Young Writers Society

Twelve

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:33 am
View Likes
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Spoiler! :
Ayyy I'm back and to start getting back into the swing of things I thought what better way than to make a storybook!

Every time the clock rings twelve its someones chance to escape

PLOT: You're trapped in a lab where you are either being tested or shuttering in your cell. Each prisoner has a power.. Every day you are brought to the labs and are pinned to a table where you are ejected, torn apart, and modified for hours on end. But every night at midnight the scientist give a prisoner a chance to escape. The only problem is, nobody knows who is being allowed to leave.

This confusion always leads to chaos and death and injury because everyone is trying to leave at once. But so far nobody has been able to leave since they are so busy trying to rip each other apart than to actually get out.

But one night everyone is allowed out, but only if they are able to work together.

POWERS: The range of powers has no limit but don't make it something typical like "speed' or "strength". Use your imagination and come up with something of your own. I have found a link to a list of unique super powers here-http://www.wattpad.com/6850636-100-super-strange-super-powers-uncommonly-used-in

CHARACTER TEMPLATE:
Code: Select all
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Appearance (Picture useful but not required(does not have to be human looking but still must be human))[/b]
[b]History[/b]
[b]Power (UNIQUE)[/b]
[b]Other[/b]

THE LAYOUT: The building contains 2 labs, a rec-room, a kitchen, a courtyard, and a cell block. Your character is free to roam where ever in the building when they are not being tested on or working. Keep in mind that NO ONE is aloud in the labs when they are not asked to be. Your character may be assigned a chore like cleaning the cells, baking, cleaning the dishes, or even helping make meals. I have drawn out a pretty crap map and I will link it below, I'm not an artist and I took this with my laptops camera so I am sorry for the bad quality.

CELLS: Each character will share a cell, male/female, male/male, female/female, it doesn't matter. They will be sharing bunks as the scientists will be studying how they react to other people and genders. You are free to pick your own bunk-mate or I can assign you one if you want.

CELL 376: Turner, Dexton (Tiny) and Boravich, Noah (Traunt)

CELL 27: Patron, Ember (Wolfare) and Monroe, Sam (Tiny)

CELL 117: Daniels, Avery (night) and Turner, Shiloh (lostone)

CELL 93: Eagle, Kaydence (Lylas) and Stills, Josiah (noelle)
Attachments
picture006.jpg
picture006.jpg (8.1 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
Last edited by TinyJarStoredDreams on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

47 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:25 am
View Likes

Spoiler! :
Hi sorry I got bored so, this is the first post.

Dexton

The table is cold but my body feels red hot. My arms and legs pinned to a metal slab covered in my own blood and sweat. My naked body trashes out against the tools and hands of the scientists. I scream as they tear my arm open. They don't dare to use antibiotics or painkillers as it would "mess up the science of my powers". Bitch I age not heal instantly or can't feel pain.

They stitch my arm back up now with a creepy amount of my muscle tissue. It plops into a jar and I am blood covered and ready to leave.

My body is shaking as I dress again in lose sweatpants, a tee shirt and adias. I groan in pain every moment my left arm is in use, today was rough. I slowly exit out of Lab 1 and into the hall. I shuffle into my cell and collapse on my bunk to scream into my pillow in pain.

I. Want. To. Leave. This. Hell.

"Dexton..." I hear a small voice say.

I lift my head to see Shiloh in my doorway clutching Addy looking fearfully at my arm.

"Hey, I'm okay don't worry." I say sitting up and crossing my legs so she can sit in my lap.

She crawls onto me and wraps her arms around my torso. I hug her back stroking her tangled hair slowly pulling out some of the matted strands out to fix it a bit. I pull her off of me a bit and sit her next to me on the cot.

"Wanna practice on Addy a bit?" I asked her staring into her eyes that looked so much like my own.

She nodded and sat her doll down on the floor as I transformed into a child around 8 or 9. I knew Shiloh liked it when I changed closer to her age as she felt as I was more of a friend then a brother.

Her little face crumpled up as she focused on the rag doll. The doll sprung to life as it looked slowly around the room and then looked straight back at Shiloh. I smiled at my sister as she started to talk the doll.

Shiloh smiled big as the doll stuttered out quiet words back at her barely audible. I high fived her breaking her focus and causing the doll to crumple onto the ground.

"Sorry," I squeaked in my small voice.

Shiloh sighed and turned back into a 19 year old again picking her up as I did. I hugged her tight before laying her down on my bed.

"Dexton Turner." A guard said from the door, "You are needed for kitchen duty."

I sighed and kissed my sister on the cheek before going to do my chores dreading how much it would when I get soap in my new stitches.

Sam

I lay with Kayden in the courtyard staring up at the pale gross blue sky.

"I want to leave." I say to the sky.

"We all do dingus so suck it up." She replied pointing at me.

I shrugged and rolled over to face her. She did the same and I instantly flicked dead grass in her face making it crumple up in discomfort.

"Thanks," She said obviously annoyed with me.

I smiled big at her causing her to roll her eyes. I sat up slowly watching the blue disappear behind the the building as I did. I stood up with a grunt then helping Kaydence up afterwards.

I yawned as I hadn't got any sleep since two days ago since after my latest experiment I now have billions and billions of fresh meat on my chest. We walk into the hall avoiding the scientists as the continuous loop of Dextons screams ring through the hall. We all knew he got it the worst because he wasn't aloud to have painkillers or be able to sleep during the tests like the rest of us. I wasn't completely sure why but I don't think he is either. I'm guessing it has something to do with his brain being hyperactive.

"Poor dude," Kayden whispered to me as his screams slowly started to dim.

"Yeah well he pantsed me yesterday on my way to my cell so, I guess this is his karma." I replied punching her shoulder lightly.

I would classify Kaydence to be my friend, as she is the only one who doesn't piss me off constantly, she talks, and she is really pretty.

I watched as Dexton stumbled into the cell branch, his face as white as flour and his arm bloody and bruised. Wait till his sister see's this.

I walked Kayden to the kitchen since she has to wash the dishes today.

"I'll meet you in the courtyard tonight okay, we will make a plan at 11:45 and go through with it at 12:03." I whispered to her before turning to leave.

We were going to get out if it was our turn or not.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:15 am
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

Noah Boravich - Lab 2

The long metal table was cold as usual. I could feel my bare skin tingling and my back arching slightly, strangely I wasn't used to that old friend of mine. Or should I have said... enemy? Prodding and poking, I'd been rearranged and had grown back new limbs so many times that I didn't even know what was the original part. If any.

Some of the other Subjects had asked me how I coped. I answered simply: I don't know. I was a monster myself - most of the people held prisoner at the Lab either used their powers for good or didn't even realize they had any. Me? I was "the bad guy". I had robbed banks, killed a few people, even committed petty crimes. It was all fun. That was just a distant memory. I had been a Lab rat for three years.

Dr. McKenzie's perfume lingered in the air behind me and I smirked to myself. I couldn't wait to see her again. She was the only thing that made my day not quite so hard. Her long blonde hair spiralled down magically and her hazel eyes always seemed so warm. You're chasing a fantasy, someone might have said. But I didn't care.

"Dr. McKenzie," I greeted, twisting my wrists a little to get somewhat comfortable although my feet and hands were bound. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you," she replied, and stepped into the light. She had no aura. No power. The usual mask covered her face, but sometimes she would take it off when we had one on one tests. I never tried to control her. That was no longer my forte.

"Don't want me to try anything, do you?" I laughed. The usual private joke between us caused her to flash me a brief grin. But the moment passed and the anxiety set in.

Sighing a little, she took a step forward, glancing at her clip board. No good news. They had found a new test to proceed with. They had tried mostly everything. Acid. Poison. Amputation. Electrocution. Fire. The list goes on. What else could they possibly do?

"Um..." she began, biting her lip slightly as her eyes scrolled down the page.

"What have you got in store for me today?" I asked with a slight chuckle.

Her eyes hovered from over the clip board and she looked me straight in the eyes. So beautiful.

"Insects," she said, looking away.

Perspiration began to form at the nape of my neck and on my forehead. Bugs? What for? Are they going to put them inside of me? See how I react? A sick feeling bubbled inside my stomach and I tried not to gip. Those twisted...

"Trial 113," read out another scientist, "Temperature..."

Blotting out what they were saying, I swallowed my fear and focused on the light up above, hoping it would take me to a better place. Hoping at twelve that night, I could be the one to be set free. I couldn't take another second of that Hell hole.

The knife slit open my stomach, I could feel the blade tearing through my scarred skin. The pain was excruciating. And then I felt thousands of miniscule feet running up and down my bloodied insides. I tried not to scream.

Stumbling back to my cell, I clutched my stomach, bile swarming at the back of my throat. It wasn't the worst thing I had ever faced... Try having a thousand volts running through your body. Uncomfortable was not even the right word. But the worst thing about having bugs put inside of you was the after shock. Everywhere I could see bugs. Millions of skittering bugs, crawling up and down my body, making my skin itch.

Soon I came to Cell 376. Where in the world is Dexton? My hand supported my whole body as I lent forwards, still looking even though I knew he wasn't there. He had been taken out for testing, but he should have been back.

"He's gone to the Kitchen. It's yours and his turn," said a Guard from behind me. Groaning, I pressed my head against the glass. Kitchen duty? But all that food...

"Go on, you're already late," he barked.

I did as the Guard said. Punishment was the last thing I needed. My feet trailed as I walked in the direction of the kitchen, but I took my time, looking out of the corner of my eye to see the gentle hum of the auras. Pinks, blues, yellows... A mixture of colors hovered around their owners. It was my second favourite thing that I loved to see.

I straightened myself up as I came closer to the kitchen. My time to shine. Barging through the kitchen doors, I made my entrance. A few heads turned as I walked in. Dexton answered me with a grin.

"You had fun?" I asked, coming up beside him, taking a wet plate from him.

"As fun as fun can be," he replied, and exhaled. I noticed the fresh new stitching on his arm.

"Come here, you idiot," I pushed past him to get to the sink and handed him a plate. "Dry these up. I'll wash."

My reaction surprised him a little, I wasn't the type to help. When you help someone, it means a lesser chance of escaping. I'd learned that the hard way.

My eyes flickered a little as I saw the imaginary insects racing across the work tops. My vision was stained with blacks and browns. No matter how hard I tried, a nauseating feeling succumbed me. I had many scars on the outside, but not half as many as mental ones.

Looking over my shoulder, I saw Kaydence at another sink, forlornly washing a dish. She was pouting a little. Her eyes fluttered slightly and she looked at me. Winking at her, she let out a irritated tut. The girl's aura was the most unique out of the lot - it was constantly changing. We had similar powers, she could also sense auras. I had always wondered what mine looked like from afar.

"Ugh, what a dump," I heard Dexton mutter. Spinning around, I saw him looking at a cockroach on the work top. My fist slammed down where it stood and Dexton jumped back.

"I hate bugs."
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Ember Patron
~Cell 27 - Earlier in the Day~

Some days can float by, fine and dandy, without so much of another thought about. Those days I adore. It's days, times, like these which make me miss the real dreams. Miss the time I spent scribbling on a pad on a bed. Miss even just holding a book. It'll come back. It must.

Another screech drifts down the hall. It's not as loud here as from other areas, but it still has the same effect. Shivers run down my spine. Back pressed against the stone wall, I grip my knees tighter. It can't go on too much longer.

For five or so more minutes, I sit and listen. Eerie silence invades, closing in around me. I wish the screaming would come back. A silent enemy. It feels like someone is watching me, which they probably are. They always are. Maybe, if I'm lucky, it'll be some assassin who's come to end it all. Wishful thinking, sure, but someone always comes for the heroine. This nightmare isn't on going. I'll be home soon.

Without realizing it, I relax the grip on my leg. As I reposition myself, my hand gets pressed against the floor. For a full second. When the cold registers in my mind, I instantly jump up, pulling my hand close to my chest. I have to bite my tongue to resist making a loud shriek. A shrill squeal still comes out.

Tears already stream down my face. I don't want another dream. I don't want another dream. I don't want another dream. As I stand there, quiet sobs shake me. Terror wrenches my gut and I could be sick. I don't want another dream. I don't want another dream. I don't want another dream. They're always filled with so much pain. Intense pain. Almost like I am the one the pain was inflicted on.

Once I'm finally able to regain control of my breathing, I turn and sprint out of the cell. The tears don't stop. I allow my feet to lead me, thankfully only encountering one person, a scientist, along the way. Most of them must be too busy testing on those two guys, whose names I can barely remember. D and N as I think of them. Another shiver.

Soon I find myself in front of the rec. room. The constant stream of tears has slowed by now, replaced by an occasional sniffle. I pull the door up, my hand wrapped in the cloth of my dress. After a scare like that, I don't dare take any chances.

To my disappointment, I'm not alone. Another girl is there. She's the newest one, if I recall correctly, and I think her name starts with an A. Though, I have no idea what she's doing. Sitting at a table, her back is towards me.

Trying to be somewhat friendly, I greet her, "Um… hello."

She doesn't respond. Doesn't even turn around. Not that I expected her to; she's not really known to be outgoing. Neither was I very loud. I don't know what I was thinking. If she did answer, what would I say? I don't know her. It's probably for the better that she ignores me.

If she even just takes a glimpse at my face she'd know I was crying, and I couldn't explain why. If I told her, or anyone for that matter, about the dreams I get when I touch things, she'd think I'm crazy. Scratch that. She'd think I'm crazier than she already does. Sometimes I question my own sanity.

Quietly, I walk over to the other side of the room and plop down against the wall. More screams emit from the lab across the hall. They seem less intense, so maybe today’s experiment will be over soon. Closing my eyes, I decide to pay a visit to the current story brewing in my mind.
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

Reviews: 4
Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:01 pm
View Likes
thelostone says...

Shiloh Turner

Screams bounced off the wall, burying themselves into Shiloh's head. Tears streaked her cheeks as she desperately clasped her hands over her ears and tried to fold herself even further into the far corner of her cell. Since coming here, she's found a sort of solace in that corner. The way it wrapped itself around her, she often pretended it was her brother wrapping her up in a hug from behind before swinging her into the air like he used to.

The shrieks died down but Shiloh's tiny frail body was still rigid with fear. She gently picked Addy off the ground by her side and pushed back the dirty strands of yarn that doubled as her hair.

"Addy?" She whispered but the doll didn't stir. "Addy? Come on, wake up!" Footsteps echoed through the hall and the hairs on Shiloh's arms stood tall. "Please, Addy!" She pleaded. Still, the doll was silent. Frustrated tears brimmed her eyes when she shook the doll. Shiloh found that sometimes if she shook Addy, she'd wake up.

"Shy, you know I don't like it when you shake me." Addy shook her head as if to wake herself up more. The dingy yarn fell back into the doll's drawn on face.

"You didn't wake up." Shiloh murmured, hugging her. The footsteps grew louder and Shiloh fearfully clutched her doll. "They're coming for me," she whispered, her heartbeat starting to pick up. "I don't want them to take me! They're going to take me, Addy. Don't let them hurt me, they're going to-"

The footsteps bounced off the walls, scared tears started to fall silently down Shiloh's cheeks. She drew her knees up to her chest and peeked over them just to see a much older man walking down the hall. Once she saw he wasn't wearing a white coat, Shiloh allowed herself to take a small breath.

"Let's not think about the white coats, okay?" Addy's scraggly sharpie mouth turned up just a tad. "You said yesterday that you were going to find me a friend. Did you?"

Shiloh nodded, dragging the back of her hand over her cheeks to wipe off the tears. Then she reached behind her and grabbed the slightly bent plastic fork she had been hiding. "Dex gave it to me." Addy's eyes widened. "But he said it's a secret. We can't tell anyone or else we'll get in trouble like last time."

Addy's small weathered down arm nudged Shiloh's leg. "Do it! It's been forever since we've had another friend. I miss Eddie."

"I miss him too." Shiloh pressed her lips together, remembering the comb Dex had brought them last year. Shiloh had accidentally left him in the rec room one day when she was following her brother around. Eddie tried to find his way back to Shiloh and Addy but a white coat picked him up when he was making his rounds. He was very angry when he spoke to Shiloh. He told her she stole this comb from Eddie Carpenter, the guard, because Eddie was written sloppily on it. Shiloh tried to explain that it was there because that was his name, but the white coat wouldn't listen and Shiloh had a black eye for two weeks.

"C'mon, Shy!" Addy urged her. Shiloh flipped over onto her stomach and faced the corner. Addy sat down, crossed her legs, and waited for the fork to wake up.

Shiloh furrowed her eyebrows and poked the fork. "Wake up." She mumbled. When the plastic fork didn't budge, she stuck out her bottom lip. "It's not working, Addy!"

"Try it again."

Sighing, Shiloh picked up the fork and stared at it. "Please wake up." She pleaded. "You're going to be our new friend. Please? We're nice."

The fork sprung to life and Addy clapped wildly. The fork wiggled out of Shiloh's hand and onto the floor. "Hello, I'm Addy." The doll introduced herself. "What's your name?"

The fork didn't answer. "Maybe he's shy." Shiloh suggested.

"Or maybe he just doesn't talk." Addy said. She poked the fork which was now standing up on its own. "It's okay, Eddie didn't talk either."

"Shiloh?"

She whipped around, frightened at first but relaxed after she saw it was only her brother. "Hi, Dexton."

"Come on, Shy." He walked into her room and smiled. "Do you want to go to the rec room with me?" Shiloh glanced down at Addy and the fork she decided to name Ed who were skipping in a circle. After taking it into deep consideration, Shiloh agreed to go. She stuck Ed in her pocket, held Addy with one hand and the back of Dex's pants with the other.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:29 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

Kaydence - Courtyard

I try and find pictures in the sky, only seeing white blobs. The grass is dead beneath me just like everything else here.

I'm with Sam Monroe, one of the only friends I have. He makes me smile, I guess that's why we're friends.

"I want to leave." Sam suddenly says. His voice was like rich honey.

"We all do dingus so suck it up." I replied. He looked at me and I turned my head to look into his big brown eyes. He flicked dead grass in my face, slightly annoying me. I rolled my eyes but smiled still.

"Thanks." I said, letting the sarcastic remark drip off my tongue.

He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes again. What a loser. He grunted, getting up and then helped me up. I heard continuous screams from the lab.

"Poor dude." I looked down, feeling suddenly bitter once again. My moments of numbness had passed.

"Yeah well he pantsed me yesterday on my way to my cell so, I guess this is his karma." he replied, and lightly punched my shoulder.

There was a long silence as Sam thought to himself and I decided to let my mind wander.

As we walked to the kitchen together, we held hands. I wondered if it meant something more to him than me.

When we got to the kitchen he pulled me close as if to kiss me. "What are you-"

"I'll meet you in the courtyard tonight okay, we will make a plan at 11:45 and go through with it at 12:03." he whispered and then left. His touch tingled afterwords but I ignored it. It meant nothing.

I thought about what he said as I washed dishes. Ignoring as people came in to do their chores.

Afterwards, I walked to my cell.it was almost 9:00, so everyone was getting cozy in the cells. I gave a soft hello to Josiah, my cell mate, but didn't really talk to him the rest of the night.

I hope I will leave tonight with Sam.
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

254 Reviews

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:36 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

So I know that Sam and Kaydence are attempting to leave tonight, so I've changed this a little to fit in with your post(s).

Noah Boravich - Cell 376 - 11:55 p.m.

The nightmares had never left. When I thought about it, I never could quite put my finger on it, but I'm sure I had them before I arrived at the Lab. The usual were about all the trials I had undergone. Nothing had changed. The bugs were a first, and wouldn't be a last.

My neck ached as I stirred and turned onto my stomach. The covers were askew, trailing on the floor. What a night...

Looking over at Dex's bed, I saw that it was empty. I recalled a Guard telling me that the toilets needed a good scrub. I was not looking forward to that. And I was not doing it alone. Cell mates usually got the jobs together, so I wasn't letting him off that easy.

Looking around the room, I realized that it was still dark out, as no light peeked out from the thin strip known as a "window". What is he up to at this hour? I had been asleep only a few hours.

"Ugh." I groggily slipped out of bed and opened my draws, fumbling around for some clothes. After getting changed, I stood up, ready to search for Dex. I still felt the effects from such a short and restless sleep.

There was no sign of him as I peered down the long, dark corridor, so I decided to check in his little sister's room, Shiloh. The kid reminded me of my only friend at the orphanage. Everytime I saw her face, I wished I was back at that dump.

I walked on and soon saw three white numbers plastered onto a rotten door saying: 117, and I waited outside it for a moment. What if he's not in there? I don't want to creep her out... I knocked quietly and pushed the door open, it creaking much louder than I wanted it to.

"Dexton?" I looked around the corner to see little Shiloh staring up at me, scrunched up in the corner, eyes wide. She clutched her doll. "Oh, hey, Shiloh. Have you seen Dexton?"

The little girl's grip on her doll grew tighter and she shook her head meekly, looking down at the floor. Pushing the door open further, I stepped inside. Slowly, I made my way to her and then crouched down a few feet away.

"You remind me of a girl I used to know," I said. "She... she wasn't quite as talented though."

Shiloh shyly glanced down at her toy, stroking the dolls stringy hair. I sighed lightly and sat down on the floor. Avery was no where to be seen. Neither was Dexton. What was going on? Where was everybody?

"Who's this?" I asked, pointing at the doll. Shiloh's big eyes blinked and she smiled at the doll.

"Addy," she whispered.

"Hi, Addy," I greeted, reaching out for the dolls hand.

I had seen Shiloh interacting with this doll - she was, what, seven? - and she could bring it to life. A small part of her aura floated towards me, it was bright blue, and began swimming around with the other sea of colors that had latched onto me. I hated to use the word borrowed, but that's what I did.

Addy sprung to life, giddily taking my hand and shaking furiously. I grinned at Shiloh and she gaped at Addy in awe.

Maybe I'm not such a monster after all.

47 Reviews

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:40 pm
View Likes

Dexton

Dark hallways splatted in blood and throw up. A child screamed my name in the background on a continuous loop. I screamed in reply trying to drown out every sound but myself. A sharp stab ran through my spine followed by slickly wet goo. I turned to see Shiloh hands covered in blood and smile on her face.

I woke up with a gasp. Immediately followed with feeling my back for a knife but only finding sweat.

I walked out of my cell needing to wake up a bit more and forget about my dream. I looped the cell wing and then walked into Shilohs room to check on her. There I found Noah playing with Addy with her.

"Noah get out," I said flatly anger rushing over me.

He stomped out mumbling and I stormed over to Shy. "Do you know who he is?"

She shook her head quickly fear flooding into her eyes.

"He isn't as nice as he seems," I continued to tell her about his past as her face changed to completely terrified."I'm sorry Shy."

She nodded and moved over to hug me. I pulled her on top of me as I heard the door creak open.

"Noah get out," Shiloh said shakily but confidently.

She gasped and collapsed on me in tears as he left the room. At least she's safe.

Sam

Night couldn't come soon enough. I spent the last hours leading up to the darkened hours pacing my cell, random idea's pacing through my mind each one seeming even less likely to work then the last one.

Thought of Kaydence distracted me as I tried to think of an escape plan. I needed to stop thinking of her. Each thought of her beautiful face led to distraction and soon I was so lost that nothing that could us escape even popped into my head for a second.

It was getting close to time. Hopefully Kayden had some ideas too because I was getting no where. But even as I told myself this, I wondered what color I was when I was with her. Did she know how I felt truely?

I really hope she didn't, maybe she would stop wanting to talk to me at all. I mean seriously who would like me. The only test subject who's power had a flaw.

I slowly dragged my self out of my cell tiredly and out into the courtyard where Kayden was already waiting for me.

"Hey sorry am I late?" I asked walking over to her where she had laid out a map of the building, notebook paper, and stolen mechanical pencils.

"Nope, I'm just early." She replied fiddling with the map.

I nodded and watched as she scribbled lines across the halls of the map. She had traced out a line from the courtyard up the walls and on top of the roof. The line continued to the edge of the rooftop and then to the top of the loading station where the trucks dropped off the weeks food supply. There was a vent that I was guessing we would climb through and down into the loading station. This girl is a genius I swear.

"Wow." I looked at her she blushed slightly. Her curls fell over her shoulders, cut at her stomach. I'm suprised the scientists let her keep it that long. But knowing Kayden I know she would grow it to her waist if she was able.

"I hope it's okay that I kind of took over." She bit her lip in the cute way she does and looked at me.

"Yeah..." I said absently, staring at her. Her face changed, looking at me in disbelief. "What?"

She shook her head quickly and looked away a bit too fast. She knows.

"So You ready to do this thing?" I asked my voice shaking.

"Definitely," She replied her eyes gleaming in excitement.

I smiled as we sat down on the dead grass floor as we studied over the map waiting for the alarm to sound.

"What color am I?" I asked suddenly. I wondered how her power worked.

"Gold. Your nervous. I don't blame you, we're about to escape this hell." She smiled at me.
It's too bad that wasn't exactly what I was worried about.

The alarm went off leaving my ears ringing. I smile at her and stomp up brushing my pants off. I helped her up never letting go of her petite hand. I stored the maps and pencils behind a loose brick and started to scale the 20 foot wall. I started by hoisting Kayden up so she could pull herself up onto the roof. I walked to the corner and ran up the wall scraping my cheek badly as I did.

I crawled onto the roof and followed her over to the large vent on the otherside of the building. I used the small natural ight from the moon to activate my powers and melt through the metal bars. The flap fell in and I jumped down into the vent. I carried Kayden down and then followed her to a second vent that I had to ick through thi time as there was no natural light. I jumped down ontop of a truck and then caught her as she fell down.

We started running towards the exitas swarm of guards came out. I powered through them to find that once I was out, she was being dragged away.

"Sam go!" She screamed tears running down her cheeks.

It was my turn to escape. I looked around with tears in my eyes as the gates slowly closed. I couldn't just leave her.

I screamed as I ran back inside and swooped her up and away from the guards. I set her down, not stopping, and grabbed her hand as I ran back inside her tears soaking my hand.
Last edited by TinyJarStoredDreams on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

275 Reviews

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:14 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

Kaydence - Sam's Cell

He had come back. For me. Is topped myself from crying because I shouldn't be the one in despair. It was his night and he almost made it out.

He took me to his cell which was empty. I didn't pay much attention to that, they must have him or her working in the bathrooms, or caught trying to escape. He laid me down on the bed, and sat next to me. He held my hand firmly.

I sat up, and wiped my tears with my free hand. I've never let anyone see me cry. "Why'd you stay? God damn it! You could've been free of this hell!" I yelled at him. He just stroked my hair and wiped my tears as they fell.

Suddenly I was kissing him, and I couldn't remember who decided to lean in. He kissed me back and I couldn't think straight, my mind was going fuzzy, and then I reminded myself to breathe. I pulled back and looked at him.

"That's why." he murmured, eyes still closed.

"I have to go." I started to get up and tried to pry my fingers from his.

"Wait! What did I do?" he cried tightening his grip on my hand.

"I just need to go." I said biting my lip. His eyes pleaded with me.

"Please, just stay. Please." He begged. My shoulders sagged and he knew he had won. I mean, he came back for me.

I sat down on the bed and the tears came again. I laid down on the pillow and he laid with me. I put my head head on his chest and closed my eyes.

----

There was a small crack of light through the one window in the cell. I carefully removed Sam's arms from around my waist, trying not to wake him and stood up from the bed. My eyes were puffy and I felt embarrassed, because that was the first time I had cried since I had arrived.

I started towards the door, looking on last time at Sam. He's mouth was parted open as he slept, his face peaceful. I darted out the door and went to my cell.

Josiah was awake when I got there, his eyes staring me down. "Morning." I grumbled.
I changed fast and started towards the lab. I hoped today would be bad.

I needed pain worse than I was feeling right now.

formally lylas.

Reviews: 4
Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:07 am
View Likes
thelostone says...

Shiloh Turner

Murderer. That was the word that repeated over and over again on a continuous loop inside of Shiloh's mind. No matter what Addy or Shiloh did, the vicious word stuck. It sat heavy in her stomach and left a bad aftertaste in her mouth. Murderer. It single-handedly corroded away the tiny sense of safety she had. Addy and Ed had tried their hardest to console Shiloh, but their efforts just made her head hurt worse so she put them to sleep. She wished she knew where Avery was. The funny haired girl always knew what to do. Even the fold of the corner did nothing to help Shiloh. She was at the total mercy of the small ruthless eight lettered word.

Shortly after putting Ed and Addy to sleep, Shiloh realized the silence wasn't better. The quieter her cell was, the louder her mind was. Murderer. Murderer. Murderer. She closed her eyes to concentrate on something else but all she saw was blood. Her blood. And Noah standing proudly in the puddle.

When she opened her eyes, there he was standing in the doorway of her room. Her heartbeat picked up and her chest raised and lowered rapidly. When he took a step closer she sobbed, forcing herself even further into the corner.

"No, don't do that!" Noah said, his voice surprisingly soft for a murderer. Murderer. "Shiloh, I'm sorry. Please don't be scared."

"You hurt people!" Shiloh cried, her body shaking. "Dex says you'll hurt me!"

"Shiloh, I-"

"Stop it! Get away from me!" She shrieked. Shiloh couldn't even meet his eyes.

Noah flinched slightly then sighed. "If that's what you want." He slowly backed away, but before leaving he said one last thing, "I am sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

Shiloh squeezed her eyes shut again,tears streaming down her face. She didn't even notice she was crying until she felt a tear drip off her chin onto her stomach. Finally having enough, she pressed her hands over her ears and screamed.

It echoed down the hall, even waking up Addy and Ed. They instantly knew something was wrong. Ed hopped up onto Shiloh's lap, nuzzling into her shirt and Addy desperately tugged at Shiloh's fingers. She ignored them. Her ears now pounded, matching her head but for the first time since she heard it, the terrible word was swept under a rug. For now.

"Shy?" Addy gasped, tugging harder on her fingers. "Is everything okay?"

"Of course not, Addy." Shiloh whispered, staring at nothing. Addy climbed up onto Shiloh's lap with Ed and sat down in the crook of Shiloh's arm, snapping her out of her daze.

Shiloh looked down at her. Addy's thin crooked lips opened then closed, struggling to find words. "Shy, please-" Shiloh's stomach growled, scaring Ed. "You're hungry. Maybe we should go look for a snack?"

Now that Addy mentioned it, Shiloh did really want something to eat. Nodding, she wiped away her tears and stuck Ed in her pocket, then carried Addy down to the cafeteria, cautiously on the lookout in case she saw Noah.

Whenever Dex had kitchen duty, he would try to sneak small snacks for Shiloh into a napkin which he hid in a hole in the wall made by a mouse. The most recent snack was a sleeve of crackers. Shiloh had been saving them, wrapping them up carefully so the tenant mouse wouldn't eat them before she did. When she, Addy, and Ed got to the cafeteria, it was basically empty except for a few people sitting at the tables talking. Shiloh quickly made her way over to the far wall. The small hole was concealed by a strategically placed trash can. Shiloh's mouth watered as she reached into the small cave. She couldn't go further than her elbow, but that was enough.

"I just love this!" Addy squealed, writhing in Shiloh's other hand. "It's like opening up a present every time."

Shiloh pulled her arm out along with the dingy napkin and sat behind the trashcan. Ed wiggled out of her pocket and joined Addy on her lap. Shiloh unwrapped the small present and counted the remaining crackers. There were five left. She took one and broke it in half, giving one to Addy. Even though she couldn't eat it, Shiloh didn't want her to feel left out. Ed prodded at the stack of crackers with his prongs until they fell over.

After their snack, Shiloh re-wrapped the remaining two crackers and placed it back in its hiding spot. She stood up, brushing the crumbs off of herself and took in a deep breath when someone caught her eye.

An older girl was standing alone not far from where Shiloh was. Her eyes were glazed over but Shiloh was more focused on her hair. It was long and straight, falling well past her shoulders. Shiloh imagined that was what a princess's hair would look like. An overwhelming urge to touch it and see if it was as soft as it looked took over her.

"What are you doing?" Addy asked as Shiloh began walking in the strange girl's direction. "The room is the other way."

"Shhh!" Shiloh hissed, shoving both Addy and Ed back into her pocket. She stood in front of the girl but she didn't seem to notice. Her eyes were glazed over, somewhere else entirely. A nervous blush crept over Shiloh's face as she gawked at the hair. It was definitely princess hair.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

254 Reviews

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:53 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

Avery Daniels

Nobody is really afraid of the dark. They afraid of what hides within.

I hadn't slept in four days. The lab coats were concerned that it was messing with my results, and I couldn't blame them. My first insomnia night, I had felt dead the entire day after. Dragging, my eyelids were so heavy that I felt like I could fall over at any moment. But as soon as I lay down, the nightmares materialize again. My second day, I had felt normal. Maybe a little frazzle-minded, but average. But by my third night, my senses exploded. My vision sharpened, everything seemed to boom in my ears, and colors seemed to swirl around me. I felt more alive than I had ever felt in this hellhole.
And I hoped it would help me escape.

Bathroom duty is not a good chore for someone who struggles with remaining tangible. Every time my hand went to clean under the sink, it would disappear in a poof of smoke. I had lost count of how many towels had been dropped on the disgusting bathroom floor. I tried yet again to clean in the shadowed parts of the bathroom, but I'd found myself squished between the wall and the toilet. Shadow teleporting again. I had been doing it against my will more often, when normally I had to focus exponentially to get anywhere. Maybe it was my lack of sleep.
"¡Odio limpiar!" I shrieked, wriggling out from the corner. I kicked the door open and stomped into the hallway, disappearing into the shadows that lined the ceiling. I was done with the job. Let the inspector punish me. I did the best I could.
Popping in and out of existence, I raced through the "shadow passages", as I thought of them, hoping some food would calm my nerves. I'd skipped breakfast, but maybe whoever had chores there would let me eat something.
When I reached the brightly lit cafeteria area, I became tangible again, entering the room like a normal human would. My dreads got in my face, as they always did when I shadow traveled. I wasn't quite sure how the physics worked with that, but it messed with my hair. And it made my piercings tingle. Strange.
I had assumed that no one would be in the large eating area, but to my surprise, two cellmates were already inside. The odd girl...Ember, I believed, and my little bunk mate, Shiloh. Strangely, the little girl looked transfixed by Ember, and was slowly approaching where she sat at another table, staring into space. The younger girl reached her chubby kid hand out towards Ember's hair, as if she wanted to pet it.
¿Qué diablos?
I stepped forward, opened my mouth to say something to her, but not before Shiloh's hand brushed through Ember's hair and touched her ear.
The older girl suddenly sprung to life, whipping her head first to Shiloh, then to me. Her eyes were wild and swollen from past tears, and she leaped to her feet, breathing heavily. Ember grabbed her head, like there were loud noises, and scrambled away from Shiloh.
I stepped forward, concerned for Shiloh's safety. I knew that Ember could get hysterical, and I didn't want Shiloh to get hurt. The girl looked frightened, and had taken her doll, Addy, from her pocket and was clutching her tight. The toy looked alive again, and was stroking her hands, trying to calm her down.
"Shiloh--" I started, rushing over to the scene.
But before I reached them, a man's voice rang out from the doorway.
"Avery Daniels, you are required in the Lab. Immediately."
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

47 Reviews

Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:41 pm
View Likes

Dex

I lay on the floor of my cell fearing of my little sisters safety. Fearing that I would abandon my promise to my mother that I would keep Shiloh safe. I knew that Shiloh was probably wondering around the building now trying to figure out how she should feel about Noah. Noah, he was the last person I wanted to see.

"What the shit Dexton!" Noah screamed barging into our cell.

I looked up at him and frowned. I stood slowly and then gripped his shirt in my fist and punched him in the jaw. He swung his face back to face me and smiled blood dripping down his lip.

"Don't you ever touch her again." I whispered to him.

He nodded sarcastically and kneed me in the stomach, letting my grip. He pushed me to the ground and kicked me in the ribs right where my freshly healed incisions are. I grabbed his ankle and pulled him to ground.

I scurried up and started dragging him outside the cell and into the courtyard. I couldn't let Shiloh see me like this. I let go of him as he was screaming words I didn't even knew existed. I stood up and tackled me. We wrestled on the ground till he pinned me.

"Dude what the hell! Its my sister I want to protect her for this reason you psycho!" I screamed blood now trickling down my forehead.

He took one last punch and the lights went out.

Sam

I woke up spooning one of the pillows I thought to be Kayden. I was surprised that she had left given what we had been through last night. I yawned and stretched and went out to go eat their crappy overcooked oatmeal for breakfast.

I stumbled through the halls my eyes heavy with sleep. I heard screaming, which was normal, but this screaming was from two patients screaming at each other. I ditched my half empty bowl of oatmeal and followed the noise out into the courtyard where Dexton and Noah were trying to kill each other. Noah was climbing off his freshly unconscious body. I watched as Noah walked back inside calmly as if nothing ever happened before running to Dex.

"Dude," I said shaking him genitally.

Nothing.

I tried again but nothing worked so I hoisted his body over my shoulders and carried him inside looking for a nurse. I ran into a man in scrubs reading a book and informed him of the situation before following him into the infirmary I didn't even know we had. I laid him down and hurried out quickly slightly embarrassed of what happened.

I walked into the rec room and sat down on a rotted bench picking up a deflated volleyball. I laid down on the bench throwing the ball into the air waiting to be called back for surgery. They're probably freaking out on why I didn't leave last night so I will definitely be taken in.

Sure enough I was. I followed the doctor back into a room to find Kaydence with her doctor.

"We need to do this one with both of you at the same time." My doctor said calmly handing us each a robe. "Undress and come back here to proceed to your tables."

We knew the drill.

I came back out first the whiteness of the room combined with the florescent light scarring my eyes. Kayden came out her hair now pulled back in a tight knot bun.

I looked at her terrified of what they had planned. I reached for her hand and intertwined my fingers with hers. I followed the Doctors to the tables they had for us. I laid down on one slowly taking off my robe nervous as their was a very pretty girl not 5 feet from me.

They lowered the masks down and I was out.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:52 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Ember Patron
~Kitchen~

Knight Isabel thought that when she was back in the castle, the constant screams of ‘bloody murder’ would stop. Especially when she was asleep at night.

The day she had returned from her efforts to promote the new peace treaty King Charles had signed, she went up to her room in an instant and collapsed from exhaustion. What had slipped her mind at the time was the fact that the prisoners of war were held in the dungeons, most of which were located under her room. It was definitely a joy to wake up to screams of pain in the early morning.

She did admit that at first it startled her, but it wasn’t to much effect since she’d become used to it… mostly. At her station in the war, she slept next to the medics’ tent. Most nights were spent listening to their wails of agony and to ‘just end it all, already!’ This wouldn’t be the way she spent the new day, listening to the interrogating of these people.

Today she would be reporting to the King, flaunting the success of which the nation nearby, Tenadale, had decided to engage in more trade due to the newest alliances her kingdom had made. With a jump in her step, she quickly pulled herself out of bed, and dressed in her normal under armor, with the exception of a long, silver cloak. Though she wasn’t bothered to put on her armor, she still equipped her sword automatically, along with the leather gloves she wore when it was wielded.

Once everything was collected and she was ready, Knight Isabel pushed her room door open. The metal framing of the door felt cold to her touch; the wood beside it smooth against her skin. Not even flinching, she strode out into the hall, briskly walking to the King’s hall. Before he had promised her that he would be back at the castle three days prior to her set arrival date.

Not many other people were out in the halls, which was a little surprising. Usually servants were running around, assisting the obnoxious lords and ladies occupying the castle at the time. Even other squires would be around at this hour before their training. Though, the Knight was too preoccupied thinking about what she will present to the King to notice it much.

In what felt like seconds, Knight Isabel stood at the grand doors which would present her to his Highness. Taking a deep breath, she gently pushed a door open, despite its bulky size. As the door creaked open, the Knight kept her eyes towards the floor, anticipating whether he would wish to address her first or not.

A moment passed with no word from the room. Hesitantly looking up, she noticed the room vacant. Her heart dropped; disappointment very apparent in her stance for her shoulders even dropped. Where would he be then?

She stepped into the room taking a glance around. A figure stood by the thrones, though she couldn’t make out if it was the King or not. Walking further into the room, the man at the thrones whirled around. Knight Isabel almost snorted in disgust when she saw who it actually was. Of course it would be Lord Guavin, one of the lords most opposed to her knighthood.

I pause for a moment. True I was disappointed, but there wasn't much of a confrontation. Mentally shrugging, I continue on.

She noticed a cool smile spread upon his face. “Good morning, Isabel. I assume you wish to meet with the King? Afraid he's not available at this moment in time.”

Biting her lip, she pressed for answers, “What do you mean? He's in the castle isn't he?”

He laughed an icy laugh, bouncing around the open room. “You didn't know? Suppose they don't tell the low ranks. The King has gone out to battle, leaving the conference early.”

“That's absurd. He wouldn't...”

“When security of one's rule is threatened, they'll do whatever it takes to secure their control.”

Before he could say another word, the Knight spun around and marched out the door. Of course she wouldn't believe the malarkey spewing from his mouth. It was set long ago in her mind that he was not a lord to be trusted.

Now, I’m not too sure why I stop. Something doesn’t feel right, but I can’t tell whether it’s about where this is going or something else entirely. For a moment, I contemplate ‘returning’, as I call it, but decide against it, diving back into the scene I’ve laid out before myself.

Knight Isabel stormed through the castle halls, urgency pulsing through her. If the King wasn’t in the Grand Hall, he’d have to be in his chamber. Even if he wasn’t, the Queen definitely would. She’d shed light on his whereabouts, being a much more accurate source.

The halls were still mostly vacant, which worried the Knight more. Where would everyone else be? As she passed rooms, not a sound could be heard from them. It was even possible that the tortured yells of the PoW were silenced. Everything around her possessed an eerie stillness.

Before long, she reached the door to his chamber, finding herself in the same situation as not too long ago. What if she was just overreacting? The Queen would answer and confirm Lord Guavin’s word. It was wishful thinking, but it was better than assuming the worst.

She raised her knuckle to the sturdy wood and pounded on it five times exactly, each one echoing around and ending back at her ears seconds later. No answer. None. Not even a servant answering to explain the two monarchs were out or busy. She tried again, ending with the same result.

As she equipped her right leather glove, she shoved the door wide open, allowing herself to peer into the room. Completely empty.

Drawing her blade, she called out, “Hello?” As expected, there was no reply.

Once more she called, louder this time, “Your Highness?”

The silence was unnerving. There had to be
someone around. It’s possible they have a mute servant tending to their room, but wouldn’t he at least hear the door? Why would he stay hidden like that?

Quietly, she advanced into the room, holding her sword up at the ready. With the first step she made, movement flashed in the corner of her eye. Alarm quickly spread through the Knight as she realized it was-

I don’t finish the thought, or even can. Within milliseconds, I register contact with something on my ear. From the feeling, I can only assume it’s a touch. My throat instantly tightens, fear overwhelming me.

Instantly, my vision clears, and I barely make out the figure of a little girl in front of me. Her name doesn’t come to me at this second, but what I do know is she touched me. She touched me.

Quickly, I glance around to see if anyone else is about. Another girl, who it is doesn’t register, stands a few feet away. I know the signs; I’ve been through this process far too many times to ignore it.

More panic invades my thoughts, and I scramble to my feet, backing away in hopes of can leaving the dream behind. A tingling sensation can be felt in my ear, and immediately after, my vision swirls into darkness.

“What is this?” a scientist demanded, staring down at me. In his hand he held a comb with the name ‘Eddie’ scribbled on it. For a moment, I didn’t understand, but the older memory appeared in my mind. This was the comb Dex had given me a bit ago.

The scientist’s face was red with rage. “Well?”

“It’s my friend, Eddie,” I answered shyly, eyes trained on the floor.

“And where did you get
Eddie?” he growled.

Voice even smaller, I replied again, “He was a gift.”

“Liar!” he roared, advancing towards me, “You stole this from the guard!” I couldn’t help but look up now, paralyzed by fear. From the way the man towered over me, I could tell I seemed shorter now, and in my arms, I clutched a rugged doll… Addy was her name.

“I didn’t steal him!” I cried, hoping the scientist would understand. They don’t seem to be very sympathetic though.

“It’s bad enough you try to get away with stealing, and now you add lying on top of that!” Every part of me wanted to step back, but I wouldn’t. It’s like I wasn’t in control.

“But, I didn’t,” my pleas had become pathetic whimpers. Not only that, I was also cowering.

Before I knew it, the scientist slammed his fist into my face. Pain exploded in my eye, causing me to cry out. I’d done nothing, so why did I deserve this. Doubling over, I tried to cover my eye gently without touching it.

The man stood over me. “Don’t you
ever try to steal something, then lie to get away with it again.”

Suddenly, I return to myself. New tears threaten to break through, but I won’t let them. I take another step back and pull my hands up to my head, one covering the touched ear and the other on my temple. It was just a dream, but why do I feel like I was actually hurt? I struggle to calm down, struggle to control my breathing.

“Shiloh!” the other girl calls out. She has jumped up as well and is trying to come over, probably because I look like some maniac. Though, it did dawn on me how terrified the little girl looked. Guilt presses on me, voiding the last bits of pain and panic.

A man calls out from behind the other girl, summoning her away. As she turns to leave, she shoots a concerned glance at the little girl, who I am just able to connect was Shiloh. I place my hands back down, awkwardly smoothing out my dress. The sensation in my ear has stopped already.

“I’m sorry…,” I glance down, almost whispering, “You just startled me.” So many questions pop into my mind. Why did she touch me? What was she doing? She only stands and stares at me, but I’m not sure if she’s still scared.

Taking a deep breath, I quietly walk out, leaving Shiloh staring at me. I didn’t want to think about it, but I knew something was up with the dream I just had. Could I have been her in it?
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

254 Reviews

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:17 am
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

Noah Boravich - Rec Room

Murderer. Murderer. Murderer. The same word echoed inside of my head endlessly. Sitting on the couch in the Rec Room, I tried to calm down, but my hands wouldn't stop shaking. Blood stained my knuckles and I could feel some drying on my face.

Pyscho.

What had I ever done to him? I'd tried to be a friend. A good cell mate at the least. Heck, I'd even talked to him about the trials. Maybe I had tried too hard.

You had this coming to you. Don't feel sorry for yourself! You're a murderer.

Closing my eyes tightly, I did my best to ignore all the guilt building up inside of me. He was just trying to protect his sister. Who wouldn't have? Everyone knew what I was like. I was the guy who could beat you to a bloody pulp. I was the monster that you wish wasn't real.

Pathetic.

Every fibre in my body told me to go say sorry, but what good would that have done? I'd beaten him up. I'd just proven what he had told Shiloh. I couldn't bottle up my rage. No one could control me. Especially myself. I was despicable.

That's right. You are.

My stomach began to hurt. A twisted feeling struck me and I felt sick. I told myself I was hungry. But I wasn't.

Standing up, I headed out of the room. Everyone was at breakfast. When you were in a place like the Lab, food was the only thing that reminds you of a normal, healthy life. It was the most enjoyable thing we had around there.

Trudging down the corridor, I passed cell 376, not daring to see if Dexton was there. I couldn't face him. Not after what I did.

Awaking from my thoughts, I collided with a girl named Ember, my shoulder knocking into hers. I let out a gasp as a cloud of yellow latched itself to me without permission and I felt something being taken from me. It was a memory. The room began to spin and the walls around me began to change shape.

Cell 117.

"Stay away from him, Shy," said Dexton, quietly. "He's a murderer. He kills people for the fun of it. Stay away, you hear me?"

My grip on the door got tighter, and I felt an emotion that hadn't felt in a long time. Upset. Shiloh squeaked a yes and I heard her choking a little, holding back the tears.

"He'll hurt you. He'll hurt me," carried on Dex. "You don't want that to happen, right?"

Silence. She must have nodded.

"He deserves to be dead."

My hand met my head and I stumble back a little. I just had to relive that all again. My eyes met the girl's and she shook a little. She suddenly burst into tears and I stood there, helplessly, wondering what to do.

"I, uh, are you okay?"

Shaking her head, she sobbed into her hands. She could relive memories. I took a step forward and patted her on the back, hoping that it would help. Suddenly, she collapsed into my chest, my top soaking up her tears. Almost immediately after doing that, she pulled away, obviously startled. She gabbled a sorry before running off.
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

275 Reviews

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:17 am
View Likes
elysian says...

Kaydence - Cell/Lab

I felt bad for leaving Sam. But I decided to push it out of my mind because I had to be in the lab today. I sighed and started towards the labs.

When I got there they said I had to wait for a few minutes before they could start. I just nodded and stared at the white floors. I didn't think about what happened last night, just stared as I let my mind go numb.

Without really realizing it until the scientist said something, someone was in front of me. I was too numb to pay attention, but the person's aura was an intense orange. Unsettled? I looked up, letting my senses sharpen. Sam. Here he was, sitting across from me. Why?

"We need to do this one with both of you at the same time." Sam's doctor looked at me, as if reading my mind. I wonder if she actually could? She handed me and Sam a robe. "Undress and come back here to proceed to your tables."

I went back to change and my mind raced. What were they going to do? What if they hurt Sam to see my reaction? Who knows what these lifeless vultures would do?

I stripped down, putting my robe on and then pulling my long curls into a bun. I walked back into the room, not even looking to see if Sam was in there or not, letting my senses numb.

One of the doctors gestured to two tables, and I walked to them. I felt something brush against my hand, and immediatly pulled it away, knowing it was Sam's hand. I didn't look to see his reaction.

I dropped my robe to the floor, barely even feeling anything. Emotionally or physically. I laid down, staring up at the ceiling.

Masks came down, and everything went black.

I woke up in a daze. I couldn't quite remember why I was here. Or where I was for that matter.

White. Oh right, the lab. A.k.a: Hell. I looked to my right, Sam was still waking up. His face was so peaceful. I tore my eyes away. Looking at the scientist in front of me.

"Thank you, that will be all." She smiled, looking fake. They were letting me off with no scars or scrapes? Nothing? Sam groaned beside me and I decided I better book it before I had to talk to him. I got up, realizing I was still naked, and quickley pulled on my robe.

I turned to leave but Sam grabbed my wrist. I turned around, avoiding his eyes. He pulled his robe on, and then tried to reach for my hand. I pulled it away and he sighed.

"What did I do wrong Kaydence?" His voice filled with such sadness it made my heart ache. I didn't answer because I didn't know how to responde.

"Please look at me..." He put his hand under my chin and made me look into his eyes. My heart broke, and I'm sure he saw it in my eyes. The fear, the sadness, the bitterness, and the part of me that wanted to be numb. He sighed and let go of my face. He got up towards the room that held his clothes, not looking back.

I felt so horrible I went straight back to my cell, forgetting my clothes. I changed once I got to my cell, into my nicest dress. It was white and flowed down to my knees. I let my hair down and started towards Sam's cell.

He was reading when I got there, he was radiating purple. He must be thinking instead of reading. I knocked on the wall, standing in the doorway. He looked up and his aura changed almost instantly to a yellow, which meant he must be happy to see me. I smiled, and he returned it.

I walked over to his bed, sitting on the edge. I fidgeted with my hands, and was instantly glad he didn't have my power.

"Hello there." There was warmness in his tone. I looked down, suddenly at a loss for words.
He scooted closer to me, taking my hand.

"Hey, it's okay..." He said, not really understanding what was wrong. I guess I didn't either.

He laid down, and pulled me down with him. I lay in his arms, and this time I don't think I would leave in the morning.

formally lylas.

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne