z

Young Writers Society

Spellfall

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:15 am
View Likes
sylverdawn says...

(disclaimer: got the story idea from a game.)

plot: Spellfall- A time when the sun sets, and does not rise. A period of chaos when monsters roam the land unchecked. Only the magical Torchlight keeps the cities and towns safe. Should it ever waver there would be few survivors.

After a hundred generations, few believed Spellfall would come. Some people said our histories were mere myths, fairy tails. There was no Spellfall. But it did come, and when the long night fell, I felt a power awake within me.

Monsters, emboldened by the darkness laid seige to the village. Only the Duskwalkers had the ability to manipulate elemental energy to create spells and fight off the monsters. Spellfall brought the monsters, and Spellfall gave me the power to fight them off.

No one ever knows how long Spellfall will last. Our home was attacked only a few weeks in. The histories describe periods of Spellfall lasting an entire generation or more. Children were born, grew old, and died, all under the cover of night.

The only people capable of using magic must have been born during the brief time between day and night. The dusk before Spellfall. They are called "Duskwalkers." The gift is passed through bloodlines, so it must have been an ancestor of mine, though there is no record in my family history.

The sudden attack shook the citizens up more than the first dark day of Spellfall. As I threw magic at our assailants, I could see terror in their eyes. My powers scared them as much as the monsters. How could I blame them, when I felt the same fear?

Corruption. Our histories say it comes from deep underground. The sunlight drives it away during times of peace. But it seeps out of cracks and caves during Spellfall. Coalescing ing oily, black monsters. Only a Duskwalker's magic can destroy it. Fighting the creature was dangerous, but no one else in the village could even try. I was the Duskwalker.

From The Duskwalker's Journel
Written during the last Spellfall

-------------
rules: The usual rules apply. No god-moding, no killing off characters without permission, etc, etc... Spellfall has fallen again in the world of the Four Kingdoms and you are a new Duskwalker.
-------------
characters: Please follow this character profile.

name-
age-
gender-
race- (Duskwalker, normal, Corrupted Human)
appearance- (pictures are acceptable but please include a short description)
personality-
Focus- (ONLY FOR DUSKWALKERS: the element you are best suited too. Fire, Water, Wind, Nature, Storm)
other-
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende