z

Young Writers Society

Escape From The Front

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:46 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I dreamed this up one night, literally. So ideas for more characters and sports and anything else are greatly appreciated!

Spoiler! :
So, here's the picture. You have always been in a battle arena, you dream of the outside world. You have been competing to the death against your opponents. You are an endangered (or a one of a kind) animal. This is the future when the human race considers itself so far superior that it doesn't care if you die. You can speak to anyone, not that the humans listen. You are put in a rank for how frequently you perform, the higher the rank, the more pain one goes through, the more food you get.

Character slots:

Spoiler! :
Female:

Vira Marie Mullinaire (Feline): iheartluciencarr

Anastaisia (lynx, main): Kelpies

Tardinada (Giant turtle, sidekick, really fast, crucial role here!):

Animal Rights Activist (you are the only one):

Male:

Battle Director:

Kirk (Anastaisia's Hawk): Kelpies

Either Gender:

Tardinada's Gopher:

Trainer:

Ideas for new characters are welcome! Other battle arena animals are needed!

Main Sports (Torture):
Spoiler! :
Birding: Where you send your bird up, and it comes back, trying it's best to avoid your whip without hitting the spiked ceiling. You are aiming to whip your bird out of the air (pain in the bird brings extra food for both of you). In another variation, you just jump to tackle your bird. This sport is felines-only.

Rodent: This is for the big buff animals, it's kind of like a grease pig contest, your rodent is slathered in oil (usually a little hot), and you want to catch it. They don't want you to kill the rodent, just for it to let out as many pained cries as you can.

Battle!: In which you battle a human or another animal to the death, these are performed frequently.

Character Form:

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Slot Taken:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Battle Rank:[/b]

[b]Battle Perks:[/b]

[b]Battle Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Are You Interested In having a Mate For Life?[/b]

[b]Other[/b]

Last edited by Kelpies on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

223 Reviews

Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:19 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I'm bored, so Here is the prologue, this is just to give everyone the feeling this will be giving and how things work and stuff:

I stared out of my rectangular cage, birding time was soon and Kirk was barely able to fly. A rat climbed between two of my bars, I slit it's throat before it even knew I was there. I tossed it to Kirk, he needed the energy. He shoved it back to me, squawking something about my skin being six inches below my ribs. I hesitantly sliced it in half with one of my claws and threw an end at him. He shook his head and started eating. He knew that if we were caught there would be twice as many battles for both of us, and half the food. And he knew that if he threw the half back at me, I would keep passing it back until he ate it. A flea from the rat's pelt jumped up my nose, nothing unusual for me, I would have been surprised if there was a square inch on my body that didn't have a flea or tick on it.

The battle director opened the front of my cage with some disgust for the lack of entertainment on my part. I refused to leave the cage, which was quickly followed by a whip of willow branch right on my tail bone. I stumbled out of the cage, raising my head to the cheering crowds. Each one of them was making a bet, except a tall woman in the front, the animal rights activist. The only reason they didn't add her to the menagerie was because humans always seem to be able to over power other humans. They expect us animals, the lesser race, to add dark meaning to their boring lives. But guess what? There aren't always going to be animals on this earth. When we finally get up the strength to rebel, they will always have a little more power than us.

Kirk swooped out over the rest of the crowd, putting on a show of diving and swooping in order to avoid crashing into the ground. With that, he perched on the protruding shoulder bone that I must call my own. the crowd cheered for the red tailed hawk, and bets were made in his favor, some in mine. But Kirk knew this drill, we had arranged that he would win this time.

I readied my whip, the long extension of rope coursed through the air, giving Kirk the signal to take off. He took off, flying at massive speeds over the screaming heads of the audience, then turning around on what used to be called a dime, though that term along with it's allying currency died out millions of years ago. I readied my whip, and Kirk came speeding towards it. I flailed my whip in an attempt to act out that I was trying to whip him, but missing by a meter. He readied his talons, and without a caw, tore them through my skin. I let out yowls of pain, even though I had sustained worse injuries than this and it actually didn't feel that bad. Half an inch into my muscle, he ripped along my back and reached all the way to the tip of my tail. Glad it was over, I slumped on the side boards putting on a great act of moaning in pain.

When bets had been paid off, the medics came to gather up the injured hawks and cats. I knew already that our rations would be increased, just a little, but enough to keep me from losing much more weight. I might even gain some, the thought sent my head spinning, or was that the blood loss? I decided to let the sleepiness catch me, cradle me in the covers of dreams and darkness.

I awoke in a different cage than the one I left, a slightly larger cage, and it was a good thing too because if it wasn't I would have had my face planted in some delicious-looking meat. I tried to pass it to Kirk but he downright refused, pointing with his beak to a partially eaten ground hog. I tore into my meat, tears reaching for my eyes when I tasted turtle meat. Tardinada wouldn't get re-used, would she? I mean, customers pay ten dollars just to see that genetically altered turtle. No wonder they welded her cage closed, she was probably not getting out until she died. But the fact that they suspended her from a single chain?! That was the real art of it all. She was easily 15 times my size, and yet my best friend until death.

Freedom, or at least close enough to it that I can fake it. I ran up to the suspended cage in which they kept Tardinada. There she was, but she was mumbling something about cracks, I was about to giggle because I thought she meant human's butt cracks, but then her chain broke. She rolled around, her cage was cylindrical, making it easy for her to roll around like the extinct species that was called a hamster.

"Been forever Anastasia, time to run!"

A smile broke out along my dried out and hairless lips.

"Good to see you too." I said, dragging my cage after me in order to keep up with her. We climbed the embankment before anyone even realized we were gone, then about ten humans came and tried to overpower us. I was the easy one, being only about twice the size of a house cat and since I was so underweight I might as well have been one. I saw a syringe, and only when it had met my skin did I realize that it was a sedative, but this sleep wasn't going to bring dreams of infinite meat, it would only bring darkness and I would wake up with burn marks all over my body.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

223 Reviews

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:03 am
Kelpies says...

:( :shock: :x :twisted: :?: :!: :? :| :pirate2: :pirate3: This seems to be abandoned.

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong