: Isis "Cherry" Ciara (@Avalon)
Other: Zola Wilson (@Skydreamer)
Other: Indiana Rose (@Lylas)
Other: Iggy Morris (@Nightcrawler)
Other: Benca Syx (@etherealember)
Other: Sawyer Henson (thelostone)
Other: Satinka Bloodgood (@AlmondEyes)

Are you ready for the challenge?
Last edited by IamTraunt on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

254 Reviews

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:07 am
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

So, here's a link to discuss character relationships (Romance, friends, enemies; ect). This has really helped me and others out in SB's to involve other character's in our posts, so it is definitely worth checking out:

http://iamtraunt.writerfeedpad.com/4

Also, here's a link to another EtherPad to discuss plot ideas, twists and mission strategies:

http://iamtraunt.writerfeedpad.com/5

Spoiler! :
Info on A.M.M.O Agents:

The uniform of the A.M.M.O Agents is bold and easily seen. They wear dark blue cargo pants, and blue jackets underneath a bullet proof vest. In large bold, white letters on the back of the bullet proof jackets is A.M.M.O. You can spot them from a mile off. Around their waists are weapons holder, usually carrying a stun gun. [Other tech can be used. Knock out gas; ect. You can include other forms of weaponry, but don't go overboard or out of this world.] Most wear helmets with a glass shield to protect their eyes.

There is a hierarchy between them. Normal agents just wear blue uniforms. Second in commands have a silver rim around helmet and on cuffs on jacket. Commanders aren't usually out in the field, but they have gold cuffs and a gold badge on their jackets. Commanders are a great catch - if you do come across one, killing them will cause chaos as they control Agents and plan out missions. Agents will be in disarray.

A.M.M.O agents usually travel by foot, as they patrol the streets, night and day. But some do travel by trucks. There is not a single minute without a patrol going on.
Before you judge me...

― Mark Twain

254 Reviews

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:11 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

So... After the long wait, here it is! I know it is a little short but there wasn't really much to say. I'll let you guys enjoy yourselves and carry on from me! Hope you like :P

Spoiler! :
The Vestige and Legacy are just other Masher groups.
Also, The Remnant live in a large room which is full of pipes that run through the ceiling (it is large and spacious as the pipes are fairly high up. Other groups live in electrical piping rooms, other pipe filled rooms; ect.

Archer Moore - Dean's Garage

Rubbing my temples, I strained my eyes to see the map laid out on the table, thinking hard. We were in desperate need of supplies, especially food. Running my finger along one of the streets, I sighed irritably. Getting our next meal was usually up to me - I had to remember the current shops we stole from so that I could pick one we hadn't visited in a long time. If we constantly went to the same ones, A.M.M.O would see the pattern and lay a trap for us. I couldn't let that happen. It was all resting on me to pick the right destination.

Slumping in my seat, I looked around the old garage, thick cobwebs lying everywhere. Dean's garage. Who knew where Dean was now. I had always wondered. This place had been shut down because the guy was in debt, all the envelopes were stacked up in a messy pile on the front door step. Of course, I never took the front way. Besides, it meant I had a place to work and spend a little time to myself. Plus, there was a man hole near by that I could just slip through. A five minute walk back to the lair.

Maybe I should send them to a Bakers, I thought, licking my lips. I exhaled again. No. It won't last us very long. I was sick to the teeth of canned food. Just shelves and shelves of canned beans and other unappetizing meals. Except the shelves are almost empty.

We needed food. Desperately.

Alleira and Javan were discussing what route for her to take. She was planning on patrolling the sewers with some others; protecting our base was one of our most important priorities. We lived there, ate there, worked there - if it wasn't a damn good home then I didn't know what it was. That place had taken us through everything.

Dean's was where we had our meetings. I couldn't remember the last time anyone else had been up here - apart from Javan and Alleira, although I still felt uneasy having those two in the untidy base, but I couldn't do anything about it. Alleira wasn't one to argue with.

"So... who are you planning on taking?" I asked, directing my question at Alleira, who looked at me in the stern way she always did. I had always wondered what she had against me.

"I was thinking Indiana, Zola and Finn." She raised an eyebrow, as if daring me to challenge her. I just nodded and watched her play with her lip piercing. "Well? Who are you taking?"

I sighed. "When I figure out where I am going, I will think about who with." She flicked a strand of hair over her shoulder haughtily and snorted, not meeting my eyes. I bite my lip, slightly annoyed, but then I just smile.

My eyes scanned the map once more and a shop called Bowery's caught my attention. We hadn't been there in a long time. "Alright. I'll take Cherry and Iggy with me to Bowery's shop. Javan, you're staying here with Benca and Satinka. Is that alright?"

"Right, of course," he grumbled sarcastically. "I'm expected to just sit at the base like a good little boy. Especially with that suck-up."

"Just do what you're told," Alleira snapped. I was going to open my mouth to say something, but reluctantly shut it. Sparking Alleira's temper was the last thing I wanted to do. A good team is a close one.

"Alleira, watch out for The Vestige. Apparently their base got trashed last night by Legacy after they stole from them. They'll be roaming about nearby, so be careful. Take some guns if needs be," I advised. She gave me an I know look, obviously irritated. "You too, Javan. They could try to seize base."

"I would never let that happen," replies Javan. I nod, knowing that none of our members would let that happen without a fight. I could count on every one of them.

Hopefully everything would run smoothly.
Before you judge me...

― Mark Twain

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:47 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

Zola Wilson - Remnant Base

The air was dank and rusty as Zola awoke from her sleep hearing voices and footsteps. She tried to continue to sleep, but once awake, she couldn't really fall back to sleep. Sighing, she sat up a little, resting her elbows on the material she slept on. Zola slept on a mattress on the floor, a humble but comfortable position in the large room "home" which doubled as a base for the Remnant. Looking around, she noticed a lot of the others were already awake. I'm not surprised. Her mind spoke. She was one of the few Remnants who often overslept. What could she say? She was more of a night person. Moving her body further up from her bed, she smiled at the thought.

The previous night she finally convinced Archer to let her play some fun music in the stolen boom box they had. It was an out of date copy so the store was probably glad it was stolen. She took some music the last time she was allowed above ground and she could not wait to play it. Of course not everyone would agree with random music being played especially if it was annoying, but she begged until Archer allowed her to play one or two songs. She was so happy at her victory and instantly played an upbeat song. It was a little annoying she had to admit, she couldn't pick the classiest style of music while only having a few seconds to snatch and run, but it was fun music and she instantly broke out dancing.

And she wanted to pull in some gloomy looking people, but, gloomy looking people that wouldn't kill her. She didn't dare go to the following people; Alleria, Javan, and Satinka. They all gave her looks that told her to stay at least ten feet away from them, much more go and ask them to dance with her. She they probably didn't really have anything against her, but just didn't want her to bother them. So, she pulled people she was comfortable with. First she got Benca to move a little bit, although he merely shook his head at her and gave her a small chuckle. She tried to pull him over, getting him close to her made her senses go overdrive for whatever reason, but he pulled away from her easily, and stepped to the far side of the room. She just shrugged it off and got Ceila up, then got Archer and Indie and Finn up, she even thought to get Cherry but she didn't really see her anywhere.

As Zola was twirling at one point she noticed Isaac, or Iggy as he liked to be called sitting against a wall, he looked, as usual, like he needed to be cheered up. She didn't know what he was doing, but she felt compelled to stop dancing and ask him to dance. He always seemed to automatically exclude himself from things and she found that strange. The second song was already playing, and hearing how pop-culture, it sounded, she knew it would be the last one she would be allowed to play. Not everyone was in a listening-to-light-jump-up-and-down-music mood, especially while they were underground because their masher race was being hunted down. Yet, she was, she hadn't listened to such uppity music in a while and she wanted to express her joy.

Hopping over to where he sat (literally), she smiled at him and took a seat beside him. He didn't really seem to notice her until she did so, and then he jumped slightly out of surprise as his tail curled behind him. He looked a little annoyed. Zola hoped she didn't really bother him.

"Hey," She said, grinning then.

He flicked his slit pupils to the side suspiciously, like Zola was pulling something. He cautiously tugged at his slouch hat, like he was worried that she had seen something he didn't want her to.

"Hi, Zola."

"Why aren't you dancing? Is it the music, because trust me, it's not really my type either, but it's music and good for dancing." She gave a little shimmy of her shoulder as she said the word 'dancing'.

"Um," he commented, looking around her to see if anyone else was dancing. He turned his eyes back to her, his tail whipping nervously behind him. "I dunno... I guess I'm just not good at it. Never learned how."

"Really?" Her eyes widened, and then another smile crept on her face. "Better late then never, though, right? Look, nobody here really knows how to dance. I mean, look at them!" She said laughing at the few people actually dancing.

"Well... I dunno..." Iggy didn't look convinced.

"Well, I know. Come on, you're dancing." She stood up. "No more sitting here all by yourself." She murmured. "Time to have fun, Iggy!" She giggled as she took his hand and led him up. He was reluctant to stand, but she was persistent and eventually got him on his feet and dragged him to the center of the room.

Iggy froze when he realized that everyone was looking at him. His hat shifted as his ears laid back on his head in apprehension. He glanced at Zola, fearful.

"I really, really don't know how to do this. I think I better go sit down..." He turned to leave, but Zola grabbed his arm. She started swinging both of their arms and doing all kinds of weird moves as a pop song blared from the speakers. Iggy seemed to look at her like she was crazy, but she didn't care.

"Twirl me, Iggy!" She asked playfully.

He looked at her, mortified, but good-naturedly twisted her around, then pulled away. Zola laughed, and he started to relax by the tiniest degree. Filled with excitement she begged him to spin her a couple more times. He obliged and Zola couldn't think of a time when she had this much fun, that and she didn't want to. She noticed that he got more relaxed at each spin and was even moving along with her a bit. Unfortunately the music ended too soon, and everybody had enough of it, so it was the last song. Even though she wanted to keep dancing, a part of her was happy that it was over because she remembered about her sweat. Apparently, dancing with a boy made her more nervous than usual, causing her to sweat more. Not wanting to put anyone in danger she pulled down her long sleeved shirt more to cover her hands and stepped a bit away from Iggy. But she had so much fun.

Iggy grinned at her, seeming to forget about his pointed canines for the moment. He seemed more relaxed and content than Zola had ever seen him.

"Thanks for teaching me, Zola. I had... I had fun." She grinned back at him.

"Pshh, I didn't teach you anything. You were a natural." She was really happy seeing him like that.

"Natural..." Iggy murmured, as if that was a new word to him. Zola realized that he had probably been told that he was unnatural, a freak made by man, his entire life. It made her want to make him dance more, he really actually was good, but it made her want to see him happy. It was now like a mission for her. She too was told that she was unnatural and a freak. She was told she was a weapon. If she didn't decide to allow happiness to rule her life, she could very well be a monster.

"So next time, which might be in a few years with all the nightmares above, we should dance again?" She offered, smiling and unconciously twirling the tips of her blue hair.

"I'd like that," Iggy smiled gently. "I think that I'd like that."

Still feeling the excitment after recalling the previous night, Zola jumped out of bed and started towards the "kitchen" area, basically their storage unit for food. Stunned that they were really short on food, she decided to just go take a walk around the Underground. Maybe practice her ability to walk on walls, or meet some of the other Mashers who were more friendly. There were incidents of clashes, and they always had to protect the base, but she felt she could trust some of them. As she walked out she caught Benca pulling on his jacket, before he completely put it on she noticed his wings and felt a strange pang in her stomach. Ignoring the weird sensation she stepped out, she'd tease him about it later.

Zola absolutely loved the Underground. The fact that it was never complete silence because somewhere there was always water dripping, and the fact that it was slightly dark, and slightly aquatic, made her feel comfortable. She knew that her DNA being part frog allowed her to appreciate and enjoy dark and water surrounded places, even if they were a bit dingy and dirty. However, she was an Amazonian breed so she wished for more plants. All there was, was concrete. Longing for more plants, Zola ran her fingers across the concrete wall, picturing vines growing from it.

"Why can't I have some kind of power?" She wondered aloud. "I can kill people with my sweat, my tears. I can probably climb up to those pipes," She turned her head towards the pipes that ran across the ceiling. "But I can't grow plants, the only thing I want down here." She laughed at the irony. They were mutants technically, but not in the way everyone expected them to be. They can't blast ice from their fingertips, or create plants from nothing. She smiled, it was still cool to have some abilities though. Starting forward, Zola knew exactly who she wanted to see before being called to do anything, by one of the leaders. Deciding if she was going to practice wall climbing, she might as well get some help from a half-spider.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:20 am
View Likes
elysian says...

Indiana

The salty tears streamed down my pink cheeks. The longing was overwhelming. I came here often, when I couldn't handle it. The small light coming from the opening in the rock tempted me, and made me feel wild. I couldn't fly. It frustrated me on end, and made me feel hopeless.

I was mixed with a Parrot, so everything about me was wild. I felt the instinct to fly away, to go above all this mess, to just stretch. But I was trapped underground, where no bird should be.

This was such a dramatic change from Africa. Africa was so vibrant, so lively, before they started the war. My parents hid me and flew me here, to America, where the wars hadn't started.

But they have now, and it's worse than I could have ever imagined. We can't go out but a few times every month, if that. There isn't much of us left.

I turn away from the beautiful blue sky to hear the music playing in the other room. I instantly felt joy as I heard a pop song with some African vibe. I started towards the room.

Zola was dancing in the middle of the room along with Archer and some other Mashers that I didn't really converse with. Not that I didn't like them, just hadn't got to know them personally. Archer saw me and started half dancing half walking over to me.

He bowed and reached out his hand, "May I have this dance?" he said in his most sophisticated tone.

"Why of course!" I giggled. I grabbed his hand and he led me to the center of the room. We started swing dancing, and I added some of my African dances in there. He looked at me as the song slowed down a little.

"What's wrong Indie?" He frowned. I just looked down.

"It's just hard to be inside all the time. Don't worry about it." I looked back up and smiled. He quickly kissed my fingers and kept twirling me.

"How long did she beg to get you to play this?" I rose my eyebrow and laughed. He shook his head and smiled, not answering. I knew she must've pushed him on it for a while. Of course he wanted to make her happy, but he was also feeling somber in this time, and it was hard to think anyone would be in the mood for dancing.

"We're going to have to get more food soon, I'm sending you out this time." He whispered as we got close.

The song ended and the sound of clapping filled the room. Archer took my hand and led me out of the gathering room to go down one of the many tunnels in the layer.

"Anyways, we're probably going to have to go soon. Tomorrow morning? You're going with Alleria." His mouth was in a firm line, as if he was upset about this.

"What's wrong?" I briefly touched his face but let my hand drop.

"Nothing." He brushed the question off. We continued walking, and he let go of my hand and put them in his pockets. I didn't know what to call us, we weren't together, but we did hold hands a lot. I had faintly daydreamed about kissing, but I knew he didn't think the same way. He probably thought of me as a friend.

He sighed. "We should get back." He turned the corner to go back to the gathering room. I followed, and then suddenly stopped looking up at the sky. There was a small opening, slightly larger than the one in the other room, in the ceiling.

I suddenly forgot where I was, It was just me and the sky, dotted with white. The tears came, and I couldn't help myself. It was so beautiful. I wanted to be free. Away. I wanted to be above all this.

Archer squeezed my hand, pulling me back to reality. "Indiana? Are you okay?" He's eyes were so full of worry it almost made me cry more. I took my hand from his and wiped my tears.

"I'm absolutely fine." I answered quickly. It took all my strength but I smiled at him. I could tell I didn't fool him because he took my hand again, and then he leaned in and kissed the tears on my cheek.

The feeling of his lips lingered for a while and I closed my eyes. About a minute later, I smiled at him. "Let's go back."
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:51 pm
View Likes
deleted3 says...

Benca Syx

4:30am. Benca opened his eyes, taking in a deep breath of subterranean air. He wrinkled his nose. Nothing like yesterday’s stale air. He longed for open skies, and his wings gave a shiver as he thought of flight. He got up from the sideways position he always slept in. He turned and made his bed swiftly, leaving it creaseless. His grey jacket was hanging on one of the many pipes that made up the walls of his room, and he left it there. It was unlikely that he was going above ground today, and he preferred to leave his wings unrestrained unless he needed to hide them.

He made his way to the antechamber, the larger space that the Remnants used as a common space. He looked up at a pipe which hung slightly below the vast meshwork of pipes going in all directions heading into unseen places within the underground network of the city. He spread his wings and felt them vibrate almost on their own accord. The hum they made was music to his ears, even though they pushed strenuously against the thick recycled air.

Benca floated off the ground at a wide angle, hovering an arms length off the ground, then zipping another level up and spiralled up to the pipe. He grabbed the pipe as soon as it was in reach, and hovered for a second before settling his wings on his back and allowed the pipe to take his weight. He began doing his pull ups, counting five hundred of them. On the last one, he pulled up and hooked his knees over the pipe, hanging upside down, and immediately did two hundred crunches.

Then while upside down, he unhooked his legs, let himself drop, and grabbed another pipe on his way down to flip himself right way up, landing in a crouched position. He took a couple of deep breaths which couldn’t really be called panting, then stood up and got himself something to eat. The workout helped clear his head, and got him ready for whatever task Commander Archer and Alleira had for him. Unfortunately, it also made his memories sharper...

“Benca, you will leave tomorrow.”
“Sir...”
“You will protect your mother, you will protect your brother, and you will not return until the threat is neutralised. Understood?”
“Father!”
“Do you understand!”
“I...”
“Boy...”
“Understood, sir. Where... will I go?”
“That is up to you. Do not tell me. Do not tell your mother, or your brother. Disappear.”
“Yes... yes, sir.”
Benca’s father put his hand on his right shoulder, with a squeeze that betrayed the emotions he rarely showed. His father turned away as a tear escaped down his hardened face.
“I want you gone by 0600 hours. Your mother will try and stop you if she realises what you’re doing. So I want you gone before they wake up.”

Benca placed a palm on the table edge, gripping it tightly. The sooner he annihilated every last member of A.M.M.O., the sooner he could return to his family. He finished his polony sandwich and wiped his mouth with the back of his palm.

His fellow Remnants were not the most disciplined unit he could hope to be a part of, but they somehow had the best track record of all the rebel masher groups in the city. He looked up as the first of his team woke up. It was Satinka, alert and ready for anything. At least she would be reliable in a fight.

As the chamber filled up with members of the Remnants, Benca leaned against a pipe, observing them, and analysing who would be an asset in potential mission scenarios. He thought about the strategies from The Art of War and how he could put them into action.

Later, Archer entered the chamber, looking like he was on his way out.

“Commander Archer. What is the mission brief?” asked Benca, standing to attention.
Archer turned to face Benca. “You, Javan and Satinka are on base guarding duty tonight.

“Yes Commander.” He nodded and turned to begin a systematic check of the entrances into the pipe chambers that they had established as their territory. Benca was quietly glad that Javan was on his squad tonight. Javan needed someone to keep an eye on him. In the last mission, Javan had his own ideas about following orders – mainly not doing so. He didn’t seem to be aware, or care that his tendency to keep trying to prove something showed his lack of discipline, which could put lives at risk. Archer wasn’t going to address it, so Benca took it on himself to keep Javan in line. That didn’t make him popular, but Benca couldn’t care less.

By the time Archer left, Satinka was brooding on her own. Benca began pacing the base and noted Satinka’s growing irritation. He noticed Archer wink at her when she caught his eye, and observed her response from a distance. She scowled and began taking apart and cleaning her gun.
Last edited by deleted3 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Love to Live, Live to Love <--- My Motto
http://ekarimbvundula.blogspot.com <--- My Blog
Follow me on:
https://twitter.com/EtherealEmber <--- My Twitter

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:14 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Cherry - Sweet as a Cherry, as Dangerous as a Bomb

Cherry crossed her ankles as she wrote in her business ledger for all the night's profits dancers, strippers, alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks. She spun her pen in her hand as she did mental calculations on the math then finally writing it down in the blank square. The week had been a bit more fruitful than other weeks which made up for what happened a few weeks back when a Masher came in the club being chased by two agents. Cherry was seething in anger for when she had to shut down due to the casualties a shot out had occurred. That's when the door to her office flew open two grown muscled men and a third smaller, thinner man accompanied between the two fighting and kicking to break there grasp but to no avail.

"What the hell do you think you bastards are doing, let me the fuck go now!" he yelled.

The two muscled men pushed the yelling one to his knees getting his arms locked tight behind him. Cherry didn't mind him though and kept working in the ledger with only a small "keep him there" for the guards. Cherry continued to write in the ledger as the man talked and muttered curses to the entire room, Cherry finally closed the ledger sat it off to the side of her office desk then clasped her hands together and looked at the man expectedly.

"Mr. Glasscof, I have heard from a few of my prostitutes that unfamiliar women have been seen around the corners near the Red Allure, these wouldn't happen to be your women now would they?" she said.

"Yeah, and what of it bitch?" he sneered.

"This causes a problem as I've explictly made it clear to all pimps in the city of New York that this city belongs to me. If they want to do any illegal business here they need my permission and are to send 25% of their profits to me at the end of the week. Neither of which you have done Mr. Glasscof," she said.

"And who the hell are you? a stupid whore acting as if she's this Cherry guy I hear about," he said.

Cherry rose from her desk as it suddenly dawned on her that this was someone who was completely new to the New York Underworld. Patiently she walked around her desk never losing eye contact with the bold man who didn't even learn who Cherry was. She clasped her hands behind her back as her movements were silent, and her tone deadly.

"Mr. Glasscof," she said in almost a whisper, "I am Cherry I run the criminal underworld and New York City. Everything that happens in this city happens with my knowledge and approval,"

She walked up to him and he had suddenly lost his defying tongue and with one hand she cupped his chin. She leans in close almost as if she were going to kiss but stops and whispers only something he would hear.

"I'm willing to offer you a deal, 35% percent of your profits become my profits and you forfeit half of your stables to me as payment for your open defiance. You will take this deal or you will learn what it means to be afraid, very afraid of me. Have we reached an understanding?" she said.

Without waiting for his answer she stop up properly and turned away and took a few steps back to her desk. Then she waited a moment before finally saying "get him out of here."
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:23 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

|Satinka|

I move at a leisure pace through the old man's house, looking at the pictures that hugged the walls as he watched me, sipping on his weird ass tea that I couldln't pronounce. He was an odd one. His hair was the color of freshly fallen morning snow a and looked as soft. He kept it combed back to the nape of his neck, curling over the collar of his shirt. The man had to be pushing sixty or seventy, but he didn't look any older then fifty. When he stood, his back was straight, though most would have walked with a slight hunch. He walked like a man with a strength and purpose that anyone would notice, though from what I understood, he was retired. The warmth in his Whiskey colored eyes are what brought me here in the first place. Behind those eyes was something else. It made me wonder what else was there as I sat down in an arm chair across from him.

"Tea?" Malikai smiled, the laugh lines around his eyes and mouth becoming more pronounced.

I narrow my eyes at him, and he raises an eyebrow. "Something wrong with tea?"

"I just prefer something a bit... Stronger," my mouth twitched as I said so, and I set down one of my Cutlass.

His eyes follow with a tsk. "Oh no, missy. No guns on the coffee table."

I look at him like he's crazy. "Why not?"

"It's not very lady like," he wags a finger at me, as if I should know better.

The only thing I can think is...What the hell? Reaching for my Cutlass, I put it back in it's holster. "Well excuse me for my lack of table manners."

"All is forgiven, young one." he smiled once more, the twinkle in his Eyes unmistakable.

I roll my eyes, the smile I was fighting getting the better of me. I just couldn't help it when I looked into his eyes.

The sound of something scraping along the floor snapped me out of my memory, and out of pure reflex, one of my Cutlass are aimed toward the sound as my head snaps to. Iggy jumps back a step, putting his hands up. Iggy. In his beanie that covered his pointed ears and wearing his usual garb. Loose jeans, a hoodie, and Converse. His hair covered his cat eyes for the most part, but I could always see them. He was such a sweet person.

"Iggy." I put my cutlass back down on the table beside the other disassembled one. "Morning."

Iggy clears his throat before taking his seat. "Morning."

As I went back to my guns, Archer walks in, and then Benca, one of the newer mashers, came to the position of attention. “Commander Archer. What is the mission brief?”

My hand twitched as if on the trigger. He had the likeness of a robot in my opinion. The perfect soldier. It bugged the hell out of me.

Archer turned to face Benca. “You, Javan and Satinka are on base guarding duty tonight.

Great. Now I was stuck with him. Benca nodded. “Yes Commander.”

Before Archer took his leave, his eyes scanned the room, landing on me. He winked, and damn if I didn't have the decency to actually blush as he walked away, which pissed me off. Benca began to pace, making me want to shoot him in his knees caps. Instead of letting the urge get the better of me, I take apart my other gun and begin cleaning, when I suddenly hear Malikai's voice in my head, Tsking and wagging his finger at me.

Shooting a man in the knee caps because he annoys you wouldn't be very lady like.

And then there was the twinkle in his eyes. I rolled mine as I smiled. I still couldn't resist, even after he was gone.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Alleira Kaigenis

I twist one of the rings on my fingers as I wait for Archer to descend down the ladder into the sewers. As soon as I hear him hit the ground, I scurry down after him, nimbly landing without a sound.

"Javan, who's on patrol right now?"

He turns to meet my eyes and replies, "Benca and Satinka. That's why they're staying with me back at base."

Following Archer down the dark, narrow passage way, we take a left and the stench of rotting sewage hits me. I wonder if I would ever get used to it. Wooden posts line the passageway, threaded with rope, making sure we didn't fall. They weren't really much help.

I mentally calculate how long it would take me to arrive at the base and load some guns with bullets. That reminded me...

"Archer! What are the chances of you being able to get your hands on some bullets?"

"I'll try to get some when I can, but they're pretty hard to find." I nod.

"By the way, I've been meaning to talk to you about Cherry."

"What about her?"

I choose my words carefully. You never knew who was listening. "I don't entirely trust her. Just watch her on today's raid, would you?"

He glances at me and shrugs. "Yeah, sure."

Ten minutes after we reach base, I'm ready to leave. Javan must have informed Zola, Indiana, Iggy, and Finn, because they wait for me just outside the perimeter. I sling my bow over one shoulder.

"Well, we're all here, so we might as well go. Does everybody have their weapons?" They all nod. "Well, come on then." We set off in silence. I stop at a branch in the tunnels. "We're splitting up here. Zola and Iggy, go that way, and Indiana and Finn, we're going in the opposite direction." Everyone nods at me, and I set off at a brisk walk down the tunnel system.

We walk in silence for a while, and I resist the urge to relax. A slight breeze comes down the tunnel, and I breathe in the-

Fresh air.

I stop in my tracks.

"Is something here?" I signal for Indiana to stop talking. Sniffing the air, I catch the scent of outside. Following it, and my instincts, I take a right at the next branch. We're nearly back to the base. A shadow flickers in front of us, and we all go on alert.

As I turn around, I see a man standing there. He's surrounded by two girls and a boy.

All three of the hold guns, pointed at us. "Drop your weapons," he says.

I let my bow sag, as if I'm seriously considering it. Using their moment of hesitation to their disadvantage, I leap up on a wooden post. The half rotten wood shakes beneath me, but I ignore it. "Not a chance in hell." I let the arrow loose and jump down, not waiting to be shot to death. The next five minutes are chaos. I can hear gunfire behind me.

I kill one of the girls with an arrow in her throat. The other leaps at me so that I can't shoot at her. Just as she lands, I throw myself out of her way and shoot an arrow blindly at her. She yelps and falls away from it- and through the rope that I just cut through. With a splash, she falls into the sewers. I stand up carefully and watch her progress, nocking another arrow. It turns out that I don't need to shoot her, though- she can't swim. I survey the fighting. The boy lays dead on the floor- it seems that someone put a bullet through his head. Their leader is getting his face punched in by Finn.

Slowly, I walk towards them. "Finn, stop." He steps back, shaking his bruised knuckles.
"You're from the Vestige, right?"

The man groans in response. I take that as a yes. "Well, maybe if you hadn't attacked me, I'd have been more sympathetic to you." The arrow on my string flies towards him, burying itself in his chest.

"Well. Back home then, I suppose." I take a moment to collect my arrows, and we start walking again.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:16 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Javan Chleode

“… Javan, you’re staying here with Benca and Satinka. Is that alright?”

Usually, I’m only ever at these meetings to appease the disputes between Archer and Alleira over whatever. The real decision making is never actually left up to me, and normally I wouldn’t care. But now I’m getting put into the position of being forced to stay back and base… and – lucky me – with Benca. To make it worse, Archer’s polite attitude to make me feel included as ‘substitute leader’ makes it appear I have the choice to change that. I never do.

Allowing sarcasm to lace my tone, I grumble in response, “Right, of course. I’m expected to just sit at the base like a good little boy. Especially with that suck-up.”

“Just do what you’re told,” is Alleira’s reply. Ouch, shut down. And another big surprise, I think with a scowl. My opinion has no value. Archer’s mouth opens and closes, like some machine programmed to do so. Obviously he wouldn’t risk another argument. So far we’ve gotten on with this meeting without one. I think that’s a new record.

Instead, he opens it again to inform us of the latest news. The Legacy raided The Vestige’s base. They’re all pissed off now, roaming around the sewers like the babies they are. Might try and seize our base. I have to ‘be careful’. Yada-yada, get on with it Archer, we’ve heard this speech many times before.

“I would never let that happen,” I reply half-heartedly. The only reason I even say anything is so they don’t throw fits because I’m not listening, which I’m partially not. Finally, Archer stands up and walks towards the ladder leading out of this damp garage and back into the sewers.

Once we’re all back on the ground and heading back to base, Alleira turns to me. “Javan, who’s on patrol right now?”

“Benca and Satinka… That’s why they’re staying with me back at the base…,” obviously. And I thought that I didn’t pay attention much to the on-goings of The Remnant. She nods knowingly and continues forward in silence. So much for that.

At some point Alleira turns to Archer and begins some ‘leader-like discussion’. With my I-don’t-care-anymore-today attitude, I merely cover the last bit of ground and enter our main place of gathering. As expected, Benca is present, probably awaiting some ‘order’ as he calls them. Archer happens to make everything only a suggestion. Eh, he doesn’t even really seem care, being too nice; it’s Alleira you really have to mind.

Now don’t get me wrong, I respect Archer just as much as the next guy, and I’d carry out any order that really mattered without question. Just this whole stay back and watch the base thing seems rather pointless. Why not just go out and find the enemy first?

Zola also seems to be around, so I approach her. “You’re patrolling with Alleira today. And Indiana, and that Finn guy.”

“Well good morning to you, too,” she jokes with a smile. Her peppiness makes me question why I even bother with her.

“Um, right. I suggest you meet Alleira out in five. You know how she is when she has to wait and I’d prefer no one die today.” Before she could respond, I turn on my heels and walk off. There really wasn’t much else I could say and I surely do not want to hear some cheery remark in response.

Walking through a much smaller, hallway-like passage, I make my way towards the tiny room I usually stay in in the very back of the base. And I think tiny is an overstatement. Just by standing in the center of the room, I can reach out and touch both sides with my palms flat, but I’ve grown used to it, using this room as an escape ever since I was thirteen. Nowadays I’m a teensy bit bigger, but it still works.

Sitting down and leaning against the wall, I pull out a brick lining the bottom layer of the wall. Though it comes easily, a slight screeching noise emits as the brick scrapes against the floor, causing me to flinch. Totally not a conscious noise at all. The thought makes me roll my eyes.

From the hole exposed from removing the brick, I pull out two items: a key chain and my dagger, along with its sheath. An idiotic grin spreads across my face as I jingle the keychain and watch it sparkle slightly even in the dim light. Most of the contents have since rusted, but from what I’ve been able to polish, the small metal card which reads “Javan” still shines. How my mother managed to find one of those with my name on it baffles me still, but I no longer question it. It’s all I’ve got left.

With a sigh, I toss the key chain back into the hole and shut my eyes tight. Just forget it, what’s happened has happened. And there’s nothing you can do to change it. Taking the dagger into my hand, I proceed to polish it for a few moments, letting the task drain take up my concentration.

It doesn’t surprise anyone that I could polish something to perfection for hours and not grow bored, but no matter what, something tugs at me. The Vestige could be out there gathering and plotting to try and attack us, but we’re just waiting like sitting ducks. Worst of all, I didn’t make the decision to make us stay here. There could very well be a slaughter fest involving Benca, Satinka and me and it bothers me that I’m just sitting here, ignoring it.

Sighing once again, I sheath my dagger and rise to my feet. I buckle the sheath to my belt and half sprint back to the common room to find Satinka cleaning out her gun and Benca pacing back and forth. When he spots me, he gives me a suspicious look.

I pause right in front of them. “Well, Benca, Satinka. We’re just stuck here.”

Benca narrows his eyes at me, “Yes, because it is what’s you were told to do.”

“In case you didn’t know, Benca, the Vestige was whopped yesterday, and none of them are happy campers. Do you really expect me to sit here and do nothing about it?”

“Javan, it is not what’s expected of you. It’s what you’re ordered to do.”

Satinka, not stopping her act of cleaning her gun, finally pipes in. “So what do you expect to do exactly? You don’t know where they are and there’s already a patrol out there. Plus if Alleira catches you, she will skin you alive.”

“Alleira always takes a specific route, and if I just avoid there I’ll be fine. Plus, whether she likes it or not, her ‘authority’ over me is minimal. I’d gladly take her on in a fight if I thought I was doing something right. And just being here like a sitting duck doesn’t sit well with me. So you two can either come with me or try to stop me. Your choice.”

Benca’s scowl deepens and he growls, “Javan, your choices are going to hurt the Remnant someday, and I cannot allow you to just leave.”

“Fine, chase after me and try to stop me. If you leave the base though you’ll just stoop to my level. You in or out Satinka?”

“I’ll stay out of this, only because I don’t need Alleira’s wrath on me too,” she sighs, “but I wish you good luck.” Before ‘Benca the Great’ can say anything else about loyalty and my constant bailing of missions, I sprint off, heading deeper into the sewers.

Usually, I would wait a little bit or do something to insure no one’s around beforehand or listening in. But after a few minutes of jogging around in the sewers, I suddenly realize I heard footsteps. Like actual footsteps with shoes. I instantly stop and spin around, holding out my dagger at the ready. Just my luck. Standing in front of me is a woman holding out a gun. And I just so happened to forget my gun back in the room.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat